Total votes: 15
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 0]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think I'll compile a Mafia resume while I'm not posting here. I have to be productive after all. :ponder:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm okay before we get too much further i want to ask real quick...

Dave
Glorfindel
@Gumshoe
@lapluie
@MacDougall
@novaselinenever
@TonyStarkPrime

could you each briefly summarize your past mafia playing history? How long have you been playing for? What site are you from? Have you played on the syndicate before? If no, are there any players in this game you have prior experience playing with?
Okay fine. I’ve been playing for not long and I’m from HCRealms and I’ve played here before but I always miss day 0 which is kind of sad.
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

Sorry for stupid questions, is it necessary for everyone to vote?
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

lapluie wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 am Sorry for stupid questions, is it necessary for everyone to vote?
I don’t think so for today. If you want to I would recommend voting for chaos cause it sounds fun.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225

Post by Sloonei »

lapluie wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:01 am Sorry for stupid questions, is it necessary for everyone to vote?
The Day 0 polls are usually just a way for people to check in. Sometimes they can have some sort of secret influence on the game. That is probably the case for this poll, so I'd say it's worth voting, even if no one is sure what we're voting for.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Is there going to be a Night 0? I assume not, but it's not unheard of.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

birdwithteeth11
Dom
Glorfindel
Gumshoe
sig

are the players who haven't checked in yet. looking at the sign up thread a most of of them signed up early so they might have forgotten about this game.

sig mentioned in the sign up thread that he'd have low participation in this game due to school and he also signed up like 3 days ago, so he'll probably show up at some point

Gumshoe, birdswithteeth, and Dom haven't posted anything anywhere on this website since november.

Glorfindel has posted in the recent holiday threads but he's also had a tendency of absence lately. He replaced out of Chicka Chicka midgame and was replaced in mountain mafia without posting anything. He signed up for this game in September.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

... I completely forgot about this game for like eight hours, came back and read 5 more pages but there doesn't seem to have been a ton of development since then and also the poll is still going to tomorrow apparently. So I don't really have much to add atm, no particular reason to suspect anyone yet imo. I saw that Mac (I think?) said something about me so I'll find that one sec
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:43 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm oh hey guys

most of the people who have posted so far look civ so far, but then most of them are the people who always look civ to me. Sloonei's alternate interpretation of Quin is interesting though and Quin is someone I'm always waffly on. :ponder:

Made is zany as usual. Not sure what he's on about but I think he's just being Made.

Out of the so-far-civ-reads I think my strongest 3 are Sloonei, Kyle, and Jack. They're safe from my D1 vote at this point unless something changes.

oh and welcome new people! I'm getting tired of reading posts from the same 6-7 people so let's see some thoughts k
Interesting that you hen picked who to make reads on/comment on after starting the post like you were about to skim read everybody.
Not sure what you mean by this? I read the whole thread before writing this post. This was just a summary of my thoughts on people as I was reading. What did I say that made you think I was "about to skim read everybody"?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]nutella[/mention], please tell me of your civilian read on Jack.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

lapluie hasn't said or done anything of a clearly civilian inclination, and yet that is my read. Civilian. The tone is just splendid.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:15 am Is there going to be a Night 0? I assume not, but it's not unheard of.
This question exists. Why?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime appeared, made four posts in response to things in this thread, and none of them contained reads. I am outraged.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

Jimmy you made promises to me...
nutella wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:59 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:43 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm oh hey guys

most of the people who have posted so far look civ so far, but then most of them are the people who always look civ to me. Sloonei's alternate interpretation of Quin is interesting though and Quin is someone I'm always waffly on. :ponder:

Made is zany as usual. Not sure what he's on about but I think he's just being Made.

Out of the so-far-civ-reads I think my strongest 3 are Sloonei, Kyle, and Jack. They're safe from my D1 vote at this point unless something changes.

oh and welcome new people! I'm getting tired of reading posts from the same 6-7 people so let's see some thoughts k
Interesting that you hen picked who to make reads on/comment on after starting the post like you were about to skim read everybody.
Not sure what you mean by this? I read the whole thread before writing this post. This was just a summary of my thoughts on people as I was reading. What did I say that made you think I was "about to skim read everybody"?
The start of your post made me feel like you were going to comment on everybody but then you just commented on a few. Seemed to restrain yourself.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:53 am Jimmy you made promises to me...
The start of your post made me feel like you were going to comment on everybody but then you just commented on a few. Seemed to restrain yourself.
Oh yeah. Fine.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:44 pm Jimmy can you please ELI5 Quin's posts in contrast to what those posts you believe to have "hunting legitimacy".
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 am New game!!!! Let's go.

