Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:53 pm @Long Con

Your thoughts?

Also, did this give you a bell notification?
Yeah, I got a bell.

My thoughts? I like Epi's latest idea. Let's lynch Dom. Or DDL. You still want that, Ep?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm a little worried about Jack buddying me, because he's been very agreeable to my point of view. But if we three are all Civ, then it does behoove us to work together.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:17 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:53 pm @Long Con

Your thoughts?

Also, did this give you a bell notification?
Yeah, I got a bell.

My thoughts? I like Epi's latest idea. Let's lynch Dom. Or DDL. You still want that, Ep?
It's Night 1. I'll make up my mind Day 2.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Oh!

Re: Jimmy attacking Sig

Not fair to compare early pirates Sig to late pirates Sig and then contrast early pirates Sig with Sig here cause he got real busy irl. I want to hear more from Sig and won't give him a pass all game but still. Not a fair comparison imo.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:31 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:06 pm Good puke Jay. I quite enjoyed the "meta pajamas" analogy. :p I also found your assessment of Jack to have merit and will keep that in mind as I sort out how I feel about him. And I agree with your funky vibes from DDL; even given that he's been posting while catching up, a lot of his posts have felt vague and directionless.

Tell me how you feel about all of the players whose usernames begin with S: sig, Sloonei, Spacedaisy, speedchuck, and sprityo.
Without having done the deep digging yet that I'd like to do, I can spare some gut takes:

sig as a civilian pirate was more engaged and effortful in the high-octane Day 1 aboard the pirate ship than he was in this high-octane Day 1. Bad vibes.

Sloonei's thing about the eyeroll emoji amused me, and I don't know that I'd expect that flippant response to an accusation from Darth Sloonei. Good vibes.

Spacedaisy appears at a glance to be Doing Work. She has engaged numerous dialogues with an assertive tone, and is bringing the Big Posts. We don't always see this level of motivation from Annie. Good vibes.

speedchuck was willing to engage suspects pointedly, and he cut down his suspect pool with transparent civilian reads (or at least pledges not to lynch). I also like the tone he exhibited in his handling of the Epi/LC feud. Good vibes.

sprityo's posts don't offer much in the way of original contribution. Reads exist here but I don't follow their origins, and there's some piggy-backing happening. That's not ideal. Bad vibes.
:srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: :srsnod: All fantastically correct answers.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Marmot »

Death on the Mountain

The above post title is a misnomer. This is a game of mafia where one expects death at the end of every phase. A mountaineering expedition has a similar style. It makes for a better blockbuster film if someone dies.

Well, this night is not that story. This expedition has been rather uneventful.

No one has died. It is now Day 2. You have 24 hours to blow up a mountain.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

K2 wrote:Dear Mountains,

Day 1 could have gone better but it also definitely could have been much worse. Nutella is clearly a big mountain. I'm unsure about LC and Epignosis but I think we could benefit from them backing off each other for a little while. Jack should be getting more attention than he is; something feels off about him. Speedchuck too. DDL is not as active as I've seen him be before and it makes me nervous. There's 19 players, let's be careful not to let anyone slip through the cracks.

We have been provided with a second chance. Let's do our very best moving forward.

Sincerely,
Your Friendly Neighborhood K2
Night PMs are going out now.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

So essentially 23 pages of free content. Let's start Day 1 all over again, folks.

DDL has my vote right now. ISO me for stuff on that. Back to work I go.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

K2 is somebody who knows how to handle a semicolon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

i'm voting for ddl
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Also, I am angry.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:13 am K2 is somebody who knows how to handle a semicolon.
But not a comma. :ponder:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

oh sweet no death! and I like K2's thoughts.

I'd be down for a DDL lynch
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot stole my idea of hosting a mafia game where no one dies as a prank. >:( *votes Marmot*
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Voting Sig as a quieter player D1. Vibing K2, have a thought as to who it might be.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I want to look at Jack today, I agree with K2 that something seems off about him.

I feel a little better about epignosis every time he says literally anything other than a defense against LC's thing which.... fuck, idk. I think maybe he's just weird. I think someone else pointed out though that without epigs bad responses the case is basically built out of mundane garbage
Mesk514
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Mesk514 »

There's seems to be some sort of miscommunication.... First of all, I don't make reads lists day 1. I have and always lived by that unless it's like a 1 day lynch game. That does not mean I don't give reads... although I must say even when I do give reads they appear to be more meaty than actual substance... that's actually myself in general haha.

