Moderator: Community Team

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 118
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: [Night 3] The Shawshank Redemption Mafia

Post by Mongoose »

It's very reasonable this time of year, so take your time and don't feel bad about it! Safe travels.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:It's very reasonable this time of year, so take your time and don't feel bad about it! Safe travels.
I can still post, but I can't host. Can't sleep, truth be told. Do you do anything Jewish-ish for the holidays?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:It's very reasonable this time of year, so take your time and don't feel bad about it! Safe travels.
I can still post, but I can't host. Can't sleep, truth be told. Do you do anything Jewish-ish for the holidays?
I went to a seder with my next-door neighbor. And ate my weight in latkes and cherry afikoman. Super fun. I also have my dreidl out. I had a menorah but it's been put away now than Hannukah is over. The Christmas tree is now up, woot.

My favorite thing to say to a recently-dumped Jewish pal is "Don't worry, Bubbe. There's lots more Gefilte Fish left in the sea."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 108

Re: [Night 2] The Shawshank Redemption Mafia

Post by Dom »

Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Post your favorite Bible verse. State why. Argue.
"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)
Reminds me of how sexist religion tends to be. And makes me sick. :D
Call me old fashion, but I don't mind not being head of the household. I am happy to submit (most of the time :p ) I enjoy my wifely/motherly role. It is what I've always aspired to do.
And that's fine! But not all women should be subject to that if they do not wish to. ;) That's my point.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:
"Wives should be subordinate to their husbands as to the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22)
Call me old fashion, but I don't mind not being head of the household. I am happy to submit (most of the time :p ) I enjoy my wifely/motherly role. It is what I've always aspired to do.
And that's fine! But not all women should be subject to that if they do not wish to. ;) That's my point.
Eloh once said to me: "I must marry a guy I know I can submit to." Imagine what kind of pressure that put on ME.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I went to a seder with my next-door neighbor. And ate my weight in latkes and cherry afikoman. Super fun. I also have my dreidl out. I had a menorah but it's been put away now than Hannukah is over. The Christmas tree is now up, woot.

My favorite thing to say to a recently-dumped Jewish pal is "Don't worry, Bubbe. There's lots more Gefilte Fish left in the sea."
I am not Jewish, but I sometimes pray in Hebrew. Is that weird?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Nah, it certainly has a definitely flow.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
johns2jj
Posts in topic: 50

Post by johns2jj »

Dom wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:
johns2jj

Post by johns2jj »

Dom wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:
with how society is moving towards androgyne and the easing of gender roles people are going to stop acting out roles and start being themselves. Or so I believe.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Nah, it certainly has a definitely flow.
"Blessed are you oh Lord our God, king of the universe, who brings forth bread from the earth" was one of my favorites.

I went to synagogue once many years ago. After the service, these people had a feast and were downing Wild Turkey. I was but 19, but my thought was, "Jesus! These people can't have bacon-wrapped shrimp or a cheeseburger, but damn if they aren't making up for it!"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

johns2jj wrote:
Dom wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:
with how society is moving towards androgyne and the easing of gender roles people are going to stop acting out roles and start being themselves. Or so I believe.
There's no such thing as "society." :p
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 157

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote: There's no such thing as "society." :p
Amen.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:
Eloh once said to me: "I must marry a guy I know I can submit to." Imagine what kind of pressure that put on ME.
:politegiggle:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 153

Post by FZ. »

I've been voting for Lizzie for 3 days now, yet no one seems to question me, nor do they talk about it or think of following me. I find that very weird. The only person that does reply to my posts about her is A person and he always defends her. So I'm thinking are they BTSC and everyone figured it out already? If so, is that why no baddies are trying to latch on? If so, why is no one suspicious of me for going after her?
If they are not BTSC, why is he protecting her like that, and why doesn't it raise any red flags for anyone?
If you all are just ignoring me and my suspicions, I guess I'll just go and sit in the dark :sigh:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Oh, and I hope I'm allowed to talk about the roles in that way. I don't think I was saying something I shouldn't, bu in case I was, I'm sorry
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Vompatti »

As far as I know Lizzy is a confirmed civvie. :srsnod:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 67
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

FZ. wrote:I've been voting for Lizzie for 3 days now, yet no one seems to question me, nor do they talk about it or think of following me. I find that very weird. The only person that does reply to my posts about her is A person and he always defends her. So I'm thinking are they BTSC and everyone figured it out already? If so, is that why no baddies are trying to latch on? If so, why is no one suspicious of me for going after her?
If they are not BTSC, why is he protecting her like that, and why doesn't it raise any red flags for anyone?
If you all are just ignoring me and my suspicions, I guess I'll just go and sit in the dark :sigh:
Yay, plane WiFi! It's too hard to mafia on my phone to build theories, so that will happen later today or tomorrow, but I wanted to respond to this.

