Post by Epignosis »

I voted accordingly, by the way.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 113

Re: [DAY 12] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:I agree. If this was a lynch redirection, and I think it was a clear case of one, then surely an evil player is not invincible to lynching (at this point, that would make the player invincible, yeah?).

I say we kick timmer to the curb this time.
Interesting that you don't want to find his teammates. :)
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 130

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I agree. If this was a lynch redirection, and I think it was a clear case of one, then surely an evil player is not invincible to lynching (at this point, that would make the player invincible, yeah?).

I say we kick timmer to the curb this time.
Interesting that you don't want to find his teammates. :)
I believe I've already done so. ;)

Not totally certain, but I'm close.
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by BoatsBoatsBoats »

Voting timmer again
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark

timmer wrote:Ya for no deaths! Now, to find some baddies.
Get a mirror
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Illyria »

I'm in gentleman, his rejoicing of DH's death and saying DH was evil, when he clearly was not sent any worry I had about him into NeverNeverland. :srsnod:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Here we go again, handing the lynch to timmer... :rolleyes:

Nothing I can do now *votes Timmer*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by timmer »

You know what I see in all of those votes? A baddie bandwagon.

votes INH
My siggie.
BoatsBoatsBoats
The Mark

timmer wrote:You know what I see in all of those votes? A baddie bandwagon.

votes INH
Every single person voted for you last lynch and then the person you voted for gets lynched. Care to explain?
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 79

Post by insertnamehere »

timmer wrote:You know what I see in all of those votes? A baddie bandwagon.

votes INH
Welp, it's been nice playing. :rip:
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 79

Post by insertnamehere »

I'm probably fucked anyway,

*votes timmer*
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 12: Eventually

"timmer!" the supposed Captain Spectacular gave him a death stare. "Today you shall die."

timmer was very relaxed. "Oh, really? Okay then. I vote for insertnamehere. He's the real baddie." He stood, awaiting everyone to advance on him once again. As the players went to beat him up, something familiarly sinister happened; timmer vanished and in his place was insertnamehere. "Dammit, I knew I was fucked..." he lamented.

insertnamehere has been lynched. He was Ornette Coleman.

To be continued...
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

:shrug:
My siggie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [END] Avant-Garde Mafia 2

Post by Tangrowth »

Conclusion: The Festival of Death

After beating insertnamehere to a pulp, the players took a step back and noticed what they had done. BoatsBoatsBoats was outraged. "HOW?!?!?!" The players angrily looked at timmer, and then a few of them looked around at each other. It was time.

timmer advanced on BoatsBoatsBoats, without saying a word. Before Boats's eyes, timmer transformed into a Resident. He stared at BoatsBoatsBoats for a few seconds with his Green Eyeball and then vanished into thin air. Boats began feeling very sick to his stomach and knelt on the ground. The other players rushed over to see what was wrong, but then stepped back when they found Boats was spewing puke uncontrollably. Illyria was grossed out, "Ewww.. are those tongues?!!?" BoatsBoatsBoats's face turned green, and then his body, and then the green turned to yellow as he couldn't stop puking. He then fell to the ground, unable to live any longer.

Everyone was visibly shaken. Where did timmer go? No sooner did they have time to process the horror before them did two other players look at each other and give a signal. Dom suddenly transformed before their eyes and turned into a Resident. He vanished into thin air and re-appeared in front of Boomslang. Unable to move out of shock, Boomslang looked at the assailant before him, with his giant Red Eyeball mask. Dom stared at Boomslang for a few seconds and then vanished like timmer before him. Boomslang suddenly began to feel a very sharp pressure in his head. This was unlike any other headache he had felt before. The ache spread throughout his entire head and specifically to his ears, and it quickly began to feel as if someone was drilling spikes everywhere. He screamed and fell t the ground in agony.