While I only touched upon four players in a ramble rant high as fuck at 2:30 this morning, I did actually touch upon the fact that I think Kyle is good, given i can reference the game i hosted and i can see the difference in his activity and style.... While I may have rambled that last night, JJJ basically just communicated that more effectively... It also may be a ramble but theres more than just commentary in there, so please don't down play it like i tried to pull a buncha shit outta my ass.

Tbf, the most recent game i hosted had 750 posts and it was a 5 day long game.... We are only day 2 and this game has heavily surpassed that. I don't know any of you, I don't know your play styles, how you speak... how you act when you lie..... THAT is how I play mafia, like it or not. I see some of you referencing older games, I can't do that... You can't necessarily do that for me as well but let's chat lol. mind you as well I haven't been active, I apologize BUT it's just so overwhelming.

My thoughts on day 1? too much shit, thank you very much. I tell everyone flat out, if there's a large wall post, I most likely won't read it. My ADHD and stoner mind won't even allow me to get like 3 sentences in.

Why Epi pulled my name out of a hat to associate myself with him... no clue... if he doesn't want to vote me... good on him... smart choice!
Mesk514

Post by Mesk514 »

also, fun fact.... i am actually in mountain time
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Mesk514 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:09 am also, fun fact.... i am actually in mountain time
Is mountain time in the Eastern Hemisphere? I thought it was in Montana for some reason.
Mesk514

Post by Mesk514 »

I'm in Alberta... I always thought mountain was like, smack in the middle of Canada and Murica. I know Ohio has the same time.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Mesk514 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:47 amTbf, the most recent game i hosted had 750 posts and it was a 5 day long game.... We are only day 2 and this game has heavily surpassed that. I don't know any of you, I don't know your play styles, how you speak... how you act when you lie..... THAT is how I play mafia, like it or not. I see some of you referencing older games, I can't do that... You can't necessarily do that for me as well but let's chat lol. mind you as well I haven't been active, I apologize BUT it's just so overwhelming.
I can sympathize with you on this point. In a manner of speaking I'm kinda new here too. All those names up there? 3 weeks ago I only knew 6 of them. It's hard to get pushed into a new environment with unfamiliar unfamiliar meta's and weirdos and new names to learn and general game mechanics... It's overwhelming.

The thing is, i you use it correctly it can also be a tremendous strength. You have a unique set of mafia skills and experience that only you bring to the table, even if you don't have syndicate-meta knowledge yet. Sometimes examining people's behaviors without meta context makes scum moves easier to see.

I experienced the same thing when I played your game in sc2 and I used it to get away with playing passively, because I was a nasty crime murder boy and because it was easy. I really want you to be a townie so please do your best to prove to me that you're not doing the same thing here.
Mesk514

Post by Mesk514 »

While I totally agree, I'm more a consistency play style kinda gyal. So while I intend to use that in my game here, it's only going to come out a bit later as I can only reference pass days for consistency. I'm also not too worried about dying so, i'll be here for a bit.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

See but the thing is, that's exactly what you'd say if you were employing that strategy, isn't it? [mention]Mesk514[/mention]

I just want to see at least a few reads from you, even if they're not strong. What have you got to lose? You seem pretty well liked so far and I don't think anyone is inclined to lynch you 2 days into your first day here so.... Please? For my sake?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'ma kick today off with a rainbow, avoiding yellows to the best of my ability. with lots of yellows given the two replacements and extreme low posters. I hope to find a better place for them today.
Kylemii
Long Con

nutella
speedchuck
Spacedaisy
colonialbob

Dom
DrWilgy
JaggedJimmyJay
insertnamehere
sig
sprityo

Mesk514
Jackofhearts2005

Elohcin
Dragon D. Luffy
Sloonei
Epignosis

I will take questions. Unless your question is "Why do you have every read you have", in which case, suck a brick.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

DDL, why'd you vote nutella yesterday? Where's it gonna go today? Can you tell me a little bit about those town reads of yours?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Quin »

sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:41 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm As for the cbob and mesk no-vote posts... they're empty filler. Neither of them are in any way real or substantial gameplay. There was nothing about mesk's "dirt" comment that should lead to any alignment decisions. IF you really feel the need to read into it, it indicates a general ignorance or the game structure, which doesn't show as good or bad. And I don't feel like it was even that. Does anyone disagree with this?

