Moderator: Community Team

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: [DAY 2] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Scotty »

kneel4justice wrote:
Scotty wrote: I wonder where Simon ran off to, and if he intends to respond to his accusations.
See, it is things like this that are so weird to me. Like, what do you expect him to say? This is a difficult position for me to judge, because of his age. I bet it is difficult for him too. I do not know how to take his differing statements about being on sig's team or not being, because I am not sure how he plays/how advanced..I want to treat him equal, but seriously with this kind of pressure, it just seems like people are expecting a lot out of him and I'm not sure that it is fair to do so.
Though maybe you all have experience with him so know what to expect? It just strikes me as convenient that people are going after him. Am I being naive or what
Hey man, you're probably right to an extent. I've been viewing Simon as maybe a little older than he is, but at the end of the day, he signed up for it, and is Epi's son to boot. So I would assume he could handle some pressure. Therefore I hope to treat him equally to the extent that I can. I can be a little pointed with my accusations, I will admit. You're not the first person to ask 'Well what is he supposed to say to that?' But if Simon were to at least clarify his position, it would be welcomed. After all, if nothing changes he is headed to the noose today as of the current poll.

Epi of course has the best read on his son over any of us, so I cede to him on the personal quirks of Simon's habits and character. But the point I was making is that it seems like it's dog eat dog in his family, because Epi would accuse so early if he either wasn't sure his son was up to no good, or Epi was up to no good himself.

Or maybe Simon just got a C- in math and this is Epi's way of grounding him.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Personally I have little confidence on my read on him, and I'm going on this vote mainly because I want to confirm Epi's theory (and I have a civ read on Epi right now so it's not that risky), because this lynch could be very informative, and because who knows, maybe other people talking about Simon could lead to useful evidence.

He doesn't seem like the kind of player who we will ever be able to get an accurate read on, since he is, well, a child. So Epi's personal read on him might be the best we can get, and so I'd rather get this oer with now than later.

I'm open to changing my vote at this point, but I don't have confident mafia reads on anyone so I'm not doing it for now.
Well what are your other suspicions?
I am looking back at your posts and you seem to be heavily invested in the Epi and Simon topic of discussion, and the fact that you're relying on Epi's opinion gives you an easy way out if Simon were to flip civilian. Do you suspect Simon for any reason other than Epi's suspicion of him?
And I know that Epi's opinion does hold some more value since Simon is his son, but still that does not guarantee he is correct. So I am wary of people who are so willing to follow
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Hey guys, since kneel2justice complained about we focusing too much on the same few players, and I kind of agree with him, I propose a little exercise.

Anyone who has time for it: tell us what you think of the following people. Those are all people I have seen little talk about in this game, so they could potentially be slipping under everyone's radars.

Drwilgy - He is only mentioned when people are referring to the Sig/Simon debacle, but what do people actually think about him?
FZ. - Epi said he thought she was town. Does anybody else have any opinion about FZ?
kneel4justice - Ironically, he is a good example of what he said himself. I don't think anyone has said anything about him in this game. Come on, people.
Metalmarsh - Okay this is Metalmarsh so people ignore him and his antics by default... but maybe we shouldn't?

I've skipped the ones who have little to no posts, since not talking about them is excusable, but all those players I mentioned have a lot of game presence but very little discussion about them.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

kneel4justice wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Personally I have little confidence on my read on him, and I'm going on this vote mainly because I want to confirm Epi's theory (and I have a civ read on Epi right now so it's not that risky), because this lynch could be very informative, and because who knows, maybe other people talking about Simon could lead to useful evidence.

He doesn't seem like the kind of player who we will ever be able to get an accurate read on, since he is, well, a child. So Epi's personal read on him might be the best we can get, and so I'd rather get this oer with now than later.

I'm open to changing my vote at this point, but I don't have confident mafia reads on anyone so I'm not doing it for now.
Well what are your other suspicions?
I am looking back at your posts and you seem to be heavily invested in the Epi and Simon topic of discussion, and the fact that you're relying on Epi's opinion gives you an easy way out if Simon were to flip civilian. Do you suspect Simon for any reason other than Epi's suspicion of him?
And I know that Epi's opinion does hold some more value since Simon is his son, but still that does not guarantee he is correct. So I am wary of people who are so willing to follow
I don't have any big suspicions. I have a small ping on Daisy though her explanation was reasonable. Scotty feels weird, but I haven't taken the time to look at his posts and gather why it seems like that. Sig feels incredibly suspicious at this point but that makes uneasy because it feels too obvious. Sorsha feels suspicious for how she approached the Epi debacle but it's not a big ping. Glorfindel has been rubbing me the wrong way the whole game, but I still haven't decided whether that's a baddie sign of if he is just weird... I guess I'm just being cautious.

