Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Fiddler on the Roof Mafia

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:53 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:45 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:36 am why is "push Marmot" a viable scum strategy for Macdougall entering Day 3?
Attacking Marmot for lazy play, as if Marmot tends to be an overly-vocal, super-analytical player. Possibly ironic, because THAT looks like lazy play on Macdougall's part, going after Marmot for his extremely usual play.
I'm not sure this answers my question, so I'll rephrase: why does it make sense for macdougall, as scum, to pick Marmot of all people as his lynch target for the day?
I guess if I were a better Mafia player, I could figure out that answer. Unless it specifically makes NO sense, then it's a strategy a person could go with. If Marmot is Civ and Mac is bad, then it makes sense to try and get a Civ lynched, while also looking like you're doing some new, fresh hunting. In this instance, though, the new, fresh hunting looks stale.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:55 am Long Con- do me a favor, will ya? And go find mafia.
I'm trying.

Does anyone else have trouble with the two concurrent games?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:49 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:41 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:29 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:26 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:18 am Can anyone make an argument for Kyle to be town?
yes :/
Of the players you've ISO'd so far, who do you think is the most likely partner of LoRab?
at this point, long con
Tellmemore.gif
I believe SD's defenses and don't find her pre lorab death posts all that suspicious either. I believe Jay is doing his best and I also have a role in mind for him.

the fact that neither of LC nor LR discussed each other while doing so and convincing us that the other player was more likely to be scum would have been their only chance at survival is troubling.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:40 am Lorab:

lorabs push against epi was too consistent to be distancing, I see where Sloonei is coming from in the comment about buddying Nutella, asks about the LC case, doesn't seem to do anything with it. speed is an unlikely partner as well, same reason as epi. I don't see Sloonei as a partner either. Lorab doesn't seem to discuss long con at all, even near the end of day when the lynch is down to the two of them
:ponder:
stream of consciousness; I was commenting on lorabs pursuit of him. obviously his death makes him even less likely to be mafia
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 321

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:57 am
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:55 am Long Con- do me a favor, will ya? And go find mafia.
I'm trying.

I'm hosting the other one. Yes.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I'm trying.

No, I'm handling it pretty well over here.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:00 am

lorabs push against epi was too consistent to be distancing, I see where Sloonei is coming from in the comment about buddying Nutella, asks about the LC case, doesn't seem to do anything with it. speed is an unlikely partner as well, same reason as epi. I don't see Sloonei as a partner either. Lorab doesn't seem to discuss long con at all, even near the end of day when the lynch is down to the two of them
stream of consciousness; I was commenting on lorabs pursuit of him. obviously his death makes him even less likely to be mafia
Yeah. This makes me want to move my vote. I highly doubt a mafia member momentarily forgets they just killed a guy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:58 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:49 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:41 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:29 am
Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:26 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:18 am Can anyone make an argument for Kyle to be town?
yes :/
Of the players you've ISO'd so far, who do you think is the most likely partner of LoRab?
at this point, long con
Tellmemore.gif
I believe SD's defenses and don't find her pre lorab death posts all that suspicious either. I believe Jay is doing his best and I also have a role in mind for him.

the fact that neither of LC nor LR discussed each other while doing so and convincing us that the other player was more likely to be scum would have been their only chance at survival is troubling.
Well, if you read the lynch sober, you'll see that I came in after work last minute, and wasn't able to catch up, just voting to try to save myself. I didn't have a chance to investigate Lorab or anyone else.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Moved my vote to novaselinenever because I don't want to pile on LC or wilgy right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:03 am Well, if you read the lynch sober, you'll see that I came in after work last minute, and wasn't able to catch up, just voting to try to save myself. I didn't have a chance to investigate Lorab or anyone else.
so why the vote for epi?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm trying.