And the Rocket Man lyrics response is equally devoid of value. So Epi would have spared his vote for any player who acknowledged his Elton John joke. Why? It doesn't even plant a seed that could grow into a suspicion, it doesn't put anyone on the spot, the only effect is to make cbob slightly more comfortable.
So cut and dry, what does this tie back to? What are you trying to say?
What are you trying to say?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:46 pm
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 pmI want to hear more of what LC has to say because he has my ear
That's the opposite of how most people in the thread feel, I think. On any particular subject? Surely not about Epignosis.

Elohcin: ok, I think I have a different way of explaining it.

Quin thought Epi was buddying mesk and bob. In order for him to be right, that Epi is a baddie doing some buddying, he is assuming that mesk and bob are Civ. Are you with me on that?
I never really thought about that, actually. It'd be more likely that they're both town if that's the case, but one shouldn't entirely disregard the tinfoil that one (or even both) of them are his teammates.

But I didn't think any of that at the time. I'm not thorough enough to meet such scumhunting standards. :sigh:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

What do people think about Sloonei? GTH's, cases, whatever.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:07 am Me too! *vote Epignosis*
Are you still angry from the previous game with epi where he found you out as mafia?

quote=Sloonei post_id=381309 time=1511158093 user_id=405]
Put a vote on Spacedaisy. Do we believe her guilt to be coming from a place of empathy for game hosts everywhere, or from her role card?
I believe her.

quote="Dragon D. Luffy" post_id=381323 time=1511181545 user_id=399]
I don't like this Epi lynch. Feels like there's a bunch of scum surrounding him like vultures waiting to see if they can lynch him or not. Lots of people "kind of" wanting to vote for him.
[/quote]

I agree with this.

Posting but still catching up.
[/quote]

What does Elohcin thinks about the people "kind of" wanting to vote for him? Maybe she's answered this. if not, I'd like one.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am I don't like this Epi lynch. Feels like there's a bunch of scum surrounding him like vultures waiting to see if they can lynch him or not. Lots of people "kind of" wanting to vote for him.
I agree with this.

Posting but still catching up.
What does Elohcin thinks about the people "kind of" wanting to vote for him? Maybe she's answered this. if not, I'd like one.

*ebwop
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:12 am DDL, why'd you vote nutella yesterday? Where's it gonna go today? Can you tell me a little bit about those town reads of yours?
Lemme catch up first. 11 pages.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Elohcin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:42 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:36 pm I see Elohcin!
Elohcin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:34 pm Oh. My. Goodness. Reading this thread is like listening to my children bicker. I'm not done catching up, but I'm over it. This.post below is why I'm voting LC. He admits to making up a reason to accuse epi of being bad. This ia what mafia have to do to look like they are scum-hunting.
Epignosis wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:40 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:07 pm

WHY do you make me DO THIS? I wasn't "identifying" them as Civilians. It's an obvious and necessary assumption in order to be able to accuse you as I have.
Ah. An assumption. Three of them, actually. Glad to hear you admit it.

You have to assume three people are civilians to arrive at the conclusion that I am bad. Let that sink in.

Yet I can't say I'm not going to vote a guy because of Elton John or that I raised an opinion regarding Mesk's response to being big or little. Too bad you didn't quote the next line to "Rocket Man." Because then I would have been buddying you. :nicenod:
That's why you voted for me, Eloh, and I feel like you gained clarity about the misunderstanding. You understood that I didn't "make up a reason to accuse Epi", and yet you left your vote on me. Why?
I still feel like you were voting epi for a nonsense reason which is what mafia will do.
I'm not Elohcin, but when I'm presented with a counter that doesn't ...inspire... me, I'm inclined to press further. Not wait until the lynch is over and I'm prodded with the argument again. I feel like Elohcin just wanted somewhere to put her vote and was pressed for time.

I know it happens constantly, but I'm in ISO mode and this stood out. Hence, post.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:16 am Outside of lynching mafia, that was the best possible Day 1 outcome one could hope for.

I agree with Spacedaisy's post below, but would like to add some commentary.
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:43 am I disagree with the Sutter Buttes one. We have not yet had a night in which to turn any actions in. The Sutter Buttes hide a fellow little mountain at night and it decreases the vote tally against them the following day. I think this can be discounted as a reason for what occurred.