No I don't have a formed opinion on Simon, but the point is that I don't see any way we can ever read Simon. The way he plays is completely atypical. It's similar to trying to read Vompatti, assuming you know what I'm talking about.

I'm willing to take the bet and buy Epi's theory. If anything, we remove from the game a player who it doesn't seen we will be able to read later, and whose death might provide a light on the whole Epi/Simon/Sig issue. But I also take responsibility for my own vote, don't think I'm looking for a way out.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Enrique »

I'm never giving an opinion on DrWilgy again after Tree Mafia. He could be the goodest goodie or the baddiest baddie and I wouldn't know. K4J is probably good but I felt his vote for me came too easily.

If today's lynch is between Epignosis, Simon, and sig... I'm voting sig. I couldn't see Epignosis being bad in this game (like FZ mentioned, throwing his kid under the bus??? harsh), and I really don't think Simon's posts meant anything serious. The whole "I was trying to dog my own grave!" argument doesn't really... hold up at all. I'm worried people are voting for Simon before him.
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

kneel4justice wrote:Okay. I'm in two mindsets about Sig currently. If you were to have asked me after zebra's lynch what I thought about him, I would have definitely thought he was suspicious. Specifically the way he moved on so quickly to entertaining the idea of an Epi/Enrique partnership. When he suspected Enrique, it came immediately after I had just suspected him for taunting zebra (which I now would take back after he clarified what he meant by his post). But I was definitely pinged by that. So I started thinking in hindsight that maybe I was wrong not to suspect him...
But the problem is, I don't really like this whole Simon/Sig theory. Unfortunately it is difficult to judge Simon's statements about being on the same time (going from I think so, to no). But the fact that some suspicion started for something as simple as Sig saying that he wouldn't vote for Simon due to him laughing at a joke...that is ridiculous to me. Which seems to be part of the whole teammate theory. Like, those types of things are common on this site, plus - I can definitely see Sig just being nice to Simon, making him feel welcome in the game. So I feel like people who are using that (like Scotty had - are making something of nothing.

But I don't agree with the Epi suspicion. I am surprised that so many people are suspicious lol. Last game I played no one dared suspect him (admittedly, I was wrong about him being bad but still). I just see what Epi has done as a personality factor. Not something that is going to determine his alignment. As far as I am concerned, he's done similar tactics as civilian, and is probably more than capable of doing the same thing when bad. So really I need more time, I don't think his actions favor an alignment. But then again, I doubt he would gun for his own son as mafia.....like I think FZ was trying to say..then again, he's Epi. He strikes me as the type to want to show his dominance lol
So what you're telling me is - you believe Sig's theory about an elaborate plot hatched (by Epi and conceivably Simon) for the sole purpose of eliminating him from the game? I've played enough games with Sig to appreciate that he is as cunning and conniving to be capable of doing anything to win but this conspiracy theory of his seems utterly fanciful to me. I also don't like that he spent a large portion of the first Day phase publicly sniping at Zebs in a way that seemed to me to be advocating her lynching 'from a distance'.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I've taken a quick look at Scotty's posts, and K4J is right: on day 2, he has talked about nothing other than Sig/Simon/Epi. And he has made a lot of posts.

Calculated move to draw attenton away from his teamates, or just exaggerated, maybe playstyle-based, tunneling?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Hey guys, since kneel2justice complained about we focusing too much on the same few players, and I kind of agree with him, I propose a little exercise.

Anyone who has time for it: tell us what you think of the following people. Those are all people I have seen little talk about in this game, so they could potentially be slipping under everyone's radars.

Drwilgy - He is only mentioned when people are referring to the Sig/Simon debacle, but what do people actually think about him?
FZ. - Epi said he thought she was town. Does anybody else have any opinion about FZ?
kneel4justice - Ironically, he is a good example of what he said himself. I don't think anyone has said anything about him in this game. Come on, people.
Metalmarsh - Okay this is Metalmarsh so people ignore him and his antics by default... but maybe we shouldn't?

I've skipped the ones who have little to no posts, since not talking about them is excusable, but all those players I mentioned have a lot of game presence but very little discussion about them.
Okay well I do think it is important to look at people who are not getting attention but besides stating the facts, you didn't really give your opinions on these players, so what do you think?

I have not paid much attention to Dr. Wilgy just because he has not done anything to catch my eye and since I don't know a lot of these players, some tend to slip by in the beginning. Looking back at his posts, I think it is questionable that he has mostly posted playfully in D1 and his serious material has been about Epi/Simon/Simon. So I do think there might be something there. I do not know his prior games to compare this with anything though - did someone say he is usually more involved? Or am I getting him confused w/someone else?

