60%

Total votes: 15
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Kylemii »

[mention]nutella[/mention] what are your thoughts on today's lynch?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:27 am @nutella what are your thoughts on today's lynch?
I still think speed is a decent option but could definitely also go with Marmot now. Tony is on my short list as well at the moment. He's been all over the place since the dunya lynch and hasn't really explained his suspicion of me very well (I responded to his main post about it and he hasn't acknowledged my response but says he is still confident in his vote for me).
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I see Jack is voting Wilgy; I've been trusting and agreeing with Jack a lot and Wilgy has also been a pretty consistent suspect all game, mostly for not saying anything of substance. So he's on the table as well.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:25 am
Glorfindel wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:21 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:10 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:48 am Jackofhearts2005 Glorfindel TonyStarkPrime

thoughts on marmot?

over-confident mafia fucking around to distract us or indie fucking around to distract us
I don't think two mafia members claim indy today. But I can't be sure.

Would be worth figuring out who Ermac is based on sentence structure, etc but I'm really tired.
marmot's recent actions don't make sense as a match to the ermac sock, ermac seemed helpful and civvie-minded, at least on the surface marmot seems... chaotic.

I think he's the real Kano and went back on it after he was reminded of his role's win condition and seeing how close the mafia are to victory
I simply cannot accept that someone as skilled and experienced as Marmot could make such a newbie mistake. The fact that you could even suggest such a thing is giving me the heebie-jeebies...
then what do you suggest his motivation is? can you see a civilian reason for anything marmot's done?
You just played a burglary with him. I would like your answer to this question.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:42 am Where is our friend Quin? He’s in precisely the same time zone as I yet he’s not posted yet...? Seems strange.
A mixture of being up since 4:30, being out all day and packing for a cruise. I'm here though.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

lapluie wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:07 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:03 am
lapluie wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:58 am Am I eye sore or is JaggedJimmyJay not on the poll?
possibly both

Simon is also off the poll

can someone who is good at math tell me how far away from lylo we are? I can't imagine jay would do something like this unless he were confident it would lead to something advantageous for his team.

I guess for today we look at TSP, and Eloh. Marmot is also okay as an emergency food source.
I don't like how Eloh voted for Dunya over Simon & speeechuck, what do you think?
Is there a reason why Eloh should have voted Simon or speedchuck over dunya?
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:38 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:48 am Jackofhearts2005 Glorfindel TonyStarkPrime

thoughts on marmot?

over-confident mafia fucking around to distract us or indie fucking around to distract us

Would be worth figuring out who Ermac is based on sentence structure, etc but I'm really tired.
marmot's recent actions don't make sense as a match to the ermac sock, ermac seemed helpful and civvie-minded, at least on the surface marmot seems... chaotic.

I think he's the real Kano and went back on it after he was reminded of his role's win condition and seeing how close the mafia are to victory
I simply cannot accept that someone as skilled and experienced as Marmot could make such a newbie mistake. The fact that you could even suggest such a thing is giving me the heebie-jeebies...
then what do you suggest his motivation is? can you see a civilian reason for anything marmot's done?
Quin, are you asking for me to respond to my own rhetorical question?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:56 am

thoughts on marmot?

Yes.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:57 am

Yes.
The answers are non-civ distract us motivation, and no, there's no civ reason. These were things I've already said.

I also don't think of it as a newbie mistake like glorfindel said, I think it would be pretty easy for marmot to jump-react to his role being claimed before thinking about the implications.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin who are you looking at for today's lynch?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:02 am
Quin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:57 am

Yes.
The answers are non-civ distract us motivation, and no, there's no civ reason. These were things I've already said.

