Total votes: 15
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 612
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 0]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 am GTH town.

It's not that I wouldn't. I probably could have put you somewhere on the scale based on what I'd read, but I couldn't be bothered with the subsequent "why's" I should expect from you this early. Lazy and unforgivable, right? :faint:

You pointed out my correction earlier saying it wasn't actually an impression on you. That's false, it's just not an impression directly reflective of your alignment. You also said it was likely I was trying to cause trouble for Kyle by throwing my reverse-read on him into the wind - that's what happens when the person you're trying to bounce ideas off of drops the conversation on you. I'd have talked about it with anyone if they'd said something about it. Do you have anything to say about it?
You're probably town. Did you make any observations or draw conclusions apart from what you mentioned re: Kyle about how people handled me screaming at you?

I would say that Kyle has spent more time discussing mechanics and the night poll than the average player. I think he has sounded quite genuine in that effort though and don't really view him as a premier suspect. I saw one instance of scum Kyle in the sc2 game he played with dunya, and so far I think he looks more like the town version we've seen on The Syndicate to me.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mortal Kombat Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:01 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:42 amIn what regard would I need to stand by it? I made it for the benefit of the lie detector in the game. I can't delete or edit the post, so it's there for them to fact check if they want. Otherwise, my denial of anti-towniness should be implicit.
I don't actually care that much about the lie detector for this, and it's not like they could let us know anyways.

If you're a dangerous role and Made knows something about you but is giving you a pass for possibly being the less dangerous indie then... I want to make sure that that can't happen because it could cause problems down the road.

If Made notices any contradictions then I'm sure he'll tell us about it.
How would Made have insight into my role? This is not a possibility which has entered my mind because if he did have insight, he would be less wrong about me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

whoops, I dropped my vote and it landed on nutella. I need to go work on school applications now, bye.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 388

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm Yeah, I disagree with you that I'm buddying Quin.

You do realize I've tunneled on Quin what? Every single time we've been town together? And I would have done so in Pirates but I was bad. Of course I have to give him a bit of a pass. He's been suspicious when he's not been bad lately. Besides trying to not make mistakes, I can sympathize.

JimmyJimmyJimmy, I actually don't know what your alignment is, which is why I'm saying such things. I clearly read you all wrong in the one mafia game we were in together for more than a phase while you were bad (Mountains), reading you as strongly w/w with several players you were not (Mal, Quin) and not with players that you were (Eloh, Doc). To what end would bad Jack go halfway on this?

I like your intensity but you do you.

Idk what your exact rule is but if you're gonna do 20 posts and I talk at you like 5 times, ignoring 4 of those posts in favor of a nothinginthebox is wasting time and means you can use the self imposed rule to ignore stuff. Are you doing that? Probably not. But you could and I don't see the purpose of that post if you're town.
How does your experience tunneling me factor into your defence against you buddying me now? :noble:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If I do have a concern about Kyle, it'd be his continued obsession with Made's little Kyle/speedchuck comment. What is the urgency about uncovering that specific mystery?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:53 am Nobody is talking about Wilgy.

Vote 1 Quin. But yeah wilgy. That guy is bothersome.
How come?
He said I was bad and I'm not.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 440

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:09 am Speedchuck, what do you think about my vote on kyle?
I don't blame you.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

One more thing before I go: [mention]lapluie[/mention] I insist that you vote for somebody right now! You can always change it later if you don't like it. Go go go. :ohyeah:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 am

It's not that I wouldn't. I probably could have put you somewhere on the scale based on what I'd read, but I couldn't be bothered with the subsequent "why's" I should expect from you this early. Lazy and unforgivable, right? :faint:

You pointed out my correction earlier saying it wasn't actually an impression on you. That's false, it's just not an impression directly reflective of your alignment. You also said it was likely I was trying to cause trouble for Kyle by throwing my reverse-read on him into the wind - that's what happens when the person you're trying to bounce ideas off of drops the conversation on you. I'd have talked about it with anyone if they'd said something about it. Do you have anything to say about it?
You're probably town. Did you make any observations or draw conclusions apart from what you mentioned re: Kyle about how people handled me screaming at you?

I would say that Kyle has spent more time discussing mechanics and the night poll than the average player. I think he has sounded quite genuine in that effort though and don't really view him as a premier suspect. I saw one instance of scum Kyle in the sc2 game he played with dunya, and so far I think he looks more like the town version we've seen on The Syndicate to me.
I'm talking more specifically about his first 10 posts (that's what he had when I made the initial post). He'd been littering posts here and there while I was getting drop kicked by you and MacDougall, but never really gave his two cents. I had the impression he was avoiding having an opinion.

