Moderator: Community Team

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Assassination Classroom [DAY 4]

Post by juliets »

So [mention]Marmot[/mention] , I see you were here but did not answer my question. Did you vote for me because you thought I was trying to steer people away from Jack which is the post you linked or because you thought I was trying to steer people away from my low poster teammate? Why exactly did you vote me? Are you bad?
juliets wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:30 am
Marmot wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:17 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:56 pm Lynch Jack, vig INH. IF INH isn't bad, lynch juliets. That's my ideal plan going forward. I think juliets is bad, and maybe trying to steer the vig away from her actual low-poster teammate.
That's the feeling I got too from this post.
@Marmot your link took me to a post I made about Jack. Are you saying it looked like I was steering people away from my teammate Jack?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 777
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Assassination Classroom [NIGHT 4]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:02 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:28 pm Your suspicion is understandable, Scotty. Perhaps even correct in part. I don’t suck this bad an expect people to trust me.

You’re wrong about me though. There’s little else I can say. I don’t think you’re bad. I’m lynching literally any no-show. I hardly care which.
Can you just be a sacrifice for the sanity of the townies?
Not via lynch. I don't think I'd be a good vigilante target either with three players alive who should probably be modkilled, but I am not going to throw a fit.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:06 pm @JaggedJimmyJay or whomever is good at math, how far are we away from actual m/lylo?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:54 pm There are 8 civilians left, perhaps with kill(s) coming. Worst-case scenario, two civilians die this night phase, and that leaves us in a 6 vs. 4 LyLo. Normally that would be MyLo, but the presence of a vigilante who is obligated to shoot changes that dynamic. If one civilian dies (with or without a mafioso dying as well), then it shouldn't be LyLo -- it'd be one mislynch shy.

A POE pool of 5 must now include all four mafia members to be successful AND they must be lynched in a proper order (if the unlynchable boss gets lynched out of turn, that's a disaster and might lose us the game on its own, which is why I have always hated those roles). It isn't impossible, but it's goddamned difficult.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 110
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:24 pm So @Marmot , I see you were here but did not answer my question. Did you vote for me because you thought I was trying to steer people away from Jack which is the post you linked or because you thought I was trying to steer people away from my low poster teammate? Why exactly did you vote me? Are you bad?
Long Con wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 7:56 pm Lynch Jack, vig INH. IF INH isn't bad, lynch juliets. That's my ideal plan going forward. I think juliets is bad, and maybe trying to steer the vig away from her actual low-poster teammate.
@Marmot your link took me to a post I made about Jack. Are you saying it looked like I was steering people away from my teammate Jack?
It was actually the next post, where you said that you would have voted inh to give the vig the option to kill him instead.

But I also didn't think Jack was bad, and it sounded like you only voted him because Jay and Mac did too.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Marmot wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 6:48 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:24 pm So @Marmot , I see you were here but did not answer my question. Did you vote for me because you thought I was trying to steer people away from Jack which is the post you linked or because you thought I was trying to steer people away from my low poster teammate? Why exactly did you vote me? Are you bad?
It was actually the next post, where you said that you would have voted inh to give the vig the option to kill him instead.

But I also didn't think Jack was bad, and it sounded like you only voted him because Jay and Mac did too.
No, actually I never voted Jack. When JJJ asked me a question about not voting Jack I told him the only reason for me to consider it was because he and Mac were voting Jack and I didn't think that was a good enough reason. I just never saw the issue with Jack. Thank you for clarifying your post.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Is there anyone you do see an issue with, juliets?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:21 pm Is there anyone you do see an issue with, juliets?
Is it legitimate to talk about who's been online and who hasn't? I definitely think one or more of the low posters is bad.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:21 pm Is there anyone you do see an issue with, juliets?
Is it legitimate to talk about who's been online and who hasn't? I definitely think one or more of the low posters is bad.
It is absolutely legitimate. Anything at all that leads you to believe someone might be bad should be discussed. We have little left to lose at this point.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:29 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:27 pm
It is absolutely legitimate. Anything at all that leads you to believe someone might be bad should be discussed. We have little left to lose at this point.
Well I see that Dom has been online during this night (and didn't post) and Penny has not been here since Wednesday. There's still an hour left of night but unless Penny shows up I'll will be less inclined to vote him tomorrow. Nova and INH have both been here. I'm most suspicious that Dom was here and didn't post - did he just turn in a night action?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 397
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:56 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:06 pm @JaggedJimmyJay or whomever is good at math, how far are we away from actual m/lylo?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 1:54 pm There are 8 civilians left, perhaps with kill(s) coming. Worst-case scenario, two civilians die this night phase, and that leaves us in a 6 vs. 4 LyLo. Normally that would be MyLo, but the presence of a vigilante who is obligated to shoot changes that dynamic. If one civilian dies (with or without a mafioso dying as well), then it shouldn't be LyLo -- it'd be one mislynch shy.