I also don't think of it as a newbie mistake like glorfindel said, I think it would be pretty easy for marmot to jump-react to his role being claimed before thinking about the implications.
I was trying to draw your attention to Marmot immediately claiming Jester in the burglary today. He didn't do that for civilian reasons. He said he'd have done it regardless of whether he rolled Jester or not. I can follow your train of thought if the underlined if what you're concerned about.

though i haven't even read outside of this quote pyramid so what do i know :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:08 am Quin who are you looking at for today's lynch?
I keep on feeling like I'm not getting the full story from lapluie. I could go there. Players unlikely to get my vote today are Eloh and Jack.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:09 amI was trying to draw your attention to Marmot immediately claiming Jester in the burglary today. He didn't do that for civilian reasons. He said he'd have done it regardless of whether he rolled Jester or not. I can follow your train of thought if the underlined if what you're concerned about.

though i haven't even read outside of this quote pyramid so what do i know :shrug:
the situations are different. In jester games there's no harm in claiming jester because the only person who doesn't mind being seen as possibly being the jester is the actual jester.

marmot countered strongly-suspectsd-to-be-a-mafia-member Jay's strongly implied claim of being Kano by implying he owned that role. the civilian utility for a fake indie counterclaim would be fairly limited, and would really just be a more risky way to get across the point of "doubt it"
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Quin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:12 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:08 am Quin who are you looking at for today's lynch?
I keep on feeling like I'm not getting the full story from lapluie. I could go there. Players unlikely to get my vote today are Eloh and Jack.
What are your thoughts on Wilgy and Tony?

Also could you expand on Eloh? thank you
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

Good to see you still with us today, Quin :bighug: I’m a little worried about the cruise thing if that means it will in any way limit your participation in this game... :(

I would agree with you about Eloh - I’ve read nothing that suggests to me that she’s Mafia and she’d be far from the top of my suspected Mafiosos this game (if I had such a list, that is :p) and I’m starting to get strange vibes about Lapluie myself. There was something I can’t quite put my finger on about her interaction with Dunya that I thought came off as a little ‘manipulative’ if that’s the right word. I wouldn’t be clearing Jack quite so fast however.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:31 am
What are your thoughts on Wilgy and Tony?

Also could you expand on Eloh? thank you
I'd lean civ on Wilgy. I don't like the comparisons I've read to how he solved the game in pirates using only emojis. He said more then, but I'm not convinced his lack of content is more likely to come from scum Wilgy. I couldn't give a damn about Tony in this game (i mean he's a swell guy and all but i just haven't paid any real attention to him kk)

Eloh's intro post stuck hard as a civilian who couldn't give a damn about feigning any sort of productivity. I can't really justify specifying her with just that one instance, I guess. But it just felt right.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:37 am
Good to see you still with us today, Quin :bighug: I’m a little worried about the cruise thing if that means it will in any way limit your participation in this game... :(

I would agree with you about Eloh - I’ve read nothing that suggests to me that she’s Mafia and she’d be far from the top of my suspected Mafiosos this game (if I had such a list, that is :p) and I’m starting to get strange vibes about Lapluie myself. There was something I can’t quite put my finger on about her interaction with Dunya that I thought came off as a little ‘manipulative’ if that’s the right word. I wouldn’t be clearing Jack quite so fast however.
I'll have to replace out after the 27th, so fingers crossed there's a replacement ready. But I'm here until then, ready to go.

Jack's one of my top town reads. I had an exchange with him on D1 in which he came across hella genuine. I've gotten some good tonal reads from him too. I'm gonna ride this read straight to hell :srsnod:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Can you point out the post that gave you the impression lapluie was being manipulative?
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Quin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:51 am Can you point out the post that gave you the impression lapluie was being manipulative?
It wasn’t one specific post, it was more a general tonal thing. Perhaps manipulative was the wrong word - perhaps unauthentic, if that’s a word :shrug: I’ll see what I can find to demonstrate what I mean. May I also please ask your opinion of Kyle? I really want to believe he’s OK but just when I start to believe...

Congrats on the cruise too! May I ask where you’re going and for how long? At the rate we’re going, this game will be well and truly over by the time you leave - please forgive my negativity :( )

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:27 am
Quin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:51 am Can you point out the post that gave you the impression lapluie was being manipulative?
It wasn’t one specific post, it was more a general tonal thing. Perhaps manipulative was the wrong word - perhaps unauthentic, if that’s a word :shrug: I’ll see what I can find to demonstrate what I mean. May I also please ask your opinion of Kyle? I really want to believe he’s OK but just when I start to believe...