Illyria watched in absolute fear as Boomslang lost his life as well. She cautiously turned to look at Epignosis and saw that he had a grin on his face. He vanished in thin air and re-appeared right before her. He then transformed into his true form, and Illyria screamed in horror. Epignosis gave her a blank look, as he appeared as a gigantic vicious dragon. "Look, I don't have a fancy eyeball costume like these other people. In order to create the same level of fear, I find I have to... exaggerate." He then transformed again into the figure of Roger Waters and spat in Illyria's face. "Sorry, I had to. I always wanted to do this for some reason..." He transformed one last time as Illyria turned and started running away. He re-appeared in front of her, the same attire as any other Resident, but with a Pink Eyeball. "How do you like it?" he asked. Illyria's body instantly began to shrink as she screamed for help, even though she knew it was futile. It shrank and shrank and shrank so small until her organs and bones were crushed under the pressure. Epignosis then lifted his foot and squashed what was left of Illyria.

timmer and Dom re-appeared. Epignosis smiled. "We did it. Now let's get off this pile of shit planet. Beers at my place." The Residents all vanished to see another day.

BoatsBoatsBoats, Boomslang, and Illyria have been killed by The Residents.

The Residents have won the game!!
Congratulations to our winners: Epignosis, timmer, and Dom!!!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Player Alignments and Roles

Civvies
Boomslang - Omnidimensional Creator
juliets (Benthayer15) - Captain Spectacular
Vompatti - Residents Fanboy
birdwithteeth11 - Frank Zappa -- RECRUITED to The Residents
Mr. Droopy Cash - Captain Beefheart
axxon n - Mike Patton
S~V~S - Fred Frith
BoatsBoatsBoats - Chris Cutler
AceofSpaces - John Cage
Leech - Steve Reich
DFaraday - Iannis Xenakis
insertnamehere - Ornette Coleman
LoRab - ChaotH
Illyria - Moondog
DharmaHelper - Damo Suzuki
Devin the Omniscient - Christian Vander
Kate - Scott Walker
Flyin' High (crusty_mustard) - Exuma

Ziltoid the Omniscient's Army
rabbit8 - Ziltoid the Omniscient
triceratopzeuhl - Commander Squizloid
The Truth - Ziltoidian Monk
LittleTiger - Grey 1
Jokreher - Grey 2

The Residents
Dom (Roxy) - Red Eyeball
chaindeath - Blue Eyeball
timmer (Captain Bunny Killer) - Green Eyeball
bea - Brown Eyeball
Epignosis - The Sinister Exaggerator

The Duo of Destruction
reywaS - The Mysterious Voice
DisgruntledPorcupine - Herman the Planet Smasher
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Results and Analysis

Day 0:
For those wondering what this Day 0 poll was all about, it was pretty much tied to Commander Squizloid's role. At the start of Day 0, Commander Squizloid had to choose any of the Nebulos between Nebulo 1 and 17 to place his backup fleets. Commander/trice chose Nebulo 8, which served him quite well.

The corresponding options had the humans starting at the respective Nebulo:
Sun portal - Nebulo 1
Earth portal - Nebulo 9
Neptune/Pluto portal - Nebulo 17

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1:
Nothing too out of the ordinary here other than the after-effect of the Day 0 poll. All of those who voted for the winning Day 0 option had their votes count like normal, whereas those who voted for a losing option lost the power of their vote without their knowledge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Night 1:
Night 1 was nuts! Kate, who was Scott Walker, decided to use her tilt function the very first night. This meant that any night action that was going to hit one side of the alphabet hit the other side of the alphabet. In addition to reywaS's four target switches, it made for a lot of target chaos, and explains why your target likely went somewhere other than you intended Night 1.

NIGHT 1 TILTED TARGETS:
VompattiAceofSpaces
triceratopzeuhlaxxon n
The Truthbea
S~V~SBenthayer15
Roxybirdwithteeth11
reywaSBoatsBoatsBoats
rabbit8Boomslang
Mr. Droopy CashCaptain Bunny Killer
LoRabchaindeath
LittleTigerDevin the Omniscient
KateDFaraday
JokreherDharmaHelper
insertnamehereDisgruntledPorcupine
IllyriaEpignosis
Targets that were supposed to hit the players on the left actually hit players on the right.

Most significantly, Kate was actually the target of DP/Herman's Night 1 kill, but managed to avoid it and DFaraday was killed in her place.

