[END] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 83

Re: [DAY 4] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Lizzy »

:haha: I'm impressed, but at the same time quite annoyed. Why? Besides the illusory correlation, which I suppose is proven by the result of the NK, this is one of those rare occasions where I'm experiencing cognitive dissonance and quite a bit of a backfire effect. I refuse to believe that someone as intelligent as Nev would make such a poor excuse for voting for me, especially in that particular context, not to mention the nature of his replies. I'm sure there are better reasons for suspecting me, but not because I'm serious and make on topic posts. Come on! :p I'm rarely serious in a game, but this is your lucky day. So, with the backfire effect in mind, unless he's not rezzed, he's still bad in my book. Thanks a lot, baddies. :p It's like when I'm drunk - I do realise that I turn into a wobbly nonsensical posh person and I also realise just how ridiculous that looks, yet I still have no control over my behaviour. :\

Tl;dr - I suck at this. :blush:
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 127

Post by Draconus »

Lizzy, despite my comment and the fact that Nev died right after voting for you and calling you out, I do get the feeling that he is wrong about you and I will not be voting for you. I trust my gut more than anything else... I just hope I'm not wrong :mafia:

Also, it's still possible that Nev was Brownie :ponder:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 28

Re: [NIGHT 3] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Boomslang »

Mister Rearranger wrote:EBWOP: I can think of 2, but one is a civ, one is bad, and neither would be voting for themselves to achieve anything positive for the civvies.
I see where self-voting would work for Tofu Boy, but why would it help a baddie? Unless you think Vomps is Fetus and is just bouncing off his own immunity, which seems counterproductive.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ok... I'm going to cast the first vote today because I can easily see myself completely forgetting to get back on and vote before the deadline on a day like this. It should be no surprise who my choice is. It was all fun and games the first few days, however, he is scaring me now and if he keeps this up, Jigsaw is going to end up killing me VERY soon. Normally I wouldn't do this, but I would like to ask for everyone's help. Please help me lynch Jigsaw before he kills me. If he is a civ, he is not a helpful civ. He hasn't contributed much at all and he hasn't given me anything to defend myself against ("I think Devin is Dr. Fetus"). That's it. Would you want to keep that around? Or would you want to keep around a useful civ who wants to contribute to the cause?

Thank you in advance for any assistance I receive (if any).
Peace out!! *votes* :offtobed:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Boomslang wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:EBWOP: I can think of 2, but one is a civ, one is bad, and neither would be voting for themselves to achieve anything positive for the civvies.
I see where self-voting would work for Tofu Boy, but why would it help a baddie? Unless you think Vomps is Fetus and is just bouncing off his own immunity, which seems counterproductive.
Wait... What?? How would self-voting work for Tofu Boy? I assume his lives work the same as anyone else's. Plus I would assume he would have the least amount of lives in the game...

Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Matahari »

Something I don't understand, Lizzy- (maybe its a video game thing) wasn't nev killed by chad? Does chad kill members of his own team?
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Wait... What?? How would self-voting work for Tofu Boy? I assume his lives work the same as anyone else's. Plus I would assume he would have the least amount of lives in the game...
He's got "suicidal" in the role description, yo? I think it's safe to assume he's gotta benefit somehow from getting hurt.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Boomslang wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
He's got "suicidal" in the role description, yo? I think it's safe to assume he's gotta benefit somehow from getting hurt.
I can see where a suicidal role would be forced to vote for himself under certain circumstances (thus opening the possibility of Vomps being Tofu Boy). But, by definition these self-votes will eventually result in his death rather than benefiting him.

The only civ role I can see that would not be affected by self-votes is Bandage Girl. She cannot be killed while in Dr. Fetus's possession.

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 194

Post by thellama73 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Ok... I'm going to cast the first vote today
Your bravery is an inspiration to us all. I will gladly help you kill the insidious Jigsaw.

Bandwagon, ho!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

thellama73 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Ok... I'm going to cast the first vote today
Your bravery is an inspiration to us all. I will gladly help you kill the insidious Jigsaw.

