Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Mountain Mafia [END]

Post by Marmot »

Mountain Mafia

A game for 19 players.

Mountain (noun) - a large natural elevation of the earth's surface rising abruptly from the surrounding level; often characterized by a local relief exceeding 600 m (2,000 ft), though this measurement may vary.

Mountains are often noted by an obvious (often snow-covered) peak and relative rise above the local area. Mountains can range in size from the world’s highest peak of Mt. Everest in Nepal (8,848) to the miniature and slightly misnamed Stone Mountain in Georgia, USA (1,686 ft/514 m). Mountains are formed from various geological phenomena, such as the current or long-inactive shifting of plate tectonics, or the presence of volcanic activity. The human fascination with mountains can be seen throughout the history of its race, most notably in religious practices. Mt. Olympus was the recognized home of the ancient Greek gods. Mt. Fuji in Japan is recognized as one of the “Three Holy Mountains” of Shinto. The many peaks of the Himalayas are considered sacred to believers of Hinduism and Buddhism in Southeast Asia. In modern times, the religious appreciation of mountains has waned, but the awe-inspiring nature is still there.

And so, I introduce to you Mountain Mafia: a mafia game dedicated to the majestic and beautiful nature of mountains. Mountains are listed by decreasing elevation.

The Big Mountains (14)

--- The Big Mountains must eliminate the Small Mountains to win. ---
Mount Everest, Nepal/China (8,848 m) - Since Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world, its vote is worth one more than its normal value. If Everest dies, this ability will be inherited by the next tallest mountain on the earth.

K2, Pakistan/China (8,611 m) - K2 is the second highest mountain in the world behind Everest, though it is actually far more deadly for mountain climbers (almost 25% death rate). K2 may write a message to the thread each night, warning of danger.

Aconcagua, Argentina (6,961 m) - Aconcagua is the highest mountain in South America, and the highest outside of Asia. Though Aconcagua is so tall, it is not technical in terms of climbing, and thus is a popular target for mountaineers because of the relative safety. Aconcagua will survive the first attempt on its life.

Chimborazo, Ecuador (6,268 m) - While Chimborazo is not nearly as tall as Everest or some other peaks, it does hold the distinction of its summit being the farthest point on the Earth from the Earth’s center. As such, Chimborazo may borrow a power from any Earthly mountain taller than it each night.

Denali, USA (20,237 ft/6,168 m) - Denali is the highest mountain in North America, located in Alaska. Denali searches nightly for Logan, its child peak. If Denali finds Logan, they gain permanent BTSC.

Mount Logan, Canada (5,959 m) - Mount Logan is the second highest peak in North America, and thus the highest in Canada. Logan searches nightly for Denali, its parent peak. If Logan finds Denali, they gain permanent BTSC.

Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania (5,895 m) - Not only is Kilimanjaro the highest peak in Africa, but it is the highest lone peak in the world (it is not part of a mountain range). Kilimanjaro may choose to isolate itself during three different night phases, making it immune to night actions. Any time Kilimanjaro does this, its vote the following day is worth one less.

Pico Cristóbal Colón, Colombia (5,700 m) - Pico Cristóbal Colón is the highest mountain in Colombia, and part of the tallest coastal range in the world (Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta). Cristóbal Colón may stop one lynch.

Mount Elbrus, Russia (5,642 m) - Mount Elbrus is the highest mountain in Europe, and actually has two summits, both of which are dormant volcanoes with a 21 m height difference. Twice in the game, Elbrus may peek at another player’s alignment, though he will only learn the truth on one of these occasions.

Pico de Orizaba, Mexico (5,636 m) - Pico de Orizaba is the third highest peak in North America, and the highest in Mexico. It is also the second most prominent volcano in the world and one that is still prone to activity. If Orizaba is lynched, it will erupt, killing the player of its choice who voted for it that day.

