Matt
Nerolunar
nijuukyugou
reywaS
sig
thellama73

Slight Mafia:
nutella

Currently players are NOT ranked within groups by order of suspicion; rather, they are alphabetical.

Too many nulls. Please post more, nulls! So far, reywaS hasn't posted at all, and DFaraday and sig haven't posted yet during Day 1. Did I miss anyone else? Hope to hear from them soon.

I'm town reading AATB due to his contribution to the discussion last night when I pressured him, though I want more. I wasn't sure what to make of DrumBeats but having caught up now I'm seeing his attempts to engage people with this plan as genuinely town-minded, but it's still a slight lean. Elohcin is active and I'm enjoying it; I also am reading her attempts to engage others so far as genuine, and her frustrations displayed a townie mindset. All minor, but they're all worth town reads nonetheless. I think forming town reads, even very slight at this stage, is just as important as identifying mafia leans, perhaps even more so. So I intend on trying to sort through these as the day progresses and hopefully form some more. Please help me out with that, folks! Show me your townie spark.

I don't know what to think of JJJ just yet; I know he's busier right now and in three games so I'll try not to judge him harshly for lack of supatown, but it's inevitable to hold high expectations for him. I've found his light interrogation of me to be a bit peculiar, and I don't really understand where he's coming from at all this game. I'd like to engage with him about this game in real time because we have zero mindmeld going on right now and that's just not right.

I'm OK with Illyria, nijuu, Nero, and Llama's content so far, but it's not enough to make me feel any way about their alignments just yet. I need more.

a2thezebra, DrWilgy, and Matt are all in a similar category to me right now of WTF/???/Null, because they seem to playing outwardly in a way that could be considered anti-town, but I know better about all of them than to believe that such behavior is alignment indicative. I wish zebra would get her head in the game and address some concerns though, and I'd like to see some more from Wilgy and Matt. I don't know what to make of zebra and Matt's votes being cast already, frankly. I could vote for any of these three, maybe, if they fail to contribute anything else during d1 and I don't have any other even remotely confident mafia reads.

I'm really torn on agleaminranks -- I liked his contributions with respect to The Process, and that he was willing to throw out a few town reads (maybe?), but he needs to elaborate there. In contrast, I think it's easy to throw shade on Elo and DB in light of the "proposal", so those two being his only two people he'd consider a vote for at this time concerns me a bit, but to be fair to him he did express pretty limited intention in doing so (in contrast to one other player). I await more posts from him before committing to a read.

That last point brings me to nutella. I think she's brought awesome knowledge with respect to the theme, but with regards to strictly game-related content she was quick to jump on both Elo and DB for DB's proposal, and I see that as potentially convenient. She said there's possible "nefarious" intent in what DB has said; considering he proposes no current plan of action, and understanding his plan as is since he has elaborated, I don't see any such intent. I would like to hear her elucidate this matter; pending her explanation, she could move back up to null. Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe she may be taking advantage of easy targets, particularly due to the relative strong diction of her wording:
Spoiler: show
nutella wrote:OK, I'm back from graduating!! :D and caught up.

Zebra, I have no idea how you got so confused but it's pretty weird that you voted without even looking at the poll time.

Matt's inexplicable naming of Niju as the Process is perplexing and his refusal to explain it is even more so. Matt tends to be zany but I'm keeping an eye on him for this strange behavior.

I think that Drum's alliance proposition is probably a terrible idea and might have nefarious motivations. The Process is just one role/player, so even with its many powers it probably won't be impossible to get rid of, while the Camerata team is a significant threat and more in number for us to take down. I find Drum quite suspicious for the proposal and I also find Elo suspicious for expressing interest in it and then sort of covering her tracks -- although I believe that she wasn't outright agreeing to the plan in the first place but considering it as an option, but it's still kind of surprising that she jumped on it without acknowledging its suspicious nature.

There's still a whole day but it's looking likely I'll want to vote for either Drum or Elo.

linki @ Drum: huh, I don't really understand, you think the mafia can target specific elements? if they can, will we be told a process element has been eliminated? :shrug2: This all seems pretty speculative, and regardless I largely agree with niju that any degree of alliance/trusting the mafia is too risky especially in such a small game.

Aaaand there's a Cell sock account :eek:
Note the contrast between "might be nefarious" and "quite suspicious" for DB and "suspicious" for Elo. I sense a disconnect.