Another significant action on Night 1 was that Commander Squizloid/trice decided to prime for attack, since he chose Nebulo 8 and that is where the players were headed. Since Nebulo 8 was indeed selected in the night poll, trice could then choose someone to kill by end of Day 2.

Day 2:
Very interesting lynch, down to rabbit8 and bea, both baddies. It was very much along team lines. Those who were on The Residents voted rabbit, and those who were on Ziltoid's team voted for bea (except for Epignosis and The Truth). What made this lynch more interesting was the fact that all votes of The Residents were worth 2x because of The Sinister Exaggerator's power, so it was actually an even closer lynch than it seemed (only by 1 vote!). Unfortunately, both bea and Roxy missed the poll.

The most interesting part of Day 2 was Epignosis's fake silencing of himself as well as his fake vote for The Truth. Some suspected axxon n was silenced, but he was not. John Cage/AceofSpaces did not begin silencing until Night 4.

Then at the end of the day, Commander/trice sent in his one-time kill to be used on LoRab, hence her death.

Night 2:
Epignosis/The Sinister Exaggerator had his first successful exaggeration this night. His Night 1 exaggeration failed because he was role blocked by extension (Illyria was role blocked).

The exaggerated portion of this night post was:
"Meanwhile, The Truth reports that he heard weeping. He looked around the corner of an intersecting corridor and saw rabbit8 eating crayons. Rabbit8 was muttering to himself about how addicted he was to them, and he was also talking about how his days were numbered because bea was the way home. And that he had a supercrush on her."

Day 3:
The good old Droopy lynch. The only thing to note here is that timmer (at the time Captain Bunny Killer)'s power of negative vote went into effect here for the first time. triceratopsoil was the first victim, so his vote for Vompatti was worth negative four (with bea dead).

Night 3:
Boomslang/The Omnidimensional Creator uses his first resurrection on Mr. Droopy Cash. Now what's funny here is that the coin actually flipped tails, so it was randomly selected among those dead. I put all the dead names into the name randomizer... and Mr. Droopy Cash comes up, lol. So his original target was rezzed after all!

What was very interesting is that Jokreher had successfully stolen/mimicked Kate's power the night previous, so he attempted to tilt all night targets away from him this night. However, it failed automatically because Kate did not use her power that night. Unknown to both the Greys, if they tried to execute a power they stole from someone the night before, the role had to be using it the same night they tried to execute.

The Truth/Ziltoidian Monk survived the night kill because he rolled a 10.

Flyin' High/Exuma survived the night kill because the coin flipped heads and she successfully avoided the night action.

"An extraterrestrial ghost appeared before Vompatti. It raised its hands, but something made it stop. Then it sibilated, "No -- we have further use of you." Then it vanished."

Day 4:
The Vomps lynch. S~V~S was the second victim of the negative vote curse, so her vote for Vompatti was worth negative four (with bea dead) and trice's vote for Vompatti was also worth negative four. Despite this, he had more than enough votes to offset the negative eight and he was still lynched.

Night 4:
Another crazy night! This one was unbelievable. Kate was targeted with another kill, this time by The Residents, and she tilted AGAIN, her second and final tilt. Talk about awesome timing. Regardless, Captain Bunny Killer was executing the kill and she was blocked by BoatsBoatsBoats/Chris Cutler, so the kill did not go through. If it had, DisgruntledPorcupine/Herman would have died.

NIGHT 4 TILTED TARGETS:
insertnamehereFlyin' High
JokreherEpignosis
julietsDom
KateDisgruntledPorcupine
LittleTigerDharmaHelper
Mr. Droopy Cashchaindeath
rabbit8Captain Bunny Killer
reywaSBoomslang
S~V~SBoatsBoatsBoats
The Truthbirdwithteeth11
triceratopzeuhlAceofSpaces
Targets that were supposed to hit the players on the left actually hit players on the right.

chaindeath died this night, so the people he successfully cursed (rabbit8 and BoatsBoatsBoats) could be frozen. Flipped heads for rabbit8 and tails for Boats, so Boats was not frozen. In reality, rabbit8's should have hit triceratopzeuhl instead because trice absorbs all night targets. I messed this up because chaindeath's original target was Flyin' High the night previous and it was redirected by reywaS/The Mysterious Voice to rabbit8.