For FZ unfortunately she has not been here as much as I wish just due to timezones we've not gotten to interact as much with the 24 hour days, but I have agreed with most of the content she has posted so far which is usually a good sign.

MM has just been very playful but I am not familiar enough with his style to make a judgement, and while I prefer people be more serious, it is a common approach not to be on this site. I did want to ask MM if his vote for Epi is serious and why he is suspicious of Epi.

Linki @DDL, well I appreciate you giving your suspicions at least on other players, Makes me feel better
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 57

Post by DrWilgy »

Enrique wrote:I'm never giving an opinion on DrWilgy again after Tree Mafia. He could be the goodest goodie or the baddiest baddie and I wouldn't know. K4J is probably good but I felt his vote for me came too easily.

If today's lynch is between Epignosis, Simon, and sig... I'm voting sig. I couldn't see Epignosis being bad in this game (like FZ mentioned, throwing his kid under the bus??? harsh), and I really don't think Simon's posts meant anything serious. The whole "I was trying to dog my own grave!" argument doesn't really... hold up at all. I'm worried people are voting for Simon before him.
:haha:

I think i mentioned Typhoony and Glorf once... Oh yeah also Matt. Get yo facts str8 Dragon!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 218

Re: [DAY 1] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

Typhoony wrote:I actually read Epis posts in World Reborn about Sig now, turns out I misremembered. Sooo....

EBWOP:

Epi, You say sig is bad, yet in World Reborn you were very hesitant on sig, saying that he does things that make absolutely no sense and scream baddie but he may turn up civilian anyhow. How is his play here different than his play in that game and why does it make him bad?
If, as is the case, sig can twist himself up and dig a deeper hole for himself, then the task becomes this: Does sig sound genuine in his posts or not? By his own admission, and I use that term loosely, he was not being genuine, that he was behaving in a way to catch Mafia.

Let's see:
sig wrote:FZ my plan was taking advantage of my own civ weakness, I know I can dig my own grave. I also know smarter mafia players will push for my lynch. I have some meta on who defended me in past games when others accused me.

It isn't fool proof, but I think it is a could chance to catch a baddie. IF those who have played with Epi more think day 1 was within his civ meta then I will cool on pursing him and search for another target.
sig wrote:I would say my response posts to Epi's teammate theory as well as the fact I pursued an Epi lynch. I would say my interaction with some players have caught out some baddies. If I'm right and I'm like 94.55 % that I am right then I've helped to catch Epi and maybe Simon.
Okay. sig's master plan was to use his own "civ weakness" to his advantage to catch Mafia, and he thinks his ruse worked and that he caught me (and maybe Simon- I'm really not clear on how sig thinks he caught Simon when he did not interact with Simon in the thread at all).

sig has one real on-topic post before I accuse him of being Mafia, which I responded to nine minutes after:
Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:
Simon wrote:
sig wrote:I'll go with Winged since he is lonely with no votes.

I think I'm one of those young whipper snappers Epi is talking about. So I'll leave you old farts alone when you nostalgically talk about your gamecube, Zelda, color TV, and the creation of the wheel. :P
Old fart :haha: :haha: :haha: still can't stop laughing.
I'm not voting Simon since he laughed at my joke and I'm cool that way. :noble:

There seems to be a few people I haven't played with so looking forward to playing with you all.
Also glad to play with you again Glorfindel.

Voting kneel4justice
sig and Simon are teammates.

Voting Simon.
That's it. One post.

sig reacts to my accusation:
Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:Voting your own son day 1 harsh Epi.

Why do you think we are teammates? I engaged in the same sort of banter in Star Wars and in many of my more recent games, do you also think if I was mafia I would make such an obvious connection between myself and Simon, this seems like a rather strange thing for me to do especially with my experience as scum.

If we are teammates why vote for Simon over me?

:eye:
To get a beautiful over the top reaction like this. :slick:
Then, in the very next post seven minutes later, sig accuses me of being Mafia:
sig wrote:I'm glad to play along and answer your posts even though I suspect your trying to set me up for a lynch and am leaning scum on you. With only twenty four hours we need to have some good discussions.

Also I would hardly call my post over the top, your not trying to pull a Long Con move on me are your Epi? I'd be very sad if you were.
In this post, sig first expresses an accusation of me, and is claiming that I'm trying to set him up.

++++

That entire exchange above happened in the span of twenty-three minutes. I ask you all: At what point did sig's alleged ruse occur? If sig accused me at 9:49 EST, then where did he take advantage of his "own civ weakness" and dig his own grave to entrap me?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Matt »

Glorfindel wrote:I'll say this again - based on her behaviour and the tone of her posts so far this game, I cannot conclude that she has an alignment to the Mafia. Further, I think eliminating her to be a mistake and if I'm correct, one that we may ultimately regret.
By this I assume you had Zeebs as a Protagonist role? Why?

