GY!BE Mafia [E.N.D.]

Moderator: Community Team

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197

Re: [Day 2] GY!BE Mafia

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm walking away. I have more meetings to attend. You all have fun. I'll be back if I survive the day, which I don't even care to anymore.
I mean, I still think you're civ despite the one thing I brought up from today. And I do hope you calm down and come back to playing later on! :)
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 219

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:I've Seen All Good People Have About Two Hours to Keep Today From Being a Dumpster Fire
If I could start again...
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 218

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

I mixed it up with the other skinny fists roles (storm and static, both civ)

[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Boomslang wrote:Arrrgh, I thought I could catch up tonight. Making a long story short, I have a surprise job interview in middle-of-nowhere North Carolina that will eat up the rest of my day/early evening. Gonna vote Timmer because I disagree with the main wagons and think it would at least yield info on MM. I know this is a drive-by, but I don't have time for more.
Wouldn't it make more sense to vote for MM here if that is the case?

Not to mention I still don't get the case on timmer. Seems pretty civ to me including his logic.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 589
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:I mixed it up with the other skinny fists roles (storm and static, both civ)

JBIZ
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Linki: Casual glance at timmer reads authentic to me as well. The "also" and "also also" construction in his post is more casual than a baddie might use when discussing the finer points of strategy.
Boomslang wrote:Been out all Saturday. Alas. But the thing that pinged me most all day was MM jumping down my/timmer's throat for a timing thing that would've been way too clumsy for baddie move. Voting there.
Boomslang wrote:RIP, INH. Honestly, I hadn't spent much time looking at you or your case. I apologize for not further substantiating my thoughts on MM, but JJJ's explanation is pretty much my train of thought. Using a weak, time-based rationale that would've made the most sense for a timmer vote to vote me. I'll have to look at MM more closely in the next day phase.
Boomslang wrote:Arrrgh, I thought I could catch up tonight. Making a long story short, I have a surprise job interview in middle-of-nowhere North Carolina that will eat up the rest of my day/early evening. Gonna vote Timmer because I disagree with the main wagons and think it would at least yield info on MM. I know this is a drive-by, but I don't have time for more.
Very interesting...very interesting indeed.

Boomslang
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Linki: Casual glance at timmer reads authentic to me as well. The "also" and "also also" construction in his post is more casual than a baddie might use when discussing the finer points of strategy.
Boomslang wrote:Been out all Saturday. Alas. But the thing that pinged me most all day was MM jumping down my/timmer's throat for a timing thing that would've been way too clumsy for baddie move. Voting there.
Boomslang wrote:RIP, INH. Honestly, I hadn't spent much time looking at you or your case. I apologize for not further substantiating my thoughts on MM, but JJJ's explanation is pretty much my train of thought. Using a weak, time-based rationale that would've made the most sense for a timmer vote to vote me. I'll have to look at MM more closely in the next day phase.
I'm more than happy to lynch Boomslang.
Ummmm...why?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:#lynchepi Image

Unvote Boomslang and Vote Epignosis
I honestly cannot read you in this game anymore other than Chaotic Neutral...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:Here ya go golden:
A Person
birdwithteeth11
Boomslang
Dom
DrWilgy
Epignosis
Golden
JaggedJimmyJay
LoRab
Metalmarsh89
MovingPictures07
Nijuukyugou
Scotty
sig
Sloonei
simmer
triceratopzeuhl
Crown of shit
Everyone I know
The needle tears a hole
Everyone I know
Crown of shit
Everyone I know
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Everyone I know
The needle tears a hole
Everyone I know
Everyone I know
The needle tears a hole
The needle tears a hole
Everyone I know
Everyone I know
Everyone I know
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I have to leave to take a final, but do you guys need any more than this?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
He read timmer as town yesterday and voted for me. Then today he voted for timmer, with the hope of getting information about me.

Jay can't talk, but he can pull quotes with the best of them.
Okay fair enough. Same reason I'm voting for him.

