Lady Godiva(HOST/DEAD/NON)
71%

Total votes: 14
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 82

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Sorsha »

I don't have time to catch up. From where I left off last time I was most pinged by matt. I'll vote there
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Matt »

Gaaah I need more Enrique votes!

Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you are my only hope!
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I'm sad :scared:
Image Image Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 49
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Late night at work and I have to Skype the fiancee about our Seattle trip that starts tomorrow. Sorry for the flyby vote.

Going with MP, because he's bad to the bone. :srsnod:

How's that for baddie distancing, Mac?
An elaboration when you have the opportunity would be nice, Russ.
Not much to it, really. You're a troublesome sort, and it's a Day 1 vote. I had like 3 minutes and didn't know if I'd be back before the deadline.

For what it's worth, Enrique looks worse than Matt to me. But if I'm being honest, that's probably almost entirely because he voted me and Matt didn't, so my thoughts there might not be worth much.

Linki: Sorry Matt!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 221

Post by DharmaHelper »

I am literally moments away from the end of Fallout 4 but instead I'm here waiting for the poll to close.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Enrique »

Black Rock wrote:
Enrique wrote:MP, I think it was a combination of the copious spoiler tags, quotes, and colored responses. All I know is that last night I found it impossible to read. I don't usually have that problem so maybe it was all on my end, but man I am not kidding it made my head hurt.

I think Matt denying any Death Star intel is just him backpedaling. I mean, seriously, nobody was ever gonna forget how badly he pushed for it.

Let me explain the Russ thing to you (I sort of already did but this is more to the point): his idea to vote for Tattooine to find out Jabba's plans sounds absolutely insane and like total bullshit, like a really poorly thought excuse to justify his vote. Knowing Tattooine is a base for everyone but the civvies, you choose to go there? Even Death Star voters didn't try to validate their vote with "we can find some stuff out," it just strikes me as complete nonsense reasoning.

I specifically had some issues with your responses to Mac (I might get to that later, can't remember specifics), your reluctance to understand what's wrong with Russ, and mostly I was annoyed that post was so much trouble for practically nothing I could agree with. Maybe it's a playstyle thing. Maybe we have different perspectives based on in-game factors. I have no clue, but the point is, we're not currently on the same wavelength. It's something I find happens a lot before my instincts really kick in. I'm more inclined to trust some people over others (I don't think I've EVER thought of Canuck as a baddie. I kept telling my team in Monty Python she was the last civvie. I'm still not over that betrayal of trust).

MP, BR, and Dom (I'm still waiting for him to throw his hat in this one :p) are players that I remember having trouble seeing eye to eye with in my last few games. They absolutely got me in Dr. Who (probably my worst mafia performance ever tbh), but even then it just seemed like a rehash of Monty Python.
I'm sorry, if I hadn't already had a ping on you this last line would have done me in. I feel like you're saying that the suspicion I have on you is based on you being bad in recent games I have played with you.

omg, that sentence is bad... but it is staying.
Well, kind of? I mean, if you didn't play MP, then (before this game) you couldn't have played with me as a civvie since Piano was a thing, and I was already semi-retired by the time the site died. I'm awful with dates, but what's that, like 2012? I don't think I used to play like this at all (good or bad), but then again, I barely remember what games I played there.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 816

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:Even though I noted the civ side I was seeing to Matt, I don't really have a problem voting for him. Indeed, it seems like he or Enrique will be lynched, and I feel better about a Matt vote than an Enrique vote. I don't think Bass will be lynched.

So, voting Matt.
You and zebra would have been 2 votes; why not campaign for more?
Four reasons:

1) campaigning to lynch someone who currently has zero votes with twenty minutes to go is rarely successful. I can't remember when it has been.
2) I'm happy with a Matt F lynch
3) My above point about forgetting DH had made a POST saying the day was 48 hours from that post, although I went back and checked afterwards and the poll is correct anyway. DH just freaked me out with that host post just before.
4) I didn't want to be the last Alderaan voter to vote.

linki @Matt - no. I never went in to the specifics. Like I said, you don't get to demand that I'm supatown and dictate how I present my suspicions. I didn't like the approach you took to me at all. I found the ENTIRE POSTS disingenuous. They read entirely falsely to me, like you were making reads for the sake of making reads. Not like the Matt F I'm used to at all.
Fair enough, I don't blame you. I still don't regret my Bass vote, though.
Matt F wrote: Linki - Zebra, I don't suppose there's a chance you will vote Enrique? :grin:
Matt F wrote:Gaaaah! Someone help me! Lynch stop! Lynch switch! Vote Enrique!

