Moderator: Community Team

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [DAY 3] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey everyone, just an FYI, I am forcing myself back to work today (leaving right after I type this post), so the Day 3 post should come at lunchtime. Sorry for the time delays!

At some point here, I'll likely have to push the time back to the evening as well, and then presumably we can keep it consistent from there for the rest of the game.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 194

Post by thellama73 »

I'm actually astonished at how dense everyone is being this game. I could hardly have been more obvious about being a civ. I was actually worried about being too obvious. ANYONE who has ever played a game with me before should be able to see that. I don't know what to make of the fact that people keep piling votes onto me without explanation, except that they are a) not perceptive in the slightest or b) baddies who smell an easy target.

Not sure which is more likely, but it has to be a little of a) since I have more votes than there are baddies.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Nevinera »

Bah, there's nobody I even want to vote for! I feel like lizzy is being uncharacteristically serious and aggressive, which makes me think maybe she's got a chatroom to be silly in? That's all I've got. I still really don't think Llama's bad. Though I guess we'll see soon, probably.

Votes Lizzy
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Lizzy wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Then he decided to sacrifice Goosey to cover his tracks... or maybe someone is framing him, or... maybe it's just a coincidence. :p
As soon as I saw the Night 2 kill, my first thought was that CHAD was framing him, tbh.
Oh did you? How come? ...and how are you familiar with the dynamics between the two since you've only recently joined the site? ... unless someone in your chat has been filling you in. :mafia:
I put in work, read the thread, and came to a conclusion as most people do when they play...?

I'm new to the site, and I may be rusty since it's been a while, but I'm not new to the nuances of the game. Fwiw, Llama's style reminds me very much of a civ game that GrinningTurtle played on Lostpedia. Very aggressive, very bizarre, sometimes suspicious, but a civvie role nonetheless. And if I'm wrong, I have both a hat and a mouth at my disposal.

INH, something that has caught my attention (other than your overall diatribe): You were very unrelenting in pursuing Llama for his faulty logic (re: lynch 1 voting). However, I haven't seen much accountability for the following:
insertnamehere wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nevinera wrote:MP - are we allowed to say what level we are looking in, to help coordinate our search, or that on the List of Unshareable Secrets?
Yes, you are allowed.
Should we try and coordinate our searches?
There's 14 of us, 15 if you count the Indie role. There's either 20 or 22 levels in the game. (Host - Does the first yellow square count as a level? What about the skull square? If Bandage Girl is found in a level, will we find out what level she was hidden in, or who found her?) If the latter is right, we could use this as a tool.
Which eventually led to the accusation that said strategy was very counter-intuitive since the baddies could simply lie about their choices. Now, I actually don't particularly care whether I make my level choices public or not, nor do I think anyone concerned about the publicizing is wrong in their hesitation. However, what I do find unusual is how quiet you were when the negative comments started pouring in concerning this strategy that you took part in conceiving.

Based on that, I think I will be taking one of your lives via my vote today. It's admittedly not my favorite reason to vote for someone that I've ever had, but there's not much else to go on. Also, something about your heavy-handed aggressiveness earlier in the thread didn't seem all that sincere. :shrug: For someone who plays Mafia, I should really be better at reading people, haha.

*votes insertnamehere*
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Lizzy »

Nevinera wrote:Bah, there's nobody I even want to vote for! I feel like lizzy is being uncharacteristically serious and aggressive, which makes me think maybe she's got a chatroom to be silly in? That's all I've got. I still really don't think Llama's bad. Though I guess we'll see soon, probably.

Votes Lizzy
Rawrrrr grrrrarrrr garrrrgle gargle... said Lizzy... trying to blend in.
Now back to business: so, uncharacteristically serious and aggressive, eh? says my first partner in crime on this board. You should know better than most what my behaviour both on the board and in the chat is like when bad. So tell me, Nev, did I hit a nerve? Who are you trying to protect? Dr Llama? Elo? Hedgie? our new friend MR?

@ Elo - this, please.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 444#p42444
MR wrote:I put in work, read the thread, and came to a conclusion as most people do when they play...?
Ahaaaa... well then, I suppose you won't mind if I cast a vote your way. You know, just in case. :mafia:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Epignosis »

I'm going to vote Lizzy too.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Epignosis wrote:I'm going to vote Lizzy too.
Care to explain why?
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Lizzy wrote:
MR wrote:I put in work, read the thread, and came to a conclusion as most people do when they play...?
Ahaaaa... well then, I suppose you won't mind if I cast a vote your way. You know, just in case. :mafia:
If you'd like to contribute to Llama's "vote-spread" idea that was deemed so foolish, then be my guest.

