Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Night 8

Post by Kylemii »

stealth is always the best option B)
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

Good catch. Epi you are awesome this game.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I'm pretty sure I was a rogue in another life, so I'm all for anything involving sneaking. Stealth is always the best idea.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I would also rather sneak around the mountain.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

Front door to confront the dragon :srsnod:
Gro-oo-ovy
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 42
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Yay! Awesome result! Bye bye TH!

I picked sneaky last time, so I'll change it up with going through the front door.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

fingersplints wrote:Front door to confront the dragon :srsnod:
I wouldn't mind confronting a dragon if you know what I mean.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Bullzeye »

Good call on TH! Still don't think my vote was necessarily in the wrong place though. I'm gonna vote to sneak again, meeting a dragon head on doesn't seem like the best idea...
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Hedgeowl »

Didnt going in the back not turn out well in the other poll?

I think the main entrance is the way to go this time sans our burgler.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I voted ass.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

I also voted to go in the front, because it seems only polite.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I was out late last night and haven't had a chance to comment fully on TH's lynch yet, so I'll do so now.
I am sincerely ashamed I have been such a poor judge of character this game, but I am glad Rob is at least on the ball. I will have to start trusting his instincts more. This dosnn't necessarily make Snow Dog good though.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

I was for the main gate when we faced the local authorities, but walking right in on Smaugh seems reckless. So I voted the back way.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by insertnamehere »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Front door to confront the dragon :srsnod:
I wouldn't mind confronting a dragon if you know what I mean.
No, I don't. Please enlighten me.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Night 8 -- Up the Mountainside (Finally)

The group decided to go around the back way, fearing that Smaug would come back from his rampage to the south during the Night. They picked their way laboriously across an ill-marked trail that wended up the mountain. It was lined with jagged stones, which the group was at points forced to hang onto to stay on the mountainside. They swung out over empty space, one by one, to cross a point where boulders had fallen and blocked the path.

The company of adventurers had been right about Smaug. The sun had long ago fallen behind the Mountain, and it had just become quite dark, when the beast flew back, triumphant. He sped toward the front of the mountain like a dart, wings tucked back, and failed to notice the group at all! He flew right by them.

However, he did so just as CBK had swung out over the ledge, Smaug roared with exhilaration, still feeling the thrill of having burnt something to ashes for the first time in decades. He spewed fire in a huge trail ahead of him, and CBK's shock was so great that she fell of the ledge with a loud cry! Luckily for the company. Smaug's voice was so terrible that it completely drowned out CBK's yell, but that did not help her any. She dashed against the rocks and fell dead.

When the ledge widened a bit, the group decided to camp for the night, fireless, to avoid Smaug's notice. They knew they were exposed on the sheer mountain face, and did not want to risk drawing attention to themselves. They were still well-supplied with jerky, hardcakes, and tough but chewable roots from Lake-Town, so they ate well. Soon many of them drifted off.

Later in the night, Bolg arose quietly. Tiptoeing over to Hedgeowl's sleeping bag, he pulled out a long knife, and stabbed her before she could even cry out. The group members who were awake saw and heard nothing in the darkness, and they only realized what had happened when they awoke in the morning and saw Hedgie's body surrounded by feathers from her sleeping bag.

Captain Bunny Killer has been killed by Smaug.
Hedgeowl has been killed by the Moria Goblins.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Captain Bunny Killer
The Mark
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Captain Bunny Killer »

Now I can say this normally. Curse you, Smaug!!! :(
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

RIPIYWG you two
Gro-oo-ovy
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Day 9 -- The Back Door

The group set out and made camp the next day after hiding Hedge's body. They did not want to risk it being seen by Smaug, as they believed themselves undetected so far. They promised themselves that they would return if they somehow managed to defeat the dragon and give Hedgie a proper burial. They could do nothing about CBK's body, since it had fallen so far down the mountain, but they hoped fervently that it, too, would be missed.

It did not take long for them to reach the end of the path, which consisted of a ledge as wide as 15 fat dwarves and a sheer rock wall. They were only a few hundred feet from the top of the Mountain. They were proud of themselves for having come so far, and for remembering to pull the key and map from Vompatti's body after he had been lynched. They spent all morning looking for the key-hole, but to no avail. Kylemii 2.0 turned the map upside down, trying to read the runes drawn under the hand that had pointed them here. "Hey guys, this says something about the answer being unlocked on Night 9! Should we just wait until dusk?"