She was just a harmless innocent Red Pikmin!

Also, Glorfindel. He bad!
Image Image Image Image
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Sorsha, what is your opinion on Epi's opinion of Simon? Do you think they are teammates or that Epi is trying to take advantage of his own son?

Also - is it normal for Scotty to gloss over accusations as scum or civ? because he focused on my post about how people were treating Simon but not the one about why he chose Simon over Epi
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 36

Post by sig »

Glorfindel wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:Okay. I'm in two mindsets about Sig currently. If you were to have asked me after zebra's lynch what I thought about him, I would have definitely thought he was suspicious. Specifically the way he moved on so quickly to entertaining the idea of an Epi/Enrique partnership. When he suspected Enrique, it came immediately after I had just suspected him for taunting zebra (which I now would take back after he clarified what he meant by his post). But I was definitely pinged by that. So I started thinking in hindsight that maybe I was wrong not to suspect him...
But the problem is, I don't really like this whole Simon/Sig theory. Unfortunately it is difficult to judge Simon's statements about being on the same time (going from I think so, to no). But the fact that some suspicion started for something as simple as Sig saying that he wouldn't vote for Simon due to him laughing at a joke...that is ridiculous to me. Which seems to be part of the whole teammate theory. Like, those types of things are common on this site, plus - I can definitely see Sig just being nice to Simon, making him feel welcome in the game. So I feel like people who are using that (like Scotty had - are making something of nothing.

But I don't agree with the Epi suspicion. I am surprised that so many people are suspicious lol. Last game I played no one dared suspect him (admittedly, I was wrong about him being bad but still). I just see what Epi has done as a personality factor. Not something that is going to determine his alignment. As far as I am concerned, he's done similar tactics as civilian, and is probably more than capable of doing the same thing when bad. So really I need more time, I don't think his actions favor an alignment. But then again, I doubt he would gun for his own son as mafia.....like I think FZ was trying to say..then again, he's Epi. He strikes me as the type to want to show his dominance lol
So what you're telling me is - you believe Sig's theory about an elaborate plot hatched (by Epi and conceivably Simon) for the sole purpose of eliminating him from the game? I've played enough games with Sig to appreciate that he is as cunning and conniving to be capable of doing anything to win but this conspiracy theory of his seems utterly fanciful to me. I also don't like that he spent a large portion of the first Day phase publicly sniping at Zebs in a way that seemed to me to be advocating her lynching 'from a distance'.
You're just mad I tricked you in Wild West game, ifyou aren't mad about it your carrying your suspicion to a paranoia level of fear. If anything is an indicator of my alignment it is the fact in WW I wasn't suspected by anyone, I slipped under the radar. Unlike this game I'm right in the middle of it.
As I said I think Epi is scum however, it could be he isn't. If he isn't then DDL or Scotty are scum. One of those three are scum imo.
I'm reading Sorsha as a civ.
Glorfindel idk about him, he is saying I have established scum meta that I really don't have.
Kneel is a civ read for me.
Wilgy is null I'll need to look over his posts.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I got an excersize for everyone to partake in. If I were a protagonist, I would currently have _____.

I will start:
If I were a protagonist, I would currently have a Purple pikmin.

I would like everyone to copy this format.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DrWilgy wrote:I got an excersize for everyone to partake in. If I were a protagonist, I would currently have _____.

I will start:

Lol. Nice.

What do you think of Glorfindel, Wilgy?
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Hey guys, since kneel2justice complained about we focusing too much on the same few players, and I kind of agree with him, I propose a little exercise.

Sure. Why not.

Wilgy- The biggest difference I see this game is his abbreviated posting. Even his amusing asides are not as long and winding as they were in the last game I saw him in. Out of context with his previous game(s), his input is not huge thus far, not stirring too many soups, not jumping in freshly raked leaves. Sig is by now one of the safer suspicions to have, so his attraction toward that accusation is a cause for :eye:

FZ- I like FZ's input. I appreciated the psychology of her relationship with her child as it pertains to Epi. She has an array of people she finds suspicious and doesn't seem to be clinging to other people's coattails.

kneel4justice- I'm not going to NO U him, but he's very caught up in my tunnel-vision. While he is wrong about me, and wrong about zebra, I see the logic behind his suspicions, and do not currently suspect his baddie-hunting strategy.

Metalmarsh- I say this every game, but I can never read MM. He even killed me N1 in a game where we both were civs because I latched onto him in the same manner I am starting to latch onto Simon. I just always think MM is bad. lol Most all of his posts are jokes, and when they're not, he's asking other people questions. I just think that MM always looks like he has a guise of being helpful and at the end of the day I read as well as I read James Joyce's giant novel, "Ulysses": I can't.