Congrats on the cruise too! May I ask where you’re going and for how long? At the rate we’re going, this game will be well and truly over by the time you leave - please forgive my negativity :( )
GTH I call him town. I've lost interest in my early beefs with him. I don't think his comments about marmot reflect badly on him.

I'm staying in Sydney for a night and then heading to NZ. Gonna make stops in Auckland and some other cities/islands. I'll be back on the 8th.
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:48 am @Jackofhearts2005 @Glorfindel @TonyStarkPrime

thoughts on marmot?

More likely indie than JJJ, still trying to distract us. Not w/w with jjj.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]

Why are you voting Nutella? Why should we not lynch you?

[mention]Quin[/mention] [mention]Kylemii[/mention]
[mention]nutella[/mention]
[mention]Glorfindel[/mention]

Is it possible Jimmy is Ermac?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Quin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:47 am
Glorfindel wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:27 am

GTH I call him town. I've lost interest in my early beefs with him. I don't think his comments about marmot reflect badly on him.

I'm staying in Sydney for a night and then heading to NZ. Gonna make stops in Auckland and some other cities/islands. I'll be back on the 8th.
May I also ask how you interpret Jay’s earlier claim specifically in relation to Rule # 3 for this game?

Cool! Need someone to carry your bags?

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:35 am @TonyStarkPrime

@Quin @Kylemii
@nutella
@Glorfindel

Anything is conceivably possible. I suppose it could’ve been him from the language he used but Ermac kinda sounded like he knew stuff and if Jay’s Indy claim is true, I don’t see how that could be true. I’m still not sure I believe any of the stuff he said - for a start, how could you ever take anyone seriously with a ‘cat in a sweater’ avatar? :haha:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Glorfindel wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:05 am

@Quin @Kylemii
@nutella
@Glorfindel

Anything is conceivably possible. I suppose it could’ve been him from the language he used but Ermac kinda sounded like he knew stuff and if Jay’s Indy claim is true, I don’t see how that could be true. I’m still not sure I believe any of the stuff he said - for a start, how could you ever take anyone seriously with a ‘cat in a sweater’ avatar? :haha:
My concern is that I have misinterpreted Jay's Ermac claim as a Kano claim. (Obligatory "Which is why claiming should just be allowed and you toss extra roles on the front page as safeclaims or else even claiming neutral should be a modkillable offense. This nudge nudge wink wink this isn't against the rules right business is not my favorite thing.)

While an Ermac claim is less believable than a Kano claim, I'd just as soon lynch Kano as a mafia member. The same does not apply to Ermac.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

@Quin @Kylemii
@nutella
@Glorfindel

I’m voting Nutella because Nutella is mafia. Don’t lynch me because I think you need me.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:01 am

@Quin @Kylemii
@nutella
@Glorfindel

I’m voting Nutella because Nutella is mafia. Don’t lynch me because I think you need me.
Let me rephrase.

"With your recent suspicious actions like saying we shouldn't lynch Simon and with roughly one mislynch allowed before we lose, what actual reasons do we have to trust you are town and what actual reasons do we have to lynch Nutella?"
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:11 am

@Quin @Kylemii
@nutella
@Glorfindel

Let me rephrase.

"With your recent suspicious actions like saying we shouldn't lynch Simon and with roughly one mislynch allowed before we lose, what actual reasons do we have to trust you are town and what actual reasons do we have to lynch Nutella?"
i have an actual case on Nutella but I’m going to wait until I have time to do it right and why would I say that we shouldn’t lynch Simon today if I knew he wasn’t going to be on the lynch?