This is also how he responded to me bringing him up:
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
Never actually addresses what I say about him but in turn changes the topic entirely.
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:53 am
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:18 am Quin do you consider yourself to be a primary suspect? :p
Not really. These are the initial "throw shit at the wall and see what sticks" cases. A suspect nonetheless though.
I don't see anything you've said or done as being worthy of a civ or mad read, to me it's more of a "Quin seems lackadaisical and carefree" read, that might factor into a read later given different behavioral context.

Quin do you have any suspects?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 am

On the former:

nutella's umming and ahhing about me (we don't have ISO links yet and I can't find a post from her easily yet) read as sitting on the fence. It was something like "The case on Quin is interesting but I always waffle on him".
ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 am @lapluie care to share a read on me and an expanded one on Quin? we're the players you know coming in, so we could be your most natural reads.
It's actually quite difficult to read you! you died so early in the game last time we played, that you seemed overly sus.. but no im not sure.. causal behaviours. Haven't seen anything sus that would make me think otherwise. I do have to say though that it's a given you come off as town leader, no? Not necessarily a bad thing. But also may be wrong. I don't wanna go ahead & pick on quin but I will bring up a past game experience with him if needed. he's played that card before "I'm sick so I won't be much of use to participate " kinda thing. I guess the laziness bit of it is hes just watching reactions by that which has already developed.
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'd like [mention]Made[/mention] to tell me about how his read on me has progressed in this game so far.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:18 pm Yeah, I disagree with you that I'm buddying Quin.

You do realize I've tunneled on Quin what? Every single time we've been town together? And I would have done so in Pirates but I was bad. Of course I have to give him a bit of a pass. He's been suspicious when he's not been bad lately. Besides trying to not make mistakes, I can sympathize.

JimmyJimmyJimmy, I actually don't know what your alignment is, which is why I'm saying such things. I clearly read you all wrong in the one mafia game we were in together for more than a phase while you were bad (Mountains), reading you as strongly w/w with several players you were not (Mal, Quin) and not with players that you were (Eloh, Doc). To what end would bad Jack go halfway on this?

Idk what your exact rule is but if you're gonna do 20 posts and I talk at you like 5 times, ignoring 4 of those posts in favor of a nothinginthebox is wasting time and means you can use the self imposed rule to ignore stuff. Are you doing that? Probably not. But you could and I don't see the purpose of that post if you're town.
How does your experience tunneling me factor into your defence against you buddying me now? :noble:
Townie Jack has a reason to be careful about pursuing/following Quin cases. Baseline suspicion needed to try to lynch on you is higher than average. I'm not buddying. I'm being careful.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

lapluie wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:15 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:02 am @lapluie care to share a read on me and an expanded one on Quin? we're the players you know coming in, so we could be your most natural reads.
It's actually quite difficult to read you! you died so early in the game last time we played, that you seemed overly sus.. but no im not sure.. causal behaviours. Haven't seen anything sus that would make me think otherwise. I do have to say though that it's a given you come off as town leader, no? Not necessarily a bad thing. But also may be wrong. I don't wanna go ahead & pick on quin but I will bring up a past game experience with him if needed. he's played that card before "I'm sick so I won't be much of use to participate " kinda thing. I guess the laziness bit of it is hes just watching reactions by that which has already developed.
I think people here have experienced enough games with me to back me up when I say that those sorts of "appeals" aren't supposed to be alignment indicative. I only ever want to tell people what's up.
ImageImageImageImage
lapluie
Moon Child
Posts in topic: 553

Post by lapluie »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:08 am One more thing before I go: @lapluie I insist that you vote for somebody right now! You can always change it later if you don't like it. Go go go. :ohyeah:
*gulp* pressure? I think I'll way & see a bit later to what everyone has more to say, afterall we have a lot of time
* ☆ kepler 22b ~ °
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Frankly, I hate appeals. I try not to make them as a rule. I've been breaking that rule too often lately though.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:16 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:04 am

Townie Jack has a reason to be careful about pursuing/following Quin cases. Baseline suspicion needed to try to lynch on you is higher than average. I'm not buddying. I'm being careful.
Cool beans.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

to further break my rule about appeals i just wanted people to know i've only got internet on my computer because of a makeshift technical endeavor awkward constructed this morning so if i disappear off the face of the earth that's probably stopped working kk
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm oh hey guys

most of the people who have posted so far look civ so far, but then most of them are the people who always look civ to me. Sloonei's alternate interpretation of Quin is interesting though and Quin is someone I'm always waffly on. :ponder:

Made is zany as usual. Not sure what he's on about but I think he's just being Made.

