Elochin
No votes
juliets
No votes
Long Con
24%
Lunalee
12%
Carolyn Leonhart (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
65%

Total votes: 17
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Steely Dan Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Why my opinion about Juliets?

Why not my opinion about Mac?

It’s because Daisy is teamed with Juliets. Put that in your takeout and call it a five.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 719
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:31 pm We weren’t talking about Juliets. We were talking about Nutella’s reaction to Nova talking about Juliets.
I'm talking about how other people view a dialogue, not its literal nature. There's often a stark difference.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:27 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:18 am
nutella wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:06 am
novaselinenever wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:04 am
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:28 pm Hahahaha - will nova and Mac be on the same side? Will they both win or lose? OR will one of them move ahead in the only game that counts?
Does Juliets know the answers to some of these questions?
OOOOooof sPiCy

Any major dude will tell you
Does anyone think that nutella found this to be spicy?
I mean if Juliets knows one of them will win, she knows Mac and Nova aren’t the same alignment. That would make her mafia and since the accusation comes from Nova, Mac mafia as well.

Saying Mac and Juliets have w/w equity right out of the gate is pretty spicy imo.
Here's what I posted:
juliets wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:28 pm Hahahaha - will nova and Mac be on the same side? Will they both win or lose? OR will one of them move ahead in the only game that counts?
I pretty clearly say they could both win or both lose. Actually, I didn't notice Mac is one game ahead so the part about one of them moving ahead is a moot point. Do you guys even know what I'm talking about here?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 198

Post by Spacedaisy »

:haha:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matahari wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:34 pm Just because I think I need to post something, I’ll put this out here.
I’m at a point where I’m making connections between people, no further than that. I have connected at least five people, but I’m not naming them yet. Because, I feel like studying them more, and because I don’t feel strongly that any of them are bad. One more because- there are still two people who haven’t checked in yet.

If I need to say anything more productive, prod me and I’ll try. Otherwise, I’m going back to observation mode.
I support you doing your thing the way you want to do it, Matahari. Just please keep notes on those connections so that we might see them at some point in Day 1 at least. :nicenod:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:32 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:46 am Also in a vacuum, I see the second post as not w/w indicative. Scum Jay doesn’t need an excuse to not do things so his teammate doesn’t need to give him that excuse.
o.O

i...i don't know how you're reaching these conclusions exactly. you've never seen a teammate defend a teammate before? have you even mafia'd? :p
Jay’s a big boy and it was barely an accusation.

It read like DDL was scared of Jay or DDL was understanding of Jay, not that DDL needed to lay off cause he was barely on and it’s Jay.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 773

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:50 am I called nova town and speed bad in my first post to throw out my impressions from the posts up to that point. So those were the previous stances, before the juliets/Mac thing came up which I found an intriguing possibility (the implication that they're teammates. So I'm keeping a close eye on both of them. As
for Luna, well she only has a couple posts and they didn't feel the most natural (as Jay pointed out she kinda overjustified her d0 vote).

The comparison you draw between my speed and juliets mentions is unfair. Speed was an early gut suspect. Like, early early. I'm giving him a chance to say what he can (in his state lol). Juliets I am keeping an eye on because of a strange thing nova pointed out that may tie her to Mac, and I don't see anything inspiring from Mac so that is on the table imo.
yikes dunya, pay attention. i skipped the second part of all your posts cos i thought they were all song lyrics so i missed that first post where you named nova and speed. i'm skimming this game don't judge me.

i'm interested to seeing your response to juliets' question though.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:35 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:31 pm We weren’t talking about Juliets. We were talking about Nutella’s reaction to Nova talking about Juliets.
I'm talking about how other people view a dialogue, not its literal nature. There's often a stark difference.
And I’m talking about Daisy being sensitive to discussion about Juliets to the point where she’s scumreading stuff that isn’t even about Juliets, stuff that is explicitly as much about Mac and she didn’t even mention Mac.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

While also distancing from Juliets.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:41 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:35 pm
And I’m talking about Daisy being sensitive to discussion about Juliets to the point where she’s scumreading stuff that isn’t even about Juliets, stuff that is explicitly as much about Mac and she didn’t even mention Mac.
I believe that you believe in your argument here, so chase it to your heart's desire. I'm not feeling it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:39 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:32 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:46 am Also in a vacuum, I see the second post as not w/w indicative. Scum Jay doesn’t need an excuse to not do things so his teammate doesn’t need to give him that excuse.
o.O

i...i don't know how you're reaching these conclusions exactly. you've never seen a teammate defend a teammate before? have you even mafia'd? :p
Jay’s a big boy and it was barely an accusation.

