(Host/Mod/Dead)
63%

Total votes: 8
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 130

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Day 11

Post by Bullzeye »

Less than half an hour to vote now and only two people have done...
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:Less than half an hour to vote now and only two people have done...
I am still considering.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Of the people I suspect are bad I am least sure of Spacedaisy and Juliets. I will give them the botd for now.

So that leaves metalmarsh.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 281

Post by Epignosis »

Bullzeye wrote:You've spent a hell of a lot of time and effort coming after someone you didn't even originally have a reason to come after. When people are pushing cases against me I prefer to defend than attack because I know that, in some cases, if I claim I'm suspicious of someone who is on the fence about me they will vote me to defend themselves. It happens. I don't want to cause you and kind of discomfort, embarrassment, humiliation, upset, or pressure. I just want the satisfaction of proving someone wrong when they're so passionate about how right they are. It's one of my favourite things in mafia.
If proving people wrong is one of your favorite things in Mafia, then why did you beg the Goblins or Smaug to night kill you in order to ruin any plans someone might have had?
Bullzeye wrote:Goblins or Smaug, whichever of you is not framing me right now, we all know what is going to happen tomorrow. I don't want to give whoever is setting me up the satisfaction of watching me make a desperate but futile attempt to defend myself. So I have a proposition. I'd like one of you to NK me tonight! This isn't a trick, I don't have any daggers or anything. I just want to throw a spanner in the works for whoever is doing all this. They'd never expect me to just go and die, it'd probably ruin all their plans! I think it'd be really funny.
I just don't get it.

Mongoose was bad when she claimed X, but you're not when you claim X.
People who vote on bandwagons without adding anything new are suspicious, but you are not when you do it.
Proving people wrong is one of your favorite things in Mafia, but you begged to be killed (thereby at least postponing that satisfaction).
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:You've spent a hell of a lot of time and effort coming after someone you didn't even originally have a reason to come after. When people are pushing cases against me I prefer to defend than attack because I know that, in some cases, if I claim I'm suspicious of someone who is on the fence about me they will vote me to defend themselves. It happens. I don't want to cause you and kind of discomfort, embarrassment, humiliation, upset, or pressure. I just want the satisfaction of proving someone wrong when they're so passionate about how right they are. It's one of my favourite things in mafia.
If proving people wrong is one of your favorite things in Mafia, then why did you beg the Goblins or Smaug to night kill you in order to ruin any plans someone might have had?
Bullzeye wrote:Goblins or Smaug, whichever of you is not framing me right now, we all know what is going to happen tomorrow. I don't want to give whoever is setting me up the satisfaction of watching me make a desperate but futile attempt to defend myself. So I have a proposition. I'd like one of you to NK me tonight! This isn't a trick, I don't have any daggers or anything. I just want to throw a spanner in the works for whoever is doing all this. They'd never expect me to just go and die, it'd probably ruin all their plans! I think it'd be really funny.
I just don't get it.

People who vote on bandwagons without adding anything new are suspicious, but you are not when you do it.
Proving people wrong is one of your favorite things in Mafia, but you begged to be killed (thereby at least postponing that satisfaction).
You are making so many good points Rob that I am considering voting Bullz after all. I dunno. :ponder:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote:Of the people I suspect are bad I am least sure of Spacedaisy and Juliets. I will give them the botd for now.

For the record, I could vote for MM also. He self-voted on the day TH was lynched, but on other days, I believe he was directly involved in all the other lynches.

Going to look.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Spacedaisy »

I'm voting Metalmarsh. I would rather vote Splints, but since she is insanified I won't today.

*metalmarsh*

Linki: this is my third try here... Holy linkitis!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 162

Post by fingersplints »

Snow Dog wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I just don't get it.