Out of the so-far-civ-reads I think my strongest 3 are Sloonei, Kyle, and Jack. They're safe from my D1 vote at this point unless something changes.

oh and welcome new people! I'm getting tired of reading posts from the same 6-7 people so let's see some thoughts k
hey found the nutella post
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

[mention]nutella[/mention] I take back what I said about you sitting on the fence. It doesn't read that way anymore. Instead I'm curious why your wafflyness on me is a point in favour of Sloonei's interpretation.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 563
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 amHow would Made have insight into my role? This is not a possibility which has entered my mind because if he did have insight, he would be less wrong about me.
that's the conclusion I drew from "ask Kyle" "wait not Kyle yet" "actually ask speedchuck"

I assumed he had some kind of one-shot secret power that would get Intel on a player and then send it to two other additional players or something.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 105

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Gonna disagree with what I’m percieving as the general consensus on Sloonei here. Someone convince me I’m wrong.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:02 pm oh hey guys

most of the people who have posted so far look civ so far, but then most of them are the people who always look civ to me. Sloonei's alternate interpretation of Quin is interesting though and Quin is someone I'm always waffly on. :ponder:

Made is zany as usual. Not sure what he's on about but I think he's just being Made.

Out of the so-far-civ-reads I think my strongest 3 are Sloonei, Kyle, and Jack. They're safe from my D1 vote at this point unless something changes.

oh and welcome new people! I'm getting tired of reading posts from the same 6-7 people so let's see some thoughts k
I don't care for this stuff.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:27 am Gonna disagree with what I’m percieving as the general consensus on Sloonei here. Someone convince me I’m wrong.
I might take you up on that if you can explain why you feel that way.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 105

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:26 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:03 amHow would Made have insight into my role? This is not a possibility which has entered my mind because if he did have insight, he would be less wrong about me.
that's the conclusion I drew from "ask Kyle" "wait not Kyle yet" "actually ask speedchuck"

I assumed he had some kind of one-shot secret power that would get Intel on a player and then send it to two other additional players or something.
I like this because it’s too tunnely / weird of a story to be mafia.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 488
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 am @Sloonei @Jackofhearts2005 @Long Con
Why not? :faint:
Is that a question or an answer?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:57 am It's rather vague, but I thought Wilgy's suspicion of nutella (Hazelnut) looked authentic. It wasn't explained or thorough, but it had the feel of the sort of Wilgy poke that develops into a Wilgy read.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:58 pm Hazelnut what's wrong?
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:36 pm Bad guys are Hazlenut, Mac, and Sloonster.

Dis is de wae.
Disagree. Mentioning a player and then saying they are bad is not progression.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:05 am If I do have a concern about Kyle, it'd be his continued obsession with Made's little Kyle/speedchuck comment. What is the urgency about uncovering that specific mystery?
Well... part of it is definitely that Made decided to make me part of it, by including me as one of the people that would (eventually?) be able to back up his read on Sloonei. I ended up looking back through both of their posts and interactions and in general I just still feel like there's something off about it. for now i think it can be put on the back burner until made drops in.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:41 am Disagree. Mentioning a player and then saying they are bad is not progression.
Understandable perspective. I don't judge DrWilgy by the accepted laws of physics.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:27 am Gonna disagree with what I’m percieving as the general consensus on Sloonei here. Someone convince me I’m wrong.
what is the general consensus on sloonei and why do you disagree with it
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:42 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:05 am If I do have a concern about Kyle, it'd be his continued obsession with Made's little Kyle/speedchuck comment. What is the urgency about uncovering that specific mystery?
Well... part of it is definitely that Made decided to make me part of it, by including me as one of the people that would (eventually?) be able to back up his read on Sloonei. I ended up looking back through both of their posts and interactions and in general I just still feel like there's something off about it. for now i think it can be put on the back burner until made drops in.
Reads on Quin, Jack, and I. Go.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dave
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Dave »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:11 pm okay before we get too much further i want to ask real quick...