If Everest, then it might not be her
If Aconcagua, then it is her
If Pico Cristobal Colon, then it doesn't have to be her, but they must be someone who feels confident using their one time power to save her...
If Matterhorn, ??? we just don't know enough to eliminate this one
Disregarding Sutter Buttes for reasons already stated above...
Olympus Mons, same boat as Matterhorn

This doesn't clear her, but her survival is in no way a clear indication of her being bad. in fact I think her behavior might actually be explained by a couple of these possibilities and leans me even more towards my previous belief that Nutella is not bad.
The most likely scenario is that one of the Long Con voters is Everest. Five out of nineteen is 26.3%.

nutella being Aconcagua is 5.3%.

nutella being Pico Cristobal Colon is 5.3%, while five missing voters is 26.3%. Additionally, it isn't common practice to stop the very first lynch, when the least amount of information is available.

With all the revealed vote manipulation abilities in play, I am less inclined to believe Matterhorn's ability relates to vote manipulation.

I agree that the Sutter Buttes ability was not in play Day 1.

With all the revealed vote manipulation abilities in play, I am less inclined to believe Olympus Mons' ability relates to vote manipulation.

Two more observations:
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:24 am Let's at least make this a tie k
First, nutella was interested in making it a tie, which implies an advantage to be had on her part if the result was a tie.
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:47 pm Thanks, nut!

Hey, are you a little mountain?
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:48 pm hahahahhah very no
Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:32 pm Since Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world
Second, this autocorrect folly:
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 pm *vote Nutella*

I want to hear more of what LC has to say because he has my ear

From Nutella i haven’t picked up icy over the course of checking in throughout today
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:44 pm Picked up anything*

Anything is icy people,

Autocorrect is a gift
nutella wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:04 pm well sprit all I can say is I sure am icy, ha ha
Okay then.

All of these circumstances point to nutella as being cleared. I see no scenario outside of the independent (or an unwise intervention on the part of Senhor 1492) that points to nutella being bad.

And if she is bad, I swear by Fuck Mountain I will flip a table. :suspish:
I don't know shit about Epi aside from that he likes beer and is good at math, but Epi pretended to be ignorant of statistics in a previous Lost game when bad. When he busts out little stuff like this (underlined) I think well of him.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Heyyyy, Mesk, fellow Canadian!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:06 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:02 am
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:45 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:41 am
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:36 am
Quin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:47 pm

This following "I move my vote around constantly on Day 1" begs an explanation.
My final Day 1 vote is not the same as a Day 1 pressure vote. I like for that one to be reasoned and informed. All the other ones are just me poking people with a stick. I was saying that I hadn't been convinced that Epi was deserving of a final vote, but that the door was not shut on it.

Epi's not getting my vote today.
Sloonei, are you a little mountain?
No
I asked you to explain why you'd say that about Epi but not throw a vote there to support it, and you told me about the criteria that would have earned Epi your final vote.
huh?
> You throw votes out like candy on Day 1
> I use the word candy because I've given up on my own country's vocabulary
> You suspect Epi but won't put the final vote on him at that time
> I question why he didn't at least earn a pressure vote
> You tell me that your final vote is cast when it's well reasoned
> This exchange does not make me happy
I understanding why you don't like it but I recall random pressure votes really being Sloonei's playstyle.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:43 am I disagree with the Sutter Buttes one. We have not yet had a night in which to turn any actions in. The Sutter Buttes hide a fellow little mountain at night and it decreases the vote tally against them the following day. I think this can be discounted as a reason for what occurred.

If Everest, then it might not be her
If Aconcagua, then it is her
If Pico Cristobal Colon, then it doesn't have to be her, but they must be someone who feels confident using their one time power to save her...
If Matterhorn, ??? we just don't know enough to eliminate this one
Disregarding Sutter Buttes for reasons already stated above...
Olympus Mons, same boat as Matterhorn

This doesn't clear her, but her survival is in no way a clear indication of her being bad. in fact I think her behavior might actually be explained by a couple of these possibilities and leans me even more towards my previous belief that Nutella is not bad.
Agree with this. There is a chance someone else is Everest and voted against the Nutella lynch, but the implication she knew it would be a tie gives a high chance she is a civ. Assuming she is not manipulating that in the first place.

She is still playing in a very scummy way, though...
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:03 am
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:06 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:02 am
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:45 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:41 am
Quin wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:38 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:36 am

My final Day 1 vote is not the same as a Day 1 pressure vote. I like for that one to be reasoned and informed. All the other ones are just me poking people with a stick. I was saying that I hadn't been convinced that Epi was deserving of a final vote, but that the door was not shut on it.

