50%

Total votes: 16
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 781
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: Mountain Mafia [END]

Post by Kylemii »

Long Con wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:54 amI thought so! Night 2, I activated my "Janssen Observatory - Blanc may use this rickety observatory to take a look at Olympus Mons, the Martian mountain."
So not only were you not the indie role but you were actually the most anti-indie role in the game. :0
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:59 am I cleared Kyle as soon as I found out Wilgy wasn't K2. Wilgy was my top suspect but when I was trying to figure out who the hell K2 was, it was between him or Kyle in the end. Kyle was my read for K2 but that missed night message confused the hell out of me cos Kyle is literally always online and it just seemed impossible to me he would have missed deadline. :p
K2 is irresponsible at times. K2 apologizes.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 798

Post by dunya »

Whoa, good job Long Con!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Quin only used 1 of his 3 shots? I mean, why :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Watching DDL search for Denali is such a sad story with no happy ending :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I wish Malakim had stolen K2s ability instead of Everest on both nights and wrote some kind of note that clears malakim somewhat. At the very least, Kyle would have known what was happening and could have guessed. Malakim may have had a different ending to his short tenure. Hope he comes back.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

also, I wonder how Epi feels knowing that his wife killed him twice in this game. Remember when you defended her to me? :p
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:42 pm also, I wonder how Epi feels knowing that his wife killed him twice in this game. Remember when you defended her to me? :p
I hardly defended her. All I said was that she was genuinely busy. I never gave a reason to suspect her or think her good.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:31 pm Whoa, good job Long Con!
:noble: :noble: :noble: :noble: :noble: I saved the game!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei dying Night 1 would have changed the entire tempo of the game significantly, and also cBob. cBob may have been alive. :p
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 485
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:34 pm Watching DDL search for Denali is such a sad story with no happy ending :p
:sigh:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

By the time I got the "no" result on INH I realized it was a futile effort but it's a free action so whatever.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Sloonei »

I don't want this to sound critical of Marmot in any way becauase it's not. Just an observation I made this game and a note about personal preference. The reason I felt confident Malakim was town was actually this post:
Spoiler: show
Marmot wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:06 am
malakim2099 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:58 am
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:05 am
malakim2099 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:04 am A janitor in this game. Very interesting.

Though I suspect the Martian is involved with that. Too many secrets.

Going to bed now, will poke back after some sleep.
All night kills are automatically janitored.
Oh! Well, that is interesting. Wasn't that way in either Mass Effect or SF, which is why I was surprised. Hmmm.
Yes, many Syndicate games in the past have done this: all nightkills being janitored.

I may reconsider that mechanic in future games, but will continue employing it here.
It wasn't just that he was confused about the nightkill mechanics, but also that he got a response from the host in the thread. It suggested to me that malakim's ignorance of the nightkill mechanics was genuine and that he had no hand in carrying them out, or else Marmot wouldn't have been compelled to respond here. It's a tiny thing, but any host interaction has the potential to reveal information. This one gave me a hint about a player's role that I should not have had.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

It's hard to resist the temptation to chit-chat when you're hosting a game. I'm a huge culprit of that myself.

But yeah, a good rule of thumb is to only answer questions when the player adresses you directly in the thread, and not relay any more intormation that what was asked. This way you don't make it obvious whether they know it or not.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

It's okay. We lynched him anyway. :beer:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That's why as a host I generally ask that questions be delivered privately. I understand that it's a bit party pooper though and don't judge other hosts for doing their thing.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:44 pm That's why as a host I generally ask that questions be delivered privately. I understand that it's a bit party pooper though and don't judge other hosts for doing their thing.
I prefer this approach when I host too. I tend to be a silent host. Just the crucial updates and end-of-phase posts, and maybe a few off-topic shenanigans per game. But everyone who runs a game should run it in their own way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:21 pm I don't want this to sound critical of Marmot in any way becauase it's not. Just an observation I made this game and a note about personal preference. The reason I felt confident Malakim was town was actually this post:
malakim2099 wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:04 am A janitor in this game. Very interesting.

Oh! Well, that is interesting. Wasn't that way in either Mass Effect or SF, which is why I was surprised. Hmmm.
Yes, many Syndicate games in the past have done this: all nightkills being janitored.