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Civ, but his posts seem to be jumbly mumbo butts.

Are you not down for my game Matt?
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

sig's immediate reaction to me linking him and Simon together was to call me bad and say that I'm trying to set him up.

But why doesn't sig make the same allowance for Simon?

Doesn't happen. sig instead jumps to the idea that I'm on the same team as Simon, and that I'm throwing Simon under the bus.
sig wrote:Your trying to play the emotional card here. My point still stands your not really pushing for your own kids lynch, you're pushing for my lynch with the theory Sig/Simon are scum. I flip civ then Simon will look cleaner.

Also right back at ya about being confident people are baddie,you somehow nailed 2/3 of the scum team.

Linki: TAaaaaa Da I said this at the beginning of the phase, Epi would end this phase lynching me based on a weak reasoning or my reaction post, his lynch of Simon was a smokescreen vote.
At 8:35pm EST-
sig wrote:Epi is scum, lynching Zebra is a waste of time.
At 8:51pm EST-
sig wrote:It makes no sense what so ever for me as scum to target a player like Epignosis day 1.

Enrique I'm looking at my past meta and how scum react to my game play and how civs react to my gameplay. Epignosis is not reacting the same way as he usually does to my gameplay as he does when he is civ and people throw out such accusations against me.

My bet is Zebra and Epi could be on team team, if not both then one of them. I will also be keeping my eye on DDL.

Zebra's logic for voting for me is illogical she doesn't agree with EPi, yet she thinks I'm on a teamwith Simon and we are both scum and that I would make such a mistake.
My day 1 scum team
Simon
Epi
Zebra
At 9:10pm EST-
sig wrote:I'd rather lynch Epi today, but a Zebra lynch is good to. If she flips mafia or civ my opinion of Epi won't have changed that much.

linki: why Enrique?
At no point does sig entertain the idea that I could be bad and that I'm setting up two civilians. His theory is that I'm bad with Simon and we are setting up one civilian. Keep in mind in all of this, sig's first on-topic post was to say he would not vote for Simon. By the end of the day, he has zebra, Simon, and me on a team. Why would a civilian jump to that conclusion rather than give Simon the benefit of the doubt if he genuinely thought I was Mafia?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Typhoony »

Epignosis wrote:
Typhoony wrote: Epi, You say sig is bad, yet in World Reborn you were very hesitant on sig, saying that he does things that make absolutely no sense and scream baddie but he may turn up civilian anyhow. How is his play here different than his play in that game and why does it make him bad?
If, as is the case, sig can twist himself up and dig a deeper hole for himself, then the task becomes this: Does sig sound genuine in his posts or not? By his own admission, and I use that term loosely, he was not being genuine, that he was behaving in a way to catch Mafia.
[stuffz]
I agree that sig sounds shady as a ****, and I would love for him to answer my question from here (Hey Sig, please do so, thanks), cause that "plan" makes absolutely zero sense looking at his posts... But it's not really an answer to what I asked you.
I agree that he sounds less... genuine for the lack of better word, maybe a bit more composed here, but I find it hard to bring it into words why exactly.
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DrWilgy wrote:Civ, but his posts seem to be jumbly mumbo butts.

Are you not down for my game Matt?
I think if sig is civ and Simon is bad, then Glorfindel is def baddie.

And sure, I'll play. If I were a protagonist, I would currently have a blue pikmin!

Or a winged pikmin. One of those.
Image Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote:Civ, but his posts seem to be jumbly mumbo butts.
:haha:
kneel4justice wrote: Also - is it normal for Scotty to gloss over accusations as scum or civ? because he focused on my post about how people were treating Simon but not the one about why he chose Simon over Epi
Yeah I think I missed that one, or I just chose not to respond. I don't remember. The days blend together the older I get.

Why Simon over Epi? Well, for one, I think Simon's posts are more waffly, and on top of that, Epi seems so sure-fire about him.

And for Wilgy- if I were a protagonist, I would currently have a randomly chosen pikmin out of 7 possible choices.

Am I doing that right?

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Scotty wrote:And for Wilgy- if I were a protagonist, I would currently have a randomly chosen pikmin out of 7 possible choices.

Am I doing that right?
You wouldn't want a blue or winged pikmin? :confused2:
Image Image Image Image
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

I'm not entirely sold on Scotty atm, and I really don't know what to think of the sig/Simon coalition. I don't think I read the early posts close enough.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

There's a lot of people here. Let's do that thing where we list everyone and peeps say good or bad.

