(Host/Mod/Dead)
63%

Total votes: 8
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 3

Post by Lizzy »

CBK, you hit the nail on the head there. I went back and re-read the 'we folk': I'm willing to give Juliets the benefit of the doubt for now given her approach, but will still keep an eye on her. Between Elo and Boogie, while I do see the points raised by Rob about Elo, I don't think they're enough to suggest she's bad. Then there's her defense. I'd be expecting her to be viciously fighting for her life and making people feel like crap for voting for her if she were bad. Boogie on the other hand, comes post factum and conveniently suspects lynched baddies although he never even mentioned their names before. The wood elf drink is again very dubious, but we can't know what it does exactly. Also, why hasn't any of them offered an explanation as to why they claimed a role in the lynches when they haven't voted for any of the culprits? :\

Anyhorse, I'll most likely vote for Boogie.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

juliets wrote:And just as a reminder, he has only been wrong once.
And in that particular instance, wrong about everybody. XD
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:And just as a reminder, he has only been wrong once.
And in that particular instance, wrong about everybody. XD
You were half-right about me. :biggrin:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 31

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

I dont know if I'm feeling a boogs vote OR an Eloh vote. Honestly I'm more inclined to vote someone like vomps on this one. He has done nothing but randomize and not contribute to this at all. I also believe at one point he said that he wont even read the thread until it slows down considerably.

so on that note, I'm going to vote Vompatti for being here and refusing to contribute. no hard feelings voopy.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Hedgeowl »

CBK, your case on Boogs is very interesting and I will have to look back there. I am a little concerned how the votes are going for Elo, with two unexplained votes. However, sticking with my suspicion today. Thank you Juliets for finding Elos post. I agree that I am not sure how that could be construed as sarcastic in the way that Elo meant. Also, while the three of you might have known you had btsc together, the rest of the game did not know or remember from the champions game.

Votes Elo
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

I going to have to cast my vote now. I have plans with a friend today, and I don't want to forget before I walk out the door.

I'm sorry I couldn't contribute to the Elo discussion more. I can only chase one rabbit at a time. ;) And I think that case involves more examination time... that I don't have.

*votes Boogs
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:I dont know if I'm feeling a boogs vote OR an Eloh vote. Honestly I'm more inclined to vote someone like vomps on this one. He has done nothing but randomize and not contribute to this at all. I also believe at one point he said that he wont even read the thread until it slows down considerably.

so on that note, I'm going to vote Vompatti for being here and refusing to contribute. no hard feelings voopy.
Apparently Vomps is a "special player", though I don't really know what that means.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I went ahead and voted Elo for the reasons I've stated before.

@llama I promise I'll give Mongoose a reread today. But tbh, my motivation for it is going down after two people didn't seem to gain anything from it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

Capt. bunny: All I know is I was silenced and couldn't vote by some Wood elf thing. I have no idea if it's to do with Gaelor or Vitner but I did what I was told. The part where you said I never voiced my opinions on SD or FZ until after he was lynched, WHEN did I have time to??? I was silenced Day 2 when evidence and cases were built on FZ so I couldn't post to agree or say I wanted to vote for him. And I didn't make a fake argument up, I was trying to say if someone tries to ask why I didn't vote for either MP or FZ is probably because they will say "I am on his team" . I know we haven't played together before, but my play style isn't really one of those quote 1-20 posts of someone when I post. I give my thoughts and don't post as much as others. I do tend to agree as a follower at times than be leader. I just think you're getting the wrong vibes from me altogether. Sometimes my opinions can be wonky, but I'm not ever afraid to voice what I feel and I think that is what gets people always accusing me of being bad when I am civ. I am not bad.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boogs wrote:Capt. bunny: All I know is I was silenced and couldn't vote by some Wood elf thing. I have no idea if it's to do with Gaelor or Vitner but I did what I was told. The part where you said I never voiced my opinions on SD or FZ until after he was lynched, WHEN did I have time to??? I was silenced Day 2 when evidence and cases were built on FZ so I couldn't post to agree or say I wanted to vote for him. And I didn't make a fake argument up, I was trying to say if someone tries to ask why I didn't vote for either MP or FZ is probably because they will say "I am on his team" . I know we haven't played together before, but my play style isn't really one of those quote 1-20 posts of someone when I post. I give my thoughts and don't post as much as others. I do tend to agree as a follower at times than be leader. I just think you're getting the wrong vibes from me altogether. Sometimes my opinions can be wonky, but I'm not ever afraid to voice what I feel and I think that is what gets people always accusing me of being bad when I am civ. I am not bad.
If you had no idea which one it was, why did you tell us it was the elven drink?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Vompatti »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:I dont know if I'm feeling a boogs vote OR an Eloh vote. Honestly I'm more inclined to vote someone like vomps on this one. He has done nothing but randomize and not contribute to this at all. I also believe at one point he said that he wont even read the thread until it slows down considerably.

