Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [ENDGAME]

Post by nijuukyugou »

There’s a thin semantic line between weird and beautiful. And that line is covered in jellyfish.

WELCOME TO NIGHT VALE MAFIA
A speed game for 19 interns

Citizens of Night Vale (12)
Citizens of Night Vale must stick together to overcome the evils that plague their community. Civilians must eliminate both mafia teams to win.

Cecil Palmer
The voice of Night Vale at Night Vale Community Radio. Cecil broadcasts a report through the host each night to be displayed in the thread.

Carlos the Scientist
Perfect. Carlos. Carlos uses an unexplained source of funding to run scientific experiments. He may use this knowledge to lie detect a statement on three occasions.

Old Woman Josie
Old Woman Josie out near the car lot says the angels revealed themselves to her. Each night, she searches for Erika; if found, they gain BTSC.

Erika (AKA the Angels)
Angels may or may not be real. They are all named Erika. Erika searches for Old Woman Josie each night; if found, they gain BTSC.

John Peters
You know, the farmer? A frequent contributor to Night Vale Community Radio, John Peters (you know, the farmer?) sends a message via the host to Cecil each night.

Steve Carlsberg
Ugh. Steve Carlsberg is just about the worst guy there is. Each night, Steve may search a player and learn if (s)he has BTSC. If he targets Cecil, Steve's vote is worth 0 the next day.

Pamela Winchell
The former mayor of Night Vale and current Director of Emergency Press Conferences. Pamela may hold a press conference to remove someone from the lynch poll on three occasions.

Dana Cardinal
A former intern of Night Vale Community Radio, Dana has survived a fight with her own doppelganger and returned from the alternate dimension in the dog park. Dana survives her first kill attempt.

Khoshekh
A cat who hovers in the men’s bathroom of the Night Vale Community Radio station, Khoshekh has poisonous kitty spine ridges along his back. Anyone who targets Khoshekh will have +1 vote added on them the next day.

Sheriff of Night Vale
This enigmatic leader of the Sheriff’s Secret Police operates in a hovering office above the clouds. The Sheriff uses his secret police force to protect a player on odd nights.

Apache Tracker
A white guy wearing a huge and cartoonishly inaccurate Native American headdress. Can you believe this guy said he used “Indian magics”? What an asshole. The Apache Tracker tracks a player each night.

Tamika Flynn
The 13-year-old renowned destroyer of librarians and commander of an army of child soldiers, Tamika has amazing strength of will under duress. Tamika blocks a player on even nights. *Secrets*

StrexCorp (3)
Believe in a smiling god. Must outnumber civilians and eliminate the Politicians. Kills on odd nights. Has BTSC.

Kevin
Kevin is the host of Desert Bluffs Community Radio. He uses his dark, soulless eyes to silence a player each night. *Secrets*

Lauren Mallard
A member of StrexCorp management, Lauren briefly takes over as management of Night Vale Community Radio. She uses her access to community records to role check on 2 occasions *Secrets*

Marcus Vanston
Marcus is Night Vale’s wealthiest resident. Some have said he is worth over 5 billion dollars. And have you seen how many cars that guy owns? Wow. Marcus’ vote is worth 2.

Politicians (3)
These guys just want to make Night Vale a better place...by any means necessary. Must outnumber the civilians and eliminate StrexCorp. Kills on even nights. Has BTSC.

Glow Cloud
ALL HAIL. The Glow Cloud uses its influence to force a player’s vote each Day.

The Faceless Old Woman Who Secretly Lives in Your Home
She’s always there, just out of your sight. The Faceless Old Woman insanifies a player each night in the manner of her choosing.

Hiram McDaniels
Literally a five-headed dragon; who cares? *Secrets*

Independent (1)

The Man in the Tan Jacket
Countless residents have seen him, but no one can seem to remember exactly what he looks like - just that he has a tan jacket and a deerskin suitcase, and he has been spotted all over town. *Secrets*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia

Post by nijuukyugou »

Intern List:

The Living:

Boomslang
Dom
Dr Wilgy
insertnamehere
Neverwhere / Replaced Night 3 by Quin
Ricochet
speedchuck
sprityo

See you at Homecoming:
Made Lynched Day 1 - Steve Carlsberg
nutella Killed Night 1 by StrexCorp
Long Con Lynched Day 2 - Lauren Mallard
DFaraday Killed Night 2 by the Politicians
Elohcin Lynched Day 3 - Cecil Palmer
Lorab Killed Night 3 by StrexCorp
timmer Killed Night 3 by ???
Jackofhearts2005 Lynched Day 4 - Tamika Flynn
Golden Killed Night 4 by the Politicians.
Epignosis Lynched Day 5 - Marcus Vanston
TonyStarkPrime Killed Night 5 by the Man in the Tan Jacket
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

The Night Vale City Council would like to remind citizens of the following rules and regulations:

1) This is the host's color. Do not use it. Failure to comply will result in months of painful color re-education at City Hall.

