Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Generic JJJ post about baddie interactions -- motel room

Elohcin:

Nothing

~~~

motel room:
Spoiler: show
motel room wrote:Ok some stuff.

I don't understand Rico's motivation, why he's so invested anti-mac. I don't get why he would do his Day 1 as scum, but I don't get why he would continue it Day 2 as town.

I like sloonei, jjj, dom. I think I like zebra and mac. I'm cool to vote instername, movingpictures, or lorab. I don't know enough about Elo or how she plays but I see she's jjj's main target atm and need to get a stance going. I also see Glorfindel is a person on the tally. And SVS.

I need to do work shit now. Like an idiot.
He sort of prompted himself to get busy on taking a stance on Elohcin on Day 2. We'll see how that developed.
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Any thoughts on Elohcin? Bueller?
Where would you put your vote if not her?
He answers my request for thoughts on Elohcin by asking me about non-Elohcin.
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It doesn't really matter. He's probably getting lynched. I'm not going to vote INH to save him. They're both town reads.
I went Elo for a sec before switching back. That's where my gut is out of these three.
I'm not sure exactly what this meant. Please talk about it motel room.
motel room wrote:Switching to Elo then
Day 3 vote. He never really got to taking a stance on Elohcin and this vote was unexplained.

~~~

Meh. Not much to talk about. I think there's at least some bus potential in his vote.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: MAD MAX: Night 3

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Generic JJJ post about baddie interactions -- Elohcin and MovingPictures07

Elohcin:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It pains me to disparage a lady, but I do believe Elohcin's response to that random vote from her husband was a bit lifeless. Considering she is here to see Neil Hartley live and in the flesh, I know she isn't that bored. The look on her face, it's giving Neil the wrong impression.
:ponder:
So yeah, it was like after midnight when I posted that response to Epi. Maybe that's why it seems lifeless. Last night was my monthly ladies night out and I didn't come home until I had my fill of caramel apple sangria.

I cannot even remember what emoji I used. Wait....I do remember. Was it was "I'm wacko" one :omg: ...I think so. That emoji makes me think of someone being crazy and silly with their post/vote. I actually didn't even look to see he ACTUALLY voted for me. I thought he was kidding at the time. Maybe I ought to vote him back :p But probably not as I might be voting to save myself with it being so close and all.

I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

I'll hold off on voting for now.
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