Apparently Vomps is a "special player", though I don't really know what that means.
1. Surpassing what is common or usual; exceptional: a special occasion; a special treat.
2. a. Distinct among others of a kind: a special type of paint; a special medication for arthritis.
5. Regarded with particular affection and admiration: a special friend.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Boogs »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Boogs wrote:Capt. bunny: All I know is I was silenced and couldn't vote by some Wood elf thing. I have no idea if it's to do with Gaelor or Vitner but I did what I was told. The part where you said I never voiced my opinions on SD or FZ until after he was lynched, WHEN did I have time to??? I was silenced Day 2 when evidence and cases were built on FZ so I couldn't post to agree or say I wanted to vote for him. And I didn't make a fake argument up, I was trying to say if someone tries to ask why I didn't vote for either MP or FZ is probably because they will say "I am on his team" . I know we haven't played together before, but my play style isn't really one of those quote 1-20 posts of someone when I post. I give my thoughts and don't post as much as others. I do tend to agree as a follower at times than be leader. I just think you're getting the wrong vibes from me altogether. Sometimes my opinions can be wonky, but I'm not ever afraid to voice what I feel and I think that is what gets people always accusing me of being bad when I am civ. I am not bad.
If you had no idea which one it was, why did you tell us it was the elven drink?
Because I was told I was drunk and couldn't vote or talk. Geesh. I can't copy and paste PMs for crying out loud. Can I paraphrase?
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Snow Dog wrote:
Boogs wrote:I have a quick second to check in luckily. Okay, so because I decided to try Elohcin over Spacedaisy even though I said I suspect her as well, that makes me bad today? Interesting. Also, if the people who voted on me suspect me as bad, are you suggesting I am on the same Goblin team as MP? That's funny if so. I don't see how me voting second in the poll automatically diverts attention from players who have been talked about the past week and onto me all of a sudden because I choose to vote someone else based on good thread evidence Epignosis and others have made about Elohcin. I have waited on Daisy because I found her argument something to consider about why she would have helped get rid of 2 teammates (MP and FZ) when she would now be alone with just 1 person. I think when I first assumed after Day 1's result, it felt like that was what Mp was doing by throwing her under. But then with FZ gone also, it does make me original idea fade and not logical. That is why I am trying Elohcin today, I am considering again Daisy and Mongoose possibly being bad teammates like K4J is trying to say and I'm not sure if Elohcin is on that team or MP's.

