Total votes: 15
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Re: Day 3 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Paul Stevens »

Black Rock 2 wrote:
Synonym 2 wrote:
Black Rock 2 wrote:Welcome back and congrats on your rezz Golden 2, assuming of course that you are good. I'll be gone to see about the horses part of the day tomorrow but will be back in plenty of time for discussion.
What do you mean "assuming of course that you are good" he is writeup mod-confirmed as town are you serious

BR2 slipping into my scum reads.
What do you mean he is write-up mod-confirmed as town? You mean because his role was revealed as town? Wasn't there conversation earlier in the game about there being a possible seemer in this game because it was in the host survey? Personally, I will have some doubt about any death that is a civ death because of that risk. Something I learned from past mafia playing.
This may be what BR was talking about.
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 60

Re: Night 4 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Sockys2023 »

Golden 2 wrote:I've done everything to lynch "BR" except fucking up the button press. Tell me who that's anything but idiotic, if I'm the seemer, aware of "BR" being genuine.
I was a North American Fall Webworm in my former life. Those were the good old days........

What were you in your former life?
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Day 4 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Paul Stevens »

Also, this post from Golden which was a reaction to BR's death/flip. Unless there is more than one tracker, he couldn't be the real one. A seemer faking as tracker may have forgotten the role they were faking. I'll give this some thought tonight.
Golden 2 wrote:what the what

RIP though, "BR"/jules. I technically voted you, so sorry.

linki - yeah dog, I slipped. "Bass" is literally one place above.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Saito »

The argument that Golden didn't lynch Black Rock and accidentally voted Bass makes little sense. We didn't get a list of which mafia was on her lynch or anything like that. This argument seems to be reaching especially since Golden said he would vote for her.

I'm weighing why if mafia he would purposely do this and it doesn't make much sense. Know without being able to info/role reveal in this game, golden could be the seemer but unless the mafia have a revive ability as well it would make little sense. Unless we are saying a civ revived him by accident and he was a mafia member?

I will consider this Golden thing but I don't believe he voted for Bass on accident. Interestingly also is Synonym 2 response to Black Rock in the post Dom quoted.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Jack Shephard »

Sig 2 wrote:You waited util the end, you easily could have asked the hosts in PM if a "blown" vote could be changed in thread. You EASILY could have known Roxy would say no before doing it.

A seemer is RANDOMLY assigned a different role upon death. The level of coincidence here is astounding.

I mean, go ahead and make your case to the others, but I'm not buying it.
I voted at the end of the period in which I managed to do reads on players and decide on a vote. It's clear on paper. The only question I addressed the Hosts was in the open, right after I blew the vote, you're the one easily adding "coulda/woulda" to what happened. I wanted to correct my vote on "BR", if possible, as soon as possible, I didn't act like slipping Jimmy.

How do you know seemers are randomly assigned in this setup? Did you clarify this with the Hosts first?

Here, I'll be even more suicidal:

HOSTS how are seemers designed? Do they get assigned different random roles upon flip?
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Epignosis 2 wrote:The argument that Golden didn't lynch Black Rock and accidentally voted Bass makes little sense. We didn't get a list of which mafia was on her lynch or anything like that. This argument seems to be reaching especially since Golden said he would vote for her.

I'm weighing why if mafia he would purposely do this and it doesn't make much sense. Know without being able to info/role reveal in this game, golden could be the seemer but unless the mafia have a revive ability as well it would make little sense. Unless we are saying a civ revived him by accident and he was a mafia member?

I will consider this Golden thing but I don't believe he voted for Bass on accident. Interestingly also is Synonym 2 response to Black Rock in the post Dom quoted.
I was of a similar mindset as Synonym in that I assumed Golden was civilian.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Golden 2 wrote:
Sig 2 wrote:You waited util the end, you easily could have asked the hosts in PM if a "blown" vote could be changed in thread. You EASILY could have known Roxy would say no before doing it.

A seemer is RANDOMLY assigned a different role upon death. The level of coincidence here is astounding.

I voted at the end of the period in which I managed to do reads on players and decide on a vote. It's clear on paper. The only question I addressed the Hosts was in the open, right after I blew the vote, you're the one easily adding "coulda/woulda" to what happened. I wanted to correct my vote on "BR", if possible, as soon as possible, I didn't act like slipping Jimmy.