But someone else can set it up.
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Typhoony wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Typhoony wrote: Epi, You say sig is bad, yet in World Reborn you were very hesitant on sig, saying that he does things that make absolutely no sense and scream baddie but he may turn up civilian anyhow. How is his play here different than his play in that game and why does it make him bad?
[stuffz]
I agree that sig sounds shady as a ****, and I would love for him to answer my question from here (Hey Sig, please do so, thanks), cause that "plan" makes absolutely zero sense looking at his posts... But it's not really an answer to what I asked you.
I agree that he sounds less... genuine for the lack of better word, maybe a bit more composed here, but I find it hard to bring it into words why exactly.
AWR feels like a lifetime ago for me (I died over a month ago in it and have been super busy both here and in real life). I'm not sure I can satisfactorily explain what made sig feel genuine in AWR and contrast that with what's going on here, except to say that I don't view civilian sig as a revisionist, and revisionism ("Oh, what I was really doing was...") is the route he's taking now.

Additionally, he's setting himself up to vote certain people in case his desired lynches don't work out:
sig wrote:I'd rather lynch Epi today, but a Zebra lynch is good to. If she flips mafia or civ my opinion of Epi won't have changed that much.
sig wrote:As I said I think Epi is scum however, it could be he isn't. If he isn't then DDL or Scotty are scum. One of those three are scum imo.
Nota bene: Even though sig maintains that Simon and I are teammates, he has not pushed a Simon lynch even though a Simon lynch is a realistic outcome. He's wants me lynched, and when I am lynched and revealed, sig has two other names (DDL or Scotty) lined up. Simon isn't one.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Matt wrote:
Scotty wrote:And for Wilgy- if I were a protagonist, I would currently have a randomly chosen pikmin out of 7 possible choices.

Am I doing that right?
You wouldn't want a blue or winged pikmin? :confused2:
That wasn't the question.

I would of course want a winged pikmin. But realistically I would have what I would have. :shrug2:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Epi - You voting for sig or simon today?

:phew: Of course everyone wants a winged pikmin, Scotty, what was I thinking?
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

A GTH this early? I'd rather play the, If I attempted night kills game last night, I would have killed blank and blank, etc.
Image Image Image
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

kneel4justice wrote: Maybe it was just the game mechanics, but I still think there is the possibility of there being an agenda behind your vote. No way to tell, for now.
What about Scotty's posts pinged you?
What game mechanics are you talking about?

Couple of small things pinged me about him during my skim:
- His talk about really disliking Day 1, even saying he would possibly advocate a no Lynch if the option were there.
- His sig vote was weird. He said he thinks Epi is on to something and votes him, and later says he voted Sig for a separate reason than what Epi brought up
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

DrWilgy wrote:A GTH this early? I'd rather play the, If I attempted night kills game last night, I would have killed blank and blank, etc.
Don't worry, I don't think anyone really wants to play haha.

If I had a NK, and still civ, I'd of went for Glorfindel. I dunno, something strikes me funny about him so far.

If I had a NK and was a bossman, it wouldn't matter who I picked. Probably Epi to put more pressure on Simon assuming Simon wasn't my baddie mate.

What about you, Wilgster?
Image Image Image Image
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Sig setting different people up in case his desired lynches don't work out is certainly interesting, as he did not do that at all during AWR.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 138

Post by FZ. »

Initially, I was thinking the same. The problem with this strategy though, if you really are seeing Epi as civ, like I am, that if he is wrong about Simon, we lose one civ today, and the next lynch is going to be so easy for the baddies. I don't know for sure Epi is good, and Epi is not a predictable person, and could be a *insert bad word here*, but I honestly can't see him throwing his own kid to the wolves like that as a baddie so early in the game. If I'm wrong about this, I'll be absolutely shocked.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Typhoony wrote:
kneel4justice wrote: Maybe it was just the game mechanics, but I still think there is the possibility of there being an agenda behind your vote. No way to tell, for now.

- His talk about really disliking Day 1, even saying he would possibly advocate a no Lynch if the option were there.
- His sig vote was weird. He said he thinks Epi is on to something and votes him, and later says he voted Sig for a separate reason than what Epi brought up
-I said I would entertain voting no-lynch in a set-up without this many variables. Not this game. Doesn't mean I don't hate it still. Day 1 is always grasping at straws.
-I actually went back and you are correct, I did say it was a separate reason, when it was pretty much the exact reason. So oops. I got no witty response to that except I think I was in the middle of my party and already drinking.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Drwilgy- I literally don't get him this game. Last two games I've played with him, he was good and was very active in his attempts to find baddies. His methods are unconventional, but there was something very enthusiastic about it. This game he's joking around and doesn't feel like he's trying to get to the bottom of things. I'd call him bad for those reasons, but those are basically the reasons I voted for zebra and look how that ended. I expect more of him, if he's a civ. Gun to head I would maybe say bad, but I'm going to hold judgement on him.