This "Boogs bandwagon" Vompattii stated he jumped on pings me some about him also when Epignosis and I are the only ones who had voted and it feels he is trying to start one.
Well he voted Llama the first time because Llama voted Mongoose. What's up with that? Usual Wombat behaviour or a smokescreen?
It's just that I have a feeling Mongoose is good and Llama is trying to make her look bad which would mean that Llama is probably bad k
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

^ I klwnmnow tah t feel (of being tlold IäM durnk) . :wine:

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

1. Surpassing what is common or usual; exceptional: a special occasion; a special treat.
2. a. Distinct among others of a kind: a special type of paint; a special medication for arthritis.
You're a 5 to me <33333
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

You're a 5 to me <33333
lol u too haha xD :hugs:

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

You're a 5 to me <33333
:hugs:

I meant out of ten :|
;)
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Apparently Vomps is a "special player", though I don't really know what that means.
You're a 5 to me <33333
:hugs:

I meant out of ten :|
;)
oih :(

You may embed only 5 quotes within each other.

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boogs wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Because I was told I was drunk and couldn't vote or talk. Geesh. I can't copy and paste PMs for crying out loud. Can I paraphrase?
I was actually surprised you could tell us as much as you did in the first place.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

I hear you Boogs but it seems like this.
To possibly gain civvie cred you decided to pretend not to be able to speak or vote. Alas you misread the roles and chose the vintner instead of the gaoler. Anyhow for whatever reason it seems you got the roles confused.

The only other alternative is that our host made an error or that the vintner can duplicate the gaoler effects. But to me that seems unlikely. Two powers the same in one team?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

Wow, looks like Eloh is a gonner unless things go south fast for Boogs. So I'm left with this dilemma: vote for someone who I'm wish-washy about and achieve nothing, or join a bandwagon and see what happens. :shrug:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Leamiteo wrote:Wow, looks like Eloh is a gonner unless things go south fast for Boogs. So I'm left with this dilemma: vote for someone who I'm wish-washy about and achieve nothing, or join a bandwagon and see what happens. :shrug:
Or vote for who you actually think is bad regardless of the other votes. That's what I did.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 19

Post by DFaraday »

I don't know, Boogs is reading civvie to me. I think he was probably honest in trying to tell us what happened.

I do think the earlier points about Elo are on to something, so I will vote her.

*Votes Elohcin*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Snow Dog wrote:I hear you Boogs but it seems like this.
To possibly gain civvie cred you decided to pretend not to be able to speak or vote. Alas you misread the roles and chose the vintner instead of the gaoler. Anyhow for whatever reason it seems you got the roles confused.

The only other alternative is that our host made an error or that the vintner can duplicate the gaoler effects. But to me that seems unlikely. Two powers the same in one team?
On one hand, we know what happens to someone who is jailed. On the other hand, we don't know what happens if someone is offered a drink from the vintner. Not only that, but they have the option to refuse. These roles seem pretty different to me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Snow Dog, are you implying that Boogs is lying about being silenced yesterday? Why do you think he would do this?

Epi and Juliets, what do you guys make of Boogs? I'm not seeing the case on him so far myself. It seems to be based on the fact that Boogs is lying about what happened to him on Day 2, and that no one believes he is genuinely confused, and that his suspicion of MP and FZ is disingenuous. Which I think are all just the wrong way to read Boogs' posts so far.

As for Elo... Epi has only been wrong about her once, and in that game he thought she was good but she was bad. He's never actually called Elo out as a baddie in any game that I've played with the both of them, EXCEPT for the Viral Videos game on Rev. In that game, Epi said Elo was bad, but later explained that he thought she was civ and only called her out to see who would bite. I am not seeing that same sort of hidden agenda in Epi's case on her here, which makes me think he really does suspect her. And yet, I don't feel as strongly about Elo as I would expect to. I think I need a little more time to watch her behavior before feeling sold one way or the other about her.