FZ, sorry people are ignoring you! I think it's a question of expectations. Lizzy often posts infrequently. I'm not sure whether it's her style or that she travels. Vomps ALWAYS defends her, and usually A Person too. So it's probably not fair at all (especially to Mr Thomas), but people are so used to it that it just doesn't ping us any more.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 206

Post by S~V~S »

Well, as Lizzy pointed out when I voted her earlier (which led me to reread her across the board), the game where she was really high participation, she was bad, plus that was a sock game and she was wearing a persona. Vomp tends to post somewhat more on topic when he is bad in my experience as well, having hosted him in 6FU. BUT in the first game he ever played, Hard Rock at the Piano, he played a beautiful bad game where most of his posts consisted of "Bump", lol, although he did post some on topic content as well. He was so charming we actually apologized for lynching him. So :shrug:

I tend to view them (and A Person & Boats, to a lesser extent) as people playing for reasons other than more traditional reasons for playing Mafia, avant garde Mafia players if you will. As i said previously, I think they are somewhat more topical in BTS situations. So I no longer necessarily think she is bad based on her low posting. Prior experience as well as my reread lead me to rather the opposite conclusion.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by A Person »

Vompatti wrote:As far as I know Lizzy is a confirmed civvie. :srsnod:
ture :srsnod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Haven't had a chance to read this totlly sorry guys and I have to go now, will definitely be back late tnight
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Has anyone else noticed that we have seen no sign of the SK yet? I mean, his role doesn't say that he actually gets NKs, but given his name I think he would. It is odd that after three days he hasn't poked his head out.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well it is still night 3, so he has only missed 2 nights so far. He could have missed a PM and been blocked one night, or he could be Devin. He could have chosen to hold his kill, although I see no reason at this point for someone to do that in this game. Lets see if we hear from him tonight.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Lizzy »

Huzzah for prolonged night period. I don't have a favouite quote, butt, I like the way Robert Powell delivered this line (almost) in the film
Matthew 26:52 wrote: Then saith Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into its place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
here k
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Lizzy wrote:Huzzah for prolonged night period. I don't have a favouite quote, butt, I like the way Robert Powell delivered this line (almost) in the film
Matthew 26:52 wrote: Then saith Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into its place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
here k
This video contains content from The Orchard Music, Syntax Distribution and Lionsgate, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Mongoose wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Huzzah for prolonged night period. I don't have a favouite quote, butt, I like the way Robert Powell delivered this line (almost) in the film
here k
This video contains content from The Orchard Music, Syntax Distribution and Lionsgate, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
How about this one q.m.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Although my favourite scene from the film was his exchange with Sir Laurence Olivier. dat acting :O
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Lizzy wrote:
How about this one q.m.
This video is not available in your country.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
How about this one q.m.
This video is not available in your country.
If only we didn't live in such a tiny backwater country.

johns2jj

Post by johns2jj »

Is it something I have missed? How do you confirm someone as a civilian?
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

johns2jj wrote:
We've confirmed the fact that she's Lizzy, and is therefore good. :srsnod:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A Person wrote:
johns2jj wrote:
What if someone hacked her account and is posting under her name? Worth considering, I think.

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:
A Person wrote:
johns2jj wrote:
What if someone hacked her account and is posting under her name? Worth considering, I think.
She would've told me so. :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

We have arrived safely and uneventfully. :)

Thank you for your patience. I'll be getting it together to make the post and send PMs.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:We have arrived safely and uneventfully. :)

Thank you for your patience. I'll be getting it together to make the post and send PMs.
Are you nice and toasty?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:We have arrived safely and uneventfully. :)

Are you nice and toasty?
It's 87 degrees. People are walking around shirtless and in bathing suits.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
A Person wrote:
johns2jj wrote:
She would've told me so. :)
If she was someone else posing as Lizzy, she might not have told you. :shrug:
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

S~V~S wrote:If she was someone else posing as Lizzy, she might not have told you. :shrug:
She'd tell me on a place not this site, unless everything of hers was hacked.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Also, just to forewarn everyone. My wife's laptop is an Acer, model # POSfuuuuuuuuuuuu>-0

So again thank you for your patience.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

