63%

Total votes: 8
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 2

Post by Dom »

Whoo hoo! We are destroying that team!

Again, I apologize for missing the vote. I thought it would take less time than it ended up taking.

Llama, you can suspect me all you'd like, but my civvie-ness is not predicated on FZ's alignment.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

YASSSSS. I am so glad.
I thought there was something odd about FZ saying she knew I would be bad if I said she was on his team!
And I am so glad I was able to escape being lynched. Goodness.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Lizzy »

Hah! Brilliant! It's good to be wrong, but how the hell do I ALWAYS rule out MP's actual teammates from his list? :sigh:
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

Boooo yaaahhh! So glad I went with my gut!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I can't believe we got a second baddie on the second day! Good voting all of you who voted FZ.! Goodbye FZ. I'm sorry I won't get to play more with you but I am so glad we've got two down in the first two days - I don't think I've ever seen this before.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

juliets wrote:I can't believe we got a second baddie on the second day! Good voting all of you who voted FZ.! Goodbye FZ. I'm sorry I won't get to play more with you but I am so glad we've got two down in the first two days - I don't think I've ever seen this before.
Whoa, this game just got uber-interesting!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

Phew I'm glad we got a second Baddie! I was going to vote for either Spacedaisy or FZ today but glad one of my suspicions turned out being bad!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Re: The Hobbit Mafia

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Mongoose wrote:There once was an adventurous hobbit
Who crafted and sang many a sonnet
on a trip did he go
With some friends and a foe
and sang 'em nonstop 'til they cried "Stop It!"
Clearly this should have won the nicknaming contest.

Oh wait.....
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Nice work FZ voters. I've never seen a game start this well before.

Does anyone still agree with me that the bandwagon was a bit odd though?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Nice work FZ voters. I've never seen a game start this well before.

I do agree with you, and was surprised that FZ flipped baddie. Do you suppose the other bad team might have been protecting one of their own? But obvious, if so.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

nice work on all.
thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Nice work FZ voters. I've never seen a game start this well before.

I do agree with you, and was surprised that FZ flipped baddie. Do you suppose the other bad team might have been protecting one of their own? But obvious, if so.
I do find it a bit suspicious how it all went down, but I am not sure where I would look first.
Gro-oo-ovy
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:

I don't exactly get what you mean here - are you referencing the fact that the two baddie teams have the same win conditions (defeat the other baddie team, et al.)?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

I definitely do. It was all crazy back and forth all of a sudden for both FZ and K4J. Keeping my eyes open

Two things that struck me as odd during this lynch were:
a) I felt like the Elohcin thing was kind of random and I'm surprised people voted for her. Just because she randomized? Idk.. Felt weird to me.

B) BWT vote on himself... It just stood out odd as hell to me when there were names out there that deserved suspicion and he voted himself. I saw Bea recently do that when I hosted Pokemon, but she was Indy still so I don't know if that tells me something about BWT being Indy also, or him being bad and not wanting to get his hands dirty. Just rubbed me the wrong way honestly. I didn't see anyone else I believe mention his vote.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:

That could very well be true.

But another possibility I've just realized, Elo placed a vote on k4j when they were tied at 5. Could have also been an attempt at a baddie save?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Okay, sure, but personally I feel I need to talk through every single thought that I'm thinking because that's how I work best to baddie hunt. Question the content or purpose of my posts if you need, but I personally feel everything I'm saying serves some purpose, and what Epig fails to mention is that baddies can be caught in situations where they continuously post and vote things like expressed in his 2a and 2b points. Personally, I'm of the "more discussion = better" camp, and people have every right they want to disagree. Sometimes though, a fellow civvie can help convince you that maybe you were thinking of something the way they were, and that maybe there was some substance to it. Besides, when you're not lying, you have nothing to lose, and I lay it all out there. My baddie game is based on trying to make it seem like my civvie game as much as possible, and my civvie game is defined by expressing every single thing I'm thinking that I feel helps contribute to finding baddies or to help sorting through my thoughts.