A POE pool of 5 must now include all four mafia members to be successful AND they must be lynched in a proper order (if the unlynchable boss gets lynched out of turn, that's a disaster and might lose us the game on its own, which is why I have always hated those roles). It isn't impossible, but it's goddamned difficult.
so...... as of right now we have a cushion space of about 4 deaths, including lynches and night kills, before we're unreconcilably fucked by math? which equates to about 2 cycles?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

is that accurate
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 235

Post by wolbre04 »

I'm going to be gone a lot during this weekend because I work 12-13 hour overnights and my sleep schedule changes heavily. If I survive the night (because these actions have been fucking bizarre) I think that there HAS to be 1-2 mafia in the inactive pool. If Juliets saw Dom online shortly ago for a brief period, I think that could be a good lead and an excellent, albeit difficult to evaluate catch. In order of how willing I am to lynch each inactive at this time
(There isn't much of a gap between each unless noted - I'm going to try and color code this based on my preferences for a lynch among them)
Dom (based on juliets plausible theory)
Penny - Said he would read and post, never did
Nova - About on the same level as Nova
INH - Minimal posts since his return, but he is no longer AWOL, so I guess that's something positive comparatively
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's better to measure your margin for error in mislynches rather than the number of deaths. If only one civilian dies this phase, we'll have one mislynch left before LyLo. If we have a no-lynch (either by lynching the mafia boss or the independent), it'll be mathematically equivalent [or close] to lynching a civilian.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

My vision isn't that great and INHs color should be slightly more orange, but still less so than Penny and Nova's color
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

wolbre04 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:54 pm I'm going to be gone a lot during this weekend because I work 12-13 hour overnights and my sleep schedule changes heavily. If I survive the night (because these actions have been fucking bizarre) I think that there HAS to be 1-2 mafia in the inactive pool. If Juliets saw Dom online shortly ago for a brief period, I think that could be a good lead and an excellent, albeit difficult to evaluate catch. In order of how willing I am to lynch each inactive at this time
(There isn't much of a gap between each unless noted - I'm going to try and color code this based on my preferences for a lynch among them)
INH - Minimal posts since his return, but he is no longer AWOL, so I guess that's something positive comparatively
I'll bump this because it cut split from my edit note in preview
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That team wouldn't surprise me, wolbre.

Only one of them deserves to win the game though if true (nova). The others haven't actually played it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

wolbre04 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:54 pm I'm going to be gone a lot during this weekend because I work 12-13 hour overnights and my sleep schedule changes heavily. If I survive the night (because these actions have been fucking bizarre) I think that there HAS to be 1-2 mafia in the inactive pool. If Juliets saw Dom online shortly ago for a brief period, I think that could be a good lead and an excellent, albeit difficult to evaluate catch. In order of how willing I am to lynch each inactive at this time
wolbre, just a quick clarification. You can go to Quick Link, Members, and then the members name and see the last time they were online. Thats where I saw that Dom was on at 11:xx pm last night and thats how I saw the Penny hasn't been on since Wednesday.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:58 pm wolbre, just a quick clarification. You can go to Quick Link, Members, and then the members name and see the last time they were online. Thats where I saw that Dom was on at 11:xx pm last night and thats how I saw the Penny hasn't been on since Wednesday.
I think this may only be visible to moderators.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:56 pm That team wouldn't surprise me, wolbre.