The "trying too hard" argument bothers me, but I'm not sure I find you suspicious for it. I just don't agree. Also, Neil Hartley has nothing to do with Mad Max.
Then I'm even more confused. Posting on my phone and have no clue how to so multiple quotes
..so posting this now and will most likely post again.
I'll tack these two Day 1 posts together, because they're the only times Elohcin acknowledged MP's existence in this whole game (MP has nearly 300 posts). That alone might be some cause for concern. In the first post she is talking to me more than MP. In the second, she is responding to the revelation that Neil Hartley is not a character in Mad Max. XD

~~~

MovingPictures07:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

The "trying too hard" argument bothers me, but I'm not sure I find you suspicious for it. I just don't agree. Also, Neil Hartley has nothing to do with Mad Max.
This post came up above, but I focused on Eloh's response. Now I'll focus on MP. I don't care for this post at face value. That he was willing to state a suspicion and specifically tack on the comforting "but I'm not sure I find you suspicious for it" bit is problematic. I don't know what that phrase adds to this post, it seems a pointless caveat. If that's how he feels, why is the point being made?
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know?
What a wild post, madame! How would you feel if Neil Hartley told you that you "tried too hard" to find something negative to say about his roleplay! I think you might be bad news, and I'm gonna inform security to keep an eye on your table.

Elohcin
How much of this serious?
Eh. :ponder:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:going for self preservation here...
We have 24 hours (or had as of the time of your post) in this game. Why self-preservation so early?
It's a question. It's an obvious one to ask. I award no points and I retract no points.

Orange pile in MP's first rainbow
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
I seriously thought his actions were a joke or trying to get a rise out of me or something. I think my reaction was what would determine his thoughts of me. Too bad I had to react after midnight after several drinks (when I don't drink often at all). It probably is what started me off on the wrong track for this game.

Now, as for my vote today (Day 1 :ike: ) I can see where scotty can be bad. I am moving my vote there. I don't want to vote BWT if I don't have to. Hate to lose a possible civ position even if it's a quiet one.
You can see it? What about the Scotty case is convincing to you?
Good, pointed question. I had the same question.

Still the orange pile in MP's second rainbow -- One thing I'll say is that MP seemed unusually hesitant to color anyone red. I know it was early in the game, but that hasn't stopped him before.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Moving my vote to Elohcin.
Day 1 vote for Elohcin. It stayed there. It was also the last second-last final vote of the phase though, and it left Elohcin two votes behind the eventually lynched Scotty. There were about 24 minutes left in the day at this point. An Elohcin lynch was probably unlikely.

There's some potential this was a credit-grab vote. It is somewhat close in character to what MP and I did cooperatively as baddies in Transistor -- push our team mate into a near-lynch scenario at the end of Day 1 just for credit, because we knew she wouldn't actually get lynched due to lack of votes available (ironically our team mate was Elohcin then).

I grant this is a highly speculative notion.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Epi, please elaborate your feelings regarding Elo if you don't mind.
Very late Day 1 prompt of Epignosis to talk about Eloh.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei, mind telling me the exchange that interested you most?
Elohcin's response to Neil Hartley early in the game is something I've been getting hung up on. Something about it strikes me as a feigned effort to appear confused for the sake of casting speculation. I am wary of people who latch onto roleplay as a basis for suspicion early on. LoRab did the same thing, if I remember correctly. I suppose those are the two that I'm thinking about most at the moment, but it's been a slow start for me and I'm still not out of the preliminary reads stage of the process.
Funny thing is...I'm still confused by the whole Neil Hartley thing.

@ Zebra - No offense taken. I was confused. Someone mentioned he was roleplaying. So I said I knew nothing of MadMax and then someone else said it had nothing to do with MadMax. THAT is confusing to me.

This is as far as I am getting at the moment. I still have almost two pages to read. I'll be back in a while.
I'm finding Elo incredibly uninterested in this game, and despite that being potentially due to trying to catch up in a thread when you're behind in posts, that still is perplexing to me -- especially since she has been consistently uninterested for the entire game.

Elo is the player right now for which I see the smallest semblance of townie spark, which is nothing. sprityo is a close second place. birdwithteeth and sanmateo notwithstanding, of course.[/quote]
Ramps up the suspicion a bit on Day 2.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:However, I don't agree with JJJ and his vote for me. Epi said it himself that he had no reason for voting/suspecting me.
One of the reasons you've gotten the attention of Neil Hartley for the wrong reasons is that you keep attributing my suspicion of you to Epignosis. Don't get me wrong, Epi is a top gentleman. He knows his stuff. You're talking to Neil though. You know, the main event? The man under the spotlight with the microphone who's been crooning the evening away so divinely? You're talking to me, not Epignosis.
It's weird. I don't know what it is. But your role-playing makes me cringe. (I'm not trying to be mean, just honest.) I think there are multiple reasons for this. First, you have always been such a logical, reasonable player. And this act seems to be the opposite to that. The second reason is difficult for me to explain. I am a very matter-of-fact person. Black and white. The role playing unnerves me for some reason and I think its b/c it seems like you are hiding behind it. Like you don;t have to be real or talk about real issues of the game b/c you are roleplaying. Maybe I am the one being weird, or who IS weird. Maybe I am bringing my own personality issues into this and shouldn't be. FWIW, I think you are civ.
Irony much?

This is the same kind of shit people gave Dom for in roleplaying his Donald Trump impression in a recent game. He contributed more original content while roleplaying than nearly everyone else playing that game. I believe JJJ is doing the same here.

You say you find him civilian now, but JJJ has been providing content even while roleplaying since the start of the game. What has changed? How did you come to a different conclusion?
Directly accusatory and in Elohcin's face. I like this one.

Elohcin becomes MP's first red on a rainbow list -- Day 2 and still just one red, so that's a thing MP should talk about.

He expanded on his Elohcin read at the end of the same post. His language is strongly negative -- stronger than my own language was about Elohcin. It might be a bit hyperbolic, which wouldn't be ideal.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:So it is Thursday. AND added to my already busy Thursday (homeschool group day), we had band practice tonight instead of last night. So, I haven't been on here all day. I just got home and have no time to catch up. I will vote Rico. I don't know if he is bad or not. But I know I am not. And well....better save a civ over someone you aren't 100% sure is a civ.
When you get the chance (I know you're busy and this is a big thread, so I understand your position), it'd be nice if you could provide some detailed responses to myself and others, as well as opinions of folks.
Cooler language and further prompting.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I feel like Elohcin's limited hunting efforts have looked fake. That's the best summarized version of the case I can give.
This.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:So it is Thursday. AND added to my already busy Thursday (homeschool group day), we had band practice tonight instead of last night. So, I haven't been on here all day. I just got home and have no time to catch up. I will vote Rico. I don't know if he is bad or not. But I know I am not. And well....better save a civ over someone you aren't 100% sure is a civ.
I might be in a tunnel at this point, but this is a laborious way to say "I'm voting for self-preservation".
Pretty much, yeah. Null at face value, but increasingly suspicious in that Elo continues to not express any desire or care in hunting for baddies.
MP was consistently and clearly supportive of my motions against Elohcin.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I initially accused JJJ of seeming like he was trying too hard with his roleplaying. But that was to see his reaction. I was trying to feel him out as I was not sure about him. But...I later said that even though his role playing confuses me and that I don't like it, I still think he is civ. So...not sure what you are talking about when you bring up the word suspicion.
I don't buy this. You seemed plenty sincere in your accusation.
I had the same perspective.

A breakdown of Elohcin's treatment of Neil Hartley -- I like this effort. MP wasn't just saying things, he was hammering them home and providing the content that led him there. Nice look.
MovingPictures07 wrote:What I see as most possible of LoRab's behavior is that she could be Elo's teammate, if Elo comes back bad, and wanted to try to get ahead of the suspicion for civilian credit. I don't want to get too ahead of the game though, and my perspective is inevitably influenced by my strong mafia read of Elo, but that's my take on it.
It's never my favorite thing when a bussing accusation precedes the scum flip that makes it possible.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:What I'd most like to see from you at this point, Elohcin, is reads. Hopefully you can catch up soon.
I am just now sitting down after church/grocery shopping/lunch. So, I am not caught up....just have a few pages. But...honestly, I hate giving reads. I don't like to make suspicions. ...because no matter how genuine a suspicion may be, I always get crap from the thread that I am just making it up and that I am bad. So....until day 4-5 (assuming I make it that far), I usually keep semi-quiet on how I feel about players. And....that is how I will play this game as well. I can be an asset to the civs if I make it far enough into the game, I promise. But right now...I choose to keep my reads to myself unless something REALLY crazy pops out to me. But even when I think something crazy pops out to me and I mention it, I can feel the eyes in the room rolling.

now to go read the thread...
So you're prioritizing your survival in a game towards helping to solve the game, if you are town.

I think some of this is potentially honest regardless of your alignment -- you hate giving reads, etc. I can believe that. So there's that.

What does everyone else think of this post?
Doesn't give Eloh a break for her disdain for giving reads.

Another rainbow, Elohcin still the only red.

MP's Day 3 Elohcin vote immediately preceded this.

~~~

This follows the same frustrating trend I've experienced all game so far with MP -- a bunch of little pings, but nothing conclusively informative. There are lot of judgment calls that need to be made with this interaction.

