[END] Pikmin Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 36

Re: [DAY 6] Pikmin Mafia

Post by agleaminranks »

Can I ask, then, what everyone else feels about my position so far? If you agree with Epignosis' analysis?
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I haven't looked at Epignosis's analysis, but I will in the morning.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Typhoony »

agleaminranks wrote: I'm going back to my position on Epignosis and Metalmarsh being teammates after their Boomslang lynch. Is it a long shot to say that they would both fake being insanified, getting us to think there is a secret role, and have one of them initially vote for the other in order to cover up being bad? Maybe. But it's also a brilliant baddie tactic, and if it were true, a perfect way to hide and throw suspicions elsewhere. If I were a baddie, it's a strategy I would want to use.
My other thought was that early on, before being "insanified", neither of them really gave a ton of good reason to really explain their vote. The last two lynches have been bandwagons one or the other has started. They may have intentionally spread their votes earlier to avoid a correlation but now with so few players left, just two people on board with a lynch is enough to damn near anyone.
I'm back to yesterday where I was wondering if a baddie would push this theory so far.
To me the theory reads like complete nonsense and without any prior history of these two coming up with plans like this I doubt it's true.
Simon I think is probably good, I agree with Spacedaisy in that given how much scrutiny he was under he's probably just avoiding trying to say anything at all given that it might hurt the good guys if he was lynched.
This is not what she said. She said the opposite.

You're making it hard for me to believe you are a civilian agleaminranks, but I really don't want to be wrong again. Your reasons for your suspicion are based on a theory that has about a 1% chance of being true in my opinion, and that is almost all you have to offer.

But, you are willing to talk and that's good. Please come back and talk some more.
I'll put my vote on MetalMarsh for the time being, hoping it will make him talk.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 138

Post by FZ. »

Sorry, something's come up and I can't be here until closer to deadline. I don't see much discussion other than Typhoony and Algeam, so forcing MM to talk is a nice idea. I'll be back later.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I'm seriously considering leaving my vote on MM if he doesn't show up at all. Thoughts?
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I wouldn't blame you if you did Typh. I'm sorry for not being available when I said I would be.

I'm voting Epignosis for self-preservation.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

U wot?

There's more than enough time left to.. you know, discuss stuff.

That vote feels like you're a baddie who's quite confident he's going to win this lynch and decided to pile your vote on.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I wouldn't blame you if you did Typh. I'm sorry for not being available when I said I would be.

I'm voting Epignosis for self-preservation.
Mm hmm.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

So here's where we stand:

agleaminranks believes MetalMarsh and I have executed a "perfect" (his word) boss plan for MM to suspect me, then I fake a curse, then MM fakes a curse, and then MM takes his vote off me, and then MM votes for me out of self-preservation when he only has one vote and it's just a vote from Typhoony to get him to talk.

I heard the price of tinfoil just skyrocketed. :suspish:
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

It would not surprise me if all Pikmin have +2 votes right now because of the Phosbat's ability.
Assuming that atleast one baddie has died, that gives the Phosbat atleast 2 votes, maybe even 3 if the Wraith is dead as well. Even if the Wraith is alive, it's possible a Protagonist has been captured and it has 1 vote, so let's assume the baddies have 3 votes.

That would give Epi 5 votes atm.

Meaning that we all need to vote MM or Agleam, whoever we feel could be the Phosbat. I am, for now, comfortable leaving my vote on MM.
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Hey agleam, if you wanna prove to me that you are not a baddie, now is your chance by voting MetalMarsh :beer:

After all, you suspect both him and Epi of being baddies, right?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Looking at my spreadsheet (a beer-stained piece of paper marked up with black ink and highlighter), I think I have spacedaisy's role pegged. I'm going with not bad on her.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I find this lack of participation disturbing.

:jedi:
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I apologize to MP for giving you such a shitty extra day :P
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Typhoony wrote:It would not surprise me if all Pikmin have +2 votes right now because of the Phosbat's ability.
Assuming that atleast one baddie has died, that gives the Phosbat atleast 2 votes, maybe even 3 if the Wraith is dead as well. Even if the Wraith is alive, it's possible a Protagonist has been captured and it has 1 vote, so let's assume the baddies have 3 votes.

Meaning that we all need to vote MM or Agleam, whoever we feel could be the Phosbat. I am, for now, comfortable leaving my vote on MM.
Do you agree with this Epi?
Do you have thoughts on who the Phosbat could be?
I'd like to get rid of that role considering the possibility of the Wraith surviving the lynch.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'm sorry guys. Like I said, something came up. I'm here now. What's going on?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:I'm sorry guys. Like I said, something came up. I'm here now. What's going on?
Epignosis wrote:So here's where we stand:

agleaminranks believes MetalMarsh and I have executed a "perfect" (his word) boss plan for MM to suspect me, then I fake a curse, then MM fakes a curse, and then MM takes his vote off me, and then MM votes for me out of self-preservation when he only has one vote and it's just a vote from Typhoony to get him to talk.