i've never played a Mortal Kombat in my life, can anyone who has describe the realms? Are there any associations between realms and certain characters?
good opening question, town read.
A reason is barely provided here, but that reason bears no explanatory value. I struggle to believe that Quin is moved by a generic question about a Day 0 poll. Any player regardless of alignment can ask that question in a state of total comfort.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:43 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:36 am Quin I'm sorry buddy but I actually had the same thoughts as Jimmy as I was going through page 1. Then when I read him say it I got a little bit frustrated that he stole my thunder. As you well know I am never wrong on a day 1 read so you might as well just give up.
oh ok sorry ill do better next time
What are your immediate impressions of Mac and I?
Yet to make an impression.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 am No, I lied.

I don't think you actually care about the read you've given me so far. That's natural for you in trying to progress Day 0/1 though.
"No, I lied" ought to mean that the prior statement (that I've not made an impression) was false, and that a correction is coming. The next sentence does not reflect an impression of me. It's an assumption about what I'm doing with my read with no visible effort or interest in actually reading me.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 am He's been around as much as the next person so far but hasn't touched on the only suspect (me) yet, and has talked primarily about the poll. I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was worth mentioning.
Now the same guy Quin handed a town read for no reason is getting negative press, though Quin still doesn't actually call him suspicious. He drops an anti-Kyle fart into an oscillating fan and waits for it to blow over the thread.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 pm Quin, why are you town reading me in this game?
Gut.
Gut reads are great. There's still nothing stopping Quin from actually answering this question though, because if a town read on the thread's highest-quantity poster exists then there must be something he can point to that would justify it. Lazy at best, bad at worst.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:41 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:37 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:35 pm He wasn't doing that. He was setting a baseline for what he expects from a civilian and deciding I'm bad for not meeting that baseline. It wasn't about the supposed illegitimacy of my hunting. It was read as bad by default. Tunnel.
The "civilian baseline" was a description of hunting legitimacy. It was literally about that. Clearly you are viewing my behavior with a mindset that I am a civilian given these repeated assertions that I am tunneling on you, so I cannot determine why you refuse to say so.
kk :beer:
Civilian Quin tries to eat my face off. I don't get this smarmy whatever man response.[/spoiler]

~~~

Contrasted with facilitation-oriented content that I don't find suspicious:

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:30 am

i've never played a Mortal Kombat in my life, can anyone who has describe the realms? Are there any associations between realms and certain characters?
Trepid introductory nonstance from Kyle, scum read.
Eagerness to produce solid reads from Quin, town read.
Visible origins. I don't have to ask questions. They don't look like bullshit.

Sloonei cases Quin on Day 0

Glowing beacon of town.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:47 pm How did he react when pressed to justify that suspicion of you?
He attempted to justify it, and ended up roaming around in convoluted theories and uncertainties, struggling to piece together an argument.
So far there has been no attempt to justify his read on me. If anything, he's demonstrated an aversion to it. Granted it's only been about a half hour since he stated it, but he was given the chance to explain the read and did not.

Made, if you can, could you take us back to your headspace at the beginning of Vocaroo 2 when you were trying to frame Jay as bad?
Dedication to the task of solidifying a read on Made.

etc. There are numerous examples for Sloonei.

~ Refer to your own posts regarding Dave, nutella, and Quin himself.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:56 pm That's an interesting way of looking at it.

I still think Quin is town. I don't think any of this is out of character for Quin. I think Quin trying to get a handle on a JJJ read on day 0 would be more suspicious. I think Quin is contributing in his own way, generating content, and making reads as he sees them.

Your 'double-down' call is unnecessary. Was he supposed to ignore the accusation?

Actually, that idea explains all of this. Quin has not been ignoring the accusations against him. He pushes back to get more responses, calling attention to himself. I believe he is doing this to generate early (relevant) content, which is hard to do in a mafia game. I do not think that responding to every accusation and calling attention to yourself is (ideally) mafia play.

This, to me, is IDGAF Quin. And I read it town.
speedchuck turns it the other way and makes it crystal clear why Quin should be read as a civilian instead. It doesn't look like TMI or buddying and it reflects a rationale that I view as valid even if not necessary agreeable. I can envision a hunting civilian brain generating this post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:15 am I have a really juicy hot take right now and I bet you folks are just dying to hear it.
Go on.
Also this.
That was fake, there was no hot take, you were teased for an entire day.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 am TonyStarkPrime appeared, made four posts in response to things in this thread, and none of them contained reads. I am outraged.
JaggedJimmyJay is bad.
:D
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:16 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:53 am Jimmy you made promises to me...
Oh yeah. Fine.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:44 pm Jimmy can you please ELI5 Quin's posts in contrast to what those posts you believe to have "hunting legitimacy".

A reason is barely provided here, but that reason bears no explanatory value. I struggle to believe that Quin is moved by a generic question about a Day 0 poll. Any player regardless of alignment can ask that question in a state of total comfort.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:43 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:41 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:38 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:36 am Quin I'm sorry buddy but I actually had the same thoughts as Jimmy as I was going through page 1. Then when I read him say it I got a little bit frustrated that he stole my thunder. As you well know I am never wrong on a day 1 read so you might as well just give up.
oh ok sorry ill do better next time
What are your immediate impressions of Mac and I?
Yet to make an impression.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:44 am No, I lied.

I don't think you actually care about the read you've given me so far. That's natural for you in trying to progress Day 0/1 though.
"No, I lied" ought to mean that the prior statement (that I've not made an impression) was false, and that a correction is coming. The next sentence does not reflect an impression of me. It's an assumption about what I'm doing with my read with no visible effort or interest in actually reading me.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:02 am He's been around as much as the next person so far but hasn't touched on the only suspect (me) yet, and has talked primarily about the poll. I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was worth mentioning.
Now the same guy Quin handed a town read for no reason is getting negative press, though Quin still doesn't actually call him suspicious. He drops an anti-Kyle fart into an oscillating fan and waits for it to blow over the thread.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:21 pm Quin, why are you town reading me in this game?
Gut.
Gut reads are great. There's still nothing stopping Quin from actually answering this question though, because if a town read on the thread's highest-quantity poster exists then there must be something he can point to that would justify it. Lazy at best, bad at worst.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:41 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:37 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:35 pm He wasn't doing that. He was setting a baseline for what he expects from a civilian and deciding I'm bad for not meeting that baseline. It wasn't about the supposed illegitimacy of my hunting. It was read as bad by default. Tunnel.
The "civilian baseline" was a description of hunting legitimacy. It was literally about that. Clearly you are viewing my behavior with a mindset that I am a civilian given these repeated assertions that I am tunneling on you, so I cannot determine why you refuse to say so.
kk :beer:
Civilian Quin tries to eat my face off. I don't get this smarmy whatever man response.[/spoiler]