I can explain better but give me seven hours.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Elohcin »

lapluie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:43 pm I'm not buying whatever elochin is putting out, my vote will be on her.
I really don't care at this point and won't be trying to defend myself. I have done nothing to help the civs, this is true. And I woke up this morning with my migraine back and on the opposite side of my head and I feel as if I could throw up at any moment. I am so over feelng like crap. So....nope....don't care.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:53 pm I'm not a civilian.

I'm not mafia either.

:grin:
I'm here to counterclaim this shit.
Overdeep analysis of this:

Jay claiming 3rd party, at first glance, seems to be geared toward not getting nightkilled. Marmot's claim then, true or false, is geared toward doubt of that claim. First we'll talk about one's motives, then the other.

If Jay is town, this is an interesting 3P-hunting technique as well as a smokescreen so that he doesn't get lynched before he can figure out the scumteam.
If Jay is mafia, this is a huge WIFOM gambit to throw everyone for a loop. Not sure how this fits with being taken off of the poll, but hidden abilities abound.
If Jay is 3P, obviously he wants to up his chances of survival. Can't win if dead.

I don't buy that Jay is town after this. He's not treating the role that way.

Marmot, on the other hand, is throwing doubt on that claim.
If Marmot is town, he's trying to make sure that Jay's claim does him all harm and no good whatsoever. He's also being marmot.
If Marmot is scum, he's... uh. Doing the same thing? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this makes a little less sense than the town!marmot motive.
If Marmot is 3P, he's infuriated that JJJ found a way to squeeze past the rules and claim his role, when Marmot would have been the first to do that if he'd known. Legit counterclaim.

Now let's talk about presentation and wording.
I'm not mafia either.
We have a lie detector, probably still living. That lie detector can't do much to warn us of things. But if either of these people were paying attention to the lie detector, or wanted their statements to be technically true, then JJJ would be the 3rd party and Marmot would be the liar.
Don't know how much people care about that. Lie detectors in game with claiming, like I'm used to, are scary as hell.

Something to think about.

I don't think Jay is town. Whether he's mafia or 3P depends on how much WIFOM he's prone to as mafia. And, y'know, his role card.
I don't see a good scum motive for marmot, but it's marmot. He could be anything and still do this.

Most likely to least likely pairings of Jay/Marmot, off the top of my head:
3P/Town
Mafia/3P
Mafia/Town
3P/Other 3P?
3P/Mafia
Town/3P
Town/Mafia
Town/Town

linki: :( Please visit a doctor, Eloh. This can't be normal. I'll be praying for you.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Tony, walk me through your progression.

How did you come to change your opinion so drastically about so many players?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:43 pm Let’s play the build a scum team game. I’ll go first.

Dunya
Eloh
Wilgy
Nova
Long Con

Someone give me better.

And I would ask Speed about Nova but apparently he’s about to answer.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:10 pm Let’s play The Who’s Mafia game, 2.0 edition.
I’ll start again.

Quin
Nutella
Nova
Eloh
Speedchuck / Simon

I’m still reading into Simon. Not sure how EOD impacts that read.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:50 am So with the removals Simon’s chance of being mafia goes way up but he’s also unlynchable today. Same with JJJ (who’s in murkier waters).

Percentage rainbow, just so you guys can see my thoughts:
Simon 95
Nutella 85
JJJ 60
Quin 35
Eloh 35
Wilgy 30
Dave / Dom 29
Nova 25
Lap 25
Made 20
Speedchuck 15
Long Con 15
Kyle 10
JOH 10
Marmot 10
Glor 1

@linki
Dunya and Simon in lynch contention, Simon saved by a weird third train and too many people voting Dunya.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Tony's ISO is pretty meh. Not a lot of good. Nothing bad that hasn't been covered, though that's substantial.

Going to do interactive reads between Jimmy and Tony. Not sure if that'll help with WIFOM and everything.