My playstyle gets a lot of flak, and I've tried changing it even, but I never will because it's just how I play, even if sometimes the "purpose" of some of my posts is questionable. But you could argue the same of so many other type of posts in the game as well.
If I had been more active at this point, the bolded part probably would have made me throw a vote onto MP. To me, him sitting there and trying to justify what is his "civvie game" and what is his "baddie game" in the middle of a game would have come off as disingenuine to me. I know we've discussed things like this together in person, but I feel it's almost a bit forced here. Almost like he's trying to use this to justify his position.

Also, you tend to post every single thing you're thinking whether you're good or bad. So nice try with that one. :p
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

But another possibility I've just realized, Elo placed a vote on k4j when they were tied at 5. Could have also been an attempt at a baddie save?
To play Devil's Advocate, Elo was also getting some votes by then, so it might have been to ensure she didn't get lynched.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Mongoose wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

To play Devil's Advocate, Elo was also getting some votes by then, so it might have been to ensure she didn't get lynched.
I know this well (she had my vote). But she did not state her reason for the vote. Essentially just a smilie.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I don't exactly get what you mean here - are you referencing the fact that the two baddie teams have the same win conditions (defeat the other baddie team, et al.)?
I was thinking K4J might be on the other goblin team, and the votes piled onto FZ were to protect her.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Boogs wrote:
I definitely do. It was all crazy back and forth all of a sudden for both FZ and K4J. Keeping my eyes open

a) I felt like the Elohcin thing was kind of random and I'm surprised people voted for her. Just because she randomized? Idk.. Felt weird to me.
I did not vote Elo because she randomized. I voted for her because Epig says she's bad and in game after game epig has shown that when he thinks she's good, she's good and when he thinks she's bad, she's bad. I have questioned him intensely on this because it always looked contrived to me (the times he said she was good), a man protecting his wife. But he ultimately convinced me that he knows her so well after 10 years of living with her that he can tell by her mannerisms and how she posts if she's good or bad. I think he was wrong once but he's been consistently right in game after game and I chose to believe him here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

I was thinking K4J might be on the other goblin team, and the votes piled onto FZ were to protect her.
Didn't happen.
I admit the votes coming in at the end looked strange, but they're not baddie friends of mine! I am not a baddie.
Perhaps they wanted it to look like that, or maybe they're not bad. IDK.
Plus, if I was bad, it would be stupid because that kind of outs them as my teammates should I ever go down.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

juliets wrote:
Boogs wrote:

I did not vote Elo because she randomized. I voted for her because Epig says she's bad and in game after game epig has shown that when he thinks she's good, she's good and when he thinks she's bad, she's bad. I have questioned him intensely on this because it always looked contrived to me (the times he said she was good), a man protecting his wife. But he ultimately convinced me that he knows her so well after 10 years of living with her that he can tell by her mannerisms and how she posts if she's good or bad. I think he was wrong once but he's been consistently right in game after game and I chose to believe him here.
Hmmm... Something for me to consider, thanks JC for your explanation
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Night 2 -- The River

Just as the group was about to set up camp (and feeling jubilant about it), they came to a wide flowing river.

"This can't be the Forest River. We can't possibly have marched far enough or be far enough north to cross it already," said Lizzy.

"I think we ought to get to the other side of it before we make camp. We can't afford to waste any daylight," observed birdwithteeth11, correctly. How to do that proved a bit more troublesome, however. Beorn had warned the group not to touch the waters of the Forest, but he had also told them not to leave the path. The path pointed straight down into the water and came out on the other side.

A sturdy branch hung out over the river. "Watch this!" shouted Spacedaisy. She tied a knot in her rope, and with a twirl looped the end of his branch around the tree. She tugged it a few times, and then with a deft flick of her wrist, she pulled down the rope and coiled it loosely again. She taught the rest of the group this trick as well, but some did not have any rope. She bade DFaraday climb unto her back as she attempted to swing across the river, but as she did, the branch creaked alarmingly. It was unable to bear their combined weight.