I was in three earlier today.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:03 amWell, if you read the lynch sober, you'll see that I came in after work last minute, and wasn't able to catch up, just voting to try to save myself. I didn't have a chance to investigate Lorab or anyone else.
you arrived around 8:40, so you had about a half hour to figure things out. you made about 6 or 7 posts. you asked about the case against yourself and responded to my directly asking you directly about why I shouldn't vote for you (and lorab and a secret player named jaggedjimmyjag). you didn't ask about the case against lorab or jay, or anyone else for that matter.

also:
Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:52 pmI had several tabs open, for catching up, writing responses, Mortal Kombat, etc, and when I realized that the time was running out, the poll I voted in had Epi as the best possibility to save myself. After my vote went in, though, there was some shifting due to last-few-minutes vote changing, and Lorab was my only way.
which parts of this thread did you prioritize while catching up last night? even if you weren't able to get caught up completely, you at least started. what was your focus in those 27 minutes?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:35 am @MacDougall, what do you say to LC's accusation that you're "dubiously shoehorning" Marmot into a lynch?
I would say that I have raised valid concerns and that his description is inaccurate.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:36 am why is "push Marmot" a viable scum strategy for Macdougall entering Day 3?
Attacking Marmot for lazy play, as if Marmot tends to be an overly-vocal, super-analytical player. Possibly ironic, because THAT looks like lazy play on Macdougall's part, going after Marmot for his extremely usual play.
I'm not sure this answers my question, so I'll rephrase: why does it make sense for macdougall, as scum, to pick Marmot of all people as his lynch target for the day?
I guess if I were a better Mafia player, I could figure out that answer. Unless it specifically makes NO sense, then it's a strategy a person could go with. If Marmot is Civ and Mac is bad, then it makes sense to try and get a Civ lynched, while also looking like you're doing some new, fresh hunting. In this instance, though, the new, fresh hunting looks stale.
Well I am doing my best to make a sensible case against a player I find suspicious. I also haven't just plucked him out of nowhere as you are suggesting.

I have been trying harder to solve the game than most. Yourself and Marmot included. I suggest you look elsewhere because I am a civ.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 135

Post by FZ. »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:01 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:56 am
Well I am doing my best to make a sensible case against a player I find suspicious. I also haven't just plucked him out of nowhere as you are suggesting.

I have been trying harder to solve the game than most. Yourself and Marmot included. I suggest you look elsewhere because I am a civ.
He's going after you because he's bad and he needs to put the blame somewhere...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I just reread this whole Mac/Marmot exchange and it's quite ridiculous. I think Mac is overreacting. Like, he's been my strongest town read all game, and I don't understand why Marmot is claiming to scumread him, but I don't think I agree with Mac's leap in confidently believing Marmot is bad for this. I have no reason to townread Marmot and he is a potential mafia, but I don't think this Mac business is particularly alignment-indicative, it's just Marmot being weird, as he tends to be. Idk, it could be scum or indie Marmot trying to pull some crazy gambit, but maybe he really does suspect Mac? I guess I wouldn't be opposed to a Marmot lynch today but I don't see why Mac is so confident.

....Or LC and Marmot are our two scum trying some bizarro strategy of pushing a lynch of one of the most widely townread people in the game. Crazy gambit time... I'd believe it coming from those two tbh :p

.........Or Mac has been bad this whole time..... but seriously I would eat a pack of tinfoil if that turned out to be the case.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:14 am :ponder:

I just reread this whole Mac/Marmot exchange and it's quite ridiculous. I think Mac is overreacting. Like, he's been my strongest town read all game, and I don't understand why Marmot is claiming to scumread him, but I don't think I agree with Mac's leap in confidently believing Marmot is bad for this. I have no reason to townread Marmot and he is a potential mafia, but I don't think this Mac business is particularly alignment-indicative, it's just Marmot being weird, as he tends to be. Idk, it could be scum or indie Marmot trying to pull some crazy gambit, but maybe he really does suspect Mac? I guess I wouldn't be opposed to a Marmot lynch today but I don't see why Mac is so confident.

....Or LC and Marmot are our two scum trying some bizarro strategy of pushing a lynch of one of the most widely townread people in the game. Crazy gambit time... I'd believe it coming from those two tbh :p

.........Or Mac has been bad this whole time..... but seriously I would eat a pack of tinfoil if that turned out to be the case.