~~~

Contrasted with facilitation-oriented content that I don't find suspicious:

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:30 am

Trepid introductory nonstance from Kyle, scum read.
Eagerness to produce solid reads from Quin, town read.
Visible origins. I don't have to ask questions. They don't look like bullshit.

Sloonei cases Quin on Day 0

Glowing beacon of town.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:49 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:47 pm How did he react when pressed to justify that suspicion of you?
He attempted to justify it, and ended up roaming around in convoluted theories and uncertainties, struggling to piece together an argument.
So far there has been no attempt to justify his read on me. If anything, he's demonstrated an aversion to it. Granted it's only been about a half hour since he stated it, but he was given the chance to explain the read and did not.

Made, if you can, could you take us back to your headspace at the beginning of Vocaroo 2 when you were trying to frame Jay as bad?
Dedication to the task of solidifying a read on Made.

etc. There are numerous examples for Sloonei.

~ Refer to your own posts regarding Dave, nutella, and Quin himself.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:56 pm That's an interesting way of looking at it.

I still think Quin is town. I don't think any of this is out of character for Quin. I think Quin trying to get a handle on a JJJ read on day 0 would be more suspicious. I think Quin is contributing in his own way, generating content, and making reads as he sees them.

Your 'double-down' call is unnecessary. Was he supposed to ignore the accusation?

Actually, that idea explains all of this. Quin has not been ignoring the accusations against him. He pushes back to get more responses, calling attention to himself. I believe he is doing this to generate early (relevant) content, which is hard to do in a mafia game. I do not think that responding to every accusation and calling attention to yourself is (ideally) mafia play.