Gonna read Nutella too.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Or I might play some Jagged Alliance 2.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

@Quin @Kylemii
@nutella
@Glorfindel

How confident are you with this outcome?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 364

Post by dunya »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:36 am
lapluie wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:43 pm I'm not buying whatever elochin is putting out, my vote will be on her.
I really don't care at this point and won't be trying to defend myself. I have done nothing to help the civs, this is true. And I woke up this morning with my migraine back and on the opposite side of my head and I feel as if I could throw up at any moment. I am so over feelng like crap. So....nope....don't care.
hugs! :hugs: really hope you get better soon.

p.s. I can sub in for eloh :meany: (just kidding)
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:56 pm Tony, walk me through your progression.

How did you come to change your opinion so drastically about so many players?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:43 pm Let’s play the build a scum team game. I’ll go first.

Dunya
Eloh
Wilgy
Nova
Long Con

Someone give me better.

And I would ask Speed about Nova but apparently he’s about to answer.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:10 pm Let’s play The Who’s Mafia game, 2.0 edition.
I’ll start again.

Quin
Nutella
Nova
Eloh
Speedchuck / Simon

I’m still reading into Simon. Not sure how EOD impacts that read.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:50 am So with the removals Simon’s chance of being mafia goes way up but he’s also unlynchable today. Same with JJJ (who’s in murkier waters).

Percentage rainbow, just so you guys can see my thoughts:
Simon 95
Nutella 85
JJJ 60
Quin 35
Eloh 35
Wilgy 30
Dave / Dom 29
Nova 25
Lap 25
Made 20
Speedchuck 15
Long Con 15
Kyle 10
JOH 10
Marmot 10
Glor 1

@linki
Dunya and Simon in lynch contention, Simon saved by a weird third train and too many people voting Dunya.
The first one is day 2. Long Con had some posts that day I had a good tone read on and had a solid day 3. That’s a pretty standard development.

I think there’s a good chance exactly one of Nova or Lap are mafia unlike some of the higher chances which I don’t necessarily read as mafia together. But on a broader sense that’s more of the wild card spot where it’s one of 4 different people.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 am

I'm not mafia either.

Overdeep analysis of this:

Jay claiming 3rd party, at first glance, seems to be geared toward not getting nightkilled. Marmot's claim then, true or false, is geared toward doubt of that claim. First we'll talk about one's motives, then the other.

If Jay is town, this is an interesting 3P-hunting technique as well as a smokescreen so that he doesn't get lynched before he can figure out the scumteam.
If Jay is mafia, this is a huge WIFOM gambit to throw everyone for a loop. Not sure how this fits with being taken off of the poll, but hidden abilities abound.
If Jay is 3P, obviously he wants to up his chances of survival. Can't win if dead.

I don't buy that Jay is town after this. He's not treating the role that way.

Marmot, on the other hand, is throwing doubt on that claim.
If Marmot is town, he's trying to make sure that Jay's claim does him all harm and no good whatsoever. He's also being marmot.
If Marmot is scum, he's... uh. Doing the same thing? Correct me if I'm wrong, but this makes a little less sense than the town!marmot motive.
If Marmot is 3P, he's infuriated that JJJ found a way to squeeze past the rules and claim his role, when Marmot would have been the first to do that if he'd known. Legit counterclaim.

Now let's talk about presentation and wording.
I'm not mafia either.
We have a lie detector, probably still living. That lie detector can't do much to warn us of things. But if either of these people were paying attention to the lie detector, or wanted their statements to be technically true, then JJJ would be the 3rd party and Marmot would be the liar.
Don't know how much people care about that. Lie detectors in game with claiming, like I'm used to, are scary as hell.

Something to think about.

I don't think Jay is town. Whether he's mafia or 3P depends on how much WIFOM he's prone to as mafia. And, y'know, his role card.
I don't see a good scum motive for marmot, but it's marmot. He could be anything and still do this.