Lorem ipsum
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'm down to Kyle or Daisy after we lynch LC. Sure, it can also be Nova (not even sure about his name), but if so, then I don't even care...

LC has not been playing his regular game, I don't care what he says. He's being more diplomatic (in LC standards) than he usually is. Taking less of a stand and like I said, asking more questions and clarifications than I expect him to.

Some of Daisy's actions and stances are questionable, but her tone feels more genuine, and then there's kyle who has been talked about the entire game. He feels a lot more careful than Daisy to me, which makes me say he's the last baddie over her, but who knows
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

FZ. wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:36 am I'm down to Kyle or Daisy after we lynch LC. Sure, it can also be Nova (not even sure about his name), but if so, then I don't even care...

LC has not been playing his regular game, I don't care what he says. He's being more diplomatic (in LC standards) than he usually is. Taking less of a stand and like I said, asking more questions and clarifications than I expect him to.

Some of Daisy's actions and stances are questionable, but her tone feels more genuine, and then there's kyle who has been talked about the entire game. He feels a lot more careful than Daisy to me, which makes me say he's the last baddie over her, but who knows
I presume you believe Marmot to be a civ then?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:00 am
FZ. wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:36 am I'm down to Kyle or Daisy after we lynch LC. Sure, it can also be Nova (not even sure about his name), but if so, then I don't even care...

I presume you believe Marmot to be a civ then?
Not sold on it, but yeah
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

Mazel Tov
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

24 hours ago I felt good that one of Daisy or Kyle was bad, but they've both done things thay prompt me tk change my mind. Long Con has not, so he's emerged as my top suspect, but the other two have complicated things for me and I've begun to second guess some of my town reads.
It could just be LC and NVN as the remaining baddies, but I'm not comfortable banking on that. We've also got an indie role that might be worth worrying about.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Does anyone else feel like this is as strong as I think it is? Kyle made this post well after speedchuck's death have been revealed. I don't see scum kyle overlooking or forgetting his own nightkill victim.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 514
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:55 pm

Does anyone else feel like this is as strong as I think it is? Kyle made this post well after speedchuck's death have been revealed. I don't see scum kyle overlooking or forgetting his own nightkill victim.
The obvious counterpoint would be:

"It was intentional. Kyle stuck that in there on purpose to make it look like he forgot who he just killed."

And that's the sort of point that is usually crap. I wouldn't call that the best slam-dunk reason to read Kyle as a civilian, but it doesn't hurt his case at all.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Is there an argument for Long Con to be town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

we're also going to have to figure out what to do with NVN sooner or later. He seems to be stretched pretty thin mafia-wise, and it doesn't appear that he's going to dump a load of content on us any time soon. His spot seems doomed to sit around in single-digit posts for this game. As the POE pool continues to shrink, his spot does not budge.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:09 pm Is there an argument for Long Con to be town?
I think it can fairly be reduced to his mega-post/case on speedchuck. If you read that thing and see nothing but a glowing beacon of sincerity, then that would be telling. At first I thought it was a nice look, not simply for being effortful, but for being well-conceived. I think my initial reception was colored by the influence "Epi/JJJ" had over it though. I don't have to think too hard to place a mafia LC in the shoes of that post's creator.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:11 pm we're also going to have to figure out what to do with NVN sooner or later. He seems to be stretched pretty thin mafia-wise, and it doesn't appear that he's going to dump a load of content on us any time soon. His spot seems doomed to sit around in single-digit posts for this game. As the POE pool continues to shrink, his spot does not budge.
The early returns across a few games seem to indicate that this is what should be expected from novaselinenever -- not just a lower post count, but also a lack of concrete [or any] reads. This means that reading him as mafia would amount to little better than a guess. Like you said though, he is never going to be left out of any POE pool playing this way and remains a valid suspect if not necessarily a compelling one.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:27 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:03 amWell, if you read the lynch sober, you'll see that I came in after work last minute, and wasn't able to catch up, just voting to try to save myself. I didn't have a chance to investigate Lorab or anyone else.
you arrived around 8:40, so you had about a half hour to figure things out. you made about 6 or 7 posts. you asked about the case against yourself and responded to my directly asking you directly about why I shouldn't vote for you (and lorab and a secret player named jaggedjimmyjag). you didn't ask about the case against lorab or jay, or anyone else for that matter.