It was agreed, though some were irked by the idea of sitting on the ledge all day, hoping that the dragon would not come out again, only to get a chance to open a door that wasn't there, in order to get into the mountain occupied by the most fearsome beast in the East, whom they could not fight nor steal from, not without a burglar anyway. They grumbled, but set about the task of hiding themselves as best they could without making too much noise. This had the added benefit of getting them partially out of the way of the sun which was streaming down. Then, to pass the time, they started to discuss who would go next.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 9

Post by Russtifinko »

So your host made a minor error and neglected to post the poll from last night. Hopefully no one minds too much. Downside of working too fast. Anyway, I can try to reconstruct it if anyone deems it necessary. You can let me know by PM or in thread.

Everything else should be set for Day 9!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:So your host made a minor error and neglected to post the poll from last night. Hopefully no one minds too much. Downside of working too fast. Anyway, I can try to reconstruct it if anyone deems it necessary. You can let me know by PM or in thread.

Everything else should be set for Day 9!
Who could have done such a thing?

Poll ended at Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:04 pm

Take the main road to the main door.
Epignosis (3), thellama73 (7), fingersplints (11), nijuukyugou (12), insertnamehere (14), Hedgeowl (15)
35%

Sneak around the backside of the Mountain.
Dom (4), kneel4justice (5), Kylemii (6), birdwithteeth11 (9), juliets (10), Bullzeye (13), Snow Dog (16), Captain Bunny Killer (17)
47%

Hitch a ride on an eagle. (Host/Mod/Dead)
Russtifinko (1), MovingPictures07 (2), S~V~S (8)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I said I was safe from a NK didn't I? RIP CBK I thought you were civ. Hedgie not so sure but RIP anyway.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

RIPIYWG Hedge and CDK. I didn't have much of a read on either of you though I slightly leaned civ on CBK.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Spacedaisy »

I was pretty confident in CBK's civ alignment, and she is my sister so I am sad to see Smaug kill her.

I must explain my drive by vote. I was at work and had to cast my vote quickly so I unfortunately had no time to explain. When I saw the two people in serious contention I felt most confident voting for Turnip Head because his argument for me being on MP and FZ's team seemed like the biggest stretch I have heard in a while considering how my vote landed in FZ's lynch. He was too good a player to suggest that if he were good.

I apologize for not being as engaged. I was gone for a couple days and when I came back my store was a disaster. It is too much stress for not nearly enough pay if you ask me. Even now it is my day off and I am feeling anxious about what is going on in my store today because I don't have a competent manager to cover my days off. But I can't be expected to be there all day every day. Meh.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 223

Post by kneel4justice »

RIPIYWG.
I see Morias got mad at Hedge for suggesting they were dead.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

So I did a bit of vote analysis in an attempt to be more objective since my gut has been wrong all game. I'm going to assume that there is at least one goblin among the Snow Dog voters trying to save TH. Looking at the voting records of those people, the worst one (apart from me! Ha!) is Bullzeye.
Snow Dog, FZ, Missed Vote, Mongoose , Mongoose, Vompatti, A Person, Snow Dog.

He's gotten next to no scrutiny all game, and I think it's interesting that he defended Boogs so hard after most of the Moria Goblins were dead. A baddie could do that and be (almost) sure that they were defending a civilian, which would make them look good. Before the demise of the Moria Goblins, he was much less adamant about anything.

Bullz will be getting my attention today.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:RIPIYWG.
Nope.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote:
Nope.
I guess I missed something. :huh:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nope.
Kylemii was the first Moria victim. Day 2.

There has not been a single Moria kill since until now. It was even suggested that we were done with the Moria Goblins. That last kill proves that this is not so. Ironic?

I think so. Kylemii replaced A Person. A Person misses votes and PMs. This time, he even had hardware trouble. Kylemii replaces in...boom...Moria Goblins kill.

I mean, I nearly died laughing about these two posts, which were mere minutes apart:
kneel4justice wrote:if I am a baddie I am going to play on the, I've got to see/I haven't had the chance to really see card.
Kylemii wrote:thank you llama for the summary :)

that said i'm not sure i'm caught up enough to make an educated choice on this yet. i'll make an effort to catch up this weekend but for now... i'm going to self vote
++++

Do we want to lynch the last member of the Moria Goblins before a Night he cannot kill? Or save him for the next lynch?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nope.

There has not been a single Moria kill since until now. It was even suggested that we were done with the Moria Goblins. That last kill proves that this is not so. Ironic?

I think so. Kylemii replaced A Person. A Person misses votes and PMs. This time, he even had hardware trouble. Kylemii replaces in...boom...Moria Goblins kill.