Now as to how chaindeath died... this was interesting. DharmaHelper/Damo actually targeted Mr. Droopy Cash and he rolled a 7, which was his Black Mushroom (instant death). However, it was redirected to chaindeath via Kate's tilt. So Droopy would have died again lest for that.

birdwithteeth11 was recruited by The Residents this night. He actually targeted Mr. Droopy Cash, but because of the tilt, it hits chaindeath, and I flipped heads -- so The Residents were indeed notified.

Flyin' High survived the kill attempt by once again successfully avoiding the night action.

DharmaHelper, birdwithteeth11, DisgruntledPorcupine, Mr. Droopy Cash, insertnamehere, Epignosis, and reywaS all could not be blocked this night because of their participation in the poker tournament.

"insertnamehere was drunk. In the midst of the inebriated rant, insertnamehere shouted that he shouldn't have voted for DharmaHelper, and that he should have gone with his gut and voted to lynch Kate."

Day 5:
This was a strange lynch. timmer seems to receive the most votes, but both trice and S~V~S still have negative four votes (bea and chaindeath dead, but birdwithteeth11 has been recruited) and both vote for timmer, so it ends up being a tie between LittleTiger and DharmaHelper. The only reason it was even a tie is because S~V~S/Fred Frith's force votes were actually not counting, so Ace's vote for DH was null; this offset the 2x vote against him from Epignosis. I flipped a coin for this and LT died.

Night 5:
Kate finally dies at the hands of DP/Herman!

triceratopzeuhl was killed and Illyria was resurrected. As you all know, the living voted for Illyria to die, but I sent a PM to all of those on the list (non-NKed people) asking which living player deserved to die. All of them sent me in a name, but because it was a tie, I used the name of the person who was actually resurrected, and Illy chose trice.

Boomslang survives the kill because of his role (Omnidimensional Creator).

DharmaHelper, birdwithteeth11, DisgruntledPorcupine, Mr. Droopy Cash, Epignosis, and reywaS all could not be blocked this night because of their participation in the poker tournament.

"Epignosis was trying to forget his mistakes in voting, and trying to convince himself that he would not make another mistake. But a green eyeball materialized. The figure held an old-fashioned Tommy gun in its hands. It hissed, "For voting chaindeath!" Epignosis ducked behind a piece of furniture as the shots rained down upon him. Epignosis cried out! When the shots stopped, Epignosis cautiously raised his head, and saw no one."

Day 6:
The Flyin' High lynch. Only S~V~S had negative four votes at this point, with trice dead, and timmer being blocked the past two nights in a row.

Night 6:
The portal night! Anyone who used the portalscope to look at the portals had a chance of being roleblocked this night. For each portal they chose to look at it, it added 20% chance to their chance of being roleblocked (max 80%).

Each portal did correspond to a respective team but no one was made aware. Here is the information regarding the four portals:[/b][/color]

Portal 1 - Volcano (The Duo of Destruction) - The player thrown into the volcano has a 50% chance of burning to death. The Duo cannot be harmed by lava, resulting in a lynch stop effect. The Duo may also select another player or two (depending on how many of the original Duo are currently alive) to be thrown in the volcano as well, setting them on fire, giving each other player a 50% chance of death as well.
"As you peer into the portalscope, you see a large volcano and a grey sky filled with volcanic ash. An ominous sight."

Portal 2 - Eden (Civilians) - All players vote on the "most civvie" player. If that player is indeed civvie, all civvies gain automatic night protection the coming night. If the player is not a civvie, the players are notified and they do not gain any protection.
"As you peer into the portalscope, you see a wonderfully vibrant and incredibly soothing garden."

Portal 3 - Psychic Jugglers (The Residents) - All lynch options are not assigned to players/names. The Residents in this portal select in what order they wish to list the players and must send to the host within 24 hours. The Residents can juggle around the names and re-submit to the host again twice within the last 24 hours before the poll ends.
"As you peer into the portalscope, you see a deranged background with many twisting colors of purple, blue, black, among others. There are strangely shaped figures juggling. It almost hurts your eyes to peer into this imagery too long."