Does one simply add up all the small pings? Is that the same thing as a big ping? I don't really think so. I think one has to decide which pings and which positives are the most moving, and then go that way. With a gun to my head I call MP town. I acknowledge though that he is known for his propensity for bussing, and I don't think this is content is outside his baddie arsenal.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I like how I literally treat Mafia games like homework. Gotta finish my interaction reads soon, they're due this evening!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Generic JJJ post about baddie interactions -- Elohcin and Quin / sanmateo

Elohcin:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Epi, please elaborate your feelings regarding Elo if you don't mind.
Nice gal. I like her a lot.

Do you honestly think I'd have anything concrete to say about her based on the few posts she has, several of which were about thinking the Day ended after 24 hours?
I knew you had nothing on me. Now I am a top suspect b/c you decided to be silly and call out my name. Thanks a lot, bub.

And, why did you change to sanmateo or whatever. Has he/she even posted yet?
Prompts Epignosis to explain his late Day 1 vote switch to sanmateo.
Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:birdwithteeth has not posted in this game yet. That is the entirety of the case against him. Scotty always votes a no-show or low poster on Day 1. Elohcin voted purely out of self-preservation.
But MacDougall had more votes than BWT when Eloh voted, yes?

I only skimmed this AM, I will read back to when I told Rico I was going to step back when I get home in about 1.5 hours.
If this is true then this looks bad for Eloh. A BWT wagon would be a lot less likely to take off than a Mac wagon since only one of them was actually around. It doesn't make sense for a self-preservation vote.
And as it's been pointed out, no...Mac and BWT both had 2 votes when I voted. But at the time I thought it was time for me to make a self preservation vote. I think we ought to get past this. Why is it you think I am so bad? Does your opinion stem from what others have said or is this all your own thoughts as you have caught yourself up after replacing in?
Quin went after Elohcin pretty quickly after hopping aboard, and Elohcin didn't seem amused. The highlighted bit (precursor to hit new band The Highlighted Portion) is telling to me because she seemed to think he was deriving his opinion from others instead of generating it himself -- something she'd be able to criticize him for. Good look.
Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sloonei wrote:birdwithteeth has not posted in this game yet. That is the entirety of the case against him. Scotty always votes a no-show or low poster on Day 1. Elohcin voted purely out of self-preservation.
But MacDougall had more votes than BWT when Eloh voted, yes?

I only skimmed this AM, I will read back to when I told Rico I was going to step back when I get home in about 1.5 hours.
If this is true then this looks bad for Eloh. A BWT wagon would be a lot less likely to take off than a Mac wagon since only one of them was actually around. It doesn't make sense for a self-preservation vote.
And as it's been pointed out, no...Mac and BWT both had 2 votes when I voted. But at the time I thought it was time for me to make a self preservation vote. I think we ought to get past this. Why is it you think I am so bad? Does your opinion stem from what others have said or is this all your own thoughts as you have caught yourself up after replacing in?
Your vote isn't so suspicious to me anymore now that I know the full context, but I'm still iffy about the way you went around developing your suspicion of 3J. Are you still suspicious of him? Why/why not?

I'm continuing my catchup. I don't know how you guys do this all the time :disappoint:
I initially accused JJJ of seeming like he was trying too hard with his roleplaying. But that was to see his reaction. I was trying to feel him out as I was not sure about him. But...I later said that even though his role playing confuses me and that I don't like it, I still think he is civ. So...not sure what you are talking about when you bring up the word suspicion.
Quin's interrogation of Elohcin is what produced her claim that she was reaction baiting me on Day 1. I think this post played a big role in her eventually getting lynched, so Quin deserves credit for making it happen.
Elohcin wrote:@ Quin - Yes, you found the post I was referring to.

@ Sloonei - If you are trying to read more on a person that you could be troubled about, you don't make it obvious. Duh!

The players I will be looking at today are:
Mac - simply b/c other players are finding him suspicious and I seem to be missing the hype. I need to reread him.
Lorab - b/c (no offence) I always see her playstyle as sneaky and bad and I need to decide if it's real or just my predisposition.
Quin - b/c he replaced a non-participant before replacing Glor who also said he cannot participate. I imagine a baddie would be replaced before a civ.
and

....not sure who else atm.
I think she spewed both Quin and Glorfindel town here and may or may not have exposed indiglo.

~~~

Quin:
Quin wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It pains me to disparage a lady, but I do believe Elohcin's response to that random vote from her husband was a bit lifeless. Considering she is here to see Neil Hartley live and in the flesh, I know she isn't that bored. The look on her face, it's giving Neil the wrong impression.
So yeah, it was like after midnight when I posted that response to Epi. Maybe that's why it seems lifeless. Last night was my monthly ladies night out and I didn't come home until I had my fill of caramel apple sangria.

I cannot even remember what emoji I used. Wait....I do remember. Was it was "I'm wacko" one :omg: ...I think so. That emoji makes me think of someone being crazy and silly with their post/vote. I actually didn't even look to see he ACTUALLY voted for me. I thought he was kidding at the time. Maybe I ought to vote him back :p But probably not as I might be voting to save myself with it being so close and all.

I know nothing of this show, so JJJ is confusing me a bit. I may vote him. It seems a little 'trying too hard' to come in here role play like that right off the bat. Like he is trying to win us over. What do y'all think? And this is not WIFOM talking...whatever that is. I never understood that term completely. but you all seem to use it for when you go after someone who has gone after you? I don't know.

I think this post was looked into already, but I'm gonna jump on and say I don't like this. It's wordy and more-so centered around being confused by the act than it is being suspicious of it.
In Quin's catching up, he took issue with Elohcin's handing of Neil Hartley.
Quin wrote:I'm at page 15 in my catchup, but I've still got some work to do tonight so I'll come back to it probably tomorrow morning. I'll definitely regret that decision. :haha:

My main train of thought right now is that Eloh looks bad. I'll give her a proper ISO at some point.
Quin went right after Eloh and didn't quit.
Quin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Quin wrote:What do you think about the case I made for motel room?
I'm actually doing a quick ISO on him right now. I'll finish before I take a look to prevent bias, and then I'll let you know what I think.
Quin wrote:linki: Talk to me about things, 3J. I'm running on empty already :disappoint:
Of the people who have contributed the most in the thread, who do you think is most likely to be a bad guy?
If by 'most' you mean out of the five you separated in your own analysis, Sloonei and Mac are the only people who I've yet to find a reason to civ read yet. But I think that's for lack of effort to fully read their posts. I'd rather spend some time on that before I give you a name.

If I totally ignore your question and give you a name in the middle, Eloh is my biggest scum-read. I think her decision to cast suspicion on you for your roleplay was convenient, and I think she was backpedaling when she claimed it was just to get a reaction from you, because I don't see the train of thought or interactions in her posts that suggest that. Rather, I see her defending herself against you.
Biggest scum read on Day 3.