Also, this may be the best content I've seen from you so far. And idk if that's good or bad... :shrug:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 326

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Boomslang
Very Interesting and Very Foolish
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:The Golden Curse is Specific, While the Jagged Curse Would Require Wording That I Don't Believe Someone With Such a Power Would Use
What's the motivation for mafia!Jay to fake it?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Mafia-aligned players have to literally manufacture every post they make.
Well There's That
Why would JJJ take the trouble to manufacture a day of fake curse posts? Not to mention I don't remember him being a prime suspect during Day 0 or 1 at any point.
Sloonei Suspected Him Plenty and Sloonei Ain't Talkin'
If you think that is the case, then I will be curious to see how Sloonei responds to this when he is able to talk again.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Hey Little Bird, Do You Like Getting Lynched For Stupid Reasons?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:Very Interesting and Very Foolish
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Boomslang
My sweetest friend?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

triceratopzeuhl wrote:so sloonei isn't mafia (unless it's a double bluff, less likely)
I think someone faking silence as a baddie is just as risky/likely as someone faking a curse as a baddie. So not very likely.

But then again, MP admitted that he's done it before so what do I know?
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Epi, re-reading sloonei just now I see very little content directed at JJJ. Sloonei has posted about (starting from most recently) Lorab, Scotty, metalmarsh (sort of, retracted later), dom, INH, whilgy. Why specifically did you mention JJJ there? besides that you're convinced for some reason he's faking his curse
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:so sloonei isn't mafia (unless it's a double bluff, less likely)
I think someone faking silence as a baddie is just as risky/likely as someone faking a curse as a baddie. So not very likely.
I agree
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Boomslang
How so? It's the most substantive reasoning I've seen for anyone so far today.

Better than AP's vote train, JJJ faking a curse, or voting for MP for his 927391723th explosion. Because I see several really terrible reasons for vote so far today.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:How so? It's the most substantive reasoning I've seen for anyone so far today.

Better than AP's vote train, JJJ faking a curse, or voting for MP for his 927391723th explosion. Because I see several really terrible reasons for vote so far today.
My sweetest friend.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

birdwithteeth11 wrote: Better than AP's vote train, JJJ faking a curse, or voting for MP for his 927391723th explosion. Because I see several really terrible reasons for vote so far today.
MP is the only person who has voted for MP today :P
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Boomslang
How so? It's the most substantive reasoning I've seen for anyone so far today.

Both Trains Should Be Abandoned: There Are Seventeen Fucking Names Up There and You Aren't Limited to Two (Like in Real Life)
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:Both Trains Should Be Abandoned
If I could start again...
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:Hey Little Bird, Do You Like Getting Lynched For Stupid Reasons?
No.

Which is why I'm not voting for AP, MP, or JJJ (even if he doesn't have any votes yet, he's certainly garnered suspicion). Or anyone else who has a vote today so far. I just don't see any other good cases outside of the one for Boomslang.

What about it makes it a stupid reason?

Linki: Then who is a better option? Give me a good reason to look at someone else and I will. I have the time to do so right now.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:Epi, re-reading sloonei just now I see very little content directed at JJJ. Sloonei has posted about (starting from most recently) Lorab, Scotty, metalmarsh (sort of, retracted later), dom, INH, whilgy. Why specifically did you mention JJJ there? besides that you're convinced for some reason he's faking his curse
I'm Not Convinced, and I Was Going By Memory
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Linki: Then who is a better option? Give me a good reason to look at someone else and I will. I have the time to do so right now.
My sweetest friend!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Better than AP's vote train, JJJ faking a curse, or voting for MP for his 927391723th explosion. Because I see several really terrible reasons for vote so far today.
MP is the only person who has voted for MP today :P
Oh I know. :P But I've seen MP get lynched after an emotional blow-up in multiple game threads. So it wouldn't surprise me if that got used as a reason down the road again.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:DrWilgy
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm done with this game. I don't really care. I'm really not in the mood for this. I'll be back whenever.
335 Thread Count, Camps on Mount INH, Expects No Scrutiny
Look, it's not that I expect no scrutiny. That's a misrepresentation of my behavior.