You are making so many good points Rob that I am considering voting Bullz after all. I dunno. :ponder:
Espeericinow Espee. Especicionow bunoluly Esuspiolllly Es spiow nteereeeeciciolusulus alz spiagrinolz now ag agrecinteciciot nspicioluly I I s alllly vononollz I buly ngrinolz nspiow volz nspiciciag nspeeee. nterinonspialy sung ngricinolllunoly aly aly bunspericinontericialz nt Espeeeciow now bus sulllulz I I nolllly I nong I nons spee. bus vow ng bulz vot vonow now I Esus speeeciciow nt I s now vow nteriag ngriag nt buspiag vot ag nteciagriolz noteeee. spe. buspereeriow Es I s bunotere. nolully b
Gro-oo-ovy
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Epi is right. He can be wrong and i have to remember that. My gut is telling me you're genuine Bullz and today I'm going to go with my gut and give you the botd. You've done a good job of defense since I last voted for you. That leaves me with one of the people I'm unsure of so I'm making a gut vote for metalmarsh.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Snow Dog wrote:Of the people I suspect are bad I am least sure of Spacedaisy and Juliets. I will give them the botd for now.

Just a moment ago, you were uncertain about those three. What changed your mind so quickly?

Linki: what changed your mind SD?

Linki: what changed your mind juliets?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote:
I knew they wouldn't anyway but tbh I thought it would be funny if they did. It'd certainly be something unusual. Plus who says I don't have a dagger?
I just don't get it.

I don't know how I survived. I don't know what else to say about that. The only thing that makes sense is that K4J had a powerful vote.
I've explained why I voted AP. It was him, who seemed likely to be bad, vs Boogs, who I was very certain was not bad.
I've just answered point 3.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Holy cow! I mention voting MM and votes come in!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

:wall:
Epignosis wrote: I've offered plenty of time for you to talk about other players, discuss suspicions, and help demonstrate that you are on the side of the civilians. Instead, all you've used that time to do is be defensive, say things that aren't true, and taunt me into votin.
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Snow Dog wrote:Holy cow! I mention voting MM and votes come in!
Color me bewildered.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I am nervous now about voting MM. Two of my suspects voted him
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Voting MM in hopes of protecting myself.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

M athent agat. donstor bus s fen mon ainthe elz m aintoin'tmon't. s atheen't dor I bul MMMM pisut bust M sulz busut I don'tmoins the ee eere buspois t busul athionstor me pispo m the ainsto mo sus sus t. sus t. athen't. mo en m t I ent pis I bus dousus dout. at dore t ee thel atouspinspoullz me e elll fensthen'tmo picinthe ellz at pore feeent m s at bul MM feerell e ferer I buspous mo e t t. moiore toul MMM bus m sus s agatorerer m s t int I agaicicicins pore t. bus s pointhens doreinsulz at agait
Gro-oo-ovy
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ghange of plan. Voted Spacedaisy again.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Snow Dog wrote:Ghange of plan. Voted Spacedaisy again.
I style. I :D stylike. I le. :D styour :D style. styour like style stylike. your style like. :D like. I :D I I stylike. your I styour your stylike :D style. :D :D like like :D le. :D ylike your your I I styour :D I I I :D stylike like styour I like I le like like. :D your stylike. ylike. :D :D le ylike. styour le. I yle le. :D yle ylike I I le :D your like. style stylike :D your le. style your le like. stylike. :D your :D style :D :D :D stylike. like. styour I styour :D I :D I :D your like. like I
Gro-oo-ovy
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Snow Dog wrote:Holy cow! I mention voting MM and votes come in!
Yours linkied with mine. I had already actually written mine and did not see yours until I tried to post the first time.

Metalmarsh, nothing changed my mind. You were on my list I posted some time ago. I don't understand the question...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

You are wrong about me Snow.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Yeah, is there really a point to me even playing this game? I don't have time to post, I don't have time to vote (Although today, we found out my grandma's surgery to remove her gallbladder got moved from mid-July to today at 3:30 so that's the main reason why), but still. So unbelievably pissed with myself.

Not sure who I would have gone with. Not like it matters, given I don't contribute anything worthwhile to this game. I'm really sorry everyone!
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Spacedaisy wrote:
You are wrong about me Snow.
Well it looks like we will have time to discuss this.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Yeah, is there really a point to me even playing this game? I don't have time to post, I don't have time to vote (Although today, we found out my grandma's surgery to remove her gallbladder got moved from mid-July to today at 3:30 so that's the main reason why), but still. So unbelievably pissed with myself.