~~~

I think Quin looks good. I have my doubts that when he joined this game late, his first instinct was to go ham against his team mate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I like how I literally treat Mafia games like homework. Gotta finish my interaction reads soon, they're due this evening!
You'll be getting to mine just as I'm leaving for work. That's half a letter grade right there.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I like how I literally treat Mafia games like homework. Gotta finish my interaction reads soon, they're due this evening!
You'll be getting to mine just as I'm leaving for work. That's half a letter grade right there.
Doing it now. Cliffs: you're so bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 247

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Does one simply add up all the small pings?
Yes.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Is that the same thing as a big ping?
Yes.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't really think so.
Annnnd this is why MP is such a good baddie. Too many of us let him get away with shit, waiting for him to slip up majorly and he never does.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:indiglo has always been one of the most reasonable townies to communicate with. She and I have made a great team more than once. I'm surprised to be met with this kind of commentary -- that there is no alternative to my content between "foolish waste of time" and "bad".
I agree somewhat with this and I think you've made some reasonable points against her/her spot in the game, but I can also sympathize with her here because there is no suspicion being drawn from her as an individual. She is not suspicous herself, but her roster spot is. It's a very difficult position to be in when you're tasked with defending yourself. I do not agree with her assessment of the case as "nonsense" or "foolish" though.
What do you think of that moment from Elohcin I talked about at the start of my Glorfindel check related to indiglo? How about as it pertains to Glorfindel?
I definitely agree that it makes Glorfindel look a bit better. It is difficult (but not impossible) to imagine a scenario where a scum player falsely believes one of their teammates to have been replaced. I'm not sure I see a clear line to indiglo/bwt in this speculation though. Is the theory just that, because Eloh was implicating Quin/sanmateo, she is therefore protecting indi/bwt?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Doing it now. Cliffs: you're so bad.
Well played then, I surrender.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

For a while I thought Dom was being narrow and stubborn in this game but he's actually one of the few with his priorities straight.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:indiglo has always been one of the most reasonable townies to communicate with. She and I have made a great team more than once. I'm surprised to be met with this kind of commentary -- that there is no alternative to my content between "foolish waste of time" and "bad".
I agree somewhat with this and I think you've made some reasonable points against her/her spot in the game, but I can also sympathize with her here because there is no suspicion being drawn from her as an individual. She is not suspicous herself, but her roster spot is. It's a very difficult position to be in when you're tasked with defending yourself. I do not agree with her assessment of the case as "nonsense" or "foolish" though.
What do you think of that moment from Elohcin I talked about at the start of my Glorfindel check related to indiglo? How about as it pertains to Glorfindel?
I definitely agree that it makes Glorfindel look a bit better. It is difficult (but not impossible) to imagine a scenario where a scum player falsely believes one of their teammates to have been replaced. I'm not sure I see a clear line to indiglo/bwt in this speculation though. Is the theory just that, because Eloh was implicating Quin/sanmateo, she is therefore protecting indi/bwt?
Sort of. She said she thought the baddie would be replaced first (out of perceived necessity by the host). Quin replaced in before indiglo.

I'm wondering if she got it backwards on purpose.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:For a while I thought Dom was being narrow and stubborn in this game but he's actually one of the few with his priorities straight.
Make a case.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:
Yes.
Yes.
Annnnd this is why MP is such a good baddie. Too many of us let him get away with shit, waiting for him to slip up majorly and he never does.
Problem is, if this logic held -- I'd get lynched in every game I play. Certain playstyles lead to pings naturally.

I'm not vehemently opposed to an MP lynch. I don't think it's a clear read either way.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:For a while I thought Dom was being narrow and stubborn in this game but he's actually one of the few with his priorities straight.
Make a case.
He knows who he finds suspicious and he's focusing on them, accusations of tunneling be damned.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Yes.
Yes.
Problem is, if this logic held -- I'd get lynched in every game I play. Certain playstyles lead to pings naturally.

I'm not vehemently opposed to an MP lynch. I don't think it's a clear read either way.
I'm not talking about playstyle-based pings though, I'm talking about legitimate pings. Objective pings if you will.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Generic JJJ post about baddie interactions -- Elohcin and Sloonei

Elohcin:
Elohcin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:going for self preservation here...
What's ya beef with the bird with teeth?
Nome...it was one of two
..him or Mac. No need.
Votes are changeable and the day is barely half over. This is not the time to be casting preservation votes. Vote wherever your suspicions are!
Oh my goodness! I was thinking days were 24 hours for some reason! I thought I got my vote in like 3 minutes before the bell!!! I wake up this morning looking hard for a host post and everything. GAH! I'm gettin' OLD. Someone save me!!

Okay, I have like 2 pages to catch up on. I am busy today, but I will get there eventually.
She realized her mistake about the deadline in response to a Sloonei prod. Doesn't tell me much.
Elohcin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Having said that, I'm moving my vote back to Elohcin for the reasons I mentioned earlier. I'm off to work now, so I won't be posting much at all, but i'll try to glance at my phone when I can to stay loosely caught up. Don't be surprised if I cast a sudden and silent vote near the end of the day. I do that sometimes at work and people always freak out about it.
You said if it was true that I thought it was a 24 hour Day 1 that you wouldn't look at me as bad. Then you say you're moving your vote back to me. What gives?
Elohcin seemed to expect Sloonei to get off her case, and when he didn't that bugged her. If this is a team mate problem, they can hash it out in BTSC. I like this for Sloonei.

