Dogs vs. Cats [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is the feline who is posing as a dog, anyway?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:35 pm

Fayt
17%
Michelle
No votes
novaselinenever
8%
CatDog (Host/Mod/Dead/NP)
75%

Total votes: 12
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 500
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Dogs vs. Cats [Day 3]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Michelle wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:01 pm Your 4 Poe names logic is broken and i told you why JJJ
It isn’t. I will try to explain why I do that when the game is over.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

[mention]Michelle[/mention] your vote for JJJ hurts the "tied vote" plan, which is a good one.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m going to have to begin my drive soon, and I’ll be out of commission when the deadline hits. I’m content to pop a squat on my Fayt vote. If y’all want to coordinate a tie, I think Fayt should be the other name.

Before I bail I’ll consolidate my full legacy.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:06 pmIf y’all want to coordinate a tie, I think Fayt should be the other name.
Agreed.
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Dragomir »

I don't like ties but ok.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 110

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:08 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:06 pmIf y’all want to coordinate a tie, I think Fayt should be the other name.
Agreed.
I don't
I think Dragomir would be better
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:53 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:50 pm Fayt > Dragomir > Michelle > Mac
I shouldn't be here.
If Not You, Then Who?

[insert photo of Barney]
Just have 3 ppl.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:29 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:53 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:51 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:50 pm Fayt > Dragomir > Michelle > Mac
I shouldn't be here.
If Not You, Then Who?

[insert photo of Barney]
Just have 3 ppl.
No guys. That's not how POE works. At least not mine. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Never Understood, but Never Unloved
The Legacy of JaggedJimmyJay

13 October, 2019 to 19 October, 2019

Why Fayt?

Bad interactions with Rej the cat

Interactions with speedchuck the cat do them no favors

Fayt fits the profile of a mafioso who places inordinate trust in me as have many mafia members before.

Their progression on Long Con looks fake / It set them up for a vote on sprityo

At 26 posts, they're in the "reverse by post count" field. The game hasn't moved at a torrent pace, but it has been quick at times. Cats sometimes struggle to keep up. speedchuck struggled to keep up.

If it isn't Fayt, then who is it?

The remainder of my POE is Dragomir, Michelle, and MacDougall. I do not feel 100% solid about that, and I would hope that those dogs who outlive me engage in thorough dialogue about anyone fielded as a suspect.

Dragomir

If nothing else, he opened this game quite awkwardly. That is in stark contrast to Persona 5. He kinda regained his footing, but even still has had a sporadic and inconsistent rate of participation. Some of his play has ventured into a fancy play syndrome space, or even outright trolling (I want to lynch Jay, who I read as town). These don't have to be condemnations, but they're not reasons for credit either.

Most importantly, Rej's voting behavior can implicate Dragomir. Rej had a clear counterwagon available for some time (Dragomir), and openly refused to vote on it -- even after stating some suspicion. When a Long Con wagon appeared instead, Rej went for it. The Day 2 voting may be better for Dragomir, but only a bit so. It's not hugely inspiring.

Michelle

She has played hard, and her tone has been solid. I respect what she has put into the thread. That's not enough at this point in the game though to clear her, at least not for me -- I don't know her at all and cannot make assumptions. There is no objective or solid evidential basis, to my knowledge, to call Michelle a dog. That means that she is a suspect and should be taken seriously as such.

MacDougall

For the most part I think Mac has looked the part. That's fine. It's not enough though, particularly given that he hasn't actually done much of anything in this game. If you ask yourself what Mac has given of substance beyond *vote Rej* and *give JJJ a whole pile of shit*, what do you answer with? I have nothing. He voted nutella one time I guess? His play is underwhelming, and his treatment of me leaves a lot of room for opportunism. He has used nonsense language like "caught in a lie" or "100% mafia" or "self vote" that does not align with events -- he should really know better after his Wild Card and Finale games. I don't struggle to believe that he has made me his punching bag to help him coast otherwise unproductively.