How do you know seemers are randomly assigned in this setup? Did you clarify this with the Hosts first?

HOSTS how are seemers designed? Do they get assigned different random roles upon flip?
No more questions. We have Rosemary.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Whether or not Golden voted Bass on purpose, I think there is other evidence to look at that is less touch-and-go.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

boo 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:

Keep inserting Metal Gear quotes ad infinitum, as if I was clueless the first time you did it.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Golden 2 wrote:
boo 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:

Keep inserting Metal Gear quotes ad infinitum, as if I was clueless the first time you did it.
They were never meant for you specifically.

But it seems that people are rather slow on the draw. So I'm about done here.

Kill me whenever you see fit.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 82

Post by fingersplints »

Regeneration

She touched the cold, blue doors of the abandoned police box and sighed. It'd been a long time since anyone entered this door. It was all so sad. She'd heard "I don't want to go." were the last words he ever spoke. A tear rolled down her cheek as she entered the Tardis.

Someone had laid his body out on the table. The Doctor was dressed in his favorite suit. She just couldn't believe his funeral was tomorrow. She reached into her purse for a tissue, the tears gently dropping on the doctor as she wept. Suddenly, fire and light erupted from his head, arms, and legs if energy was being poured out of him. She stumbled backwards terrified, knocking the sonic screwdriver to the floor in the process. She screamed and ran from the Tardis.

"It's ok! I'm…. fine." Everything died down as abruptly as it started. And in the place of a dead Doctor was a very much alive Gamer Guy 2.

Gamer Guy 2 has been resurrected.
Gro-oo-ovy
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Welcome back Gamer Guy that is not the real gamer guy but actually a doctor.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Golden 2 wrote: HOSTS how are seemers designed? Do they get assigned different random roles upon flip?

They pick their own
;)
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Roxy wrote:
Golden 2 wrote: HOSTS how are seemers designed? Do they get assigned different random roles upon flip?
They pick their own
Boom. So much for "astounding coincidence", hmm?

Treat me and "BR" on the same page. One of us chose the tracker as a fake flip. Judge which one, that's all I'm asking.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Good to see you back, "TGG"!
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 111

Post by NurseWilgy »

What the flock is going on??
RIP BR I think?
WB Gamer Guy 2 I think?
BIH Golden I think?

To answer the most important question: quadrupeds can type exactly how you think they can.

:dark: very carefully..

I will be judging each of you for how you vote tonight.

And I will speak for all mammals and life forms when I say: fuck seemers. :srsnod:
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Snapshot »

Golden 2 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
They pick their own

Treat me and "BR" on the same page. One of us chose the tracker as a fake flip. Judge which one, that's all I'm asking.
Interesting, I've never seen that... I withdraw my comments until I've got time to reflect properly on this.
Reporting
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Golden 2 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
They pick their own

Something tells me Golden tracked you Night 3 and learned that you didn't go anywhere.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

EBWOP: Did I say Golden? I meant juliets/BR 2.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Ricochet 2 wrote:I've just read through the posts of the people I suspect the most, here are my thoughts:

Boo - often feels like he is jumping to conclusions on mechanics to suit a particular perspective, but the thing that stands out most for me is how much emphasis he placed on golden not being NKed night 3 when he was night 2 and it would be double targetting. Immediately this seemed to me like a slip - genuine baddie hunting while part of a second baddie team who knew they had the kill the night before and double targetting wouldn't apply. Boo, do you have any response to this?

MM - had begun to contribute, has talked only really about LC and synonym so far in the game. I still think MM has done quite a bit of hiding behind the sock and hasn't really come to the party with much more yet. Llama also pointed out a case of soft defending LC. MM, who else have you got opinions about?
I'm pretty frustrated, if I'm honest with you.

I have, continuously been told I am not participating, that I'm not doing enough, and that I'm not playing. I have posted, I have played, and NOW people are ignoring me.
So honestly, I'm pretty mad.

I'm at a point where it's hard to even care because no one takes what I have to say seriously, but the second Dom says it, it's apparently worth discussion.

