Moderator: Community Team

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 42

Re: [DAY 4] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:It sure is lucky MP gave me those extra lives for inventing a contest and then winning it. Thanks, MP!
As amused as I was, I did no such thing.
Well now I just feel used. :(
Yeah, that's what your mom said last night.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Hedgeowl »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:It sure is lucky MP gave me those extra lives for inventing a contest and then winning it. Thanks, MP!
Don't talk about the Llama mama! (I know her irl and she's the coolest) :dance:

Considering Llama has received 14 votes there are only so many options for his role. Don't think he would have survived otherwise. So Dr. Fetus seems to be the leading theory, although I cnat see him skipping sending in a a level. It says Bandage Girl cant be killed, so is that just NK'd?
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Re: [NIGHT 4] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by A Person »

I missed the vote on account of forgetting about it because of the power going out every few minutes. No idea who I'd've voted for anyway.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Lizzy wrote:
Russtifinko wrote: Ugh! I've said this over and over again: I think he slipped.
Mister Rearranger wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Then he decided to sacrifice Goosey to cover his tracks... or maybe someone is framing him, or... maybe it's just a coincidence. :p
As soon as I saw the Night 2 kill, my first thought was that CHAD was framing him, tbh.
How can someone who has only recently registered on the board know about Llama and Mongoose, and thus the possibility of Llama being framed when Goosey was NK'd on night 2, unless someone has been telling him about in the chat?
I didn't think any statement could have less than 0% logic to it, but there ya go.

Why would I need to be familiar with the players (I've played with Mongoose at least once before this, iirc) to understand their back-and-forth in THIS thread and the possible circumstances of one baddie role killing one of those players?

And obviously you're not familiar with my playstyle, so why assume anything about me or the way I want to play the game? :confused:

Russ did seem to find agreement with you pretty quickly though. Perhaps you are more persuasive than I give you credit for. :shrug:
Boomslang wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Mister Rearranger wrote:EBWOP: I can think of 2, but one is a civ, one is bad, and neither would be voting for themselves to achieve anything positive for the civvies.
I see where self-voting would work for Tofu Boy, but why would it help a baddie? Unless you think Vomps is Fetus and is just bouncing off his own immunity, which seems counterproductive.
Wait... What?? How would self-voting work for Tofu Boy? I assume his lives work the same as anyone else's. Plus I would assume he would have the least amount of lives in the game...
He's got "suicidal" in the role description, yo? I think it's safe to assume he's gotta benefit somehow from getting hurt.
I don't know what clinics you're hanging out at, but I don't know anyone who has ever benefited from being suicidal. That's far from a "safe" assumption.

Furthermore, I was referring to Tofu Boy on the civ side, and Little Horn on the baddie side. Look at the role:
• Little Horn – A giant shadow monster from Hell that resembles Meat Boy, this villain grows strength from the failure of others. When the players are in Chapter 4: Hell, Little Horn selects a target every night to attack. Little Horn's speed starts as normal, but grows faster with every player's death; similarly, his attack grows more powerful with every player's fatigue.
1. Another reason why we shouldn't be divvying up votes and continuing to make ourselves weaker over time.

2. Little Horn is a player. His attack grows more powerful with every player's fatigue. Voting for himself would increase his fatigue. Couldn't this make his attack more powerful?

HOST: Can you tell us if Little Horn's fatigue will also contribute to his attack power? Is he considered a "player" for the purposes of this role description?

I wasn't referring to Fetus at all. Personally, I don't think Fetus or Bandage Girl are just hanging back and happy to lose lives just because they can't die in the polls. I've considered the possibility that remaining lives will come into play during the "Final Showdown", and thus, Fetus would probably want to make sure he's stocked up. Surprised nobody else has thought about this.

Also, mayormaynot:

RE: Hedge vs. Llama. I'll be collecting and revising my thoughts on the matter accordingly as tonight passes.

linki @ Hedge: I don't know if he's lost enough lives to jump to the Fetus conclusion just yet.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

EBWOP: I missed the quote end on Lizzy's post, zut! *facepalm*

The Russ box is Lizzy, the Lizzy box is me. And then everything below it.