Only one of them deserves to win the game though if true (nova). The others haven't actually played it.
I also understand the situation Quin is in, I've had 25ish games I've hosted where everyone commits to playing, and then I'll get a small handful of people who afk. It's especially hard for town to find potential mafia in inactives because they expect them to be modkilled :/

Would it be a waste to ask someone on my home forum if they want to sub in?
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:59 pm
juliets wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:58 pm wolbre, just a quick clarification. You can go to Quick Link, Members, and then the members name and see the last time they were online. Thats where I saw that Dom was on at 11:xx pm last night and thats how I saw the Penny hasn't been on since Wednesday.
Seriously? Before I was a mod I was able to see it but that was the old syndicate. I apologize if it is only a mod view, I would have never said it had I known.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

I can manually click members on the very bottom and search each player and check their profile, GTF has the same system running on BB code :)
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

wolbre04 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:03 pm
I can manually click members on the very bottom and search each player and check their profile, GTF has the same system running on BB code :)
This site is actually easy to navigate because of how familiar I am with the framework and formatting of posts
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

wolbre04 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:02 pm Would it be a waste to ask someone on my home forum if they want to sub in?
That is up to Quin of course, and we're always happy to have newcomers. In this case though, it may be best to wait for a new game. This one is quite late now, and dire for at least one side.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:04 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:02 pm Would it be a waste to ask someone on my home forum if they want to sub in?
That is up to Quin of course, and we're always happy to have newcomers. In this case though, it may be best to wait for a new game. This one is quite late now, and dire for at least one side.
I'll leave it be then. 2500 Posts is a lot to have someone weed through to get to phase 5
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

wolbre04 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:04 pm
wolbre04 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:03 pm
This site is actually easy to navigate because of how familiar I am with the framework and formatting of posts
I think if a member chooses to hide their online status, it will hide that too.

(I could be wrong though).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:55 pm It's better to measure your margin for error in mislynches rather than the number of deaths. If only one civilian dies this phase, we'll have one mislynch left before LyLo. If we have a no-lynch (either by lynching the mafia boss or the independent), it'll be mathematically equivalent [or close] to lynching a civilian.
I guess that's true. i was thinking in terms of number of deaths because with 2 vigilantes there could be anywhere from 1-3 deaths tonight.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Quin »

wolbre04 wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:04 pm
I'll leave it be then. 2500 Posts is a lot to have someone weed through to get to phase 5
Definitely bring them over. But as 3J said maybe it's not the best to have their first game here a mid/late-game sub.

I have been trying to get a replacement lined up though. Just haven't had much luck with Greece and the Genius both running. :shrug2:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

@mafia

kill me off so i can replace back in in a new role
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Night 4 has ended.

Scotty was killed.
He was Kaede Kayano.

Day 5 has begun and will end in 24 hours.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

RIP Kylemii Scotty.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Predictable kill, but smart. That suggests to me that it wasn't randomized.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Assassination Classroom [DAY 5]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

No vigilante shot.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Sorry to see you go Scotty. I have really enjoyed having you back.

Too bad about our vig kill.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

7:4:1 is the present ratio. We have one mislynch left, or more accurately: one lynch of anything other than a mafioso who dies by that lynch.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: insertnamehere] aubergine

He's the absentee I think is most suspicious given his play on Day 0/1, and his recent return raises concerns as well. He was clearly aware of Scotty's desire to lynch me, which gives him a motive to kill Scotty (or to recommend that kill). He also defended me despite likely not being caught up, or even close, with the thread to this point. His level of awareness exceeds his posture in the game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm gone for the night but will be back first thing in the morning. Looks like good reasoning J but I need to think through it when I'm fresh.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

:/
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:39 pm Predictable kill, but smart. That suggests to me that it wasn't randomized.
Predictable why?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:46 pm I'm gone for the night but will be back first thing in the morning. Looks like good reasoning J but I need to think through it when I'm fresh.
Please do. Lord knows my reads have been worth shit all game.