It read like DDL was scared of Jay or DDL was understanding of Jay, not that DDL needed to lay off cause he was barely on and it’s Jay.
i have not gotten the impression ddl is scared at all this game. i suggest you reread him.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:34 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:28 pm that's true. do you think that's a weakness in my play? this isn't really game related, but i'm curious if you don't mind answering.
No, not necessarily. Both mean and nice can be effective under the right circumstances, and they can often be effective when used simultaneously (in a good cop/bad cop kind of way).

Mean players are probably likely to incite emotion and passion in their suspects, which tends to make those people easier to read. It can also create discord though, and make people less eager to follow the lead of the meanie.

Nice players may be more vulnerable to being taken advantage of by those who will get away with lackluster play, but they're also much easier to follow and [arguably] harder to suspect.

And when it comes to Mafia play, being "nicer than JJJ" isn't saying much. I wouldn't characterize you as being super nice yourself. You can be a scary bumblebee when you want to be. :bea:
thank you for that. :) it's very interesting to me to know other people's opinions about my mafia'ing personality lol.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragon D. Luffy
dunya
Jackofhearts2005
juliets
Kites
novaselinenever
Spacedaisy
speedchuck

Long Con
reywaS

Elochin
leetic
Lunalee
MacDougall
Matahari
Neverwhere
nijuukyugou
nutella

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:34 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:28 pm that's true. do you think that's a weakness in my play? this isn't really game related, but i'm curious if you don't mind answering.
No, not necessarily. Both mean and nice can be effective under the right circumstances, and they can often be effective when used simultaneously (in a good cop/bad cop kind of way).

Mean players are probably likely to incite emotion and passion in their suspects, which tends to make those people easier to read. It can also create discord though, and make people less eager to follow the lead of the meanie.

Nice players may be more vulnerable to being taken advantage of by those who will get away with lackluster play, but they're also much easier to follow and [arguably] harder to suspect.

And when it comes to Mafia play, being "nicer than JJJ" isn't saying much. I wouldn't characterize you as being super nice yourself. You can be a scary bumblebee when you want to be. :bea:
My god...

Is this why nobody listens to me?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

spacedaisy is town. genuine progression of thoughts. natural flow. a beauty in this beast of a game. :daisy:

jack's arguments and posts remind me slightly of world flags mafia jack but a bit less trollish...eh meh.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nova has been missing in action guys. someone send a search party...
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:18 pm
Kites wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:53 am hi guys ! i haven’t played ina while :: :dark:
:omg: Kites!!!!
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:26 am In checking!

Fun having!

Skimmed 2 pages in which JJJ analyzes stuff like "hey guys" and "hi and goodnight" and assigning each entry a different alignment sticker. I'm laughing.
:omg: :omg: Dunya!!!!
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:23 am What does spank cover mean @juliets ?
Kinky
Matahari wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:09 pm Oh my. I love this day 0 herd culling. So different from the ancient days of mafia when everyone struggled for something to say on day 0 and the few aggressive people wound up getting lynched on days that followed. Now everyone can be aggressive and the mafia can blend in.

But this a holiday so I’ll be back later tonight to say things that can be overanalyzed. Happy GoT day everyone!
WIFEY!!!! <3 :hugs:
wow, i may have to change my stance on daisy. she's married another woman. :blush:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i am not at all understanding jack's issue with daisy. can someone link me to a series of posts that explains it or type it out as if you were talking to an 8 year old pls and ty.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 pm i am not at all understanding jack's issue with daisy. can someone link me to a series of posts that explains it or type it out as if you were talking to an 8 year old pls and ty.
I'm doing this. Nobody else do this. I don't want to waste my time. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:45 pm Kites
why?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