I mean, I nearly died laughing about these two posts, which were mere minutes apart:
kneel4justice wrote:if I am a baddie I am going to play on the, I've got to see/I haven't had the chance to really see card.

that said i'm not sure i'm caught up enough to make an educated choice on this yet. i'll make an effort to catch up this weekend but for now... i'm going to self vote
++++

Do we want to lynch the last member of the Moria Goblins before a Night he cannot kill? Or save him for the next lynch?
Lmao. I didn't even notice that.
I see what you're saying.
I don't think I have a preference for today or tomorrow. Although, if there is some way Kylemii can survive the lynch, an item or role (I forget which baddie team it is?) it might be best to target this day rather than wait?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nope.

++++

I don't think I have a preference for today or tomorrow. Although, if there is some way Kylemii can survive the lynch, an item or role (I forget which baddie team it is?) it might be best to target this day rather than wait?
Thanks. You're bad.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote: Thanks. You're bad.
But I'm not.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:
But I'm not.
I have reason to suspect you. I saved them as a draft when I went after TH. I think you are his teammate.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
But I'm not.
I have reason to suspect you. I saved them as a draft when I went after TH. I think you are his teammate.
K. So are we going to share these reasons?
I am not his teammate and I think I had quite an impact on his lynch. It's annoying that making the case you did gets you all the credit and apparently inflates your ego...
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
But I'm not.
I am not his teammate and I think I had quite an impact on his lynch. It's annoying that making the case you did gets you all the credit and apparently inflates your ego...
I don't think you had any impact on his lynch. I can share why. I'm willing to keep all that secret if you can lead us to lynch one of your teammates.

Yes. I am blackmailing you.

Wait...

gotta hit up another site for this one...

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
But I'm not.
I don't think you had any impact on his lynch. I can share why. I'm willing to keep all that secret if you can lead us to lynch one of your teammates.

Yes. I am blackmailing you.

Wait...

gotta hit up another site for this one...

Lol, are you being serious right now?
I am just waiting on these reasons.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

Epig, I'm interested in where you're going, and I understand why you suspect Kyle, but can you explain K4J-- or am I misinterpreting you?

Sorry for my absence, I spent the day in the city. Beautiful day for lunch in Bryant Park and a show. :3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:Epig, I'm interested in where you're going, and I understand why you suspect Kyle, but can you explain K4J-- or am I misinterpreting you?

Sorry for my absence, I spent the day in the city. Beautiful day for lunch in Bryant Park and a show. :3
I would love to, but Domgammit, you've interrupted my plan to see how k4j reacts. Why do it again to me?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:Epig, I'm interested in where you're going, and I understand why you suspect Kyle, but can you explain K4J-- or am I misinterpreting you?

I would love to, but Domgammit, you've interrupted my plan to see how k4j reacts. Why do it again to me?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 8

Post by Epignosis »

Psych! I've suspected k4j for a while.

++++

TH1 went after k4j hard. So what happened to TH2's suspicion of k4j? It disappeared entirely. But TH 2.0 took a vote on Day 7! Who could it have been?

Turnip Head 2.0
kneel4justice (17) 4%

I've looked through k4j's posts and the only rationale for suspecting TH 2.0 is that he has been quiet and "seems different." TH 2.0 subbed in at the start of Day 5. He had six posts. k4j had five posts at the start of Day 5, so one fewer than TH 2.0, but declared TH 2.0 as "quiet."

A rundown of k4j's posts from Day 5 start to "TH 2.0 is quiet."
kneel4justice wrote:Sorry I missed the poll. I was out of town and lost track of what I needed to do.
So he missed the Night poll about spiders.
kneel4justice wrote:I voted for Mongoose again.
I did not like her response to being lynched where she randomly said she wanted to vote me or something like that, she didn't even give reason.
Huh. No participation in the discussion. Just voted for Mongoose.

Third post is asking rey about me.

More talk about me.

Another post about me.

Finally:
kneel4justice wrote:TH 2.0 is quiet.
That's it.

Now this is the nail in the coffin for me:
kneel4justice wrote:if I am a townie I will come in with plenty to say, plenty new ideas and angles that others may not have had,
Got a gif for that honey?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Also worth noting thta on Day 2, when K4J was in danger of being lynched, A Person (now Kyle) voted for INH, the only vote he took, in order to have no connection to the lynch.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:Also worth noting thta on Day 2, when K4J was in danger of being lynched, A Person (now Kyle) voted for INH, the only vote he took, in order to have no connection to the lynch.
Can you explain how that's relevant?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

kneel4justice wrote:
But I'm not.
Mafia in a nutshell.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote:Psych! I've suspected k4j for a while.