Mount Kenya, Kenya (5,199 m) - Mount Kenya is the second highest mountain in Africa. It used to be much taller (over 7,000 m tall), but glaciation caused a dramatic loss in height over time. Kenya may nightkill once in the game, though as time goes on, the success rate of this kill is affected.

Puncak Jaya, Indonesia (4,884 m) - Puncak Jaya is the highest island peak in the world and is located on the island of New Guinea. Due to its location, it is rare to see the summit because of constant clouds, storms, and monsoons. Puncak Jaya may send a storm to another player each night.

Mont Blanc, Italy/France (4,807 m) - Mont Blanc (translated as the White Mountain) is the highest mountain in the European Alps. It is popular for skiing, and even houses an underground tunnel that crosses underneath the Alps, a cable car that crosses over the Alps, and at one point, an observatory. Blanc may utilize each of these devices once in the game to…
  • Mont Blanc Tunnel - Blanc may switch two players, switching their targets as well as redirecting night actions targeted at one to the other.
  • Cable Car - Blanc may bring another player into the cable car, removing that player from the lynch poll the following day.
  • Janssen Observatory - Blanc may use this rickety observatory to take a look at Olympus Mons, the Martian mountain.
Matterhorn, Italy/Switzerland (4,478 m) - Matterhorn is known less for its height, and more for its almost perfect pyramidal shape, with 4 ridges rising up to an obvious peak. It is still one of the highest peaks in the European Alps. --- Secrets --- If you manage to finish four separate day periods with 0 votes, you will become immune to all active night actions for the rest of the game.

The Little Mountains (4)

--- The Little Mountains have BTSC and must eliminate all other Earthly mountains to win. ---
Sutter Buttes, USA (2,122 ft/647 m) - The Sutter Buttes are referred to as the smallest mountain range in the world. These buttes form a circular range with just a 10 mile diameter. The Sutter Buttes can hide a fellow Little Mountain inside each night, decreasing their vote count the following day by one.

Wrekin, England (407 m) - Each night, the Wrekin may call upon Gwendol Wrekin to nightkill another player.

Mount Wycheproof, Australia (148 m) - Wycheproof is the shortest registered mountain in the world, at a whopping 148 m tall. At such an insignificant height, it often goes unnoticed. One action that Wycheproof is targeted with each night will be negated.

Chocolate Hills, Philippines (120 m) - There are so many of these hills in this area that they haven’t all been counted yet. There are so many hills, and they look like chocolate kisses when the grass dries out. This distracts another player nightly, roleblocking a player of Chocolate Hills’ choice.

The Other Mountain (1)

--- ??????? ---
Olympus Mons, Mars (21,230 m) - Olympus Mons is the highest known mountain in the Solar System. --- Secrets ---

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Marmot »

SAFETY PROTOCOL

Format
1) Day periods last 24 hours. Night periods last ~24 hours. I will try to keep a consistent schedule where new day periods begin at the same time while night periods will flex in between.
2) Night actions are due 1 hour before the new day is set to begin. This is to allow me to stay on schedule, and have time to process night actions.
3) Votes in the lynch poll are changeable.
4) No double-targeting (targeting the same player on consecutive nights).
5) All players on the side of the winning faction will win whether they are dead-or-alive. Any player deemed inactive cannot win (at my discretion).
6) Role-claiming is not permitted. Info-Dumping is not permitted either. Action will be taken if there is an obvious case of this happening.

Game Rules
1) No asshattery will be tolerated. This is a game, and is intended for the pleasure of everyone. Please be respectful to your fellow players, host, and facilitator. Juliets will be acting as the MoD (Facilitator) for this game. When she is bored, she loves nothing better than to open up her inbox full of messages from angry, stressed-out players. This is for you to take advantage of if you've got beef with me or another player.
2) BTSC (behind the scenes chat) is only permitted in host-designated locations.
3) No editing or deleting of posts in the game thread.
4) Dead players should post in the {Dead} Red if they are posting in the game thread.
5) Non-Players should similarly post in {np} Blue if they are posting in the game thread.
6) Living players wishing to discuss something off-topic should do so in {OT} Green.
7) This is the Host Color. Use it at your own risk.
8) If you feel like you might break a rule, PM the Host first. I will clarify with you what is or isn't allowed.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Alive [9]