*looks at poll*

Oh, you already did. Erm...well...carry on! :D

So this caveat has lost your interest, I take it?:
Besides Llama and Hedgie, I have Elo left. So unless she decides to stop being evasive, and give a reasonable reply to my post, I'll be voting for her today.

Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
Lizzy wrote:
So this caveat has lost your interest, I take it?:
Besides Llama and Hedgie, I have Elo left. So unless she decides to stop being evasive, and give a reasonable reply to my post, I'll be voting for her today.
Kinda. For now anyway. Butt, if I were you, I'd thank me - I now have a bullseye on my forehead, which means not so much attention on you guys. Know how you can thank me? No NK for yours turely. :mafia:
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Not sure what this conversation turned into, but I'm fairly certain that I can urinate farther. :srsnod: :p

A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by A Person »

I decided to go with Lizzy's judgement and vote with her today, although there are an unusual amount of people who are suspicious in this game.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

:hugs:

@ MR - Oh! I'm terribly sorry! I did not realise... *turns away* :blush:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Elohcin »

thellama73 wrote:I'm actually astonished at how dense everyone is being this game. I could hardly have been more obvious about being a civ. I was actually worried about being too obvious. ANYONE who has ever played a game with me before should be able to see that. I don't know what to make of the fact that people keep piling votes onto me without explanation, except that they are a) not perceptive in the slightest or b) baddies who smell an easy target.

Not sure which is more likely, but it has to be a little of a) since I have more votes than there are baddies.
You were worrying abut looking TOO civ. Maybe others see that as trying too hard to LOOK civ.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Lizzy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I'm going to vote Lizzy too.
Care to explain why?
Just looking at past polls and I don't like your interaction with Hedgeowl.
Lizzy wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote: I am considering Bwt as a vote currently for jumping on your low poster bandwagon. There's not much to go on in this game so far, but latching on to the low poster excuse doesn't feel good to me. :eye:
Says the same Hedgie who jumped on the Devin bandwagon. :eye: :eye:
Hedgeowl was the third voter for Devin. That is hardly what I would call a bandwagon. Three people? Please. If that were the case, then I suppose the Day 2 vote against Hedgeowl was a real lulu! :rolleyes:
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Lizzy wrote:
Elo wrote:*votes llama* Love ya buddy, but others are right in saying that a 16-way tie would not be beneficial. Now you are tied with Dev :p
More or less bandwangon-y.
Elo wrote:I admit that you pinged me a bit at first with your "odd behavior" but there was one post that you made that turned things around for me. You're okay in my book.
Which one q.m.
Elo wrote:I went ahead and voted Hedge.
Why? Besides your tendency to bandwagon.
Elo wrote:I think this is a good idea. Low posters, not llama.
Why? Bandwagony again. :(
Elo wrote:Any other ideas folks?
You. Or maybe you could suggest someone for a change. :mafia:

Yes, I was trying to bandwagon. I believe we need to bandwagon in this game, try to get a baddie asap so we can move forward with some more understanding of who else is bad.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Lizzy wrote::hugs:

@ MR - Oh! I'm terribly sorry! I did not realise... *turns away* :blush:
:hugs:
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

A Person wrote:I decided to go with Lizzy's judgement and vote with her today, although there are an unusual amount of people who are suspicious in this game.
Jeez, I'm getting Lauryn Hill'ed over here! :mad:
Lizzy wrote: @ MR - Oh! I'm terribly sorry! I did not realise... *turns away* :blush:

Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Epignosis wrote: Hedgeowl was the third voter for Devin. That is hardly what I would call a bandwagon. Three people? Please. If that were the case, then I suppose the Day 2 vote against Hedgeowl was a real lulu! :rolleyes:
It was one because I saw no reason to vote for one to vote for Devin that day, unless it was randomised, or given at least some sort of justification. Nev seems to have escaped my watch that day. But no worries. I'm onto him. :mafia: Also, it was that exchange that made me consider Hedgie in the first place at that time, not the bandwagoning itself (notice how I did not bring Elo into discussion that day). But yeah, she's bandwagoning, she twists people's posts, she gives me a few no u's and I'm the bad guy. Makes sense. Someone's getting old. :p