@ Sloonei - If you are trying to read more on a person that you could be troubled about, you don't make it obvious. Duh!

Mac - simply b/c other players are finding him suspicious and I seem to be missing the hype. I need to reread him.
Lorab - b/c (no offence) I always see her playstyle as sneaky and bad and I need to decide if it's real or just my predisposition.
Quin - b/c he replaced a non-participant before replacing Glor who also said he cannot participate. I imagine a baddie would be replaced before a civ.
and

I agree with Lorab and Sloon about Glor. I think we ought to see more of him before we decide to boot him out with allthe RL stuff going on there.
Sloonei wrote:But lots of people have named Elohcin as a suspect. SVS was far from the most prominent. I feel like tracing this death back to Eloh involves lots of twisting of things. Sure, there's a connection, but I wouldn't call it a big or obvious one that would warrant that sort of motive.
LoRab wrote:
Sorry for not being clear, although not actually sure where the confusion is. If a player names someone else, and that someone else is mafia, then the mafia as a team might kill them to get rid of that suspicion. That's all I meant. I think that kill philosophy is more likely in a speed game. Basically, SVS named Elo as suspect. If Elo were mafia, then Elo's team might kill SVS as a result of SVS suspecting mafia. Also, mafia could kill SVS to frame Elo, if Elo were not on the team. Trying to decide which is more likely.
I think these two posts deserve a repeat. Also in reaction to what JJJ said on the subject. He's right. If I were bad, I would have killed him :p Sorry JJJ. But if I were bad this game....I would see you as a risk b/c you seem less stable this game. Usually when I am bad and you are good, you are helpful to keep around for a while. You run the thread and it usually works in favor of the baddies b/c by mere chance, it's more likely for the thread to be wrong about who they think is bad in the beginning of the game. I'm not saying you are an unhelpful civ, by no means. You are very helpful. I am not sure I am explaining myself very well.

I'd love to stick around and read the last page I need to catch up but I get to go sit at a ball field all day while my daughter gets team pictures and then has a game. And then there will be down time in between. I still have to workout and make our lunches before I go and I am cutting it close on time. I hope y'all enjoy your day and I will be back this evening/late afternoon. Perhaps I can catch up on my phone...maybe.
Same deal as with LoRab. Sloonei is mentioned/quoted a couple times in this post, but I can't really tell why.
Elohcin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I am interested to see what Elo has to say.

I am placing a vote for spirityo.
Why are you placing a vote for Sprit? Just curious.

Also, in my defense, why would I kill Epi Night 1. Sure, this is a game and I keep my RL separate for purposes of the game. I am not going to stand by my love through thick and thin, Day and Night, teammates or not. I am not nuts. I can keep the game separate from my undying love for him in RL :D. But within my memory of games (which I admit isn't awesome) I've maybe killed Epi once, and I think it was late in the game when we were about to win. I think I have tried getting him lynched maybe once when I really thought he was bad, even though he wasn't. If there are other options available, I tend to try and let Epi live. Unless he is a real threat, I am not going to kill him. And in this game, he admitted that he had nothing on me. I wasn't worried about him. But...I guess I should have been. B/c apparently him voting for me made everyone squeemish. "Oh wow, Epi always reads Elo so well. He must know she is bad." yada yada yada. Makes me wonder if he had never voted me if anyone would be looking my way.

I like Sloonei's new take on the whole matter. Not only b/c it is better for me personally, but because it make sense. And I do think Lorab has been a sneaky sneak this game. I said as much yesterday or sometime.

