Total votes: 0
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 289

Re: MAD MAX: Day 4

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Who should I vote for?

Dom in answer to your question ... I am not sure what is shocking to you?
Scotty.
But you aren't.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 823
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Scotty.
But you aren't.
Must you follow me everywhere I go?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Who do you want to vote for, mac?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I voted m8
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:I voted m8
Why'd you do that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

While I'm on board with this lynch, I don't want to see votes pile on INH without any discussion. Why are we all voting for him? Who would we vote for if he wasn't there? Who would we not vote for?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote:
Why'd you do that?
I have a scum read of him.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Why'd you do that?
What actions of his gave you this scum read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Why'd you do that?
I already made posts friend.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Why'd you do that?
Where are they? Why did you ask who you should vote for if your mind was already made up?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 148

Post by motel room »

Glorfindel wrote:I have some recollection of someone expressing concern at my vote at the end od Day 3 so I'm happy to address that matter here. By the time I got on here, EoD was imminent and after skimming the recent posts at that time, the leading wagons were Elohcin and LoRab with a minor wagon on Sprityo. I wanted my vote to count for something and felt compelled to make a judgement between Elohcin and LoRab. Whilst the result turned out well for us, I never really could see the validity of the argument against Elohcin (I thought the assertion that she NK'd Epi on the basis of their personal relationship - two mature, intelligent long term members of this site unable to separate their Mafia gaming activities - to be frankly bordering on the absurd) and I was enamoured by Sloonei's case against LoRab and placed my vote accordingly. Without having checked back, I'm certain that I said as much at the time I voted.

Clearly, I was wrong about Elohcin and in retrospect (after reading LoRab's comprehensive defence) am beginning to feel I may have been wrong about her too. I am still however, firmly convinced that Sloonei is Town and that he may have just mistaken on that occasion - it happens to the best of us.

I'm off to dinner, be back shortly.
Do you always talk like this, dragonslayer?
ImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Glorfindel »

motel room wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I have some recollection of someone expressing concern at my vote at the end od Day 3 so I'm happy to address that matter here. By the time I got on here, EoD was imminent and after skimming the recent posts at that time, the leading wagons were Elohcin and LoRab with a minor wagon on Sprityo. I wanted my vote to count for something and felt compelled to make a judgement between Elohcin and LoRab. Whilst the result turned out well for us, I never really could see the validity of the argument against Elohcin (I thought the assertion that she NK'd Epi on the basis of their personal relationship - two mature, intelligent long term members of this site unable to separate their Mafia gaming activities - to be frankly bordering on the absurd) and I was enamoured by Sloonei's case against LoRab and placed my vote accordingly. Without having checked back, I'm certain that I said as much at the time I voted.

Clearly, I was wrong about Elohcin and in retrospect (after reading LoRab's comprehensive defence) am beginning to feel I may have been wrong about her too. I am still however, firmly convinced that Sloonei is Town and that he may have just mistaken on that occasion - it happens to the best of us.

Talk like what, my friend?

OK, I'm out for the day. Will check back when I can...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Why'd you do that?
Where are they? Why did you ask who you should vote for if your mind was already made up?
In the thread.

It wasn't.

I had a horrible day and cbf.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Glorfindel wrote:
motel room wrote:

The five dollar words and extra polite. Dunno, just trying to get a read on you.
ImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sloonei wrote:While I'm on board with this lynch, I don't want to see votes pile on INH without any discussion. Why are we all voting for him? Who would we vote for if he wasn't there? Who would we not vote for?
I've been suspicious of him since Day 2 and that hasn't changed. It has, in fact, gotten to be a stronger feeling.

My next tier of suspicion keeps going back and forth between the names there (see rainbow list).