This, to me, is IDGAF Quin. And I read it town.
speedchuck turns it the other way and makes it crystal clear why Quin should be read as a civilian instead. It doesn't look like TMI or buddying and it reflects a rationale that I view as valid even if not necessary agreeable. I can envision a hunting civilian brain generating this post.
[insert cliche "it's day 0 my reads are weakly justified" defence here]
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:12 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:15 am Is there going to be a Night 0? I assume not, but it's not unheard of.
Maybe I wanna use my power.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

also "civilian quin" does whatever the bobba he wants as observed in literally every town game he's ever played on the syndicate
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I like to bobba my ELI5 sometimes.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:17 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:15 am I have a really juicy hot take right now and I bet you folks are just dying to hear it.
Go on.
Also this.
That was fake, there was no hot take, you were teased for an entire day.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] I'll say this, at least.

I've been unmotivated in games for a while now. It clearly seeped into the past three or four games I've played, especially Mountains. All kinds of reasons for that; some petty, some more legitimate. I'm not denying that it's my own fault but it's not that easy to jump right back into that ideal "character". Lazy, disinterested and unengaged are all accurate descriptors for me, but they don't mean I'm bad. I'm still participating, producing content and saying what I think, I've just ditched the bells and whistles you associate with "civilian behaviour" because I frankly cannot be assed.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:49 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:15 am TonyStarkPrime appeared, made four posts in response to things in this thread, and none of them contained reads. I am outraged.
JaggedJimmyJay is bad.
:haha:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:55 am also "civilian quin" does whatever the bobba he wants as observed in literally every town game he's ever played on the syndicate
Right? This is the main reason I'm not moved by any case on Quin.

The worst I can say about him is that he's tone pinging me a little earlier than usual. The accusations of genuinely trying to read people on Day 0? Weak.

I'm actually okay with Mac (old buddy old pal let me pocket you eh?) doing it cause I think it fits Mac's style but I don't see where Jimmy is coming from. I guess Jimmy is a at-the-wall thrower in the vein of Sloonei and MP but with his self imposed restriction, the weak case on Quin becomes a large part of Jimmy's content and paints him in a bad light. Hard to not be disappointed but the important part is if the root cause of Jimmy's overall posting being disappointing because he's not giving the 110% I'm used to or because he's bad.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*not genuinely trying
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Also, if you're going to limit your post count and ignore questions because of it, using one of them to tease a fake hot take is lame and borderline antitown.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

Last two text-based games I've played with JJJ had him as scum. In one of them, I was watching him from observer chat all game, analyzing his moves and ranting about how whenever I sacrifice myself to give town a lead on D2, they lose.

So I've got a pretty good impression of scum JJJ right now.

It's easier to read him by day 3 or so, and so I'm not final on this, but I will say that JJJ hasn't pinged me yet. Even with the hot take.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:54 am [insert cliche "it's day 0 my reads are weakly justified" defence here]
Quoting that entire thing for a one-line answer is the worst offense of all. :mad:
Quin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:19 am @JaggedJimmyJay I'll say this, at least.

I've been unmotivated in games for a while now. It clearly seeped into the past three or four games I've played, especially Mountains. All kinds of reasons for that; some petty, some more legitimate. I'm not denying that it's my own fault but it's not that easy to jump right back into that ideal "character". Lazy, disinterested and unengaged are all accurate descriptors for me, but they don't mean I'm bad. I'm still participating, producing content and saying what I think, I've just ditched the bells and whistles you associate with "civilian behaviour" because I frankly cannot be assed.
If I look past all of the perceived reads insincerity, I'm still left with a separate issue. I'll re-frame it as a question instead of an accusation: why won't you give a read on me?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:10 am
Quin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:55 am also "civilian quin" does whatever the bobba he wants as observed in literally every town game he's ever played on the syndicate
Right? This is the main reason I'm not moved by any case on Quin.
This is the stuff that looks gross to me at face value for you, Jack. You are free to disagree with my case, and you are free to read Quin however you may, but this just looks like it was pulled directly from the Mafia book of buddying. You're giving Quin a pass immediately ("not moved by any case on Quin") because of this simplistic and easily-replicable self-meta of "doing whatever I want". I suspect you more than him.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:10 amThe worst I can say about him is that he's tone pinging me a little earlier than usual. The accusations of genuinely trying to read people on Day 0? Weak.

I'm actually okay with Mac (old buddy old pal let me pocket you eh?) doing it cause I think it fits Mac's style but I don't see where Jimmy is coming from. I guess Jimmy is a at-the-wall thrower in the vein of Sloonei and MP but with his self imposed restriction, the weak case on Quin becomes a large part of Jimmy's content and paints him in a bad light. Hard to not be disappointed but the important part is if the root cause of Jimmy's overall posting being disappointing because he's not giving the 110% I'm used to or because he's bad.
Gross. You are trying as hard as you can to gripe about my motions against Quin, and the result is this b/s about the "portion" of my content. You try to wiggle into this stance of suspicion on me but can't quite find the courage to just do it.