Portal 4 - Disruptr (Ziltoid the Omniscient) - Ziltoid's team may end the lynch at any time they wish.
"As you peer into the portalscope, you see hardly anything. It is almost uncomfortable, however, as if some kind of nebulous creature will disrupt the nothingness at any moment."

DisgruntledPorcupine specifically held his kill because of the newly revealed information.

DharmaHelper, birdwithteeth11, DisgruntledPorcupine, Mr. Droopy Cash, Epignosis, and reywaS all could not be blocked this night because of their participation in the poker tournament.

"Timmer was just going to sleep when he heard the rattling of a gun. He chose to investigate. What he saw shocked him: A bloodied body was on the ground while a figure stood over it. The figure turned around, revealing a green eyeball for a face. The figure sprang forward, but Timmer was able to hide."

Day 7:
See Portal 2 above. S~V~S is deemed most civvie and thus all civvies cannot die on Night 7.

All of The Residents' vote manipulation (negative and 2x) was not valid during this day period.

Night 7:
DharmaHelper was killed by Ziltoid's Army, but then I realized the stipulations of the portal (civvies cannot die), as soon as I posted the night post, so I resurrected him for that reason.

DP held his kill once again.

Epignosis survived the kill from Moondog (Illyria) ONLY because she flipped two tails in executing it, and she thereafter lost her ability to kill and her lynch vote (but had a 50% chance of surviving lynches). If this had instead gone through, the game could have become quite different.

"S~V~S looked at her gift. It was a pretty thing, almost like a Faberge egg, but it was light in an otherworldly way, and almost seemed to float in her hand. She had been so enamored with the trophy itself that she had not noticed the inscription on the piece. Squinting, she read it: "You have two days to live.""

Now this exaggeration was genius because it was not actually true at all, yet everyone seemed to believe it was.

Day 8:
See Portal 1 above. Epignosis received the most votes, but was not lynched because of the negative votes. S~V~S, and now Boomslang and BoatsBoatsBoats all had negative four votes. S~V~S and Boats both voted for Epignosis.

DP survived the lynch because of the fact it was his portal. He and reywaS then selected S~V~S and rabbit8 to be thrown into the volcano, and both coins flipped heads.

Night 8:
This was the night that really changed the dynamic of the game. The Duo of Destruction had been playing so well, and then The Residents decide to have birdwithteeth11 target reywaS for a kill. Naturally, because of the automatic deflection, birdwithteeth11 died.

DP/Herman cannot kill because he received votes on Day 8.

"Alone, Epignosis was thinking back on the previous day's events. He wanted to determine what was what so he could show the others. Absentmindedly, he began singing "If I Were a Rich Man," and around the second verse, the air began to vibrate. There was Herman the Hologram. Herman screamed, but even though it was a scream, it was of a low volume: "YOU KNOW I HATE MUSICALS! I should kill you now, but I have a better use for you tomorrow. And I will make sure you speak not a word to anyone!" Herman's image vanished, and Epignosis was unable to finish the song."

Day 9:
See Portal 4 above. This is hands down the most hilarious thing that happened all game. With rabbit8 now gone, The Truth is the only one alive on his team. He had actually approached me a day period or so before asking to be replaced because his laptop died, but I told him I'd likely not be able to since I had no one lined up and it was so late in the game.

Now, he had the ability to end the game, so he PMed me back and ended it. I noticed he hadn't voted first, which I thought was strange, but OK. I was at work at the time, so I come back from lunch and quickly put all the names into the randomizer... to find that The Truth's name pops up.

Because it's his portal, I wondered for a second whether that would make sense; I didn't think to exclude his name. But then I thought, 'Screw it, this would be funny, and the randomizer has spoken regardless'. So that's how he died and his team was eliminated.

Night 9:
BoatsBoatsBoats is targeted for a kill by DP/Herman because no votes rolled in during Day 9, but everyone except for The Residents is blocked because of Dom's enhanced Red Eyeball ability. This is the first night all game that he flipped two heads since Vomps was lynched.

