[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 58

Re: [DAY 3] Bioshock Mafia

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Goin with Lizzy. Just don't see llama being bad I guess idk.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:I need to get my butt in gear
Mario Andretti couldn't move that thing! :haha:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Mario Lopez could :lorab:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh of course now that I mention Hedge pulled a throwaway vote onto Lizzy everyone starts voting for Lizzy.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Mario Lopez could :lorab:
:|
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Elohcin wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:You make some really neat looking cakes Elo.
Thanks DharmaHelper. You can check out my facebook page - facebook.com/LittleMissCakesNC

I entered a cake decorating contest because my stand mixer broke on me today and the winner of the contest gets a new Kitchen Aid mixer. You can vote for my Dr. Seuss cake by going to the facebook page My Cake Decorating, clicking on Cake Off, and searching for my name "Tasha Brown". Spread the word! :) :) I need new mixer :(
Done! Hope you win. Those Kitchen Aid mixers are awful snazzy.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Post by AceofSpaces »

DH is so smart.

Voting for Bullz because I agree with DH's case.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Elohcin »

Mongoose wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Thanks DharmaHelper. You can check out my facebook page - facebook.com/LittleMissCakesNC

I entered a cake decorating contest because my stand mixer broke on me today and the winner of the contest gets a new Kitchen Aid mixer. You can vote for my Dr. Seuss cake by going to the facebook page My Cake Decorating, clicking on Cake Off, and searching for my name "Tasha Brown". Spread the word! :) :) I need new mixer :(
Thanks so much!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Lizzy »

DharmaHelper wrote:Oh of course now that I mention Hedge pulled a throwaway vote onto Lizzy everyone starts voting for Lizzy.
Yeah, thanks DharmaObamaHelper! :evileye: I have to admit though, this is quite exciting!
Also, finally a decent random.bullshit.analysis! You should do this more often, k.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Nevinera »

DharmaHelper wrote: Nev voted bea and seemed from the onset to want to focus on the late voters for llama, that could be distancing, especially considering that indeed bea does not appear to be in danger of being lynched. It could also be a case of Nev thinking that there are maybe some civvies within the Ace votes and getting attention on them instead of him and possibly his teammates is better than nothing. His vote for Aces was based on Hedge's points, as you can see here he also says that Aces really wasn't all that suspect to him here

At the time of Nev's vote the votes looked like this:
Aces had 2 votes (Hedge, Spag)
BWT had 3 votes (Indiglo, Elo, SpaceDaisy)
Dex had 1 vote (Boomslang)

Nev's vote made it 3-3 between bwt and Aces. Coincidence?
I think it was a typo, but I wanted to focus on the late voters for *aces*, not llama. Though that was a position llama agreed with.
It seems like a fairly obvious logical position to take, especially with how little other actual info we have. The early voters (such as I) are viable as well, as you say, just not as much so as the later ones - early on, coming down on the side of a baddie teammate aligns you with them with little definite gain; later the likelihood that you are swinging the vote is much higher.

The post you linked to is the one where I admitted that I voted for Aces on pretty light feelings, because there is basically no information to vote on. Every single logical person in the game is doing the same thing - without information, choices are basically random. I didn't think anyone would mind me admitting it.

I find your analysis very helpful, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter :-)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh yeah I'm sorry Nev, writing that took alot of effort and time and I probably made a few typos.

ImageImage
ImageImage
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark
Posts in topic: 7

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

Whoa, I've missed a lot. Sorry, I'm about to catch up and see what exactly is going on.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 138

Post by thellama73 »

Elohcin wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

Thanks so much!
I voted for you too, Tasha, even though YOUR HUSBAND GOT ME KILLED! :WTF:

Good luck!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

Thanks so much!
I voted for you too, Tasha, even though YOUR HUSBAND GOT ME KILLED! :WTF:

Good luck!
How many people could say that about their politicians?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote: I voted for you too, Tasha, even though YOUR HUSBAND GOT ME KILLED! :WTF:

Good luck!
How many people could say that about their politicians?
Wow, this thread got really heavy all of a sudden...
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

At work and on my phone. All the llama votes are making me nervious. I still don't get baddie vibes from him though. DB's long post is pretty well put together. I shall follow him and go with bulls.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark

Looking through the past couple days: Vomps and Lizzy are no doubt strange, but they are strange even if they are civs.

