Fairview (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
33%

Total votes: 15
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 40

Re: Transistor [Day 2]

Post by Elohcin »

@Niju- I didn't say I played a stupid game or played stupidly. I've become a pretty good player in speed games, I think. I used the word stupid when referring to the fact that I can only hold so much in the forefront of my mind and once I let it go, its either gone or so far deep inside that it's difficult to recover. I swear I am going to be the old lady with Alzheimer.

eenie meenie miney moe.....Cell
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 79

Re: Transistor [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Locate the Camerata and/or The Process.

Poll runs till Fri May 20, 2016 8:53 pm

agleaminranks
No votes

AllAlongtheBoardwalk
No votes

Cell
Elohcin (21)
5%

DFaraday
No votes

DrumBeats
No votes

DrWilgy
MacDougall (12)
5%

Elohcin
DrWilgy (9), Matt (10), JaggedJimmyJay (14), nijuukyugou (15), kneel4justice (19)
24%

Illyria
No votes

JaggedJimmyJay
thellama73 (8)
5%

Matt
No votes

MovingPictures07
agleaminranks (16)
5%

Nerolunar
nutella (13), Young Lady (20)
10%

nijuukyugou
No votes

nutella
DrumBeats (17)
5%

reywaS
No votes

thellama73
No votes

Young Lady
Cell (5), Nerolunar (11)
10%

Fairview (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Metalmarsh89 (2), sig (3), Spacedaisy (4), Scotty (6), ika (7), a2thezebra (18)
33%

Total votes : 21
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 2 Ends: In Circles

No, I won’t. Not you.
Elohcin has been lynched.
Spoiler: show
It is now Night 2. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs and vote.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Transistor [Night 2]

Post by nutella »

Sweet result! I guess my last-minute change of heart was misguided. I know that doesn't look good for me, but like Gleam when I reread Eloh she looked more genuine and was trying to defend herself. After her last response before my vote I kind of went back and forth on what I thought of it but I decided that my suspicion of Nero was stronger.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Young Lady »

This Young Lady is happy with the results, but it won't aid.
This Young Lady if the Dark Master isn't eliminated.
This Young Lady believes the Moon or the four legged mammal are the tools of Probey and its Dark Master.
Supervisor
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 73

Post by DrWilgy »

Aww... There goes my team buddie.

Hmm... Why did Sig die?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 75

Post by DrumBeats »

Good catch on Elo people who voted her.

Is everyone willing to do a 1:1 exchange with the mafia right now, assuming they strike first? We can't ignore the process throughout the game and expect to win imo
AllAlongTheBoardwalk
Posts in topic: 21

Post by AllAlongTheBoardwalk »

Finally back...been really busy but I'm gonna catch up.

Also, good move lynching Elo, looks like I didn't miss much of anything with that result since I had voted for him Day 1 (I'm pretty sure anyway).
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

This Doctor thinks Mac needs to be looked at in regards to process association.

This Doctor supports a healthy Nutella lunch tomorrow!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

I'm so sorry I missed the vote! I unexpectedly had to work late and wasn't able to check in.

I wasn't really feeling the Elo suspicion, so good call, Elo voters! I would have voted Nero, though I'll have to rethink that suspicion in light of this result.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I hate being silenced! :sigh:

On the plus side, glad to see Elo go and flip mafia. :slick:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:In summary I think there's a valid reason to suspect nearly everyone in the Zebra wagon. The only vote that I don't find especially troubling is Matt's. I am sure not everyone else in that wagon is a baddie, so it's important that everyone involved say their piece and enable a fuller conversation.
How would you rank them in terms of least to most suspicious? I'm going to mull over that myself now that we know Elo was mafia and provide my ranking.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote:ok, sorry I have not been here, just caught up but it is kinda a blur. RIP zebra and sig.

MP, your reasons for suspecting me seem to be mostly the fact that I found Elo and Drum suspicious and that my "relatively strong diction" or whatever. Idk man I was just expressing my reaction to their posts and found them suspicious. After Drum explained what he meant a bit more clearly I don't really suspect him as much, but I've been finding Elo to be more suspicious and it looks like she was sort of evasive yesterday so I will be looking at her today. I haven't gotten particular pings from anyone else but I'm interested in hearing more from Illy, Nero, and Llama.
When you get the chance, I'm intrigued to hear more detail about why you inevitably went with Nero over Elo (and Illy and Llama).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

kneel4justice wrote:Also - is there a gender guide somewhere or can someone give me one? I'm struggling lol
I don't recall seeing anyone answer this.

agleaminranks
AllAlongtheBoardwalk
DFaraday
DrumBeats
DrWilgy
JaggedJimmyJay
kneel4justice (reywaS)
MacDougall
(Illyria)
Matt
MovingPictures07
Nerolunar

nijuukyugou
nutella

thellama73
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Cell wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Cell! Talk to me bae
Scans DrWilgy

Results: Not a doctor.
The following people are probably too new to The Syndicate to be familiar with this joke (correct me if I'm wrong):

agleaminranks
DrumBeats
Illyria
kneel4justice

Less likely to be the Process.
I'd agree with this list FWIW.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JJJ, in response to your ISO of me (I clipped just the one point you wanted me to address):
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:MovingPictures07
MovingPictures07 wrote:a2thezebra, DrWilgy, and Matt are all in a similar category to me right now of WTF/???/Null, because they seem to playing outwardly in a way that could be considered anti-town, but I know better about all of them than to believe that such behavior is alignment indicative. I wish zebra would get her head in the game and address some concerns though, and I'd like to see some more from Wilgy and Matt. I don't know what to make of zebra and Matt's votes being cast already, frankly. I could vote for any of these three, maybe, if they fail to contribute anything else during d1 and I don't have any other even remotely confident mafia reads.
MP assembled this "WTF/???/Null" pile with Zebra, Wilgy, and Matt. I'm not sure why Matt needs to be lumped in there but the other two were regarded that way by most I think. The yellow highlighted portion reiterates MP's stance that Zebra's behavior shouldn't be perceived as alignment-indicative, perhaps a precursor to his current more emotive admonishments.