I may reconsider that mechanic in future games, but will continue employing it here.
It wasn't just that he was confused about the nightkill mechanics, but also that he got a response from the host in the thread. It suggested to me that malakim's ignorance of the nightkill mechanics was genuine and that he had no hand in carrying them out, or else Marmot wouldn't have been compelled to respond here. It's a tiny thing, but any host interaction has the potential to reveal information. This one gave me a hint about a player's role that I should not have had.
I hear what you're saying but I don't think that was a big bloop and some people said he could have beeb feigning ignorance. He answered Eloh if the scum team could send in kills as a group or if one person had to.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

I'm disappointed that my Mastermind Dunya theory was wrong.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:33 pm I'm disappointed that my Mastermind Dunya theory was wrong.
I hope you never have to see my scum performance; it's nothing to brag about and everything to try and erase from memory. :shifty:
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:06 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:21 pm I don't want this to sound critical of Marmot in any way becauase it's not. Just an observation I made this game and a note about personal preference. The reason I felt confident Malakim was town was actually this post:

I hear what you're saying but I don't think that was a big bloop and some people said he could have beeb feigning ignorance. He answered Eloh if the scum team could send in kills as a group or if one person had to.
Did someone say...
Big Bloop? :shifty:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Yay my first Syndicate win! Good job Big Mountains, although I feel bad for Little Mountains for the bad luck.

I feel like I did alright, especially considering how focus on me supatown Sloonei was.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:08 pm Yay my first Syndicate win! Good job Big Mountains, although I feel bad for Little Mountains for the bad luck.

I feel like I did alright, especially considering how focus on me supatown Sloonei was.
I'm really sorry
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nijuukyugou wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Did someone say...
Ok you are the cutest person on this website :hugs:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nijuukyugou wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Did someone say...
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:14 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:08 pm Yay my first Syndicate win! Good job Big Mountains, although I feel bad for Little Mountains for the bad luck.

I'm really sorry
It happens. Not upset or anything, although I admit it was a little relief to be lynched and not worry anymore.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm really sorry
It happens. Not upset or anything, although I admit it was a little relief to be lynched and not worry anymore.
I was also a bit relieved to be able to move on from suspecting you. I could not get past it no matter how hard I tried. But mostly I just felt like a big jerk.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:06 pm
colonialbob wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:58 pm

I'm really sorry
I was also a bit relieved to be able to move on from suspecting you. I could not get past it no matter how hard I tried. But mostly I just felt like a big jerk.
I'm glad mafia killed Jack so I didn't harpoon him for using mislynch instead of lynch (and other weird stuff but mostly that) :haha:
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

dunya wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:32 pm Quin only used 1 of his 3 shots? I mean, why :p
I used it night 1 and since nobody died I thought they targeted me, which meant they couldnt kill me N2. After N3 I looked bad and needed my vote + it was very unlikely I'd be the target.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I respond to all questions in the location they are asked. I guess not everyone would know or assume that. But thats's what happens when we make assumptions I guess.

OF course, there are cases where I would not answer a question in thread, but I wouldn't answer it in private either. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Quin wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:53 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:32 pm Quin only used 1 of his 3 shots? I mean, why :p
I used it night 1 and since nobody died I thought they targeted me, which meant they couldnt kill me N2. After N3 I looked bad and needed my vote + it was very unlikely I'd be the target.
Oh right! I forgot you lose your vote the next day if you protect yourself. Votes were definitely important this game.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:42 pm It's hard to resist the temptation to chit-chat when you're hosting a game. I'm a huge culprit of that myself.

But yeah, a good rule of thumb is to only answer questions when the player adresses you directly in the thread, and not relay any more intormation that what was asked. This way you don't make it obvious whether they know it or not.
Oh I see what you meant now Sloonei.

Good point. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]Marmot[/mention] thank you for the game! I enjoyed it so much. Thanks for humoring everyone and hosting during a busy time in your life :beer:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]juliets[/mention] thanks for being a great listener and checking up on us!
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I honestly wasn't so hot about the theme before the game started, but I got into it. small mountains big mountains space mountain. I love mountains apparently and even though I had to go back to the role list and copy paste every single mountain's name (even my own when people referred to me itt and I was like huh, who the fuck are they talking about). lmao. good times.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I had a good time overall (except for Day 1 :meany: ), but I suspect the mafia did not.

