Re: [Day 0] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Dom »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
LoRab wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:Who hasn't checked in yet? A Person, Lorab, Ninjuukyuwhatever, anybody else? (sorry if you did and I just missed your post)
I did so check in!! I was the first to post!!!!! I just haven't had anything to add since then.

That said...and this is probably a stupid question (and I'll probably get flack for it, but whatever). But, uh, are we supposed to be doing anything? There's no poll, but is there any sort of day 0 exercise that I missed? Do we know how we get to day 1 (or night 1, depending on which comes first)?
Hunting for mafia fellow townies. That's what we're supposed to be doing. :srsnod:

But seriously, no Day 0 poll or anything, just check in time... I believe.
How do other people feel about that line?
I don't feel great about it.
What's wrong with it? I've been clear about implementing POE this game.
Civvie hunting isn't what is bothering me
Then I'm confused. Which part of it bothered you?
The word, "fellow".
sig wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Well, I've OT talked enough.

Although recently I've uncovered that POE naturally describes my recently developed playstyle because I much more easily find town reads than I do baddie reads, I've never formally used POE before.

I'll be using POE exclusively this game, and I'd like to approach it both as an individual (with my rainbow lists like I usually do) but as a group this time.

Who wants to join me? :mafia:
tbh what does this mean tbh
Stated as simply as possible, POE ("process of elimination") takes the typical strategy of a town player (to hunt for members of the mafia) and flips it on its head (instead hunt for fellow townies).

The theory behind POE is that town can win due to the fact that it has a majority, and if members of the town can collectively use POE to clear enough of each other from consideration of being mafia, then the only players that haven't been cleared are the mafia.

A player can approach POE on an individual level, like I've usually been doing more so these days in the beginning of the game when I state "here are 5 town reads", etc., and then when it comes time to vote I just vote among the players I haven't found any reason to call town.

Multiple players can approach POE on a group level with specific intent of using POE (something I have not yet participated in), and assuming those players can town-clear each other, they will then work with each other collectively to cross-examine each other's town reads to develop a consensus suspect pool. For example, if there are 10 players, and I (as Player #1) have town reads on Players #3, 5, 7, and 8, and Players #3 and #5 who also are using POE have town reads on Players #2, 4, 5, and 9, then that leaves a consensus suspect pool of only Players #6 and #10, since neither of those players are being town read by any of the players utilizing POE. All of the POE-utilizing players would then decide on either #6 or #10 for their votes.
Ah so basically a town circle?

NO NO NO ANNNNNND NO!

This is perhaps one of my least favorite methods of hunting mafia whether it is winning dead or alive or not. Mainly since if one mafia gets in the town circle aka 100% cleared we will listen to them buddy buddy, then they can screw up the whole game. I've seen it happen quite a few times so we should be very wary if we're going to employ this strategy.

So while it can work I don't think we should put to much stock in POE to early in the game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Actually MP, your post count has already jumped to an obscene place. I'm not sure I've seen it quite like this since you started Transistor with 57 posts before the second-highest poster made it to #8.

You over-eager cuz you bad, m8?
i got a cherry tree out back
wanna pick some more?
It's a cherry pick if MP dominates the early post count this much in every game, and I don't think he does. Indeed other than Transistor I might say the other most applicable comparison is to the Scrimmage (I can't remember his precise post count comparatively; I just remember it being very high very early). It doesn't make him bad, but it's worth throwing some poop.
Good point from JJJ, Dom's post is pingy. MP is more than able to defend himself from what was only a statement by 3J, so why jump in?
Because I found it suspect.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 218

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
LoRab wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:Who hasn't checked in yet? A Person, Lorab, Ninjuukyuwhatever, anybody else? (sorry if you did and I just missed your post)
I did so check in!! I was the first to post!!!!! I just haven't had anything to add since then.

That said...and this is probably a stupid question (and I'll probably get flack for it, but whatever). But, uh, are we supposed to be doing anything? There's no poll, but is there any sort of day 0 exercise that I missed? Do we know how we get to day 1 (or night 1, depending on which comes first)?
Hunting for mafia fellow townies. That's what we're supposed to be doing. :srsnod:

it has a hilarious "how do you do, fellow kids?" vibe to it. I hope it was worth the 15 minutes I wasted making this

Scotty wrote:It sure sounds like everyone's pretty murky brown to you. Why even mention Dom and Boom if you don't have a read on them?
I noticed that too, kind of funny use of the word definitive
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
- Scotty doesn't feel good to me yet

- I'm iffy on Jay

- Nothing on Dom

- Nothing on Boomslang

I think that's all of my definitive feelings
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Placeholder post, since I have missed out on several pages. Geez, people. Day 0.

