Fairview (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
33%

Total votes: 15
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22

Re: Transistor [Day 3]

Post by Young Lady »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, I'm here! Going to catch up shortly.
This Young Lady would like to know your thoughts on Wiggly.
Supervisor
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Young Lady wrote:This Young Lady dislikes Probeys opinion of her.
This Young Lady has been the same since her existence was created to destroy the Dark Master.
This Young Lady distrusts Probey and believes it would be beneficial to terminate it.
This Young Lady believes Ursula, Mooney, or Picture of Motion is Probey and serves the Dark Master.
This thing needs to die.
To be recycled
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Transistor [Day 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

Spoiler: show
agleaminranks wrote:Sure. I'll address the third point first about active discussers. At that point it was mostly yourself, JJJ, Drumbeats, and Elo leading the discussion for the day. I did feel good because (again, I mentioned it before, I didn't like DB's strategy but I wasn't inclined to read him as bad) all of those people, yourself included, felt like they were trying to encourage positive, strategy-oriented discussion. But it is also Day 1. When I say I'm feeling good about someone, I'm leaning like 10% civ at most. To say I'm more confident of alignment on day 1 is absolutely ludicrous and unfounded.

To address the other points: I was the only one that cast significant shade on sig before he was nightkilled. You were the only person that rebutted my accusation of him. Sig then proceeds to get nightkilled. It felt like it would have been a good opportunity to set the ball rolling against me. People were voting for Elohcin and I felt slightly more sure about her being good than bad. I was wrong, but I still stand by that statement in hindsight. She was good at acting like a civilian in my eyes. So I voted for you because I did not have any stronger suspicions on anyone playing the game, and if I were in your position and I were bad, I would have used my misjudgment of sig to try and set up a wagon against me. If I were a baddy playing against myself in this game, your position would be the most likely to try and set up such a nightkill after voicing your opinion on me. Is it somehow illegal for someone to change reads?

I also was not entirely convinced you were silenced. I thought it possible some people could be faking it, like yourself, to try and not arouse suspicion. In fact, after Matt was nightkilled last night (the person I suspected first), I thought it even more likely that you would have been faking it by setting up two of my suspicions as nightkills and attempting to frame me. In fact it really does feel like someone now is trying to frame my position.

I was all set to come back and accuse you again until I saw this role revealed on the front page:
Royce Bracket
Flood ( )- Sometimes…people can be…contagious. People can be contagious. Whoever targets your target the same Night will be silenced and unable to vote while they recover.
So with that revelation in mind I'm suddenly feeling like I cannot hold that suspicion on you anymore. Given that (if memory serves me correctly, I'll have to go back and reread the votes) you were on one of the vote trains the first day, it's entirely possible you were legitimately silenced. So I am forced to recind my analysis of your position in light of this evidence. I daresay I think slightly better of you now, even.

I'm frustrated, so I'm going to stop speculating and look at the facts in light of the new role. If we believe you were silenced, which I think I now can believe with less doubt, someone else who voted for Elo on Day 1 is a baddie and was bussing, probably the baddie here in question, unless there's another silencing role in that crowd.

I do see nijuukyugou on that list. I will go back to check and see their posts as well as who else may have been possibly silenced/missed a vote the previous day.

So someone forced these three into the spotlight
gleam, having read and mulled over what you've presented here (and previously), I think your mindset is coming too much from a "I'm the center of the game's universe" place, and you're building an entire suspicion of me around the fact that the mafia is taking every action around you. I've suffered that logical fallacy too much in past games myself; it's hard not to do so at times because the only information that often we can be sure of is our own alignment and viewpoints, and that's it.

I'd highly recommend considering alternative explanations for night kills, because I'm not mafia and I didn't execute any of them. Further, I doubt that the mafia are framing you specifically over any other players, at least at this stage. I think it's much more likely that Matt was killed because he was Elo's biggest accuser (at least I'd say so). As for sig, I don't know, but n1 kills can be for various reasons, and often aren't too meaningful. Sometimes even the mafia isn't sure whom to kill so they go for the kill that's least traceable, that would cause the most speculation, etc. Could be any number of reasons.