But I'm mentally exhausted this phase. For RL reasons even more than in game, but yeah; I exhausted all that effort and the best we could get is a shitty mislynch, and despite feeling like during d1 I was enervating lots of worthwhile content I find myself constricted by less free time and analysis paralysis, so yeah I'm a bit sour grapes about this game right now.
Generating Content or White Noise (A Ballad in Three Movements):
a. I Sympathize with a Person, I Really Do
b. By the Time I Read Moby Dick Every Evening, I Lose Interest in Writing Anything Myself
c. The Other Voices are Drowned
MovingPictures07 wrote:What the fuck do you expect me to say to you just coming in, plopping a vote on me, and saying my desire to generate content is fake? You've shown no effort to critically evaluate any other INH voter or any other vote except for me today, and you've given me nothing to respond to or work with, just a broad stroke observation that my behavior is fake, and a comment that I could have moved my vote after you made an observation about INH that I considered. What about the other INH voters? Why aren't you and Dom holding them accountable for not changing their votes? Why am I being held to a standard in which you think your one point should have changed my mind when I already spoke extensively and in great detail about my INH thoughts and even expressed that same reservation about his lynch train and others did not? What about all of that specifically strikes you as contrived?
Of All People, I Would Think Mr. POE (i.e., FIND ALL THE TOWNSFOLK) and Mr. WKT Would Be Most Receptive to a Cogent Point in the Victim's Favor
hidden track

But Neither of You Were
This is precisely my point.

You are using POE but are not justifying your votes in that way. It seems to me that POE is a massive distraction then. Saying Scotty is bad is the opposite of your strategy, is it not?
I wasn't using POE by that point anymore and I'm still not.

Tell me, Dom. How is your continued questioning of me assisting you in determining my alignment for your and the town's benefit? Because at this point it feels to me like you're arguing semantics and I don't get the impression you really believe I am bad. I think you're using me and nitpicking minor points that are either inaccurate or I've already addressed (and you're saying I'm being not genuine, which I can't further defend because it's a mere gut interpretation) to make it appear as though you care about determining my alignment (i.e., you're town), but I don't see any reason to believe any of that is true.
I missed your post about dropping POE.
I'm going to be honest, I'm a bit peeved that you are expecting me to perfectly remember every post you've made when you have made almost 400 posts. Also, this is a post that is a giant NO U. I am asking questions that aren't particularly scathing about your motivations and posts. It's not about semantics. I don't understand why you are spinning my questions to minimize their weight.

I doubt Jay is faking a curse.
IDK where to vote. boom is making no sense. MP's frustration seems genuine.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Epignosis wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:Epi, re-reading sloonei just now I see very little content directed at JJJ. Sloonei has posted about (starting from most recently) Lorab, Scotty, metalmarsh (sort of, retracted later), dom, INH, whilgy. Why specifically did you mention JJJ there? besides that you're convinced for some reason he's faking his curse
I'm Not Convinced, and I Was Going By Memory
Gotcha.

If you think "people sloonei suspected" is a good line of thought, any of the ones listed could be worth examining
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

(except INH here's dead)
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

he's*
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Hey Little Bird, Do You Like Getting Lynched For Stupid Reasons?
No.

Which is why I'm not voting for AP, MP, or JJJ (even if he doesn't have any votes yet, he's certainly garnered suspicion). Or anyone else who has a vote today so far. I just don't see any other good cases outside of the one for Boomslang.

His Vote Was Rash and Poorly Thought Out, He Knew in Advanced He Wasn't Going to Be Around, and People Are Ganging Up on Him for an Inconsistency I Know Damn Well He Wouldn't Make if He Were In a League with Satan
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Linki: Then who is a better option? Give me a good reason to look at someone else and I will. I have the time to do so right now.
See, Here's the Thing: I'm Trying This Crazy Idea Where You Find All the Good Guys First and So Far It's Working Like Shit
:meany:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 522
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm sorry all. I should have walked away a bit sooner. Just was feeling a bit too emotionally overloaded. I'll be spending the bulk of my time on Lost Again since its EoD ends around this one, but I'll still try to catch up here and place a more meaningful vote.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

Epignosis wrote: His Vote Was Rash and Poorly Thought Out, He Knew in Advanced He Wasn't Going to Be Around, and People Are Ganging Up on Him for an Inconsistency I Know Damn Well He Wouldn't Make if He Were In a League with Satan
I take it you don't think there's any merit to the idea I posted earlier that boomslang knows timmer won't get lynched and wants to pretend they aren't teammates?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:IDK where to vote.
My sweetest friend
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Fuck this game. Seriously. I don't even care if you other townies win anymore.