So, Rico, I don't know who I suspect beyond Synonym because I'm pretty peeved. I would say Cookie is worth a looksie. I'm nto sure I understand this Golden/BR dichotomy.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Metalmarsh 2 wrote:
Ricochet 2 wrote:I've just read through the posts of the people I suspect the most, here are my thoughts:

Boo - often feels like he is jumping to conclusions on mechanics to suit a particular perspective, but the thing that stands out most for me is how much emphasis he placed on golden not being NKed night 3 when he was night 2 and it would be double targetting. Immediately this seemed to me like a slip - genuine baddie hunting while part of a second baddie team who knew they had the kill the night before and double targetting wouldn't apply. Boo, do you have any response to this?

MM - had begun to contribute, has talked only really about LC and synonym so far in the game. I still think MM has done quite a bit of hiding behind the sock and hasn't really come to the party with much more yet. Llama also pointed out a case of soft defending LC. MM, who else have you got opinions about?
I'm pretty frustrated, if I'm honest with you.

I have, continuously been told I am not participating, that I'm not doing enough, and that I'm not playing. I have posted, I have played, and NOW people are ignoring me.
So honestly, I'm pretty mad.

I'm at a point where it's hard to even care because no one takes what I have to say seriously, but the second Dom says it, it's apparently worth discussion.

So, Rico, I don't know who I suspect beyond Synonym because I'm pretty peeved. I would say Cookie is worth a looksie. I'm nto sure I understand this Golden/BR dichotomy.
Don't be discouraged, MetalMarmot! I'm listening to you, and read you as genuine and probably civ.
lipsticklacey wrote:In her next post, after being challenged on the statement, she refers back to the seemer discussion, and some vague statements about past games. I don't trust these two posts, because immediately making a challenge to a confirmed civilian that gets resurrected at this point, because there may be a seemer in the game, does not seem well thought out. If there is a seemer in the game, and the seemer is Golden 2, then that means there is a tracker in the game that Golden 2 used the identity of. Since we learn the role of anyone who is killed, with the exception of mod-kills, it would make sense to me that this is an issue we can wait and see on, since either the real tracker will be killed, and we'll need to decide if we think that person or Golden 2 is a seemer, or the real tracker will eventually speak up and make a real attempt at getting Golden 2 killed. We can wait and see on this subject. I never suggested we couldn't. There is no other way to prove there is a seemer. I doubt seriously the real tracker would speak up though as it would put a target on their head.
Black Rock's reaction immediately after Golden is rezzed:
Black Rock 2 wrote:Welcome back and congrats on your rezz Golden 2, assuming of course that you are good. I'll be gone to see about the horses part of the day tomorrow but will be back in plenty of time for discussion.
Black Rock 2 wrote:
Synonym 2 wrote:What do you mean "assuming of course that you are good" he is writeup mod-confirmed as town are you serious

BR2 slipping into my scum reads.
What do you mean he is write-up mod-confirmed as town? You mean because his role was revealed as town? Wasn't there conversation earlier in the game about there being a possible seemer in this game because it was in the host survey? Personally, I will have some doubt about any death that is a civ death because of that risk. Something I learned from past mafia playing.
These posts drip with subtle condemnation. If Black Rock were bad, she would have been planning to seem as the civ tracker since two cycles ago. And to commit Suppoku over this point would be a stretch at best. I don't buy it.

Golden is bad. :P

On top of this, Golden asking the host about the seemer functionality is a straw man argument. That the seemer may choose the role they wish to appear as does nothing to sway me.

Syn's stalwart defense to BR's doubting of Golden's golden goodness is another mark against him.

Both Golden and Syn should be thrown to the lions next. Can we make it so? :cloud9:

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Dom 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
They pick their own

Something tells me Golden tracked you Night 3 and learned that you didn't go anywhere.
Go where? I don't follow.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

"Llama", put everything you said under Mafia killed me, saw their efforts cancelled by the rezzer and quicly put their seemer to work.

I don't get the "she would have faked her civ tracking earlier if bad". "BR" the first was inactive/dormant right about until I died. Furthermore, isn't the fact that she didn't show any civ tracking hints prior a sign that, in fact, she started cooking that after my rezz?