Also, I'm surprised at how many people take me seriously. :smile:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 127

Post by Draconus »

Hey y'all!! Just popping in to check on the poll. It looks like we're still a bit scattered here. And I'm a bit disappointed in the llama voters. You guys are making a huge mistake :evileye:
I'm still not sure about Lizzy, but as someone who inspired my new play-style, I certainly can't take her seriously enough to vote for her just yet :hugs:
Anyways, Back to work. Laters!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:And I'm a bit disappointed in the llama voters. You guys are making a huge mistake :evileye:
Thanks Devin! I think one of the greatest misconceptions in mafia is that different=malevolent. Granted, I've made that mistake in the past, but I have since learned that it rarely works as a strategy to pick out baddies.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:And I'm a bit disappointed in the llama voters. You guys are making a huge mistake :evileye:
Thanks Devin! I think one of the greatest misconceptions in mafia is that different=malevolent. Granted, I've made that mistake in the past, but I have since learned that it rarely works as a strategy to pick out baddies.
Of course!!! Per chance, do you have enough lives to survive this time?? :(

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Of course!!! Per chance, do you have enough lives to survive this time?? :(
I guess we will find out soon!

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [POLLS] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 3

Who is EVIL?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:09:59 am

A Person
No votes

birdwithteeth11
No votes

Boomslang
No votes

Devin the Omniscient
Jigsaw (2)
6%

DisgruntledPorcupine
Russtifinko (7)
6%

Elohcin
No votes

Epignosis
No votes

insertnamehere
thellama73 (3), Mister Rearranger (14)
12%

Jigsaw
Devin the Omniscient (4)
6%

Lizzy
Nevinera (13), Epignosis (15)
12%

Matahari
No votes

Mister Rearranger
Lizzy (16), A Person (17)
12%

Nevinera
No votes

Rose
No votes

Russtifinko
No votes

thellama73
Elohcin (5), Matahari (8), Boomslang (9), birdwithteeth11 (10), DisgruntledPorcupine (12)
29%

Vompatti
Vompatti (6)
6%

MovingPictures07 (host, deadies, non-players)
MovingPictures07 (1), Mongoose (11)
12%

Total votes : 17

Missing votes: Hedgeowl, insertnamehere, Rose
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 3: Biohazard (Again)

No one has died.

It is now Night 3. You have 30 hours to find Dr. Fetus!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [NIGHT 3] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Note:

You have 30 hours instead of 24 in this period to get the timing back to something that works for me. Therefore, the Night 3 period will end at roughly 6:10PM EST. From that point forward, I should be able to keep the times consistently in the evening.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Oh look, I'm still here.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

MovingPictures07 wrote:Note:

You have 30 hours instead of 24 in this period to get the timing back to something that works for me. Therefore, the Night 3 period will end at roughly 6:10PM EST. From that point forward, I should be able to keep the times consistently in the evening.
Cool! Thanks for the extra time! :)

I'm going to the Warp Zone stemming from level 15 tonight. If anyone wants to follow, be my guest; and if I disappear from the poll tomorrow, it could lend some insight as to whether Hedge's removal was intentional or not.

Flash Fact: There used to be a bar back west called "The Hops-ital"; I played there a couple of times. No idea if it's still there, but it was a fun little place.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

I'm bored (2 more hours at work to go!). Random theory of the day: In the video game, the Warp Zones are often where you find unlockable characters. Perhaps some temporary BTSC becomes available when one checks a certain Warp Zone per stage?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mister Rearranger wrote:I'm bored (2 more hours at work to go!). Random theory of the day: In the video game, the Warp Zones are often where you find unlockable characters. Perhaps some temporary BTSC becomes available when one checks a certain Warp Zone per stage?
I haven't been to a warp zone yet so I don't know. I'm bored too. What shall we talk about?

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

thellama73 wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:I'm bored (2 more hours at work to go!). Random theory of the day: In the video game, the Warp Zones are often where you find unlockable characters. Perhaps some temporary BTSC becomes available when one checks a certain Warp Zone per stage?
I haven't been to a warp zone yet so I don't know. I'm bored too. What shall we talk about?
Iunno. :ponder: Warp Zones?