I am not sure who I will vote yet. But I have to get my head out of mafia for a few hours.
I said I liked this for LoRab earlier and I think I like for Sloonei too for the same reason. She was giving him the specific support she needed to give to justify her eventual self-preservation LoRab vote. This looks to me like taking advantage of a wrong townie more than accepting the public aid of a team mate. I grant though that this means I'm reading two people at once for one moment, which is a little more difficult to do.

~~~

Sloonei:
Sloonei wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Neil Hartley's presence in this game is not indicative of any alignment on his part.
When Elohcin tried to capitalize on my roleplay, Sloonei stepped on her toes. Granted I'd have been extremely suspicious if he did anything else.
Sloonei wrote:I see Rico's supposed reason for voting Mac. I don't like it. Rico, talk about something else please. What do you think of Elohcin or MP?
Early prompt for Eloh discussion.
Sloonei wrote:I did not read much into her response to Epi's vote, but this post is a bit meatier:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Eloh has always been a difficult player for me to read, but I got a slight town vibe from this. I don't find it out of the realm of possibility for her to be suspicious of a player for roleplaying, hypothetically speaking. But it is also an easy thing for her to notice and latch onto if she is a baddie trying to get involved on Day 1. Not a strong read either way at this point, but I see where the beef is.
Waffling a bit on Elohcin here. I don't think it looks inauthentic though.
Sloonei wrote:I suddenly do not like Elohcin's birdwithteeth vote and could see myself voting for her because of it. I commented on it earlier and what I said still stands: she cast a vote out of self-preservation against a player that nobody has any substantial reason to vote, with ~24 hours to go in tye phase and changeable votes, and she has parked it right there ever since. It looks like a lazy justification to a throwaway vote early on Day 1. Considering she had previously made remarks about "not voting yet" or something along those lines, I would assume she was putting thought into where her vote goes. But then she just dumped it on the first bandwagon she could find when she caught a faint whiff of danger.

Writing these words convinced me. Voting Elohcin.
Still open to other things while I'm here for 3 more hours.
Displeased with her Day 1 self-preservation vote.
Sloonei wrote:Having said that, I'm moving my vote back to Elohcin for the reasons I mentioned earlier. I'm off to work now, so I won't be posting much at all, but i'll try to glance at my phone when I can to stay loosely caught up. Don't be surprised if I cast a sudden and silent vote near the end of the day. I do that sometimes at work and people always freak out about it.
Day 1 Elohcin vote. That's where he left it. He had to vote relatively early because of work.
Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:DrWilgy, do you have any other gut and/or vibe-based reads you would like to share?
The only other player that I have thought about is Sprityo, whom I gut read as bad.

I like your analysis of Rico. I'd like an answer from Rico as to why he thought to interject here. Not sure if this has been explained yet or not, but I'm not willing to go back and check.

Zebra, how would you respond to me voting Rico right now?

Sloonei, mind telling me the exchange that interested you most?
Elohcin's response to Neil Hartley early in the game is something I've been getting hung up on. Something about it strikes me as a feigned effort to appear confused for the sake of casting speculation. I am wary of people who latch onto roleplay as a basis for suspicion early on. LoRab did the same thing, if I remember correctly. I suppose those are the two that I'm thinking about most at the moment, but it's been a slow start for me and I'm still not out of the preliminary reads stage of the process.
Still bugged by Eloh's treatment of Neil Hartley.

One of three reds in a Day 2 rainbow list
Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm finding Elo incredibly uninterested in this game, and despite that being potentially due to trying to catch up in a thread when you're behind in posts, that still is perplexing to me -- especially since she has been consistently uninterested for the entire game.

Elo is the player right now for which I see the smallest semblance of townie spark, which is nothing. sprityo is a close second place. birdwithteeth and sanmateo notwithstanding, of course.
Eloh as scum does have the most obvious motive to kill Epi Night 1.
Suggests Eloh can be linked to the Epi kill. I agreed.
Sloonei wrote:I think Elohcin is a worthy suspect. I would not put it past her to knock Epi off on Night 1 just to protect her own skin. You can make the argument that Epi was killed to frame her, but either way we're just staring at a pure case of WIFOM. I am saying that I can easily imagine a scenario where she does that. I find her content more suspicious at face value than the other people who've suggested the theory.
Again.

One interesting thing here is that Sloonei didn't seem to object to the notion that Elohcin could be associated with the Epignosis kill, but he was not pleased when LoRab connected her with the S~V~S kill. I don't quite understand that difference, because S~V~S was more pointed in her suspicion of Elohcin than Epi was. That's something to talk about Sloonei.

Sloonei explored Elohcin's claim that her opposition to Neil Hartley was about getting a reaction. I appreciate effort here. I think I'd be more thrilled if he'd come to a conclusive stance.
Sloonei wrote:I'm still most confident about Elohcin, but I also do not like the way LoRab immediately tried to spin SVS's death into something involving Eloh. It seemed like an unnatural response to me. I'd probably put her back near the top of my suspects list again.
Sloonei seemed to suspect both Elohcin and LoRab. The eventual tally ought to have left him relatively comfortable. I'll see if I can discern whether he was.

Expands a lot on his preference for a LoRab lynch
Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Sloonei, are you in the midst of catching up as well?
I was. I just finished.

My vote is almost definitely staying on LoRab barring some crazy EoD shenanigans. I am not feeling as bad about Elohcin as I was previously, and my tunnel vision is focusing more and more on LoRab as the minutes go by. They are the only two I've committed enough time and energy on to comfortably offer a vote right now.
They're the only two votes he felt like he could justify, though his suspicion of Elohcin was waning.
Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Pending Elo's mafia flip, I'd say GTH I see the most likely teammate bus votes for her being from LoRab and (believe it or not) JJJ. Discuss.
100% agreement
Least favorite Sloonei post. Pre-emptively dumping his top suspect in the bus pile in the event of an Elohcin mafia flip. Sloonei is more assertive than he used to be, but he still doesn't tunnel quite this badly.

~~~

I think Sloonei started strongly and finished weakly when it comes to Elohcin. One has to decide whether he became so enamored by his suspicion of LoRab (which was largely based on her treatment of Elohcin) that he lost his stomach for his prior Elohcin suspicion by default. I think that's reasonably plausible. I think he looks more town than not, but it isn't a blinding brilliant town light like I'd have liked.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:I'm not talking about playstyle-based pings though, I'm talking about legitimate pings. Objective pings if you will.
Were there any particular moments in my MP analysis, or in MP's posts otherwise, that made you feel like it was an increasingly damning case against him? Which of the little pings do you find the most important?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I'm not talking about playstyle-based pings though, I'm talking about legitimate pings. Objective pings if you will.
Were there any particular moments in my MP analysis, or in MP's posts otherwise, that made you feel like it was an increasingly damning case against him? Which of the little pings do you find the most important?
You're asking me to give you square circles. My concern of MP is that his read of Elohcin appears fabricated given her flip, from his first post about her to the last. No, there's not one post or moment that stands out as damning, but his first three posts that address her are the staple standard of "I'll just go wherever town goes with this" if you really look at them.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Generic JJJ post about baddie interactions -- Elohcin and sprityo

Elohcin:
Elohcin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I am interested to see what Elo has to say.

I am placing a vote for spirityo.
Why are you placing a vote for Sprit? Just curious.
That's it.

~~~

sprityo:
sprityo wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:Now, as for my vote today (Day 1 :ike: ) I can see where scotty can be bad. I am moving my vote there. I don't want to vote BWT if I don't have to. Hate to lose a possible civ position even if it's a quiet one.
Elohcin's vote was also vaguely explained, and tacked onto an awkward backtrack defense of BWT (her previous vote).
im not sure about anyone else, but the yellow part alone looks.... not the best? i mean, at least personally, i wouldve rather had scotty and his lurker suspicion over someone who i cant talk to or get information from. at least at the current point in time
Give him credit for landing on the right side of the debate. I am a little bugged though. It might be my phobia of ellipses, but this kind of looks inauthentic to me. It did at the time too even when I was pursuing an Elohcin lynch. That might still be a problem even with her mafia flip.