And assuming INH flips bad, btw, you will much closer to purple on my rainbow.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

Am I the only one who keeps getting 503 errors on the syndicate? If it's a me problem, anyone know how to fix it?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 274

Post by Dom »

....you have yet to name a reason why you think I'm bad. You flipped on me with very little reason. This is why you suspect Zebra. Are you going to tell me why you suspect me or are you going to be obtuse?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Scotty wrote:Just looking at the polls of the past few days, my biggest suspicion lies with Wilgy. I'm glad I didn't replace him, because I think he is bad, whereas The role I was given is not.

Note: I haven't read people's manifestos since day 1 when Scotty 1.0 was lynched, but I will try my best to catch up
Scotty wrote:I'm actually not going to comb through most of Day 2. I wish the poll thread had the order of the votes, but Wilgy's vote parallels with Elo.

Hard to do a voting analysis unless I spend an hour comparing time stamps from 30 pages ago, and my time is limited as a toddler's vocabulary is limited.
Is this just based on the last day's vote? Wilgy's vote on LoRab?

I'm not sure why you've singled out Wilgy. What do you make of the other voters on that wagon?
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 879
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:Do you always talk like this, dragonslayer?
He does.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The most recurring top suspects are the ones who are not making posts.

This makes Neil Hartley angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Re: MAD MAX: Night 3

Post by motel room »

indiglo wrote:So here's the deal - no one thinks I'm suspicious because of any actual content. Yet people still find me suspicious for "reasons". It makes no sense, it's either blatantly pushing an agenda, or just a foolish waste of time. There is absolutely nothing for me to say or defend against here, it's just a whole bunch of nothing.
indiglo wrote:Or #3 (the actual reason). She got tired of trying because 3J didn't listen to anything she said anyway, so decided her valuable time and energy would be better spent elsewhere.

I have other internet games I can play, after all. :beer: :D
So like

I don't remember you ever being a prominent potential for lynch. From memory your old position, birdwithteeth, was closer to being lynched than you have ever been. Yet your posts are full of how overwhelmed you are having to defend yourself.

If you're not on the chopping block, and I don't think you are today, can you tell us some people you think might be bad?

What do you make of the other subs - quin and scotty 2.0?
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 152

Post by insertnamehere »

I'm four or five pages behind, and I already have 5 votes.

This is going to be a fun catch-up, I can tell already.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

LoRab wrote:So, you still suspect me, but you can't go after me why, exactly? I have mixed feelings about you. You run hot and cold for me. You aren't my top suspect right now. :stare: Because it will look bad? See previous answer. Because you don't think you can get a bandwagon going right now? You sure do love making me say things I didn't say, don't you?

Why exactly do you think I am bad?
I don't think you're bad. I don't think you're good either. Look up the word ambivalence in the dictionary, why don't you. I'll wait.

This is also the third BS leading question you've asked me, and you've only gotten through four!

Also, you never answered any of my posts where I defended myself. Nor have you answered any of my posts which accused you--other than saying that I suspected you for reasons that had nothing to do with what I suspected you for.

I'm sorry that I haven't responded to every post you've made. If I have time to circle back and address your old suspicions of me after addressing everyone else's new suspicions of me, I'll do so. But I only have so much mafia time in the day, and I already have a ton of BS to sift through.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:Why is JJJ confirmed good?

I mean, I think he looks pretty good regardless but isn't there a baddie that can survive their first NK attempt?
I had the tiniest bit of doubt about his confirmed status, but the host post says "Johnny the Boy" attempted to kill him, so that's a pretty strong confirmation.

You replaced sprityo, who was read as scum by 5 out of the 5 players who did the GTH exercise last night. It would have been 6 out of 6 had I been there. How do you feel about that?
Yes, I realize it would mean they would do a massive frame job, yes. It seems far-fetched but I don't like eliminating that possibility from the board.

As for everyone scumreading my predecessor... :shrug2:

He wasn't really around to do anything. JJJ calls it the low hanging fruit and rightfully so. I'm rather busy and don't really know what to answer to in the case of sprityo's faults. Could someone point me in the direction of why they view sprityo as bad and see if I can assuage any fears?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:

....you have yet to name a reason why you think I'm bad. You flipped on me with very little reason. This is why you suspect Zebra. Are you going to tell me why you suspect me or are you going to be obtuse?
I don't think you are bad.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: MAD MAX: Day 2

Post by insertnamehere »

motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:What do you want from me, Sloonei?
Digging back I found this old classic line.