"A ghost appeared to reywaS at the stroke of midnight. The ghost was feminine, with short hair and a gracefully aged face. Her soprano voice seemed to gently vibrate the air around reywaS' room. "Who goes there?" reywaS asked. "I am Julie Andrews," she intoned. "Or I used to be. I cannot tell." "What do you want from me?" reywaS asked. "I have been search of my murderer, a demented hater of musicals," she said, "And having viewed these events these past nine nights, I believe you are connected with him." Then, without warning, Julie Andrews opened her pursed mouth and started to sing: "When Herman bites / When the Voice stings / When I'm feeling dead / I think of revenge and how good it would feel / To finally have your heads!" Then she vanished."

Day 10:
See Portal 3 above. This came at a perfect time for The Residents, as they could assign any person they wanted to the options (and had to) within 24 hours, and then could switch the lineup again up to twice before the end of the day period. Naturally, they wanted to get rid of reywaS/The Mysterious Voice, now that they knew it was him.

With S~V~S dead, negative votes were now shared by BoatsBoatsBoats, Boomslang, and DharmaHelper, so their votes were worth negative three each. And with Epignosis's 2x vote multiplier for all of his team, that's how reywaS died even though he began the lynch period with negative three votes against him due to his role. DisgruntledPorcupine joined him in death because the team automatically dies when The Mysterious Voice is eliminated.

Night 10:
Once again, everyone but The Residents is blocked due to Dom's Red Eyeball ability and flipping two heads once more. Didn't matter much at this point though, as The Residents began to solidify their win.

"DharmaHelper was distraught about suspecting Epignosis. He was so upset, that he thought he would give Epignosis a gift. As he was deciding what, however, he heard a loud ruckus, as though a room were being destroyed by a cyclone. Upon investigating, he soon found a disoriented Dom, hiding behind a piece of furniture and breathing heavily. "What happened?" DharmaHelper asked. "It was an eyeball!" Dom cried. "I think he was looking for something. He left just as quickly as he came in." "Don't worry," DharmaHelper said: "This will all be over soon enough.""

Day 11:
No more portals, so finally back to a regular lynch! Only the negative votes and 2x multipliers make it so that The Residents can essentially control it completely. Even though timmer receives nearly all of the votes, he receives negative nine votes combined from Boats, Boomslang, and DH, easily crafting his victory.

Night 11:
Boomslang dies and then is resurrected because he flipped heads and was able to resurrect himself.

As to the bombs, anyone who would have said 'No' would have exploded. Since literally everyone said 'Yes', no one died!

"Beer."

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, that's everything, and I just want to say it has been an absolute pleasure hosting all of you!

I very much appreciate the kind comments regarding the host posts and the participation from those who did so, and thanks to all of youfor making my game come to life. It was incredibly enjoyable! And most importantly, I hope all of you enjoyed it as much as I did. :)

I want to give a specific shout out to Boomslang, chaindeath, Devin the Omniscient, Mr. Droopy Cash, Captain Bunny Killer (while she was able to play), Epignosis, and any other complete or relative newbies who stuck it out. You all played wonderfully, seemed to definitely enjoy it, and I hope to see all of you in future games!

If you have any other questions that weren't covered by the Analysis, as I'm sure I missed something, I'll be here actively participating in the endgame discussion. Otherwise, talk away!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mind-blowing game with a lot of puzzles. Great work, host! :eye:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FYI all secrets have now been updated on the front page.

Also, there was one other mistake this game other than rabbit8 actually being frozen -- and that's that AceofSpaces was NKed and he never got to take anyone to the grave with him. I was thrown off in keeping track of everything else and didn't think to shoot him a reminder PM; I didn't notice until later that he never actually used his ability. Apologies to Aces there. I suppose it was use it or lose it!

All I have to say regarding this game's complexity in its roles is that I intend to NEVER make a game with this many incredibly complex roles in it again, lol. With trying to balance everything else in my life, it made for very meticulous tracking of information. That being said, I have no regrets and this was a fantastic game, so once again, thanks to all of you players!
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Congrats to a great team! Epig, BWT and Dom, you guys were great! CBK, I hope I made you proud in taking over! And Bea, I'm sorry we never got to actually be in the game together :hug:

Insane set-up, MP7!
My siggie.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I would like to know why the Residents killed me so early. I had just replaced in and was no threat - I didn't even have a handle on the game yet. MP great game!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Spacedaisy »

If anyone would be interested I can use a couple replacements in Sgt Pepper speed game...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

i have never been more confused in a game... ever :D

Good inaugural game, Alex! :fiesta:
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 99

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

LittleTiger wrote:i have never been more confused in a game... ever :D

Good inaugural game, Alex! :fiesta:
That's because if you had been on our team, it would have been a much clearer picture.