Now if I'm misunderstanding what you're saying here, let me know, but I am seeing all of this as focused entirely on NKA and similar role night power speculation, rather than in-thread content and voting records.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Ned Flanders »

Badcell wrote:
Young Lady wrote:This Young Lady dislikes Probeys opinion of her.
This Young Lady has been the same since her existence was created to destroy the Dark Master.
This Young Lady distrusts Probey and believes it would be beneficial to terminate it.
This Young Lady believes Ursula, Mooney, or Picture of Motion is Probey and serves the Dark Master.
This thing needs to die.
Just so everyone knows, Young Lady used to date Badcell and it was a terrible break up. I still remember Badcell threatening to take his own life, we had to stage an invervention.

It was terrible. :(
Assault
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Transistor [Night 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:MovingPictures07: I'd like for you to map out the full progression of your Day 1 read, at least briefly, to illustrate exactly what it was you liked about her at first and why that read soured as much as it did. Show me the mindset and thought process that led you there.
You're not the only one who has seemingly inquired or expressed curiosity of my early d1 Elo slight town read, so gladly, I'm happy to do this.

I liked the way Elo jumped right into the game and was actively contributing to discussion. I'll exclude Night 0 even and just start from Day 1, but posts such as the following:
Elohcin wrote:I bet the process gets to choose which ability he uses and maybe after he uses an ability, it is revealed?
To me displayed an attentive Elo who wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty in discussion, whether it was mechanics-based (such as this one), or suspicions-based (see below):
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I bet the process gets to choose which ability he uses and maybe after he uses an ability, it is revealed?
Seems sensible.

What thoughts do you have, Elo, any? You seemed to dislike DrumBeats's declaration of swapping votes. Why?
I don't think it productive at all. It's not any better than self voting. I believe he even said it would be a way of finding a loophole. I am tired of the self voters b/c I find it a lack of participation and even more so, a hindrance to one's team whether they are civ or mafia. And I told Epi (half way through the game I just hosted) that I wish I'd have made it a rule that you cannot self vote. He liked the idea :)
This post I liked because it showed Elo throwing mud and being honest with her accusations, at least that's how I perceived it at the time, and I tend to view that as town-minded Elo behavior. I've played many games with an anti-town Elo who failed to come into the thread actively and hesitate to throw out substantiated reads due to bringing attention to herself. When she was SK in Economics Mafia, one of the things that caught my eye was the fact that she threw out unsubstantiated reads (based entirely on gut) and didn't engage people much in conversation. I saw a contrast in her early Day 1 behavior here.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Seems sensible.

What thoughts do you have, Elo, any? You seemed to dislike DrumBeats's declaration of swapping votes. Why?
I don't think it productive at all. It's not any better than self voting. I believe he even said it would be a way of finding a loophole. I am tired of the self voters b/c I find it a lack of participation and even more so, a hindrance to one's team whether they are civ or mafia. And I told Epi (half way through the game I just hosted) that I wish I'd have made it a rule that you cannot self vote. He liked the idea :)
That's understandable; it's why I created the "no self voting" rule to begin with, and I'm glad to see it catch on.

Do you really think that viewpoint has any reflection of DrumBeats's alignment, however? What is the mafia motivation for him proposing that?
Another idea I came up with that was already created, I see. I am not sure about his alignment. It could just be a civ acting like a wild monkey again (which happens all too often in the beginning of games, sadly). I hate it b/c I feel it gives Mafia an advantage and then sends us civs scrambling to try to win towards the end of the game. I think if we stay focused, we can nip this thing in the bud and have a successful win. Rocky and Bullwinkle was a hell of a circus in the beginning and a struggle to win in the end. We ought not act like animals and suggest stupid things like switching votes to avoid a rule we want to break. SO, I told DB I would keep my eye on him. I said this not b/c I definitely think he's mafia but b/c I think he needs to shape up and stop joking around (if that's what he's doing). Like I said, YES, we need to have fun. But we still need to keep our heads screwed on.
Okay, thanks for explaining. I wasn't sure what "keeping an eye on" meant with respect to your view of his alignment.

Elohcin wrote:
AllAlongTheBoardwalk wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
AllAlongTheBoardwalk wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Do you really think that viewpoint has any reflection of DrumBeats's alignment, however? What is the mafia motivation for him proposing that?
That's a good question. Personally, I don't see any 'good' motivation for suggesting vote trading than other than to skate through a few votes without making a real decision. So in that respect, it seems somewhat sinister to me. However, perhaps DB is just wanting to exploit loopholes because he/she can?
Explain to me what you mean here. You seem to indicate this is in contrast to your previous assessment (that the motivation is somewhat sinister); does this mean that you think exploiting loopholes conveys a town mindset?