Putting my vote on insertname for now.
great. you think a random fuckin' quote is enough. What makes this quote a 100% scumtell?

And better yet, what do I have to correct my tone enough so that you don't jump down my throat every time I make a comment? Oh wait, was that too mean and negative? We all know that only scum get agitated when they're constantly hounded by BS cases and constant suspicion. Nobody's ever heard of a civilian getting ticked off having to eat fecal matter each time he checks the thread.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:

Oh damn. I didn't notice that.

I said that in the champs finale and got roasted. I was bad. I haven't personally observed this as a trendy baddie comment, but I know numerous good players who consider it gospel.
I was watching that game, that's where I picked up looking out for it.
He's also employing Why Me defenses (complaining that the case against him also applies to other people). This was another tell that I learned in that tournament.

Starting to feel it.
why do those only come from scum?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I do think that INH's interactions with Elo looked worse than most. I could potentially get behind it, even if my gut is resisting hard.
the tiniest violin in the world is playing to accompany your "moral struggle" over joining the damn near universal bandwagon against me, MP.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Scotty wrote:Why is JJJ confirmed good?

I mean, I think he looks pretty good regardless but isn't there a baddie that can survive their first NK attempt?
I had the tiniest bit of doubt about his confirmed status, but the host post says "Johnny the Boy" attempted to kill him, so that's a pretty strong confirmation.

You replaced sprityo, who was read as scum by 5 out of the 5 players who did the GTH exercise last night. It would have been 6 out of 6 had I been there. How do you feel about that?
Yes, I realize it would mean they would do a massive frame job, yes. It seems far-fetched but I don't like eliminating that possibility from the board.

As for everyone scumreading my predecessor... :shrug2:

He wasn't really around to do anything. JJJ calls it the low hanging fruit and rightfully so. I'm rather busy and don't really know what to answer to in the case of sprityo's faults. Could someone point me in the direction of why they view sprityo as bad and see if I can assuage any fears?
No.

You answering your sprityo is pointless. Reads are better.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:

Oh damn. I didn't notice that.

I said that in the champs finale and got roasted. I was bad. I haven't personally observed this as a trendy baddie comment, but I know numerous good players who consider it gospel.
What's the logic behind that attitude / question coming from a more likely mafia than town mindset?
I'll explain my own circumstance from that game for context:

I spent pretty much the entire game under fire from one source, the player coolkid (eventual tournament champion). I fought him at every turn for days and days, never backing down, trying to stay poised under intense pressure. Eventually I dropped that bomb, not realizing it would be a mistake: what do you want from me, man?

It helped change my scenario from "JJJ under pressure" to "JJJ in the noose".

The argument they made against me, which was probably accurate, was that the question represents a sense of desperation wrought of the wrong mindset. They see a baddie who is fighting tooth and nail for every inch of breathing room in the thread, desperate to earn town reads. It was the symbolic cracking of the JJJ eggshell -- no longer was I showing an earnest interest in reading the motivations of my detractor, but instead I was revealing that what I really wanted most was for him to change his mind. That's more scum than town.
Pardon me for wanting to change people's minds when I'm fighting tooth and nail not to get mislynched by 90% of the damn thread.

I apologize for not being able to write 10 ISO's and 20 analysis posts in the time that I have to spare for mafia. That must mean I'm a shitty player who doesn't have the right priorities, I know. But people are also criticizing me for not addressing every single post written against me, so I'm doomed if I do, doomed if I don't.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:He's also employing Why Me defenses (complaining that the case against him also applies to other people). This was another tell that I learned in that tournament.