Dragon D. Luffy
dunya (replaced sprityo)
nijuukyugou (replaced insertnamehere) (replaced Glorfindel)
Kylemii
Long Con
nutella
Quin
sig
speedchuck

Dead [10]

colonialbob - Mount Elbrus
DrWilgy - Mount Wycheproof
Elohcin - Wrekin
Epignosis - ?????
Jackofhearts2005 - ?????
JaggedJimmyJay (replaced MovingPictures07) - Chocolate Hills
malakim2099 (replaced Dom) - Chimborazo
Mesk514 - Puncak Jaya
Sloonei - ?????
Spacedaisy - ?????

Gender Guide with ISO Links
colonialbob - Posts
Dragon D. Luffy - Posts
DrWilgy - Posts
dunya - Posts (replaced sprityo - Posts Night 2)
Elohcin - Posts
Epignosis - Posts
Jackofhearts2005 - Posts
JaggedJimmyJay - Posts (replaced MovingPictures07 - Posts Night 1)
Kylemii - Posts
Long Con - Posts
malakim2099 - Posts (replaced Dom - Posts Night 3)
Mesk514 - Posts
nijuukyugou - Posts (replaced insertnamehere - Posts Night 6) (replaced Glorfindel - Posts Night 1)
nutella - Posts
Quin - Posts
sig - Posts
Sloonei - Posts
Spacedaisy - Posts
speedchuck - Posts

Replacements
None

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Game Summary
Day 0 - Game begins
Day 1 - No one is lynched
Night 1 - No one died
Day 2 - No one is lynched
Night 2 - No one died
Day 3 - Mesk514 is lynched - Puncak Jaya
Night 3 - Spacedaisy is nightkilled - ?????
Day 4 - JaggedJimmyJay is lynched - Chocolate Hills
Night 4 - Jackofhearts2005 is nightkilled - ?????
Day 5 - malakim2099 is lynched - Chimborazo
Night 5 - No one died
Day 6 - colonialbob is lynched - Mount Elbrus
Night 6 - Epignosis is nightkilled - ?????
Day 7 - DrWilgy is lynched - Mount Wycheproof
Night 7 - Sloonei is nightkilled - ?????
Day 8 - Elohcin is lynched - Wrekin

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Roles have (nearly) been sent out! You may begin posting.

Note that this Day 0 phase is a chance for everyone to check in. Day 1 will start either once everyone has checked in, or whenever I feel like it.

Coincidentally, I'm about to upgrade my mac OS to High Sierra.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I'm a mountain.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

No Snake Mountain?

The host should be destroyed for this. :suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Role cards are out!

Welcome to Mountain Mafia everyone. As a check-in for this game, please vote in the poll acknowledging that you've read and understand the risks associated with this game. We're heading for the mountains after all. I need to know that you're ready and have read the Safety Protocol.

I also want to emphasize the No-Infodumping-Policy that is in effect this game, and is a general policy at the Syndicate. If you have any questions about what this entails, feel free to ask me via PM or in the game thread.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hi all, just checking in to let you know as Marmot said above I'm your facilitator (you may know it as mod). I'm here now and because of my broken leg and shoulder I am likely to be here a lot (not much else I can do :) ). Please pm me if you run into any frustrations or problems or you just need to vent. Marmot's description of me above is right on target!

I'm excited to watch this game as this is a great group of players. Good luck everyone!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

How come Mars gets to have such a big mountain? :pout:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Hi folks.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:31 pm the risks associated with this game.
if you break a rule, Marmot comes to your house at night and breaks your arms
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:31 pm We're heading for the mountains after all. I need to know that you're ready and have read the Safety Protocol.
If you die in Mountain Mafia, you die in Real Life.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Right, this is my . . . second traditional Syndicate game? Wow, I've been around long enough to lose track. Guess that means I'm a regular now.

