Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Roxy »

Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Brought to you by - Disgruntled Porcupine and Roxy
Modded exclusively by - Dom

The Players:
APerson - Lynched Day 2 - Concorde
Bea - Lynched Day 11 - French Guard
birdwithteeth11 - Nk'ed Night 5 - Roger the Shrubber
Boogs - King Arthur - Killed Day 16 at end game
Bullz - The 3-Headed Knight - Nk'ed Night 15
Canucklehead - Zoot of Castle Anthrax - NK'ed Night 14
Dana - Patsy - Lynched day 13
DFaraday - NK'ed Night 1 - Knight who says Ni
Enrique - NK'ed Night 3 - Sir Robin
Epignosis - NK'ed Night 2 - Rabbit of Caerbannog
fingersplints - Replaced Spacedaisy Day 3 - NK'ed Night 7 - Prince Herbert
Hedgeowl - Lynched Day 10 - Tim the Enchanter
Juliets - NK'ed Night 12 - Sir Bevedere the Wise
Keterman - Replaced Black Rock Day 2 - Nk'ed Night 6 - The Dead Collector
Long Con
LoRab - Replaced Lizzy Night 1 - Guard of Swallow Castle - Lynched Day 16
Made - Lynched Day 4 - Sir Lancelot
Metalmarsh - Lynched Day 6 - Brother Maynard
Mister Rearranger - Lynched Day 3 - Sir Galahad
Mongoose - Lynched Day 8 - Dennis
MovingPictures07 - Lynched Day 1 - The Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh
nijuukyugou - NK'ed Night 8 - King of the Swamp Castle
reywaS - NK'ed Night 4 - Trojan Rabbit
S~V~S - Lynched Day 5 - God
Thellama73 - Lynched Day 7 - Dennis' Mom

Replacers -
LoRab
Keterman
Bass
fingersplints

Boogs had the worst possible role,

"It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle
of Camelot. King of the Britons, defeater of the Saxons, sovereign
of all England!"

King Arthur - On odd Days/Nights you cannot be lynched or NK'ed. Even nights you will send in one name and be told if they are a Knight of the Round Table or not.
Dana had the worst possible role,

"I am. And this my trusty servant Patsy."

Patsy - Trusty sidekick of Arthur - If Arthur is targeted for lynch or NK you will be told.
Made had the worst possible role,

"Well, you see, the thing is, I thought your son was a lady."

Sir Lancelot the Brave - Ax crazed/violence solves all man who seeks praise and glory. Searches every night for the King of the Swamp Castle. If you find the King of the Swamp Castle before he finds you will gain BTSC with him.
APerson had the worst possible role,

"Message for you, sir."

Concorde - Trusty sidekick of Lancelot - Dies in place of Lancelot if Lancelot is targeted for a Lynch or NK and you may block someone each night.
Juliets had the worst possible role,

"So, how do we tell whether she is made of wood?"

Sir Bedevere the Wise - Can stop 1 lynch and end a night early one time. When the night ends or the lynch stops no one will know there just will not be any death.
Enrique had the worst possible role,

"Shut up! Um, n-n-nobody really, I'm j-just um, just passing through."

Sir Robin the Not-So-Brave-As-Lancelot - You are quite scared of everything. You can escape death by running away like a little school girl one time. *secret-secret* If found by the 3-Headed Knight you will be recruited to his team. If one member dies from the team you are automatically recruited.
Mister Rearranger had the worst possible role,

"Well, let me have just a little bit of peril?"

Sir Galahad the Pure/Chaste - Wants to be in a bit of peril even though Lancelot told him it was too perilous. Searches for Zoot each night. *Secret* If he finds Zoot he gets recruited to her team. *secret-secret* If one member dies from the team you are automatically recruited to her team.
Hedgeowl had the worst possible role,

"So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty big pointy teeth."

Tim the Enchanter - There are some who call you.....Tim? :noble: - Knows the way to Caerbannog and about the "Rabbit" with sharp pointy teeth. Cannot be hurt by the Rabbit or any Knight of the Round Table.
Mongoose and llama had received the worst possible roles,

"Well you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Dennis - Is being repressed - BTSC with Dennis' Mom - Can post a rant each night no subject off limits. May not out self or Mom.