Furthermore, it appears to me that she suspects Elo for agreeing with a plan that she doesn't agree with, but I think Elo's train of thought regarding the matter is transparent, at least from where I'm sitting, and nutella even recognizes this to some degree but still finds Elo suspect.

Moreover, the most suspicious statement is nutella's propensity to feel OK with a vote for either Elo or DB at this point in the day phase, especially not having discussed any other reads (zebra, Matt, me, anyone else). I need to hear from nutella about this ASAP.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 75

Re: Transistor [Day 1]

Post by DrumBeats »

Here are the reads I have atm:

Town reads/leans:
MovingPictures07 - Seems to be genuinely pushing discussion
Elohcin - Active and given me no reason to suspect them. Could be a biased opinion due to them being the one person who actually acknowledged my idea without twisting it into "lets ignore the mafia"
JJJ - Seems to be genuinely scumhunting. A little less active than he seems to usually be but he's in a ton of games at once right now iirc.

Null reads:
DrWigly - How the hell do you read somebody like this
Matt - Seems to be different than the conspiracy theory Matt I've seen before, though I'm not sure what that says of his alignment. Very unhelpful and I don't like the early vote, but I'm still not sure here.

Scum reads/leans:
Zebra - Potential scumslip, plus acting WAY too confused about everything. Has contributed nothing and locked a vote way early. My largest scumread right now.
Illyria - Haven't seen much here, but one thing I noticed is that I think Illyria is just skimming. Illyria expressed distaste for my plan saying that we can't trust the mafia and then basically suggested a less civ-beneficial version my plan by saying we should just wait a few days and do it. Should that idea go through it would get rid of scum obligation in removing the threat, which makes me scum lean Illyria a bit.

Dependent read:
Nutella - Depending on the answer to my last question.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:MP Rainbow List #1

Slight Town:
AllAlongtheBoardwalk
DrumBeats
Elohcin

Null:
a2thezebra
agleaminranks
DFaraday
DrWilgy
Illyria
JaggedJimmyJay
Matt
Nerolunar
nijuukyugou
reywaS
sig
thellama73

Slight Mafia:
nutella

Currently players are NOT ranked within groups by order of suspicion; rather, they are alphabetical.

Too many nulls. Please post more, nulls! So far, reywaS hasn't posted at all, and DFaraday and sig haven't posted yet during Day 1. Did I miss anyone else? Hope to hear from them soon.

I'm town reading AATB due to his contribution to the discussion last night when I pressured him, though I want more. I wasn't sure what to make of DrumBeats but having caught up now I'm seeing his attempts to engage people with this plan as genuinely town-minded, but it's still a slight lean. Elohcin is active and I'm enjoying it; I also am reading her attempts to engage others so far as genuine, and her frustrations displayed a townie mindset. All minor, but they're all worth town reads nonetheless. I think forming town reads, even very slight at this stage, is just as important as identifying mafia leans, perhaps even more so. So I intend on trying to sort through these as the day progresses and hopefully form some more. Please help me out with that, folks! Show me your townie spark.

I don't know what to think of JJJ just yet; I know he's busier right now and in three games so I'll try not to judge him harshly for lack of supatown, but it's inevitable to hold high expectations for him. I've found his light interrogation of me to be a bit peculiar, and I don't really understand where he's coming from at all this game. I'd like to engage with him about this game in real time because we have zero mindmeld going on right now and that's just not right.

I'm OK with Illyria, nijuu, Nero, and Llama's content so far, but it's not enough to make me feel any way about their alignments just yet. I need more.

a2thezebra, DrWilgy, and Matt are all in a similar category to me right now of WTF/???/Null, because they seem to playing outwardly in a way that could be considered anti-town, but I know better about all of them than to believe that such behavior is alignment indicative. I wish zebra would get her head in the game and address some concerns though, and I'd like to see some more from Wilgy and Matt. I don't know what to make of zebra and Matt's votes being cast already, frankly. I could vote for any of these three, maybe, if they fail to contribute anything else during d1 and I don't have any other even remotely confident mafia reads.

I'm really torn on agleaminranks -- I liked his contributions with respect to The Process, and that he was willing to throw out a few town reads (maybe?), but he needs to elaborate there. In contrast, I think it's easy to throw shade on Elo and DB in light of the "proposal", so those two being his only two people he'd consider a vote for at this time concerns me a bit, but to be fair to him he did express pretty limited intention in doing so (in contrast to one other player). I await more posts from him before committing to a read.