why is kites a green skittle, i mean. [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention]
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:51 pm i am not at all understanding jack's issue with daisy. can someone link me to a series of posts that explains it or type it out as if you were talking to an 8 year old pls and ty.
I was just about to ask this same thing. I am lost on this issue.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Also, Daisy you indicated you suspect me because I don't seem confused and seem more confident? Am I understanding that correctly?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Situation: Mac and Nova are tied for most wins this year.
Juliets: Will both, neither or only one of them win? :D
Nova: Does Juliets know the answer to this? (Implication being that Juliets and Mac would be mafia. Otherwise, Juliets could not know the answer to this or Nova couldn’t be town.)
Nutella: This is spicy.
Jay: Is not.
Jack: Is so.
Daisy: I don’t like the way Jack pushed Juliets. Also maybe Juliets is bad.

I’m not pushing Juliets (yet). I’m not even talking about Juliets. If I agreed with an offhanded comment from Nova that he may or may not even think, then I would suspect Juliets AND Mac.

Daisy calls me on suspecting Juliets but doesn’t mention Mac at all. She also scumreads Juliets independent of me.

I conclude that Daisy is teamed with Juliets and is defending her by calling my nonexistent push on her suspicious but she’s also laying out a distancing scumread on Juliets in case she does end up lynched so that her defense looks like less of a defense.

If this is correct, it would also be a good look for Mac and Jay.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

From the beginning:
juliets said this. She was referring to the 2019 Syndicate wins leaderboard, which has MacDougall and nova both at/near the top.
nova asked this ominous question -- if juliets does know the answer to any of them, that's bad for her. If she knows the answer re: Mac, they're teammates (this answers your previous question about Mac).
OOOOooof sPiCy

nutella said it was spicy.
OOOOooof sPiCy

I found it dubious.
OOOOooof sPiCy

I mean if Juliets knows one of them will win, she knows Mac and Nova aren’t the same alignment. That would make her mafia and since the accusation comes from Nova, Mac mafia as well.

Saying Mac and Juliets have w/w equity right out of the gate is pretty spicy imo.
Jack answered my question by suggesting that it could indeed be called spicy (that it was understandable for nutella to feel that way).

Further clarification
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:01 pm I don’t think you all are together. I think one or two of you are but I’m not sure which ones.

Juliets I don’t feel the normal confused/trying to understand vibe I get from her posts. She seems more confident in her reads than I expect from civ Juliets.

Jay, it’s in the way he has responded to dunya. She pressed to understand why two things read differently because she didn’t see a difference. A valid question imo. His response was , she should know me better than that. An implicationhe thinks she is bad. Then a short time later he calls her good, I don’t see a natural evolution of opinion in there. It looks bad to me.

Jack, you pushed Juliets for her joke questions about Mac/nova. I’ve only played two game series this year and even I knew what she was talking about. You presented it in a manner as if she only asked the questions as if she already knew they were on different teams, but that was t an accurate representation. Looks bad to me.
Daisy expressed suspicion of Jack on the basis of that discussion -- she felt he was voicing his own suspicion of juliets and didn't like that about him on the basis she explains above.

Jack is peeved because he feels this is a misrepresentation of his own stance on juliets (that he hadn't actually taken one yet). Couple this with the fact that Daisy also voiced suspicion of juliets, he feels the inconsistency -- both suspecting and [arguably] defending juliets simultaneously -- implies that they're compatible as mafia teammates.

:smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:55 pm why is kites a green skittle, i mean. JaggedJimmyJay
Of all the folks with a small post count, I think he looks the most genuine.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I think Daisy's point was she suspects me for something different, but that something different sounds fake to me which is why I'm asking her to clarify that I am reading her correctly. I am not her teammate. I am not bad and will claim if I have to.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Matahari »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:48 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:18 pm
Kites wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:53 am hi guys ! i haven’t played ina while :: :dark:
:omg: Kites!!!!
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:26 am In checking!

Fun having!