Also, I didn't ask the Host seemer functionality details, as much as clarification/confirmation at a point where "Sig" said it works randomly.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Get your Night Actions PM'ed to BOTH Hostesses by 5;30 PM EDT.
about 10 1/2 hours from now.

Impossible Trivia - Reeses Cup Edition sometime today!
;)
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden 2 wrote:
Dom 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
They pick their own

A seemer would not go anywhere at night. A tracker would.

I don't expect you to have a defense against such a statement, but I want to discuss the possibility with other players.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Shitmuffins

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Dom 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
They pick their own

I don't expect you to have a defense against such a statement, but I want to discuss the possibility with other players.
There isn't a defense against such a statement, because the angle is misconstrued. "BR" faked her tracker flip, so she couldn't have learned anything about me from a power she doesn't actually have. Stop trying to entrap me with slang.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Dom 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
They pick their own

I would suggest you change your sock-skin so that this sort of thing doesn't happen in the future. :suspish:
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

The issue I'm seeing with Golden being mafia is why would they kill him? Black Rock 2 was being considered as suspicious for awhile, she was going to get lynched at some point maybe this was a set up. The other option is that if there is a vigilante then they killed Golden 2 and it wasn't the mafia. This then brings up his revival, was the a misused civ power or a mafia ability? Assuming Golden is mafia that is.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Epi 2's avatar NEVER gets old

;)
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Epignosis 2 wrote:The issue I'm seeing with Golden being mafia is why would they kill him? Black Rock 2 was being considered as suspicious for awhile, she was going to get lynched at some point maybe this was a set up. The other option is that if there is a vigilante then they killed Golden 2 and it wasn't the mafia. This then brings up his revival, was the a misused civ power or a mafia ability? Assuming Golden is mafia that is.
Hmm I do see what you mean. The wrinkle in the equation is the recent revival of Dom. Would mafia have 2+ stocks of revival? That would be quite OP. OP I say!

If Golden really were the tracker, this would give credence to both his and Wilgy's revival. The more likely scenario is the civ ability to revive every even day.

Black Rock's predecessor not being active on night 1 fits with my theory of mafia being mostly inactive on night 1. I question why she chose the tracker instead of the doctor to emulate. Otherwise, I must admit Golden does bring up some good points on the matter. What other job would a seemer have? Sacrificing herself to "benefit" civs when getting a little flak is a clever strategy, but also inherently lacking if her goal was to only shed light on Golden. Tracker could be that much more useful later on than just a one-time reveal.

ImageImageImage
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

"I question why she chose the tracker instead of the doctor to emulate."

"TGG"/Wilgy got lynched on Day 2 due to the Mafia's lynch switch and flipped doctor. There's less to gain from emulating a dead (at that time) player's role, that they used a switch on to kill (and save their own), in order to try to frame Wilgy as the seemer.

I was killed on Night 2 by the Mafia, flipped tracker and then got rezzed. There's everything to gain by having their seemer start beaming fake signals right away, beg for lynch when the vote train on him happened to gain enough traction [notice how her Day 3-Day 4 game evolved from quick comment on my rezz, then engaging in reads to bury her initial impulse, doing very little to defend midway through when players were reading her bad, culminating the reads in a post-by-freaking-post ISO on "Cookie" only to spot that she has enough votes already and resume the initial plan], manually set the seeming to tracker and get me framed for being the seemer.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Sorry for being absent all day, it's been a crazy weekend. I should be around to catch back up on Monday though.
Supervisor
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Llama 2 wrote:
Epignosis 2 wrote:The issue I'm seeing with Golden being mafia is why would they kill him? Black Rock 2 was being considered as suspicious for awhile, she was going to get lynched at some point maybe this was a set up. The other option is that if there is a vigilante then they killed Golden 2 and it wasn't the mafia. This then brings up his revival, was the a misused civ power or a mafia ability? Assuming Golden is mafia that is.
Hmm I do see what you mean. The wrinkle in the equation is the recent revival of Dom. Would mafia have 2+ stocks of revival? That would be quite OP. OP I say!

If Golden really were the tracker, this would give credence to both his and Wilgy's revival. The more likely scenario is the civ ability to revive every even day.