The orange bit though is contrary to that current mindset MP has adopted -- he said he "could vote for any of these three, maybe..." which would include Zebra. It can be argued whether this constitutes "support" for the lynch, but it's definitely not resistance to it. This is perhaps the most suspicious moment of MP's posts so far and it's something he'll need to answer for.

~~~

MP's sheer effort in this game so far has been rather meteoric. He has dominated the post count from the start, even leaving me in the dust to this point. That's a rare feat. I think he proved in the scrimmage though that effort alone is not enough to earn him a town read, and that his content needs to be critically assessed continually to maximize our chances of figuring him out. I feel that his content in this game so far has been mostly of a positive reflection, and that there's a visible and followable progression in his treatment of Zebra to foretell his current mindset. However, I did find the one discrepancy I noted and I would like MP to address that point.
I understand why you or someone else would interpret the orange text as you did; I should have been clearer with it. What I said was true, and had crossed my mind, but even at the time that I wrote that I thought I had a potentially valid point re: nutella, and the only way I would have considered a vote for any of those folks was if nutella made me feel better about her and I had no other "slight mafia" reads. Stated otherwise, I would have only voted for any of those three if I had literally no leads, and then out of all null reads I'd vote for someone being "unhelpful", but then and only then. I try to ensure that never happens, and obviously it didn't in this case because there was other content generated and nutella never responded to me in time. Hope that clarifies.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, and welcome to the game, K4J and MacDougall!

Addressing what gleam said about me today (and his vote for me):
agleaminranks wrote:I voted for Matt because I didn't like his general attacks or discussion style up to that point, but I can't point to one specific post that highlights this uneasiness of mine; rather, it was more of a strong gut feel. I will analyze his posts more thoroughly and attempt to gain some insight into it.

There's also has to be some significance to sig being nightkilled. I will revisit his posts as well. I mentioned that I found it highly suspicious and unlikely that both sig and zebra were silenced and insanified, respectively. MP was one who voiced disdain for my claim, and while I agreed with him about disliking the zebra vote, he did not seem to agree with me. In fact, if sig were lynched after I made such a claim, it might put me in a bad position. If MP were mafia, it seems sensical to me to make such a nightkill to put the doubt upon myself in this case. I feel a little less good about MP all of a sudden. I don't have much concrete evidence other than that theory, but I don't like it much.

JJJ, I am inclined to disagree with llama and Mac. At least from my perspective (again, someone who has had no mafia experience with you before this game, I believe), it feels much more likely that a civilian would be willing to put that much time and effort into extensive ISOs regardless of the day. This game is very clearly serious at this point. There is much to discuss and much to analyze.
agleaminranks wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Going back, Matt has done little but tunnel Elohcin since the last night phase. But his retorts seem a little more serious this time, and he is pressing for serious questions.

I don't know how I feel about Elohcin at this point. She had one post that pinged me but her clarification made me backtrack that thought. I will try to get a read before the day ends.
Just glancing back over her posts, Elo feels like a frustrated civilian to me more than a baddie. I believe her claims about extra-game commitments, it does feel to me like she's just frustrated from answering a lot of the same questions over and over again. I am hesitant to place my vote on her today.

What does worry me more is MP. It's possible he was silenced, it's equally possible he's just busy, but it also seems a little convenient from my perspective his absence and antecedent remarks about speculated abilities and nightkills.

MovingPictures.
gleam, consider me confused with respect to your suspicion of me, so I hope you can elucidate.

Regarding the orange content above: From what I understand, your suspicion of me is coming purely from nightkill analysis (NKA). Is this correct? Can you explain how it would have put you "in a bad position"? I fail to follow you there. I don't see how that would be the case. And yes, I did disagree with you for what I thought were logical reasons; did you not find my speculation logical?

Regarding the yellow content above: How was my absence "convenient"? You didn't give me any chance to respond to your accusations considering I was silenced, which is something you mentioned right in here. I find this contrasts with what you said about me earlier:
agleaminranks wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I think this is crazy interesting. If we all decided to work together, civ and scum, and get rid of the process by voting his element each day, we could rid ourselves of him completely (or at least make him vanilla) so we don't have to deal with him at all really.
How much commitment would you be willing to offer to this notion of consistently lynching Process terms rather than players? You seem to be fully on board in your language here without must hesitance or consideration, which is a curious thing in the face of any suggestion that town and baddies openly coordinate on anything.
Elohcin, I don't think this is the right strategy to take. I'm thinking the Process is a single lynchable person with formes. I'll explain in a bit.

Catching up, DrumBeats, I am extremely against this idea of the scum and the civilians secretly teaming up. Roles are scarce but given that it's a side mission it's probably safe to assume that mafia has some nightkill ability. What the hell is there in the promise of not killing civilians? Ring of Gyges, folks. Even if given the opportunity to act in unison with the whole group, they have the option of completely screwing over the civilians with a nightkill from the anonymity of this arrangement. Civs could pretty easily be getting themselves into a bind. It sounds like an inherently bad situation where the civilians are going to get the short end of the stick.

Also, thoughts re: Cell. So, Cheerleader won the poll yesterday is my guess. Host says the Process will manifest itself in many ways. I'm guessing the Process is manifest in the Cheerleader form now, and it has that ability, and this is why it was revealed.
The Cheerleader role also specifies that it can protect a Process element from being nightkilled. And here Cell shows up in the daily lynch section.
It seems most likely that possibly the Process is either able to change elements on a daily basis and this will be what reveals the role, is my guess.
My original guess was that perhaps by voting the element it would force the Process to change to that element, but given that the Cheerleader role mentions nightkill protection from elements, they're capable of being killed, and this would then prevent the Process from becoming that element. So, we have one element on the lynch list which we could eliminate. But I wonder why Cell specifically shows up, versus other elements, or elements as a whole. Something to do with the Process's selection, or Host's discrimination? Maybe it's what element the Process is planning on taking tomorrow?

So, tl;dr, I think the elements are formes that the Process takes, rather than someone being behind it, as someone speculated earlier (don't remember who at the moment, sorry). I think we can vote to kill the element to prevent the Process from taking that forme later, but the Process is still someone out there amongst our ranks. Given that we don't know what the hell the role does and if this is true we're lynching essentially nobody, it's giving the civilians fewer opportunities to nab a baddie early on. In a bigger game I would want to focus more on preserving civilian life without eliminating indiscriminately, but I don't think we have that luxury here. Gotta get on the hunt, or the civs are in trouble. Look at Barry Lyndon.

I propose we skip the Cell voting for now. Focus on baddy hunting. Right now, the Process has a defensive element and is less able to do anything serious. This is the moment to strike.

Initial reads on the few actives on here have been pretty good. I can follow up more on that if anyone wants. DrumBeat's post about strategy seems to favor the baddies but it only strikes me as marginally pingy. I would be tempted to vote for them, but it's a little too early to have more than just a sinking suspicion on little evidence. Elohcin glomming on to that strategy might be something of note too.
You never elaborated on this point (so that would be nice), but considering I've had far and away the most posts of anyone all game, I presume by "few actives" that included me.

If so, then why did you feel pretty good about me then, and what about that feeling went away? The only reason I can find for your suspicion of me now is nightkill analysis, so I'm very confused as to why I would be deserving of your d2 vote over everyone else, especially if you had a positive view of me on d1.

Please explain ASAP.

Lastly, I voted for Jerk (again, because why not?), and I'm tired now, so I'm going to sleep on this and provide a new rainbow list and related thoughts on folks tomorrow before Night 2 ends.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
nutella wrote:ok, sorry I have not been here, just caught up but it is kinda a blur. RIP zebra and sig.

MP, your reasons for suspecting me seem to be mostly the fact that I found Elo and Drum suspicious and that my "relatively strong diction" or whatever. Idk man I was just expressing my reaction to their posts and found them suspicious. After Drum explained what he meant a bit more clearly I don't really suspect him as much, but I've been finding Elo to be more suspicious and it looks like she was sort of evasive yesterday so I will be looking at her today. I haven't gotten particular pings from anyone else but I'm interested in hearing more from Illy, Nero, and Llama.
When you get the chance, I'm intrigued to hear more detail about why you inevitably went with Nero over Elo (and Illy and Llama).
I've just gotten a really strong baddie vibe from Nero's posts recently. I think at least some of it was when he complained about never winning, and some of it was his decision to vote for young lady, but it's a gut read that goes beyond those concrete things. By the time Elo posted her reply to Matt after I said I'd give her a chance to come in before voting, I realized that my gut read on Nero felt stronger, and I looked back over Elo's posts and began to doubt myself as I read her as more genuine/getting trapped by indefensible attacks. I guess she fooled me with her emotional appeal, next time I won't second-guess myself :/
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

kneel4justice wrote:
nutella wrote:Alright, I'm giving Eloh another chance and voting for Nerolunar because he is bad. Just a strong gut feeling that has emerged from his last several posts. I feel similarly about DF, and to a lesser extent llama.
So, what do you make of DF suspicion of Nero? Do you think they're teammates? I don't recall a lot of opinions from DF (if I missed something, please let me know)...so I would be inclined to believe that the few suspicions that DF does share, if he were bad, wouldn't be a teammate. Especially considering Nero was not really under fire.
I do actually think DF and Nero could be teammates. DF already seems to be participating more than he usually does (usually barely at all), and I guess I see your point that his few contributions must be legit but I could also see him cleverly fabricating a suspicion on a teammate that might not have seemed likely to go anywhere. His "case"/comment on Nero was pretty weak and he ends up classifying it as a "mild baddie" read, not a very committed suspicion, and misses the vote anyway. And now he says he's rethinking the suspicion in light of Elo's flip. Idk, it might be a stretch but I could see it.

DF, why do you think you need to reconsider your suspicion of Nero based on the result?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Matt »

Cool result.

Someone protect me, I think I may get revenge kilt.

Derp
Image Image Image Image
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Nerolunar »

Good lynch result. I will be voting weed again tonight.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

I want to try lynching a Process element, if only to see what happens. Also, lmao at tyhe Young Lady going NO U on me XD
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This might prove a telling flip given the progression of Day 1.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:In summary I think there's a valid reason to suspect nearly everyone in the Zebra wagon. The only vote that I don't find especially troubling is Matt's. I am sure not everyone else in that wagon is a baddie, so it's important that everyone involved say their piece and enable a fuller conversation.