Skimmed 2 pages in which JJJ analyzes stuff like "hey guys" and "hi and goodnight" and assigning each entry a different alignment sticker. I'm laughing.
:omg: :omg: Dunya!!!!
dunya wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:23 am What does spank cover mean @juliets ?
Kinky
Matahari wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:09 pm Oh my. I love this day 0 herd culling. So different from the ancient days of mafia when everyone struggled for something to say on day 0 and the few aggressive people wound up getting lynched on days that followed. Now everyone can be aggressive and the mafia can blend in.

But this a holiday so I’ll be back later tonight to say things that can be overanalyzed. Happy GoT day everyone!
WIFEY!!!! <3 :hugs:
wow, i may have to change my stance on daisy. she's married another woman. :blush:
yes, the love of my life left me in the dust when I lost my fortune. I will always miss my sweet wifey though. :daisy:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 141

Post by nutella »

I thought Nova's point about juliets was spicy because it seemed weird to me that juliets said it at all and I felt like it would come from a juliets who had insider knowledge about their alignments rather than a juliets who didn't. Just feels like an unnatural comment to make if she had no other reason to find it a compelling competition to follow, idk.
Well I should know by now
That it's just a spasm
Like a Sunday in T.J.
That it's cheap but it's not free
That I'm not what I used to be
And that love's not a game for three
Babylon sisters shake it
Babylon sisters shake it
So fine so young
Tell me I'm the only one
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Nutella could confess to being mafia in the middle of those songs and I probably wouldn’t notice.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:37 am So this was too time consuming not having the ISO links. Epi implies that we're going to need to do them if we want them. Also dunya I usually don't form impressions this early in a game unless I have strong feelings, and I only have strong feelings about one person. I'll try though, see below:

Ok so three people so far think speed is bad but I can't tell anything from "Hey guys". I don't even have a lean on him.

Matahari - I can't tell anything from her post either. Need more, no leans.

lee tic - I agree with what someone (nova?) said about leetic's post, it seemed honest and upfront. I didn't see it as slank cover like Jay did. Lean good.

nutella - I don't see why she thinks my post was spicy but she often jumps on things early that others are questioning. I lean good.

kites - seems comfortable and posts sound natural. I lean good.

Neverwhere - I only see the one post about the poll. I don't have a lean on her yet.

dunya - Jumps in and starts analyzing and asking questions. Caveat, I only know good dunya but I do lean good here.

DDL - I haven't seen anything yet that convinces me he is good but I can't say I've seen anything bad yet either. His comment about Jay and nova being confusing was...confusing but not necessarily indicative of alignment. I need more time with him.

tons of linki
Who was the one person you had a strong feeling about at that point?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:58 pm
From the beginning:
juliets said this. She was referring to the 2019 Syndicate wins leaderboard, which has MacDougall and nova both at/near the top.
nova asked this ominous question -- if juliets does know the answer to any of them, that's bad for her. If she knows the answer re: Mac, they're teammates (this answers your previous question about Mac).
OOOOooof sPiCy

OOOOooof sPiCy

I found it dubious.
OOOOooof sPiCy

Jack answered my question by suggesting that it could indeed be called spicy (that it was understandable for nutella to feel that way).

Further clarification
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:01 pm I don’t think you all are together. I think one or two of you are but I’m not sure which ones.

Juliets I don’t feel the normal confused/trying to understand vibe I get from her posts. She seems more confident in her reads than I expect from civ Juliets.

Jay, it’s in the way he has responded to dunya. She pressed to understand why two things read differently because she didn’t see a difference. A valid question imo. His response was , she should know me better than that. An implicationhe thinks she is bad. Then a short time later he calls her good, I don’t see a natural evolution of opinion in there. It looks bad to me.

Jack, you pushed Juliets for her joke questions about Mac/nova. I’ve only played two game series this year and even I knew what she was talking about. You presented it in a manner as if she only asked the questions as if she already knew they were on different teams, but that was t an accurate representation. Looks bad to me.
Daisy expressed suspicion of Jack on the basis of that discussion -- she felt he was voicing his own suspicion of juliets and didn't like that about him on the basis she explains above.
Jack is peeved because he feels this is a misrepresentation of his own stance on juliets (that he hadn't actually taken one yet). Couple this with the fact that Daisy also voiced suspicion of juliets, he feels the inconsistency -- both suspecting and [arguably] defending juliets simultaneously -- implies that they're compatible as mafia teammates.
thanks for doing that, it's much clearer than jack's post which still left me confused.