*Tonight you must decide how to cross the river. If you have brought a rope, you may use it to swing over. If not, you may choose to try to swim across, or to leave the path in search of a place to ford it.*

Those who either forgot a rope are: DFaraday, Vomps, Ninja Blooper, INH, Dom, Epi, Lea, and Snow Dog. Just for reference.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I gotta spend some time on the Eloh thing because I found her defense really compelling, but then I am on board with what Juliets said as well.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I can assure you, that when I went camping this weekend and missed the night poll, we had rope.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Let me go tell FZ she can enjoy her vacation..
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: The Hobbit Mafa [Polls]

Post by Russtifinko »

Who is not as they appear?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:03 pm

A Person
No votes

birdwithteeth11
birdwithteeth11 (15) 3%

Boogs
No votes

Bullzeye
No votes

Captain Bunny Killer
No votes

DFaraday
No votes

DisgruntledPorcupine
No votes

Dom
No votes

Elohcin
Epignosis (8), juliets (14), Metalmarsh89 (20) 10%

Epignosis
fingersplints (29) 3%

Flyin' High
No votes

FZ.
kneel4justice (7), Mongoose (10), Hedgeowl (11), Bullzeye (12), DFaraday (21), Spacedaisy (23), Leamiteo (24), DisgruntledPorcupine (25), reywaS (26) 31%

Hedgeowl
No votes

insertnamehere
A Person (27) 3%

juliets
No votes

kneel4justice
FZ. (4), Turnip Head (5), insertnamehere (6), Captain Bunny Killer (9), Lizzy (19), Elohcin (22) 21%

Kylemii
No votes

Leamiteo
No votes

Lizzy
No votes

Metalmarsh89
Kylemii (18) 3%

Mongoose
thellama73 (13), nijuukyugou (28) 7%

nijuukyugou
No votes

reywaS
No votes

Snow Dog
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

>SpaghettiEverywhere
No votes

thellama73
Vompatti (16) 3%

Turnip Head
No votes

Vompatti
Snow Dog (17) 3%

Whoever forgot the electricity and indoor plumbing (Host/Mod/Dead)
Russtifinko (1), S~V~S (2), MovingPictures07 (3) 10%
Total votes : 29
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I brought a rope! I'm swingin' like a pendulum do!

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Here is tonight's riddle. It is a tough one, I think. I will accept the 'thing' either while living or dead as answers, and I'll probably accept it if you get fairly close.

When this thing lived it's blood was red, it flew above the land;
Now that it's dead it's blood is black and flows out from your hand.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Okay, sure, but personally I feel I need to talk through every single thought that I'm thinking because that's how I work best to baddie hunt. Question the content or purpose of my posts if you need, but I personally feel everything I'm saying serves some purpose, and what Epig fails to mention is that baddies can be caught in situations where they continuously post and vote things like expressed in his 2a and 2b points. Personally, I'm of the "more discussion = better" camp, and people have every right they want to disagree. Sometimes though, a fellow civvie can help convince you that maybe you were thinking of something the way they were, and that maybe there was some substance to it. Besides, when you're not lying, you have nothing to lose, and I lay it all out there. My baddie game is based on trying to make it seem like my civvie game as much as possible, and my civvie game is defined by expressing every single thing I'm thinking that I feel helps contribute to finding baddies or to help sorting through my thoughts.

My playstyle gets a lot of flak, and I've tried changing it even, but I never will because it's just how I play, even if sometimes the "purpose" of some of my posts is questionable. But you could argue the same of so many other type of posts in the game as well.
If I had been more active at this point, the bolded part probably would have made me throw a vote onto MP. To me, him sitting there and trying to justify what is his "civvie game" and what is his "baddie game" in the middle of a game would have come off as disingenuine to me. I know we've discussed things like this together in person, but I feel it's almost a bit forced here. Almost like he's trying to use this to justify his position.