"Order, eh -- who does he think he is?"

Dennis' Mother - BTSC w/ Son, Dennis - Composes rant with Dennis.
birdwithteeth had the worst possible role,

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say `Ni' at will to old ladies."

Roger the Shrubber - Has shrubbery to appease even the most discriminating Knight who says Ni. Will be told what action was used against him (if any) every night.
Metalmarsh had the worst possible role,

"And the Lord did grin, and people did feast upon the lambs, and sloths, and carp, and anchovies, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats, and large --"

Brother Maynard - With the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch he searches every night for the Rabbit of Caerbannog. If he finds the Rabbit he will use his Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch (after a counting to the number 3 , ofc!) and mayest blow thy enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy.
Nijuukou had the worst possible role,

"For, since her own father... who, when he seemed about to recover, suddenly felt the icy hand of death upon him,..."

King of the Swamp Castle - Searches for Lancelot. If he finds Lancelot before Lancelot finds him Lancelot will "accidentally" excitedly kill Prince Herbert and be very sorry afterward.
fingersplints had the worst possible role,

“I'd rather... just... sing!”

Prince Herbert - Can "sing" a song each night. Each night you can submit a video or write a song, poem or short verse to be posted after the Night Post. You will be given the same info as another player unbeknownst to you.
Keterman had the worst possible role,

“Bring out your dead!”

Dead Collector - Collects dead powers throughout the game. One time uses. Will know what power they are using will not get to use their power until night 2.
reywaS had the worst possible role,

“...”

Trojan Rabbit - Such a silly thing to forget to have someone hide inside you. :consoling:
Your vote will be worth 2 if you vote for a baddie of any sort. If you vote for a civ it will not count. You will also protect another player each night. You may protect yourself 1x in the game.
Baddie Team I
LoRab had the worst possible role,

“It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a 1 pound coconut.”

Guard of Swallow Castle - Knows a lot or so they think. Along with killing on odd nights on even nights you will be given 3 pieces of info of which all or none could be true. You will pick who to share this info with via the Hosts. Someone else receives the same info as you who is unbeknownst to you. Can survive one kill/lynch attempt.
Bea had the worst possible role,

“You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! Go and boil your bottoms, sons of a silly person! I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur-king, you and all your silly English kaniggets!”

Guard of the Castle of Guy de Loimbard - Does not need a Grail they already have one ;) - Every night you will insult someone so badly they walk away in shame and you will then fling livestock at them making them unable to vote or speak all while using your outrageous French accent.
Canucklehead had the worst role possible,

“Sir Galahad! You would not be so ungallant as to refuse our hospitality.”

Zoot of Castle Anthrax - Needs a spanking - Searches for Sir Galahad the Pure/Chaste. If she finds him he will be recruited to her baddie team. When she find Galahad she earns (1) save from lynch or NK.
Baddie Team II
Long Con had the worst possible role,

“Just a flesh wound!”

The Black Knight - In addition to killing on even nights, every night and day for that matter you will be hard to kill --- Cut off your arm or leg - no worries tis but a flesh wound. Cut off your head - you're dead.
Attempts to kill (Lynch or NK) you shall be met swiftly by the maths :o
1st try - 1 in 5 chance
2nd try - 1in 4 chance
3rd try - 1in 3 chance
ETC.
Bullzeye had the worst possible role,

“You're a knight of the round table? In that case I shall have to kill you.”

The Three Headed Knight - Searches for Sir Robin every night. If you find Sir Robin who is not quite so brave as Lancelot you will recruit him to your baddie team.
DFaraday had the worst possible role:

“Ni!”

The Knight who says Ni - Looks for Roger the Shrubber very night if he finds Roger he will kill him as his shrubbery is quite appeasing to look at but detrimental to a Knight who says Ni if he does not like the shape/size or type of said shrubbery.
Indy/LMS
Epignosis had the worst possible role,

“*squeaks angrily*”

Rabbit of Caerbannog - That rabbit is dynamite! - In addition to killing on odd nights on even nights you will search for Brother Maynard. If you find Brother Maynard you won't/can't kill him but will earn (1) instant kill to be used whenever you wish (day or night). LMS
Indy/LMS
MovingPictures had the worst possible role,

“*roars*”

The Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh - In addition to killing on even nights on odd nights you will be protected from all night actions. LMS
Neutral - Survive to the end
SVS had the worst possible role,

"Oh, don't grovel! If there's one thing I can't stand, it's people groveling."