Starting to feel it.
They don't. I think it's scum at a greater-than-random rate though. It's a bad defense, frankly, and the baddie benefit is pretty easy to identify -- it simultaneously weakens an argument against them and directs attention to someone else. It doesn't actually mean they're innocent of anything, or that they actually defended themselves substantively. It's a tactic.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

insertnamehere wrote:Pardon me for wanting to change people's minds when I'm fighting tooth and nail not to get mislynched by 90% of the damn thread.

I apologize for not being able to write 10 ISO's and 20 analysis posts in the time that I have to spare for mafia. That must mean I'm a shitty player who doesn't have the right priorities, I know. But people are also criticizing me for not addressing every single post written against me, so I'm doomed if I do, doomed if I don't.
I didn't say any of that, so this post means jack shit to me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Because I thought Lorab was bad, and I harbored doubts about Elo's alignment.

Is having incorrect opinions now illegal?
insertnamehere wrote:I think it's stupid to think that Lorab voter = scum, but it's also naive to think that there wasn't a last ditch effort from Toecutter's gang to save their eponymous member.
So, I take it you now think LoRab is good?
I still think Sloonei's case makes sense, and I don't think any of my points against her were discredited, but I find it hard to justify going after her head after Elo flipped bad to the bone. So right now my opinion of LoRab is in limbo, and I'd rather target and investigate other suspects.
If you like my LoRab case so much, might I recommend my case against insertnamehere? I think it is every bit as good if not more!
I feel like this picture can describe 5 or 6 people in this game
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

insertnamehere wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Because I thought Lorab was bad, and I harbored doubts about Elo's alignment.

insertnamehere wrote:I think it's stupid to think that Lorab voter = scum, but it's also naive to think that there wasn't a last ditch effort from Toecutter's gang to save their eponymous member.
I still think Sloonei's case makes sense, and I don't think any of my points against her were discredited, but I find it hard to justify going after her head after Elo flipped bad to the bone. So right now my opinion of LoRab is in limbo, and I'd rather target and investigate other suspects.
If you like my LoRab case so much, might I recommend my case against insertnamehere? I think it is every bit as good if not more!
I feel like this picture can describe 5 or 6 people in this game
Which 5 or 6?
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Glorfindel wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:INH, do you think Zebra and Mac are bad?
I dunno. :grin: In my eyes, Zebra looks more opportunistic than Mac. Criticizing me for being wishy washy and influencing people in the wrong direction after self-voting and loudly proclaiming her own aggressive ambivalence isn't a good look. Don't get me wrong, I don't think ambivalence isn't some no-fail scumtell, but I consider hypocrisy to be as close as you can get in this game.

Do I want to vote for her D4? I dunno. Ask me on Day 4.
Pretend you have a vigilante shot right now and you must use it on this Night 3. Who gets shot?
Glorfindel. He came into this game very buddy-buddy with you and proceeded to mainly ignore the growing suspicion from your end. I think he still wants to pretend you two are simpatico. Looking at the Lorab voters, he's the one who strikes me to be the hobo hitching a ride on the bandwagon.

Given that there are five LR voters, and I can safely remove myself and Elo from the pool of suspects, that leaves me with Sloonei, Wilgy, and good ol' Glorf.

Sloonei strikes me as sincere, Wilgy is Wilgy being Wilgy like only Wilgy can be, and Glorf has done nothing to dissuade any of my suspicion.

I think it's stupid to think that Lorab voter = scum, but it's also naive to think that there wasn't a last ditch effort from Toecutter's gang to save their eponymous member.
I'd like to take issue with this post on a number of levels. I utterly reject the assertion that I "came into this game very buddy-buddy with you (Jay)". Unlike some others, I do my best to treat everyone I encounter in these games with the utmost respect and Jay is no exception. In the short time we've been playing together, I'm satisfied in his ability to read me accurately and for what it's worth, yes, I do admire him greatly for his ability in these games. Indeed I would assert that your accusing me of this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black:
insertnamehere wrote:THOUGHTS ON PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT RICOCHET OR MAC:

I'm liking Neil Hartley a hell of a lot. I'd really appreciate if his agent, JaggedJimmyJay, could continue booking him for the foreseeable future.
One quote where I post that I like 3J's roleplay does not a buddy make.
As for my LoRab vote at the last EoD, I have addressed this matter in my last post, I trust it will allay your concerns.