Not sure who I would have gone with. Not like it matters, given I don't contribute anything worthwhile to this game. I'm really sorry everyone!
:hug:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Snow Dog wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Yeah, is there really a point to me even playing this game? I don't have time to post, I don't have time to vote (Although today, we found out my grandma's surgery to remove her gallbladder got moved from mid-July to today at 3:30 so that's the main reason why), but still. So unbelievably pissed with myself.

Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better. I need to get my head wrapped around this game before it ends though.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better. I need to get my head wrapped around this game before it ends though.
:hugs:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Bullzeye wrote:
Kylemii wrote:i'm voting bullz again, there were some posts before the lynch post which lead me to believe that maybe he did know he was going to survive.

i have to go, i'm travelling today, but i'll try to keep up via phone since i don't have to drive
Quote these posts. Oh wait you won't be able to since you're travelling. That's convenient.

The ones where you talked about how you would behave if you were a dying baddie. How you wish you could go all "bwah haha" but you couldn't. they seemed strange in light of your survical. Because surviving a lynch would be another reaspn why you would hold back on that I can't quote but you can check them.yourself if you want.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 190
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Ok, the host is back in the US! Reading my PMs and then I'll do the post.

I'm starting to give up on ever doing another host post on time, but whenever I get a chance to do so I will move the poll time back a bit. That should help. Be aware, the Night post will be late tomorrow because of the US's World Cup game. PMs will be accepted until I get back from watching that )likely around 6pm EST or possibly later). That should compensate some for the night being short due to today's lateness. Note that the poll will end at the usual time.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Made the mistake of buying my daughter the Frozen soundtrack. The children listen to music as they go to bed.

I'm on my second to last night of sanity. :wall:

How do I counter this? With a Bioshock Infinite soundtrack.

:dance:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: The Hobbit Mafa [Polls]

Post by Russtifinko »

Who is murdering people?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:04 pm

birdwithteeth11
No votes

Bullzeye
Kylemii (8), Metalmarsh89 (9), Epignosis (13), fingersplints (14) 27%

Epignosis
No votes

fingersplints
No votes

insertnamehere
No votes

juliets 2.0
No votes

Kylemii 2.0
No votes

Metalmarsh89
Spacedaisy (10), juliets (11), Bullzeye (12) 20%

Snow Dog
No votes

Spacedaisy
Snow Dog (15) 7%

Ratzeputz (Host/Mod/Dead)
Russtifinko (1), MovingPictures07 (2), S~V~S (3), Dom (4), Leamiteo (5), thellama73 (6), Hedgeowl (7) 47%
Total votes : 15
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:Made the mistake of buying my daughter the Frozen soundtrack. The children listen to music as they go to bed.

Nice. :dance:

But if what I've heard from other parents is true, you just dug your own grave with the Frozen soundtrack.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Re: The Hobbit Mafia: Night 11

Also, I really, REALLY want to go with the last poll option. Just sayin'.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Made the mistake of buying my daughter the Frozen soundtrack. The children listen to music as they go to bed.

Nice. :dance:

But if what I've heard from other parents is true, you just dug your own grave with the Frozen soundtrack.
It wouldn't be bad, but we have an autistic son who gets up almost every time it goes off and turns it back on.

He has expressed an enjoyment of jazz and old ass country music though. I approve of both.

And bear in mind that before his sister could say much, he was going to sleep on Gentle Giant (The Power and the Glory), Yes (The Yes Album & Tormato), and Genesis (Selling England by the Pound). Simon is a cool old man in the body of a 6 year old. :srsnod:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Day 11 -- Outside the Cave

The discussion that day was very heated. Bullzeye, in particular, was vehement about his innocence. When the discussion came down to whether he or Metalmarsh89 should die, he raised his voice to what some others thought was a dangerously high volume, this close to the dragon.

"I am innocent! He's the evil one!!!" Bullz shouted. Others were convinced by his shouting, and really they just wanted him to be quiet, so they began to stab MM to end the argument.

Spacedaisy was one of the first to put a knife into MM, just under his belly. Others joined in, and Bullz stabbed him under an armpit. Suddenly, there was a huge BANG! and a flash, followed by a cloud of smoke. Everyone's ears were ringing, even those of the group who had stood further away, unwilling to stab Metalmarsh. Eventually the smoke cleared, and the group saw the smoking body of Metalmarsh89. The force of the explosion had torn away what proved to be a very clever mask to reveal a sickly green visage beneath.