Black Rock's predecessor not being active on night 1 fits with my theory of mafia being mostly inactive on night 1. I question why she chose the tracker instead of the doctor to emulate. Otherwise, I must admit Golden does bring up some good points on the matter. What other job would a seemer have? Sacrificing herself to "benefit" civs when getting a little flak is a clever strategy, but also inherently lacking if her goal was to only shed light on Golden. Tracker could be that much more useful later on than just a one-time reveal.
You think the mafia having 2 ressed would be OP, but a civ ressed being able to do it every even night is plausible? That seems even more OP to me.

I don't think Golden 2 was ressed by the civ resser, and I think the doctor was immediately brought back by the civ resser when they saw the lynch result because they wanted to make it clear Golden 2 was not their work.

Typically, the civ resser only gets to use the power once, and it is anytime. Your theory that they can res every even night makes no sense for a few reasons, besides just being crazy powerful because: Golden 2 was not ressed at night, so a civ resser who can only res on an even night could not have brought him back; and because if it is a night only power, it should not go through immediately like it did for GG2, but in the night post, because it should be open to be roleblocked or misdirected, or other similar powers.

So, I think Golden 2 or a potential teammate won a prize that allowed them to res him. Or, and I kind of have an easier time believing this, because it seems a little early in the game to have given out a res as a prize, he is an independent, who has the power of a seemer, and at least 1 auto-res.
dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Yes, "Lipsticklacey", me and the Mafia fooled around with a kill, a seemer flip AND a rezz, wasting all three (the kill of that phase on a teammate, the seemer flip by exposing myself in the eyes of the real roles and the rezz as a power) as early as the second Night. Makes total sense. :rolleyes:

You are correct that rezzes are usually one time use and can be submitted at any time. I tend to believe I was rezzed as soon as the civ rezzer was displeased with my death. "TGG"'s ressurection seems to be at the hands of someone else, but I don't imagine anybody except a civ making use of that, as well.

I did not win any prize whatsoever so far, except for the Day 3 wear-a-labcoat thing. I believe you are aware what kind of prizes (or losses) those contests offer.

Also, your last theory is in dissonance with disbelieving, at the beginning of your post, that OP roles would exist: so I'm indy, seemer AND have an auto-rezz. What am I, a broken anime character?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Golden 2 wrote:Yes, "Lipsticklacey", me and the Mafia fooled around with a kill, a seemer flip AND a rezz, wasting all three (the kill of that phase on a teammate, the seemer flip by exposing myself in the eyes of the real roles and the rezz as a power) as early as the second Night. Makes total sense. :rolleyes:

You are correct that rezzes are usually one time use and can be submitted at any time. I tend to believe I was rezzed as soon as the civ rezzer was displeased with my death. "TGG"'s ressurection seems to be at the hands of someone else, but I don't imagine anybody except a civ making use of that, as well.

I did not win any prize whatsoever so far, except for the Day 3 wear-a-labcoat thing. I believe you are aware what kind of prizes (or losses) those contests offer.

Also, your last theory is in dissonance with disbelieving, at the beginning of your post, that OP roles would exist: so I'm indy, seemer AND have an auto-rezz. What am I, a broken anime character?
Nah, just a really lucky power sponge.

@Hostesses: could a role with a res available to them use the res on the self if they were killed?
dunya
Turnip Head
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:@Hostesses: could a role with a res available to them use the res on the self if they were killed?
Yes
Gro-oo-ovy
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Llama 2 wrote:

You think the mafia having 2 ressed would be OP, but a civ ressed being able to do it every even night is plausible? That seems even more OP to me.

I don't think Golden 2 was ressed by the civ resser, and I think the doctor was immediately brought back by the civ resser when they saw the lynch result because they wanted to make it clear Golden 2 was not their work.

Typically, the civ resser only gets to use the power once, and it is anytime. Your theory that they can res every even night makes no sense for a few reasons, besides just being crazy powerful because: Golden 2 was not ressed at night, so a civ resser who can only res on an even night could not have brought him back; and because if it is a night only power, it should not go through immediately like it did for GG2, but in the night post, because it should be open to be roleblocked or misdirected, or other similar powers.