That last point brings me to nutella. I think she's brought awesome knowledge with respect to the theme, but with regards to strictly game-related content she was quick to jump on both Elo and DB for DB's proposal, and I see that as potentially convenient. She said there's possible "nefarious" intent in what DB has said; considering he proposes no current plan of action, and understanding his plan as is since he has elaborated, I don't see any such intent. I would like to hear her elucidate this matter; pending her explanation, she could move back up to null. Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe she may be taking advantage of easy targets, particularly due to the relative strong diction of her wording:
nutella wrote:OK, I'm back from graduating!! :D and caught up.

Zebra, I have no idea how you got so confused but it's pretty weird that you voted without even looking at the poll time.

Matt's inexplicable naming of Niju as the Process is perplexing and his refusal to explain it is even more so. Matt tends to be zany but I'm keeping an eye on him for this strange behavior.

I think that Drum's alliance proposition is probably a terrible idea and might have nefarious motivations. The Process is just one role/player, so even with its many powers it probably won't be impossible to get rid of, while the Camerata team is a significant threat and more in number for us to take down. I find Drum quite suspicious for the proposal and I also find Elo suspicious for expressing interest in it and then sort of covering her tracks -- although I believe that she wasn't outright agreeing to the plan in the first place but considering it as an option, but it's still kind of surprising that she jumped on it without acknowledging its suspicious nature.

There's still a whole day but it's looking likely I'll want to vote for either Drum or Elo.

linki @ Drum: huh, I don't really understand, you think the mafia can target specific elements? if they can, will we be told a process element has been eliminated? :shrug2: This all seems pretty speculative, and regardless I largely agree with niju that any degree of alliance/trusting the mafia is too risky especially in such a small game.

Aaaand there's a Cell sock account :eek:
Note the contrast between "might be nefarious" and "quite suspicious" for DB and "suspicious" for Elo. I sense a disconnect.

Furthermore, it appears to me that she suspects Elo for agreeing with a plan that she doesn't agree with, but I think Elo's train of thought regarding the matter is transparent, at least from where I'm sitting, and nutella even recognizes this to some degree but still finds Elo suspect.

Moreover, the most suspicious statement is nutella's propensity to feel OK with a vote for either Elo or DB at this point in the day phase, especially not having discussed any other reads (zebra, Matt, me, anyone else). I need to hear from nutella about this ASAP.
Quoting this for two reasons:
1) It was the last post of the page and I don't want people to ignore it. :P What do you all think of my reads? Any comments -- agreements, disagreements, why? I feed off of all of you, and I want the feedback. Thanks!
2) To emphasize my casting of a temporary "vote" for nutella, since I didn't indicate it before.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrumBeats wrote:Here are the reads I have atm:

Town reads/leans:
MovingPictures07 - Seems to be genuinely pushing discussion
Elohcin - Active and given me no reason to suspect them. Could be a biased opinion due to them being the one person who actually acknowledged my idea without twisting it into "lets ignore the mafia"
JJJ - Seems to be genuinely scumhunting. A little less active than he seems to usually be but he's in a ton of games at once right now iirc.

Null reads:
DrWigly - How the hell do you read somebody like this
Matt - Seems to be different than the conspiracy theory Matt I've seen before, though I'm not sure what that says of his alignment. Very unhelpful and I don't like the early vote, but I'm still not sure here.

Scum reads/leans:
Zebra - Potential scumslip, plus acting WAY too confused about everything. Has contributed nothing and locked a vote way early. My largest scumread right now.
Illyria - Haven't seen much here, but one thing I noticed is that I think Illyria is just skimming. Illyria expressed distaste for my plan saying that we can't trust the mafia and then basically suggested a less civ-beneficial version my plan by saying we should just wait a few days and do it. Should that idea go through it would get rid of scum obligation in removing the threat, which makes me scum lean Illyria a bit.

Dependent read:
Nutella - Depending on the answer to my last question.
I presume everyone else not stated here is null as well?

Re: Illyria, I haven't played with her in... well, way too long (!!!!), but I haven't seen anything that would set off alarm bells from her yet. I'm not sure I caught what you're saying about the "waiting a few days" thing; can you elaborate upon this?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, that's it for me. See you all tomorrow. It'll be a busy day for me though, but I'll be sure to contribute, being the addict I am. I hope to hear more from all of you, but especially most of you who haven't been saying too much yet.