Rob's discussion with llama was interesting, but I feel as though they're both civs and just debating for the fun of it, maybe.

Apart from that, the only thing seeming strange to me would be Dex's posts which seem to have little or no relevance. It's possible that maybe he is cursed one way or another.

Despite all this, I really can't call any of the above-mentioned people baddies. Because of this, I'll vote for myself and later see what further discussion occurs between these people.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I am DB Cooper?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

BoatsBoatsBoats wrote:Looking through the past couple days: Vomps and Lizzy are no doubt strange, but they are strange even if they are civs.

Rob's discussion with llama was interesting, but I feel as though they're both civs and just debating for the fun of it, maybe.

Apart from that, the only thing seeming strange to me would be Dex's posts which seem to have little or no relevance. It's possible that maybe he is cursed one way or another.

Despite all this, I really can't call any of the above-mentioned people baddies. Because of this, I'll vote for myself and later see what further discussion occurs between these people.
Another self-voter? What is up with this game?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'm *voting Lizzy*.

But tomorrow I'm looking at Boats. How did he catch up and write all those thoughts in 12 minutes? He has BTSC teammates helping him out for sure.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark

Hedgeowl wrote:
BoatsBoatsBoats wrote:Looking through the past couple days: Vomps and Lizzy are no doubt strange, but they are strange even if they are civs.

Another self-voter? What is up with this game?
I can vote for myself and know that I will not die since I have no other votes instead of jumping on a bandwagon and voting for someone who is likely a civ. I don't think I will do this often, but it gives me time to think about who is good and who is bad without actually judging.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

I was gonna just ignore DH's post about me for now because I wasn't too bothered, but then other people started latching on so I thought I'd address it a bit.
DharmaHelper wrote: Bullz has made a few more posts than boo during D3 but they are equally as chin-scratch worthy. going to rewind a bit to D2 first though here he debates the merits of voting for Dex or Aces, but ultimately decides that voting for Dex would be too risky as he's "trying to grab himself some votes".
As you've just shown, I was unlikely to vote BWT even before he became an obvious candidate. If I'd mentioned BWT as highly suspicious and then voted Aces then I would agree that my vote looked like a save attempt.
Fast forward a bit and here Bullz says that if he really wanted to defend BWT, he would have done so. Because the smartest thing a baddie can do is openly and actively defend a sinking ship instead of covertly and subtly trying to get the votes needed for that teammate to survive.
I would have defended the ship before it started to sink. We've been bad together at least once, you surely know I try to defend my teammates when I can. It has been the death of me a few times.
He also says that he doubts Ace's voters (a group which he is conveniently a part of) made an attempt to save BWT by voting Aces. He states that it is just as likely that Dex voters (whom I will examine later) were trying to save BWT by voting Dex as they were tied or close for a while. Now you see why I rewound back to his D2 vote post where he waffles between voting Dex and voting Aces. Either vote would have been sufficient to save a teammate, by Bullz's own admission, yet the Aces vote carried significantly less risk.
I obviously worded that post wrongly. I meant it might not have only been Aces' voters trying to save BWT, as Dex was close as well so some could have jumped on him. Also voting for someone close to the person you're trying to save but not the closest would surely be a good way to disguise the fact that your vote is a save attempt right?
at the time of Bullz's comment and vote, the poll looked like this:
Aces had 4 votes (Hedgeowl, Spaghetti, Nev, and Boo)
BwT had 5 votes (Indiglo Elo, SD, Epig, Aces)
Dex had 3 votes (Boomslang, Devin, Dex)
So it would make more sense to put a vote on Aces at the time of Bullz's vote.
I see. I couldn't remember if Aces and Dex were tied or not at the time I voted, I thought they had been but apparently not.