Not at all. What I meant by that was, while I think it is more likely a 'mafia' type move, there are other possible motivations one might have for suggesting it. So I think it COULD be either.
Or perhaps he has NO reason at all. I don't claim to be an expert, but again, after just coming off from hosting (sorry if I bore you with this phrase) I feel like people do and say weird shit that means nothing and that they have no reason for saying/doing. I feel like Mafia is less about figuring out who is mafia and instead just a crapshoot. It COULD be about figuring out who's if players would use their abilities with their intelligence instead of just flapping off at the mouth about this and that. For instance, if you know certain people in the game are good, list them as people you trust, don't list just one of those and then 2 others as your top trusts. USE the facts you learn from your power. Be sensible.

Okay, I am off my soapbox now.
I strongly disagree with the underlined. Yes, there is an element of luck, but if this were the case, then an effective strategy would be for all votes to be randomized every Day period and to never analyze any behavior. I've seen collaborative town teams before dismantle mafia for behavior in thread. Based on what you said here and your response to me, I do agree that it'd be nice to see more collaborative behavior in games around here; that's a problem I've had for quite some time now, and that's that civilians too often act as if they're LMS.

Do you have anyone you trust yet?
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Or perhaps he has NO reason at all. I don't claim to be an expert, but again, after just coming off from hosting (sorry if I bore you with this phrase) I feel like people do and say weird shit that means nothing and that they have no reason for saying/doing. I feel like Mafia is less about figuring out who is mafia and instead just a crapshoot. It COULD be about figuring out who's if players would use their abilities with their intelligence instead of just flapping off at the mouth about this and that. For instance, if you know certain people in the game are good, list them as people you trust, don't list just one of those and then 2 others as your top trusts. USE the facts you learn from your power. Be sensible.

Okay, I am off my soapbox now.
I strongly disagree with the underlined. Yes, there is an element of luck, but if this were the case, then an effective strategy would be for all votes to be randomized every Day period and to never analyze any behavior. I've seen collaborative town teams before dismantle mafia for behavior in thread. Based on what you said here and your response to me, I do agree that it'd be nice to see more collaborative behavior in games around here; that's a problem I've had for quite some time now, and that's that civilians too often act as if they're LMS.

Do you have anyone you trust yet?
I just mean that it COULD be more about strategy than it is if people would take it more seriously than they do. And, yeah, I think I trust you so far. I wish more people would talk so I can have the chance to trust more people.

As for The Process, Wiki says this: Cells are a form of The Process. When any type of The Process is destroyed (excepting of course Badcells), Cells are the natural result. They are immobile and do not attack, and are collectable by Red for unknown use. If they are not quickly attended to, they will either turn into Badcells or regenerate to their previous form. They are composed of four floating white metal pieces and a red orb. Cells do not have a Limiter page.

Anyone care to try and interpret what we should do with this info?
Matt wrote:Yeah let's lynch the Bloops. She's the Process, right?
GAH!!! THIS! This is the type of post that is driving me nuts these days. Either be helpful or hush. Matt, you are giving me gray hairs already this game.

And don't take this frustration as a defense of Niju, y'all. Cause I know that's what at least 2 of you are thinking. :p
Her sentiments regarding "silly" townie behavior likewise struck me as coming from a genuine mindset; in combination with her throwing suspicion at DB, I saw it as town-compatible. I perhaps would have viewed such commentary from her more skeptically if she showed less willingness to engage in suspicions, which happened as the Day progressed (among other things, which I'll get to in a bit here).

That's briefly what I saw in Elo during the first 5 or so pages of the game, which leads me to my first rainbow list.