"Paints him in a bad light" / "Hard to not be disappointed", BUT IhavenoideaifthisisactuallyalignmentindicativeandIamtalkingoutofmyarse.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:13 am Also, if you're going to limit your post count and ignore questions because of it, using one of them to tease a fake hot take is lame and borderline antitown.
Absolute horseshit. I'm limiting my posts because at the end of Vocaroo Too! I was confronted with numerous concerns that my intensity was preventing other civilians from enjoying the game as much as they could have. I've heard the same thing after multiple text-based games. I'm cutting myself down on a nightly basis to undefined portions (judged along with the general pace of the thread and my position in the post count ranks) to facilitate an easier environment for people who struggle to keep up. That doesn't mean I am not going to have fun with my play and stick teasers into the thread for people to pick at.

"borderline antitown" my ass. I would love for you to tell me with a straight face what negative civilian impact that silly nonsense had, or better yet how it benefits me in any other alignment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:55 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:12 am
Maybe I wanna use my power.
Who were you asking?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay is bad.
OUTRAGED :meany:

I welcome you to lay your accusations before me so that I may shred them like an angry boar.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Yeah, I disagree with you that I'm buddying Quin.

You do realize I've tunneled on Quin what? Every single time we've been town together? And I would have done so in Pirates but I was bad. Of course I have to give him a bit of a pass. He's been suspicious when he's not been bad lately. Besides trying to not make mistakes, I can sympathize.

JimmyJimmyJimmy, I actually don't know what your alignment is, which is why I'm saying such things. I clearly read you all wrong in the one mafia game we were in together for more than a phase while you were bad (Mountains), reading you as strongly w/w with several players you were not (Mal, Quin) and not with players that you were (Eloh, Doc). To what end would bad Jack go halfway on this?

I like your intensity but you do you.

Idk what your exact rule is but if you're gonna do 20 posts and I talk at you like 5 times, ignoring 4 of those posts in favor of a nothinginthebox is wasting time and means you can use the self imposed rule to ignore stuff. Are you doing that? Probably not. But you could and I don't see the purpose of that post if you're town.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm Idk what your exact rule is but if you're gonna do 20 posts and I talk at you like 5 times, ignoring 4 of those posts in favor of a nothinginthebox is wasting time and means you can use the self imposed rule to ignore stuff. Are you doing that? Probably not. But you could and I don't see the purpose of that post if you're town.
That isn't a product of the restriction unless you asked them immediately after I stepped out. I haven't ignored you intentionally; I'll go look for whatever you're talking about.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention], I don't know what you want me to respond to. You asked about Made's alignment in Vocaroo 2, and Sloonei covered that. You asked me to expand on my Quin concerns, and obviously that's covered. If there's something else point me to it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

None of my questions were particularly important. I'm more just feeling you out atm.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:37 pm None of my questions were particularly important. I'm more just feeling you out atm.
I'm not meaning to butt in, because maybe JJJ is about to follow up.

But I don't like this response. It's another one of those "avoiding culpability for what I've said" posts, and I don't feel like Jack is the type to normally do that. Could you at least provide one of the unimportant posts, so that I know your argument isn't full of crap?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:37 pm None of my questions were particularly important. I'm more just feeling you out atm.
I'm not meaning to butt in, because maybe JJJ is about to follow up.

But I don't like this response. It's another one of those "avoiding culpability for what I've said" posts, and I don't feel like Jack is the type to normally do that. Could you at least provide one of the unimportant posts, so that I know your argument isn't full of crap?
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:57 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:39 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:14 pm Jimmy, what do you look like when you're bad? You maintain that Epi catching you in Mountains was broken clocking, yeah?
I'm not sure what you mean by "broken clocking". He caught me legitimately in that game. Perhaps I was hindered by finals week in my graduate courses from posting as much as usual, but that's a lame excuse. I'll give you some other recent examples:

Transistor

Currents

Phenon: Origins

Now your assignment is to tell me what this means to you and what you will be doing with it moving forward.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. ie the arguement against you was crap but just happened to allow for the correct conclusion.

(Example: Dom being sure I was bad in Mass Effect because he didn't believe I tried to make a rainbow list without hitting the preview/edit button.)