:offtobed:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

agleaminranks wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I think this is crazy interesting. If we all decided to work together, civ and scum, and get rid of the process by voting his element each day, we could rid ourselves of him completely (or at least make him vanilla) so we don't have to deal with him at all really.
How much commitment would you be willing to offer to this notion of consistently lynching Process terms rather than players? You seem to be fully on board in your language here without must hesitance or consideration, which is a curious thing in the face of any suggestion that town and baddies openly coordinate on anything.
Elohcin, I don't think this is the right strategy to take. I'm thinking the Process is a single lynchable person with formes. I'll explain in a bit.

Catching up, DrumBeats, I am extremely against this idea of the scum and the civilians secretly teaming up. Roles are scarce but given that it's a side mission it's probably safe to assume that mafia has some nightkill ability. What the hell is there in the promise of not killing civilians? Ring of Gyges, folks. Even if given the opportunity to act in unison with the whole group, they have the option of completely screwing over the civilians with a nightkill from the anonymity of this arrangement. Civs could pretty easily be getting themselves into a bind. It sounds like an inherently bad situation where the civilians are going to get the short end of the stick.
This is what I find interesting about DrumBeats's proposal. If his suggestion is followed to the letter, then I don't see how these concerns you've expressed here can apply -- even under the guise of anonymity, there's no means of the baddie team screwing the civs over via a broken arrangement if the ball is in their court to act first. Given a scenario in which they don't act first, town responds in kind. This means that town would lynch freely on Day 1 and the dynamic would develop only thereafter. It's a sort of Cold War standoff after that in which the two standard opposing factions of a Mafia game would either have to work together at least some of the time or refuse the attempt at their mutual risks.

The caveat here is that we have no idea what's involved with destroying the Process beyond just lynching the associated player, assuming that's plausible. I don't know if there's a way to improve our state of information in this thread right now, but perhaps more will be known following night 1. Until then, I will table discussion of this strategic wrinkle and focus solely on getting reads.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:"Rather standard meta point": What does that mean?

My motivation was to pressure AATB to provide content, hopefully meaningful. I think it accomplished that, so I moved it. I don't understand why that would be seen as mafia compatible instead of town compatible.
To make an assertion in one game based upon the content present in another game is the nature of metagaming.

I didn't say that it has to be mafia compatible and cannot be town compatible. I said that it was a parallel to an incident I remembered from you in the scrimmage game. I had the thought, I brought it into the thread, and I left you to answer to it. I make specific references to specific moments in other games quite frequently, it's one of my favorite analytic methods and it often reveals at least something about a player's play style whether the assertion being made is correct or incorrect.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks DB, I feel better about you now that you've expanded your thoughts on it, and I think your insistence in getting people to comprehend and consider your idea is town-minded, even if I'm still not personally sold on it.
I am inclined to agree. The viability and safety of DrumBeat's proposal can be debated, but I don't think it bears the appearance of a manipulation or a gambit. I think a rather small minority of baddies would be willing to produce this kind of proposal on Day 1 of a game in which general suspicions hadn't really developed yet -- he invited the spotlight squarely upon himself and shared an inherently controversial idea. I don't know much about DrumBeats as a player yet, but I don't get the impression he is the type to favor gigantic WIFOMburger strategies like this would be if he's bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I don't know what to think of JJJ just yet; I know he's busier right now and in three games so I'll try not to judge him harshly for lack of supatown, but it's inevitable to hold high expectations for him. I've found his light interrogation of me to be a bit peculiar, and I don't really understand where he's coming from at all this game. I'd like to engage with him about this game in real time because we have zero mindmeld going on right now and that's just not right.
The highlighted portion would imply that you have disagreed with me on things I have asserted in this game. Obviously we're not going to mindmeld in the discussion we've had about your own content, so I assume you don't mean that. What else have I said that you've found disagreeable and what state of "mindmelding" would you consider to be of the expected degree for this point in the game?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I would theorize that if DrumBeats is town, then his proposal posed a unique challenge to the baddie team. It isn't common for a public proposal to be made that town and mafia cooperate on any task, and that suggestion is inherently bound to draw some eyeballs with that in mind. Because of this, the baddies have to decide how to approach the DrumBeats proposal in the thread and also how to deal with the controversy it causes. This also applies to whichever player is the Process itself I find it mildly suspicious that some players were present in the thread after the proposal but did not provide any response to it at all.