FZ- That's me :D

Kneel4Justice- K4J is the player I've probably played the most with out of all the people. I know that when we're both good, we tend to look at things very similarly, and when one of us is bad, the we disagree quite often. While it's possible he knows this and is using it against me, it doesn't look like that to me. There were things he said before I did about some of the people, which I felt resembled my thoughts. So for now, I think he's good.

MM- I think MM tries harder when he's a civ than when he's bad. But he's always joking around. I can't freaking get him. He asks these weird questions and votes for people for weird reasons, but he does it in the early stages no matter his alignment. He enjoys playing that style. It makes it really hard to read him. Last time he was bad, I defended him, so I'll let others express their opinions on him.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Matt wrote::phew: Of course everyone wants a winged pikmin, Scotty, what was I thinking?
The winged ones were actually my least favorite. They were weak as all hell in a fight, worse than any other. They were only really useful for assigning to a second commander for cleaning up treasure/collectibles after my main Pikmin force had cleared an area since they could fly over obstacles.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Matt wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:A GTH this early? I'd rather play the, If I attempted night kills game last night, I would have killed blank and blank, etc.
Don't worry, I don't think anyone really wants to play haha.

If I had a NK, and still civ, I'd of went for Glorfindel. I dunno, something strikes me funny about him so far.

If I had a NK and was a bossman, it wouldn't matter who I picked. Probably Epi to put more pressure on Simon assuming Simon wasn't my baddie mate.

What about you, Wilgster?
Simon and Sig, I would've double attacked.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I would really like for SIG to play my games and answer my questions.
Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

DrWilgy wrote:I got an excersize for everyone to partake in. If I were a protagonist, I would currently have _____.

I will start:

What the hell is the point of this exercise?

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Participate first good Glorfindel
Image Image Image
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

sig wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

You're just mad I tricked you in Wild West game, ifyou aren't mad about it your carrying your suspicion to a paranoia level of fear. If anything is an indicator of my alignment it is the fact in WW I wasn't suspected by anyone, I slipped under the radar. Unlike this game I'm right in the middle of it.
As I said I think Epi is scum however, it could be he isn't. If he isn't then DDL or Scotty are scum. One of those three are scum imo.
I'm reading Sorsha as a civ.
Glorfindel idk about him, he is saying I have established scum meta that I really don't have.
Kneel is a civ read for me.
Wilgy is null I'll need to look over his posts.
Excuse me? In WW Mafia I had you pegged from early on as Mafia based on that Round 1 wagon. Logically the chances of you having NOT been Mafia under those circumstances were astronomical. My problem was that in the end (after the rest of the Town walked out and desserted me, leaving me in a nest of Mafia vipers) I was stupid enough to believe your lies - not that I really had much choice as the die was well and truly cast by that stage).

What I am saying is that your accusations against Epi are based on far fetched conspiracy theories that have no basis in logic. I'm NOT defending Epi and I'm NOT saying he's Town. I AM saying that I'm having a lot of trouble buying the case you have against him.

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Glorfindel wrote:

I would not agree with that idea but I am not convinced that it comes from a bad place.
I just better read your post where you confronted sig, and I see where you're coming from. What comes difficult is that I see some things as suspicious, but I also saw people that suspected sig for reasons that do not seem civilian and that is where it is hard to determine my stance, because if I am right in suspecting them, I doubt they'd be teammates with sig.
I'm trying to remain open to ideas, because somehow this site catches scum at times and I still don't know how they did it

Also, about this part of your post:
Glorfindel wrote: I'm not going to claim that I'm particularly good at this game but I know someone that is considerably more experienced than I and this is their assessment of the above...
a2thezebra wrote:

Hahahahahaha you better be lynched tomorrow.
This concerns me, because you're using a dead player's opinion. I hate when I am dead and people do that (typically mafia, in my experience). Just because zebra is a good player and now confirmed townie does not mean she is right in all her opinions.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:I wonder whom the bosses tried to kill. :ponder:
Oh really? :ponder:
Epignosis wrote:I voted sig. I will vote Simon if things go that way.

sig is after me for nonsense reasons, so he need to die first.

I wonder whom the bosses tried to kill. :ponder:
Really, really? :ponder:
FZ. wrote:Basically, I'm not a fan of all the circling around Epi, Simon and Sig. If there are only 3 baddies, I doubt they would all be so forward and attention drawing. I think 3 baddies looking to survive until the end would lay low and not get on anyone's nerves.
Why not? You don't believe Epignosis would be forward?
Matt wrote:I was considering joining you and MM, even though if my gut baddie team is correct that means MM is bussing his teammates again.
When have we played together in a game where I was mafia and I bussed a teammate?