You'll note that in there I briefly explained my slight town treatment of Elo (and the others I was slight town reading at the time):
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm town reading AATB due to his contribution to the discussion last night when I pressured him, though I want more. I wasn't sure what to make of DrumBeats but having caught up now I'm seeing his attempts to engage people with this plan as genuinely town-minded, but it's still a slight lean. Elohcin is active and I'm enjoying it; I also am reading her attempts to engage others so far as genuine, and her frustrations displayed a townie mindset. All minor, but they're all worth town reads nonetheless. I think forming town reads, even very slight at this stage, is just as important as identifying mafia leans, perhaps even more so. So I intend on trying to sort through these as the day progresses and hopefully form some more. Please help me out with that, folks! Show me your townie spark.
Hopefully what I succinctly highlighted above better displays where my mind was at as the thread was developing in real time. It's rare to see Elo as one of the top posters in the game, particularly early on, and of that activity nothing I really saw nothing alarming (in contrast to after I cast that green read of her and caught upon with the thread my next return, which I will elucidate hereafter).
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

So, just so I understand you correctly regarding your reads: You're town reading "the few actives" (who is that exactly?) and you have mafia reads on Elo and DrumBeats for their thoughts on the proposal but minor ones, yeah?
This is funny as DB and I are a part of the "few actives" :p
Matt wrote:
Elohcin wrote:You just want to throw a name out there and see what happens.
So? Why are you against this? Lotta people hunt, but I'm not a hunter. I fish. niju came in and made fun of me, that was that. I'm currently null on her right now btw. Derp.

Meanwhile, shortly before this post of yours, Dr Wilgy posted this gem...
DrWilgy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Any thoughts on what has transpired thus far, Wilgy?
RYUU GA WAGA TEKI WO KURAU!!!
Your respone? Nada.

Then, at 5:30 PM (my time)
DrWilgy wrote:I'm mafia and I decline your offer Drum.
6:16 PM
Elohcin wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Once again since few people are acknowledging this: My plan only applies after the scum shoots an element first. The plan in no way is a "lets hunt the process while the mafia kills us" its a "hey mafia, you should kill an element instead of us, and if you do we will lynch an element too. We both need the process dead, so while we have the man power it would be best to take care of it early.
@ Epi - can scum shoot an element as their night kill instead of shooting a player?

DB I am not seeing where you are getting this info.
Again, nada on Wilgy.

How is it you came at me for my way of trying to find the bad people but you let Wilgy off the hook for saying he's a bad guy?

:eye:
Here we go...another Matt vs. Elo show (sung as if said by a tv host). **crowd boos**

I guess I just don't like your zany playstyle b/c it comes off as you not caring.

As for wilgy, I just figured he was cursed or something. Did he post otherwise in plain English? If so, I mis-remembered.
Matt wrote:
Discuss. Also Elohcin is bad.
Goin' fishin' again?

Well I ain't bitin'
Matt wrote:
Aaaaand I'd like Elo to explain herself.
Well, I am a 33 year old Christian woman. I've been married to our wonderful host for just under 13 years and we have three crazy, intelligent, beautiful, and hilarious children. I homeschool these children as well as run my own cakery. It allows me to help provide for my family but also be there for my kids 24/7. I believe in raising my own children and being independent from the "village" that society says we ought to be a part of. I have made my own village for my children which consists of our homeschool group of about 30 families. Politically, I am a libertarian. I think America has gotten way too big for it's britches and saying that the government has too much control is an understatement. :D How's that for explaining myself.

My POINT is, you aren't specific enough in your "fishing" as you call it.
a2thezebra wrote:This has got to be the most confusing game I've ever played.
I'm sorry Zeebs, but this seems like such an act.

And lastly, @JJJ - I just don't see zany behavior from Matt as productive and it makes me think he doesn't care about the game. I don;t think Matt is BAD. I never said that. I also don;t think I ever said that his tactics were baddie-like or un-civ. I just think they are unproductive and uncaring. That is all.
Elohcin wrote:You know, I am not going to be distracted by Matt's foolishness this game. I don;t think he is bad. I think he is just zany and his playstyle frustrates me.

My top suspect is Zebra and it is not only her overly confused behavior which seems forced and over the top. But it's also her comment about being able to trust DB in his plan to vote for an element if and only if the mafia takes out an element at night instead of a civilian. I believe her question, asking DB if she can trust him/the civs was a baddie slip.
What I disliked about Elo starts immediately after my rainbow list, wherein she (1) really starts actively discrediting Matt just because he is Matt and (2) throws some heavy shade on zebra, especially in the latter post, but with a poorly explained reason (the slip, really?).

She then wastes no time in hopping on the zebra bandwagon because she is "extra zany":
Elohcin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:And no, I don't think Wilgy is being very helpful either, but he does this regardless of alignment. I don't recall Zebra ever behaving this way.
If I had to name the top zany people on this site (right now) it would be Matt, Wilgy, and Zebra.