I'll catch up later tonight - had a mind-numbing (but very productive) workday yesterday, and need to do my grading and school crap before I dive into the rabbit hole of mafia reading :P Just figured I'd check in!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by A Person »

i did not realize that this game had actually started
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Vompatti »

;O
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 522
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
LoRab wrote:

it has a hilarious "how do you do, fellow kids?" vibe to it. I hope it was worth the 15 minutes I wasted making this
LOL, that's funny because I've been throwing around a few posts with that vibe just to kind of be silly. (like my post where I said "kids" earlier even though I'm younger than at least half of you all). :P

Dom, why does the use of the word fellow bother you? I don't follow.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:Placeholder post, since I have missed out on several pages. Geez, people. Day 0.

I'll catch up later tonight - had a mind-numbing (but very productive) workday yesterday, and need to do my grading and school crap before I dive into the rabbit hole of mafia reading :P Just figured I'd check in!
Day 0 is nonsense and I want to solve the game already afjpa;sfjqbopeajkpgvbjad;vgopejqtr90w
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 379
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

:3

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

A Person wrote:i did not realize that this game had actually started
It hasn't

Not really, anyway
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Reads I have so far? Uhhhh.....not much. But if I had to pick one or two:

- Scotty doesn't feel good to me yet. Seems awfully contradictory on your POE methodology.

- I was surprised this many players didn't know what POE was. But it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. :P

- I'm iffy on Jay. Maybe I'm just used to him being more assertive and decisive. So that may be why I feel the way I do about him currently. But he's a solid grey and would lean ever so slightly civ on him.

- The theme is as awesome as I figured it would be.

- Nothing on Dom yet. Other than his naturally inquisitive self.

- Nothing on Boomslang yet. I'm just not seeing where you are coming from on him.

I think that's all of my definitive feelings, or as definitive as this Day 0 is so far.
I'm leaning slightly bad about this post. "If I had to pick one or two," followed by a list of six items, suggests that he's trying to plant multiple ideas into the thread while being overly casual and noncommittal about it. The combination of "Nothing on Dom," "Nothing on Boomslang," and "definitive feelings" is also contradictory, as Scotty pointed out. And again, "as definitive as this Day 0 is so far" is another way to hedge the statement while still inserting the ideas.

Linki: lol 9 pages beg to differ
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

And with that, everyone has checked in!

O glorious day! :cloud9:

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Boomslang wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

- Scotty doesn't feel good to me yet. Seems awfully contradictory on your POE methodology.

- I was surprised this many players didn't know what POE was. But it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one. :P

- I'm iffy on Jay. Maybe I'm just used to him being more assertive and decisive. So that may be why I feel the way I do about him currently. But he's a solid grey and would lean ever so slightly civ on him.

- Nothing on Boomslang yet. I'm just not seeing where you are coming from on him.

I think that's all of my definitive feelings, or as definitive as this Day 0 is so far.
I'm leaning slightly bad about this post. "If I had to pick one or two," followed by a list of six items, suggests that he's trying to plant multiple ideas into the thread while being overly casual and noncommittal about it. The combination of "Nothing on Dom," "Nothing on Boomslang," and "definitive feelings" is also contradictory, as Scotty pointed out. And again, "as definitive as this Day 0 is so far" is another way to hedge the statement while still inserting the ideas.

To be fair, I figured this would start as just a couple of thoughts. But then it turned into a stream-of-consciousness view of the thread so far. So I guess I have stronger/more opinions than I figured I would. Especially given how long it usually takes me to come up with more than just one or two ideas as to what I think is going on.

And yes, that was a very poor and contradictory word choice on my part. I will admit that. But I was just giving MP a response to his question to me and not really thinking about how I was wording it.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Going to go hit the gym and eat dinner, and then I should be available for most of the evening.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

To be fair, I figured this would start as just a couple of thoughts. But then it turned into a stream-of-consciousness view of the thread so far. So I guess I have stronger/more opinions than I figured I would. Especially given how long it usually takes me to come up with more than just one or two ideas as to what I think is going on.

And yes, that was a very poor and contradictory word choice on my part. I will admit that. But I was just giving MP a response to his question to me and not really thinking about how I was wording it.
You consider "iffy" and "nothing" strong opinions?

That's like me bringing a legless crow home to my gf and telling her I found this dog on the side of the road and his name is Woof Woof.

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 219

Post by Golden »

Boomslang wrote:And then J posts a couple of small but meaty little takes on Page 6. I find that timing responsive, not self-driven.
I also found it responsive in the moment. MP asked 'why now', and Jay did have an answer, but I wasn't entirely convinced.