Supatown (red)
Boss
Boss
Top bloke, good egg

I'll take a look at them though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

DrWilgy wrote:Participate first good Glorfindel
Very well...

If I were a Protagonist, I would currently have a blue Pikmin...

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

kneel4justice wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

I would not agree with that idea but I am not convinced that it comes from a bad place.
I just better read your post where you confronted sig, and I see where you're coming from. What comes difficult is that I see some things as suspicious, but I also saw people that suspected sig for reasons that do not seem civilian and that is where it is hard to determine my stance, because if I am right in suspecting them, I doubt they'd be teammates with sig.
I'm trying to remain open to ideas, because somehow this site catches scum at times and I still don't know how they did it

Glorfindel wrote: I'm not going to claim that I'm particularly good at this game but I know someone that is considerably more experienced than I and this is their assessment of the above...
a2thezebra wrote:

This concerns me, because you're using a dead player's opinion. I hate when I am dead and people do that (typically mafia, in my experience). Just because zebra is a good player and now confirmed townie does not mean she is right in all her opinions.
Well, she was dead right in her reading of me (something that appears to escape a number of you) so forgive me in having a little faith in her ability and skill at this game.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I wonder whom the bosses tried to kill. :ponder:
Oh really? :ponder:
Epignosis wrote:I voted sig. I will vote Simon if things go that way.

sig is after me for nonsense reasons, so he need to die first.

I wonder whom the bosses tried to kill. :ponder:
Really, really? :ponder:
FZ. wrote:Basically, I'm not a fan of all the circling around Epi, Simon and Sig. If there are only 3 baddies, I doubt they would all be so forward and attention drawing. I think 3 baddies looking to survive until the end would lay low and not get on anyone's nerves.
Why not? You don't believe Epignosis would be forward?
Matt wrote:I was considering joining you and MM, even though if my gut baddie team is correct that means MM is bussing his teammates again.
When have we played together in a game where I was mafia and I bussed a teammate?

Supatown (red)
Boss
Boss
Top bloke, good egg

I'll take a look at them though.
I think Epi can certainly be forward as a baddie, but I explained why I don't think he's bad, and until someone actually bothers answering me whether it makes sense to have only three baddies, I'll assume that's the number, and if that's so, they need to lay low and blend with the crowd to survive, while the civvies kill themselves. They can't afford to be too blunt. That's how I see it.

And is your answer to Dragon's question regarding those names a joke, or are you being serious? Is Wilgy good or bad in your opinion? If bad, do you see us all as bad? Why?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'll take a look at them though.
But first, Epignosis.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:I think Epi can certainly be forward as a baddie, but I explained why I don't think he's bad, and until someone actually bothers answering me whether it makes sense to have only three baddies, I'll assume that's the number, and if that's so, they need to lay low and blend with the crowd to survive, while the civvies kill themselves. They can't afford to be too blunt. That's how I see it.

And is your answer to Dragon's question regarding those names a joke, or are you being serious? Is Wilgy good or bad in your opinion? If bad, do you see us all as bad? Why?
It makes sense for players to have different amounts of suspects. Some players may only have 1 suspect at a time. Some players can have many, many suspects at a time (see Matt in TH). They might not all be strong reads, but I don't think a player should limit themselves by the number of mafia-aligned roles.

I wasn't really being serious (except for the first and last one). But I was serious about taking a look at you and k4j.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Glorfindel wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

Well, she was dead right in her reading of me (something that appears to escape a number of you) so forgive me in having a little faith in her ability and skill at this game.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:I think Epi can certainly be forward as a baddie, but I explained why I don't think he's bad, and until someone actually bothers answering me whether it makes sense to have only three baddies, I'll assume that's the number, and if that's so, they need to lay low and blend with the crowd to survive, while the civvies kill themselves. They can't afford to be too blunt. That's how I see it.

It makes sense for players to have different amounts of suspects. Some players may only have 1 suspect at a time. Some players can have many, many suspects at a time (see Matt in TH). They might not all be strong reads, but I don't think a player should limit themselves by the number of mafia-aligned roles.

I wasn't really being serious (except for the first and last one). But I was serious about taking a look at you and k4j.
Okay, I guess. So you're genuinely suspicious of WIlgy? Any reasons? Because I wasn't seeing him as Supatown at all, which is why I was suspicious of him. The only thing he's done that looks like a civ, is his last few questions. I too am wondering whether this is genuine or not.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Typhoony wrote:

By game mechanics I was referring to role manipulation powers.
And thanks. I wouldn't say the dislike for D1 is suspicious (I think that just comes down to preference of players rather than alignment) but I was pinged by his vote for Sig as well

Return to “Previous Side Missions”