How would you rank them in terms of least to most suspicious? I'm going to mull over that myself now that we know Elo was mafia and provide my ranking.
I'm going to reassess in light of the new information before I put up any sort of ranking. Eloh was a point of significant discussion and I'm going to do some interactive reads.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

nutella wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
nutella wrote:Alright, I'm giving Eloh another chance and voting for Nerolunar because he is bad. Just a strong gut feeling that has emerged from his last several posts. I feel similarly about DF, and to a lesser extent llama.
So, what do you make of DF suspicion of Nero? Do you think they're teammates? I don't recall a lot of opinions from DF (if I missed something, please let me know)...so I would be inclined to believe that the few suspicions that DF does share, if he were bad, wouldn't be a teammate. Especially considering Nero was not really under fire.
I do actually think DF and Nero could be teammates. DF already seems to be participating more than he usually does (usually barely at all), and I guess I see your point that his few contributions must be legit but I could also see him cleverly fabricating a suspicion on a teammate that might not have seemed likely to go anywhere. His "case"/comment on Nero was pretty weak and he ends up classifying it as a "mild baddie" read, not a very committed suspicion, and misses the vote anyway. And now he says he's rethinking the suspicion in light of Elo's flip. Idk, it might be a stretch but I could see it.

DF, why do you think you need to reconsider your suspicion of Nero based on the result?
I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'll move on rather than get into that.

Now that we know Elo was bad, I need to see whether there are any in-thread connections between Nero and Elo, or whether they interacted to any notable degree.

Voting Operator just because.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I've just gotten a really strong baddie vibe from Nero's posts recently. I think at least some of it was when he complained about never winning, and some of it was his decision to vote for young lady, but it's a gut read that goes beyond those concrete things. By the time Elo posted her reply to Matt after I said I'd give her a chance to come in before voting, I realized that my gut read on Nero felt stronger, and I looked back over Elo's posts and began to doubt myself as I read her as more genuine/getting trapped by indefensible attacks. I guess she fooled me with her emotional appeal, next time I won't second-guess myself :/
Makes sense. Thanks!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:

I would have to examine some interactions first, and I don't like getting into team theories too ahead of myself, but I'd tentatively agree that DF and Nero are teammate-compatible. I'm not sure whether the point about DF's participation is anything alignment-indicative though.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Note: when I do these interactive reviews, I'm going to try color-coding/connecting after throwing all of the quotes into one spoiler, so the posts aren't quite as huge. Please don't confuse these colors with alignment reads, they aren't meant to function like they would in a rainbow list.

Things agleaminranks said to/about Elohcin:
agleaminranks wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I think this is crazy interesting. If we all decided to work together, civ and scum, and get rid of the process by voting his element each day, we could rid ourselves of him completely (or at least make him vanilla) so we don't have to deal with him at all really.
How much commitment would you be willing to offer to this notion of consistently lynching Process terms rather than players? You seem to be fully on board in your language here without must hesitance or consideration, which is a curious thing in the face of any suggestion that town and baddies openly coordinate on anything.
Elohcin, I don't think this is the right strategy to take. I'm thinking the Process is a single lynchable person with formes. I'll explain in a bit.

Catching up, DrumBeats, I am extremely against this idea of the scum and the civilians secretly teaming up. Roles are scarce but given that it's a side mission it's probably safe to assume that mafia has some nightkill ability. What the hell is there in the promise of not killing civilians? Ring of Gyges, folks. Even if given the opportunity to act in unison with the whole group, they have the option of completely screwing over the civilians with a nightkill from the anonymity of this arrangement. Civs could pretty easily be getting themselves into a bind. It sounds like an inherently bad situation where the civilians are going to get the short end of the stick.

Also, thoughts re: Cell. So, Cheerleader won the poll yesterday is my guess. Host says the Process will manifest itself in many ways. I'm guessing the Process is manifest in the Cheerleader form now, and it has that ability, and this is why it was revealed.
The Cheerleader role also specifies that it can protect a Process element from being nightkilled. And here Cell shows up in the daily lynch section.
It seems most likely that possibly the Process is either able to change elements on a daily basis and this will be what reveals the role, is my guess.
My original guess was that perhaps by voting the element it would force the Process to change to that element, but given that the Cheerleader role mentions nightkill protection from elements, they're capable of being killed, and this would then prevent the Process from becoming that element. So, we have one element on the lynch list which we could eliminate. But I wonder why Cell specifically shows up, versus other elements, or elements as a whole. Something to do with the Process's selection, or Host's discrimination? Maybe it's what element the Process is planning on taking tomorrow?

So, tl;dr, I think the elements are formes that the Process takes, rather than someone being behind it, as someone speculated earlier (don't remember who at the moment, sorry). I think we can vote to kill the element to prevent the Process from taking that forme later, but the Process is still someone out there amongst our ranks. Given that we don't know what the hell the role does and if this is true we're lynching essentially nobody, it's giving the civilians fewer opportunities to nab a baddie early on. In a bigger game I would want to focus more on preserving civilian life without eliminating indiscriminately, but I don't think we have that luxury here. Gotta get on the hunt, or the civs are in trouble. Look at Barry Lyndon.

I propose we skip the Cell voting for now. Focus on baddy hunting. Right now, the Process has a defensive element and is less able to do anything serious. This is the moment to strike.

Initial reads on the few actives on here have been pretty good. I can follow up more on that if anyone wants. DrumBeat's post about strategy seems to favor the baddies but it only strikes me as marginally pingy. I would be tempted to vote for them, but it's a little too early to have more than just a sinking suspicion on little evidence. Elohcin glomming on to that strategy might be something of note too.
agleaminranks wrote:As an aside: DrumBeats' plan is a terrible idea, but I don't think it's because he's bad.

I have to dash off to work and will be gone for the voting period.

Matt. I think your criticisms of zebra and Elo are both crazy and misplaced and I dislike your actions so far. Zebra has been posting nonsense that indicates nothing and I'm reading Elo as a helpful civilian right now. You get my vote today.
agleaminranks wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I have a hard time believing DF, Elo, Illy, and Nero are all bad, but it's mathematically a possibility (since the mafia team has 4 members). I want others' input; which of these people do you believe, if any, and why?
Elo was the only one I'd done any looking into. Her posts pinged me at first and she went out of her way to clarify something, which, this early in the game, I'm willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt. But she also had been fairly active up until the votes started rolling her way. Then nada. Not sure what to make of it.
agleaminranks wrote:Hi JJJ, I'll respond to your highlighted post right now.

I do realize that I seem to have missed the part about DB's intention to wait for the baddies to act, although I see absolutely no reason that that caveat would put the balance of power equally in terms of the civilians. So far as I know, the Process is out to get the mafia too.

I think if you look at my post, I don't call out DB or give a substantial read on him one way or the other until the statement you highlight. I spend my time criticizing his strategy and why, from my perspective or understanding, possibly misinformed as it may be (though I still doubt that), it is a bad strategy. The only reason it pinged me slightly is because I believe DB proposed this without possibly realizing the ramifications of how it may help the baddies as I laid out. I had hoped that my explanation could inform both Elo and DB as to why it was a bad idea. I believe it more likely that DB made the proposal with the serious intention that, from his understanding, it could help the civilians. It felt more likely that he was simply a civilian trying to make a strategy given the unique structure of this game rather than a baddie trying to exploit it, and given that it was only day 1, I did not have enough evidence in his actions to support him being bad over being good. Like I've mentioned before, I'm more willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt on day one when I do not have enough evidence to sway one way or another.
agleaminranks wrote:Going back, Matt has done little but tunnel Elohcin since the last night phase. But his retorts seem a little more serious this time, and he is pressing for serious questions.

I don't know how I feel about Elohcin at this point. She had one post that pinged me but her clarification made me backtrack that thought. I will try to get a read before the day ends.
agleaminranks wrote:

Just glancing back over her posts, Elo feels like a frustrated civilian to me more than a baddie. I believe her claims about extra-game commitments, it does feel to me like she's just frustrated from answering a lot of the same questions over and over again. I am hesitant to place my vote on her today.

What does worry me more is MP. It's possible he was silenced, it's equally possible he's just busy, but it also seems a little convenient from my perspective his absence and antecedent remarks about speculated abilities and nightkills.

MovingPictures.
Yellow: Perhaps one thing of note is that in response to DrumBeats's town/baddie cooperation proposal, the strongest support he received arguably came from Elohcin -- strong enough that she was suspected for it and she had to backtrack. Conversely, the strongest opposition to DrumBeats probably came from agleaminranks in the first quoted post here. Given the uniqueness of this scenario in which anyone would propose the two eternally opposed factions work together on something, I don't think it's likely all of the baddies responded in-thread the same way. It's speculative to consider how the others might have responded, but it could be of significance that agleam and Eloh represented the two extremes of that spectrum.

The second yellow bit shows agleam acknowledging on some level that Eloh might be suspicious, though it isn't overtly stated.

Orange: agleam was quite critical of Matt for his treatment of Elohcin throughout Days 1 and 2. These represent strong defenses of Elohcin which itself isn't necessarily a bad thing on its own, but I don't think it's a great look that those defenses came in the form of discrediting criticisms of someone else.

Red: These statements are Belgian waffles. That's not ideal.

Green: When agleam was willing to take a more conclusive stance on Elohcin, it was to call her a civilian read (once each day phase).

Things Elohcin said to/about agleaminranks:
Elohcin wrote:Agleam, did you read what I wrote about the matter in response to JJJ? Cause he was misreading my gung-ho attitude.
Elohcin wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I have a hard time believing DF, Elo, Illy, and Nero are all bad, but it's mathematically a possibility (since the mafia team has 4 members). I want others' input; which of these people do you believe, if any, and why?
Elo was the only one I'd done any looking into. Her posts pinged me at first and she went out of her way to clarify something, which, this early in the game, I'm willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt. But she also had been fairly active up until the votes started rolling her way. Then nada. Not sure what to make of it.
It's hard to defend against, "Eloh is bad, let's lynch her."
There's not as much to say about the interaction from this side. The first quote could be construed as a softball question.