Also, you tend to post every single thing you're thinking whether you're good or bad. So nice try with that one. :p
I cannot believe you're talking to a dead player! omg
Are you afraid to talk to someone who might talk back?!
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

do I have a rope? :noble:
Gro-oo-ovy
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

It don't mean a thing, if you ain't got that swing.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

I chose swing.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

kneel4justice wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Wow, BWT. That's the scummiest scum tactic this side of scum town. You need to wipe the scum off of your face and just admit to being bad. We can all tell.

Also BIH FZ and all that jazz.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Elohcin »

Mongoose wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

This is correct, I voted when FZ and k4j were tied at 5. I thought it was obvious I was trying to save myself. I even posted before that that I would most likely vote to save myself. I didn't find it necessary to repeat myself.
juliets wrote:
Boogs wrote:

This is silly. Epig has been wrong about me several times. And, he always goes after me sometime in the beginning of a game to feel me out...see my reaction.

I brought my rope :D Choosing to swing.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Elohcin »

Oh, and yeeHAW! I can't believe we got two baddies in a row. Good job those who voted FZ. I never would have thought MP would call out his teammate like that. Do y'all think he would have mentioned every one of them or just FZ?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

fingersplints wrote:do I have a rope? :noble:

@ Host - in case you missed this
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

I will search for a way round.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Mongoose, I'm going to be honest- that last post made me go from Whoo to wehrn wehrn wehrn with you.
I've been increasingly wondering about Mongoose as well. I am going to catch up more and reread her while I eat lunch, then I have a massive amount of dishes to do :mad:
Elohcin wrote:After reading back through Mongoose and k4j, I find the suspicions on k4j to be stronger than Mongoose. That is where my vote will most likely go today.
For someone with a incredible "gut pings," you haven't expressed an original suspicion or thought. Not a one. And now you are "increasingly wondering" about Mongoose. How so? In what respect? If you've been "increasingly" wondering, that implies that you had a suspicion of her previously, and that suspicion has continued to fester. Yet you've asked Mongoose nothing and you haven't said anything concrete about her.

But the wind is blowing in kneel4justice's direction, and now you're likely to vote there. :rolleyes:
I always feel a bit nervous in big games. It is almost too much for me to keep up with. I am more of an observant player usually (especially in big games). When I do have a suspicion, however, I tell it. The reason I am waffling here between those who are already suspected is because I don't see any of the suspicions as very strong. But I must vote. So, I go with whatever I see is strongest. With Mongoose, I thought llama was crazy at first when he started suspecting her, but her behavior got increasingly defensive, hence why I was increasingly wondering about her. But, I have acted like that as a civvie before, so it isn't enough for her to get my vote. Doesn't matter too much now anyway as I will most likely be voting to save myself. I am not surprised that Epi is coming after me. He always does at some point in the beginning. It is only to judge my reaction so he can tell if I am bad or not. That is what this is. He is just testing the waters. I don't think you all ought to listen to him.

Good Night....lots of linki.
Ah my darling, that was not the case this time. You see, I don't actually suspect Mongoose. You quoted my post and were ready to vote Mongoose because you were "increasingly wondering" about Mongoose. And I call baloney. :hugs:

You have no suspicion of Mongoose because if you did, you would have articulated it by now. I believe I could have named anyone in that post, and you would have taken the bait. Here's another hug. :hug:

thellama73 wrote:Yes! I knew MP was distancing with someone! You're next, Dom! :feb:
No, Eloh first. She hasn't contributed a single original thought. She tried to get something rolling on Mongoose after I conned her into it (I don't actually suspect Mongoose, as you can see above). Then when people started voting for k4j, she was suddenly interested in voting there. No explanation. No rationale. Just a vote.