On the flip side, it's almost TOO transparent for Jay to go 'shit, golden put me on low heat, I better put some reads out then'. He can't have expected it would go by without being called out. So in some ways, it made me feel a little better about him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sloonei's initial work in suggesting I have been a waffler of sorts was a nice workload for Day 0. I do think though that his choices for highlighting left room for contextual problems (highlighting a word or two that only loosely apply to the stated premise of tentativeness). I also think the core expectation of confidence from anyone, JJJ or not, in a Day 0 lean is rather bunk. So Sloonei should answer for that.
Your tentative language was the thing that stood out most to me when I was reading the thread and I wanted to make a note of that so everyone could look at it and share their thoughts.
It wasn't that you struck me as lacking confidence in any reads on Day 0. That's not a thing I'd fault anyone for. It was that you seemed to be lacking confidence when people questioned you about things you had previously said, and that's not a great look on Day 0, or Day 1, or Day 8.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

You consider "iffy" and "nothing" strong opinions?

That's like me bringing a legless crow home to my gf and telling her I found this dog on the side of the road and his name is Woof Woof.
Actually that analogy is nothing like this circumstance.

I just really want to get a dog named Woof Woof.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Golden has made some isolated external commentary, but I can't say I'm certain of his own read on me. He's dabbled and poked; I'm wondering if there's a conclusion.
I have no conclusion, other than to say that I have not yet concluded that I have a town read on you, which I often do by this point. I don't think that makes the dabs and pokes devoid of worth, though.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: GY!BE Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

Ricochet wrote:Image
While I dig the aesthetic of this Player List, would it be possible to get another list that includes post history links somewhere on the front page please and thank you Mr. Rick O. Chet?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Scotty wrote: You are just as bad as me if you think I am bad without elaboration.

Also I haven't looked at my role card yet. I'll do that when the game actually starts.

I'm interested in why MP is the self-proclaimed Mother Theresa this game, and is getting a pass for listing off civs.
:suspish:

And where are you getting that impression about me? Do you think my behavior has been suspicious? If so, what's your beef with me, man?
You made a series of posts back in 1996 (aka the first few pages of this game) where you expressed your lack of confidence in calling out people for being bad so you instead would resort to calling people good.

Anyone can call anyone good. You may be an idiot savant with calling people good correctly more often, but this isn't alignment indicative and I feel like it's an easy cop out for scum hunting.

Not to say you aren't scumhunting, but that pinged me hard.
Does not compute.

Both the orange statements and yellow statements seem contradictory within colors. Try me again.
This is a post I want to see Scotty respond to.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
LoRab wrote:

Why not? If anything, I'd call it one of the most town-leaning lines MP has written in this game, so I'm interested in your perspective.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I get no sinister vibes from that thing MP said.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Golden wrote:Hot takes

Bwt is town. Scotty is bad.
Golden, are you planning on elaborating on this anytime soon?
No. Not until at least some time towards the middle of day one. I want to let things play out a bit first.

I mean, with my read on you its gut. I wouldn't say I'm great at reading you, but your posts exude what I feel is townieness from you. It's scotty that I'm not elaborating on.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Ricochet »

Sloonei wrote: While I dig the aesthetic of this Player List, would it be possible to get another list that includes post history links somewhere on the front page please and thank you Mr. Rick O. Chet?
Better?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
Boomslang wrote:And then J posts a couple of small but meaty little takes on Page 6. I find that timing responsive, not self-driven.
I also found it responsive in the moment. MP asked 'why now', and Jay did have an answer, but I wasn't entirely convinced.

On the flip side, it's almost TOO transparent for Jay to go 'shit, golden put me on low heat, I better put some reads out then'. He can't have expected it would go by without being called out. So in some ways, it made me feel a little better about him.
Yeah, I'd agree with this assessment of it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Scotty wrote: You are just as bad as me if you think I am bad without elaboration.

Also I haven't looked at my role card yet. I'll do that when the game actually starts.

I'm interested in why MP is the self-proclaimed Mother Theresa this game, and is getting a pass for listing off civs.
:suspish:

And where are you getting that impression about me? Do you think my behavior has been suspicious? If so, what's your beef with me, man?
You made a series of posts back in 1996 (aka the first few pages of this game) where you expressed your lack of confidence in calling out people for being bad so you instead would resort to calling people good.

Anyone can call anyone good. You may be an idiot savant with calling people good correctly more often, but this isn't alignment indicative and I feel like it's an easy cop out for scum hunting.

Not to say you aren't scumhunting, but that pinged me hard.
Does not compute.

Both the orange statements and yellow statements seem contradictory within colors. Try me again.
This is a post I want to see Scotty respond to.
Me too. Still waiting. :mafia:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Ricochet wrote:
Sloonei wrote: While I dig the aesthetic of this Player List, would it be possible to get another list that includes post history links somewhere on the front page please and thank you Mr. Rick O. Chet?
Better?
Whoa, it is. Thank you, Emperor Rico.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

So, who shall we lynch next? :beer:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 30

Post by insertnamehere »

at this point, I'm waiting for the actual game to start, because reading into this pre-game nonsense is giving me nothing.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

insertnamehere wrote:at this point, I'm waiting for the actual game to start, because reading into this pre-game nonsense is giving me nothing.
You don't think there are literally any reads to be gained by what has transpired thus far?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 103

[Day 1] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Ricochet »

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Vompatti wrote:So, who shall we lynch next? :beer:
Any volunteers?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [Day 1] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Global Warming and Nuclear Meltdown Are Important, but Let's Do Process of Elimination Instead

:haha:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

are votes changeable?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 162

Post by timmer »

I'm all caught up...