But you are right in that Zebra is extra zany this game. I am going to go ahead and vote that way. ZEBRA
With all of these posts and more all happening while I'm away from the thread.

She also spewed these posts in spite of her observation regarding DrumBeats earlier, which was intriguing to me because by this point JJJ and others had come in and defending DB's plan, and DB had explained it further himself, suggesting that Elo's suspicions of both were likely fabricated.

There are many posts that follow wherein I explain my dislike of Elo's behavior this game, so I'm not going to bother including them just to keep this brief and address the real heart of the matter, which was my early slight town read of Elo, rather than why I read her as mafia.

I hope this better illuminates where my head was at; if any questions still remain from anyone, let me know and I'll try my best to explain how I was approaching Elo or whomever or whatever else.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote:I went though everything MP said about Elo leading up to her almost lynch and her actual lynch and have a very strong suspicion that he is bad because of it. On the surface he looks town for trying to start that CFD before EoD but I don't buy it and actually think he's trying to look town instead of being town.

Are these votes changeable?

im in a show right now so I will not be around to respond with expediency
Can you elaborate upon this? Hopefully what I've addressed to JJJ right above clears up my train of thought and any concerns you might have. Let me know.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Transistor [Day 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

DrumBeats wrote:Here are the reads I have atm:

Town reads/leans:
MovingPictures07 - Seems to be genuinely pushing discussion
Elohcin - Active and given me no reason to suspect them. Could be a biased opinion due to them being the one person who actually acknowledged my idea without twisting it into "lets ignore the mafia"
JJJ - Seems to be genuinely scumhunting. A little less active than he seems to usually be but he's in a ton of games at once right now iirc.

Null reads:
DrWigly - How the hell do you read somebody like this
Matt - Seems to be different than the conspiracy theory Matt I've seen before, though I'm not sure what that says of his alignment. Very unhelpful and I don't like the early vote, but I'm still not sure here.

Scum reads/leans:
Zebra - Potential scumslip, plus acting WAY too confused about everything. Has contributed nothing and locked a vote way early. My largest scumread right now.
Illyria - Haven't seen much here, but one thing I noticed is that I think Illyria is just skimming. Illyria expressed distaste for my plan saying that we can't trust the mafia and then basically suggested a less civ-beneficial version my plan by saying we should just wait a few days and do it. Should that idea go through it would get rid of scum obligation in removing the threat, which makes me scum lean Illyria a bit.

Dependent read:
Nutella - Depending on the answer to my last question.
Speaking of which, in digging up those posts, I recall this post from DrumBeats literally right after my first rainbow list wherein he too expressed a town read of Elo for similar reasons. Perhaps those of you who still are wondering about why anyone was town reading Elo at that point in the game can get DrumBeats's insight as well?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lastly, having examined JJJ's interactive ISOs (thanks for doing that by the way!) and finished catching up, I have an updated rainbow list for you all. Here it is!

MP Rainbow List #4 - Day 3

Moderate Town:
JaggedJimmyJay
nijuukyugou
Scotty (AATB)

Slight Town:
DrWilgy
kneel4justice (reywaS)
DrumBeats

Slight Mafia:
thellama73
nutella

Moderate Mafia:
MacDougall (Illyria)
DFaraday
Nerolunar
agleaminranks

As such, I'm happy with my vote today.

Thoughts? Questions or comments? What would your list look like?

I have to get back to work now and will continue to be quite busy. I think I've either directly or indirectly addressed everything that everyone has wanted from me as well; if not, please let me know ASAP. See you all later!
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 73

Post by DrWilgy »

Hey everyone.

So... Current votes are odd... The only player I think I can trust out of who have voted is MP. MP having no votes means he's either a really spot on civ or he's bad.

Niju and I rode similar waves earlier this game... I'm going to wait until EoD. Let's see what happens.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

This Young Lady dislikes that her question wasn't answered.
This Young Lady is considering voting for PoM
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

This Young Lady would never date Probey for she has never served the Dark Master as Probey does.
Supervisor
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

What question of yours was ignored?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Young Lady wrote:
Supervisor
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Young Lady wrote:
Young Lady wrote:
I see... Sorry I can't answer that. I think that I'm rather attractive. What do you think Young Lady?
Image Image Image
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

This Young Lady does need a strong champion to protect her from the Dark Master.
This Young Lady would like your thoughts on PoM.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

This Young Lady sees YumYum and Beardy have been absent, in services of the Forbidden Ones perhaps?
Supervisor
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 46

Post by thellama73 »

Nerolunar wrote:
thellama73 wrote:24 hour lynch? What a gyp! I thought I had another day.
It was a 24 hour lynch until it was changed to 48.