i don't think jack was misrepresented. nova voiced suspicion of juliets, nutella called it spicy (and by extension suspects juliets), jack says nutella was right in it being spicy (and by extensio the implication that he also sees what nutella and nova saw is there).

i feel high.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:12 pm I thought Nova's point about juliets was spicy because it seemed weird to me that juliets said it at all and I felt like it would come from a juliets who had insider knowledge about their alignments rather than a juliets who didn't. Just feels like an unnatural comment to make if she had no other reason to find it a compelling competition to follow, idk.
Well I should know by now
That it's just a spasm
Like a Sunday in T.J.
That it's cheap but it's not free
That I'm not what I used to be
And that love's not a game for three
Babylon sisters shake it
Babylon sisters shake it
So fine so young
Tell me I'm the only one
I find it compelling because nova is determined to beat Mac and since I know and like them both I find it an interesting contest. I know this because he told me in discord before this game ever started when we were talking about the scrimmage game. You can search "nova" in discord and you will find a post where he says "can't let Mac take a lead". That's actually why I thought they were tied.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:17 pm thanks for doing that, it's much clearer than jack's post which still left me confused.

i don't think jack was misrepresented. nova voiced suspicion of juliets, nutella called it spicy (and by extension suspects juliets), jack says nutella was right in it being spicy (and by extensio the implication that he also sees what nutella and nova saw is there).

i feel high.
I agree, in so much as I understand why Daisy would have that perception.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:16 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:37 am So this was too time consuming not having the ISO links. Epi implies that we're going to need to do them if we want them. Also dunya I usually don't form impressions this early in a game unless I have strong feelings, and I only have strong feelings about one person. I'll try though, see below:

Ok so three people so far think speed is bad but I can't tell anything from "Hey guys". I don't even have a lean on him.

Matahari - I can't tell anything from her post either. Need more, no leans.

lee tic - I agree with what someone (nova?) said about leetic's post, it seemed honest and upfront. I didn't see it as slank cover like Jay did. Lean good.

nutella - I don't see why she thinks my post was spicy but she often jumps on things early that others are questioning. I lean good.

kites - seems comfortable and posts sound natural. I lean good.

Neverwhere - I only see the one post about the poll. I don't have a lean on her yet.

dunya - Jumps in and starts analyzing and asking questions. Caveat, I only know good dunya but I do lean good here.

DDL - I haven't seen anything yet that convinces me he is good but I can't say I've seen anything bad yet either. His comment about Jay and nova being confusing was...confusing but not necessarily indicative of alignment. I need more time with him.

tons of linki
Who was the one person you had a strong feeling about at that point?
That nova is town.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I’ve just done the ISO of Juliets twice and I wish I could explain it more. At first I thought it was that she was less confused sounding, added to the read list which seemed out of character. But she did that in Vault on Day 0 too, so it’s NAI clearly. But I still cannot shake the feeling that Juliets is not her normal civ self. I can’t figure out why though. She seems like there is more confidence in her than I usually feel like I see or something. I don’t know. This is why she was a slight lean, because I know it’s tone. My gut is saying something is off.

And I don’t like the response I just got from her about this either. Her reaction is to jump to saying she will claim if she has to? It’s closed setup and I would be surprised if the baddies hadn’t been given claim cover. I just don’t feel good about Juliets.

I’m off to ISO Jack, see if it changes my mind.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:17 pm
From the beginning:
OOOOooof sPiCy

OOOOooof sPiCy

I found it dubious.
OOOOooof sPiCy

Further clarification

thanks for doing that, it's much clearer than jack's post which still left me confused.

i feel high.
Do you think “spicy” means “I agree”?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

This is the post I was responding to in my "Hahaha" post. This was at the very beginning of the game.
novaselinenever wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:22 pm What's up, Mac? :dark:

To my way of thinking this was Nova saying "so, we meet again friend in our little competition".

