Total votes: 15
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 75

Re: Transistor [Day 2]

Post by DrumBeats »

nutella wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
nutella wrote:Aw bye Illy, sad to see you go. Welcome Mac.

Drum: I admit I didn't fully understand your plan at first. But I still think it's somewhat dangerous to focus on lynching the one rogue rather than the mafia, and we don't even fully understand how targeting elements of the Process works. It just seems like a waste of lynch opportunities to me -- perhaps it would weaken the Process but at the cost of keeping the mafia alive.
Gotcha, thanks for the answer of there was no malicious intent possible. It was an opportunistic suspicion that you thought you could bank on without actually having a base for it.

Current "vote": Nutella

Fabricating a scumread for malicious intent that you cannot back up or provide makes the read feel forced and opportunistic.
What are you talking about? Of course there could be malicious intent in steering the lynches away from the mafia. I said that it would be dangerous, and it was a reasonable at the time to think you might have intentions of keeping the mafia alive. And it still could be, but again I don't really suspect you as much anymore; that doesn't mean my original suspicion was unfounded or opportunistic. It may have been exaggerated by a misunderstanding of your plan but it was still legitimate and can still apply to the clarified plan.
It definitely was opportunistic and here's why:

-All of the info about the plan was out there before you posted it. You knew it was a trade-off rather than a "Let's all lynch only the Process." Despite this, you are only highlighting the part of the plan that allows for a push, ie the "wasting" of a lynch. Intentionally neglecting the requirements for us to "waste" our lynch, which is the mafia "wasting" their kill on the previous night, makes your reasoning seem sound, despite its numerous fallacies.

-Enough people were uncomfortable with the idea at the time that it would be an opportunity for an easy push based on mere paranoia. Pointing out "malicious intent" without specifying anything was a great way to try to shift that paranoia into a mislynch, either that day or down the line.

-Nothing has changed about my plan since you made this post, but now that you have received backlash for it, the suspicion is no longer present. The only two things that have changed are that you have received backlash and that a few more people are opening up to my idea. The fact that you let go of your suspicion now shows that it is likely due to either wanting to avoid the backlash, or realizing the opportunity to push a mislynch on it is gone now, because nothing about the plan/my behavior has changed. Also, in your first response to my question about the malicious intent, you never elaborated upon it, just starting to give the "I didn't fully understand it" defense, which we will get into in the next bullet point

-The confusion about the plan allows for the easy cop out defense which you are providing right now: "I didn't understand it." It was very clearly laid out, and for town!you to develop a scumread upon it, I would expect you to have paid enough attention to it to know both aspects of it and that it hinges upon the mafia acting first, therefore maintaining a 1:1 lynch:kill ratio.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

thellama73 wrote:I am fairly willing to trust the Cell and vote young lady today, though, if others agree.
Not until the mafia kills an element first.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Young Lady »

thellama73 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm glad McDougall is here. He can usually see through the nonsense. The Cell reads JJJ as inconclusive. Is that not suspicious to anyone else?
What exactly do you think the implications might be of the Cell calling me "inconclusive". What does that mean to you?
The Cell is certainly not going to say "X player is bad", so I think an inconclusive read looks fishy.

Regarding your ISOs, I just think they have little value so early in the game. I don't really see the point of doing so many of them. Later, absolutely, but this early feels fake to me.
This Young Lady fails to grasp why the four legged mammal would vote with the Cell and not agaisnt its wicked schemes.
thellama73 wrote:Who are you going to vote for, McDougall? I'll vote however you do.
This Young Lady fails to understand why the four legged mammal would vote with the man of Galloway.

This Young Lady believes the Beating Drum fails to grasp the goal of the Lady.
This Young Lady seems to think the four legged mammal is courting the man of Galloway.
Supervisor
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:Regarding your ISOs, I just think they have little value so early in the game. I don't really see the point of doing so many of them. Later, absolutely, but this early feels fake to me.
The value of an ISO as determined by thellama73 is quite different to the value of an ISO as determined by JaggedJimmyJay. I think there are numerous things in my repertoire that you don't find strategically agreeable, to include rainbow lists, gun to head reads, et cetera. I don't really recall which ones you have criticized before but I am pretty sure it's some of them.

If you don't see value in them and your perspective is sincere, then it's because you don't play Mafia the way I play Mafia. When I provide ISOs, there are numerous motivations for that and I don't think people recognize all of them. I don't believe that I am likely to catch the entire baddie team by ISOing everyone on Day 2, but I am certainly going to bring myself closer than I would if I just left the thread to its own pace or if I ISO'd less than everyone. The ISO's drive my methods.

1. They serve as a literal process by which I can establish and develop a read in real time as I move through a player's ISO and type thoughts out wherever I have them. I usually don't even know how I feel about a player until after I've done that. I could provide some gut read, but it wouldn't have much value to me. I am not a terribly intuitive player.