2) Dead players should post in dead red. Off-topic posts should be in off-topic green. Non-players should post in NP blue, and should not discuss game mechanics, etc.
3) Days are 24 hours. Nights are 23 hours. All night actions must be submitted within the night period, upon pain of death rehabilitation.
4) Votes are not changeable.
5) All players on the side of the winning faction will win.
6) No double-targeting or self-targeting.
7) No unauthorized BTSC (behind-the-scenes chat). BTSC will only occur in city council-approved locations.
8) No role-claiming or role-outing.
9) Editing or deleting of posts is strictly forbidden.
10) Do not reveal the contents of host PMs.
11) No assholery. If you see something [you don't like], say something [to the mod, JaggedJimmyJay], and drink to forget.
12) Dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park. Try not to look at the dog park.
13) Tell the thread your favorite mythical creature in your first post, and why it would win in a battle against other mythical creatures.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Roles will be PM'ed shortly. Stand by.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by nijuukyugou »

A friendly desert community where the sun is hot, the moon is beautiful, and mysterious lights pass overhead while we all pretend to sleep.

Listeners, I am I happy to announce the start of Night Vale Community Radio’s annual Intern Relay. Candidates for the relay must be in good health, good academic standing, and must obtain three letters of recommendation from teachers, advisors, long-deceased pets, or a librarian. Please be sure that letters are legible through any blood spatterings that can and will result from obtaining a recommendation.

So far, we have received applications from 19 candidates for the Relay, a record number. We at the station are thrilled to see so many eager young interns in spite of last year’s Gluten Massacre. Boy, we all remember that fiasco, but our streets are nearly free of breadcrumbs and other improperly digested body parts, so we are ready to begin this year’s festivities! More on this event as it develops.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Post away.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

First! My favorite mythical creature is the phoenix. And it would win by default because it just keeps coming back. Attrition is a hell of a bitch.

Let's go to Double Mexico!
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 483

Post by Golden »

I wasn't going to look at the dog park, but then all people could talk about was the dog park, and now all I can see is the bloody dog park.

My favourite mythical creature is the merman. It will drown all of the other creatures. It doesn't matter how many times a phoenix comes back, in the water it is just a damp bird.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Yay game. Seriously, this is my favorite podcast. And I love it a lot.

Thinking about the game, vis a vis the show, I was going to say angels, but I support their right to exist as actual creatures. So, I'm going to go off game and say unicorns. Because they're awesome. And that horn can stab the fuck out of any other creatures. Also, unicorns!!!

I was hoping for Svitz or Luftnarp, but will probably go double Mexico. Or maybe Tropical.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hidy ho folks,

I'll be your moderator on duty for this game. If at any point you become frustrated, irritated, angry, or you feel a strange and unexpected bit of indigestion don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. I'm looking forward to keeping up with the game. Do the Mafia things that you do.

:nicenod:
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I voted Singapore, I want to go see Heiots.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Epignosis »

I, Skeletor, would defeat Blooper, because Skeletor can do this:

Read the rules people. That's how Pokemon got lost.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 pm I, Skeletor, would defeat Blooper, because Skeletor can do this:

I won't do that again.

My favorite mythological creature is Pegasus, which will beat your mythological creatures by being turned into stars by Zeus and burning / outlasting your monsters to death.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I was gonna be unoriginal and say dragon, but meh, too generic, and besides Hiram McDaniels is a baddie so it might not be the best choice. I'll be slightly less unoriginal and say griffin cause they're pretty cool. And would win because it has cool talons and wings and is simultaneously a cute kittycat.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 119

Post by insertnamehere »

howdy folks

I'm going to Tropical, as it's supposedly very nice this time of year.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 119

Post by insertnamehere »

my favorite mystical creature is the skinwalker, as it's scary and walking what with the skin and stuff

did i pass
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Looks like INH is our first offender.

I'd love to go to Singapore. I hear it's an amazing food city.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 15

Post by DFaraday »

I'll go with the Golem, and it would win against any other creature since, being made of clay, it can never die unless the creating rabbi does so.

Is Double Mexico an in-universe reference?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 107

Post by DrWilgy »

Of course my favorite mythical creature is a doctor. It could easily win any battle, because other mythical beings don't exist (except wendigos, those totes exist).

Hello everyone, my name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely not a doctor.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 amHello everyone, my name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely not a doctor.
That's a myth.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

DFaraday wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:17 am I'll go with the Golem, and it would win against any other creature since, being made of clay, it can never die unless the creating rabbi does so.

Is Double Mexico an in-universe reference?
I haven't heard much of the podcast but Double Mexico is listed at http://nightvale.wikia.com/wiki/Locatio ... ote-ep87-2
So I would guess it is.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 17
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

*immediately check the rules to see if calling someone mafia out the gate is against the rules*
nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:16 pm The Night Vale City Council would like to remind citizens of the following rules and regulations:

hmm....

Epignosis, my favorite Mythical Creature, is looking pretty sketch-a-rino so far. His wit-ness-ness does give him an advantage in early game against most mytho doodads. Not comfortable with a vote there just yet. More details to follow, catching up. Sorry for low post count. Voting myself for now.
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Made wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:35 am *immediately check the rules to see if calling someone mafia out the gate is against the rules*
nijuukyugou wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:16 pm The Night Vale City Council would like to remind citizens of the following rules and regulations:

hmm....