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:58 pm nova asked this ominous question -- if juliets does know the answer to any of them, that's bad for her. If she knows the answer re: Mac, they're teammates (this answers your previous question about Mac).
i guess this never stood out for me as a serious thing as i was reading because it seemed playful "trailer talk" for this game ala messi vs. ronaldo or speedchuck vs. kyle (vs. quin) on the leaderboard.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:05 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:32 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:26 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 am Yay I love tearing apart silly "fishing for reaction" day 0 arguments.

Yet here you are with zero reads. What have you accomplished?
What is this, a job interview?

I don't have to accomplish shit.
This feels fake and reinforces DDL/Jay not w/w.
This confused me. Can you explain what you mean?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:23 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:17 pm
From the beginning:
OOOOooof sPiCy

OOOOooof sPiCy

I found it dubious.

OOOOooof sPiCy

Further clarification

i feel high.
Do you think “spicy” means “I agree”?
when someone goes "ooooohhh this is a hot take/spicy" it does mean there is some interest and agreement in what they're reading.

what does "spicy" mean to you?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:22 pm I’ve just done the ISO of Juliets twice and I wish I could explain it more. At first I thought it was that she was less confused sounding, added to the read list which seemed out of character. But she did that in Vault on Day 0 too, so it’s NAI clearly. But I still cannot shake the feeling that Juliets is not her normal civ self. I can’t figure out why though. She seems like there is more confidence in her than I usually feel like I see or something. I don’t know. This is why she was a slight lean, because I know it’s tone. My gut is saying something is off.
That relates to a comparison I drew not long ago, which I interpreted the opposite way. I also think there's a bit of a "bug" in the air regarding aggressive, assertive civilian play (seen most emphatically in recent novaselinenever games) that juliets is adapting to a bit herself.
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:22 pmAnd I don’t like the response I just got from her about this either. Her reaction is to jump to saying she will claim if she has to? It’s closed setup and I would be surprised if the baddies hadn’t been given claim cover. I just don’t feel good about Juliets.
I've actually never seen this before in a fully closed setup (mafia players being given fake role claims as opposed to fake character claims). I think there's a great argument that it shouldn't be that way, but nonetheless I've not seen what you describe. I have seen it in semi-open setups.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:22 pm I’ve just done the ISO of Juliets twice and I wish I could explain it more. At first I thought it was that she was less confused sounding, added to the read list which seemed out of character. But she did that in Vault on Day 0 too, so it’s NAI clearly. But I still cannot shake the feeling that Juliets is not her normal civ self. I can’t figure out why though. She seems like there is more confidence in her than I usually feel like I see or something. I don’t know. This is why she was a slight lean, because I know it’s tone. My gut is saying something is off.

And I don’t like the response I just got from her about this either. Her reaction is to jump to saying she will claim if she has to? It’s closed setup and I would be surprised if the baddies hadn’t been given claim cover. I just don’t feel good about Juliets.

I’m off to ISO Jack, see if it changes my mind.
Well, you are dead wrong. You may think I am off but I'm not. I will claim if I have to because it will be very little lost for the civs and very little gain for the mafia if they kill me.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

To me, Jack and Daisy is the epitome of what differentiates misrepresentation from misinterpretation. I think it's the latter.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:26 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 am Yay I love tearing apart silly "fishing for reaction" day 0 arguments.

It’s an overreaction. Feels fake. I don’t think DDL overreacts to his own teammate like this.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

OOOOooof sPiCy

I think I see where the problem came in for me. When Nutella said it was spicy, I didn’t think of it as her saying she thought it was a valid accusation. In discord people are saying Spivey all the time and she is a discord regular. I just read it like a spectator thinking it was interesting to watch. When you dissected it like this it became you making way more of it in my mind than it was. But on a second reading I think it was just because of my own mind set.

Going to finish my ISO of you before I decide if it changes my read.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

*spicey
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:28 pm To me, Jack and Daisy is the epitome of what differentiates misrepresentation from misinterpretation. I think it's the latter.
:haha: my favorite post you’ve made this game
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

that's twice in 2 separate occasions where jack reinforces jay and ddl can't be w/w. see below.
not sure what it means and how these three are tied together yet. but it's worth noting.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:29 pm

It’s an overreaction. Feels fake. I don’t think DDL overreacts to his own teammate like this.
So you think DDL is bad but Jay is not, am I understanding correctly?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”