2. They serve as springboards for interaction with everyone who has been ISO'd. People tend to respond to comments made about them and ISOs are all about them. It's a sure-fire way of generating game-relevant discussion that has some chance of being readable, by me and by other players. That's kind of the whole point of everything I do: build a productive game thread that is compatible with analytic methodology.

3. It's a much better way for me to acquaint myself with every player's posts than just reading the thread in proper order ever is.

#2 is often more important than #1, especially early in the game. Have you read the actual content of the ISOs? Whether you personally find them valuable or not, I was able to derive meaningful conclusions from the process about nearly every player in the game and I think that is always worth the effort. Moreover, in a thread that is otherwise moving rather slowly, those ISOs provide some additional promise to motivate the game into a better pace.

If I had my way and the time necessary, I'd ISO every player in every game. I've even done it on Day 1. This game is small enough to facilitate that kind of effort.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MP hasn't posted since Night 1. Potentially silenced.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

General question for everyone in the game:

If the baddies do not "kill" a Process element at any point, or they haven't after a few night phases have passed -- how do you think the Process should be handled?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 46

Post by thellama73 »

DFaraday wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I am fairly willing to trust the Cell and vote young lady today, though, if others agree.
Why?
Why not? I'm a trusting person, and from the result we will be able to tell the quality of the cell's information for the future.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:General question for everyone in the game:

If the baddies do not "kill" a Process element at any point, or they haven't after a few night phases have passed -- how do you think the Process should be handled?
I think we should at least lynch one of them, if for no other reason than to see what happens.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Drum, you're coming to all sorts of false conclusions about me. I've only been honest here. I didn't fully understand the plan at first because I was sort of skimming and might have missed the clearer explanation of it, I just knew that you proposed making a deal with the mafia and trusting them to help us. Those aspects of the plan are suspicious regardless of the actual plan. I don't think that we can trust them. I don't think that we can expect the mafia to target process elements instead of using their NKs on us, and they've already said as much by killing sig. The mechanic of targeting elements of the process, whether via NK or lynch, seems silly to me since the Process is just one player who could happen to be NKed or lynched just like anyone else. Maybe if the mafia do end up targeting an element I could get on board with lynching one the next day, but I don't really think it's going to happen. The mafia find it more valuable to use their NKs normally, and I find it more valuable to use our lynches normally.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dodo »

Matt wrote:Lol, I got a kick out of one element voting for the other, but as someone else said (Drum?) this is just WIFOM central and I wouldn't trust anything any of them say. I'm pretty much going to pretend they don't exist.
Scans Matt

Results: We believe Matt is detrimental to the Cloudwalk regardless of his alignment.

Young Lady wrote:
Cell wrote:Vote Selection: Young Lady

We believe a Young Lady lynch will yield favorable results.
This Young Lady believes the Cell is a minion of the Process and seeks to aid in its victory.

This Young Lady mistrusts the four legged mammal for following the wicked creature known as the cell in an attempt to destroy the lady.
We don't trust thellama73. We don't trust you.
thellama73 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Why?
Why not? I'm a trusting person, and from the result we will be able to tell the quality of the cell's information for the future.
Scans thellama73

Results: There is a 47.3% chance that lynching thellama73 today would yield a flip of the Process.

As stated before, do not trust any Cells or any socks for the remainder of the game.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

:ponder:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:MP hasn't posted since Night 1. Potentially silenced.
Just checked and one more role ability has been revealed -- it looks like silencing could be a result of targeting the same person as Royce Bracket (a mafia role), and if this is the case for MP then he can't vote either.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

Nerolunar wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:These zebra votes are seriously ridiculously suspicious at face value. If you all can't recognize that, then I don't know what to say.
Ugh, I know.

You seem to be scapegoating hard though. It makes me a little wary of you, throwing blame around. Did you defend Zebra or her actions anywhere? If this lynch was as bad as you make it out to be, you should have been more vocal about it before it happened.

Won´t it just regenerate if we kill it? I think someone(Nutella maybe) wrote something about those cells.
This struck me as a NO U, and rather inaccurate assessment of MP.
Nerolunar wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:If I know myself well, Im going to believe in a case made tomorrow and bandwagon. Thats how it usually is for me at this stage. Im not proud, just saying.
Hold the phone. Why is that a bad thing?

You are preemptively setting yourself up for failure, but only becaused you defined the action as failure. Why?
Because I struggle forming independent reads in the beginning of a game and it bugs me. I think it is a bad thing that I must rely on other player´s cases.

At least I am able to reflect on this, I guess.

Ugh I just need to be better at mafia. 7 losses in a row have made me a little sour.
This feels genuine, but in a game with Mafia and an Independent threat, isn't necessarily indicative of alignment. There wasn't a lot to go on, but I'd read Nero as mildly baddie based on his posts.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

All right, I don't want to miss the vote again, so I'm going for JJJ.