Civilians should not be able to survive at the rate they did in this game. Mafia couldn't kill. Their kill was almost useless. Couple that with the public clearings due to vote mechanics, and you have a scenario in which Mafia can never win because they will be swiftly outed.

If you run this setup 100 times, how many times will civilians win? How many times will Mafia win?

I would argue that Mafia wins less than 10% of the time.

Mafia have to be able to kill and have their kills go through in order for them to have a chance of success. If a doctor gets lucky night after night, fine- that's a fluke. If multiple mafia kills can fail for multiple reasons, rethink the setup.

Even the lynches were bad for the mafia:

Day 1 should have been a success for the mafia, but it instead worked against them.

Day 2 should have been another success for the mafia, but it instead worked against them.

Civilians should never be able to clear one another at the rate they did here, and mafia shouldn't have multiple failed kills without a lucky doctor.

Just my opinion.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i agree day 1's no lynch tie ruling was a safety net we probably didn't need, but the day 2 lynch was a calculated risk taken by the mayor role, i think that one was fair.

I think in general, roles whose only purpose is to be guaranteed to be harder to kill at night should be limited to like... maybe 1 per game, depending on how many other roles can fuck with the kills.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:59 pm I had a good time overall (except for Day 1 :meany: ), but I suspect the mafia did not.

Civilians should not be able to survive at the rate they did in this game. Mafia couldn't kill. Their kill was almost useless. Couple that with the public clearings due to vote mechanics, and you have a scenario in which Mafia can never win because they will be swiftly outed.

If you run this setup 100 times, how many times will civilians win? How many times will Mafia win?

I would argue that Mafia wins less than 10% of the time.

Mafia have to be able to kill and have their kills go through in order for them to have a chance of success. If a doctor gets lucky night after night, fine- that's a fluke. If multiple mafia kills can fail for multiple reasons, rethink the setup.

Even the lynches were bad for the mafia:

Day 1 should have been a success for the mafia, but it instead worked against them.

Day 2 should have been another success for the mafia, but it instead worked against them.

Civilians should never be able to clear one another at the rate they did here, and mafia shouldn't have multiple failed kills without a lucky doctor.

Just my opinion.
I think I was a part of the problem. I'm sorry for that. I mistook my role as being mostly town-aligned, when I should have been pushing to help mafia no matter who I win with.

I do agree with your post, though. Mafia had the short end of the stick this game.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:33 am i agree day 1's no lynch tie ruling was a safety net we probably didn't need, but the day 2 lynch was a calculated risk taken by the mayor role, i think that one was fair.

I think in general, roles whose only purpose is to be guaranteed to be harder to kill at night should be limited to like... maybe 1 per game, depending on how many other roles can fuck with the kills.
I think what epi's point is is that there were more opportunities for town roles to make a play like the one I did on Day 2 than there perhaps should have been. I faced some pressure on Day 2 and had no reason to worry about the consequences, then I was relatively unquestioned as town for the rest of the game. Essentially the same thing happened with nutella on Day 1.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ah i understand
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Kylemii wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:33 am i agree day 1's no lynch tie ruling was a safety net we probably didn't need, but the day 2 lynch was a calculated risk taken by the mayor role, i think that one was fair.

Or give mafia easy access to strongman kills.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I maintain ignorance of nk mechanics to be not alignment indicative. Scum didn't know anything about the nk the town didn't.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:40 am but also FOR FUCK'S SAKE GUYS, I STOPPED THE DAY 2 LYNCH!
My reasons for suspecting you were legit and I was tinfoiling in a bad way for awhile but by EOD I was reminded of exactly this. I knew I didn't stop the lynch so the chance of you being bad was super low.