also:
Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:52 pmI had several tabs open, for catching up, writing responses, Mortal Kombat, etc, and when I realized that the time was running out, the poll I voted in had Epi as the best possibility to save myself. After my vote went in, though, there was some shifting due to last-few-minutes vote changing, and Lorab was my only way.
which parts of this thread did you prioritize while catching up last night? even if you weren't able to get caught up completely, you at least started. what was your focus in those 27 minutes?
I also liked this post from Kyle and am waiting patiently for an answer from LC. There seems to be a discrepancy between LC Post #1 ("I didn't have a chance to investigate Lorab or anyone else.") and LC Post #2 ("I had several tabs open, for catching up."). The first, which is a retrospective summary from LC, suggests he was totally at a loss. The second, which came closer to the heat of the moment, implies he had been actively working to catch up. This is not a slam dunk, and this line of scum hunting usually produces more messiness than successful lynches, but this looks to me like a player fumbling over their words and fudging the story of their vote behavior. Epi has also called into question the validity of LC's excuse about "last-minute vote changing". I don't like LC's aura from EOD2 and I don't feel like he's adequately addressed any of the concerns around him today, nor do I feel like he's presented any insightful arguments for an alternative candidate. I'm open to a theory against Mac, but I'm not seeing it yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 43

Post by novaselinenever »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:11 pm we're also going to have to figure out what to do with NVN sooner or later. He seems to be stretched pretty thin mafia-wise, and it doesn't appear that he's going to dump a load of content on us any time soon. His spot seems doomed to sit around in single-digit posts for this game. As the POE pool continues to shrink, his spot does not budge.
The only info I would have is that I think you guys are right about LC, but wrong about him. He reads Mafia and I don't see any case being made of him as Town
novaselinenever
Hitman

Lynching him would be a great idea.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:26 am @MacDougall

I feel like you are playing a mafia game that parallels the one the rest of us our playing, like you're not playing this game fully, with your teammate compatibility angle.

I don't understand this post.

You blamed me for Spacedaisy's lynch. :meany:
Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:35 am
Marmot wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:26 am @MacDougall

I feel like you are playing a mafia game that parallels the one the rest of us our playing, like you're not playing this game fully, with your teammate compatibility angle.

I don't understand this post.

You blamed me for Spacedaisy's lynch. :meany:
That's fair because I feel the same way. My perspectives are different to most. This always happens. When I find Mafia they tend to be the players everyone else misses and I am blind to the ones the majority catch.

I thought I explained very clearly why I went to group 3. The players I had scum reads on in group 1 and 2 were either not up for lynch or posting content that made me doubt my reads. I even made a point of saying it's time to consider that there are a lot of mafia in group 3. I picked you two out mostly because you were more front of mind than the others.

You were the one who posed whether I would feel differently if Daisy were the one catching votes when you were. And that was what caught my hastily thought through vote that ended up stuck on her wagon.

I haven't solved you. Some of your content looks civvie but I am gut reading you scum.
Spacedaisy wasn't up for a lynch... Until she suddenly was.

My point was, you went for the low-hanging fruit, Dr. Wilgy and Marmot. I'm also pretty sure also stated that the thread was moving in the direction of lynching me because of you (although I can't find that post right now). You're capable of doing such things, so why not push it towards a higher-profile suspect?

I don't think you cared that Spacedaisy was lynched. I get that you voted her in the end, but I'm not sure how meaningful it was.

These were my original beefs with Mac.