Snow Dog's vote from yesterday stands out to me:
Snow Dog wrote:I think I suspect Elochin and Mongoose most but I might suck it and see and chuck a vote on k4j .
Snow Dog did not show any suspicions towards k4j until Snow Dog abandoned his top two suspects - both of whom had votes - to "chuck a vote" onto k4j. But then, 11 minutes later, Snow Dog says:
Snow Dog wrote:I just randomised the llama voters and got the wombat.
At the time of Snow Dog's throwaway vote for Vompatti, FZ and k4j were tied at 4 votes apiece, Elo had 2, and Mongoose had 1. There were a few quick random votes in between Snow Dog's first post and his vote post 11 minutes later... I think Snow Dog tried to blend in with the BWT's self-vote and Vomp's "defend Mongoose via randomization" vote. I think Snow Dog wanted to avoid accountability.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

My gut tells me Boogs made an honest mistake in explaining what happened to him. Maybe I'm wrong, and it's a sharp catch by Snowy, but I'm not feeling it, personally. I am more distrustful of Eloh at this point.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:
At the time of Snow Dog's throwaway vote for Vompatti, FZ and k4j were tied at 4 votes apiece, Elo had 2, and Mongoose had 1. There were a few quick random votes in between Snow Dog's first post and his vote post 11 minutes later... I think Snow Dog tried to blend in with the BWT's self-vote and Vomp's "defend Mongoose via randomization" vote. I think Snow Dog wanted to avoid accountability.
Snowy was just trying to defend me from Vomps' baseless attacks because he is my friend.

:hugs: Snowy!

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I'm not at all happy with this confusion about Boogs.

votes Boogs.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Snowy was just trying to defend me from Vomps' baseless attacks because he is my friend.

:hugs: Snowy!
Damn straight!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Turnip Head wrote:Snow Dog, are you implying that Boogs is lying about being silenced yesterday? Why do you think he would do this?

Epi and Juliets, what do you guys make of Boogs? I'm not seeing the case on him so far myself. It seems to be based on the fact that Boogs is lying about what happened to him on Day 2, and that no one believes he is genuinely confused, and that his suspicion of MP and FZ is disingenuous. Which I think are all just the wrong way to read Boogs' posts so far.

As for Elo... Epi has only been wrong about her once, and in that game he thought she was good but she was bad. He's never actually called Elo out as a baddie in any game that I've played with the both of them, EXCEPT for the Viral Videos game on Rev. In that game, Epi said Elo was bad, but later explained that he thought she was civ and only called her out to see who would bite. I am not seeing that same sort of hidden agenda in Epi's case on her here, which makes me think he really does suspect her. And yet, I don't feel as strongly about Elo as I would expect to. I think I need a little more time to watch her behavior before feeling sold one way or the other about her.

Snow Dog's vote from yesterday stands out to me:
Snow Dog wrote:I think I suspect Elochin and Mongoose most but I might suck it and see and chuck a vote on k4j .
Snow Dog did not show any suspicions towards k4j until Snow Dog abandoned his top two suspects - both of whom had votes - to "chuck a vote" onto k4j. But then, 11 minutes later, Snow Dog says:
It's a tough life trying to pick the right vote, especially when things are tied up. Still, I think you raise a good point here TH. That's and odd action to state your suspicions (speaking of Snow Dog) and follow it up with a random vote somewhere else. Based on Vomp's vote just before his, it looks more like an OMGUS vote instead of a real random vote too.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Leamiteo
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Leamiteo »

Good point llama. I have to vote NOW, so I'll go ahead and go with the first suspicion I looked into before I started getting drawn in too many directions, TH.

*votes*
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

thellama73 wrote:I'm voting Mongoose now. I've asked repeatedly for people to read her and give opinions but no one will, and that in itself seems fishy as a Moroccan bazaar to me.
For the record, good sir, I voted along with you last time. I believe I will vote the same again:

a) to prove that someone IS listening to you, llama, and that someone else finds Mongoose a bit fishy after reading, re-reading, and re-re-reading, for essentially the same reasons you've stated over and over again (over-defensiveness, being wishy-washy, etc). I won't re-hash the details since they've been repeated to what seems no avail for you.