:omg:

Linki Okay really Zeebs? :faint: Put your money where your mouth is and vote for me.
Hahahaha what blatant hypocrisy. Now I'm especially glad I voted for Bass instead of Enrique. :haha:
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Russ was my original ping and I still don't like the post I have previously spoken of. I am not sure I like the Matt F vote either but, their cannot be a tie...
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Zebra - You above all others made a huge deal about me being scum, and you didn't vote for me. That says it all. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Am...am I finally actually literally caught up??? DIOS MIO
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Matt F wrote:Zebra - You above all others made a huge deal about me being scum, and you didn't vote for me. That says it all. :beer:
Try not to forget this, folks. For real.
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 153

Post by sig »

DharmaHelper wrote:I am literally moments away from the end of Fallout 4 but instead I'm here waiting for the poll to close.
I'm only about 19 hours away until I can start playing Fallout 4, stupid internet :P
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt F wrote:Zebra - You above all others made a huge deal about me being scum, and you didn't vote for me. That says it all. :beer:
This post says it all regarding your complete failure to read anything I have to say that doesn't suit your hokey narrative. I backed off from voting for you because too many of the votes on your lynch I find concerning. You never responded to any of my questions or any of my concerns and upon reading my case you only focused on my Death Star quotes when I was clearly just having fun with them and it meant nothing to your alignment. And then for each and every post you made addressing me since that case you act like I haven't addressed your questions.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Matt F wrote:
Try not to forget this, folks. For real.
Half the people who have voted for you haven't even read the thread... :disappoint:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Yeah okay Zeebs. If it wasn't for your tunneling of me, I doubt I would be lynched today. And then you don't even vote for me. Again, that says it all. Don't forget, folks. :beer:

Linki - Right Bc? :disappoint:
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

1) campaigning to lynch someone who currently has zero votes with twenty minutes to go is rarely successful. I can't remember when it has been.
Snow Dog. neva 4get.

(I think it turned out to be led by civvies, but even then it was hella convenient and looked awfully coordinated. I'd be worried if I saw something like that happen again.)
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 461

Post by Golden »

I never much like votes that are off the viable lynch options. At this point, it seems to me that only votes for Matt or Enrique are meaningful. But I guess some people may have sold their votes.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

You have votes from Dom (5), Roxy (7), Glorfindel (13), Dragon D. Luffy (14), nijuukyugou (15), Golden (18), Sorsha (22) as of right now.

Of those only 2 have actually read the thread. There has been little to no activity from Dom (5), Roxy (7), Glorfindel (13), nijuukyugou (15), or Sorsha (22).
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

The poll is closed. Death awaits. Good luck town :beer:
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Poll has ended. Post will be up after I have sorted some of the grunt work.

ImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Do we have eight players who haven't voted yet?

I'm not happy with this Matt lynch, I don't like many of the reasons for voting Matt, and I also don't like that we have a few players who scattered their votes, especially if these people don't think Matt is scum.
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DharmaHelper wrote:Poll has ended. Post will be up after I have sorted some of the grunt work.
Which obvi includes a lynch switch to Zebra or Dom? :workit:
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

What an unfortunate voter turn-out.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You say "tunneling" yet I provided a number of specific (in fact more specific than normal for me) reasons why I felt you were bad and you didn't respond to a SINGLE one of them, instead focusing on the Death Star pretending that was the only thing I mentioned. I already said why I haven't voted for you so feel free to ignore that as well.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Consider it ignored. And don't forget Zebra didn't vote for me, folks, despite me being her biggest scum read. :haha:
Image Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Re: STAR WARS Mafia [POLLS]

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Are we allowed to still post during the night phase?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Epignosis »

bcornett24 wrote:Are we allowed to still post during the night phase?
If you wish.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Okay RYM has this thing where sometimes we can other times we can't depending on the game setup; just wanted to be sure.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Episode II: Tooine or Tatooine, That is the Question

MovingPictures07 and the rest of the Syndicate movie party watched the bootleg version of Star Wars intently, as the action heated up. While obviously not the “original” trilogy, it was hard to determine whether the changes in the movie they were watching were due to it being a bootleg, or George Lucas’ own mad machinations. For one thing, the special effects were way off, and there was a great deal more Australian accents in this cut of the films.

The opening act at least took place on the same planet as the originals: Tatooine, the home planet of the franchise’s hero Luke Skywalker and his ill-fate Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. The original films revolutionized the hero’s journey, turning a bumbling water farmer into the galaxies most powerful Jedi. For all its faults, this version of the trilogy at least seemed to be adhering to that all important detail. The wonky imagery of Tatooine flickered on the screen as Luke and his family were introduced, and a guy who looked nothing like Mark Hamill joked with his Uncle (in this cut, a man who looked about the same age as Luke) about nerf-herding.

“It’s a good movie so far,” said a2thezebra. “But I can’t help but think something is missing.” The rest of the group quietly nodded in agreement, fixated on the exposition that was being presented. Golden chimed in shortly afterwards.
“Hey, does the cast look familiar to you guys?” Only when he pointed it out did everyone begin to notice that indeed, many of the cast bore striking resemblances to those in attendance.

“That’s totally cool…but also weird. But cool.” said Simon.

“I don’t see it.” Epignosis opined, looking up briefly after checking his abysmal fantasy football scores.

“You’re just mad ‘cuz your guy was one of the dumb Bothans that got killed in like the first three minutes of the movie.” Retorted Simon, sticking his tongue out to drive home his point.