~~~

I think there's team mate potential here. My primary concerns are less that he defended Elohcin and more the means by which he did so -- by criticizing Matt (to the point of voting for him for it). The waffles aren't encouraging either. The yellow point I made above is a lot more speculative; I welcome anyone's thoughts on that.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:This might prove a telling flip given the progression of Day 1.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I'm going to reassess in light of the new information before I put up any sort of ranking. Eloh was a point of significant discussion and I'm going to do some interactive reads.
That sounds good to me. I was hoping to do some myself if you didn't get around to it first.

I'm going to at least throw up a new rainbow here due to my lack of being able to talk during Day 2, subject to change pending further investigation by myself, you, or others.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

DFaraday wrote:
nutella wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration, but I'll move on rather than get into that.

Now that we know Elo was bad, I need to see whether there are any in-thread connections between Nero and Elo, or whether they interacted to any notable degree.

I don´t think we did - but I find it troublesome that you are actively looking for evidence to support your pre-existing suspicion. Its like the conspiracy theorists who twist anything they find to fit their theory. Okay its not exactly like that, but thats the feeling I get with this post.

Im not sure it´s alignment indicative though. Im still feeling civ about you.
ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things AllAlongTheBoardwalk said to/about Elohcin:
AllAlongTheBoardwalk wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Vote: Elohcin
It's late, I need to vote. And I somewhat trust the opinions of yourself and moving pictures. Jumping on this train and voting ]Vote: Elohcin as well.
Elohcin said nothing to/about AATB.

~~~

The only relevant post I can find either way is the Day 1 vote. That vote might be pretty meaningful though. After Zebra had amassed a 6-2 vote lead over Matt on Day 1, the Elohcin wagon sprung up and came within one vote of matching the Zebra wagon. AATB's vote was the 5th for Eloh with around a half hour remaining in the day phase. If they're team mates that was a ballsy move. I think this is a nice look for AATB.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MP Rainbow List #3 - Night 2

Moderate Town:
JaggedJimmyJay
DrWilgy
AllAlongtheBoardwalk

Slight Town:
nijuukyugou
kneel4justice (reywaS)
nutella

Slight Mafia:
DrumBeats
Matt
thellama73

Moderate Mafia:
MacDougall (Illyria)
DFaraday
agleaminranks
Nerolunar

Note that now I'm trying to rank players within groups, but that these feelings are very tentative, pending further investigation in light of Elo's mafia flip and everyone's d1 and d2 votes. Forced myself to get rid of null reads.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things DFaraday said to/about Elohcin:
DFaraday wrote:So in trying to review the Zebra voters, I went over Illy first, and just a couple of things stood out in her handful of posts.
Illyria wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:No one died on Night 1? :omg:

I don't understand why a number of people are suspecting me. I'll probably vote for DrumBeats today.
Drum, and you think I am skimming? :goofp:
a2thezebra wrote:Whoa, this is coming out of nowhere!
No.. no it isn't.

I don't know you, so I can't speak to your playstyle but when several people whom I DO know are saying this is not normal, which is matching what my gut is telling me, I am going to listen.

I am reading every post, but the real crux is that I don't understand what is going with the game mechanics itself-- I am still not wanting to run w/Drum's plan (too risky) though at least I understand what you are saying better now than I did when you first posted it.

Matt, I think you and Elo have very different playstyles which can be problematic. I am reminded that you and I do as well, and you were like a damn dog with a bone decrying I was bad for what.. Four Mafia days?? I was not. I do not trust your instincts. So I am not following an Elo vote.

My list of who I suspect right now is not all that clear. So I am going to do a rainbow list like y'all like. In dark colors though, y'all are KILLING my old eyeballs with these neon and bright colors. :sigh:

Maybe Good:
MP
Matt

No Idea:
Elo
JJJ
Drum
LA
llama
Rey
sig
niju
nero
DF
AATB
agle

Maybe Bad:
Dr Wilgy
Zebra

LA, congrats that is amazing. I am so proud of you! :hugs:
Here she expresses her confusion with what's going on in the game, which she did repeatedly. It almost felt like she was relying on "I'm confused about what's happening" to avoid weighing in too much. Examples:
Illyria wrote:Whoo hoo! Game!

I am already confused y'all. This might be worse than Dom's Pokemon game which about scarred me for life.
Illyria wrote: I am so glad you and LA are here to suss this stuff out.
Illyria wrote: I wish I understood the lingo better. Does Badcell mean Bad as in Evil and Anti Town or something else? It would inform my decisions. :sigh:
She does firmly defend Elo though, whatever that may indicate.

Illy also puts Wilgy in her bad category, even though she doesn't actually suspect him for anything:
Illyria wrote:*sigh*
:sigh:

Dr Wilgy, I get that you are "zany", but your playstyle is making me want to vote for you.

But I am voting for zebra, I have to go to work and will be at work until 1 am tonight so I am voting now. Their confuzzled demeanor seems fake, and over the top.

Votes Zebra
She didn't mention anything about Sig, which makes her look a bit better in my eyes, but overall I don't have a great feeling about her. Next I'll review Nero.
Things Elohcin said to/about DFaraday:
Elohcin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:And no, I don't think Wilgy is being very helpful either, but he does this regardless of alignment. I don't recall Zebra ever behaving this way.
If I had to name the top zany people on this site (right now) it would be Matt, Wilgy, and Zebra.

But you are right in that Zebra is extra zany this game. I am going to go ahead and vote that way. ZEBRA
~~~

The content is too limited to come to a conclusive judgment. The highlighted portion is a little disconcerting -- "whatever that may indicate". DFaraday's Day 1 vote went to Zebra (3rd) and he missed the vote on Day 2. Overall I think he's mildly suspicious.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think I'm getting those choppy site-loading issues some others were mentioning before around the site. Previewing and submitting posts is proving more challenging than usual at the moment.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I think I'm getting those choppy site-loading issues some others were mentioning before around the site. Previewing and submitting posts is proving more challenging than usual at the moment.
Odd. Let me look into it. I haven't experienced any such problems myself.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Nerolunar wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
nutella wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:

I don´t think we did - but I find it troublesome that you are actively looking for evidence to support your pre-existing suspicion. Its like the conspiracy theorists who twist anything they find to fit their theory. Okay its not exactly like that, but thats the feeling I get with this post.

Im not sure it´s alignment indicative though. Im still feeling civ about you.
What? No, I'm not. All I mean is that now that we've got a baddie I want to see if there is anything which would either link you to or suggest you're not aligned with Elo.

Having reviewed their posts, there is zero interaction between Nero and Elo since Night 0, where Elo said Nero had a good theory. So that was a dead end.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things DrumBeats said to/about Elohcin:
DrumBeats wrote:How in any way do we need to trust the mafia for this plan? We will only act after we know they did. No trust. Just a mutual enemy. If we ignore the Process, it will win. Don't be blind here guys.

Seriously, I never said we shouldn't scumhunt. I just said we should take out elements of the process too, and proposed that we do it if and only if mafia shoots one instead of one of us. I'm getting scumread for trying to save civ lives and help us achieve our win con rn. Like what the hell.

We know the elements are targettable due to the cheerleader's description:

Cheerleader- Protect a Process element from all Night actions. Vote is worth 1.

Night actions can be used on them. If and only if scum takes advantage of this, then we should take advantage of our ability to lynch them, which is suggested by Cell being on the lynch votes.

The fact that the Process responded to me that he doesn't like this is clear that I'm onto something as far as how the mechanics of it work.

and @Eloch - That's exactly what I was thinking. I wouldn't be opposed to a zebra lynch as of now. I can't think of any motivation for that sentence other than making we mean scum and you mean town. Trusting me personally has no effect on the logic of said plan.

Once again since few people are acknowledging this: My plan only applies after the scum shoots an element first. The plan in no way is a "lets hunt the process while the mafia kills us" its a "hey mafia, you should kill an element instead of us, and if you do we will lynch an element too. We both need the process dead, so while we have the man power it would be best to take care of it early.
DrumBeats wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Once again since few people are acknowledging this: My plan only applies after the scum shoots an element first. The plan in no way is a "lets hunt the process while the mafia kills us" its a "hey mafia, you should kill an element instead of us, and if you do we will lynch an element too. We both need the process dead, so while we have the man power it would be best to take care of it early.
@ Epi - can scum shoot an element as their night kill instead of shooting a player?