MovingPictures07
HETHZBEMADWDGFLMCECRSALOKYHNENMTEKTXEJSYVQOPXMHNCKBJRIBNJHBDITEUMGUBXUMD
This curse sucks.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Epignosis wrote: His Vote Was Rash and Poorly Thought Out, He Knew in Advanced He Wasn't Going to Be Around, and People Are Ganging Up on Him for an Inconsistency I Know Damn Well He Wouldn't Make if He Were In a League with Satan
I take it you don't think there's any merit to the idea I posted earlier that boomslang knows timmer won't get lynched and wants to pretend they aren't teammates?
Short-Term Gain, Long-Term Loss
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LoRab wrote:For what it's worth, I think MP is civ.

I also think he should take a deep breath and come back to the game.

I'm voting A Person. At least for now. If they come back and give a reason for their post advocating for killing high posters, then I may reconsider.
The problem with an A Person lynch is that we're just taking a stab in the dark as to his alignment because there's not anything to judge.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:

I'm voting A Person. At least for now. If they come back and give a reason for their post advocating for killing high posters, then I may reconsider.
A Person Complained About Volume...He Could Have Killed the Source of the Volume (But He Didn't)
You're playing POE better than anyone here. :p
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
No.

His Vote Was Rash and Poorly Thought Out, He Knew in Advanced He Wasn't Going to Be Around, and People Are Ganging Up on Him for an Inconsistency I Know Damn Well He Wouldn't Make if He Were In a League with Satan
birdwithteeth11 wrote: Linki: Then who is a better option? Give me a good reason to look at someone else and I will. I have the time to do so right now.
See, Here's the Thing: I'm Trying This Crazy Idea Where You Find All the Good Guys First and So Far It's Working Like Shit
:meany:
Heck, if you're not going to be around, why go with a rash and poorly thought out reason? I don't get that train of thought.

Maybe you need to try a different methodology for this game then. ;)

Linki: MP, it's better to walk away from games if you start to feel that way. So no hard feelings there. Hoping you can contribute and give a more meaningful vote than a self-vote!

Linki2: I'm still waiting for Epig to suggest better options for today. But no luck there so far.

Linki3: Can we be "special friends" too? ;)

Linkis4-7: Screw it I'm posting first.

Linki8: FUCK OFF! :P
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

A Person Complained About Volume...He Could Have Killed the Source of the Volume (But He Didn't)
You're playing POE better than anyone here. :p
My sweetest friend!
Epignosis wrote:So Far It's Working Like Shit
I will let you down
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official

the one sock gif moving out of sync in golden's sig is driving me crazy

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Fuck this game. Seriously. I don't even care if you other townies win anymore.

MovingPictures07
HETHZBEMADWDGFLMCECRSALOKYHNENMTEKTXEJSYVQOPXMHNCKBJRIBNJHBDITEUMGUBXUMD
This curse sucks.
Indeed. Anyone have an idea what the code for it is?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Damn, this deadline came up fast (only 5 hours away).

The three players I'd vote for today are timmer, Boomslang, and Sockface.

Who else is cooking?
Why me?
Because you disputed my accusation without providing any evidence.

You're not number 1 on my list, but you're on it. In your defense, I didn't ask until just now.

Epignosis offers a good reason to not vote for APerson, so I won't be going that way today.
If that makes someone mafia-aligned, then literally every game every player would be mafia-aligned.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:
triceratopzeuhl wrote:
Short-Term Gain, Long-Term Loss
That thought kills a civvie and may or may not catch a baddie. So unless you think there's some significant chance timmer is bad, I'm not seeing it.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:

The problem with an A Person lynch is that we're just taking a stab in the dark as to his alignment because there's not anything to judge.
Yep. That and he's gotten lynched for some really shitty reasons before. As well as not posting much.

If he's civ, him being lynched now would fall into both categories.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JURRWOOUFETVXRFVGAACC
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Fine- Kill Boomer and I'll Be Back to Tell You I Told You Say and We Can Try This Again Tomorrow
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:JURRWOOUFETVXRFVGAACC
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
My sweetest friend

Return to “Previous Side Missions”