~~~

There's not much to talk about. With sprityo I think the most important task we face is trying to discern between Legitimately Suspicious Low Content Player from Classic Low-Hanging Fruit.

I continue to lean toward the former.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
You're asking me to give you square circles. My concern of MP is that his read of Elohcin appears fabricated given her flip, from his first post about her to the last. No, there's not one post or moment that stands out as damning, but his first three posts that address her are the staple standard of "I'll just go wherever town goes with this" if you really look at them.
Okay. I think MP is the toughest read in the game right now, so I'm just looking for whatever input I can get from everyone else to get to a clearer conclusion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Generic JJJ post about baddie interactions -- Elohcin and indiglo / birdwithteeth11

Elohcin:
Elohcin wrote:Now, as for my vote today (Day 1 :ike: ) I can see where scotty can be bad. I am moving my vote there. I don't want to vote BWT if I don't have to. Hate to lose a possible civ position even if it's a quiet one.
I thought everything about this was suspicious the time. The part about BWT may actually be good for indiglo -- it looks mildly spewy.

and
I've already talked about this some. Quin replaced in before indiglo, meaning Elohcin was casting suspicion on him here and not on indiglo. I find myself wondering if she had this in mind specifically because G-Man's replacements went in the opposite order. I'm not sure though.

~~~

indiglo:
indiglo wrote:Well I was trying to read the pages since I last checked in, then looked at the clock and realized I had 5 minutes until poll closing. So for now, as much as I hate to, I self-voted. I don't feel informed enough to jump on either of the current leading wagons.

I did see my name mentioned more than once, which I must say, I find very flattering. Image Sadly, however, it's also very wrong, which is embarrassing for the mentioners. Image And can't be based on anything since there's no content, which I find amusing for a variety of reasons. Image
Just prior to the eventual lynch, indiglo elected to avoid participating in either of the major wagons. This bugs me a little bit just because I once had a baddie team mate (Ratchet in the champs finale) do this exact same thing after replacing in. I don't know that it means it has to be alignment indicative, but that experience is influencing me some.

~~~

The first point I made is a nice look for Elohcin. The middle one is speculative, so I don't know. The last one makes me uneasy. I'd call her a valid suspect.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin
LoRab

Sloonei
Dom
Glorfindel
a2thezebra
DrWilgy
insertnamhere

indiglo
MacDougall
motel room
MovingPictures07

sprityo

I changed my GTH read on MP just in the act of making this rainbow. There are too many people with better town cases than him for him to be green.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I actually had Wilgy and INH as yellow, and then I forced myself to pick a side because eff yellow.

But now I kind want to make them orange.

Indecision.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 148

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The first point I made is a nice look for Elohcin. The middle one is speculative, so I don't know. The last one makes me uneasy. I'd call her a valid suspect.
I think you might be right..

Sass. Isn't it still night? I got a ton of catching up to do.
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The first point I made is a nice look for Elohcin. The middle one is speculative, so I don't know. The last one makes me uneasy. I'd call her a valid suspect.
I think you might be right..
:goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Re: MAD MAX: Day 3

Post by motel room »

Dom wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Motel Room is most certainly not Mafia. I doubt MP busses Elo at that key moment. I'm not bad. Jimmy would have to have driven that bus all the way from the centre of the Earth so I doubt he is bad. I expect a couple of the late Lorab voters were really trying to save her without making it look obvious. I think we'll ride that lynch all the way to valhalla.
motel room is one of the players whose most up in the air for me with regards to LoRab's alignment. If she's bad too, his only options at the end of the day were scum/scum. If he's also scum, that's bus/bus and his vote is pretty much null.
I agree with Sloonei's analysis here.
My vote was a cool stab in the dark I'm happy with how it turned out. Has LoRab commented on this line of thinking yet (I'm skimming catch up atm)? Cos I have more to say maybe in the day time if we can get her piece of this puzzle in the thread.
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I did it. I changed my rainbow.

Quin
LoRab

Sloonei
Dom
Glorfindel
a2thezebra

DrWilgy
insertnamhere
indiglo
MacDougall
motel room
MovingPictures07

sprityo

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Generic JJJ post about baddie interactions -- motel room

Elohcin:

Nothing

~~~

motel room:
motel room wrote:Ok some stuff.

I don't understand Rico's motivation, why he's so invested anti-mac. I don't get why he would do his Day 1 as scum, but I don't get why he would continue it Day 2 as town.

I like sloonei, jjj, dom. I think I like zebra and mac. I'm cool to vote instername, movingpictures, or lorab. I don't know enough about Elo or how she plays but I see she's jjj's main target atm and need to get a stance going. I also see Glorfindel is a person on the tally. And SVS.

I need to do work shit now. Like an idiot.
He sort of prompted himself to get busy on taking a stance on Elohcin on Day 2. We'll see how that developed.
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Any thoughts on Elohcin? Bueller?
Where would you put your vote if not her?
He answers my request for thoughts on Elohcin by asking me about non-Elohcin.
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It doesn't really matter. He's probably getting lynched. I'm not going to vote INH to save him. They're both town reads.
I went Elo for a sec before switching back. That's where my gut is out of these three.
I'm not sure exactly what this meant. Please talk about it motel room.
motel room wrote:Switching to Elo then
Day 3 vote. He never really got to taking a stance on Elohcin and this vote was unexplained.