So let me get this straight. Lizzie is always confirmed civ. Sorry, I didn't get the memo. Why is she not dead every single game?
How about A person? Is he a confirmed civ as well? Because the way I see it, one of them is not a civ. Why are people giving them a pass?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Bullzeye »

FZ. wrote:So let me get this straight. Lizzie is always confirmed civ. Sorry, I didn't get the memo. Why is she not dead every single game?
How about A person? Is he a confirmed civ as well? Because the way I see it, one of them is not a civ. Why are people giving them a pass?
Lizzy/Vomp/AP will probably never vote for each other and always support each other. It's normal behaviour for the three of them regardless of whether they're civ, bad, indies or all three at once. That's why people aren't finding them suspicious for doing it, but that's not to say the rest of us can't be suspicious of the trio.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Bullzeye wrote:
FZ. wrote:So let me get this straight. Lizzie is always confirmed civ. Sorry, I didn't get the memo. Why is she not dead every single game?
Lizzy/Vomp/AP will probably never vote for each other and always support each other. It's normal behaviour for the three of them regardless of whether they're civ, bad, indies or all three at once. That's why people aren't finding them suspicious for doing it, but that's not to say the rest of us can't be suspicious of the trio.
Yeah, I got it. Thanks. I'd compare it to the Eurovision song contest, but most of you probably wouldn't know what the hell I'm talking about.
Looking at how much more posts Lizzie now has in the other game, what does it make you think about her? Maybe she's bad there and not here. I would think that keeping up in this game would be easier since there are less people and less catching up to do. Yet, surprisingly, she is more into the other game. Maybe she's trying harder there because she's a baddie there, but maybe not.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 3: One Night Only

I've had some long nights in the stir, but that one was the longest night of my life.

I had heard some moaning in a nearby cell, just across the corridor, but I didn't think anything of it. A person gets used to hearing the victims of prison life lick his wounds.

But after lights out, the moaning grew into wailing, and in between the howling and the quick gasps for air, we could make out words. Words like, "stomach" and "hurting" and "sharp" and "sick." The din got the attention of the guards. No surprise there. They took Dom out of his cell and told him he had three seconds to get quiet.

Instead of getting quiet, Dom managed a complete sentence: "It was something I ate," he said.

The guard who held him by the shirt collar disagreed. "Everyone in here eats the same goddamned thing. If there was something the matter with the food, it wouldn't be just you howling like a bitch in heat."

And then a second sentence: "Somebody did something to my food."

"That's enough," the guard said, and added to whatever misery was dwelling in Dom's midsection. The guard didn't go for a second hit, as I was expecting him to. Instead, he said, "Get him to the infirmary."

That would have been the end of it had some smart ass farther down on my side refrained from cracking wise.

"He sounds like your mama did last night!"

Not knowing who said it, they decided to leave Dom in his cell. We had the privilege of listening to Dom sing all night long. The performance ended around daybreak. There was no encore.

Dom has been killed by Hadley. It is now Day 4. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hm. That's an odd choice. RIP Dom.

Votes Mongoose.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A couple of housekeeping items.
1. I am going out of town tomorrow morning for a week, so will only be on here minimally to vote.
2. I have some club soda, handcrafted tonic and half a bottle of gin. I'm in for the night. Let's talk about mafia!

johns2jj

Post by johns2jj »

Randomized for now to vote mongoose. Will come back later most likely to change vote but just in case I wanted to get it out of the way.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

johns2jj wrote:Randomized for now to vote mongoose.
Yay!

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:A couple of housekeeping items.

2. I have some club soda, handcrafted tonic and half a bottle of gin. I'm in for the night. Let's talk about mafia!
Well Dom got bumped off, let's throw out some reasons why. Just throwing some out of the top of my head.

1. He could have been onto something the baddies didn't want thrown out there and expanded upon.

2. The baddies thought he could have been the SK.

3. It's a frame up to make it look like X did it. I don't think this one is likely though because I don't really recall Dom getting into it with anyone this game.

4. Other
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A lot of the time I see baddies pick off people who are not super engaged, but not completely silent either. I don't really understand that reasoning, but I've seen it happen a lot. I think Dom fell into that category.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:A lot of the time I see baddies pick off people who are not super engaged, but not completely silent either. I don't really understand that reasoning, but I've seen it happen a lot. I think Dom fell into that category.
Why do you think that is? Why not pick off someone completely silent? The possibility they may return to the game and inadvertently be pro-baddie in their appeals?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”