Epi's not getting my vote today.
Sloonei, are you a little mountain?
No
I asked you to explain why you'd say that about Epi but not throw a vote there to support it, and you told me about the criteria that would have earned Epi your final vote.
huh?
> You throw votes out like candy on Day 1
> I use the word candy because I've given up on my own country's vocabulary
> You suspect Epi but won't put the final vote on him at that time
> I question why he didn't at least earn a pressure vote
> You tell me that your final vote is cast when it's well reasoned
> This exchange does not make me happy
I understanding why you don't like it but I recall random pressure votes really being Sloonei's playstyle.
That's not the argument I'm trying to make :why:
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Mesk514 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:06 am Shit... am i even allowed to swear...
This site has a "no asshatery" zero tolerance policy, so do not insult people. But throwing a couple non-directed swears every now and then is fine. We are all adults here (excluding maybe Kyle but he doesn't count).

Sometimes there are actual children playing or hosting, though (i. e. Epi's kids). In that case it's recommended you avoid any swearing whatsoever. But it is not the case of this game.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:30 am Oh also, welcome to the site and it's nice to meet you! :daisy:

We occasionally hold family friendly games, but the game outline will clearly stipulate the language rules for that game. And they are rare. We try not to censor language, we only hold fast to our one absolutely line in the sand which is basically that we don't allow any slurs against any person or group based upon their race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, etc. So pretty much "Don't be a dick" sums it up for us. All other language is fair play. But we do tend to try and treat each other with respect while we call each other scummy lying wolves.
Ninja's by Daisy.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well ninja'd if your definition for ninja is "not slow as fuck" because I am reading this post literally a day later.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Mesk514 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:47 am Oh and before I forget, what is info dumping?

P.S, I come from a site where teens bully the new players and call them... fags LOL
and as the leader I can't do much :( it's sad
You would like to play mafia in Naruto Forums I think.

We don't call people fags (at least not unironically, that is) but we have a trollish sense of humor.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

My concern with the above is that while Sloonei likes to throw around his votes early and often, he didn't put one on Epi despite essentially declaring him a worthwhile Day 1 lynch candidate. I asked him about that and he danced around that point and told me about how he decides where his final vote of the Day would be made.

He mentioned that Epi already had decent pressure on him at the time, which is basically the response I'd expect from a civilian Sloonei, but since it wasn't his initial response to me it doesn't hold as much weight.

I don't know what his mafia motivation for this is, though.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Mesk514 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:50 am ...........wtf

im tripping... did you just say night posting is a thing.... whats the point of that
The Syndicate is an alien civilization that came to the internet a few years ago and brought customs that were unknown to the inhabitants of Earth. So far they have done a decent job integrating with the human species, having changed some of their classic sustoms such as banning changing of votes and not letting dead players win (though both are unnoficial and some hosts still do them), but they still have some weird alien habits that to this day are weird to us Earthlings. Although some Earthlings like me like to copy their customs and take them to other sites, like Rainbow Lists and Gman's Technicolor Vote Tally.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:40 pm Kyle looks better two pages later.

I agree with Nutella's assertion about Epi vs LC back and forth. Or about every back and forth, tbh. I usually automatically skim it when I notice it's just two players arguing semantics over and over and whatnot.

That said, Nutella's post complaining about them gave me a bad vibe.

Okay 12 pages left.

This is when I realize to my horror that I've been stuck at 11-13 pages left for a whole day.

Now I'm only 6 pages left. But that's because I stopped trying to read everything thoroughly and now I'm skimming everything.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:45 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:39 pmThe only sense I can make of it is that you and LC are baddie teammates who planned to go after each other.
So, according to you, Epi and I must have been sitting in BTSC, rubbing our hands together going, "Oh boy, let's get into it in the thread! This is going to be great! Just watch us cruise to victory by arguing about some logical misundestanding on Day 1, and then BOOM, we win and they'll never know what hit them! :feb: "

I can't believe you actually think this. :haha:
Epi is going to reply with "I've only done that once in mafia syndicate".

But fuck it. There is always a second time.

He did the exact thing you are describing in Guess Who mafia.