I think this assertion applies to the following people: Nerolunar, Matt, Wilgy, llama

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 22

Post by a2thezebra »

No one died on Night 1? :omg:

I don't understand why a number of people are suspecting me. I'll probably vote for DrumBeats today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Matt »

Elohcin wrote:You just want to throw a name out there and see what happens.
So? Why are you against this? Lotta people hunt, but I'm not a hunter. I fish. niju came in and made fun of me, that was that. I'm currently null on her right now btw. Derp.

Meanwhile, shortly before this post of yours, Dr Wilgy posted this gem...
DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Any thoughts on what has transpired thus far, Wilgy?
RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU!!!
Your respone? Nada.

Then, at 5:30 PM (my time)
DrWilgy wrote:I'm mafia and I decline your offer Drum.
6:16 PM
Elohcin wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Once again since few people are acknowledging this: My plan only applies after the scum shoots an element first. The plan in no way is a "lets hunt the process while the mafia kills us" its a "hey mafia, you should kill an element instead of us, and if you do we will lynch an element too. We both need the process dead, so while we have the man power it would be best to take care of it early.
@ Epi - can scum shoot an element as their night kill instead of shooting a player?

DB I am not seeing where you are getting this info.
Again, nada on Wilgy.

How is it you came at me for my way of trying to find the bad people but you let Wilgy off the hook for saying he's a bad guy?

:eye:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Wait why have you already voted for me Matt? Was it because I voted for you yesterday? Because that was an A-C-C-I-D-E-N-T, come on. :mad:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

You are acting weird Zebra.

Theory # 7663

Zebra is the Process and/or is being controlled by the Process as we speak.

Apparently cheerleader won the poll yesterday?

Note in Zebra's latest post
a2thezebra wrote:Wait why have you already voted for me Matt? Was it because I voted for you yesterday? Because that was an A-C-C-I-D-E-N-T, come on. :mad:
Cheerleaders often spell out what they're saying while cheering. Note the a-c-c-i-d-e-n-t.

The rest of her posts on Day one have been strange, "randomizing" me and then apologizing (wut?). Being ditzy with the "omg is day not over yet??".

Discuss. Also Elohcin is bad.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You're not going to answer why you're voting for me is it just because I'm acting weird?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Also, voting for me for acting weird is like voting for Vompatti for self-voting.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

a2thezebra wrote:You're not going to answer why you're voting for me is it just because I'm acting weird?
I thought I already explained? Derp

Nah, it was late at night when I saw your vote, and then I read your post saying "wasn't day supposed to end??" and when I read that, I figured maybe you were a "end the day early" role and i was like "wut?" and i wanted to vote quick. Why not vote the person who just voted me?

But if I had my vote back, it'd go to Elo.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

What do you mean last night? You're the only one who's voted so far.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

a2thezebra wrote:What do you mean last night? You're the only one who's voted so far.
I said "it was late at night" when I read your post voting for me and subsequent post saying "wasn't day supposed to end?"...not "last night". You're being weird again.

Anyway, I've neglected the neighbor game long enough, be back later or tomorrow

Everyone discuss my idea on Zebra being the Process or being controlled by the Process!!

Aaaaand I'd like Elo to explain herself.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Wow, taking advantage of a slight misquote to dodge the question? Perhaps I should randomize my votes more often.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm kidding, I won't be randomizing my vote today.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

This has got to be the most confusing game I've ever played.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You all should be embarrassed for me for making so many errors. :haha:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:You all should be embarrassed for me for making so many errors. :haha:
What schedule had you been thinking this game is on?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:Everyone discuss my idea on Zebra being the Process or being controlled by the Process!!
I think Zebra is a valid candidate to be the Process, but not really any more than anyone else from a mechanical standpoint. I know nothing about this theme and anyone who does can contest this if they feel it prudent, but I am not sure I see Epignosis putting that kind of wrinkle into one of his roles (forcing a player to spell out a word like that because cheerleaders spell things). He seems like a serious host and that'd be more about humor than utility. I don't know, it's an incredibly speculative notion either way as is often the case in the realm of Mattmania. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt, what do you think of DrumBeats's proposal?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Matt, what do you think of DrumBeats's proposal?
The "just vote for the elements" thing?

G2H not a fan. But I'm not entirely against it either. I'd like to lynch Elo.

Give me your take on Elo complaining about my method of going after the baddies, but not saying jack about Wilgy drooling in the corner.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Matt, what do you think of DrumBeats's proposal?
The "just vote for the elements" thing?

G2H not a fan. But I'm not entirely against it either.
That's not really what he proposed. What aren't you a fan of, and why aren't you entirely against in despite that?
Matt wrote:I'd like to lynch Elo.