When members of the group tore their eyes away, they saw two other bodies lying next to MM's. They were rendered unrecognizable, their bodies torn into by the force of the explosions. juliets shook her head, dazed, where she had been thrown against a rock. Epignosis had them call role to see who was still alive. Bullzeye and Spacedaisy proved to be the missing two.

Metalmarsh89 has been lynched. He was the Goblin Sapper (Goblin Town Goblins).
Bullzeye has been killed.
Spacedaisy has been killed.
The Wood Elves have been eliminated.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 408

Post by thellama73 »

Russtifinko wrote:
Dom AND MetalMarsh?! I thought I was trusting my gut too much. Really, I wasn't trusting it enough.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glad I didn't vote for Mr. Fireworks.

And there's a cautionary tale on why you shouldn't just vote to save yourself. You could be voting for a landmine! Those are dangerous.

I'm not sure if Bullzeye got his wish or not. I hope he's laughing at me regardless. Laughter is the best medicine. I guess. I'm no doctor.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

yep, there is a shock, lol. Good luck civs!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote:yep, there is a shock, lol. Good luck civs!
For the record, I thought you were all right.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Night 11 -- Smaug's Lair

The group was extremely nervous about entering the great beast's cavern now, being so terribly few in number after the day's events. However, they had come this far, and some were determined for the dangerous journey and all the death not to be in vain. Others felt a despair that, instead of taking their will to continue, gave them the attitude that if they were to die anyway, they may as well do so fighting a dragon. Maybe the Lake-Town Men would write a song, someday, about their ill-fated excursion.

They crept as soundlessly as they could through the giant entry hall, made so that 50 well-muscled dwarves walking abreast could stride comfortably through. They kept near the walls, but needn't have bothered. Smaug had heard what happened outside his cave, and had guessed what it indicated. He cackled to himself, shrouded in darkness and hidden behind one of his countless mounds of gold, in the throne room where Thorin's grandfather had once sat.

"Welcome, travellers! You have come far to reach this point, but you were many more when you set out. You are very brave to continue on so, when death is certain. But a brave thief is nonetheless a thief, and I know that you seek to take from me that which is mine, which I rightfully won in the glory of battle. You need sneak no longer: I can smell you out. I would tell you to turn back, but you have angered me by entering my sanctum. Only death awaits you here."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Tonight's Riddle (it's another guest one, yay!)

Fall from the sky.

Then follow the shepherd, that great medicine man.

The lame shall not be locked in stillness, but shall rise and others will follow.

The ghosts are not miles away, as they are visiting the leader of the dead chickens.

The sun shall visit the garden in peace, but will wage war against it in search of the ring that speaks of unity.

The named twin, son of the Roman, touches those he chooses, those who may become the protector of the light- at the taxi, the store, the wedding, the accident, the hospital, and the funeral. The greatest threat is one like Johnny Cash.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Dom AND MetalMarsh?! I thought I was trusting my gut too much. Really, I wasn't trusting it enough.
This has been fun. Can't wait for the postgame.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote: I'm not sure if Bullzeye got his wish or not. I hope he's laughing at me regardless. Laughter is the best medicine.
I most definitely am. :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote: I'm not sure if Bullzeye got his wish or not. I hope he's laughing at me regardless. Laughter is the best medicine.
Except I figured he was the Wood Elf King and decided to use him to draw out Smaug.

Hi Juliets. ;)
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

:popcorn:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Dom »

I tried.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

I don't understand what happened, did MM get lynched and take out the other two?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Except I figured he was the Wood Elf King and decided to use him to draw out Smaug.

Hi Juliets. ;)
Yep looks like he was elf.

And sorry Spacey seems like I was wrong. It just had to be you or Metlmarsh or Juliets. Or all three.

RIP Bullz and SD
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

ibwop or a combination of those three I meant.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kylemii wrote:I don't understand what happened, did MM get lynched and take out the other two?
Yes he had rigged himself with explosives being a sapper.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Wait Epi. You didn't care that the Wood Elf got lynched to draw out Smaug?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”