Bandwagon, ho!
Bandwagons feel great when you're riding them rather than getting run over :P
Jigsaw
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Jigsaw »

Okay guys, sorry I haven't been posting. But I need to tell you that I am not Doctor Fetus. I need to keep you guys updated more, and I'm sorry Devin, I just suspect you as being him...you're giving off a weird vibe..
Wanna play a game....
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Jigsaw wrote:Okay guys, sorry I haven't been posting. But I need to tell you that I am not Doctor Fetus. I need to keep you guys updated more, and I'm sorry Devin, I just suspect you as being him...you're giving off a weird vibe..
If you think Devin is Dr. Fetus, why are you voting for him?

YOUR STORY IS FULL OF HOLES, JIGSAW, AND YOU ARE GOING DOWN!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

I don't know why you think its me anyway? I mean I found his ass in level 2 in the first world. And I told you guys I could pick 3 levels that one time. I'm being honest. If you wanna kill me go ahead, but I promise I am not Doctor Fetus.
Wanna play a game....
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

Why wouldn't I vite for him If I think he's Doctor Fetus?
Wanna play a game....
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Jigsaw wrote:Why wouldn't I vite for him If I think he's Doctor Fetus?
Because read the roles. That's why.

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Elohcin »

Because I think bandwagoning is key in this game, I vote Jiggers.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

:( he said something at the beginning of the game that made me suspect him..I honestly forgot what he said. And I know devin in real life. He's giving off a vibe man..
Wanna play a game....
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Im going to vote jigsaw, because the love/hate rest going on between devin, llama, and jigsaw is odd for lack of a better word. Also because I still don't know my ass from first base in this game. Votes jigsaw
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Well, the thing that has stood out to me most has been the push against Hedgeowl with, from what I've seen, absolutely no evidence at all. I'm convinced there's something sinister going on there, though I'm not sure if it stems from llama for starting it or from the bandwagon-hoppers who followed his lead.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Also, I personally doubt that Tofu Boy benefits from being suicidal, whether that means he actually has to vote for himself or not. MP had a similar role in his Bioshock game. I believe it was a piano player who had an increasing chance of killing himself every night. It was kind of a doomed role, and the player certainly didn't benefit from being dead, but I don't think it's far-fetched at all to say MP put a role in this game that is designed to eventually kill itself with no benefit to civs or baddies.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Matahari wrote:Something I don't understand, Lizzy- (maybe its a video game thing) wasn't nev killed by chad? Does chad kill members of his own team?
So long as he doesn't target the Doc, I suspect it is possible. Not very likely though.

Bandwagoning on Jiggy, I see. Fine, I don't why just yet. However, if he's a civ, I assume it might take a few days to lynch him. In the mean time, I'll go with what I have at the moment - MR. :mafia:
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

... who is not on the poll today. :haha:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Lizzy, why do you suspect MR? I was thinking about him (and you, for that matter) for your Hedgeowl votes the other day. I haven't played with him before though, so I don't have a confident read on him yet. I may have missed it in my reread, but what about him caught your eye?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Russtifinko wrote:Lizzy, why do you suspect MR? I was thinking about him (and you, for that matter) for your Hedgeowl votes the other day. I haven't played with him before though, so I don't have a confident read on him yet. I may have missed it in my reread, but what about him caught your eye?
Ugh! I've said this over and over again: I think he slipped.
Mister Rearranger wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Then he decided to sacrifice Goosey to cover his tracks... or maybe someone is framing him, or... maybe it's just a coincidence. :p
As soon as I saw the Night 2 kill, my first thought was that CHAD was framing him, tbh.
How can someone who has only recently registered on the board know about Llama and Mongoose, and thus the possibility of Llama being framed when Goosey was NK'd on night 2, unless someone has been telling him about in the chat?

His reply, of course, less than satisfactory:
I put in work, read the thread, and came to a conclusion as most people do when they play...?
Yeah, right!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Apparently, being off the poll also renders you silent. I'm going to hypothesize that this is a result of warp[ zoning. I'm picking a warp zone tonight, so if I disappear tomorrow, you will know why.

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Hedgeowl »

Lizzy wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Lizzy, why do you suspect MR? I was thinking about him (and you, for that matter) for your Hedgeowl votes the other day. I haven't played with him before though, so I don't have a confident read on him yet. I may have missed it in my reread, but what about him caught your eye?
Ugh! I've said this over and over again: I think he slipped.
Mister Rearranger wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Then he decided to sacrifice Goosey to cover his tracks... or maybe someone is framing him, or... maybe it's just a coincidence. :p
As soon as I saw the Night 2 kill, my first thought was that CHAD was framing him, tbh.
How can someone who has only recently registered on the board know about Llama and Mongoose, and thus the possibility of Llama being framed when Goosey was NK'd on night 2, unless someone has been telling him about in the chat?