I heard the price of tinfoil just skyrocketed. :suspish:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

So you think MM and Agleaminranks are the left baddies?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

FZ. wrote:So you think MM and Agleaminranks are the left baddies?
Yes.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Okay, I'm reading back
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Typhoony wrote:
Typhoony wrote:It would not surprise me if all Pikmin have +2 votes right now because of the Phosbat's ability.

Do you agree with this Epi?
Do you have thoughts on who the Phosbat could be?
I'd like to get rid of that role considering the possibility of the Wraith surviving the lynch.
All I can say is that I wish those votes on me didn't count. :mad:

My top two suspects are agleaminranks and MM (and not because they're voting for me booooooooo).

I suspect gleam slightly more than MM. I have a lingering question mark on MM, which would pencil him in as Pikmin, and his reactionary vote against me to save himself fits in with that. Of course, he wouldn't know he has two votes, but I can hardly blame him- I made a similar move in the Matt lynch.

So agleaminranks is still my top suspect.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Ok.

If other people are also more comfortable voting agleam than MM, I will join them. Let me know what you think when you've read up FZ.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'll vote now for gleam.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Okay, I'm caught up.

I'm not really sure what to make of MM's vote. I get it, he wasn't here, it's the holidays and he's busy. But since he was here to vote, I wish he'd tried a little harder. Epi, would you say this is any easy way out vote, or real lack of time to invest and a decision to save himself over you? What is MM more likely to do as a civ, and as a baddie?
I do want to ask MM one question though, if you get back here today: You were pretty suspicious of Epi most game, and it looked like the curse made you change your mind. At least it appeared that way when you voted for someone else, I forgot who it was. Would you say you're still suspicious of Epi, or is it only to save yourself? Because let's face it, if it's the latter and you're a civ, that's a pretty lame thing to do at this stage of the game.

As for Gleaminranks (I swear, I have to look up his name every time I want to print it), if he is bad with MM, did they plan to vote for Epi in advance trying to distance themselves? If he wasn't and is not working with MM, who could be the last baddie with him, if there is one? I feel like we need to tie all loose ends here.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:Okay, I'm caught up.

I'm not really sure what to make of MM's vote. I get it, he wasn't here, it's the holidays and he's busy. But since he was here to vote, I wish he'd tried a little harder. Epi, would you say this is any easy way out vote, or real lack of time to invest and a decision to save himself over you? What is MM more likely to do as a civ, and as a baddie?
I do want to ask MM one question though, if you get back here today: You were pretty suspicious of Epi most game, and it looked like the curse made you change your mind. At least it appeared that way when you voted for someone else, I forgot who it was. Would you say you're still suspicious of Epi, or is it only to save yourself? Because let's face it, if it's the latter and you're a civ, that's a pretty lame thing to do at this stage of the game.
If I'm being honest, I think MM's sudden vote for me makes him look better, not worse. I don't believe he'd phone it in like that if he were bad.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

FZ. wrote: If he wasn't and is not working with MM, who could be the last baddie with him, if there is one? I feel like we need to tie all loose ends here.
I think Simon would be the most likely to be bad then.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Epignosis wrote:
FZ. wrote:Okay, I'm caught up.

If I'm being honest, I think MM's sudden vote for me makes him look better, not worse. I don't believe he'd phone it in like that if he were bad.
Okay, thanks. I really need to go in a few minutes. I'll probably join your vote, but I am hoping people will come on and post. I'm giving it 3 more minutes
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Epignosis wrote: If I'm being honest, I think MM's sudden vote for me makes him look better, not worse. I don't believe he'd phone it in like that if he were bad.
MM has been on the site multiple times today though
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Typhoony wrote:
FZ. wrote: If he wasn't and is not working with MM, who could be the last baddie with him, if there is one? I feel like we need to tie all loose ends here.
I think Simon would be the most likely to be bad then.
Epi thinks he's good. He thinks SD is good too, so we're not left with much. Unless there's only one more baddie left. I hope that's true.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

We can go with Algeaminiranks and if the game isn't over, and there's another baddie, and we were at least right about him, we do better homework and look at his posts and his connections
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Typhoony wrote:
Epignosis wrote: If I'm being honest, I think MM's sudden vote for me makes him look better, not worse. I don't believe he'd phone it in like that if he were bad.
MM has been on the site multiple times today though
What was he doing while online here?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I could still see SD being bad, but her posts today made me feel better about her.

I guess if Simon doesn't log in tonight and there is no kill we know who to vote tomorrow :p

Linki: Yes, I changed my vote to agleamin.