So, I think Golden 2 or a potential teammate won a prize that allowed them to res him. Or, and I kind of have an easier time believing this, because it seems a little early in the game to have given out a res as a prize, he is an independent, who has the power of a seemer, and at least 1 auto-res.
Oh, hey, thought you might be looking for this:

Looked like you needed a little help with your REACHING. :haha:
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Lunatella »

I don't agree with the accusation that Golden 2 voted me to avoid Black Rock 2 being lynched. It was much more likely an error than an attempt to extremely slightly influence the vote away from Black Rock 2.

I'm unfamiliar with how roles are commonly distributed on this site, so I'll leave the theorycrafting of "would Mafia have X, Y, and Z roles?" to others.

MM2 I'm sorry that you feel ignored. I'll start looking back through your posts to more accurately assess if you're speaking sense, if I believe you're clean, and in general what topics you like talking about. I enjoy how easy it is to ISO, makes it really easy to collect players' post histories, even if they're attempting to hide behind everyone else's discussions.
Lunalee
nutella
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Rachel Green »

Voted clue.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Celeste »

I picked Frisky Dingo. Looks funny.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Epignosis »

One of these things is not like the other.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Snapshot »

Confused Sig is confused.
Reporting
Roxy
Hitman

Re: Day 5 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Roxy »

Celestial Circus People

With the dastardly killer Long Con 2 finally taken care of, the once-great city of Chicago was ready to begin its healing process. Chinatown was decimated, with many proud ancestral families uprooted, perhaps never to return. The many remaining civilians were exhausted, disoriented and confused, but at least they were alive. If the city could recover after Mrs. O'Leary's Cow, it could recover from this too. They had planned a great celebration around their local circus - Celestial Circus.

Timmer was one of those proud citizens of Chicago. He worked for the Celestial Circus for over 10 years now and was proud of his heritage and his Circus family. He was looking forward to giving the performance of a lifetime to cheer everyone on in their quest to find the rest of the wickedly evil people that were killing ancestral families.

Someone else had something quite different lined up for that excited Trapeze man Timmer.

The music and laughter were all the encouragement Timmer needed to begin his daring routine on the flying trapeze. He flipped and grabbed. He contorted his body and continued to swing and flip. Back and forth. He felt a little give begin just before he grabbed the other swinging trapeze. He turned upside down and swang back to the other trapeze. No sooner was his entire weight on the trapeze when the whole thing went crashing to the ground, himself included.

He realized at once he was not dead. But when he tried to speak one of the famn clowns squirted him in the face with raspberry jelly.

As he lifted his hand to get attention an elephant stomped down on his body with a crushing force just below his belly button. He was still alive. He could not believe his good fortune.

As the Lion Tamer ran to his aid he thought he was saved. Too bad the Lion Tamer had not looked after his lion because the lion went for an instant kill on Timmer by biting down with a lethal force. Blood gushed and spurted all around him as he finally closed his eyes and death took away his last breath.

Timmer 2 has fallen 50 feet, was squirted, stomped and eaten to death. He was thellama73 your Civvie Ninja.

It is now Day 5 do what you have to do!
;)
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Any idea what the Ninja role might be?

I remember Timmer being quite sure of a Synonyms 2 lynch, without giving much information on it. Besides thatnot much looking over past posts.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

RIP "Timmer" / llama.

Ninja stands for ninja civ, a civ with a kill. Might also be better known as the vigilante on other boards.

Unfortunately, that doesn't imply "Timmer" had any real info on "Syn".
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Anyway, not that I'm not expecting a cascade of unflinching votes down my path, but should you take more time and you still want to think it through first, I'll be here to talk. Don't go wasting another cycle of civ deaths (mine and likely another victim the following Night), just because "BR"'s flip gets automatic credence. It doesn't. Think of what I said below. Don't be blind to my previous posts, read 'em, interpret 'em.
Golden 2 wrote:
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Someone wrote:If we cannot figure out the Golden thing, I think a Syn lynch is a good idea as an alternative.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Re: TSM Polls

Post by Roxy »

;)
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Ah unfortunately this doesn't help us much, but at this point I would rather lynch Synonyms 2 then Golden 2.

Return to “Previous Jobs”