I note also that you ranked me in the very middle of your yellow/amber reads on only Day 2 and then after you come under heat from a unanimous GTH reading today, you post this accusation against me. Personally, I don't think this is a particularly good look at all.
That rainbow list was before Elo flipped scum. And the accusation was prompted by 3J asking me if I had to kill one person right now who I would target. Just adding the context you decided to ignore.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote:To kick off the INH discussion for today, I'll re-open my Day 2 case because he still has not really addressed it.
insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:
motel room wrote:
insertnamehere wrote: This.

Rico has set up a very risky system here. He's intentionally put a massive target on his back. If neither Rico or Mac are bad, all the mafia has to do is kill Rico, and they get a free lynch of Mac. This same logic gives Mac a smokescreen to hide behind if he is, in fact, bad. In both scenarios, Rico = Dead N1.

It seems like such a categorically poor move for Rico that it essentially leaves me with two options. A. He has some sort of secret info or an ulterior motive for voting Mac Day 1. B. He knows for sure that the target on his back won't hurt him because he's scum.
Uhhh

Free lunch!
This was from yesterday, on my phone on the train. Epi had the most concise cut-down of the rico\mac bickering and this bloke appeared to piggyback off it, but with an odd confident "two option" stance which I was not a fan of.
Care to elaborate on why you aren't a fan?
Just like, the vibe. Mabo.
Welp. :sigh:
I do not like either of INH's posts in this exchange. I think the explanation motel room gives initially is sufficient enough to get a follow up response out of INH if he wants to provide one, but instead he just ignores it and asks him to elaborate. To be fair, motel room doesn't really do this, but I still think there's enough there for INH to work with if he really wants to defend himself here. Instead he just sighs and moves on. It gives me a vibe of a player who's not prepared to defend himself against what may be a genuine accusation.
What the fuck do you want me to say when someone says they aren't a fan of the "vibe" of my posts? I don't play based on "vibes" myself, and I've always had a hard time understanding "vibe"-based gameplay. I can't say "FUCK YOUR SUBJECTIVE FEELINGS ABOUT MY POSTS THEY'RE WRONG". All I can do is acknowledge the bad "vibe" comment and hope that he doesn't badly "vibe" any of my comments in the future. In my subjective opinion, people sharing their subjective opinions and not much else don't constitute "accusations" and I have no idea how to counter "your posts feel bad to me" other than saying the obvious observation: "no they don't."

For a second I thought that my mafia opinions, defenses, and thought processes weren't inherently inferior to everyone else's. Thanks for reminding me of my own ineptitude, Sloonei. It's a real help.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

insertnamehere wrote:The two people who came out of Day 1 looking worse for me are Elo and Epi, those two lovebirds.

Elo's Scotty vote and "self-preservation" was weird to me. Same thing with Epi's ultimately useless last second switcheroo where he jumped off of the Scotty train mere seconds before it crashed into a wall. I'd really like to see his explanation for his vote because right now it just rings as hollowly opportunistic.
I learned my lesson that time that INH did indeed mean to say "worse" instead of "worst" here, but that still doesn't answer the question of why Epi's vote change on Day 1 was suspicious. I'll quote myself: "he jumped off of the Scotty train mere seconds before it crashed into a wall."But what really gets me about this post is this post later on where he claims to have never called Epi scum. LoRab's response sums it up well enough:
LoRab wrote:You didn't explicitly accuse him, true. But you implied suspicion. And to say, yeah--i didn't really suspect him, and he was just frustrating, quite honestly, doesn't make you look all that good.
Why is INH trying to back away from the reality of his read on Epignosis? I genuinely don't know what he's doing here, but it looks shady and I see no reason for him not to own his suspicion
Jesus [expletive] Christ, this is the fifth time I've explained what I meant by this mother[expletive]ing post, and every [expletive] time people ignore that and post the same exact bull [expletive] about it.