Why did you vote for me? :mafia:
Because I felt like it!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 46

Post by thellama73 »

I just want to say I love the MP thinks I'm "slight mafia". Shows I still have my edge. :mafia:
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

This Young Lady wonders what the Four Legged Mammal thinks of her champion.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

This Young Lady says.

Supervisor
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 79

Post by kneel4justice »

MP's explanation of his thought process on Eloh throughout the game makes me feel good about it. I can now understand why he felt good about her and admit that even I might have done so had I actually been in the game and playing it real time.

Niju has done nothing to strike me as suspicious. Taking into consideration the suspicion and voting of Eloh, I feel rather confident that she is not working with the mafia.

That being said, my vote is going to Nero.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 75

Re: Transistor [Day 1]

Post by DrumBeats »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:Here are the reads I have atm:

Town reads/leans:
MovingPictures07 - Seems to be genuinely pushing discussion
Elohcin - Active and given me no reason to suspect them. Could be a biased opinion due to them being the one person who actually acknowledged my idea without twisting it into "lets ignore the mafia"
JJJ - Seems to be genuinely scumhunting. A little less active than he seems to usually be but he's in a ton of games at once right now iirc.

Null reads:
DrWigly - How the hell do you read somebody like this
Matt - Seems to be different than the conspiracy theory Matt I've seen before, though I'm not sure what that says of his alignment. Very unhelpful and I don't like the early vote, but I'm still not sure here.

Scum reads/leans:
Zebra - Potential scumslip, plus acting WAY too confused about everything. Has contributed nothing and locked a vote way early. My largest scumread right now.
Illyria - Haven't seen much here, but one thing I noticed is that I think Illyria is just skimming. Illyria expressed distaste for my plan saying that we can't trust the mafia and then basically suggested a less civ-beneficial version my plan by saying we should just wait a few days and do it. Should that idea go through it would get rid of scum obligation in removing the threat, which makes me scum lean Illyria a bit.

Dependent read:
Nutella - Depending on the answer to my last question.
Speaking of which, in digging up those posts, I recall this post from DrumBeats literally right after my first rainbow list wherein he too expressed a town read of Elo for similar reasons. Perhaps those of you who still are wondering about why anyone was town reading Elo at that point in the game can get DrumBeats's insight as well?
Honestly I think a lot of it was my frustration with bashing my idea into the the wall for you guys made me focus a bit too much on it for all of these reads. Basically, I hadn't seen anything suspicious, there was good activity, and Elo agreed with me about the Process plan. At that early of a point, that was good enough for me. I was trying to focus more on the scumslip I thought I saw in Zebra and my dependent suspicions on nutella at the time.

The revelation that the three people were alphabetical makes me relatively comfortable that it is not a one of each alignment type thing, but it was a fun theory at least I guess.

Vote Nerolunar

I would much prefer this to be on nutella right now, but sadly that is not an option.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

agleaminranks wrote:Niju is getting my vote. MP, check my post in response to yours.
You have no explanation for this. Explain, please.
Nerolunar wrote:And it was probably a night action that provoked this poll change, so even if we lynch the wrong guy(me) then we can examine Squid and MP closer since one of them is guaranteed to be bad.
Not necessarily. I'm still of the mind that this is random annoying night action shenanigans. Or Epi shenanigans. Or both.
Nerolunar wrote:I don´t think that we are all civ. Spending a whole day without the opportunity to lynch a baddie is not good design imo. Epignosis knows this.
Epi does what he wants to amuse himself. This amuses him. He once had a night poll in which people were asked if they had "enough courage," and everyone who voted "yes" was put on the poll the next day, and everyone who didn't was left off. All who voted were civilian, if I recall correctly. This man has no soul :disappoint:
Nerolunar wrote:Voted Niju. She seems worse to me than MPm, although had it not been for this poll I would read her as civ. Oh well.

I just beat Sybil in the game :beer: It is an amazing soundtrack.
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I also don't appreciate the vote. Why am I worse than MP? Is it the tentacles?