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 73

Post by DrWilgy »

Cake Lady hasn't been here. Civ or mafia her lack of response to me seals the deal. I guess it's time.

Eloooooh
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Matt »

Cell wrote:
Matt wrote:Lol, I got a kick out of one element voting for the other, but as someone else said (Drum?) this is just WIFOM central and I wouldn't trust anything any of them say. I'm pretty much going to pretend they don't exist.
Scans Matt

Results: We believe Matt is detrimental to the Cloudwalk regardless of his alignment.
Why? I pretty much agreed with you that no socks should be listened to, I just went one step further and threw you in with that bunch. You make no sense.

I'm going to get the ball rolling on Elohcin. She's clearly bad. I was conflicted for a second, thinking maybe she was just frazzled at me for my gameplay, but she's been unable or unwilling to answer most questions directed at her, and when she does they make no sense.

Linki - Ninja'd by the Doc :ninja:
Image Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DrWilgy wrote:Cake Lady hasn't been here. Civ or mafia her lack of response to me seals the deal. I guess it's time.

Eloooooh
I'm inclined to agree. I'll be around for a little bit before the poll ends so I'll give her a chance to come in and say something, but so far she has ignored a lot of suspicion directed at her.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Elohcin »

DrWilgy wrote:Cake Lady hasn't been here. Civ or mafia her lack of response to me seals the deal. I guess it's time.

Eloooooh
Sorry, I've been busy with cakes and cupcakes the past two days. Have a wedding and a birthday! Then I took my kids to the park today after finishing my work. I am here and catching up.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Matt wrote:
Cell wrote:
Scans Matt

Why? I pretty much agreed with you that no socks should be listened to, I just went one step further and threw you in with that bunch. You make no sense.

I'm going to get the ball rolling on Elohcin. She's clearly bad. I was conflicted for a second, thinking maybe she was just frazzled at me for my gameplay, but she's been unable or unwilling to answer most questions directed at her, and when she does they make no sense.

Please. State your questions, I will answer. I hadn't seen any questions form you, just name calling.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Matt »

Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:
Cell wrote:
Scans Matt

Please. State your questions, I will answer. I hadn't seen any questions form you, just name calling.
K, this was a day or two ago...
Matt wrote:I played Spirited Away, but died fairly soon I think.

Elo - Do you have a rebuttal to niju's claim that you should remember how Wilgy was in that game?

Elo - Throughout the phase, Wilgy has been speaking in English in every post except for one, so how did you come to the conclusion he was cursed?
After going through my ISO, I do apologize for referring to you as "hon". Otherwise, I don't know what you're talkin' about "name calling", but mkay.

Anyway, answers?
Image Image Image Image
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 79

Post by kneel4justice »

thellama73 wrote:JJJ has done nothing to ameliorate my distrust in him. It started off as a hunch, but doing ISOs on every single player on Day 2 is trying way too hard to appear helpful. I don't buy it, good sirs. I don't buy it one bit.
I was actually feeling good about JJJ's posts. But, I can see it as a way to appear helpful too. I myself thought it was kind of early but just figured that is the type of player that JJJ is. If he did it as mafia, that's pretty impressive. I more so was inclined to believe it would be more unnecessary if he were to be mafia.
Is it not normal for him to do ISO's at this stage of the game?
As for you finding Cell's assessment of JJJ to be an indication of alignment...I don't understand your thinking behind that. At the first read, I was not taking it very serious. Then the Wilgy joke kind of confirmed in my mind that it was more so a troll than having some inside insight. Have you changed your perspective on the Cell's readings since there have now been more?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

thellama73 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Why?
I can't tell if you're being serious?
This would be a waste, no? The Cell said that if there is a Cell after D1 and D2 it is not to be trusted.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

DFaraday wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:These zebra votes are seriously ridiculously suspicious at face value. If you all can't recognize that, then I don't know what to say.
Ugh, I know.

You seem to be scapegoating hard though. It makes me a little wary of you, throwing blame around. Did you defend Zebra or her actions anywhere? If this lynch was as bad as you make it out to be, you should have been more vocal about it before it happened.

Won´t it just regenerate if we kill it? I think someone(Nutella maybe) wrote something about those cells.
This struck me as a NO U, and rather inaccurate assessment of MP.
Nerolunar wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:If I know myself well, Im going to believe in a case made tomorrow and bandwagon. Thats how it usually is for me at this stage. Im not proud, just saying.
Hold the phone. Why is that a bad thing?

You are preemptively setting yourself up for failure, but only becaused you defined the action as failure. Why?
Because I struggle forming independent reads in the beginning of a game and it bugs me. I think it is a bad thing that I must rely on other player´s cases.

At least I am able to reflect on this, I guess.