Linki2: I don't know.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Typhoony wrote:Linki2: I don't know.
I only say that because I stay logged in when I'm home, even if I'm not doing anything here. And I don't hide my online status.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Okay, I'll vote too. No one seems to be coming on, and I need real life sleep.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Is there really no more posting with less than an hour before the deadline?

I hope lynching gleam ends this thing.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Epignosis wrote:Is there really no more posting with less than an hour before the deadline?
Apparently not :p
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MP
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey all, sorry for the delay, I got tied up.

Post coming ASAP.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [POLLS] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 6
Who killed the doctor?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:12:33 pm

agleaminranks
Epignosis (13), Typhoony (14), FZ. (15) 20%

Epignosis
agleaminranks (10), Metalmarsh89 (12) 13%

FZ.
No votes

Metalmarsh89
No votes

Simon
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

Typhoony
No votes

An evil bat! (host, deadies, non-players)
MovingPictures07 (1), kneel4justice (2), Dragon D. Luffy (3), TheFloyd73 (4), S~V~S (5), Glorfindel (6), juliets (7), Scotty (8), Turnip Head (9),
Tranq (11) 67%

Total votes : 15
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 6

agleaminranks has been lynched. He was:

Winged (Leaf) Pikmin.

He was not currently gathered.

Day 6 has ended.

It is now Night 6. Please send in any Night PMs ASAP.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

This is some bull.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: [NIGHT 6] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

If I'm right about everything else in my spreadsheet, FZ. has to be the lone Mafia.

I realize that comes out of left field.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 36

Post by agleaminranks »

Thanks for letting me play, it's pretty seldom I make it this far in a mafia game. Hopefully my death is able to clear up some suspicions and get the good guys in the right direction :srsnod:
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Epignosis wrote:If I'm right about everything else in my spreadsheet, FZ. has to be the lone Mafia.

Are we sure there are actually baddies in this game?
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Epignosis wrote:If I'm right about everything else in my spreadsheet, FZ. has to be the lone Mafia.

Isn't this highly unlikely?

Let's look at the deaths:
Zebra: Pikmin
Sig: Pikmin
Sorsha: Pikmin
Scotty: Pikmin
Enrique + Soneji: Civvies
Matt: Pikmin
DDL: Civvie
Glorfindel: Likely bad
K4J: :shrug: . From his posts I'd say civ, but it's possible he was bad I guess.
Boomslang: Pikmin
Wilgy: Civ
Agleaminranks: Pikmin

That leaves at a maximum: 5 civs, 2 baddies. Where K4J is the big question mark. If he was civ, we have 2 baddies left. If he was bad, we have 1 left.
Why do you think FZ is the lone mafia Epi?
ImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I decided to make a spreadsheet myself. My three questions marks are FZ, MM and Simon. But I am nowhere near as confident as you to say that FZ is the last baddie. I do think it's likely there is only one baddie left, but that is not set in stone either.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

WTF? RIP Agleaminranks. I can't believe we were wrong about you.

You're wrong Epi! I don't know how your spreadsheet looks like, and I suck at spreadsheets, so I don't have one, but I know you've got something wrong. At this stage, it shouldn't be too hard for you to figure out my role...I think.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

My kids just watched me read the page and when they saw Typhoony's avatar, they tried to do his dance. It was quite hilarious :P
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I won't be here until tomorrow evening. I wonder if SD or Simon felt comfortable avoiding this lynch because it had two townies involved and they knew it.

If I die tonight, I think it's either one of them, or MM.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Typhoony wrote:

Isn't this highly unlikely?

Let's look at the deaths:
Zebra: Pikmin
Sig: Pikmin
Sorsha: Pikmin
Scotty: Pikmin
Enrique + Soneji: Civvies
Matt: Pikmin
DDL: Civvie
Glorfindel: Likely bad
K4J: :shrug: . From his posts I'd say civ, but it's possible he was bad I guess.
Boomslang: Pikmin
Wilgy: Civ
Agleaminranks: Pikmin

That leaves at a maximum: 5 civs, 2 baddies. Where K4J is the big question mark. If he was civ, we have 2 baddies left. If he was bad, we have 1 left.
Why do you think FZ is the lone mafia Epi?
Alcohol-induced frustration.
Typhoony wrote:I decided to make a spreadsheet myself. My three questions marks are FZ, MM and Simon. But I am nowhere near as confident as you to say that FZ is the last baddie. I do think it's likely there is only one baddie left, but that is not set in stone either.
Simon is not the Phosbat.

Last visited:
Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:47 pm

Night 5 started Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:12 pm and the Phosbat killed Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:12 pm (dang, way to be on time, MP).

That puts Simon outside of the window of the Phosbat's kill. Timestamps don't lie.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”