DB I am not seeing where you are getting this info.
Check the OP. Scroll down to cheerleader and it says that it can protect an element from a night action, proving night actions can be used on process elements. Cell being in our lynch for the day proves that they can be lynched.
DrumBeats wrote:Here are the reads I have atm:

Town reads/leans:
MovingPictures07 - Seems to be genuinely pushing discussion
Elohcin - Active and given me no reason to suspect them. Could be a biased opinion due to them being the one person who actually acknowledged my idea without twisting it into "lets ignore the mafia"
JJJ - Seems to be genuinely scumhunting. A little less active than he seems to usually be but he's in a ton of games at once right now iirc.

Null reads:
DrWigly - How the hell do you read somebody like this
Matt - Seems to be different than the conspiracy theory Matt I've seen before, though I'm not sure what that says of his alignment. Very unhelpful and I don't like the early vote, but I'm still not sure here.

Scum reads/leans:
Zebra - Potential scumslip, plus acting WAY too confused about everything. Has contributed nothing and locked a vote way early. My largest scumread right now.
Illyria - Haven't seen much here, but one thing I noticed is that I think Illyria is just skimming. Illyria expressed distaste for my plan saying that we can't trust the mafia and then basically suggested a less civ-beneficial version my plan by saying we should just wait a few days and do it. Should that idea go through it would get rid of scum obligation in removing the threat, which makes me scum lean Illyria a bit.

Dependent read:
Nutella - Depending on the answer to my last question.
DrumBeats wrote:I've laid out my reasons and I do not find Elo to be a better option imo.

Nutella
Orange: DrumBeats and Elohcin seemed to mindmeld on a couple points -- DB's controversial proposal and on the perceived "slip" by Zebra. This represents a very overt connection between the two and I find myself doubting that's a likely baddie maneuver. It'd be a pretty significant, and I think well-executed, WIFOM ploy for them to be team mates given this.

Green: He placed Elohcin among his three town reads on Day 1. He acknowledges the potential for bias given her reception of his proposal, which I find believable. He had more of a personal reason to town read Elohcin than most other players in this game did.

Things Elohcin said to/about DrumBeats:
Elohcin wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:Anybody want to trade votes tomorrow to loophole this self-voting thing? /s
This sounds bad to me. I'll be keeping an eye on you.
Nerolunar wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:This game looks interesting.
It really does.

I will be voting for fetch.
That's so totally fetch.
Huge post
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

So, just so I understand you correctly regarding your reads: You're town reading "the few actives" (who is that exactly?) and you have mafia reads on Elo and DrumBeats for their thoughts on the proposal but minor ones, yeah?
This is funny as DB and I are a part of the "few actives" :p
Elohcin wrote:I used the word shoot b/c I wanted to phrase it as DB did. But I mean target.
Elohcin wrote:You know, I am not going to be distracted by Matt's foolishness this game. I don;t think he is bad. I think he is just zany and his playstyle frustrates me.

My top suspect is Zebra and it is not only her overly confused behavior which seems forced and over the top. But it's also her comment about being able to trust DB in his plan to vote for an element if and only if the mafia takes out an element at night instead of a civilian. I believe her question, asking DB if she can trust him/the civs was a baddie slip.
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:You know, I am not going to be distracted by Matt's foolishness this game. I don;t think he is bad. I think he is just zany and his playstyle frustrates me.

My top suspect is Zebra and it is not only her overly confused behavior which seems forced and over the top. But it's also her comment about being able to trust DB in his plan to vote for an element if and only if the mafia takes out an element at night instead of a civilian. I believe her question, asking DB if she can trust him/the civs was a baddie slip.
You've lost my slight town read. Why do you only consider zebra's question under the interpretation of a baddie slip?
B/c DB was talking about how we don;t have to trust mafia to carry out his plan. We just react to their kill. If they kill an element, we vote an element. If they kill a civ, we lynch a person who we think could be Mafia. He kept saying, we don;t have to trust mafia for this. And then Zebra asks (paraphrasing here), how do we know we can trust YOU? I read it as coming from a baddie speaking for the mafia. How can the mafia trust that the civs will vote an element instead of a supposed baddie if the mafia does kill an element. Does that make sense? This is my main reason for voting zebra.
These probably aren't all in perfect order. The different search terms "Drum" and "DB" caused that.

Yellow: This reads to me like an attempt to smear DrumBeats for saying something off-beat. Good look.