Ugh I just need to be better at mafia. 7 losses in a row have made me a little sour.
This feels genuine, but in a game with Mafia and an Independent threat, isn't necessarily indicative of alignment. There wasn't a lot to go on, but I'd read Nero as mildly baddie based on his posts.
I had missed some of these posts...The second portion that you quoted is concerning to me. I don't know Nero, but this feels like an appeal to emotion and my experience with posts similar to these are that they come from baddies.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Nerolunar »

I don´t know who to vote for, so I will go with the Young Lady. I feel like it could be more harmful than the Cell.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 37

Post by agleaminranks »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Going through some more ISOs from people who voted anywhere other than Zebra.

agleaminranks
agleaminranks wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I think this is crazy interesting. If we all decided to work together, civ and scum, and get rid of the process by voting his element each day, we could rid ourselves of him completely (or at least make him vanilla) so we don't have to deal with him at all really.
How much commitment would you be willing to offer to this notion of consistently lynching Process terms rather than players? You seem to be fully on board in your language here without must hesitance or consideration, which is a curious thing in the face of any suggestion that town and baddies openly coordinate on anything.
Elohcin, I don't think this is the right strategy to take. I'm thinking the Process is a single lynchable person with formes. I'll explain in a bit.

Catching up, DrumBeats, I am extremely against this idea of the scum and the civilians secretly teaming up. Roles are scarce but given that it's a side mission it's probably safe to assume that mafia has some nightkill ability. What the hell is there in the promise of not killing civilians? Ring of Gyges, folks. Even if given the opportunity to act in unison with the whole group, they have the option of completely screwing over the civilians with a nightkill from the anonymity of this arrangement. Civs could pretty easily be getting themselves into a bind. It sounds like an inherently bad situation where the civilians are going to get the short end of the stick.

Also, thoughts re: Cell. So, Cheerleader won the poll yesterday is my guess. Host says the Process will manifest itself in many ways. I'm guessing the Process is manifest in the Cheerleader form now, and it has that ability, and this is why it was revealed.
The Cheerleader role also specifies that it can protect a Process element from being nightkilled. And here Cell shows up in the daily lynch section.
It seems most likely that possibly the Process is either able to change elements on a daily basis and this will be what reveals the role, is my guess.
My original guess was that perhaps by voting the element it would force the Process to change to that element, but given that the Cheerleader role mentions nightkill protection from elements, they're capable of being killed, and this would then prevent the Process from becoming that element. So, we have one element on the lynch list which we could eliminate. But I wonder why Cell specifically shows up, versus other elements, or elements as a whole. Something to do with the Process's selection, or Host's discrimination? Maybe it's what element the Process is planning on taking tomorrow?

So, tl;dr, I think the elements are formes that the Process takes, rather than someone being behind it, as someone speculated earlier (don't remember who at the moment, sorry). I think we can vote to kill the element to prevent the Process from taking that forme later, but the Process is still someone out there amongst our ranks. Given that we don't know what the hell the role does and if this is true we're lynching essentially nobody, it's giving the civilians fewer opportunities to nab a baddie early on. In a bigger game I would want to focus more on preserving civilian life without eliminating indiscriminately, but I don't think we have that luxury here. Gotta get on the hunt, or the civs are in trouble. Look at Barry Lyndon.

I propose we skip the Cell voting for now. Focus on baddy hunting. Right now, the Process has a defensive element and is less able to do anything serious. This is the moment to strike.

Initial reads on the few actives on here have been pretty good. I can follow up more on that if anyone wants. DrumBeat's post about strategy seems to favor the baddies but it only strikes me as marginally pingy. I would be tempted to vote for them, but it's a little too early to have more than just a sinking suspicion on little evidence. Elohcin glomming on to that strategy might be something of note too.
agleam was probably the player most staunchly opposed to the baddies/townies bargain proposed by DrumBeats. He goes to good lengths to explain his perspective and my immediate inclination is to think he misinterpreted DrumBeats's proposition (primarily overlooking the detail that it'd require waiting for the baddies to make the first move) instead of something more nefarious i.e. a baddie trying to collective civilian credit by yelling about a controversial idea.

If there's something suspicious about this post it'd be the bit I highlighted, merely because it's quite a waffle on DrumBeats. agleam seems to cover a wide portion of the reads spectrum here, suggesting that DrumBeats' plan is pro-baddie, but it isn't suspicious, but he could be vote-worthy, but he might not deserve that. Numerous caveats. That's a read I'd like you to restate now please, agleam: what do you think of DrumBeats in the immediate present?
agleaminranks wrote:As an aside: DrumBeats' plan is a terrible idea, but I don't think it's because he's bad.

I have to dash off to work and will be gone for the voting period.