@Dave
@Glorfindel
@Gumshoe
@lapluie
@MacDougall
@novaselinenever
@TonyStarkPrime

could you each briefly summarize your past mafia playing history? How long have you been playing for? What site are you from? Have you played on the syndicate before? If no, are there any players in this game you have prior experience playing with?
i have some town of salem games on oro jackson still i m new to trad format and this one which much read based then abilites based which i m used to
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Keeping my vote on TonyStarkPrime until he talks more about disagreeing with the concensus on me. I'm interested.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:45 amReads on Quin, Jack, and I. Go.
Quin is being a carefree goofball, but he's also putting forth some good effort. I'm inclined to think he's good.

Jack...... On the surface seems pretty okay... I think. His post where he responded to my question about my meta pinged me a little bit because of how he changed his mind about whether I seemed genuine or not because i said "fuck" a few times and also "I'm rude now". It seemed a little bit not genuine change to me. Though, a baddie Jack trying to push suspicion on me in the middle of a discussion about how hard I am to mis-lynch due to how genuine I always seem would be kind of ballsy.

Jay.... good I think. You're doing the things that a good Jay does. My apprehensiveness of you in general from Bravo hasn't exactly worn off yet but my gut says goodish.

Jay, what are your thoughts on Quin and Jack?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:44 am Jay, what are your thoughts on Quin and Jack?
Quin seems fine. He was obstinate in the face of my bossy ass, something I think is typical of his civilian play, and I like that he has continued to find ways into this thread despite Internet troubles at home which would leave him a reasonable excuse to slank off.

The nicest thing I can say about Jack's play thus far is that it has been confusing to me. I don't understand much of anything he has posted with my name in it -- griping that I didn't answer questions, discovering that they were close to pointless questions, needing prodded to actually click the past-game links I provided after he had asked me for scum self-meta himself, and then drawing parallels to the Phenon game to my early treatment of him that can't make sense with sock accounts. He's south of yellow on a rainbow.

*immediately goes meta-spelunking to see if civilian Kyle is an ellipsis abuser*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:06 am *immediately goes meta-spelunking to see if civilian Kyle is an ellipsis abuser*
Yep. Ellipses everywhere in Phenon 2 and Mountain Mafia. Okay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 226

Post by MacDougall »

Dave's bad. Discuss.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:13 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:06 am *immediately goes meta-spelunking to see if civilian Kyle is an ellipsis abuser*
Yep. Ellipses everywhere in Phenon 2 and Mountain Mafia. Okay.
epignosis isn't playing in this game so I can use whatever punctuation i want B)

what's he gonna do? modkill me for using too many run-on sentences?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:15 am Dave's bad. Discuss.
I'd agree that he's more suspicious than the other minimal-posters. I agreed with your earlier reception of his first post, that it seemed a bit forced, and all we got tonight was a basic response to an @ tag.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

he hasn't posted much, and what he has posted hasn't been suspicion based. what's he like normally? @whoeverknowsdavesmeta
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 125
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 am nutella I take back what I said about you sitting on the fence. It doesn't read that way anymore. Instead I'm curious why your wafflyness on me is a point in favour of Sloonei's interpretation.
did I imply it was? :ponder: I talked a little bit more about you in a later post, did you see that? Basically, I'm wary of misreading you or getting too persuaded by a case especially since I tinfoiled you in Mountains and you were town, but I do think the points on you have been compelling and I'm definitely keeping an eye on you as a potential candidate for my vote. I've gotten a more-town-than-not vibe from most of your responses though. So yeah, I'm waffly. :shrug2:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

nutella wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:43 am
Quin wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:23 am nutella I take back what I said about you sitting on the fence. It doesn't read that way anymore. Instead I'm curious why your wafflyness on me is a point in favour of Sloonei's interpretation.
did I imply it was? :ponder: I talked a little bit more about you in a later post, did you see that? Basically, I'm wary of misreading you or getting too persuaded by a case especially since I tinfoiled you in Mountains and you were town, but I do think the points on you have been compelling and I'm definitely keeping an eye on you as a potential candidate for my vote. I've gotten a more-town-than-not vibe from most of your responses though. So yeah, I'm waffly. :shrug2:
thanks, I'll have a look. I take it my initial interpretation was correct then?
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Update: as it seems Kyle has no idea what I am up to, and speedchuck is also not picking up the vibs I am attempting to spread around the thread I would like to update my people who seen sus list:

Mac, Dave, Nutella, Marmot.

They all make me feel icky.