Epignosis, my favorite Mythical Creature, is looking pretty sketch-a-rino so far. His wit-ness-ness does give him an advantage in early game against most mytho doodads. Not comfortable with a vote there just yet. More details to follow, catching up. Sorry for low post count. Voting myself for now.
eww pink
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Made is town
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Golden wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:38 amMade is town
No alignment outing :suspish:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Made wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:40 am
Golden wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:38 amMade is town
No alignment outing :suspish:
Boy, you're going to make this game tough...

I'm voting for Ninja because, umm.... yeah.... no particular reason... :p
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 15

Post by DFaraday »

Double Mexico seems too obvious, given that it's specifically a show thing. The wiki does indicate that all of these locations have been mentioned on there, but I want to go with something less popular.

Voting Mexico, even though I've been there multiple times.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

My favorite mythical creature is the gamesaving late game replacement townie. Think about it. No matter how powerful your creature is, the replacement player could come in, realize your monster is scum and get them lynched. I thought I saw one of these once but it may have been my imagination.

(Actually, this is my fourth favorite but my three favorites are all offensive.)
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:05 am My favorite mythical creature is the gamesaving late game replacement townie. Think about it. No matter how powerful your creature is, the replacement player could come in, realize your monster is scum and get them lynched. I thought I saw one of these once but it may have been my imagination.

(Actually, this is my fourth favorite but my three favorites are all offensive.)
I'm sorry but i cannot see how a late game town could defeat a dragon or like cthulhu unless that's like their thing or smthng
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Made wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:05 am My favorite mythical creature is the gamesaving late game replacement townie. Think about it. No matter how powerful your creature is, the replacement player could come in, realize your monster is scum and get them lynched. I thought I saw one of these once but it may have been my imagination.

I'm sorry but i cannot see how a late game town could defeat a dragon or like cthulhu unless that's like their thing or smthng
I've never seen a lynchproof dragon or cthulhu.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

The posts here got weird, quick.

I have to say, my favorite mythical creature is a mermaid. I'm not sure how they could defeat other mythical creatures, but I don't care. They're still my favorite.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

Oh...and lets go to Tropical.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 pm I, Skeletor, would defeat Blooper, because Skeletor can do this:

12) Dogs are not allowed in the dog park. People are not allowed in the dog park. Try not to look at the dog park.

:nicenod:
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

My favorite mythical creature has to be a griffin. Nothing's more badass than a griffin
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 170

Post by Ricochet »

:SVS:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Tropical ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in Tropical?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Epignosis wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:47 am Image

Tropical ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in Tropical?
I suggest you start suspending your disbelief...on pretty much everything....welcome, to night vale.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Did you or did you not create any Golem?

And if you did, does it look like this?

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 209

Post by speedchuck »

My favorite mythical creature is Satan. Satan, say hi.

*lion roars*

Satan says hi. The reasons Satan is my favorite are as follows:
-Satan is the archetype of Prometheus and all other rebellious gods that brought knowledge, fire, and advancement to man.
-Satan is a fallen angel, which makes him probably both handsome and soooo emo.
-Satan is really, really proficient at making things that are so bad seem so good.
-Satan is both relatable and vilified.
-Any guy who helps humanity to leave a nudist garden full of fruit is a good guy. I don't even like fruit.
-I can call him Stan. :)

Why can Satan beat all your mermaids and griffins and such? Well, if a myth's power comes from the belief of humans, then Satan's got them all beat by miles. A decent number of people believe he actually exists.
In an actual strength contest, Satan has whatever power he is allowed to have, I think. He is bound in chains, but is given power sometimes when he requests it. So if the Abrahamic God wanted to use his old adversary to destroy a skinwalker, I think he could do it. But this is speculation.

That about sums it up for my best buddy, Stan.

*lion roars*

Stan, that was rude.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I have not created a Golem. But I know how to kill them!!
TonyStarkPrime

Re: Welcome to Night Vale Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

My second favorite mythological creature is The Gible, which would beat the late game replacement townie by not reading the rules and therefore being dead and thus preventing late game replacement townie from swooping in and replacing.

I think we should go to Brazil. They have a nice jungle.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 pm Read the rules people. That's how Pokemon got lost.
:omg: Votes are not changeable!

How do we even?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 32
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hi dudes. My favourite mythical creature is the Kraken. I like the Kraken.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh, and it would win because dem tentacles go on for days.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:32 am Hi dudes. My favourite mythical creature is the Kraken. I like the Kraken.
This is my 2nd favorite mythical creature. Imagine all the sushi and calamari.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Delish!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I could go for some calamari right now. I really, really could.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

speedchuck wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:41 am I could go for some calamari right now. I really, really could.
You throwin shade at me Chuck?
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 am
speedchuck wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:41 am I could go for some calamari right now. I really, really could.
I would have thought that our host might feel that way.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:48 am
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:47 am
I would have thought that our host might feel that way.
Hmmm... I think we should ask for city council approval regarding all sea creature dishes.
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”