(expletives deleted in hopes of having a civilian-esque "tone")

Alright. Let me break down my own feelings for you, instead of you breaking them down for me. When I say that I find something someone suspicious, I don't mean that I find the person doing the suspicious thing scum. A scum read is more serious and takes more to earn from me than a simple "that thing you did there was suspicious". Your entire "thing" against this one post basically amounts to you thinking that my way of having reads is inherently false or scummy, and you simply cannot accept the mental distinction that I personally have between "suspicious action" and "this dude's scum". Maybe it's different for you. But, unfortunately, I don't play the exact same way as you, and you find that discomforting.

I know that you'll just ignore this post, and continue making the same damn assumptions, but I'm masochistic enough to still want to put forth an effort to stay in this game.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I just realized that if I'm lynched today, Jay's new meta civ read of me will be: hypocritical new-method-hating player who's easily lynched and says dumb things.

I don't know if I find that more annoying or sickly funny.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

i'm going full macdougall tonight
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:

I don't think you are bad.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 23#p304823
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 334

Post by Quin »

Quin wrote:Am I the only one who keeps getting 503 errors on the syndicate? If it's a me problem, anyone know how to fix it?
I think there might be *some* issue somewhere, because now the syndicate just won't load anything. :disappoint: Are you aware of any issues with the server, MP? Or is it entirely on my end?

Going off the past three pages I've read, INH is currently reminding me of a bad marmot in RoTTK who stuck entirely on the defensive when he started taking votes. I'll vote him for now, pending an ISO when my internet sorts itself out.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

insertnamehere wrote:I just realized that if I'm lynched today, Jay's new meta civ read of me will be: hypocritical new-method-hating player who's easily lynched and says dumb things.

I don't know if I find that more annoying or sickly funny.
Help us out if we're wrong. Do you have any opinions on anyone else? Wanna suggest scum is driving this lynch?
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: MAD MAX: Day 1

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote:Here is his eulogy for Epignosis. I usually perk up when I see things like this. I see it as filler or fluff content, saying something for the sake of saying something. "Oh look, a townie died. For shame, they will be missed." It does nothing. And then what really bugs me is that later on, INH will try to pass this off like it's a substantive, game-related reaction to Epi's death and not just empty words:
insertnamehere wrote:
LoRab wrote:Curious to see what Zebra and INH have to say now that Epi was killed by mafia. And highly unlikely, in a speed game, that mafia would kill one of their own night 1. So....wanting responses there.
I don't believe either me or Zebra called Epi mafia. We just wanted some kind of explanation for his D1 vote, and his pussyfooting around it was aggravating.

Plus, I already responded to his death here:
insertnamehere wrote:Epignosis went out like he played: frustratingly. RIP, and I wish you elected to answer a single question before you left this mortal coil. Guess it doesn't particularly matter now.
There ya go.

Now onto Rico's text wall.
It's pretty clear that LoRab is looking for some sort of analysis out of INH/zebra here, but INH instead says "What do you mean? I already did that!" and links us back to his eulogy. As if that's an analysis. And then we're supposed to move on to the next topic.
Here's the quote you railed against without quoting
insertnamehere wrote:Epignosis went out like he played: frustratingly. RIP, and I wish you elected to answer a single question before you left this mortal coil. Guess it doesn't particularly matter now.
I know this is somehow the new scum "secret phrase", but I'm increasingly unaware of exactly what in the [expletive] Sloonei wants from me. Let me restate the ignored context for the fifth [expletive] time, because I have to explain the same old [expletive] for what feels like the umpteenth time. Epi refused to explain his extremely late in the day vote switch. I pressed him on it. He was then killed. I posted this after he was killed.