His reply, of course, less than satisfactory:
I put in work, read the thread, and came to a conclusion as most people do when they play...?
Yeah, right!
I somehow missed this theory of yours before, but it does make me wonder. Does that make you not suspect llama, but rather someone who is framing him and filled MR in on the deets?

I am a bit at a loss who to vote for currently, but we have several other players I hope to hear from soon. I am just not sure about the jiggy bandwagon, but it does looks like we would get info there. I tend to beleive him currently though.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

thellama73 wrote:Apparently, being off the poll also renders you silent. I'm going to hypothesize that this is a result of warp[ zoning. I'm picking a warp zone tonight, so if I disappear tomorrow, you will know why.
Convenient way to dodge suspicion and get off radar. You won't pick a warp zone if you're dead. *votes llama*
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Boomslang wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Apparently, being off the poll also renders you silent. I'm going to hypothesize that this is a result of warp[ zoning. I'm picking a warp zone tonight, so if I disappear tomorrow, you will know why.
Convenient way to dodge suspicion and get off radar. You won't pick a warp zone if you're dead. *votes llama*
Oh, I don't think I'm going to be dead.

Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Hedgeowl wrote:
I somehow missed this theory of yours before, but it does make me wonder. Does that make you not suspect llama, but rather someone who is framing him and filled MR in on the deets?
I did and still do suspect Llama, but this was another reason why I thought Nev was involved. If Llama is indeed behind it, then he's probably the Doc and it's no use voting for him.:\
I am a bit at a loss who to vote for currently, but we have several other players I hope to hear from soon. I am just not sure about the jiggy bandwagon, but it does looks like we would get info there. I tend to beleive him currently though.
I don't know either. You could be an option, Vomps is not very into it, DP as well... Not sure. I may resort to the self vote of shame on this occasion. :p
Jigsaw

Post by Jigsaw »

:'(
Wanna play a game....
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Epignosis »

I voted Boomslang.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:I voted Boomslang.
Good call.

Hey Boomslang, why is it so super suspicious when I announce I am going to a warp zone, when if I really wanted to blend in I would just have gone without telling anyone? Hm? Are you going to call out Hedge and INH and BWT and MR for disappearing down warp zones too?

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Well I have to vote now, there's a tornado coming. I don't trust llama or MR. Llama's casual defiance of Boomslang's vote makes me worried he may be the Doc, but MR's off the poll, so it's llama for me today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

And did Lizzy vote herself?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Yes it seems Lizzy did vote herself. Unless you are a baddie, not sure how that helps us.

I do wonder about Boomslang, but Llama's announcement about a warp zone feels weird. I really cant decide, but my instincts are saying bad, which makes me wonder about Devin too if thats the case. I hope llama isnt Dr. fetus in fact, but am voting him.

*votes Llama*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [POLLS] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 4

Who is losing lives now?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:20:44 pm

A Person
No votes

Boomslang
Epignosis (10) 8%

Devin the Omniscient
Jigsaw (4) 8%

DisgruntledPorcupine
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

Epignosis
No votes

Hedgeowl
No votes

Jigsaw
Devin the Omniscient (2), thellama73 (3), Elohcin (5), Matahari (6) 33%

Lizzy
Lizzy (8) 8%

Matahari
No votes

Rose
No votes

Russtifinko
No votes

thellama73
Boomslang (7), Russtifinko (11), Hedgeowl (12) 25%

Vompatti
No votes

MovingPictures07! (host, deadies, non-players)
MovingPictures07 (1), Mongoose (9) 17%
Total votes : 12

Missing votes: A Person, birdwithteeth11, DisgruntledPorcupine, insertnamehere, Mister Rearranger, Rose, Vompatti
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

It sure is lucky MP gave me those extra lives for inventing a contest and then winning it. Thanks, MP!

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 4: Pit Stop

No one has died. The players have arrived at Chapter 3: The Salt Factory.