I think I want to see MP as bad, because he tricks me (especially when he puts me at the top of his lists. But for good reason :noble: ), but I'm reading him as good this game. The point about his silencing and the mafia role power that reacts to targeting makes this argument stronger. And his explanation of changing his thoughts about Eloh rang true - I also saw her frustration with mafia in general as genuine at first, but then grew mightily suspicious when she kept going after Matt, etc. etc. (I've been over this, not gonna rehash).

Nero, alas, your avoidance of voting for Eloh in the last lynch makes you look worse out of the two of you. Voting Nero.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Just so everyone knows, I voted MP before it was cool.
Image Image Image
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

This Young Lady is voting for PoM, he is the Dark Master.
This Young Lady won't oppose Mooneys lynch, but he is no Dark Master.
Supervisor
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks for laying that all out, MP. One thing you said that can resonate with me on some level relates to the heightened rate of involvement by Elohcin at least through the first half of Day 1. It was a stark contrast from the total silence she employed as a baddie in Turf Wars.

I think the best option is Nerolunar and that's where I'll vote.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Jack Shephard »

nijuukyugou wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Niju is getting my vote. MP, check my post in response to yours.
You have no explanation for this. Explain, please.
Nerolunar wrote:And it was probably a night action that provoked this poll change, so even if we lynch the wrong guy(me) then we can examine Squid and MP closer since one of them is guaranteed to be bad.
Not necessarily. I'm still of the mind that this is random annoying night action shenanigans. Or Epi shenanigans. Or both.
Nerolunar wrote:I don´t think that we are all civ. Spending a whole day without the opportunity to lynch a baddie is not good design imo. Epignosis knows this.
Epi does what he wants to amuse himself. This amuses him. He once had a night poll in which people were asked if they had "enough courage," and everyone who voted "yes" was put on the poll the next day, and everyone who didn't was left off. All who voted were civilian, if I recall correctly. This man has no soul :disappoint:
Nerolunar wrote:Voted Niju. She seems worse to me than MPm, although had it not been for this poll I would read her as civ. Oh well.

I just beat Sybil in the game :beer: It is an amazing soundtrack.
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I also don't appreciate the vote. Why am I worse than MP? Is it the tentacles?

I think I want to see MP as bad, because he tricks me (especially when he puts me at the top of his lists. But for good reason :noble: ), but I'm reading him as good this game. The point about his silencing and the mafia role power that reacts to targeting makes this argument stronger. And his explanation of changing his thoughts about Eloh rang true - I also saw her frustration with mafia in general as genuine at first, but then grew mightily suspicious when she kept going after Matt, etc. etc. (I've been over this, not gonna rehash).

Nero, alas, your avoidance of voting for Eloh in the last lynch makes you look worse out of the two of you. Voting Nero.
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Transistor [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Locate the Camerata and/or The Process.

Poll ended at Mon May 23, 2016 9:01 pm

MovingPictures07
DrWilgy (18), Young Lady (19)
10%

Nerolunar
nutella (5), thellama73 (10), MovingPictures07 (11), DFaraday (12), kneel4justice (14), DrumBeats (15), nijuukyugou (16), JaggedJimmyJay (20)
38%

nijuukyugou
Nerolunar (7), agleaminranks (13), Luna (21)
14%

Fairview (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Metalmarsh89 (1), Epignosis (2), Elohcin (3), Spacedaisy (4), a2thezebra (6), ika (8), sig (9), juliets (17)
38%

Total votes : 21
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Transistor [Day 2]

Post by Epignosis »

Day 3 Ends: Traces

Hey...what's happening to me?

I'll still try to be here.

Just know...

When I look up where the sky should be...

I see you.
Nerolunar has been lynched.
It is now Night 3. You have 23 hours to submit your PMs and vote.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Transistor [Night 3]

Post by Scotty »

im sorry for missing the vote. My car was broken into today and I had my laptop and entire backpack stolen, including my passport, checkbook, harddrive and credit cards. I've been corresponding with all kinds of agencies to work on locating, but am very frazzled. I apologize for my tardiness, Epi. :sigh:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Spacedaisy »

Scotty wrote:im sorry for missing the vote. My car was broken into today and I had my laptop and entire backpack stolen, including my passport, checkbook, harddrive and credit cards. I've been corresponding with all kinds of agencies to work on locating, but am very frazzled. I apologize for my tardiness, Epi. :sigh:
:hug: :consoling: That sucks beyond belief, I'm so sorry Scotty!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, that result sucks. RIP Nero.