No reads worth mentioning at this time, I mostly just see a group of active players and a group of quiet players. I'll tune back in tomorrow morning, ciao for niao.
My siggie.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Sloonei wrote:are votes changeable?
didn't you read the rules? :disappoint:

Image Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
LoRab wrote:

LOL, that's funny because I've been throwing around a few posts with that vibe just to kind of be silly. (like my post where I said "kids" earlier even though I'm younger than at least half of you all). :P

Ah, yes, ME a CIVVIE, yes WHY YOU ARE CORRECT I AM A CIVVIE
YES me, your fellow civvie.
It's as convincing as shitty exposition in a movie.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

So, you see MP engaging in a bit of moustache twirling?

I do actually see your point - MP, why assume LoRab is a civvie? Surely that's implied by saying 'fellow civvies'?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
LoRab wrote:

Ah, yes, ME a CIVVIE, yes WHY YOU ARE CORRECT I AM A CIVVIE
YES me, your fellow civvie.
It's as convincing as shitty exposition in a movie.
...That's how I talk. I'm not trying to be convincing. I'm just being goofy if anything. If you find that suspicious, then... OK. I find your observation a bit forced frankly.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:So, you see MP engaging in a bit of moustache twirling?

I do actually see your point - MP, why assume LoRab is a civvie? Surely that's implied by saying 'fellow civvies'?
I wasn't talking about LoRab. There's no implication.

I'm saying the job at hand is to find mafia, then I scratched that out and said fellow townies, because that's what I'm doing, because POE. It was supposed to be a joke.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Power-Over-Ethernet
Point of Entry
Peace On Earth

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Vompatti wrote:Power-Over-Ethernet
Point of Entry
Peace On Earth
I like the first one the best.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
...That's how I talk. I'm not trying to be convincing. I'm just being goofy if anything. If you find that suspicious, then... OK. I find your observation a bit forced frankly.
ok
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

I'm saying the job at hand is to find mafia, then I scratched that out and said fellow townies, because that's what I'm doing, because POE. It was supposed to be a joke.
I concur.

What do you think of Dom raising it?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote:are votes changeable?
I just looked back; refer to 4) under Gameplay. It seems to indicate votes are changeable.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

Golden wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

No. Not until at least some time towards the middle of day one. I want to let things play out a bit first.

I mean, with my read on you its gut. I wouldn't say I'm great at reading you, but your posts exude what I feel is townieness from you. It's scotty that I'm not elaborating on.
Why qualify your elaboration with that first paragraph? If you were going to give an elaboration on BWT anyway, why be coy with that "I want to let things play out a bit first"?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Boomslang wrote:
Golden wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Why qualify your elaboration with that first paragraph? If you were going to give an elaboration on BWT anyway, why be coy with that "I want to let things play out a bit first"?
Cos I couldn't be bothered editing what I'd already written.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I concur.

I'm not really sure, but it strikes me as potentially fabricated. Here's why: Of literally all of my 130+ posts that Dom could have responded to, he chose to zero in on the use of my word "fellow" in one post. Not my use of POE (which Scotty and Wilgy criticized as a potential tool for me to hide behind if I'm bad, for example, even though you all should know better that my baddie strategy is never to hide a damn thing). Not my treatment of any other players.

It also strikes me as potentially fabricated given Dom's lamentation earlier in the game regarding not being able to develop any reads with Day 0 content. Townie Dom picks at things and finds pings, even in the most unlikely places; that's what makes him an astute player. There has been plenty of relatively meaty content so far in this game for him to poke at, so for him to finally come out and again zero in on not liking my use of "fellow", among literally everything, just doesn't compute to me.

Lastly, I find his most recent response to me (of just "ok") confusing. I'm not sure how he is trying to get a read on me with this conversation.

Dom and I are very different people though; if our thoughts were two sides of the same brain, I think that brain would overload due to cognitive dissonance. Consequently, I don't feel we are necessarily very effective at reading each other in these games. The only time I was even remotely accurate about him in recent memory was Mad Max.

So all of that to say the whole ordeal pings me a bit... but I'm far from wanting to stick a pitchfork into Dom at this time.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 218

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

I think I recognize the first song in the Day 1 recording... is that Dzyan or Dom (the band, not the player) or something like that?
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, Golden, I'm confused.

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I concur.

Explain to me how these two posts of yours are coming from the same mindset.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”