Congrats to Dom, timmer, and Epig! You guys deserved it and were awesome teammates! And extra credit to Rob/Epig, for taking a brand new, experimental role and pushing it as far as you could possibly go. You were awesome! :D
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official

Post by LittleTiger »

Oh yes, I totally forgot to say... Congrats to Epic, Dom, and Timmer! Well done sers! :mafia:
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Great game guys. :) It was a hard battle and I wasn't so sure we'd win. :blush:

Thanks to my awesome team with dealing with my crazy schedule.

And also thanks to Rey for taking what I did to him like a trooper :D I knew once he was gone we'd have the game pretty much wrapped up. I only wish BWT could've made it to the end with us. :)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

And Bea and Chaindeath too of course, but BWT was very helpful when we planned things out!
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 34

Post by Boomslang »

Well played, all. Almost made it to the end, but to no avail. :eye: get friggin 2x votes, how is that fair? Oh well, that's me being a sore loser :P
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You should've killed me. :D
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 170
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Good game, MP! I never had a clue what was going on, but I loved my power and the chaos it caused!!!
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Timmer was so bad it hurt. Even I could tell immediately after my death and I suck at that. xD Me and rey knew Dom was bad too. Epig I didn't know.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

I meant bad as in alignment btw. ;)
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

I did enjoy framing Epignosis though. Shame the votes got all kerfuffled.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Everyone should now go sign up for Epignosis's Masters of the Universe Mafia! It is going to be insanely epic, I know that much. And yours truly will be playing in it instead of hosting, which helps, yes, I know. :feb:

Boomslang wrote:Well played, all. Almost made it to the end, but to no avail. :eye: get friggin 2x votes, how is that fair? Oh well, that's me being a sore loser :P
I know, you did great!

It was weird because both timmer and Epignosis's roles were dangerous ones to have around for a while and they both lasted until the end. I didn't think that amount of vote manipulation would likely be thrown around in endgame when I created them, but they both played well. It was funny to see Epignosis push his agenda from what was in the night posts, lol, and then the Cyan Book died with Kate so timmer and Epignosis's roles didn't end up getting revealed.

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I did enjoy framing Epignosis though. Shame the votes got all kerfuffled.
This was amusing; I thought Epignosis was going to die, several times. The votes saved him and he came so close to dying by Illyria/Moondog but she flipped two tails.

You and rey did awesome, I thought for a while there it was going to be a showdown between Residents and Duo after Ziltoid's team kind of died off (they did well for the first 4 days), but then BWT killed himself and I was like, uh oh, lol.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Post by S~V~S »

I am soooooo proud of Boats that he made it to the end :D

I knew Timmer was bad when he kept trying to go after Boats, lol~

Congrats Residents, well played indeed :feb:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Everyone should now go sign up for Epignosis's Masters of the Universe Mafia! It is going to be insanely epic, I know that much. And yours truly will be playing in it instead of hosting, which helps, yes, I know. :feb:

Boomslang wrote:Well played, all. Almost made it to the end, but to no avail. :eye: get friggin 2x votes, how is that fair? Oh well, that's me being a sore loser :P
I know, you did great!

It was weird because both timmer and Epignosis's roles were dangerous ones to have around for a while and they both lasted until the end. I didn't think that amount of vote manipulation would likely be thrown around in endgame when I created them, but they both played well. It was funny to see Epignosis push his agenda from what was in the night posts, lol, and then the Cyan Book died with Kate so timmer and Epignosis's roles didn't end up getting revealed.

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:I did enjoy framing Epignosis though. Shame the votes got all kerfuffled.
This was amusing; I thought Epignosis was going to die, several times. The votes saved him and he came so close to dying by Illyria/Moondog but she flipped two tails.