Now look at the poll:

Elohcin
Epignosis (8), juliets (14), Metalmarsh89 (20)
10%

FZ.
kneel4justice (7), Mongoose (10), Hedgeowl (11), Bullzeye (12), DFaraday (21), Spacedaisy (23), Leamiteo (24), DisgruntledPorcupine (25), reywaS (26)

kneel4justice
FZ. (4), Turnip Head (5), insertnamehere (6), Captain Bunny Killer (9), Lizzy (19), Elohcin (22)

At the time she voted, Eloh had 3 votes, and FZ. and kneel4justice were tied with 5 each. Stay with me here.

I often vote late- regardless of alignment- just because I like deciding fates, but also because, if I cannot change my vote, I like to be able to save myself if necessary. Eloh voted 16 minutes before the poll ended, with PLENTY of votes left to be cast.

Supposing k4j and FZ. were both civilians, and supposing Eloh is voting to save her skin, then she would vote one of the two leaders (as she did), but there would be an indifference, especially since she has expressed no real suspicion of anybody. We can assume there would be a 50-50 chance of her voting for either. But if she were civilian and trying to save herself, then she would not just have voted- she would have tried to get others to vote for her option. At the time she voted, it was close.

But that isn't what happened. She didn't make a case. Instead, she chose to defend herself only and then she just voted someone she had not breathed a syllable of suspicion about before, putting k4j one vote ahead of FZ. But FZ. was bad news, as we just saw, so if I am correct about Eloh, then the 50-50 thing doesn't necessarily apply.

You know what I think? I don't think Elohcin was voting to save herself.

I think she was voting to save a teammate. :mafia:

Also, in over a third of her posts, she has her tongue sticking out. I did not marry Miley Cyrus. Image
Boogs wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

B) BWT vote on himself... It just stood out odd as hell to me when there were names out there that deserved suspicion and he voted himself. I saw Bea recently do that when I hosted Pokemon, but she was Indy still so I don't know if that tells me something about BWT being Indy also, or him being bad and not wanting to get his hands dirty. Just rubbed me the wrong way honestly. I didn't see anyone else I believe mention his vote.
Wait a minute, Boogs. I called out Elohcin for very specific things- her random vote was not one of them. :eye:
juliets wrote:I can't believe we got a second baddie on the second day! Good voting all of you who voted FZ.! Goodbye FZ. I'm sorry I won't get to play more with you but I am so glad we've got two down in the first two days - I don't think I've ever seen this before.
Let's make it three in a row. Image
Elohcin wrote:Oh, and yeeHAW! I can't believe we got two baddies in a row.
I don't think that word means what you think it means. ;)
Elohcin wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

This is correct, I voted when FZ and k4j were tied at 5. I thought it was obvious I was trying to save myself. I even posted before that that I would most likely vote to save myself. I didn't find it necessary to repeat myself.
:hugs: :hug: Image Image :rolleyes:
Elohcin wrote:I brought my rope :D Choosing to swing.
And swing you shall. :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

insertnamehere wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Wow, BWT. That's the scummiest scum tactic this side of scum town. You need to wipe the scum off of your face and just admit to being bad. We can all tell.

Are you ever going to write a post without the comfort of orange text?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I brought my rope :D Choosing to swing.
And swing you shall. :feb:
:haha:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boogs wrote:Phew I'm glad we got a second Baddie! I was going to vote for either Spacedaisy or FZ today but glad one of my suspicions turned out being bad!
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote: No, Eloh first. She hasn't contributed a single original thought. She tried to get something rolling on Mongoose after I conned her into it (I don't actually suspect Mongoose, as you can see above). Then when people started voting for k4j, she was suddenly interested in voting there. No explanation. No rationale. Just a vote.

Now look at the poll:

Elohcin
Epignosis (8), juliets (14), Metalmarsh89 (20)
10%

FZ.
kneel4justice (7), Mongoose (10), Hedgeowl (11), Bullzeye (12), DFaraday (21), Spacedaisy (23), Leamiteo (24), DisgruntledPorcupine (25), reywaS (26)

kneel4justice
FZ. (4), Turnip Head (5), insertnamehere (6), Captain Bunny Killer (9), Lizzy (19), Elohcin (22)

At the time she voted, Eloh had 3 votes, and FZ. and kneel4justice were tied with 5 each. Stay with me here.