++++

TH1 went after k4j hard. So what happened to TH2's suspicion of k4j? It disappeared entirely. But TH 2.0 took a vote on Day 7! Who could it have been?

Turnip Head 2.0
kneel4justice (17) 4%

I've looked through k4j's posts and the only rationale for suspecting TH 2.0 is that he has been quiet and "seems different." TH 2.0 subbed in at the start of Day 5. He had six posts. k4j had five posts at the start of Day 5, so one fewer than TH 2.0, but declared TH 2.0 as "quiet."

kneel4justice wrote:Sorry I missed the poll. I was out of town and lost track of what I needed to do.
So he missed the Night poll about spiders.
kneel4justice wrote:I voted for Mongoose again.
I did not like her response to being lynched where she randomly said she wanted to vote me or something like that, she didn't even give reason.

Third post is asking rey about me.

More talk about me.

Another post about me.

Finally:
kneel4justice wrote:TH 2.0 is quiet.
That's it.

Now this is the nail in the coffin for me:
kneel4justice wrote:if I am a townie I will come in with plenty to say, plenty new ideas and angles that others may not have had,
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote:TH1 went after k4j hard. So what happened to TH2's suspicion of k4j? It disappeared entirely. But TH 2.0 took a vote on Day 7! Who could it have been?

Turnip Head 2.0
kneel4justice (17) 4%
First of all, you're missing an important post from TH 1.0.
Turnip Head wrote: K4j, I am sorry I did not get to conversate with you more, I couldn't withold my vote any longer because I was on my way into work, but tbh I also felt like I had heard all I needed to. I was CONVINCED you were on MP's team and most of my arguments came from reading your posts that way. But seeing that FZ was on MP's team I need to reevaluate how I feel about you, as I did not really suspect FZ much, and part of me was trusting her take on you. I plan on rereading you still, and if I have any questions about what I read, I'll be sure to bring them up so that you can address them.
So, this claim that TH 1.0 suspected K4J and TH 2.0 didn't, doesn't quite work. He could not come back and suspect me after he as TH 1.0 fell back on the suspicion.

And is it impossible that TH 2.0 thought that K4J was someone he'd rather not go up against? I don't think so. TH knows from the game at KSITE I can be a pain for him (no offense to him), but I don't see how it is odd that he didn't want to truly engage in suspecting me. I am pretty sure he knew it would come right back at him.

You suspect me for thinking that TH was quiet and different from his original role?
What kind of sense does this make? Especially when I was right.

Yes, I myself was quiet. I admit that. I'm not going to sit here and make excuses for that, because that does not matter.
You're saying because I am quiet, I can't suspect someone for acting completely different from the role they were originally playing?
And you talk about logic?
He was quiet. He was different. That's that.

Could not really participate because I was out of town the previous day and I was short on time.
I agreed with the Mongoose suspicion from what I saw the possibilities for her surviving plus her (what I considered desperate) suspicion of me, since I didn't find it believable made me feel good with placing my vote there, and so I did.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

kneel4justice wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nope.

++++

In case it was missed....what is this way or item or role? Everything is on Page One. You are are trying to get us to lynch him without telling us why we should. You are bad news.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Also worth noting thta on Day 2, when K4J was in danger of being lynched, A Person (now Kyle) voted for INH, the only vote he took, in order to have no connection to the lynch.
Can you explain how that's relevant?
It's the behavior I would expect from one teammate when the other is taking heavy suspicion.

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Epignosis wrote: In case it was missed....what is this way or item or role? Everything is on Page One. You are are trying to get us to lynch him without telling us why we should. You are bad news.
Your response should have consisted of saying there was no item or role.
I didn't know if there was and I did not feel it necessarily to check since we were having a discussion. oop.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

I knew you'd say something. No way for me to defend that.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

kneel4justice wrote:
Epignosis wrote: In case it was missed....what is this way or item or role? Everything is on Page One. You are are trying to get us to lynch him without telling us why we should. You are bad news.
Your response should have consisted of saying there was no item or role.
I didn't know if there was and I did not feel it necessarily to check since we were having a discussion. oop.
You've made it this far without knowing what the items do? Is that because most of the items are more useful to civs than mafia (nk protects, role checks) and so you didn't feel the need to study them?

Return to “Previous Jobs”