You and rey did awesome, I thought for a while there it was going to be a showdown between Residents and Duo after Ziltoid's team kind of died off (they did well for the first 4 days), but then BWT killed himself and I was like, uh oh, lol.
I honestly think the highlight for me was the feud between DH and me on who was Herman. I used the information I had in order to narrow it down, but sending bwt to execute rey really sealed the deal for us. He served his purpose well. :slick:
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

S~V~S wrote:I knew Timmer was bad when he kept trying to go after Boats, lol~
I hate to sound no-uey here, but him suspecting me made me feel he was bad. :P Idk why, but his suspicion seemed incredibly contrived. Then his one post about me after I died where he said I screamed baddie all game, yeah I had a great feeling he was just milking the fact he was right. :D

In any case, I feel the fact me and rey got defeated could have been prevented if I thought to forgo the kill some nights when the books came along just in case. It crossed my mind, but why I didn't bring it up or do it I'll never know.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I knew Timmer was bad when he kept trying to go after Boats, lol~
I hate to sound no-uey here, but him suspecting me made me feel he was bad. :P Idk why, but his suspicion seemed incredibly contrived. Then his one post about me after I died where he said I screamed baddie all game, yeah I had a great feeling he was just milking the fact he was right. :D

In any case, I feel the fact me and rey got defeated could have been prevented if I thought to forgo the kill some nights when the books came along just in case. It crossed my mind, but why I didn't bring it up or do it I'll never know.
Or
Epignosis wrote:You should've killed me. :D
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

No we shouldn't have. You were the only thing distracting from people lynching me! xD
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

Unfortunately for you, I figured you both out! ;)
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

SONOFAWHORE.

Epi, I KNEW you were evil I KNEWIT. If my kill had gone through this would have been a very different game. :WTF:

Dom, you I was not sure of until the last day you were making me wonder.

Well done ya'll, and MP I have NO IDEA how you kept all of that straight. Madness, sheer and utter madness.

I have to go and see if I was right about anyone at all. Ever. I may have to retire after this game, you ruined me MP. Ruined me I say! :biggrin:his

also, why in this section of the forum is the skin different? I set it to not the forum staandard (it makes my eyes hurt) and when I went looking for the game (wow did that get moved quickly!) this is the dark skin? Shouldn't my preferences work for the whole board? :ponder:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Illyria wrote:
also, why in this section of the forum is the skin different? I set it to not the forum staandard (it makes my eyes hurt) and when I went looking for the game (wow did that get moved quickly!) this is the dark skin? Shouldn't my preferences work for the whole board? :ponder:
That's my fault; I accidentally set this new sub-forum to Lucid Lime overriding default. It should be fixed now.
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

Thank you! Also...
He then transformed again into the figure of Roger Waters and spat in Illyria's face. "Sorry, I had to. I always wanted to do this for some reason..."
What was THAT about MP?? :eek: :evileye: :(
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dom wrote:I only wish BWT could've made it to the end with us. :)
I probably would have if I hadn't targeted rey for that kill. :haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Illyria wrote:Thank you! Also...
He then transformed again into the figure of Roger Waters and spat in Illyria's face. "Sorry, I had to. I always wanted to do this for some reason..."
What was THAT about MP?? :eek: :evileye: :(
Roger Waters from Pink Floyd. There is, depending on your source, at least one story of him during the tour of The Wall, spitting in the face of an audience member.

Don't take it personally, lol.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Ultimately, Epig was right. Me targeting rey for that kill was the safest bet, since I was a vanilla baddie and we wouldn't lose our lynch/vote manipulation powers if something happened to me.

Seriously though, outside of Electronic Mafia, I think that was the best BTSC I've ever had. It's a shame I didn't get to spend any time with chaindeath or bea. :(
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 207

Post by S~V~S »

You have the best baddies, MP. have civvies ever won one of your games, lol?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:You have the best baddies, MP. have civvies ever won one of your games, lol?
You know, I've never thought about that... Nope, never. A baddie or independent team has won every single one, lol.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Well I guess Avant-Garde 1 doesn't count since there were no civs or baddies. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Well I guess Avant-Garde 1 doesn't count since there were no civs or baddies. :P
Lol, that's true!

Return to “Previous Jobs”