Give me your take on Elo complaining about my method of going after the baddies, but not saying jack about Wilgy drooling in the corner.
I'll review the exchanges you're referring to and report back.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I think the baddies should be the primary focus, and if we hit the Process in the mean time, great.

How would the baddies "target" the Process at night? Some of you seem to be under the assumption the mafia can just say "Target Cell tonight for NK". What? Wouldn't the mafia still have to guess who the Process is, target that player, and hope they landed a correct hit? I don't think it'd be just as simple as "target Cell", do you? And if that's the case, then there's no reason to call a truce with the mafia, because they wouldn't be able to hold up their end even if they wanted to.

Then again, maybe it is just as easy as saying "target Cell" or whatever. We'll see after Night 1 what they do.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I assume this is what you're referring to, Matt:
Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:What's wrong with my post?

It's totally obvi niju needs to be destroyed.

So Say We All
Please share for those of us that its not "obvi" to.
I would like Bloops to respond to my interrogation before I go any further.
Exactly. Which means you have nothing. You just want to throw a name out there and see what happens. So no. No "obvi" here.
If you're town Matt then it'd appear you were reaction-baiting by espousing a read on nijuu with a degree of confidence that you didn't really boast. That's something I like to do often myself. With that in mind, I would say that Elohcin doesn't appear to be considering your maneuver from a town perspective, which is a rather restrictive mindset. If her assertion about your maneuver is accurate, then that'd mean you believed you could motivate an actual mislynch merely by crying out a baddie read and calling it obvious. That wouldn't seem to be a terribly well-reasoned strategy on your part which would make me wonder why Eloh's first instinct was to associate you with that strategy. I could see that being a smear job by her.

As for the comparison to DrWilgy's content, I don't know that that is so meaningful. He is renown for his nonsense and he loves it. People let him go in every game at this point because he has joined the school of Vompatti.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:I think the baddies should be the primary focus, and if we hit the Process in the mean time, great.

How would the baddies "target" the Process at night? Some of you seem to be under the assumption the mafia can just say "Target Cell tonight for NK". What? Wouldn't the mafia still have to guess who the Process is, target that player, and hope they landed a correct hit? I don't think it'd be just as simple as "target Cell", do you? And if that's the case, then there's no reason to call a truce with the mafia, because they wouldn't be able to hold up their end even if they wanted to.

Then again, maybe it is just as easy as saying "target Cell" or whatever. We'll see after Night 1 what they do.
This question was posed publicly and I think Epi's response would imply that such targeting is plausible.
Epignosis wrote:
About Targeting the Elements of The Process

It seems that everyone is concerned about this mysterious force known only as "The Process," but our researchers have found that the elements of this process are surprisingly vulnerable to effects that can hinder most people. These elements can even be destroyed if targeted with such an intent.

Process elements alive: 1

Comment? >_

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I dunno, I think it's weird that she came at me for trying to start discussion while Wilgy was literally mumbling nonsense but she didn't say anything to him.

Hrm.

As for the elements, k, it looks like the Mafia can target the actual elements.

Let's see what they do and we can go from there. :beer:
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I would consider Elohcin a candidate for my final vote. I do think her treatment of Matt was rather restrictive and it didn't really indicate that she was trying to figure him out -- rather it looked like she took an immediate stance and perhaps even Matt's bait. I'm also not convinced by her response to my assertion that she was a little overzealously interested in DrumBeats's proposal. I've said that this was a unique circumstance which poses a unique reactive challenge to the baddie team. I think it's more believable for people to express at least a little bit of honest paranoia/doubt before easing into the idea. She's responded to that accusation, but I'm not entirely inspired.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:Let's see what they do and we can go from there. :beer:
That's where I'm at as well. I'd like to know everyone's perspective before we "see what they do" though, so anyone who hasn't spoken up about it please do. This is a good opportunity to challenge players.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

So, just so I understand you correctly regarding your reads: You're town reading "the few actives" (who is that exactly?) and you have mafia reads on Elo and DrumBeats for their thoughts on the proposal but minor ones, yeah?
This is funny as DB and I are a part of the "few actives" :p
Matt wrote:
Elohcin wrote:You just want to throw a name out there and see what happens.
So? Why are you against this? Lotta people hunt, but I'm not a hunter. I fish. niju came in and made fun of me, that was that. I'm currently null on her right now btw. Derp.