b) to avoid voting for Elo, who doesn't seem suspicious even after a re-read. Sure, Epi's been right about wifey in the past, but he's also been wrong. Very, very wrong, even at his own admitting. I don't think relying on his gut (and by so many people, who seem to repeat the same "logic" in their reasoning) is necessarily right. Who's to say that he's not on either a rival goblin team, or an Indy? I find this bandwagon to be fishier than Elo's posts.

c) to avoid voting for Boogs. I feel like I can only keep track of a few people at a time in such a huuuuuuge game, and Boogs is not someone who has caught my eye yet. I don't really have a great reason for this except, like I just said, I can only keep track of a few at a time, and right now it's llama, Mongoose, Epi, and Eloh. Once again, I don't want to be responsible for a tie/tie breaker just by voting someone I'm not even sure about.

So, voting Mongoose.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I like you, Blooper. You're a straight shooter.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

nijuukyugou wrote:Who's to say that he's [Epi] not on either a rival goblin team, or an Indy? I find this bandwagon to be fishier than Elo's posts.
Crap, forgot to edit before hitting submit - rival goblin team, or an Indy if he turns out to be right. Need food. Brain not working.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Interesting that Snow Dog only replies to Llama's defense of him, and not to the post I originally made about him which llama is commenting on. Vompatti was literally the only person to vote for llama, and probably the only player who had even expressed suspicion of Llama. Llama needed no saving, no defending, and I would argue that Snow Dog should have known that. That was not the reason Snow Dog should have thrown away his vote, when he seemed to have solid, relevant suspects (Elo and Mongoose) and also seemed briefly to have an itch to "chuck a vote" onto k4j.

Who else tried to buddy up to you, Logan, and got caught red-handed?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote: Who else tried to buddy up to you, Logan, and got caught red-handed?
Yeah, but Snow Dog is an honest Welshman, whereas MP would as soon tell a monstrous lie as look at you. It's an important distinction.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Still a lot of missing votes for a poll that closes in a half hour.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Epi and Juliets, what do you guys make of Boogs? I'm not seeing the case on him so far myself. It seems to be based on the fact that Boogs is lying about what happened to him on Day 2, and that no one believes he is genuinely confused, and that his suspicion of MP and FZ is disingenuous. Which I think are all just the wrong way to read Boogs' posts so far.
If Boogs gets lynched (after today), I won't fuss.
Turnip Head wrote: I think Snow Dog wanted to avoid accountability.
I was going to say something at the time, but I took a breath and thought about it: To me it seemed like he was voting under coercion.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nijuukyugou wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm voting Mongoose now. I've asked repeatedly for people to read her and give opinions but no one will, and that in itself seems fishy as a Moroccan bazaar to me.
For the record, good sir, I voted along with you last time. I believe I will vote the same again:

a) to prove that someone IS listening to you, llama, and that someone else finds Mongoose a bit fishy after reading, re-reading, and re-re-reading, for essentially the same reasons you've stated over and over again (over-defensiveness, being wishy-washy, etc). I won't re-hash the details since they've been repeated to what seems no avail for you.
So that makes two people who think that Mongoose is acting baddieish (llama and nijuuk) and two people who see nothing special in her read (TH and juliets). I've gotten no bad vibes from these four players yet, so I'm still not sure what to make of this. I also noticed that Epi is/was feeling "wehrn wehrn wehrn" about Mongoose. Oh and Elo tried to make a case on Mongoose, but I already believe she (Elo) is bad.
nijuukyugou wrote:b) to avoid voting for Elo, who doesn't seem suspicious even after a re-read. Sure, Epi's been right about wifey in the past, but he's also been wrong. Very, very wrong, even at his own admitting. I don't think relying on his gut (and by so many people, who seem to repeat the same "logic" in their reasoning) is necessarily right. Who's to say that he's not on either a rival goblin team, or an Indy? I find this bandwagon to be fishier than Elo's posts.
I'll go ahead and restate my reason for voting Elo. For one thing, I don't like to trust other people's instincts of other because they can easily be manipulated based on their alignment. But I do not think Epi is bad because of how aggressive he has been. Or I should say that I do not think he is part of the Moria Goblin tribe. Having their member total cut in half, I would expect them to lie low rather than go balls to the wall (I hope I am not wrong here). And the reason I suspect Elo is mainly her actions in the lynching of FZ. Epi put it rather eloquently in this post. I would expect others to find this something other than a mere coincidence.
Epignosis wrote:No, Eloh first. She hasn't contributed a single original thought. She tried to get something rolling on Mongoose after I conned her into it (I don't actually suspect Mongoose, as you can see above). Then when people started voting for k4j, she was suddenly interested in voting there. No explanation. No rationale. Just a vote.