“I just wanna say,” Matt F piped up, raising a hand from the bowl of popcorn he’d been monopolizing. “I think it’s really cool of you guys to invite me back to the Syndicate, and not to have lynched me Day 1 on one of my first games back in a long time.

He was referring of course, to the small game of in-person mafia they had played to warm up for the Star Wars marathon. DharmaHelper had won, naturally, by completely manipulating everyone into an absolute panic over sig, Enrique, and bcornett. Just another example of how amazingly intelligent and talented DharmaHelper was.
“Hey check it out! Matt, the guy that looks like you is on screen. That’s cool!” Eloh pointed at the screen, and sure enough, Matt’s Star Wars doppelganger was in the next scene.

“That’s funny, I don’t remember the Sarlaac Pit this early.”

Deep within the twisting sandy deserts of Tatooine, Matt F did battle with the fearsome Sarlaac! The gnarly, wormlike creature lashed out at the man before it, screeching and hollering its terrible battlecry. But Matt was trained for combat, and trained well. He moved like lightning to avoid the Sarlaac’s attacks, launching a literal volley of his own in response. For a while it seemed as though these two titans would do battle against the backdrop of a John Williams score for eternity, until at last the Sarlaac got a lucky shot in, wrapping one of its wicked tendrils around Matt’s leg. As he screamed in agony, Matt was taken into the mouth of the beast.

“Well,” said Matt F. “At least they got that part right.”

---

Meanwhile, deep within his own madness, DharmaHelper plotted his next move.

"The original trilogy is sacred! They will rue the day they messed with the ORIGINAL TRILOGY!"

Matt F has been lynched
He was Bobba Fett
It is now Night 1 on Tatooine
Night 1 will last 24 hours, during such time you must send BOTH hosts your Nightly PMs.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Later peeps! No hard feelings, that was fun trying (and failing) to defend myself. Peace out and good luck town! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:I never much like votes that are off the viable lynch options. At this point, it seems to me that only votes for Matt or Enrique are meaningful. But I guess some people may have sold their votes.
I'll say right now I did not sell my vote, and you're part of the reason why Bass ended up not being a viable lynch option in the first place. I get that you're satisfied with a Matt lynch (and not an Enrique lynch) as well but at this point Matt just got too WIFOM-y to me. None of his actions in the past 24 hours make sense from a scum perspective as well as town, and that combined with so many lazy votes for him is why I didn't go for him.

linki @ Matt - "Consider it ignored." Whichever alignment you are, if you don't want to be lynched so quickly and easily again, don't ignore other players while constantly acting like they are ignoring you. It's nothing short of disrespectful.

linki @ flip - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

That makes way too much sense.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

We were blessed by Simon's wishes.
ImageImageImageImage
Simon
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Simon »

Thanks guys for killing Boba Fett for me. :omg:
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

wow...just...wow
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Good work! Taking down a baddie.

Matt, you had me seriously doubting my read at the end there. Good defending, good asking for a lynch save. You played that end of day marvellously.

Hey Simon, we got Boba Fett! What's next?

@zebra - Fair enough. I had to count it as a possibility. I'm just sharing my own world perspective. I don't think Bass was lynchable today. I think its wise that we have a decent discussion of him in this next phase, though, so that a possible bass lynch isn't an afterthought.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt F wrote:Image
:haha:

Brilliant exit.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt F wrote:Image

Later peeps! No hard feelings, that was fun trying (and failing) to defend myself. Peace out and good luck town! :beer:
Okay, I can't be mad at this. Happy trails Matt and thanks for the good luck! :)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote: there was a great deal more Australian accents in this cut of the films.
:suspish:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Damn it Bobba Fett was the main reason I signed up for this game.

I'm not a fanboy but the role was so cool.

Well nice work town.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Well not bad for Day 1, though I don't like how quickly Matt's wagon developed and the amount of low posters who voted for him.

linki: No he isn't Golden read the EU :fist:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Matt* not Golden
ImageImage
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

The irony, he used the wifom statement did exactly what he said a scum would never do because it would get them lynched. Granted he wasn't scum but, that is about the next best thing, if not better.

I still don't like how 5 of the votes on Matt were from people who have little to no participation.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Black Rock »

Nice to lynch a killer. From the hosts perspective I bet they're sad to lose such a fun role day 1.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 572
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Wow, LOL, what a result! Nicely done, that is a great role to have gone. :clap:

See you in another game, Matt, I was looking forward to playing with you.

Now back to writing, then sleep, then catching up sometime later tomorrow.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Not-canon!

I decided to buy the new 'canon' Star Wars book set after the Return of the Jedi.

I'm 100 pages in and I already can barely cope with any more of it. I'm not sure why I did it.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Black Rock wrote:Nice to lynch a killer. From the hosts perspective I bet they're sad to lose such a fun role day 1.
:suspish:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Damn it Bobba Fett was the main reason I signed up for this game.

I'm not a fanboy but the role was so cool.

Well nice work town.
It was the opposite for me. I signed up hoping for the simplest Full Mafia possible, and the whole credits dealio seems like a bit much to wrap my head around :p Less to worry about from now on.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”