The, by this point, days old post that I'm having to explain for the third or fourth time, was me admitting that I was barking up the wrong tree, but still wondering exactly what Epi didn't want to say. I assumed Lorab was attempting a "gotcha" moment, and wanted me and Zebra to admit that we were doing something wrong by questioning Epi. I pointed him to this post.

That's, what, the tenth time today you've belittled the content of my posts with hollow scoffing and heaps of "as if that's an analysis." Pardon me for making your monocle pop out with the complete lack of value within my posts, Sloonei.

And now I can actually move onto other posts without Sloonei slapping me in the face with "YOU DIDN'T RESPOND TO MY CASE"
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Quin wrote:
Quin wrote:Am I the only one who keeps getting 503 errors on the syndicate? If it's a me problem, anyone know how to fix it?
I think there might be *some* issue somewhere, because now the syndicate just won't load anything. :disappoint: Are you aware of any issues with the server, MP? Or is it entirely on my end?

Going off the past three pages I've read, INH is currently reminding me of a bad marmot in RoTTK who stuck entirely on the defensive when he started taking votes. I'll vote him for now, pending an ISO when my internet sorts itself out.
I haven't had any issues. :shrug:

INH-- who should I vote for if not you?
Indiglo-- who should I vote for if not you?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote:But wait, there's more!
mother[expletive]...
insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:INH, do you think Zebra and Mac are bad?
I dunno. :grin: In my eyes, Zebra looks more opportunistic than Mac. Criticizing me for being wishy washy and influencing people in the wrong direction after self-voting and loudly proclaiming her own aggressive ambivalence isn't a good look. Don't get me wrong, I don't think ambivalence isn't some no-fail scumtell, but I consider hypocrisy to be as close as you can get in this game.

Do I want to vote for her D4? I dunno. Ask me on Day 4.
Pretend you have a vigilante shot right now and you must use it on this Night 3. Who gets shot?
Glorfindel. He came into this game very buddy-buddy with you and proceeded to mainly ignore the growing suspicion from your end. I think he still wants to pretend you two are simpatico. Looking at the Lorab voters, he's the one who strikes me to be the hobo hitching a ride on the bandwagon.

Given that there are five LR voters, and I can safely remove myself and Elo from the pool of suspects, that leaves me with Sloonei, Wilgy, and good ol' Glorf.

Sloonei strikes me as sincere, Wilgy is Wilgy being Wilgy like only Wilgy can be, and Glorf has done nothing to dissuade any of my suspicion.

I think it's stupid to think that Lorab voter = scum, but it's also naive to think that there wasn't a last ditch effort from Toecutter's gang to save their eponymous member.
This post is a bit of a head scratcher and he seems a bit inconsistent. Glorfindel is scum because he's hitching a ride on the LoRab bandwagon. Okay. So are you.
But it's stupid to think that someone who votes for LoRab is scum. Because you did it, and you don't want to be suspected for it? But surely there's somebody on that wagon who's scum. And it must be Glorfindel. I'm not saying that's not a valid suspicion; we should all treat Glorfindel with the same level of skepticism that I am treating INH with right now. But in this post, INH seems to have one foot in both camps. It's not a good idea to call him suspicious for voting LoRab, but it is okay to call Glorfindel suspicious for voting LoRab.
I never said it was stupid to find me joining the case against Lorab suspicious. I just think that having that as the sole reason for suspecting me, and ignoring all other people who made ill-fated moves on Day 3 is short-minded. I personally think that out of the Lorab D3 voters, Glorfindel is the most suspicious. Then again, I think every point people have against me other than the undeniable truth that I didn't vote for Elo is poppycock.