~~~

Meh. Not much to talk about. I think there's at least some bus potential in his vote.
I couldnt make much for myself out of your case for Elo - no offence, I'm sure you know we have different styles, and your case posts were so, I don't know, smothering. So I never really "got" the Elo case, but felt you were town and had a thread you were pulling on.
It also seemed like the only thing you were crazy about, which is why I asked who else you had in mind.
Back on Day 2 I said I briefly switched my vote to Elo cos I was tempted, but then ultimately went back to INH (who I still feel is dodgy ftr).
Then Day 3 I had, lets say for now a change of heart about LoRab, who I thought was suss before, so when it came down to the wire I felt seeing how your 2 (3?) day pushed case would turn out - it might help figure you out too.
And here we are!
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Post by MacDougall »

Dude. Why would I have voted for Elo when I did if I was her teammate? I put her at 4-4 and was around the whole end of day. If your evidence is no evidence look at the glaringly obvious point in my favour.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Dude. Why would I have voted for Elo when I did if I was her teammate? I put her at 4-4 and was around the whole end of day. If your evidence is no evidence look at the glaringly obvious point in my favour.
I think I am generally less enamored by votes than most players seem to be. It isn't hard to see a scum Mac there. Or a town Mac. I don't know what the highlighted stuff is.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Dude. Why would I have voted for Elo when I did if I was her teammate? I put her at 4-4 and was around the whole end of day. If your evidence is no evidence look at the glaringly obvious point in my favour.
I think I am generally less enamored by votes than most players seem to be. It isn't hard to see a scum Mac there. Or a town Mac. I don't know what the highlighted stuff is.
I had my vote on Spirityo and returned at 3 way tie. Wilgy was in informed ties cause no lynch so he voted for Lorab and put her at 4 to 3 ahead. I gave up on spirityo lynch and chose Elo to tie it up. She ended up lynched and I was around all eod. I second guessed it several times but ultimately left it where I was.

The only sensible excuse for that vote would be if I was bussing her instead of Lorab who were both my teammates. Despite the fact that Lorab was a vote ahead of her when I voted, my vote didn't confirm the lynch and Elo was the boss role. Regardless, why don't you look at the interactions between me and Lorab and see if you can find a connection. If so then wow JJJ you are gonna lynch scum 3 days in a row congrats.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am saying that your read of me being bad is caused by my lack of interactions with Elo. So you have no content. Yet you downplay the most telling interaction of all.

Also tone read my reaction and tell me that's feigned.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I had my vote on Spirityo and returned at 3 way tie. Wilgy was in informed ties cause no lynch so he voted for Lorab and put her at 4 to 3 ahead. I gave up on spirityo lynch and chose Elo to tie it up. She ended up lynched and I was around all eod. I second guessed it several times but ultimately left it where I was.

The only sensible excuse for that vote would be if I was bussing her instead of Lorab who were both my teammates. Despite the fact that Lorab was a vote ahead of her when I voted, my vote didn't confirm the lynch and Elo was the boss role. Regardless, why don't you look at the interactions between me and Lorab and see if you can find a connection. If so then wow JJJ you are gonna lynch scum 3 days in a row congrats.
I don't think you have to be LoRab's team mate. Your vote decision between those two is inherently dictated by your own treatment of them both throughout the game. I'll try to remember to see how you treated each of those two to decide whether this dynamic means anything to me. Baddies vote for their team mates in crucial moments when they don't "seem" to have to do so all the time. Shit, I would do it.

Who are your prime suspects now?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:I am saying that your read of me being bad is caused by my lack of interactions with Elo. So you have no content. Yet you downplay the most telling interaction of all.

Also tone read my reaction and tell me that's feigned.
It's not just the lack of interactions, it's the lack of Elo-relevant content even when you were prodded to provide some.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I tone read your reaction as whatever. It doesn't look inherently honest or inherently feigned.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I also don't care about her being the "boss". If I understand Elohcin's role correctly, it did basically nothing other than dictate who kills who, which is just passed down to the next guy now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Well fuck. I guess I read my role card wrong then.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Well fuck. I guess I read my role card wrong then.
Say what?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Well fuck. I guess I read my role card wrong then.
Say what?
I am joking dingus. You are just tunneling me so much I am left with no defenses to make. If you think my behaviour makes me likely bad then you are wrong. Nothing I can point at will change your mind if my vote and reaction don't. Much like INH I just never got the heart of the Elo case which is why I didn't engage it. I was also dragged into a very disruptive separate engagement.

The fact that she voted for BWT over me is a good look for that slot, but if she was choosing town over town choosing not to vote for me while I am under assault from Rico is an easier justification I think.

I'd rather not produce all my reads right now as I would rather not paint a target on my back.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm tunneling you so much that I've placed zero votes on you and never called for your lynch.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm tunneling you so much that I've placed zero votes on you and never called for your lynch.
You have had a mafia read on me for ages and keep shifting your reason to suit your sudden compulsion.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

I see there is lots here for me to comment on. I'm about to head into a Conference for the next two days so I'll try to get back at lunch or this evening to respond.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 436
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm here, but not for too long. Gonna see if I can at least catch up with n3 stuff.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm tunneling you so much that I've placed zero votes on you and never called for your lynch.
You have had a mafia read on me for ages and keep shifting your reason to suit your sudden compulsion.
Okay. I'll think about it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:MovingPictures
Quin

zebra
Jay
motel room
Mac

DrWilgy
Dom
Insertnamehere
indiglo
Glorfindel

sprityo

LoRab

A lot of this is fuzzy and things are subject to change greatly depending on LoRab's alignment. That's where I want to start tomorrow and we'll see where things go from there.

These rankings are also subject to change whenever. I'm still processing things. I'm gonna step away from the thread for a while in a minute.
High five, town buddy Sloonei! :beer:

Serious question now though: Can you elaborate on your reads of those light green and yellow folks?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Holy giant LoRab post, Batman!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LoRab, I appreciate your response to my prodding of more suspects. It seems we're coming to different conclusions on Sloonei though. When you get a chance would you be able to point me to specific posts of his that are bothering you so we can talk about them?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I will need to mull over these interaction analyses.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Re: MAD MAX: Day 3

Post by motel room »

MacDougall wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Should I switch to Lorab?
yes
:mafia:
hot dog
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TFW you go back to ROT3K to search for "Dom" in your own ISO and you get 287 matches because "dom" is in "Kingdom". Aaaaaaargh.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”