Let's go stomp those little mountains!
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:21 pm Right, this is my . . . second traditional Syndicate game? Wow, I've been around long enough to lose track. Guess that means I'm a regular now.

Let's go stomp those little mountains!
Yeah, let's go stomp those little mountains!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:10 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:31 pm the risks associated with this game.
if you break a rule, Marmot comes to your house at night and breaks your arms
If you break a rule, you may wake up on the summit of one of the mountains from the game, alone and with no equipment except for a portrait containing this photo:

https://www.walldevil.com/wallpapers/a8 ... undhog.jpg
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Bleh.

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

GET PUMPED YE MOUNTAINS

DOWN WITH THE HIGH HILLS
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 13

Post by sig »

I'm ready!

Having said that I might not be posting much from Tuesday to Sunday
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Are you telling me there are mountains taller than 5000 miles????????
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

meters. got it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Still though... Olympus Mons is over twenty-one kilometres high! (That's like 13 miles for those of you still waiting to join the metric world). I can't even imagine such height.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I like to keep this in my playlist for appropriate occasions:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:24 pm No Snake Mountain?

The host should be destroyed for this. :suspish:
You should be happy I even decided to reference Georgia in a game about mountains. Real mountains!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Wait, there are people who don't use kilometers? What kind of ancient civilization is that?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 2
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Yay game! :yay:

This theme is pretty cool, just saying. Cool mountains, Marmot. :slick:
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

New game got me feeling like

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Hallo
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:36 pm Still though... Olympus Mons is over twenty-one kilometres high! (That's like 13 miles for those of you still waiting to join the metric world). I can't even imagine such height.
Still ain't the kind of place to raise your kids.
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 pm
Long Con wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:36 pm Still though... Olympus Mons is over twenty-one kilometres high! (That's like 13 miles for those of you still waiting to join the metric world). I can't even imagine such height.
In fact, it's cold as hell.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

Yay! A real mafia game.

(No one ffence to any other games currently being played on the syndicate.)
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 206

Post by Elohcin »

Stupid phone.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

yay a game about dirt
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

According to wikipedia Olympus Mons isn't even the tallest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rheasilvia
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

colonialbob wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:26 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:29 pm
In fact, it's cold as hell.
This bob won't be getting my vote Day 1.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:52 pm According to wikipedia Olympus Mons isn't even the tallest

Who'd have thunk. There's an asteroid out there that is literally a mountain.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:13 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:52 pm According to wikipedia Olympus Mons isn't even the tallest

I hear the peak is breathtaking.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

Check
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mesk514
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Mesk514 »

check? hi? hello? is this thing on?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Mesk514 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:22 am check? hi? hello? is this thing on?
It sure is, sistah! Are you a little mountain or a big one?
Mesk514
Posts in topic: 25

Post by Mesk514 »

no clue, i know nothing about dirt
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:19 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:13 pm

I hear the peak is breathtaking.
Ba dum tss.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

This is me checking in. I won't be able to really get read up on this game until this afternoon once I am home from work. But I am here!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:19 pm

GET PUMPED YE MOUNTAINS

DOWN WITH THE HIGH HILLS
Baby of hearts: That's a Trolls song?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hi, [mention]sprityo[/mention]

Do you have an opinion on my alightment yet? ;)

I think you're probably town.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Marmot[/mention] none of the "posts" links are working for me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:19 am @Marmot none of the "posts" links are working for me.
That's because I haven't put links in them yet. :smile:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:32 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:19 am @Marmot none of the "posts" links are working for me.
That's because I haven't put links in them yet. :smile:
I tried to climb a mountain only to find out I was walking on flat ground.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:51 am Hi, @sprityo

Do you have an opinion on my alightment yet? ;)

I think you're probably town.
What was so shining and glorious about sprit's check to earn him this early read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”