So sorry to hear that, Scotty. :sigh:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Young Lady wrote:This Young Lady dislikes that her question wasn't answered.
This Young Lady is considering voting for PoM
I didn't ignore you. I clearly assigned DrWilgy as a slight town read in my rainbow, and I've expressed what I think about Wilgy enough in my posts to explain the train of thought adequately. Nothing's really changed.

Furthermore, I think all of these sockpuppet accounts, including you, are likely not aligned with the town.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Voted Jerk
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Well damn, sorry I was wrong about you Nero :\

and yikes scotty that really sucks DD:::
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bummer Nero.

I had the same thing happen a few months ago Scotty, though I didn't lose as much as you did. I know how huge a pain that whole deal is. Sorry my man.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mulling over this, unfortunately I don't feel I really learned much of anything from that lynch result or that Day period in general. Consider my rainbow to be pretty much the same.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmm... Did we really have a poll where there was no success chance for civs?

Theory: one of these 3 are the process, one is civ and the other is mafia.

Thoughts?
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 56

Post by MacDougall »

I am also sorry for missing the vote. I am an agent of chaos and I felt it was my duty to do so.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 56

Post by MacDougall »

As a civ I feel I have an obligation to the civilians to not be lynched and I feel the best way to achieve this is to do nothing whatsoever.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Nerolunar »

Im sorry I played like a mess this game. I think Im going to take a small break from mafia and skip AOT and The Office, and return when the next abundance of games are ready :biggrin: I will play the Star Trek sim though, looking forward to that!

Good luck everyone :beer: Kill that pesky Camerata and the Process :feb:
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

thanks guys, I appreciate it. The backpack was found discarded in a parking lot and I was able to get back most of my papers and games I had stashed in there, but all my electronics are gone. The thief smashed in a window while I was out to lunch and ran off with the backpack. Just a reminder not to leave your items out in the open in big cities (I'm currently in San Fran)

Anyway, let's get back in this thing. I'll post when I can. I still haven't responded to your accusation, Mp, but you can call it gut. Seeing as Nero flipped good, that also makes me feel bad about not just you, but the other Nero voters.

Most of your early reads on people are painted with light town and not as much suspicions. Nutella seems to be your biggest suspicion.

To be continued. Gotta run

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Voting Young Lady.
DrWilgy wrote:Hmm... Did we really have a poll where there was no success chance for civs?

Thoughts?
I don't see how we can draw these conclusions when the names were in alphabetical order. Do you think that was just coincidental?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Well that sucks. Sorry, Nero.
Voted for Operator.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Voting Young Lady.
DrWilgy wrote:Hmm... Did we really have a poll where there was no success chance for civs?

Thoughts?
I don't see how we can draw these conclusions when the names were in alphabetical order. Do you think that was just coincidental?
Ah, didn't notice that. Still it feels off, what is the point of our day phases when we can't vote for baddies?
Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Voting Young Lady.

Thoughts?
Ah, didn't notice that. Still it feels off, what is the point of our day phases when we can't vote for baddies?
As I said, perhaps it wasn't even a civ power. Or the civ that used that power made a judgment call that may or may not be correct.

Will be voting for Creep because I just heard the Radiohead song played in this cafe.

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Argh. Sorry, Nero :(

Gonna vote Badcell. Then gonna eat because starving.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dodo »

I think MovingPictures is good. :hugs:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Transistor [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Research the Process

Badcell
nijuukyugou (15)
6%

Creep
MacDougall (7), Scotty (14)
13%

Jerk
MovingPictures07 (5)
6%

Young Lady
JaggedJimmyJay (11)
6%

Snapshot
No votes

Fetch
No votes

Clucker
nutella (6)
6%

Man
thellama73 (10)
6%

Operator
kneel4justice (12)
6%

The Spine (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), Spacedaisy (2), sig (3), ika (4), Elohcin (8), Nerolunar (9), a2thezebra (13), Quin (16)
50%

Total votes : 16
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Transistor [Night 0]

Post by Epignosis »

Night 3 Ends: Water Wall

DrWilgy...was he a doctor? I never figured that one out.
DrWilgy has been killed by the Camerata.
It is now Day 4. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”