Linki Nutella - interesting point about Boats there. Definitely worth a look.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote:I'm *voting Lizzy*.

But tomorrow I'm looking at Boats. How did he catch up and write all those thoughts in 12 minutes? He has BTSC teammates helping him out for sure.
That's a fantastic catch. Wow.
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark

Epignosis wrote:

3-4 pages doesn't take very long to read when you're skimming through the discussions. By all means, vote for me if you feel you must, but I know for a fact that I read through.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Spacedaisy »

I can't ignore Llama's actions in the BWT lynch yesterday. I'm putting my vote there today.

*Votes Llama*
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Spacedaisy »

Seriously? I barely missed the poll ending. That is annoying to no end.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

BoatsBoatsBoats wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

3-4 pages doesn't take very long to read when you're skimming through the discussions. By all means, vote for me if you feel you must, but I know for a fact that I read through.
You read about 140 (3.5x40) posts in twelve minutes (720 seconds)? That's little over five seconds per post, never mind the time it took to write your post.

You didn't read shit.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

^How is this 12 minute figure arrived at?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dang son math done FUCKED YOU UP

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:^How is this 12 minute figure arrived at?
The time between this post:
BoatsBoatsBoats wrote:Whoa, I've missed a lot. Sorry, I'm about to catch up and see what exactly is going on.
and this one:

Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

^Thanks. Obvious really. Sorry for being slow.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Apparently this thread is hungry, because the second half of my post seems to have been eaten... Before the first post I quoted Boats hadn't said anything at all since day 0, so he supposedly read 3 'Days' worth of posts in the space of 12 minutes, which seems very unlikely.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Post coming shortly.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

Very good catch, Nutella. However, are there any civ roles with BTSC? I can't remember.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Considering I pull that crap all the time I'm reluctant to jump on Boats, but I'll keep an eye on him.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 3: Drunken Last Words

thellama73 was sitting on a bar stool in Eve's Garden, drunkenly rambling away. Suddenly, a bunch of Splicers opened the door to the bar. "There he is!" one of them shouted.

"I dotn evne kno what your taklin bout!" thellama73 exclaimed, after having consumed way too much alcohol. The Splicers advanced on him. thellama73 pulled out a grenade and attempted to throw it at them, but unfortunately, his hand-eye coordination skills left much to be desired while drunk, and he exploded.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audio Diary #10: Hector Rodriguez - It's All Grift

thellama73 has been lynched. He was Hector Rodriguez.

It is now Night 3. You have 24 hours to send in your night PMs.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [NIGHT 3] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

The event has begun! :feb:
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Lame result. RIP!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No kidding. Shit.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Lame result. RIP!
Yeah, lame. I'd hoped there was a good chance of him being bad based on his defending BWT. Apparently not.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bullzeye wrote:
Yeah, lame. I'd hoped there was a good chance of him being bad based on his defending BWT. Apparently not.

I sort of had a feeling llama was being railroaded towards the end there. Will have my eye firmly on you in the next lynch though, that's for sure. I will also examine the Dex voters in a later post.

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Thanks for a fun game, everybody!

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I sort of had a feeling llama was being railroaded towards the end there. Will have my eye firmly on you in the next lynch though, that's for sure. I will also examine the Dex voters in a later post.

I responded to your points about me earlier. Did you see it? Also, what do you think of the fact that Ace and Bea used your logic and nothing more to support votes for me?

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Bullzeye wrote:

I had my doubts. I think it was mostly because his defending of BWT was made so clear. I usually think a baddie wouldn't put themselves in the clear so much in that situation, but who knows.

Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:Thanks for a fun game, everybody!
:rip: :( Sorry I doubted you llama! Thanks for leading great discussions!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Post by AceofSpaces »

Bullzeye wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I responded to your points about me earlier. Did you see it? Also, what do you think of the fact that Ace and Bea used your logic and nothing more to support votes for me?

Would you rather I just repeat everything DH said again? If someone makes a case that makes sense, why wouldn't I support it? You're actions during day two were suspicious, and DH pointed it all out very well. I'm not sure where you are going with that.