Meanwhile, shortly before this post of yours, Dr Wilgy posted this gem...
DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Any thoughts on what has transpired thus far, Wilgy?
RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU!!!
Your respone? Nada.

Then, at 5:30 PM (my time)
DrWilgy wrote:I'm mafia and I decline your offer Drum.
6:16 PM
Elohcin wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Once again since few people are acknowledging this: My plan only applies after the scum shoots an element first. The plan in no way is a "lets hunt the process while the mafia kills us" its a "hey mafia, you should kill an element instead of us, and if you do we will lynch an element too. We both need the process dead, so while we have the man power it would be best to take care of it early.
@ Epi - can scum shoot an element as their night kill instead of shooting a player?

DB I am not seeing where you are getting this info.
Again, nada on Wilgy.

How is it you came at me for my way of trying to find the bad people but you let Wilgy off the hook for saying he's a bad guy?

:eye:
Here we go...another Matt vs. Elo show (sung as if said by a tv host). **crowd boos**

I guess I just don't like your zany playstyle b/c it comes off as you not caring.

As for wilgy, I just figured he was cursed or something. Did he post otherwise in plain English? If so, I mis-remembered.
Matt wrote:
Discuss. Also Elohcin is bad.
Goin' fishin' again?

Well I ain't bitin'
Matt wrote:
Aaaaand I'd like Elo to explain herself.
Well, I am a 33 year old Christian woman. I've been married to our wonderful host for just under 13 years and we have three crazy, intelligent, beautiful, and hilarious children. I homeschool these children as well as run my own cakery. It allows me to help provide for my family but also be there for my kids 24/7. I believe in raising my own children and being independent from the "village" that society says we ought to be a part of. I have made my own village for my children which consists of our homeschool group of about 30 families. Politically, I am a libertarian. I think America has gotten way too big for it's britches and saying that the government has too much control is an understatement. :D How's that for explaining myself.

My POINT is, you aren't specific enough in your "fishing" as you call it.
a2thezebra wrote:This has got to be the most confusing game I've ever played.
I'm sorry Zeebs, but this seems like such an act.

And lastly, @JJJ - I just don't see zany behavior from Matt as productive and it makes me think he doesn't care about the game. I don;t think Matt is BAD. I never said that. I also don;t think I ever said that his tactics were baddie-like or un-civ. I just think they are unproductive and uncaring. That is all.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Nerolunar »

a2thezebra wrote:No one died on Night 1? :omg:

I don't understand why a number of people are suspecting me. I'll probably vote for DrumBeats today.
Because your confusion is so overblown its actually a little hilarious. Epi´s posts have been explaining everything so far and your confusion makes it look like you aren´t following or don´t care. I won´t feel shame voting for you later.

I think Drumbeats´ idea is too risky. The mafia will be too busy trying to weed out civilians and can coordinate better when a situation arises where the option to deal with the Process becomes the only choice. I think we lose more thna we gain, because the mafia will try to kill some civilians along the way, too. Just my two cents.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Whoa, this is coming out of nowhere!
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 73

Post by DrWilgy »

Matt wrote:Give me your take on Elo complaining about my method of going after the baddies, but not saying jack about Wilgy drooling in the corner.
Hey! My drool is classy!

ZEBRA WATCH OUT! Time is now going backwards!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

I'm not necessarily opposed to DB's idea, but I don't know if the baddies would actually go along with that, since it would require them to spend NKs on the Process but not the player behind it (or anyone else). We also don't know if DB's NK-then-lynch plan is even how to defeat the process.

As far as actual suspicions go, Zebra's weird behavior is striking me as very unhelpful and rather pingy. Matt a bit as well, but at least he's explained himself for the most part.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 46

Post by thellama73 »

ZOMG how is it still Day 1 and what happened to Night 0?

I'm inclined to embrace DrumBeats' plan because I don't understand the Process and I'm inclined to destroy things I don't understand.

I also saw that some people asked me questions, but I don't have good answers for them.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 46

Post by thellama73 »

I also think JJJ might be mafia. Discuss.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by reywaS »

Sorry for being tardy to the party.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Elohcin wrote:Here we go...another Matt vs. Elo show (sung as if said by a tv host). **crowd boos**

I guess I just don't like your zany playstyle b/c it comes off as you not caring.

As for wilgy, I just figured he was cursed or something. Did he post otherwise in plain English? If so, I mis-remembered.
Another Matt vs Elo show? I don't even remember us having a first show. Derp.

No worries, Elo, I care! Very much!