Otherwise her mentions of DB were more offhand, either when defending herself or when explaining her vote for Zebra.

~~~

I think it's plausible to envision a universe in which these two are team mates, but I don't think it's likely. The sheer WIFOM of their mindmelding on his cooperation proposal as well as the Zebra "slip" would be one of the more "broad daylight" team mate interactions I can remember seeing. I am not especially suspicious of DrumBeats.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Unless MP believes Elo staged her beef with me about my gameplay and I "faked" tunneling on her for the last few days...

I'm really not sure, in what universe, I could possibly be bad. Unless MP thinks I'm the Process. :dark:

I think we should lynch Mac next day phase.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

That reads funny because I said "unless" twice. Lulz. I just woke up :meany:

But yeah, can you elaborate MP? Do you think Elo and I were pulling what Bullz and I did in the Lost heist game, go at it right off the bat?
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Matt, I haven't based my rainbow reads on interactive analysis just yet; I'm holding off on incorporating that for now until JJJ (or myself/others) have completed them, then I can consider those interactions. I don't want to do so based on my memory.

The reason you're currently placed where you are is due to your d1 zebra vote. I do recognize she was most antagonistic towards you of anyone though, so I'd guess that you're bound to go to at least slight town based on those interactions, but again, I need to actually look at them in detail.

I'd be tentatively down with lynching Mac; Illyria has some unfavorable looks. I'd rather wait and do some more analysis before committing to a d3 lynch, but I'd be OK with any of those moderate mafia reads at the moment.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things DrWilgy said to/about Elohcin:
DrWilgy wrote:
DFaraday wrote:And no, I don't think Wilgy is being very helpful either, but he does this regardless of alignment. I don't recall Zebra ever behaving this way.
DF, you hurt me!

;__;

I reccomend everyone stop voting Zebra. The easiest lynch day 1 is never mafia. 4 vote lead? Only 1.5 players actively opposing said lynch? Other options mentioned are Eloh and Matt? Perhaps DB? Yet Matt's the only other with votes on him?

Hey Eloh, compare Matt's actions this game to mine in Spirited Away for me. How do these compare?

Don't lynch Zebra she's my teammate.
DrWilgy wrote:@Eloh in Spirited away I went after you really hard. There were points where everyone had stated I had become mean in my casings.
DrWilgy wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:@Eloh in Spirited away I went after you really hard. There were points where everyone had stated I had become mean in my casings.
Ah, yes, I remember. Why do players see my as such prey?
Because cake is delicious silly. Now that you remember, can you please comment comparing Matt now and me that game?
DrWilgy wrote:Hmm... Baddies tend to list thier teammates along with others when doing comparisons. If Eloh is bad, I'm thinking Nutella is as well.
DrWilgy wrote:Me, I'm going to probably vote for Elo. Depends on how she answers the question I gave her.

If not Elo... I'll vote for Sig.
DrWilgy wrote:Actually... Can we get enough votes on someone to murk em instead of Zeebs?

I propose that we murk Illy, Eloh, or Nero. I had killed DF last game together and don't think I should do that again.

Linki - Exactly :omg:
DrWilgy wrote:The glove compartment isn't accurately named...

If Eloh doesn't answer before an hour remains I'll vote her. How does that sound y'all?
DrWilgy wrote:Regardless of gut feeling. I gave Eloh until the hour was here, and that time is up.

Crazy Cake Lady

Linki - unknown. GTH me?
DrWilgy wrote:Fun thought, if Eloh is bad, we can most likely confirm all the Eloh voters as civ.
DrWilgy wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
It's hard to defend against, "Eloh is bad, let's lynch her."
But... plenty of people gave you multiple reasons yesterday, just as you requested, and you've failed to refute them.
B/c I already had refuted them several times earlier. I didn't see any reason to repeat myself.
Not getting mislynched seems like a pretty good reason.

RIP Sig... I still think you were up to no good though.
DrWilgy wrote:Cake Lady hasn't been here. Civ or mafia her lack of response to me seals the deal. I guess it's time.

Eloooooh
Yellow: Whether this meta discussion of Spirited Away is relevant or meaningful I couldn't say. I'll just ask Doc: what was the importance of this point to you? I didn't play in that game.

Orange: Doc's vote for Elohcin was the 1st of her 5 on Day 1. Like he said, it came with about one hour remaining in the phase -- getting Eloh within range of Zebra's 6-vote wagon was a long shot. We did end up getting really close though. His vote would seem consistent with his disinterest in the Zebra wagon (see the first spoilered post), and he didn't show interest in lynching Matt either. It's a decent look for him I think, tentatively given that it was the first vote in a long shot wagon. He was also the first of five votes for Eloh on Day 2.

Green: Rather brash.

Things Elohcin said to/about DrWilgy:
Huge post
Elohcin wrote:
If I had to name the top zany people on this site (right now) it would be Matt, Wilgy, and Zebra.

But you are right in that Zebra is extra zany this game. I am going to go ahead and vote that way. ZEBRA
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
DF, you hurt me!

;__;

I reccomend everyone stop voting Zebra. The easiest lynch day 1 is never mafia. 4 vote lead? Only 1.5 players actively opposing said lynch? Other options mentioned are Eloh and Matt? Perhaps DB? Yet Matt's the only other with votes on him?

Hey Eloh, compare Matt's actions this game to mine in Spirited Away for me. How do these compare?

Don't lynch Zebra she's my teammate.
I don't remember how you acted in spirited away, can you remind me?
Elohcin wrote:
Ah, yes, I remember. Why do players see my as such prey?
Elohcin wrote:I guess so. But right in that moment, that's how I read it. Someone else saw it that way too and I want to say it was JJJ, but I could be wrong.

And as for wilgy cursed....all it was was I saw gibberish and thought, hmm, he must be cursed, so I skipped over it and went on with responding to those who were speaking English. Its not like it was a big enormous deal or anything. And why would Matt be cursed? Cursed to do what? I'm confused.
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Fun thought, if Eloh is bad, we can most likely confirm all the Eloh voters as civ.
I don't advise lynching me to find out.
Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:
Matt wrote:I played Spirited Away, but died fairly soon I think.

Elo - Do you have a rebuttal to niju's claim that you should remember how Wilgy was in that game?

Elo - Throughout the phase, Wilgy has been speaking in English in every post except for one, so how did you come to the conclusion he was cursed?
After going through my ISO, I do apologize for referring to you as "hon". Otherwise, I don't know what you're talkin' about "name calling", but mkay.

Anyway, answers?
As for the first question: I have said this before and I will say it again. Between my job, homeschooling, and household matters, I only have enough capacity in my brain for one mafia game at a time. Once I am done with a game, I put it out of my head and focus on what's at hand. I am the same way with my business. I focus on this week's cakes and this week's only. I have several order forms in my business folder, but I don't pull them out until it's time to shop for ingredients for that week. I can't keep that many things at the forefront of my mind. I know several of you can. Epi, for one, can read 6 or 7 books at once an remember what's going on in each. All while playing and hosting mafia and keeping up with several shows. And then on top of that, I bet he could recall the last 7 mafia games he played in order. Me? I know, of course, I hosted DA most recently. I think before that I was in....I think an MP game. I cannot even recall. Before that it was Rocky & Bullwinkle, I think. Call me stupid, but I just can't do it. My brain doesn't retain info well :P I am a second child and my older brother graduated with a 4.3 (validictorian) and I never saw him crack a book. I worked hard and struggled for my As and Bs. But, I am creative and I have more common sense than the next guy. We're all different. You can't say I'm bad b/c my brian doesn;t retain info like the rest of you smarties in here. I won't stand for it. I heard one too many times, "why can't you be more like your brother." I won't stand for anything like that here.

Second question: I answered this one. Wilgy's gibberish post was towards the beginning of Day 1. Night actions were used Night 0. I had been mostly focused on your posts so far during Day 1 and paid more attention to you than anyone else and I know I shouldn't have. I should have let you do your thing and just shut up b/c it aided us in lynching a civ Day 1. Anyway...so I was paying more attention to you than him(remember I am a focused person and don't keep a lot in the forefront of my mind at the same time) and that was the first post of his that I could recall. So when I made of note of seeing it, my brain automatically though, "hmm, he must have been cursed. Carrying on... Matt is annoying the hell out of me." :D So when you asked about why I hadn't been all over wilgy's case as I was all over yours. I just wrote what I recalled thinking when I saw his post. AND, even though he wasn't being helpful in my opinion. I didn't think he was being too harmful as I thought you were. But I guess calling out names and accusing them to be a particular role is a genuine playstyle. I just hope that if you stick around, that you will not only say things like, "niju is the professor, let's lynch her" But that you will actually build some cases as to why you think those things.

Oh, and I think I said that wrong. I don't mean name calling. I mean naming players as bad with no explanation. Sorry abotu that, the misunderstanding was my miscommunication for sure.
Elohcin wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Cake Lady hasn't been here. Civ or mafia her lack of response to me seals the deal. I guess it's time.

Eloooooh
Sorry, I've been busy with cakes and cupcakes the past two days. Have a wedding and a birthday! Then I took my kids to the park today after finishing my work. I am here and catching up.
Red: I highlight this for its relevance to the observation first made by Matt that Elohcin was more inclined to give Zebra crap for her "zaniness" while associating DrWilgy with a "curse". This is at least a curious difference in her treatment of people, and with Zebra confirmed as a townie that might have meaning.

~~~

From Doc's perspective I think it's mostly a decent look. He played a role in generating a meaningful Day 1 Elohcin counterwagon to the dominating Zebra wagon and stuck to that on Day 2. From Elohcin's perspective I do think the stuff in red is a valid point against him. I'm not sure it's something he can answer for though since he didn't actually say it, Eloh did. I lean slightly townward on Doc.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll continue this later, ideally before the end of the night phase. I have stuff to do man.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll examine them later myself as well; I'm trying to work on database stuff right now and shouldn't even be here.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Mac replaced Illy, right?

Illy sided with Elo on Elo's "frustration" (I've quoted the word, but tbh, I believe Elo was speaking from the heart when saying she was frustrated with my gameplay)...
Illyria wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:Yeah let's lynch the Bloops. She's the Process, right?
GAH!!! THIS! This is the type of post that is driving me nuts these days. Either be helpful or hush. Matt, you are giving me gray hairs already this game.

And don't take this frustration as a defense of Niju, y'all. Cause I know that's what at least 2 of you are thinking. :p
I am not, and I share your frustration here.
Later on, Illy would tell me she does not trust my instincts and would not follow my Elo vote, based on my hounding Illy in Donwton and being wrong about her alignment...
Illyria wrote:Matt, I think you and Elo have very different playstyles which can be problematic. I am reminded that you and I do as well, and you were like a damn dog with a bone decrying I was bad for what.. Four Mafia days?? I was not. I do not trust your instincts. So I am not following an Elo vote.
Again, tho I was wrong on Illy's alignment, she conveniently leaves out the part where I suspected she had BTSC and was right on the money. So why not trust my instincts if I was "half right" on her in the last game? I brought this up, but she never answered, and was shortly replaced thereafter.

Mac replaces Illy...
Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:Yeaaaah!!! Macdougall!

Despite my excitement, he'll probably form an allliance with Elo to P-lynch me. :workit:
Ooo, what a good idea! What do you say Mac?
MacDougall wrote:He does seem bad tbh
Mac doesn't say anything else about me or Elohcin. Votes Wilgy, again, doesn't say anything about Elo, one way or the other.

Strange. Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Voted bad cell. :dark:
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Weed once again.

Mac and Nutella are at the top of my suspect list.

@JJJ the meta discussion is because Matt was reminiscent of me in Spirited Away (at least towards Eloh). Eloh was civ then, but didn't react the same way here.
Image Image Image
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Sorry I haven't been around. I've gotten really sick. So I can't catch up or read what's happened since last night. I'm glad we got Eloh, though! :D
I went ahead and voted for the Creep option.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things Illyria / MacDougall said to/about Elohcin:
Illyria wrote:
Elohcin wrote:*snip*
I just mean that it COULD be more about strategy than it is if people would take it more seriously than they do. And, yeah, I think I trust you so far. I wish more people would talk so I can have the chance to trust more people.

As for The Process, Wiki says this: Cells are a form of The Process. When any type of The Process is destroyed (excepting of course Badcells), Cells are the natural result. They are immobile and do not attack, and are collectable by Red for unknown use. If they are not quickly attended to, they will either turn into Badcells or regenerate to their previous form. They are composed of four floating white metal pieces and a red orb. Cells do not have a Limiter page.

Anyone care to try and interpret what we should do with this info?
Oh geez. So we have a couple of options here, vote Cell to keep them from turning into Badcells or regenerating. Ignore them this lynch and see what happens (not sure I love this plan).

I wish I understood the lingo better. Does Badcell mean Bad as in Evil and Anti Town or something else? It would inform my decisions. :sigh:
Elohcin wrote:
GAH!!! THIS! This is the type of post that is driving me nuts these days. Either be helpful or hush. Matt, you are giving me gray hairs already this game.

And don't take this frustration as a defense of Niju, y'all. Cause I know that's what at least 2 of you are thinking. :p
I am not, and I share your frustration here.