Matt. I think your criticisms of zebra and Elo are both crazy and misplaced and I dislike your actions so far. Zebra has been posting nonsense that indicates nothing and I'm reading Elo as a helpful civilian right now. You get my vote today.
This is his vote for Matt, supported by an perspective that on Day 1 was quite unique and unpopular. He didn't like Matt's Zebra vote, which was mildly unpopular on Day 1 at least from the crowd who didn't partake in it, and he defended Elohcin as a civilian read. I at least appreciate that agleam is willing to take stances that weren't en vogue. A free thinker who vocalizes his unpopular opinions is more often a town trait than a baddie trait I think.
agleaminranks wrote:
Effin' seriously. There was nothing to be gotten out of zebra's posting yesterday. I don't know if she was insanified or just out of it for this game. Maybe both are likely.
sig wrote:That wasn't a good lynch at all, she was obviously cursed or something and Wilgy why did you push to lynch me when I couldn't talk.
sig, I'm not sure if I buy that you were silenced. I know some sort of night action was in place, but I highly doubt that both you were silenced and zebra was insanified. If you read my analysis of what I think the Process' element for the time was, I don't know if it's possible for the mafia to do both so quickly. I'm just not taking it. Either zebra was insanified or you were silenced, not both. Given that poor zebra flipped civilian you're not looking too hot to me. :eye:

It seems to me like the nighttime vote is to reveal one of the Process' elements? A reasonable use of the nighttime I think.
This is perhaps WIFOM, but I kind of doubt agleam would throw all this shade at sig and then promptly kill him as a baddie. That's a nice look.

~~~

I think he looks okay for the most part. I made one point that I'd like him to address related to the highlighted content in the first post.
Hi JJJ, I'll respond to your highlighted post right now.

I do realize that I seem to have missed the part about DB's intention to wait for the baddies to act, although I see absolutely no reason that that caveat would put the balance of power equally in terms of the civilians. So far as I know, the Process is out to get the mafia too.

I think if you look at my post, I don't call out DB or give a substantial read on him one way or the other until the statement you highlight. I spend my time criticizing his strategy and why, from my perspective or understanding, possibly misinformed as it may be (though I still doubt that), it is a bad strategy. The only reason it pinged me slightly is because I believe DB proposed this without possibly realizing the ramifications of how it may help the baddies as I laid out. I had hoped that my explanation could inform both Elo and DB as to why it was a bad idea. I believe it more likely that DB made the proposal with the serious intention that, from his understanding, it could help the civilians. It felt more likely that he was simply a civilian trying to make a strategy given the unique structure of this game rather than a baddie trying to exploit it, and given that it was only day 1, I did not have enough evidence in his actions to support him being bad over being good. Like I've mentioned before, I'm more willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt on day one when I do not have enough evidence to sway one way or another.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Matt wrote:

Elo - Do you have a rebuttal to niju's claim that you should remember how Wilgy was in that game?

Elo - Throughout the phase, Wilgy has been speaking in English in every post except for one, so how did you come to the conclusion he was cursed?
After going through my ISO, I do apologize for referring to you as "hon". Otherwise, I don't know what you're talkin' about "name calling", but mkay.

Anyway, answers?
As for the first question: I have said this before and I will say it again. Between my job, homeschooling, and household matters, I only have enough capacity in my brain for one mafia game at a time. Once I am done with a game, I put it out of my head and focus on what's at hand. I am the same way with my business. I focus on this week's cakes and this week's only. I have several order forms in my business folder, but I don't pull them out until it's time to shop for ingredients for that week. I can't keep that many things at the forefront of my mind. I know several of you can. Epi, for one, can read 6 or 7 books at once an remember what's going on in each. All while playing and hosting mafia and keeping up with several shows. And then on top of that, I bet he could recall the last 7 mafia games he played in order. Me? I know, of course, I hosted DA most recently. I think before that I was in....I think an MP game. I cannot even recall. Before that it was Rocky & Bullwinkle, I think. Call me stupid, but I just can't do it. My brain doesn't retain info well :P I am a second child and my older brother graduated with a 4.3 (validictorian) and I never saw him crack a book. I worked hard and struggled for my As and Bs. But, I am creative and I have more common sense than the next guy. We're all different. You can't say I'm bad b/c my brian doesn;t retain info like the rest of you smarties in here. I won't stand for it. I heard one too many times, "why can't you be more like your brother." I won't stand for anything like that here.

Second question: I answered this one. Wilgy's gibberish post was towards the beginning of Day 1. Night actions were used Night 0. I had been mostly focused on your posts so far during Day 1 and paid more attention to you than anyone else and I know I shouldn't have. I should have let you do your thing and just shut up b/c it aided us in lynching a civ Day 1. Anyway...so I was paying more attention to you than him(remember I am a focused person and don't keep a lot in the forefront of my mind at the same time) and that was the first post of his that I could recall. So when I made of note of seeing it, my brain automatically though, "hmm, he must have been cursed. Carrying on... Matt is annoying the hell out of me." :D So when you asked about why I hadn't been all over wilgy's case as I was all over yours. I just wrote what I recalled thinking when I saw his post. AND, even though he wasn't being helpful in my opinion. I didn't think he was being too harmful as I thought you were. But I guess calling out names and accusing them to be a particular role is a genuine playstyle. I just hope that if you stick around, that you will not only say things like, "niju is the professor, let's lynch her" But that you will actually build some cases as to why you think those things.

Oh, and I think I said that wrong. I don't mean name calling. I mean naming players as bad with no explanation. Sorry abotu that, the misunderstanding was my miscommunication for sure.
agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

I voted for Matt because I didn't like his general attacks or discussion style up to that point, but I can't point to one specific post that highlights this uneasiness of mine; rather, it was more of a strong gut feel. I will analyze his posts more thoroughly and attempt to gain some insight into it.

There's also has to be some significance to sig being nightkilled. I will revisit his posts as well. I mentioned that I found it highly suspicious and unlikely that both sig and zebra were silenced and insanified, respectively. MP was one who voiced disdain for my claim, and while I agreed with him about disliking the zebra vote, he did not seem to agree with me. In fact, if sig were lynched after I made such a claim, it might put me in a bad position. If MP were mafia, it seems sensical to me to make such a nightkill to put the doubt upon myself in this case. I feel a little less good about MP all of a sudden. I don't have much concrete evidence other than that theory, but I don't like it much.

JJJ, I am inclined to disagree with llama and Mac. At least from my perspective (again, someone who has had no mafia experience with you before this game, I believe), it feels much more likely that a civilian would be willing to put that much time and effort into extensive ISOs regardless of the day. This game is very clearly serious at this point. There is much to discuss and much to analyze.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dodo »

This will be our final transmission. Future Cells cannot be trusted. Future Socks cannot be trusted. We believe it is in the civilian and mafia's best interests to work together to eliminate the Process.. Do as you will.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 56

Post by MacDougall »

Voting for Darth Wilgy. I believe he breadcrumbed a scum read of sig then killed him for wifom reasons.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:Voting for Darth Wilgy. I believe he breadcrumbed a scum read of sig then killed him for wifom reasons.
Dammit Mac's civ.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Voting for Darth Wilgy. I believe he breadcrumbed a scum read of sig then killed him for wifom reasons.