Now look at the poll:

Elohcin
Epignosis (8), juliets (14), Metalmarsh89 (20)
10%

FZ.
kneel4justice (7), Mongoose (10), Hedgeowl (11), Bullzeye (12), DFaraday (21), Spacedaisy (23), Leamiteo (24), DisgruntledPorcupine (25), reywaS (26)

kneel4justice
FZ. (4), Turnip Head (5), insertnamehere (6), Captain Bunny Killer (9), Lizzy (19), Elohcin (22)

At the time she voted, Eloh had 3 votes, and FZ. and kneel4justice were tied with 5 each. Stay with me here.

I often vote late- regardless of alignment- just because I like deciding fates, but also because, if I cannot change my vote, I like to be able to save myself if necessary. Eloh voted 16 minutes before the poll ended, with PLENTY of votes left to be cast.

Supposing k4j and FZ. were both civilians, and supposing Eloh is voting to save her skin, then she would vote one of the two leaders (as she did), but there would be an indifference, especially since she has expressed no real suspicion of anybody. We can assume there would be a 50-50 chance of her voting for either. But if she were civilian and trying to save herself, then she would not just have voted- she would have tried to get others to vote for her option. At the time she voted, it was close.

But that isn't what happened. She didn't make a case. Instead, she chose to defend herself only and then she just voted someone she had not breathed a syllable of suspicion about before, putting k4j one vote ahead of FZ. But FZ. was bad news, as we just saw, so if I am correct about Eloh, then the 50-50 thing doesn't necessarily apply.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I will likely be voting one of my bigger suspects, Daisy or Snow Dog, but I'm looking at the votes to see if I need to save Boogs by voting Elo. I do not feel comfortable with the suspicion on Boogs so far.

Linki: Hmm, good point about his vote possibly being forced yesterday, Epi.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:b) to avoid voting for Elo, who doesn't seem suspicious even after a re-read. Sure, Epi's been right about wifey in the past, but he's also been wrong. Very, very wrong, even at his own admitting. I don't think relying on his gut (and by so many people, who seem to repeat the same "logic" in their reasoning) is necessarily right. Who's to say that he's not on either a rival goblin team, or an Indy? I find this bandwagon to be fishier than Elo's posts.
I'll go ahead and restate my reason for voting Elo. For one thing, I don't like to trust other people's instincts of other because they can easily be manipulated based on their alignment. But I do not think Epi is bad because of how aggressive he has been. Or I should say that I do not think he is part of the Moria Goblin tribe. Having their member total cut in half, I would expect them to lie low rather than go balls to the wall (I hope I am not wrong here). And the reason I suspect Elo is mainly her actions in the lynching of FZ. Epi put it rather eloquently in this post. I would expect others to find this something other than a mere coincidence.
Fair enough. Thanks for your explanation/reply! This lynch should be interesting and revealing one way or another.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nijuukyugou wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Fair enough. Thanks for your explanation/reply! This lynch should be interesting and revealing one way or another.
You're just secretly hoping I'm wrong, aren't you? :ohyeah:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Okay, I voted for Elo. I was hoping we'd get to hear from her a little more since she has so many votes, and I'm not sure what her silence tells me. That said, I do put a lot of stock in Epi's opinion on her, and I haven't seen much from Elo to make me think he's wrong this time.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And she has posted (though not voted) today. She's had the opportunity.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote:Epi and Juliets, what do you guys make of Boogs? I'm not seeing the case on him so far myself. It seems to be based on the fact that Boogs is lying about what happened to him on Day 2, and that no one believes he is genuinely confused, and that his suspicion of MP and FZ is disingenuous. Which I think are all just the wrong way to read Boogs' posts so far.
TH, taking a look at Boog's posts the only thing i see is the issue of the vintner silencing him and not allowing him to vote. (I do believe it was the vintner because he keeps repeating the part about the drink throughout his posts). On the one hand, since vintner has secrets I can see how the consequences of drinking with him could be a rotating group of things - silencing, insanifying, making his vote no good, etc. In addition, if someone else had been the victim of the vintner instead of Boogs wouldn't they have spoken up by now? Or, I could be mistaken and it's the other wood elf who targeted him and that's why he was silenced and didn't vote. I'm not sure I get what he would gain by pretending - there isn't even civ cred because he could just be someone on the other team or Smaug who got targeted. I guess what it all boils down to is I just feel like there are several things I want to look into before i would be comfortable voting for him. Doesn't mean I think he's good - there are just parts of this I want to look into.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Day 3 -- Rain