I often vote late- regardless of alignment- just because I like deciding fates, but also because, if I cannot change my vote, I like to be able to save myself if necessary. Eloh voted 16 minutes before the poll ended, with PLENTY of votes left to be cast.

Supposing k4j and FZ. were both civilians, and supposing Eloh is voting to save her skin, then she would vote one of the two leaders (as she did), but there would be an indifference, especially since she has expressed no real suspicion of anybody. We can assume there would be a 50-50 chance of her voting for either. But if she were civilian and trying to save herself, then she would not just have voted- she would have tried to get others to vote for her option. At the time she voted, it was close.

But that isn't what happened. She didn't make a case. Instead, she chose to defend herself only and then she just voted someone she had not breathed a syllable of suspicion about before, putting k4j one vote ahead of FZ. But FZ. was bad news, as we just saw, so if I am correct about Eloh, then the 50-50 thing doesn't necessarily apply.

You know what I think? I don't think Elohcin was voting to save herself.

I think she was voting to save a teammate. :mafia:

Also, in over a third of her posts, she has her tongue sticking out. I did not marry Miley Cyrus. Image
Codswallop

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

@ Epi:

(Man I'm really into playing Devil's Advocate today, but please bear with me because of my conflicted feelings about Eloh)

You mentioned above that you stated "She hasn't contributed a single original thought."

However, If Eloh was indeed on a team (and thus she voted earlier to save/attempt to save a teammate) then wouldn't her teammates be feeding her some original things she could say, if she hasn't found her feet yet in such a large game?

Please let me know if this was not as coherent as I intended. I'm a bit in a rush to make it to yoga on time.

(Eloh, I hope it doesn't make you feel awkward me talking about you when you're in the room, sug).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

kneel4justice wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Are you ever going to write a post without the comfort of orange text?
No....wait yes.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 31

Post by A Person »

caulk the wagon
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by reywaS »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

What would you have said if you were his team mate?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Mongoose wrote:@ Epi:

(Man I'm really into playing Devil's Advocate today, but please bear with me because of my conflicted feelings about Eloh)

You mentioned above that you stated "She hasn't contributed a single original thought."

However, If Eloh was indeed on a team (and thus she voted earlier to save/attempt to save a teammate) then wouldn't her teammates be feeding her some original things she could say, if she hasn't found her feet yet in such a large game?

Please let me know if this was not as coherent as I intended. I'm a bit in a rush to make it to yoga on time.

(Eloh, I hope it doesn't make you feel awkward me talking about you when you're in the room, sug).
If Eloh is on a baddie team, is she not a good enough player to create her own thoughts? Also true for any seasoned mafia player?

Also. :haha: Have fun at yoga.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Elohcin wrote:
juliets wrote:

This is silly. Epig has been wrong about me several times. And, he always goes after me sometime in the beginning of a game to feel me out...see my reaction.

It's not silly. Epig explained the whole thing to me and I was quite a doubter at first. I figured it was more likely there were shenanigans. It was a long conversation because I was convinced that there was no normal way he could be right. He finally convinced me though, and now I'm a believer. I don't know what "several" times means - Epig why don't you clear that up. How many times have you been wrong about Elo? Are you just testing her by voting her early? If I'm wrong about him this time Elo i owe you an apology - I just don't think I am.

I also brought a rope and choose to swing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
juliets wrote:

It's not silly. Epig explained the whole thing to me and I was quite a doubter at first. I figured it was more likely there were shenanigans. It was a long conversation because I was convinced that there was no normal way he could be right. He finally convinced me though, and now I'm a believer. I don't know what "several" times means - Epig why don't you clear that up. How many times have you been wrong about Elo? Are you just testing her by voting her early? If I'm wrong about him this time Elo i owe you an apology - I just don't think I am.

I also brought a rope and choose to swing.
I was wrong once.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Plenty of "swingers" on this forum. :huh:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”