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Assuming I survive another day, my patented search algorithm will take me a war zone on the following night, so I am excited to see what thta is like.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

thellama73 wrote:Assuming I survive another day, my patented search algorithm will take me a war zone on the following night, so I am excited to see what thta is like.
I'm hoping very psychedelic and free from danger. :dance:

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:12 pm wrote:
Kate » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:48 pm wrote:Jc was a civ!

I had a strong feeling fh was bad and I killed her :devil:

Llama, I rezzed you! I didn't know why you kept thinking it was the witch!
I knew it was you who rezed me, but I thought you were the witch!

Being able to see who targeted whom was really useful. I'm glad the game ended before I got hedgeowl wrongfully lynched AGAIN!
I would just like to remind llama of a past statement he made.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:

Being able to see who targeted whom was really useful. I'm glad the game ended before I got hedgeowl wrongfully lynched AGAIN!
First of all, what happens on Revolution Mafia stays on Revolution Mafia.

Second, just because I have been wrong about you in the past does not mean you can never be a baddie, nor does it mean my observations about you are not valid. I've been lynched as a civ more times than I can remember, but that hasn't stopped people from coming after me, has it?

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

@Hedge: Were you silenced for the day as well as removed from the poll?

Wot hoppen?

What are your thoughts on INH and Jigsaw?

What is the meaning of life?

Where's that confounded bridge?

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:

First of all, what happens on Revolution Mafia stays on Revolution Mafia.

Second, just because I have been wrong about you in the past does not mean you can never be a baddie, nor does it mean my observations about you are not valid. I've been lynched as a civ more times than I can remember, but that hasn't stopped people from coming after me, has it?
Of course I can be a baddie. The last game with you in fact, and the one before that I was bad and you recruited me to your indy team. Your observations about me have a 0% success rate. You are wrong about me every single time, this time included.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mister Rearranger wrote:@Hedge: Were you silenced for the day as well as removed from the poll?

Wot hoppen?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote: Your observations about me have a 0% success rate. You are wrong about me every single time, this time included.
Does that mean you think I'm a civvie? Because if I were a baddie, then I would not be wrong about you, would I? I would just be lying.

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:@Hedge: Were you silenced for the day as well as removed from the poll?

Wot hoppen?

:D
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote: Your observations about me have a 0% success rate. You are wrong about me every single time, this time included.
Does that mean you think I'm a civvie? Because if I were a baddie, then I would not be wrong about you, would I? I would just be lying.
Also, suppose I were right about you this time. Wouldn't this be exactly the argument you would make to try to dissuade me? Of course it would, so that makes it meaningless.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

Hedgeowl wrote:

Wot hoppen?

*hed asplodes*

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:I'm bored too. What shall we talk about?
thellama73 wrote:Everyone keeps saying I'm bored. I'm not bored. I could never be bored in one of MP's amazing, exciting games.
:eye:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm bored too. What shall we talk about?
thellama73 wrote:Everyone keeps saying I'm bored. I'm not bored. I could never be bored in one of MP's amazing, exciting games.
:eye:
:haha:

Okay, you got me.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

thellama73 wrote:Oh look, I'm still here.
:yay: Woot!

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

10! ... nuff said :srsnod:

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Does Dr. Fetus get to move Bandage girl each night if we are on the same level?

If not then Night 2:
Jiggy - 2
mongoose 3
mr 7
DP 13
Inh 19

No idea if any of these people are lying, but also no one picked 1, so I will do that tonight.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I pick 7
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Nevinera »

Lizzy wrote: Rawrrrr grrrrarrrr garrrrgle gargle... said Lizzy... trying to blend in.
Now back to business: so, uncharacteristically serious and aggressive, eh? says my first partner in crime on this board. You should know better than most what my behaviour both on the board and in the chat is like when bad. So tell me, Nev, did I hit a nerve? Who are you trying to protect? Dr Llama? Elo? Hedgie? our new friend MR?
I remember how you played that game, yes. You were quiet and serious, and not silly.
Unlike in every game since. I'm actually getting more convinced now that I made a good vote!
I think you played crazy every game since as a reaction to the complete lack of information civs always have to play in..
And you seem pretty not-crazy now.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I can't imagine Lizzy playing such an obvious game.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”