Dammit Mac's civ.
How did u guess?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Dammit Mac's civ.
How did u guess?
Baddie Mac wouldn't make such an obsure frame.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Does this mean you are you going to kill me Darth?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Alright, I'm giving Eloh another chance and voting for Nerolunar because he is bad. Just a strong gut feeling that has emerged from his last several posts. I feel similarly about DF, and to a lesser extent llama.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:Does this mean you are you going to kill me Darth?
Prolly.
Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Cell wrote:This will be our final transmission. Future Cells cannot be trusted. Future Socks cannot be trusted. We believe it is in the civilian and mafia's best interests to work together to eliminate the Process.. Do as you will.
Maybe I'm crazy for thinking this. But could Cell be the host?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

This is silly. It took afew min for the super Zebra wagon to form. 2 hours left this cycle and there's still almost even votes? We are on the right track here. Baddies make up your mind already. Will you save or will you bus?
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote:
Prolly.
That's uncool

Eliminate this man
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Prolly.
That's uncool

Eliminate this man
Just callin it as it is. Would you rather me lie to you?

Nutella, it's pretty suspect that you would say that you are waiting for Eloh to comment before placing your Votey McVoteFace and then not comment on her appearance. Anything to say on this matter?
Image Image Image
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

nutella wrote:Alright, I'm giving Eloh another chance and voting for Nerolunar because he is bad. Just a strong gut feeling that has emerged from his last several posts. I feel similarly about DF, and to a lesser extent llama.
So, what do you make of DF suspicion of Nero? Do you think they're teammates? I don't recall a lot of opinions from DF (if I missed something, please let me know)...so I would be inclined to believe that the few suspicions that DF does share, if he were bad, wouldn't be a teammate. Especially considering Nero was not really under fire.

I do have a question for DF and that is, did you find Nero's post about following a bandwagon suspicious or not? You said that the defense about wanting to be a better player read genuine, but you still suspected - can you explain a bit more in depth?

As for Nero...I do think the posts are suspicious, but I haven't decided if it means bad alignment. It might truly be coming from a player who doesn't have much faith in their scumhunting abilities. While I disagree with Nero's vote, I can't be sure it equals baddie.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

kneel4justice wrote:
thellama73 wrote:JJJ has done nothing to ameliorate my distrust in him. It started off as a hunch, but doing ISOs on every single player on Day 2 is trying way too hard to appear helpful. I don't buy it, good sirs. I don't buy it one bit.
I was actually feeling good about JJJ's posts. But, I can see it as a way to appear helpful too. I myself thought it was kind of early but just figured that is the type of player that JJJ is. If he did it as mafia, that's pretty impressive. I more so was inclined to believe it would be more unnecessary if he were to be mafia.
Is it not normal for him to do ISO's at this stage of the game?
As for you finding Cell's assessment of JJJ to be an indication of alignment...I don't understand your thinking behind that. At the first read, I was not taking it very serious. Then the Wilgy joke kind of confirmed in my mind that it was more so a troll than having some inside insight. Have you changed your perspective on the Cell's readings since there have now been more?
On its own, I wouldn't have put much stock in the Cell's read, but since I already suspected JJJ and that read did nothing to contradict me, I interpret it as a piece of supporting evidence.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think the best lynch available is Elochin and that's where I'm voting.

I don't feel her responses to accusations have really addressed the specific points made against her. I get the impression she has been more inclined to discredit Matt than to pay respect to his accusations.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm not thrilled about the notion of voting for one of the sockpuppets after a Day 1 town lynch and the night kill. The ratios were already precarious to start the game, and at 10:4:1 I think it's important to try to get a baddie immediately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

Going back, Matt has done little but tunnel Elohcin since the last night phase. But his retorts seem a little more serious this time, and he is pressing for serious questions.

I don't know how I feel about Elohcin at this point. She had one post that pinged me but her clarification made me backtrack that thought. I will try to get a read before the day ends.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Argghhhhhhhh just did the thing with having too many tabs and thoughts and accidentally closed my post :fist: Let's try this again, and then I need to procure libations for the evening/week.

But first, as a side note, for those saying MP is silenced, he did post the following on Night 1:
MovingPictures07 wrote:As for me, I have to go now, and the next 48 hours or so I'll be pretty busy. I wanted to make sure to sneak in some Night posting while I could before the period ended (1) in case I die tonight, or otherwise (2) due to the next 48-hour period. I'll contribute what I can. I think we should widen the discussion of players. I'd like to perform some ISO analyses, but they're a bit meaningless this early and without a mafia flip, and I'm short on time until near the end of Day 2. So we'll see. Someone else feel free to do them if you're so inclined (JJJ, I'm looking at you primarily).
So I'm thinking he'll appear within the next hour or so, but then again, it WAS Night 1 when he posted, so...we'll find out. That was kind of a useless comment.

I'm feeling most pinged still by Eloh and now nutella. First, Eloh:
Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:

Anyway, answers?
As for the first question: I have said this before and I will say it again. Between my job, homeschooling, and household matters, I only have enough capacity in my brain for one mafia game at a time. Once I am done with a game, I put it out of my head and focus on what's at hand. I am the same way with my business. I focus on this week's cakes and this week's only. I have several order forms in my business folder, but I don't pull them out until it's time to shop for ingredients for that week. I can't keep that many things at the forefront of my mind. I know several of you can. Epi, for one, can read 6 or 7 books at once an remember what's going on in each. All while playing and hosting mafia and keeping up with several shows. And then on top of that, I bet he could recall the last 7 mafia games he played in order. Me? I know, of course, I hosted DA most recently. I think before that I was in....I think an MP game. I cannot even recall. Before that it was Rocky & Bullwinkle, I think. Call me stupid, but I just can't do it. My brain doesn't retain info well :P I am a second child and my older brother graduated with a 4.3 (validictorian) and I never saw him crack a book. I worked hard and struggled for my As and Bs. But, I am creative and I have more common sense than the next guy. We're all different. You can't say I'm bad b/c my brian doesn;t retain info like the rest of you smarties in here. I won't stand for it. I heard one too many times, "why can't you be more like your brother." I won't stand for anything like that here.