Ugh! >.<

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Boomslang »

Hedgeowl wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Don't talk about the Llama mama! (I know her irl and she's the coolest) :dance:

Considering Llama has received 14 votes there are only so many options for his role. Don't think he would have survived otherwise. So Dr. Fetus seems to be the leading theory, although I cnat see him skipping sending in a a level. It says Bandage Girl cant be killed, so is that just NK'd?
Yeah, 14 votes and surviving starts to look a bit fishy.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 194

Post by thellama73 »

Boomslang wrote: Yeah, 14 votes and surviving starts to look a bit fishy.
Answer my questions from earlier, Baddieslang!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 172
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

If I had a baddie nickname, would would it be?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

I would say, "Evilgoose", but since I went to Oswego, I know that all geese are evil. :srsnod:

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Boomslang wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:
Exactly. Either he is Dr. Fetus or there is some other reason that we aren't aware of.

Not to mention llama's suspicions seem to be all over the map this game. He's referred to several people as baddies with no real rhyme or reason. I know he likes to try wacky/crazy methods of playing, but this one has no logic to it.

Unless I see evidence that says otherwise, I'm assuming there's a very good chance llama is bad.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Boomslang wrote: Yeah, 14 votes and surviving starts to look a bit fishy.
Exactly. Either he is Dr. Fetus or there is some other reason that we aren't aware of.
Maybe I am just awesome. Did you ever consider that?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Sorry for missing the vote. I ended up leaving from my friend's house rather late. :p 24 hour days are not a thing I'm good at, haha. :D
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

What leads you guys to think 14+ lives is strange?

Granted, there are plenty of other reasons to suspect Llama (and believe me, I'm now considering them all), but I'm not following that one. :/

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mister Rearranger wrote:What leads you guys to think 14+ lives is strange?

Granted, there are plenty of other reasons to suspect Llama (and believe me, I'm now considering them all), but I'm not following that one. :/
They are all probably weak, with very few lives to spare. Let's vote for them and make them die.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
HOST: Can you tell us if Little Horn's fatigue will also contribute to his attack power? Is he considered a "player" for the purposes of this role description?
His own fatigue does not contribute to his attack power.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:

They are all probably weak, with very few lives to spare. Let's vote for them and make them die.
Yeah....not helping your case.

MR - 14 lives seems on the high side to me, but we all have different amounts, so maybe for some it's not. The idea has been floated that baddies might also have more than civs. We could give it another go and see because at this point Llama is the closest, but I don't think we should waste another lynch.

Mongoose - first two I thought of were Bongoose and Bangoose. :blush: so maybe just BadGoose (also has the Dr. Who Bad Wolf feel then :D )
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Elohcin »

As much as I suspect llama, I have to agree that 14 lives isn't enough to suspect him. This makes me think that Boomslang has less than 14 lives. Maybe we ought to go after him next as he will take less time to lynch.
Boomslang wrote:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Elohcin wrote:

As much as I suspect llama, I have to agree that 14 lives isn't enough to suspect him. This makes me think that Boomslang has less than 14 lives. Maybe we ought to go after him next as he will take less time to lynch.
Boomslang wrote:
So because Boomslang is one of the people to suggest the 14+ lives idea, you think we should lynch him for it? How does that make any sense?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

The main reason I suspect Baddieslang is him coming after me for saying I was going to select a warp zone. He still has not answered my questions about it being more shifty to go to one without telling anyone or about his not going after the people who have already been removed from the poll in the past.

I think he jumped on something in an effort to scapegoat me without thinking it through, and now he's caught.

Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I voted Boomslang.
Good call.

Hey Boomslang, why is it so super suspicious when I announce I am going to a warp zone, when if I really wanted to blend in I would just have gone without telling anyone? Hm? Are you going to call out Hedge and INH and BWT and MR for disappearing down warp zones too?
By announcing it, you're trying to clear your intentions, seem less shady while, in fact, being shady. You're disguising baddie behavior "testing a hypothesis." Now that you mention them, everyone you previously described might be good places to start looking as well.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I'll go with 16.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Vompatti »

When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:

Boomslang wrote:
So because Boomslang is one of the people to suggest the 14+ lives idea, you think we should lynch him for it? How does that make any sense?
We are trying to lynch a baddie as soon as possible. Going for a baddie with fewer lives seems logical to me.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Elohcin wrote:Going for a baddie with fewer lives seems logical to me.
Also, it's a good idea to actually go for a baddie instead of me, who is not one.

Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

thellama73 wrote:
Also, it's a good idea to actually go for a baddie instead of me, who is not one.
NO U

Also, answered your questions. Responses?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Boomslang wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
NO U

Also, answered your questions. Responses?
I don't think your response made sense, honestly. If I wanted to hide inconspicuously in a warp zone, why would I have announced it while voting was still going on? I don't see how you think that is a baddie play.

Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Lizzy »

Mister Rearranger wrote:
I didn't think any statement could have less than 0% logic to it, but there ya go.

Why would I need to be familiar with the players (I've played with Mongoose at least once before this, iirc) to understand their back-and-forth in THIS thread and the possible circumstances of one baddie role killing one of those players?

And obviously you're not familiar with my playstyle, so why assume anything about me or the way I want to play the game? :confused:

Russ did seem to find agreement with you pretty quickly though. Perhaps you are more persuasive than I give you credit for. :shrug:
Well, some players are more familiar with each other in the sense that some are irl acquaintances, friends etc. Besides the content of your statement, the tone of certainty also gave you away.

And, in case you haven't noticed, none of the above has anything to do with your playing style, just a post and a series of replies that you've made. ;)
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 127

Post by Draconus »

Jigsaw wrote:Okay guys, sorry I haven't been posting. But I need to tell you that I am not Doctor Fetus. I need to keep you guys updated more, and I'm sorry Devin, I just suspect you as being him...you're giving off a weird vibe..
I'M FRAGGIN WEIRD, 'M'KAY?!?! Go read the first 57 pages of Homestar Runner Mafia!

Compromiiezzze? :mafia:

Linki: If we can come together for a common cause, I deftly suspect MR the most right now because of his playstyle... But alas I have not played with him before :sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

I've got nothing to hide when it comes to my civviness. After the night passes, we'll have a nice, long talk. :)

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

K! :D

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 48

Post by insertnamehere »

I chose 14 if anyone cares.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

insertnamehere wrote:I chose 14 if anyone cares.
:hugs: I care.

DP - 16
Vomps - 11
INH - 14
Hedge - 9

Anyone else?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

I did 17.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ooh! I'll do 10 again! Thanks for the indirect reminders! :phew:

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm doing a warp zone, but I won't say which one, Baddieslang!

Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer

I went for 6

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 4: Can o' Nothing

There was no race.

Dr. Fetus did not hide... and thus was found by everyone! The players pursue him and arrive at Chapter 4: Hell.

It is now Day 5. You have 24 hours to lynch a villain!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [DAY 5] Super Meat Boy Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Effective immediately, Mongoose 2.0 is replacing Rose.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Effective immediately, Mongoose 2.0 is replacing Rose.
Weeee, love me.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

1) Dr. Fetus fails to hide 2 nights in a row, clearly inactive
2) Rose is inactive enough to be replaced by Mongoose
3) Mongoose = Dr. Fetus?

You're probably wondering why I'm here (and so am I, so am I.) My Warp Zone fun did not proceed as planned.

Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Matahari »

Hi mongoose!
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Yay Mongoose!
thellama73 wrote:1) Dr. Fetus fails to hide 2 nights in a row, clearly inactive
3) Mongoose = Dr. Fetus?
I was going to say #1 myself. But I am not sure we can jump right to the conclusion that Mongoose = Dr. Fetus. There are other players who are not very active. However, even if Dr. Fetus does not hide during the next night period, I don't think we can let Mongoose off the hook either. If she is Dr. F, she might not hide to try and fool us.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Matahari »

Elohcin wrote:Yay Mongoose!
thellama73 wrote:1) Dr. Fetus fails to hide 2 nights in a row, clearly inactive
3) Mongoose = Dr. Fetus?
I was going to say #1 myself. But I am not sure we can jump right to the conclusion that Mongoose = Dr. Fetus. There are other players who are not very active. However, even if Dr. Fetus does not hide during the next night period, I don't think we can let Mongoose off the hook either. If she is Dr. F, she might not hide to try and fool us.

I agree.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Wow, you all got it in one! I guess we can all close up shop and head to the beach.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

So to confirm, no one has died from lynch votes yet?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:So to confirm, no one has died from lynch votes yet?
I have.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
I have.
You sir, are a gentleman and a liar.

I am also reading you as a civ this game. How the heck did you end up getting so many votes though this far anyway?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I have.
You sir, are a gentleman and a liar.

I am also reading you as a civ this game. How the heck did you end up getting so many votes though this far anyway?
I'm unreadable and people fear that. They also hate what they fear.

A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 82

Post by A Person »

Hi mongoose :D
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 48

Post by insertnamehere »

My current stance on Llama is that he's either Bandage Girl, and doing this stuff "just cause". Or he's Dr. Fetus and is doing this as an experiment, and just to fuck with us. OR, he's just a different civvie role who's got a lot of lives, and is doing this as an experiment. To me, the third is the least likely.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”