Also, roll outing and hinting is rude, dumb, mean and other stuff, but I do still feel as if I have a personal connection with those players, both my fellow civs and those who try to sow evil into our syndicate.
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

I am not, nor would I ever role hint bdubs
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

Page 1 - Key take-aways:
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 am New game!!!! Let's go.

i've never played a Mortal Kombat in my life, can anyone who has describe the realms? Are there any associations between realms and certain characters?
I personally didn’t think much of this post from Kyle. To my mind, it looks like an attempt to appear to engage with his fellow players by giving them a task to perform. Subsequent comments in relation to his question makes it appear that he’s generating content without genuine engagement.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 amgood opening question, town read.
Don’t like this from Quin either. Quin’s far too good a player to fall for this and I’d frankly have expected better.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:29 amEarthrealm is the mundane sphere, the netherrealm is the underworld, the outworld is the great void beyond. Chaos and orderrealm are the realms of competing energies, and Edenia is the blissful state at the nexus of all of them. I've also never played these games and just made that up. What are you going to base your vote off of?

Votes in this poll are not changeable.
Sloonei buys into Kyle’s question and provides valid content - a good look from Sloonei here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 am Kyle is town because "let's go" is the thing he said when his confidence surged post-mafioso lynch as a civilian.

Sloonei is town because he's already trying to facilitate true to form.

Quin is mafia because he called Kyle's question "good" without clarifying why he cared about the question or why it moved him.
While I’m inclined to skepticism of Jay’s read on Kyle, I think his evaluations of Quin and Sloonei are valid however based on the limited content this page.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

I'm on a train rn.
Colorless susbow: tiers are not ordered
S tier:
Made, of course
A tier:
JJJ
Kyle
Quin

B tier:
Speedchuck
Wilgy
C tier:
Eloh
Glorf
Slooni
Jack
Dave
D tier:
Marmot
Nutella
M tier:
Mac
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Reads genuine to me tbh.

KK question time:
JJJ thoughts on Mac?
Slooni thoughts in Nutella?
Mac thoughts on Nutella?
Kyle thoughts on Dave?
Glorf thought on me?
Nutella thoughts on speedchuck?
Speedchuck thoughts Wilgy?
Wilgy current slooni thoughts?

I think this should do. Gonna nap
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Glorfindel »

Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:47 am
Glorf thought on me?

Jury’s still out. I’ve only got to the end of page 2 and I’ve seen nothing from you that gives me anything to hang my hat on either way. Having said that, I just read your reads list - I know it’s only Day 1 but I think you can do better than that... ‘C’ Tier? Get a grip my good fellow!
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:47 am
Reads genuine to me tbh.

KK question time:
JJJ thoughts on Mac?
Slooni thoughts in Nutella?
Mac thoughts on Nutella?
Kyle thoughts on Dave?
Glorf thought on me?
Nutella thoughts on speedchuck?
Speedchuck thoughts Wilgy?
Wilgy current slooni thoughts?

Thoughts on the icky Marmot?

I'm heading off on a climbing trip for today. I'll be back tomorrow for some chatter.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 218
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And also, hullo Glordindel!! Great to see you again.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Glorfindel wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:11 am Page 1 - Key take-aways:
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:25 am New game!!!! Let's go.

i've never played a Mortal Kombat in my life, can anyone who has describe the realms? Are there any associations between realms and certain characters?
I personally didn’t think much of this post from Kyle. To my mind, it looks like an attempt to appear to engage with his fellow players by giving them a task to perform. Subsequent comments in relation to his question makes it appear that he’s generating content without genuine engagement.
Quin wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:26 amgood opening question, town read.
Don’t like this from Quin either. Quin’s far too good a player to fall for this and I’d frankly have expected better.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:29 amEarthrealm is the mundane sphere, the netherrealm is the underworld, the outworld is the great void beyond. Chaos and orderrealm are the realms of competing energies, and Edenia is the blissful state at the nexus of all of them. I've also never played these games and just made that up. What are you going to base your vote off of?

Votes in this poll are not changeable.
Sloonei buys into Kyle’s question and provides valid content - a good look from Sloonei here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 am Kyle is town because "let's go" is the thing he said when his confidence surged post-mafioso lynch as a civilian.

Sloonei is town because he's already trying to facilitate true to form.

Quin is mafia because he called Kyle's question "good" without clarifying why he cared about the question or why it moved him.
While I’m inclined to skepticism of Jay’s read on Kyle, I think his evaluations of Quin and Sloonei are valid however based on the limited content this page.
"fall for this" implies that Kyle is bad. Is Kyle bad, Glorfindel?
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”