God - Hates actually being "God" - You are a mirror on even nights and will reflect any night action used against you. On odd nights you are a brick wall and will deflect any night action used against you to the target of your choice.
You also get a sock account with which you may only post at night.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Re: Day 0 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Roxy »

Rules-

All normal Syndicate rules apply with the addition of:

If you do not post or vote for more than 3 game days without a PM to the Hosts you will be MK'ed.

No roles are revealed at first we will be doing this slightly different.

Do not discuss your role or any possible roles in the Game Thread.

You out anything (roles, abilities, teammates, prizes, alignments, info) You will be losing your ability and/or alignment and could be MK'ed if deemed necessary.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

And so begins your quest!

While we wait for everyone to check in to start our Team Challenge, please complete the following survey and PM your results to both Hosts. No need for screencaps or copy/paste just tell us your result.

http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/mpholygrail/grailtest.html

Send us what your survey results say at the top. Not the bottom. You shall send the bottom if only preceded by the top. The bottom is right out. Send in the top lest the top be the bottom then send the top followed closely by the bottom.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

You may now post if it so amuses you!
;)
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 340

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote:You may now post if it so amuses you!
It amuses me, but then most things do.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

There's no time limit on the poll. Is Day 0 a 24 or 48 hour day, or until everyone checks in? I know people do Day 0 differently sometimes.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote:There's no time limit on the poll. Is Day 0 a 24 or 48 hour day, or until everyone checks in? I know people do Day 0 differently sometimes.
Day 0 is personally my favorite day.

also, what do i need to watch to understand Monty Python <_<. It's a movie(s) not a tv show right?
Pov: you reading my takes
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:There's no time limit on the poll. Is Day 0 a 24 or 48 hour day, or until everyone checks in? I know people do Day 0 differently sometimes.
Based on her post, I think it lasts as long as it has to until everyone checks in.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Made wrote: also, what do i need to watch to understand Monty Python <_<. It's a movie(s) not a tv show right?
Monty Python were a troupe of British comedians reknowned for their groundbreaking surrealist comedy. They began with a TV show, Monty Python's Flying Circus, and made three major films: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's The Life of Brian, and Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. You should watch the Holy Grail and a few of the Flying Circus sketches on youtube.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I voted nudge-nudge because I like it better than wink-wink.

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:
Based on her post, I think it lasts as long as it has to until everyone checks in.
omg, I thought you were mod/host for some reason.... that could of been bad.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:I voted nudge-nudge because I like it better than wink-wink.
In that case I shall vote wink-wink because it's actually way better!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also I wish "Say no more, say no more" were an option~ that's my favorite.

Linki, No Roxy & DisPor are hosts, Dom is the mod.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Also I wish "Say no more, say no more" were an option~ that's my favorite.

No mod/host outing! Didn't you read the rules?

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Also I wish "Say no more, say no more" were an option~ that's my favorite.

:haha:

wink-wink for me. ;) <- there is not a nudge nudge smiley
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Enrique »

So we don't get the roles, but do we at least get any idea of how the alignments are? Who are supposed to lynch, how many baddies, teams, etc.? Or is this basically a blind mafia where we just lynch suspicious people until it's game over? Either way this should be a fun, silly game. :biggrin:

Dom modding?! Ayo! And Mrs. Keys as a replacement. Hiiii guys! :fiesta:

Also, think I'm gonna go for wink wink. No particular reason.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

wink-wink for me. ;) <- there is not a nudge nudge smiley
:consoling: *votes nudge nudge*
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Hedgie did not actually vote.

Voting Nudge Nudge cause why not?
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Black Rock »

I voted wink-wink cause I like a good wink.
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Hedgie did not actually vote.
I guess she figured she had done enough, know what I mean, know what I mean? Figured she needed to say no more.

Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

thellama73 wrote:
Made wrote: also, what do i need to watch to understand Monty Python <_<. It's a movie(s) not a tv show right?
Monty Python were a troupe of British comedians reknowned for their groundbreaking surrealist comedy. They began with a TV show, Monty Python's Flying Circus, and made three major films: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Monty Python's The Life of Brian, and Monty Python's The Meaning of Life. You should watch the Holy Grail and a few of the Flying Circus sketches on youtube.
You have forgotten my second favorite movie - Jabberwocky!!

You lose 2 cool points instantly! :p
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Enrique wrote:So we don't get the roles, You got YOUR role :p

but do we at least get any idea of how the alignments are? No

Who are supposed to lynch, how many baddies, teams, etc.? idk

Or is this basically a blind mafia where we just lynch suspicious people until it's game over? :feb:

Either way this should be a fun, silly game. :biggrin: Hope so!! :dance:

Dom modding?! Ayo! And Mrs. Keys as a replacement. Hiiii guys! :fiesta:

Also, think I'm gonna go for wink wink. No particular reason.
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

That is not a Monty Python film, it just features a couple of the members of Python.

You lose two accuracy points instantly! :P

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You lose wisdom points for dissing the host :p
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

That is not a Monty Python film, it just features a couple of the members of Python.

You lose two accuracy points instantly! :P
Then suddently, thellama73 was struck by lightning.
He died, You have 24 hours to offer sacrifice to our god Roxy or you will also be struck by lightning.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

NIGHT 0 HAS BEGUN!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:You lose wisdom points for dissing the host :p
Jokes on you, I never had any wisdom points to begin with.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Touche`

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

no wait, did that really happen?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

juliets wrote:no wait, did that really happen?
Not unless Made is secretly one of the hosts :P
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Bullzeye wrote:
NO HOST OUTING!!!!!
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

hahaha - I didn't even look at the name! I'm going to vote nudge nudge.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Made wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
NO HOST OUTING!!!!!
A lot of people type lol when they don't really mean it. This made me legitimately howl with laughter. :haha:

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Made wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
NO HOST OUTING!!!!!
It wasn't outing it was speculation! Do you have something to hide, Mr. Host?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

I voted *nudge nudge* because it sounds way dirtier. (Wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more)

Really, though, "wink" is just such a dreadful tinny sort of word

"Nudge"! Now there's a good woody sort of word. Gives me confidence. Nuuuuuudge. Woody.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Canucklehead wrote:I voted *nudge nudge* because it sounds way dirtier. (Wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more)

Really, though, "wink" is just such a dreadful tinny sort of word

"Nudge"! Now there's a good woody sort of word. Gives me confidence. Nuuuuuudge. Woody.
What an excellent point.

Caribou gone!

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Yay game!! Interesting that we have no outline of the roles. Nudge nudge for me.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hey guys, let's fill up dozens of pages with Monty Python reference silliness to make it impossible for anyone checking in late to catch up! :feb:

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Anybody who does not complete the survey in the third post will be turned into a newt. This is your warning.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

But will we get better?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat... so I'll nudge!
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Glad to be playing another mafia yay! I have to admit, I have not seen this movie (I know I know... Lol), but I'm anxious to play again and have fun :)
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Also, I shall be winking because cute cats that wink and better than nudge because they can nudge you with their claws and I'm a friendly cat!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Boogs wrote:I have to admit, I have not seen this movie (I know I know... Lol)
Here's a trailer to give you an introduction. It's a historical action-drama along the lines of Braveheart.

Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

It said fake trailer? Confused Lol. But I gather it about the knights of the round table in midevil times or something Llama?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:It said fake trailer? Confused Lol. But I gather it about the knights of the round table in midevil times or something Llama?
It is a documentary about the true story of the founding of Great Britain!
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Bullzeye wrote:
Boogs wrote:It said fake trailer? Confused Lol. But I gather it about the knights of the round table in midevil times or something Llama?
Guys, this isn't an acusation, but i think bullz might be lying
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Made wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Guys, this isn't an acusation, but i think bullz might be lying
Nope. It's like Independence Day, the story of how Will Smith saved the world from aliens on an otherwise unremarkable day one July which was then made into a national holiday in the US.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Upon further investigation I see what the movie is about :p Shame on you Bullzeye lol
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

What is shame? I don't know that word...

Return to “Previous Jobs”