No votes
Marmot (Hosts/Nons/Deads)
50%

Total votes: 16
Mesk514
Posts in topic: 25

Re: Mountain Mafia [END]

Post by Mesk514 »

Thank you for the chance to participate, unfortunately the post volume was way too overwhelming and I was under the impression I would be subbed out as I asked twice to be. I guess that didn't happen! However, I am pleased to see town was still able to get through it. Congrats
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

dunya wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:15 pm I loved Marmot's game, but I do admit there were too many strong Power Roles for Town and made it almost impossible for a scum team to win. It's hard to balance a role madness game, but sometimes you have to give weaker roles or one shot things rather than several shots to everyone (Long Con had 3 powers, Quin had 3 shots, etc), and some roles that can be negative to town to balance the numbers. Also, I found speedchuck's win stipulation a little extreme. I mean, Mesk and malakim got a win from this game (I'm assuming sig didn't and was not simply accidentally written out from the winners post although Jay included him in the PM he sent out) and speedchuck didn't. 3p role is hard, esp one with 0 abilities whatsoever. I would have personally allowed him to win for simply surviving till the end with either faction considering he has no abilities to draw him closer to his win. And speedchuck made a hell of an effort. :beer:

I consider Long Con's bus driving save night 1 legit, but Sloonei to stop any lynch, Quin to be unkillable any 3 nights he chooses, Epi to survive first kill on him lynch or NK (and the ability for Chimborazo to borrow that ability?), and me to become immune to all night kills a few too many indestructible roles and makes it probably frustrating for the scum team. Also, Everest's role to be passed down indefinitely, while it never got down to that, but I also considered that too much in Town's favor. The Day 1 no lynch in the event of a tie was also a bit town-favored. Also, this game had masons. Imagine if DDL and Daisy had found each other.

I'm happy we won, I put a lot of effort into this game :p but I do think the odds were stacked against scum from the get-go so shout out to the scum team for lasting as long as they did tbh.
I think the problem with the unbusdrive was the sheer number of roles that don't target. It was like a >50% chance to be a roleblock.

Maybe that was intentional. Still. Felt out of place because the exception was the expected result.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

The other thing was a lot of powers that were highly visible without being highly interesting.

Taking someone's name off the pole might confirm a townie...and that's about it. Same for lynch saves. Arguably the strongest part of a soapbox, too.

Contrast things like clue cop, misdirector that are interesting to use but don't reveal townies.

Also possible to give town and scum a lynch stop or a soapbox and take the confirmedness out.

Or keep the setup from being open so you don't know if the good guys or bad guys stopped the lynch. Or go the Mass Effect route and not be sure which roles are really here. Or the Fire Emblem route and and not be sure which roles have which alignments.

Lots of ways the game could have been modified only slightly to greatly rebalance things.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Mesk514 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:10 am Thank you for the chance to participate, unfortunately the post volume was way too overwhelming and I was under the impression I would be subbed out as I asked twice to be. I guess that didn't happen! However, I am pleased to see town was still able to get through it. Congrats
I hope we didn't scare you off with the volume. This game was a bit extreme even by our standards. we're always a little intense, but not usually like this.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Marmot[/mention] your game was super neat, and it has regenerated my lust for travel. I want to see the big mountains. :bounce:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

Sweden doesn't have mountains really. a few ski slopes but they're so weak.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The highest point in Ohio is 1,550 feet (472 m). It's so pathetic.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

I think ours is 2100m.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I got to climb to the highest peak in Massachusetts earlier this year. It was neat. Not impressively high (3491 feet/1064 m), but a cool experience. This was my view:
I've also peaked Mt. washington, the highest point in New England (6148 feet/1917 m), three times now. That's a bigger hike. Mountains are cool.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”