Decided not to voice this cause nobody else was on you, there was a decent chance I'd be lynched and revealed to not have stopped the lynch and....townie distancing? I'm not sure that works at all. I remember getting Wilgy killed by the opposing mafia in ME. Didn't want to do that.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:17 am Yeah by that point we were throwing hail mary passes. It was evident we had very few routes to victory after about the third failed kill.
You and your not really teammates going after Wilgy had me fooled into basically ignoring him. :doh:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:08 am

I think what epi's point is is that there were more opportunities for town roles to make a play like the one I did on Day 2 than there perhaps should have been. I faced some pressure on Day 2 and had no reason to worry about the consequences, then I was relatively unquestioned as town for the rest of the game. Essentially the same thing happened with nutella on Day 1.
Also, consider that the more time (i.e., Day phases) civilians have to talk, the more the game swings in their favor. Speed games at face value are a slight benefit to mafia because the Day phase lasts just 24 hours. The lack of death prolonged the civilian ability to generate discussion and gave them time to process their thoughts.

Regarding survivals, I believe those should be highly limited, if used at all.

Aconcagua is akin to an automatic doctor protection or lynch stop, which can only serve to clear Aconcagua (mafia have no way to stop a lynch).
Chimborazo could become automatically protected or stop a lynch, which could only serve to clear Chimborazo (mafia have no way to stop a lynch).
Kilimanjaro is an automatic three-shot doctor protection.
Pico Cristóbal Colón can stop lynch, which could only serve to clear Pico Cristóbal Colón (as mafia have no way to stop a lynch).
Blanc is a semi-doctor (stopping a kill by switching targets, as actually happened).
Matterhorn can become immune to kills.

That is a half a dozen ways to prevent a Night kill, and three of those can occur more than once. Even lynching three of these roles early is detrimental to the mafia, since the only mechanical way of surviving a lynch is by not being mafia (assuming the lynch stopper didn't unwittingly save mafia).

Add to this that:

Everest has a double vote.*
Elbrus is a semi-cop.
Pico de Orizaba is vengeful.
Kenya is a semi-vigilante.

And you can see that the deck is truly stacked against mafia.

*I am also puzzled with regard to Everest's +1 vote getting perpetually inherited. This makes the civilian faction +1 for the entire game, doesn't it? Was it ever even possible for a lone remaining mafia to win? And considering that Matterhorn achieved immunity from death, wouldn't Matterhorn eventually inherit the +1 vote?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

With no watchers (or much in the way of offensive and investigative powers in the town at all), mafia should have done the standard HCRealms double tap block+kill on the same target. Dunya's power was secret and the scum lost their but that would have killed Epi.

100% chance to stop the vest if necessary vs a 1 in however many townies are left to stop a block or doc.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

*lost their block
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Had a great time but tend to agree with Epi on the setup.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I loved Marmot's game, but I do admit there were too many strong Power Roles for Town and made it almost impossible for a scum team to win. It's hard to balance a role madness game, but sometimes you have to give weaker roles or one shot things rather than several shots to everyone (Long Con had 3 powers, Quin had 3 shots, etc), and some roles that can be negative to town to balance the numbers. Also, I found speedchuck's win stipulation a little extreme. I mean, Mesk and malakim got a win from this game (I'm assuming sig didn't and was not simply accidentally written out from the winners post although Jay included him in the PM he sent out) and speedchuck didn't. 3p role is hard, esp one with 0 abilities whatsoever. I would have personally allowed him to win for simply surviving till the end with either faction considering he has no abilities to draw him closer to his win. And speedchuck made a hell of an effort. :beer:

I consider Long Con's bus driving save night 1 legit, but Sloonei to stop any lynch, Quin to be unkillable any 3 nights he chooses, Epi to survive first kill on him lynch or NK (and the ability for Chimborazo to borrow that ability?), and me to become immune to all night kills a few too many indestructible roles and makes it probably frustrating for the scum team. Also, Everest's role to be passed down indefinitely, while it never got down to that, but I also considered that too much in Town's favor. The Day 1 no lynch in the event of a tie was also a bit town-favored. Also, this game had masons. Imagine if DDL and Daisy had found each other.

I'm happy we won, I put a lot of effort into this game :p but I do think the odds were stacked against scum from the get-go so shout out to the scum team for lasting as long as they did tbh.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:43 am With no watchers (or much in the way of offensive and investigative powers in the town at all), mafia should have done the standard HCRealms double tap block+kill on the same target. Dunya's power was secret and the scum lost their but that would have killed Epi.
actually, my power became public as soon as it was activated. But who checks that 1st post every day :p
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Regardless of balance difficulties, I want to make it clear that the team which played the best Mafia in this game was the team that won. On a perfectly level playing field I think we still lose this game.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”