I should just print out a giant picture of my face and send it to you, Sloonei, so you can cut open a mouth flap and shove as many words through it as your heart's desire.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Who should we lynch, INH?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

PART TEN OF "WHAT DID I EVER DO TO SLOONEI IN A PAST LIFE TO DESERVE THIS"
And then this:
insertnamehere wrote:
motel room wrote:

What points did you make against her, if you don't mind me asking? Because again, and I'm sorry if this is more arrogance from me, it looks like your vote was a complete piggybacking of the case that I made against her. You introduced no new points of your own against her as far as I can see.
I disliked her attacking people for their posts being "of no value" in her subjective opinion. I also disliked her case against me, and didn't think it was genuine. Were either one of those points you made against her?
Sloonei wrote:That apology probably appears to be unnecessary snark. It is not. The apology is sincere. I don't want to appear like I'm dominated by ego, but it was an observation I couldn't ignore.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Glorfindel wrote:
motel room wrote:

I mentally go back and forth with every post on whether I find Glorfindel's specific speech patterns endearing or slightly disconcerting.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

insertnamehere wrote:
LoRab wrote:So, you still suspect me, but you can't go after me why, exactly? I have mixed feelings about you. You run hot and cold for me. You aren't my top suspect right now. :stare: Because it will look bad? See previous answer. Because you don't think you can get a bandwagon going right now? You sure do love making me say things I didn't say, don't you?

Why exactly do you think I am bad?
I don't think you're bad. I don't think you're good either. Look up the word ambivalence in the dictionary, why don't you. I'll wait.

This is also the third BS leading question you've asked me, and you've only gotten through four!

Also, you never answered any of my posts where I defended myself. Nor have you answered any of my posts which accused you--other than saying that I suspected you for reasons that had nothing to do with what I suspected you for.

I'm sorry that I haven't responded to every post you've made. If I have time to circle back and address your old suspicions of me after addressing everyone else's new suspicions of me, I'll do so. But I only have so much mafia time in the day, and I already have a ton of BS to sift through.
I don't need a dictionary--you hadn't used the word ambivalence before. Nor do I think that ambivalence was your intent--except for the fact that I think you're making a false case against me and know full well that I'm civ--because you're not.

I don't expect a response to every post I make, or every post that mentions you. But a response to ANY post addressing you would be nice (prior to this, obviously.

Your posts about me say that I suspected you and had posts about play style, which is patently untrue. Come to think of it, in your responses to Sloonei, that wasn't something you addressed.

And even your response to me right here doesn't address the fact that I didn't do what you say I did--nor do I suspect you for the reasons you seem to think I did and do.

With every post, I become less and less hesitant about lynching you.

linkitis: He didn't say that the only reason to suspect you was because you voted for me--nor did anyone else. Again, you are misrepresenting the reasons that people suspect you, trying to paint them as unfounded and silly, when there are many reasons that you are suspicious. That is why you have so many votes.

Wouldn't it be more fun for you if you just admitted you were bad and played with us in the thread for the next 24 hours? Honestly?
Your defenses make you read increasingly mafia, so maybe just admit you're a FEB this game.

linitis 2: Where did I say that anyone's posts had no value. Please quote where I did that. And what about my case against you doesn't seem genuine?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Aaaand now I've caught up to the new [expletive] that's piled up against me after the point that I started responding to the old [expletive].
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:He's also employing Why Me defenses (complaining that the case against him also applies to other people). This was another tell that I learned in that tournament.

Starting to feel it.
They don't. I think it's scum at a greater-than-random rate though. It's a bad defense, frankly, and the baddie benefit is pretty easy to identify -- it simultaneously weakens an argument against them and directs attention to someone else. It doesn't actually mean they're innocent of anything, or that they actually defended themselves substantively. It's a tactic.
You constantly conflate "baddie tactic" and "ways to shift attention off of themselves".

I'm desperately trying to shift attention off of myself and onto other people. I realize my quintuple posts and in-thread hysterics may not accomplish that, but it's what I have in mind. Because I'm a civilian, despite what everyone else will tell you, and I find the fact that I'm the only one with more than one vote terrifying. If you'd let me pull the ol' Lee Harvey Oswald, I'd like to acknowledge my own patsy-ness.

I also mean it genuinely. I genuinely don't know how all of these people convinced I'm playing the game wrong want me to play. Exactly like them, I suppose?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”