~~If you think Mac looks like a dog and haven't bothered dealing with him lately as a result, that's a problem and you need to fix it. I don't give a shit what you think of his tone. Challenge him, because he is fully capable of fooling you (the collective you). He's done it before many times to capable players.~~

I could even call him my second-biggest suspect. I don't stand on super confident ground there, but Dragomir and Michelle both look more authentic at face value to me than Mac does.

Is it someone else?

Could be. Give everyone a fair look. I'll tell you why I don't think so, and you be the judge:

Epignosis and Dom: I don't think they kill Turnip Head. Yes, I think that's substantial and meaningful. These dynamics are at play all the time on The Syndicate, and they make sense. Turnip Head was a mainstay here for years and forged friendships with our longest-tenured users. This was his first game back in a while. I don't think these two cut that return short on Night 1.

Long Con - While Rej's voting behavior may implicate Dragomir, it exonerates Long Con (in my opinion). It makes no sense for me for Long Con to be a cat. That doesn't mean it's impossible, but I have not seen a single argument in this thread which adequately accounts for this. It amounts to more tinfoil junk quite like the stuff currently getting me lynched. I know a bad case when I see one.

nutella - Despite her present stance on me, I have followed the thread of her play quite fluidly all game. Her handling of Dragomir and Rej on Day 1, sprityo and speedchuck on Day 2 -- all of that speaks to me. It maps very closely to my own mindset as the game has progressed. I doubt that someone could be so parallel to me and not be aligned with me unless it's deliberate. I don't get that impression. I also like her interactions with speedchuck.