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

I had my doubts. I think it was mostly because his defending of BWT was made so clear. I usually think a baddie wouldn't put themselves in the clear so much in that situation, but who knows.

I always say the idea that a baddie 'wouldn't do' something is not a great idea because they could then do something just because people would say oh a baddie wouldn't do that he must be civvie. Obviously in this case it doesn't apply though. You were right.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Bullzeye wrote:

"Apparently not" is not a sentence. "Yeah, lame" is not a sentence (thought we might be able to argue about that one). Actually, no we cannot, and I'm not going to tell you why.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bullz I did see your post, I'll address it in a minute. IDK what to think about Aces/Bea jumping on my suspicions. Bea seems, like I said, to be sort of wishy-washy and playing up the whole clueless thing so that is a point against her.
Bullzeye wrote:I was gonna just ignore DH's post about me for now because I wasn't too bothered, but then other people started latching on so I thought I'd address it a bit.
DharmaHelper wrote: Bullz has made a few more posts than boo during D3 but they are equally as chin-scratch worthy. going to rewind a bit to D2 first though here he debates the merits of voting for Dex or Aces, but ultimately decides that voting for Dex would be too risky as he's "trying to grab himself some votes".
As you've just shown, I was unlikely to vote BWT even before he became an obvious candidate. If I'd mentioned BWT as highly suspicious and then voted Aces then I would agree that my vote looked like a save attempt.

Just because you didn't mention BWT doesn't mean you weren't trying to save him, Bullz. Oft times I stay away from bringing up my teammates when bad. Weak defense is weak.
Fast forward a bit and here Bullz says that if he really wanted to defend BWT, he would have done so. Because the smartest thing a baddie can do is openly and actively defend a sinking ship instead of covertly and subtly trying to get the votes needed for that teammate to survive.
I would have defended the ship before it started to sink. We've been bad together at least once, you surely know I try to defend my teammates when I can. It has been the death of me a few times.

I'm sure you would have done anything in your power to help a teammate. Like, you know, tie the vote.
He also says that he doubts Ace's voters (a group which he is conveniently a part of) made an attempt to save BWT by voting Aces. He states that it is just as likely that Dex voters (whom I will examine later) were trying to save BWT by voting Dex as they were tied or close for a while. Now you see why I rewound back to his D2 vote post where he waffles between voting Dex and voting Aces. Either vote would have been sufficient to save a teammate, by Bullz's own admission, yet the Aces vote carried significantly less risk.
I obviously worded that post wrongly. I meant it might not have only been Aces' voters trying to save BWT, as Dex was close as well so some could have jumped on him. Also voting for someone close to the person you're trying to save but not the closest would surely be a good way to disguise the fact that your vote is a save attempt right?

But as you said, voting for Dex in your opinion would have given him an advantage, so giving an opposing baddie an advantage wasn't something I think you would have done.
at the time of Bullz's comment and vote, the poll looked like this:
Aces had 4 votes (Hedgeowl, Spaghetti, Nev, and Boo)
BwT had 5 votes (Indiglo Elo, SD, Epig, Aces)
Dex had 3 votes (Boomslang, Devin, Dex)
So it would make more sense to put a vote on Aces at the time of Bullz's vote.
I see. I couldn't remember if Aces and Dex were tied or not at the time I voted, I thought they had been but apparently not.

Linki Nutella - interesting point about Boats there. Definitely worth a look.
Responses in yellow

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

Would you rather I just repeat everything DH said again? If someone makes a case that makes sense, why wouldn't I support it? You're actions during day two were suspicious, and DH pointed it all out very well. I'm not sure where you are going with that.

I was really pointing more at Bea there, since DH accused her of being wishy-washy and then she acted in exactly that manner. You did the same thing though, so it wouldn't exactly look good if I seemed to be giving you a pass for something I was condemning someone else for.
Epignosis wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

"Apparently not" is not a sentence. "Yeah, lame" is not a sentence (thought we might be able to argue about that one). Actually, no we cannot, and I'm not going to tell you why.

Only if you want to be a grammar nazi about it! :p

Return to “Previous Jobs”