Most likely to least likely pairings of Jay/Marmot, off the top of my head:
3P/Town
Mafia/3P
Mafia/Town
3P/Other 3P?
3P/Mafia
Town/3P
Town/Mafia
Town/Town

linki: :( Please visit a doctor, Eloh. This can't be normal. I'll be praying for you.
Mostly agree, but I’d put the X / 3P all a step higher.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

lapluie wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:37 pm

@Quin @Kylemii
@nutella
@Glorfindel

At this point, very.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:18 pm
lapluie wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:37 pm

@Quin @Kylemii
@nutella
@Glorfindel

At this point, very.
Make your case.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

@Quin @Kylemii
@nutella
@Glorfindel

I don't believe Jay is Ermac.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:35 am Is it possible Jimmy is Ermac?
I don't think he's Ermac for a couple reasons but I guess it's technically possible. I think it's much more likely he is really Kano.

Huh, I actually really like speedchuck's analysis. I still agree with Kyle that I don't see the town motive for what Marmot did, but he is Marmot after all and has been known to do weird stuff. :ponder:

Working on a rainbow
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Glorfindel
lapluie
Jackofhearts2005

Kylemii
Quin

Dave
Dom
novaselinenever

Long Con
Elohcin
Made
Marmot

DrWilgy
Simon
speedchuck
TonyStarkPrime

JaggedJimmyJay (3p)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]speedchuck[/mention], your Jay/Marmot analysis makes me want to reconsider my read of you, but you haven't said much about anything else recently. Who do you want to lynch today?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:47 pm speedchuck, your Jay/Marmot analysis makes me want to reconsider my read of you, but you haven't said much about anything else recently. Who do you want to lynch today?
JJJ and Simon. XD

I was breaking from mafia all yesterday. Didn't post relevant stuff in Fiddler either.
I still see no reason not to lynch Wilgy. Lapluie I still read as town, and I'm coming around on TSP. I don't know who I want to lynch for sure yet, but Made is a person I'm going to review before EOD, Wilgy is an option, and nutella and Marmot have been thrown around for one reason or another. That pool is a good place to start looking.

So, I have a separate question: What are we going to do about lurkers? Dave and Dom specifically. If we're 2 mislynches away from lylo or mylo, consider me concerned. If there are any town kills, these two along with Simon should be targets if we want a chance to win this.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

hmmm. not an amazing response tbh
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I think Jimmy is bad, not Kano.

Why save Simon? What does he care who gets lynched? Why draw so much fire over this?

Kano claiming Kano is essentially losing.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:57 pmSo, I have a separate question: What are we going to do about lurkers? Dave and Dom specifically. If we're 2 mislynches away from lylo or mylo, consider me concerned. If there are any town kills, these two along with Simon should be targets if we want a chance to win this.
I think I see what you're saying, letting players who don't vote might be a mathematical risk going into the next few days, but I don't think they're worth using town resources like kills on.... I think if we have those things they should be used on the Jay's and the Simon's of the world. Mathematically it has the same effect of tipping the scales away from the mafia's reach.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

it's also pretty clear that the poll removals of Simon and Jay are a coordinated action, yeah.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:18 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:57 pmSo, I have a separate question: What are we going to do about lurkers? Dave and Dom specifically. If we're 2 mislynches away from lylo or mylo, consider me concerned. If there are any town kills, these two along with Simon should be targets if we want a chance to win this.
I think I see what you're saying, letting players who don't vote might be a mathematical risk going into the next few days, but I don't think they're worth using town resources like kills on.... I think if we have those things they should be used on the Jay's and the Simon's of the world. Mathematically it has the same effect of tipping the scales away from the mafia's reach.
I'm not actually talking about vote risk. Or at least, not immediately.

Let's say we mislynch today. Lynch Simon and JJJ next. One more mislynch would put us at MYLO, with no information about Dave or Dom. What then? If one of them is mafia, do we just HOPE that we pick the right one first? With 2 inactives, it'll be harder than ever to POE it down. It's an ugly situation, and one that I'd rather avoid.
Judging by the fact that there's a mafia protective role, Mileena, I have hope that this can be handled. Because unless we lynch straight scum from here out, it is probably going to be a problem.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:10 pm hmmm. not an amazing response tbh
Yeah, I didn't figure you'd like it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”