Another note to consider was that he originally placed his vote on me on Day 1 because no other player was suspicious enough to lynch, except for nutella, who he didn't have the gumption to lynch. So Mac also found evidence to fit his narrative and back up a vote that was not made on such grounds.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:42 pm
The only info I would have is that I think you guys are right about LC, but wrong about him. He reads Mafia and I don't see any case being made of him as Town
Eh?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
novaselinenever
Hitman

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:47 pm
Eh?
lol wrong about me. I've my names in red/yellow in several rainbows
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:54 pm
Eh?
What is it about LC that you think looks like mafia?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What makes you say this?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:55 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:54 pm
Eh?
What is it about LC that you think looks like mafia?
His excuses of trying to catch up and then casting a vote to save himself at the end of the day. He made some post and was around for a bit before casting that vote. He also didn't question him or voice anything against him. It seems like he was just trying to throw excuses for his change of vote.
I also didn't get his whole 'didn't have a chance to investigate Lorab or others'. He's also been asking a lot of simple, which seems weird.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:02 pm
What makes you say this?
Just gave my thoughts to JJJ. Read above
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Do you have any other reads to share, [mention]novaselinenever[/mention]? I'd even be happy if you could just go through the list of remaining players and give a simple "Good" or "Bad" read for each of them. Of course, any more detailed reads you might be able to shade would be superb as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
novaselinenever
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm Do you have any other reads to share, @novaselinenever? I'd even be happy if you could just go through the list of remaining players and give a simple "Good" or "Bad" read for each of them. Of course, any more detailed reads you might be able to shade would be superb as well.

Daisy Good
Dizzy Good
Epi Good
FZ Good
JJJ Good
Kyle Good
LC Mafia
Mac 2nd Mafia/3rd Party
Marmot 2nd Mafia/3rd Party
NVN Great
Nutella Good
Sloonei Good
Wilgy Good
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:43 pmLynching him would be a great idea.
him is nvn?
novaselinenever
Hitman

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:39 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:43 pmLynching him would be a great idea.
him is nvn?
Him is LC. NVN is a fellow townie
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

sorry I didn't realize that was a post made by you.
I thought the "him"s here was referring to a separate entity so I got confused.
novaselinenever
Hitman

Kylemii wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:50 pm sorry I didn't realize that was a post made by you.
I thought the "him"s here was referring to a separate entity so I got confused.
Yeah, made a typo. The first 'him' should have been a 'me'.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've been struggling to articulate why I think the tied lynch poll indicates a LoRab/Long Con scum pairing, but here it is: if only one of them was scum, I think we would have seen a push to save that one of them. There was no such push and the votes just kind of fell into place, with each of them having a more or less equal shot at being lynched. It was left in the hands of the rabbi without anyone being exposed by making a desperate heavento save a partner... except maybe Long Con for his brief Epi vote.

Granted, some of these votes came down in a quick flurry right around the deadline, and this theory assumes a somewhat complete coordination from the scum team. But if Long Con is bad then that's 2/3 right there. If it was just the two of them online at the time, then I could also see them hoping that we'd look past the survivor of the lynch under the assumption that they were the counterwagon to a baddie lynch.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I put my vote on Long Con because I'll be at work all night and don't see my decision changing at the moment.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Huh. Sudden burst of content from NVN heavily pushing an LC lynch. Very odd.

I'm feeling pretty confident in an LC lynch at the moment and voting accordingly.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
novaselinenever
Hitman

nutella wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:00 pm Huh. Sudden burst of content from NVN heavily pushing an LC lynch. Very odd.

I'm feeling pretty confident in an LC lynch at the moment and voting accordingly.
Just clearing my name. Sloonei asked to hear from me, I delivered. But it's all I have so far.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:35 pmMac 2nd Mafia/3rd Party
Marmot 2nd Mafia/3rd Party
I'm interested in these reads, NVN. You list them both as potentially being either mafia or 3rd party. what stands out about these two, and which do you think is more likely to be mafia, and which is more likely to be 3rd party?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:00 pm Huh. Sudden burst of content from NVN heavily pushing an LC lynch. Very odd.

Just clearing my name. Sloonei asked to hear from me, I delivered. But it's all I have so far.
For some reason I believe this. I'm gullible.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”