You were Bravo is Phenon, right?

I have this idea that if I see a player as town enough and as scum enough, I'll be able to tell what alignment they are now. I think I've seen bad Jimmy just once and it was some weird timing for you irl.

Doesn't mean nothing to me yet cause I haven't read the games. I expect that going forward, I will come up with some possible tells for you that may or may not be credible due to low sample size. We'll see.

Jackofhearts2005. Trying to come up with worse and worse reasons to get lynched since 2016. :noble:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

PS: I've been accused of avoiding responsibility for my posts as a townie plenty. But people who say so are mongrels/disgusting.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:07 am nutella, please tell me of your civilian read on Jack.
Gut, I guess. I thought there was some specific post that made me feel that way from his tone or something, but I went back into his ISO and couldn't pin it down. Maybe just the way he jumped right in and put himself out there expressing opinions that were a bit against the grain, like his outworld vote reasoning and his eagerness to talk about people other than Quin.

That's not to say that I don't think Quin is a decent suspect at this point; I think the points against him have been okay so far, though I am always wary of misreading/mislynching him (especially since I tinfoiled him for so long in Mountains and he was civ the whole time). But I definitely think that Jack and Quin are non-w/w.
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:53 am
I don't know what to tell you man. I gave the thoughts that I had. Nothing contradictory or restrained about it.

Good to see that Jay isn't going uncriticized. I haven't seen anything out of the civ norm from him yet, but I don't want to get too comfortable. Bravo had me fooled.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:26 pm PS: I've been accused of avoiding responsibility for my posts as a townie plenty. But people who say so are mongrels/disgusting.
Good to know. The first part, at least. I usually use that as a tell. :pout:
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:24 pm You were Bravo is Phenon, right?
Yes. If you click the link I provided in response to your prior question, you'll find yourself directed to the entire post history of... Bravo. :suspish:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:26 pmBut I definitely think that Jack and Quin are non-w/w.
Agreed.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Glad I could help take some heat off Quin. :rolleyes:

For the record, I put Quin as about null so far. Just because I disagree with a case against someone and am slightly suspicious of one of the accusers doesn't mean I have a reason to read Quin as town so far.

I guess I kinda do have some reason because he seems genuine and I buy his defense. I just expect bad Quin to make the exact same defense.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I do feel a tad silly for not clicking the link. I was gonna get to it. Bravo did actually stick out to me as a unique voice on Day 1 (I was lynched Day 1) and I remembered Bravo being bad in the end. If you had been anyone else, the question would have been worthless but knowing you were Bravo without clicking the link is a tad helpful.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Wait just a minute. When Jimmy is bad.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 40#p389564

He frames Jack! :mafia:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:49 pm Wait just a minute. When Jimmy is bad.

And then Jack asks him to what end Jack would do what Jimmy accuses him of doing. http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 40#p389638

:faint:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:38 am
Marmot wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:22 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 pm Before you try to figure out what's going on, lapluie, I suggest you introduce yourself to all these fine folks who haven't had the pleasure of meeting you. Tell us who you are, what your mafia experience is, and what your general impression of this game is. please and thank you.
Hello lapluie, I am Marmot.

Sloonei, could you tell me your mafia experience pls.
I uh got my start playing on RYM about 7 years ago, then migrated here in 2015, taking up permanent residence with the death of RYM's OT board. Two years ago I was a finalist in MafiaUniverse's Tournament of Champions and I've been a part of many games here on the Syndicate. :grin:
I knew all of this. I just want the class to hear it. :nicenod:
Quin wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:39 am nobody asked but i started playing mafia like 6 years ago and i still suck at it
But you're still here!! Or at least I think you are.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:03 am
I don’t think so for today. If you want to I would recommend voting for chaos cause it sounds fun.
I voted chaos for the same reason.
nutella wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:55 am ... I completely forgot about this game for like eight hours, came back and read 5 more pages but there doesn't seem to have been a ton of development since then and also the poll is still going to tomorrow apparently. So I don't really have much to add atm, no particular reason to suspect anyone yet imo. I saw that Mac (I think?) said something about me so I'll find that one sec
I've developed a craving for beer. :beer:
Do you expect every player who makes > 4 posts to include a read somewhere in there?
JaggedJimmyJay is bad.
I have liked everything this fellow says. He's a civilian. :srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:49 pm Wait just a minute. When Jimmy is bad.

I sure framed Kilo. :grin:

I had no clue who Kilo was though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”