As for Drums plan, for me, it comes down to this. I have trust issues. Why would we ever expect the mafia to hold up their end? We would basically just be telling them "it is open season, please betray us and kill as many of us as possible". I would like to propose some kind of balance, we have no idea who the Process is, so for the first lynch (and maybe the second) we go about this traditionally. Unless we decide to lynch a Cell, which on the surface looks like a good call, but knowing Epi can be a :feb: maybe be a bad idea.

Bah. :fist:
Illyria wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:No one died on Night 1? :omg:

I don't understand why a number of people are suspecting me. I'll probably vote for DrumBeats today.
Drum, and you think I am skimming? :goofp:
a2thezebra wrote:Whoa, this is coming out of nowhere!
No.. no it isn't.

I don't know you, so I can't speak to your playstyle but when several people whom I DO know are saying this is not normal, which is matching what my gut is telling me, I am going to listen.

I am reading every post, but the real crux is that I don't understand what is going with the game mechanics itself-- I am still not wanting to run w/Drum's plan (too risky) though at least I understand what you are saying better now than I did when you first posted it.

Matt, I think you and Elo have very different playstyles which can be problematic. I am reminded that you and I do as well, and you were like a damn dog with a bone decrying I was bad for what.. Four Mafia days?? I was not. I do not trust your instincts. So I am not following an Elo vote.

My list of who I suspect right now is not all that clear. So I am going to do a rainbow list like y'all like. In dark colors though, y'all are KILLING my old eyeballs with these neon and bright colors. :sigh:

Maybe Good:
MP
Matt

No Idea:
Elo
JJJ
Drum
LA
llama
Rey
sig
niju
nero
DF
AATB
agle

Maybe Bad:
Dr Wilgy
Zebra

LA, congrats that is amazing. I am so proud of you! :hugs:
The first post is idle banter about the Process and I wouldn't say it indicates much of anything about IllyDougall. I'm not a fan of the highlighted portion in the second post; she went out of her way to discredit Matt. In this case I don't think there can be a more appropriate term than "discredit", because she even called Matt one of her only two town reads. She referenced some other game to support her distrust for his instincts, I don't know what game that was. Maybe Matt knows? It could be helpful to refer back to whatever that was to get a better idea of whether the personal grudge she seemed to hold is a viable excuse.

Things Elohcin said to/about Illyria / MacDougall:
Elohcin wrote:linki again @ JJJ - please reread illyria's post. I don't think you are understanding it correctly. I was the host, Illyria was civ, and Mat was civ in the game she is talking about. He went after her, tunneled her for 4 days with no real accusations. He was wrong.
Elohcin wrote:

Despite my excitement, he'll probably form an allliance with Elo to P-lynch me. :workit:
Ooo, what a good idea! What do you say Mac?
Elohcin herself might have provided some clarity on the previous point when she corrected my initial misinterpretation of Illyria. We're forced to decide whether the incident between Matt and Illyria in whatever other game is good enough to justify her discrediting him entirely despite reading him as a townie.

~~~

I'll await further input on the Matt/Illyria dynamic to better substantiate this read. The worst thing going for Illyria was her Day 1 vote for Zebra (2nd of 6, Elohcin still at 0 votes). Mac's Day 2 vote for DrWilgy (1st of 1, Elohcin at 2 votes) doesn't inspire me either.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Woo woo! Excellent result! :D

I will vote Weed, because the name is amusing and why not.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Things Matt said to/about Elohcin:

Incoming big spoiler
Matt wrote:
Elohcin wrote:You just want to throw a name out there and see what happens.
So? Why are you against this? Lotta people hunt, but I'm not a hunter. I fish. niju came in and made fun of me, that was that. I'm currently null on her right now btw. Derp.

Meanwhile, shortly before this post of yours, Dr Wilgy posted this gem...
DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Any thoughts on what has transpired thus far, Wilgy?
RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU!!!
Your respone? Nada.

Then, at 5:30 PM (my time)
DrWilgy wrote:I'm mafia and I decline your offer Drum.
6:16 PM
Elohcin wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
@ Epi - can scum shoot an element as their night kill instead of shooting a player?

DB I am not seeing where you are getting this info.
Again, nada on Wilgy.

How is it you came at me for my way of trying to find the bad people but you let Wilgy off the hook for saying he's a bad guy?

:eye:
Matt wrote:You are acting weird Zebra.

Theory # 7663

Zebra is the Process and/or is being controlled by the Process as we speak.

Apparently cheerleader won the poll yesterday?

Note in Zebra's latest post
a2thezebra wrote:Wait why have you already voted for me Matt? Was it because I voted for you yesterday? Because that was an A-C-C-I-D-E-N-T, come on. :mad:
Cheerleaders often spell out what they're saying while cheering. Note the a-c-c-i-d-e-n-t.

The rest of her posts on Day one have been strange, "randomizing" me and then apologizing (wut?). Being ditzy with the "omg is day not over yet??".

Discuss. Also Elohcin is bad.
Matt wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:You're not going to answer why you're voting for me is it just because I'm acting weird?
I thought I already explained? Derp

Nah, it was late at night when I saw your vote, and then I read your post saying "wasn't day supposed to end??" and when I read that, I figured maybe you were a "end the day early" role and i was like "wut?" and i wanted to vote quick. Why not vote the person who just voted me?

But if I had my vote back, it'd go to Elo.
Matt wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:What do you mean last night? You're the only one who's voted so far.
I said "it was late at night" when I read your post voting for me and subsequent post saying "wasn't day supposed to end?"...not "last night". You're being weird again.

Anyway, I've neglected the neighbor game long enough, be back later or tomorrow

Everyone discuss my idea on Zebra being the Process or being controlled by the Process!!

Aaaaand I'd like Elo to explain herself.
Matt wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Matt, what do you think of DrumBeats's proposal?
The "just vote for the elements" thing?

G2H not a fan. But I'm not entirely against it either. I'd like to lynch Elo.

Give me your take on Elo complaining about my method of going after the baddies, but not saying jack about Wilgy drooling in the corner.
Big post
Matt wrote:I don't like everyone voting Zebra. Stop.

Vote Elo.

First, her calling me out while letting Wilgy slide is one thing.

Second, her defense of "I thought Wilgy was cursed or something" doesn't line up, Wilgy always acts like this.

Illy, that's fair. Don't trust my instincts? Cool beans. Remember, the only reason I thought you were bad was because of the many, many OT questions you were asking regarding the site, therefore I assumed you had BTSC because it seemed like you were pushing the "I don't get it" angle too much. Guess what? You DID have btsc. Civvie btsc, but whatever.
Matt wrote:Does anyone truly believe that Elo thought that Wilgy was "cursed" ?

C'mon now. :faint:
Matt wrote:And to Illy and Elo, and anyone else who doesn't "trust my instincts", especially while citing my going after Illy half of the Downton game, I bring you my 8th post in Downton...
Matt wrote:Anyway, Illy is still my top suspect. Lots and lots of questions about multi-quoting, how to post in off topic, etc, it really feels like she's pushing the "I'm not on a team, see, look at all my questions about stuff" agenda.
To be clear, Illy was on a team with Epignosis. A civ team, yes, but still. How you can cite this game, of ALL the games I've ever been wrong, is laughable.

Looks like Zeebies is gettin' lynched, or maybe votes will start piling onto me who knows, but I strongly encourage an Elo vote.
Matt wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I would consider Elohcin a candidate for my final vote. I do think her treatment of Matt was rather restrictive and it didn't really indicate that she was trying to figure him out -- rather it looked like she took an immediate stance and perhaps even Matt's bait. I'm also not convinced by her response to my assertion that she was a little overzealously interested in DrumBeats's proposal. I've said that this was a unique circumstance which poses a unique reactive challenge to the baddie team. I think it's more believable for people to express at least a little bit of honest paranoia/doubt before easing into the idea. She's responded to that accusation, but I'm not entirely inspired.
How is Elo's treatment of Matt different than mine? I'm genuinely curious as to your train of thought here.
Do you believe Elo when she says she thought Wilgy was "cursed", and that's why she didn't lecture him about his play the same way she did me?

I don't believe it, because Wilgy always acts the way he's been acting this game. So why think he was "cursed" ?

A parallel would be if someone came in the thread and said "Oh hey, Matt's talkin' some crazy theory shit, he must be cursed."

Derp.
Matt wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Zebra has been posting nonsense that indicates nothing
It indicates that Zebra is playing in an unhelpful manner to the town, at least.

*votes Zebra*
So we're just going to policy lynch her and not discuss anything else?

I thought I brought meaningful content to the discussion regarding nutella, and literally NO ONE has commented on it, or anything else I've said about zebra. Why does it seem like no one gives a shit whether zebra is town or not?

This is nonsense.
Agreed. I know that sounds ridiculous from Zebra's first voter, but for real.

Let's lynch Elo.

Linki - Lol. Whatevs man, I had my reason at the time. Believe me, wish I could take it back.

Elo - Do you have a rebuttal to niju's claim that you should remember how Wilgy was in that game?

Elo - Throughout the phase, Wilgy has been speaking in English in every post except for one, so how did you come to the conclusion he was cursed?
Matt wrote:Hi thread! So I'm about 4 or 5 pages behind, and I'm still doing a catch up in another game, so I'll probably be back tonight with thoughts.

Feeling a little conflicted, but overall, I think Elo's still our best bet for next day.

Peace

Matt wrote:All caught up now. RIP sig

Elo is still my number one suspect, and I can't see myself voting elsewhere this phase.
Nerolunar wrote:
Cell wrote:Vote Selection: Young Lady

We believe a Young Lady lynch will yield favorable results.
Are the socks controlled my multiple players or is one person trolling us? What is happening?
Lol, I got a kick out of one element voting for the other, but as someone else said (Drum?) this is just WIFOM central and I wouldn't trust anything any of them say. I'm pretty much going to pretend they don't exist.

@DF - I remember the carefree, random voting, Day 1 days. Rarely randomed anyway but yeah things were a lot more relaxed back then! However, there is a key difference between then and now I'd say. Back in the day, a Day 1 would consist of what, 3 - 5 pages if that? Nowadays, we're at a dozen pages before Day 1 even begins if there is a Day 0, and it just gets crazier from there. So much more content to pick from, so I don't think comparing "the good old days" to now is really fair in relation to "who cares if my Day 1 vote was shitty?"

Deeeerp
Matt wrote:
Cell wrote:
Matt wrote:Lol, I got a kick out of one element voting for the other, but as someone else said (Drum?) this is just WIFOM central and I wouldn't trust anything any of them say. I'm pretty much going to pretend they don't exist.
Scans Matt

Results: We believe Matt is detrimental to the Cloudwalk regardless of his alignment.
Why? I pretty much agreed with you that no socks should be listened to, I just went one step further and threw you in with that bunch. You make no sense.

I'm going to get the ball rolling on Elohcin. She's clearly bad. I was conflicted for a second, thinking maybe she was just frazzled at me for my gameplay, but she's been unable or unwilling to answer most questions directed at her, and when she does they make no sense.

Linki - Ninja'd by the Doc :ninja:
Matt wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:
Cell wrote:
Matt wrote:Lol, I got a kick out of one element voting for the other, but as someone else said (Drum?) this is just WIFOM central and I wouldn't trust anything any of them say. I'm pretty much going to pretend they don't exist.
Scans Matt

Results: We believe Matt is detrimental to the Cloudwalk regardless of his alignment.
Why? I pretty much agreed with you that no socks should be listened to, I just went one step further and threw you in with that bunch. You make no sense.

I'm going to get the ball rolling on Elohcin. She's clearly bad. I was conflicted for a second, thinking maybe she was just frazzled at me for my gameplay, but she's been unable or unwilling to answer most questions directed at her, and when she does they make no sense.

Please. State your questions, I will answer. I hadn't seen any questions form you, just name calling.
K, this was a day or two ago...

After going through my ISO, I do apologize for referring to you as "hon". Otherwise, I don't know what you're talkin' about "name calling", but mkay.

Anyway, answers?
Matt was the most vocal opponent of Elohcin in the game on Day 1. He did everything to promote her lynch except vote for her himself. That may not be ideal, but gun to my head I think his lamentations about his Zebra vote and desire to change it to Elohcin were genuine. The degree of antagonism between these two, particularly where it bordered on getting personal, suggests to me that Matt was truly getting on Elohcin's nerves -- something that is more likely from a non-team mate aggressive interaction. That becomes more evident when the interaction is viewed from the other direction.

Things Elohcin said to/about Matt:
Big post
Elohcin wrote:

Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:What's wrong with my post?

It's totally obvi niju needs to be destroyed.

So Say We All
Please share for those of us that its not "obvi" to.
Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:What's wrong with my post?

It's totally obvi niju needs to be destroyed.

So Say We All
Please share for those of us that its not "obvi" to.
I would like Bloops to respond to my interrogation before I go any further.
Exactly. Which means you have nothing. You just want to throw a name out there and see what happens. So no. No "obvi" here.
Big post containing flings of poo upon Matt

Elohcin wrote:

Elohcin wrote:I think his method is a hindrance to finding mafia. And it gets under my skin that players will act this way. If you don't want to play, then don't sign up. If you're just looking for online fun, there are other avenues for that in the Speakeasy. He admitted himself that he doesn't baddie hunt.

But unless someone has a specific question to me about Matt, I will no longer bring it up b/c its not productive.

@ llama, I wonder about why you think JJJ is bad too. When did it become okay to just throw names out and not explain your thoughts? This is some lazy mafia playing going on.

@JJJ, how does it feel to have your name thrown out there with no real accusations to follow? Do you think this is okay behavior in a mafia game or do you think this is laziness?

linki again @ JJJ - please reread illyria's post. I don't think you are understanding it correctly. I was the host, Illyria was civ, and Mat was civ in the game she is talking about. He went after her, tunneled her for 4 days with no real accusations. He was wrong.
Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:
Cell wrote:
Scans Matt

Please. State your questions, I will answer. I hadn't seen any questions form you, just name calling.
Elohcin wrote:
Matt wrote:

Anyway, answers?
As for the first question: I have said this before and I will say it again. Between my job, homeschooling, and household matters, I only have enough capacity in my brain for one mafia game at a time. Once I am done with a game, I put it out of my head and focus on what's at hand. I am the same way with my business. I focus on this week's cakes and this week's only. I have several order forms in my business folder, but I don't pull them out until it's time to shop for ingredients for that week. I can't keep that many things at the forefront of my mind. I know several of you can. Epi, for one, can read 6 or 7 books at once an remember what's going on in each. All while playing and hosting mafia and keeping up with several shows. And then on top of that, I bet he could recall the last 7 mafia games he played in order. Me? I know, of course, I hosted DA most recently. I think before that I was in....I think an MP game. I cannot even recall. Before that it was Rocky & Bullwinkle, I think. Call me stupid, but I just can't do it. My brain doesn't retain info well :P I am a second child and my older brother graduated with a 4.3 (validictorian) and I never saw him crack a book. I worked hard and struggled for my As and Bs. But, I am creative and I have more common sense than the next guy. We're all different. You can't say I'm bad b/c my brian doesn;t retain info like the rest of you smarties in here. I won't stand for it. I heard one too many times, "why can't you be more like your brother." I won't stand for anything like that here.

Second question: I answered this one. Wilgy's gibberish post was towards the beginning of Day 1. Night actions were used Night 0. I had been mostly focused on your posts so far during Day 1 and paid more attention to you than anyone else and I know I shouldn't have. I should have let you do your thing and just shut up b/c it aided us in lynching a civ Day 1. Anyway...so I was paying more attention to you than him(remember I am a focused person and don't keep a lot in the forefront of my mind at the same time) and that was the first post of his that I could recall. So when I made of note of seeing it, my brain automatically though, "hmm, he must have been cursed. Carrying on... Matt is annoying the hell out of me." :D So when you asked about why I hadn't been all over wilgy's case as I was all over yours. I just wrote what I recalled thinking when I saw his post. AND, even though he wasn't being helpful in my opinion. I didn't think he was being too harmful as I thought you were. But I guess calling out names and accusing them to be a particular role is a genuine playstyle. I just hope that if you stick around, that you will not only say things like, "niju is the professor, let's lynch her" But that you will actually build some cases as to why you think those things.

Oh, and I think I said that wrong. I don't mean name calling. I mean naming players as bad with no explanation. Sorry abotu that, the misunderstanding was my miscommunication for sure.
~~~

I don't think Matt is likely to be a team mate of Elohcin. It's clear that he was really getting on her nerves and I think that's probably because she didn't understand why he was correctly suspecting her. She continually belittled his suspicion by reducing it to "namecalling" or pretending he had no explanations -- things that are demonstrably false.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

3J - I mistakenly hounded Illy for days in "Downton" Mafia because of an initial ping I had on her having btsc. I mistakenly took "btsc = bad" when in her case, in that particular game, it wasn't.

Short story. I was wrong on her being bad. I was 100% correct on her having btsc.

Elo and Illy BOTH, in this game, discredited my instincts by saying how wrong I was in Downton, without acknowledging that I was in fact, kinda right. When I brought this up, neither of them responded and Illy was shortly replaced by Mac thereafter.

Question - Why say I have bad instincts (which, to be fair, I absolutely do) while citing a game in which I was actually pretty much right on the money (with the exception of alignment) ?

Derp.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”