Your response re: Wilgy comes across as fake. Anyone agree?
Elohcin wrote:Goin' fishin' again?

Well I ain't bitin'
No, you already bit. I wasn't even trying to catch you, either.
Elohcin wrote:Well, I am a 33 year old Christian woman. I've been married to our wonderful host for just under 13 years and we have three crazy, intelligent, beautiful, and hilarious children. I homeschool these children as well as run my own cakery. It allows me to help provide for my family but also be there for my kids 24/7. I believe in raising my own children and being independent from the "village" that society says we ought to be a part of. I have made my own village for my children which consists of our homeschool group of about 30 families. Politically, I am a libertarian. I think America has gotten way too big for it's britches and saying that the government has too much control is an understatement. :D How's that for explaining myself.

My POINT is, you aren't specific enough in your "fishing" as you call it.
I don't have to be. You're bad. This post emphasizes it.
Elohcin wrote:I just don't see zany behavior from Matt as productive and it makes me think he doesn't care about the game. I don;t think Matt is BAD. I never said that. I also don;t think I ever said that his tactics were baddie-like or un-civ. I just think they are unproductive and uncaring. That is all.
So instead of trying to find baddies like I was doing, you were instead throwing a tantrum about my gameplay, on Day One. If you have a personal problem with me or my gameplay, feel free to let me know through PM so we can hash it out or go to the MoD. I believe Daisy's the mod on this one, she can be great to speak with when one is feeling frustrated.

Any time you want to find bad guys, that'd be swell tho.

In the meantime, I really wish I had my vote back cuz I would def

Vote Elohcin

@Wilgy - Dude you know I have no prob with you drooling in the corner. I just didn't like Elo coming at me for trying to find dem Mafias while letting you slide. What do you make of her response about you, "thinking Wilgy was cursed" ? I found that to be weird reason, because you act like this in most games.
Image Image Image Image
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Illyria »

Drum, and you think I am skimming? :goofp:
a2thezebra wrote:Whoa, this is coming out of nowhere!
No.. no it isn't.

I don't know you, so I can't speak to your playstyle but when several people whom I DO know are saying this is not normal, which is matching what my gut is telling me, I am going to listen.

I am reading every post, but the real crux is that I don't understand what is going with the game mechanics itself-- I am still not wanting to run w/Drum's plan (too risky) though at least I understand what you are saying better now than I did when you first posted it.

Matt, I think you and Elo have very different playstyles which can be problematic. I am reminded that you and I do as well, and you were like a damn dog with a bone decrying I was bad for what.. Four Mafia days?? I was not. I do not trust your instincts. So I am not following an Elo vote.

My list of who I suspect right now is not all that clear. So I am going to do a rainbow list like y'all like. In dark colors though, y'all are KILLING my old eyeballs with these neon and bright colors. :sigh:

Maybe Good:
MP
Matt

No Idea:
Elo
JJJ
Drum
LA
llama
Rey
sig
niju
nero
DF
AATB
agle

Maybe Bad:
Dr Wilgy
Zebra

LA, congrats that is amazing. I am so proud of you! :hugs:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 73

Post by DrWilgy »

@Matt, the only thing that sticks out to me is that a curse day one would imply that actions were preformable on the 0.

Silly Illy, you just made the easiest rainbow list to make ever. Putting Zeebs and I at maybe bad. Of course we are maybe bad!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 37

Post by agleaminranks »

As an aside: DrumBeats' plan is a terrible idea, but I don't think it's because he's bad.

I have to dash off to work and will be gone for the voting period.

Matt. I think your criticisms of zebra and Elo are both crazy and misplaced and I dislike your actions so far. Zebra has been posting nonsense that indicates nothing and I'm reading Elo as a helpful civilian right now. You get my vote today.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Illyria »

*sigh*
:sigh:

Dr Wilgy, I get that you are "zany", but your playstyle is making me want to vote for you.

But I am voting for zebra, I have to go to work and will be at work until 1 am tonight so I am voting now. Their confuzzled demeanor seems fake, and over the top.

Votes Zebra
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Elohcin »

You know, I am not going to be distracted by Matt's foolishness this game. I don;t think he is bad. I think he is just zany and his playstyle frustrates me.

My top suspect is Zebra and it is not only her overly confused behavior which seems forced and over the top. But it's also her comment about being able to trust DB in his plan to vote for an element if and only if the mafia takes out an element at night instead of a civilian. I believe her question, asking DB if she can trust him/the civs was a baddie slip.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”