novaselinenever - He had a great Day 1, and I don't think he has seemed inauthentic at any point. I understand the suspicion he has hurled at Dom even if I don't agree. He looks exactly like the civilian novaselinenever that we've seen throughout 2019, if only short a little activity perhaps. I also like his interactions with speedchuck.

~~~

I expect to be dead the next time I log in. If I am not, the game is not over, and there's a locked night -- I hope I am dead when it ends. It's necessary. Shoot me unless you are really confident about the last cat -- then go ahead and shoot them. I have given you folks everything I've got here, so I hope you can make some use of it. Good luck dogs.

:)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Fayt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Fayt »

Agreed.
I'm ok with this (since it would clear me or jay) but we need to set it up now.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I am willing to Engage the Tie Protocol TM if I'm here at EOD and it's within my power to ensure. Only for fayt though, not drago
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Epignosis »

I'll say this much:

I don't think lynching JJJ ends this.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I assume LC will be voting for fayt to make that more likely. If he does and nobody else changes, I could make it 4-4.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oh weird fayt is self voting
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 215
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:03 pm @Michelle your vote for JJJ hurts the "tied vote" plan, which is a good one.
i can't say i understood the plan but if needed i can switch accordigly to the town consensus

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Agreed.
where is your vote?

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I will be here and cast my vote (or not) accordingly. No funny business, I promise.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

No reason not to put it on Fayt right now, I guess. But I don't really feel right on Fayt. JJJ is the person I have voted for before, and I'd rather be consistent in my vote, than to jump on to someone I have defended in the past.

I think a tie is still a wise goal, but maybe someone on JJJ will trade-vote me and hop over to Fayt? Just my OCD maybe, but what do ya say?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I'd say she gives up too quick and the self vote is silly tbh. Idk

Fayt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fayt »

Michelle wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:40 pm I'd say she gives up too quick and the self vote is silly tbh. Idk
Not giving up, just going with the plan.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:40 pm I'd say she gives up too quick and the self vote is silly tbh. Idk
WAITASECOND! Fayt can't do this, it ruins the tie. If she's a cat, she just hops off at the last second and survives.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

If the lynch is JJJ and he flips villager the vig shoudl hit the one who he feels best to flip mafia, he already did a very good job.

Fayt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fayt »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:34 pm No reason not to put it on Fayt right now, I guess. But I don't really feel right on Fayt. JJJ is the person I have voted for before, and I'd rather be consistent in my vote, than to jump on to someone I have defended in the past.

I think a tie is still a wise goal, but maybe someone on JJJ will trade-vote me and hop over to Fayt? Just my OCD maybe, but what do ya say?
I'll do it? Like omg we need to coordinate better.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Fayt, you gotta vote for JJJ I think. You can't vote for yourself, it's too risky.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:42 pm
WAITASECOND! Fayt can't do this, it ruins the tie. If she's a cat, she just hops off at the last second and survives.
you aee right. Self voters are bad.
[VOTE: Fayt] aubergine

Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

[VOTE: Dom] aubergine

I don't think it's Jay or Fayt so I'm not voting there anymore. Leaves me with Dom, LC, and Michelle. I don't see an LC or Michelle wagon picking up, thus Dom. I do suspect him btw.
Fayt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fayt »

oi wtf.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Michelle wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:44 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:42 pm
you aee right. Self voters are bad.
[VOTE: Fayt] aubergine
I don't agree with this logic. I've seen more townies self-vote than scum. Though, it's only when they're raging, unlike Fayt who's doing it for strategy.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Maybe Fayt could be scum and the self-vote strategy is a ploy to appear cooperative with town and doing things for the good of the town. Scum do a lot of I'm okay with my lynch if it helps town or yada yada yada.

Hmm, I don't know what to think anymore.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Michelle is giving me the heebie jeebies. I don't like her for some reason.
Fayt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fayt »

Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:48 pm Maybe Fayt could be scum and the self-vote strategy is a ploy to appear cooperative with town and doing things for the good of the town. Scum do a lot of I'm okay with my lynch if it helps town or yada yada yada.

Hmm, I don't know what to think anymore.
There is no ploy... I agree with being lynched from the start of the phase as long we find a scum from my lynch..
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:49 pm Michelle is giving me the heebie jeebies. I don't like her for some reason.
post them if you really have them

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

When is Eod?

Fayt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fayt »

14 minutes
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Fayt wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:00 pm14 minutes
Do yoi have faith in that plan then? Post legacy reads

Fayt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fayt »

Michelle wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:01 pm
Fayt wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:00 pm14 minutes
Do yoi have faith in that plan then? Post legacy reads
If everyone cooperated, yeah. It would've cleared me or Jay.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

No one gets cleared in a tie. A lucky dog gets protected from lynch, that's all, or a cat gets even odds.

To clear someone, we'd need to see a 5-4 vote or something, where the 4 goes down. Maybe we should do that instead.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scratch that - no way of knowing which player the softvoter is voting for, so we wouldn't know who to give the extra vote.

No one gets cleared via this mechanic.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Late to figure it though

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Michelle wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:11 pm Late to figure it though
It was never about clearing... just about protecting a dog.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Michelle wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:59 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:49 pm Michelle is giving me the heebie jeebies. I don't like her for some reason.
When I said "for some reason", it means I don't know what it is.
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:12 pm
except you need to shade me there is no reason

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Thirty seconds... will Fayt jump in with a JJJ vote?
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

I changed back to Jay.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Michelle wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:13 pm
Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:12 pm
except you need to shade me there is no reason
Ok.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragomir wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:13 pm I changed back to Jay.
Kind of a dick move... oh well, if the softvote is on Jay, then he has a chance if he's a dog.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think Fayt is a dog.
Fayt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Fayt »

Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:09 pm Scratch that - no way of knowing which player the softvoter is voting for, so we wouldn't know who to give the extra vote.

No one gets cleared via this mechanic.
Really?

Does it say it still goes down to a tie..?

My thought was if half voted for me and half voted for JJJ. If the soft voter is on me, and JJJ gets lynched, then I thought I would be cleared as a dog and vice versa if Jay is a dog. :confused:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Epignosis »

What is this? If a cat gets lynched, there's no need for anybody to be cleared.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

No one can be mech cleared i think.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”