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours to find Dr. Fetus!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:It sure is lucky MP gave me those extra lives for inventing a contest and then winning it. Thanks, MP!
As amused as I was, I did no such thing.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:It sure is lucky MP gave me those extra lives for inventing a contest and then winning it. Thanks, MP!
Well now I just feel used. :(

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 42

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Yeah, that's what your mom said last night.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Don't talk about the Llama mama! (I know her irl and she's the coolest) :dance:

Considering Llama has received 14 votes there are only so many options for his role. Don't think he would have survived otherwise. So Dr. Fetus seems to be the leading theory, although I cnat see him skipping sending in a a level. It says Bandage Girl cant be killed, so is that just NK'd?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Re: [NIGHT 4] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by A Person »

I missed the vote on account of forgetting about it because of the power going out every few minutes. No idea who I'd've voted for anyway.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Lizzy wrote:
Russtifinko wrote: Ugh! I've said this over and over again: I think he slipped.
Mister Rearranger wrote:
I didn't think any statement could have less than 0% logic to it, but there ya go.

Why would I need to be familiar with the players (I've played with Mongoose at least once before this, iirc) to understand their back-and-forth in THIS thread and the possible circumstances of one baddie role killing one of those players?

And obviously you're not familiar with my playstyle, so why assume anything about me or the way I want to play the game? :confused:

Russ did seem to find agreement with you pretty quickly though. Perhaps you are more persuasive than I give you credit for. :shrug:
Boomslang wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
I don't know what clinics you're hanging out at, but I don't know anyone who has ever benefited from being suicidal. That's far from a "safe" assumption.

Furthermore, I was referring to Tofu Boy on the civ side, and Little Horn on the baddie side. Look at the role:
• Little Horn – A giant shadow monster from Hell that resembles Meat Boy, this villain grows strength from the failure of others. When the players are in Chapter 4: Hell, Little Horn selects a target every night to attack. Little Horn's speed starts as normal, but grows faster with every player's death; similarly, his attack grows more powerful with every player's fatigue.
1. Another reason why we shouldn't be divvying up votes and continuing to make ourselves weaker over time.

2. Little Horn is a player. His attack grows more powerful with every player's fatigue. Voting for himself would increase his fatigue. Couldn't this make his attack more powerful?

HOST: Can you tell us if Little Horn's fatigue will also contribute to his attack power? Is he considered a "player" for the purposes of this role description?

I wasn't referring to Fetus at all. Personally, I don't think Fetus or Bandage Girl are just hanging back and happy to lose lives just because they can't die in the polls. I've considered the possibility that remaining lives will come into play during the "Final Showdown", and thus, Fetus would probably want to make sure he's stocked up. Surprised nobody else has thought about this.

Also, mayormaynot:

RE: Hedge vs. Llama. I'll be collecting and revising my thoughts on the matter accordingly as tonight passes.

linki @ Hedge: I don't know if he's lost enough lives to jump to the Fetus conclusion just yet.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

EBWOP: I missed the quote end on Lizzy's post, zut! *facepalm*

The Russ box is Lizzy, the Lizzy box is me. And then everything below it.

Ugh! >.<

Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

Hedgeowl wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Don't talk about the Llama mama! (I know her irl and she's the coolest) :dance:

Considering Llama has received 14 votes there are only so many options for his role. Don't think he would have survived otherwise. So Dr. Fetus seems to be the leading theory, although I cnat see him skipping sending in a a level. It says Bandage Girl cant be killed, so is that just NK'd?
Yeah, 14 votes and surviving starts to look a bit fishy.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Boomslang wrote: Yeah, 14 votes and surviving starts to look a bit fishy.
Answer my questions from earlier, Baddieslang!

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

If I had a baddie nickname, would would it be?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

I would say, "Evilgoose", but since I went to Oswego, I know that all geese are evil. :srsnod:

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 42

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Boomslang wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Yeah, 14 votes and surviving starts to look a bit fishy.
Exactly. Either he is Dr. Fetus or there is some other reason that we aren't aware of.

Not to mention llama's suspicions seem to be all over the map this game. He's referred to several people as baddies with no real rhyme or reason. I know he likes to try wacky/crazy methods of playing, but this one has no logic to it.

Unless I see evidence that says otherwise, I'm assuming there's a very good chance llama is bad.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”