That afternoon, the rain started to fall.

At this point, the looming trees were so dense and thick that no water fell, even on the path. The group could only tell the change in weather by the rumble of thunder over their heads, and by a slight greying of the already murky light.

The stormclouds overhead mirrored those in the groups' minds. All were wary of each other, and many were even leery of their own instincts. The unsurety manifested itself in subdued conversations and in late votes.

Eventually, though, the votes were tallied. One name echoed around the group as they stood, huddled in a loose circle, at day's end. The chosen stepped back and tried to run as the group advanced. Above, a flash so bright it could be seen from the trees was seen, and a sharp crack echoed above. Before anyone could so much as shout, a large branch toppled on Elohcin, squashing her flat.

The company noticed that the soles of her feet, pointing toward them, were a covered in white fur, and her toes were topped by claw's they had never noticed before.

Elohcin has been lynched. She was Bolg's Warg.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Night 4 -- Off the Path

That night, as they were camping, the group saw a light off in the distance. Curious, Captain Bunny Killer, who was standing watch, took a few steps forward. Ninja Blooper, who had also drawn guard duty, said, "Stop! Beorn told us not to leave the path!".

CBK paid no heed, though, and stepped off into the woods. Almost immediately, she was swallowed up by darkness.

Ninja Blooper, unsure of what to do, peered at the spot where her fellow sentry had disappeared. She cried out CBK's name hesitantly, but got no response. Eventually she roused the others, and it was decided that the entire group would go in after her.

As they stepped into the woods, the group heard flutes, and singing. They smelled a roast on the fire, and after days of camp food, that smell more than anything else drove them onward.

When they entered the circle of trees, they were greeted by a regal, elven figure, who greeted them, "Welcome. I know that your journey has been hard. Come, enjoy the roast with us, drink our wine. We will dance here to celebrate the bounty of the forest."

Many in the group, though reluctant to refuse hospitality, were heedful of Beorn's advice not to eat or drink that which grew in the forest. Others, however, had not packed enough food or water. These were hungry and thirsty, weak and weary, and the elf's offer seemed almost to good to be true.

Those of you who forgot to pack food or drink (check the Night 1 poll if you're not sure), must decide whether to eat or drink with the elf. Others will vote to refuse his offering and vote "No" in the poll for tonight.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Tonight's riddle:

Measured with hands,
But has no shape.
Flies, runs, and stands still, but has no wings or legs.
More valuable than gold, but can't be bought,
and there is never enough of it when it's needed.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Yes!

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Epignosis wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
You're just secretly hoping I'm wrong, aren't you? :ohyeah:
I'm glad and mad you weren't! Good job!

Return to “Previous Jobs”