Someone argue with me if you think there's a reason for it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm gonna be gone pretty much the entire day phase.

I'm gonna follow Jay's vote, because I don't know what else to do, nor do I have time to make another decision.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:39 pm Predictable kill, but smart. That suggests to me that it wasn't randomized.
Predictable why?
Killing Scotty is win-win for a mafia team who is paying attention to the recent thread. He's active and trying, so to silence that is inherently ideal. Moreover, he is wrong about at least one of his loud clamorings (and by my measure the loudest of them): his desire to lynch me. I am not surprised they decided to do that. I look bad and now I look worse.

It's plausible one of the other Scotty targets was involved, i.e. juliets or Mac, but I won't extend the theorizing that far -- at least not until I have properly dug.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:49 pm I'm gonna be gone pretty much the entire day phase.

I'm gonna follow Jay's vote, because I don't know what else to do, nor do I have time to make another decision.

Do you trust me, Marmot?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Quin wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:36 am Image
Rinka Hayami: A sniper proficient in taking down moving targets. At night, she has a 75% chance of killing one player who received votes in the last lynch. If her target is also targeting her, she will fire with 100% accuracy and will evade any protections or blocks.
Something I did not consider which might indicate we were all interpreting this incorrectly: the highlighted term might mean this role is only one-shot (and that Epignosis was that shot). [mention]Quin[/mention] could you confirm or deny (the number of shots, not the target or any such thing)?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:53 pm
Quin wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 8:36 am Image
Rinka Hayami: A sniper proficient in taking down moving targets. At night, she has a 75% chance of killing one player who received votes in the last lynch. If her target is also targeting her, she will fire with 100% accuracy and will evade any protections or blocks.
Something I did not consider which might indicate we were all interpreting this incorrectly: the highlighted term might mean this role is only one-shot (and that Epignosis was that shot). @Quin could you confirm or deny (the number of shots, not the target or any such thing)?
Correct. I apologise if my wording wasn't clear. Both of the snipers are one-shots.
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 46

Post by insertnamehere »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:44 pm [VOTE: insertnamehere] aubergine

He's the absentee I think is most suspicious given his play on Day 0/1, and his recent return raises concerns as well. He was clearly aware of Scotty's desire to lynch me, which gives him a motive to kill Scotty (or to recommend that kill). He also defended me despite likely not being caught up, or even close, with the thread to this point. His level of awareness exceeds his posture in the game.
Can't really say that I'm surprised by this, or that I really have that much to defend myself with. I will say that this post:
insertnamehere wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 4:19 pmWhy is JJJ bad? Is it because he's *GASP* fallible in this game, or is there something more specific?
...wasn't intended to be a "defense" of you, but a legitimate inquiry to see if there was more to his suspicion. I have little to no context for these recent posts, and when Scotty came out against you, I was trying to discern if there were some events behind it that I wasn't aware of. Right now, my strategy is to just go with the case that makes the most sense to me.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

With that being said, the case that makes the most sense to me with my uber-limited knowledge of what the fuck has happened in this game is the one against Dom. Dude's been AWOL, he isn't usually AWOL, and he lacks any kind of reasonable excuse for being AWOL. Plus there's the shenanigans that Juliets was talking about, where he might be lurking in the thread.

:shrug:

[VOTE: DOM] aubergine

It's all I've got right now. If people want to link me to cases, I'll read them and give my opinion on them.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:51 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:49 pm I'm gonna be gone pretty much the entire day phase.

Do you trust me, Marmot?
I haven't given this game enough attention to trust anyone.

But you've been the most vocal, and there's no point in me getting my tinfoil hat out right now, so I'm going to follow your vote.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Marmot wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 9:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:51 pm

Do you trust me, Marmot?
I haven't given this game enough attention to trust anyone.

But you've been the most vocal, and there's no point in me getting my tinfoil hat out right now, so I'm going to follow your vote.
I've read roughly 10 pages of this game, and even I realize that this is a little bit ridiculous.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

so we're possibly looking at a mafia that's partially absent and partially completely up to date
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

god what a stupid post lol

Return to “Previous Side Missions”