So he is is capable of it. Maybe he does it only once every 50 games. But Im'm pretty sure he played more than 50 games here so that's irrelevant.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:08 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:58 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:45 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:39 pmThe only sense I can make of it is that you and LC are baddie teammates who planned to go after each other.
So, according to you, Epi and I must have been sitting in BTSC, rubbing our hands together going, "Oh boy, let's get into it in the thread! This is going to be great! Just watch us cruise to victory by arguing about some logical misundestanding on Day 1, and then BOOM, we win and they'll never know what hit them! :feb: "

I can't believe you actually think this. :haha:
I have played on baddie teams with Epi, I most certainly do believe that he would love to bus his teammate right off the bat.
Another common unfounded belief about me. I don't know why it keeps coming up. I most certainly do not like the idea of bussing a teammate right off the bat (or ever). I've done it literally one time in history (DDL in Guess Who?) and it was for the sheer novelty of it, as I had never done it before. The only other occasions I recall bussing a teammate was out of necessity because the teammate had already talked himself into a corner and there wasn't any coming back from it (Scotty in one of G-Man's games was one of those rare instances).

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:58 pm And you guys always go after each other, every game you play together without fail. You both know to do otherwise would look suspicious. I doubt the topic of your shouting at each other was worked out in advance. So now you are telling me you think it was all a misunderstanding? You don't believe Epi is supicious?

My issue with your whole back and forth was this, you were reaching to the max and you know it. And Epi didn't respond like someone who really wants to get you lynched even though he should have if he were civ. Neither of you behaved normally in this.

Linki: That possibility is the only thing making me feel like this might all be tinfoiling and exactly why I didn't vote for LC in the last lynch. Also why I have decided either you two are baddies together or you (Epi) are civ.
I didn't really want to get LC lynched outside of the mindset that, whether he was good or not, if he got lynched, I wouldn't have to waste my time with his crappy accusations against me. I knew that was my mindset, and that I had been there before, and that if LC isn't bad and I'm only dissatisfied with his performance, I'm not helping myself by trying to get him lynched.

Doing the same thing over and over isn't normal. Learning from the past is.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little mountains."

:slick:
Oh damn ninja'd again.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:23 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:53 pm (Basically I would think LC is scum but following such a stupid argument if he didn't genuinely see something in Epi is suicidal)

(And that's a town meta read on LC for me)
LC would not have, as scum, taken one of the danciest, hardest-to-lynch targets and formed a stupid argument to try and lynch him. My meta on LC says this sincere, earnest, and suicidal lynchlust comes from a town headspace.

And seriously, who would target Epi as their easy D1 lynch?

Motive-wise, it makes zero sense for LC to be scum outside of tinfoil land.
That depends on what you think LC's intent is.

"try to lynch" doesn't implicate in actually having that person's lynch as the only goal.

When I am bad I try to lynch people but I don't mind if they don't actually get lynched. The first and most important intent for me is to look civ, not to try to move the game into lynching Civ A or Civ B.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:21 pm
Dom wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:22 pm y'all talk too much
I'm not voting for Dom on Day 2. For this is the best post in the thread.
He makes it every game.
Yeah but in this game I actually agree with him all the way.

(not really, tbh. It's delightful to see all this activity in the Syndicate. Please keep doing it)
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:17 am
sprityo wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:41 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:34 pm As for the cbob and mesk no-vote posts... they're empty filler. Neither of them are in any way real or substantial gameplay. There was nothing about mesk's "dirt" comment that should lead to any alignment decisions. IF you really feel the need to read into it, it indicates a general ignorance or the game structure, which doesn't show as good or bad. And I don't feel like it was even that. Does anyone disagree with this?

And the Rocket Man lyrics response is equally devoid of value. So Epi would have spared his vote for any player who acknowledged his Elton John joke. Why? It doesn't even plant a seed that could grow into a suspicion, it doesn't put anyone on the spot, the only effect is to make cbob slightly more comfortable.
So cut and dry, what does this tie back to? What are you trying to say?
What are you trying to say?
What
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:25 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:29 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:55 pm I've said my piece on today's lynch. Plenty of other people haven't provided much content so I'll give them a chance to catch up or speak.

I'll be lurking until EOD in case anyone has questions or I need to move my vote.
This post gives me a very political vibe.

I hate politicians.
I have four times as many posts as you, you're annoyed at all the posts but me stopping posting for the night is bad indicative.

K.
You are interpreted it wrong.

I couldn't care less about you stopping for the night.

I just didn't like the way you put it. Seems like you are reading yourself for a possible jump near EoD to save a teammate, while at the same time excusing yourself for not posting.

You don't need to relay that kind of information if you are a civ. I'm looking at your motivation for doing it. Feels like a politician wanting to excuse bad deeds.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”