Second question: I answered this one. Wilgy's gibberish post was towards the beginning of Day 1. Night actions were used Night 0. I had been mostly focused on your posts so far during Day 1 and paid more attention to you than anyone else and I know I shouldn't have. I should have let you do your thing and just shut up b/c it aided us in lynching a civ Day 1. Anyway...so I was paying more attention to you than him(remember I am a focused person and don't keep a lot in the forefront of my mind at the same time) and that was the first post of his that I could recall. So when I made of note of seeing it, my brain automatically though, "hmm, he must have been cursed. Carrying on... Matt is annoying the hell out of me." :D So when you asked about why I hadn't been all over wilgy's case as I was all over yours. I just wrote what I recalled thinking when I saw his post. AND, even though he wasn't being helpful in my opinion. I didn't think he was being too harmful as I thought you were. But I guess calling out names and accusing them to be a particular role is a genuine playstyle. I just hope that if you stick around, that you will not only say things like, "niju is the professor, let's lynch her" But that you will actually build some cases as to why you think those things.

Oh, and I think I said that wrong. I don't mean name calling. I mean naming players as bad with no explanation. Sorry abotu that, the misunderstanding was my miscommunication for sure.
I think you're selling yourself short here. At no point do you play a stupid game, at least in my experience (and hell, you're often busier than I am, and I've played my fair share of stupid, detached games lately). Perhaps you don't retain specifics of games from a while back. I need a refresher, too, most of the time. But you were extra frustrated with the crazy playing in Spirited Away, HIS crazy playing, and you don't seem to remember, yet you remember being frustrated with Matt and being bad with him from a game from farther back than Spirited Away, and kept referring back to it when you voiced your frustration with Matt's playing. But say I give you the benefit of the doubt here, and take you at your word that you really don't remember Wilgy's playing (after all, you do have the Crazy Cake Lady life ;) ). How do you forget about Wilgy, thinking he's cursed, forget about his ridiculous playing that made you mad in a very recent game, but focus ONLY on Matt for similar playing, and remember that game with him from long ago? You're hella smarter than you're letting on, and I don't buy it.

As for nutella:
nutella wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
nutella wrote:Aw bye Illy, sad to see you go. Welcome Mac.

Drum: I admit I didn't fully understand your plan at first. But I still think it's somewhat dangerous to focus on lynching the one rogue rather than the mafia, and we don't even fully understand how targeting elements of the Process works. It just seems like a waste of lynch opportunities to me -- perhaps it would weaken the Process but at the cost of keeping the mafia alive.
Gotcha, thanks for the answer of there was no malicious intent possible. It was an opportunistic suspicion that you thought you could bank on without actually having a base for it.

Current "vote": Nutella

Fabricating a scumread for malicious intent that you cannot back up or provide makes the read feel forced and opportunistic.
What are you talking about? Of course there could be malicious intent in steering the lynches away from the mafia. I said that it would be dangerous, and it was a reasonable at the time to think you might have intentions of keeping the mafia alive. And it still could be, but again I don't really suspect you as much anymore; that doesn't mean my original suspicion was unfounded or opportunistic. It may have been exaggerated by a misunderstanding of your plan but it was still legitimate and can still apply to the clarified plan.
I agree with responses given to this, mainly that, upon closer inspection, that is the very definition of opportunistic - jumping on someone's risky plan/behavior and calling them bad for it, and now you're backtracking. Smells bad. Doesn't smell like delicious hazelnut spread.

There's more to add to that, and I plan to at some point, but I also really want to get this posted (it always takes me far too long to do so). I'm going to go with my first suspicion today, Eloh.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:On its own, I wouldn't have put much stock in the Cell's read, but since I already suspected JJJ and that read did nothing to contradict me, I interpret it as a piece of supporting evidence.
You suggest before that you didn't think Cell would openly call me bad, so its use of "inconclusive" instead could be reason to suspect me. It has since been more overtly negative about you:
Cell wrote:
Scans Matt

Young Lady wrote:
Cell wrote:Vote Selection: Young Lady

We believe a Young Lady lynch will yield favorable results.
This Young Lady believes the Cell is a minion of the Process and seeks to aid in its victory.

This Young Lady mistrusts the four legged mammal for following the wicked creature known as the cell in an attempt to destroy the lady.
We don't trust thellama73. We don't trust you.
thellama73 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Why?
Scans thellama73

Results: There is a 47.3% chance that lynching thellama73 today would yield a flip of the Process.

As stated before, do not trust any Cells or any socks for the remainder of the game.
Do you still feel that Cell calling me "inconclusive" has any meaning with regard to my alignment?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

agleaminranks
The Mark

Post by agleaminranks »

agleaminranks wrote:Going back, Matt has done little but tunnel Elohcin since the last night phase. But his retorts seem a little more serious this time, and he is pressing for serious questions.

I don't know how I feel about Elohcin at this point. She had one post that pinged me but her clarification made me backtrack that thought. I will try to get a read before the day ends.
Just glancing back over her posts, Elo feels like a frustrated civilian to me more than a baddie. I believe her claims about extra-game commitments, it does feel to me like she's just frustrated from answering a lot of the same questions over and over again. I am hesitant to place my vote on her today.

What does worry me more is MP. It's possible he was silenced, it's equally possible he's just busy, but it also seems a little convenient from my perspective his absence and antecedent remarks about speculated abilities and nightkills.

MovingPictures.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

I've laid out my reasons and I do not find Elo to be a better option imo.

Nutella
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

I'm out right now. Going to vote Eloh because she hasn't done anything to settle my initial suspicions.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Young Lady »

This young lady dislikes being probed
This young lady isn't at an aeroplane location.
This young lady believes the process minor probes.
This young lady will be voting Moon for his love of probey
Supervisor

Return to “Previous Side Missions”