50%

Total votes: 16
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Re: Mountain Mafia [NIGHT 2]

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:10 am On the off chance of vote shenanigans...

Nutella, Sloonei, Jimmy, Bob, Quin good.

Epi bad. DDL maybe bad. Daisy maybe bad but only if Epi is.

Everyone else mostly null.

Do people use legacy reads? I feel like these get ignored.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:25 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:24 am Anyone want to/able to weigh in on what I just said about colonialbob? He's leapfrogged everyone else to the top of my suspects list.
I found what you said convincing. :beer:
Second time you've done this, town read me then next post flip me to bottom of your list based on somebody else's suspicions. I'm getting Crossover vibes all over the place from you, and I don't like it.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

PS I think Sloonei's ISO of me started with the premise that I was probably bad and surprisingly enough found reasons to confirm. I don't think that's alignment indicative, I think it's a problem with ISOing people you're not neutral on.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 489
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:52 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:10 am On the off chance of vote shenanigans...

Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:24 am Anyone want to/able to weigh in on what I just said about colonialbob? He's leapfrogged everyone else to the top of my suspects list.
Second time you've done this, town read me then next post flip me to bottom of your list based on somebody else's suspicions. I'm getting Crossover vibes all over the place from you, and I don't like it.
Bob, I'm shit at reading you. See: All of Hybridity, basically. First three reads of you were pure gut and some were explicitly stated to not be reads anyone should listen to.

Last one is based on Sloonei's arguement sounding legit.

What do you think of Jimmy, Daisy, Dom, DDL, Speed?
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:55 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:52 pm

Bob, I'm shit at reading you. See: All of Hybridity, basically. First three reads of you were pure gut and some were explicitly stated to not be reads anyone should listen to.

Last one is based on Sloonei's arguement sounding legit.

What do you think of Jimmy, Daisy, Dom, DDL, Speed?
Town, Town, null, lean Town, evaluating.

I'm fine putting a lean Scum on Dom from PoE, but that's all it is.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 815
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:55 pm PS I think Sloonei's ISO of me started with the premise that I was probably bad and surprisingly enough found reasons to confirm. I don't think that's alignment indicative, I think it's a problem with ISOing people you're not neutral on.
You still haven't addressed my primary concern, which was your behavior from the time you started suspecting me to the end of the day.
this post here also suggests you've reversed your opinion on me again.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 103
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Another note from the host.

I will be out of town this weekend until Mondayish. As such, my ability to respond to questions will be delayed, and I will only have access to the game via my phone.
I intend to extend Day 3 to 48 hours. I also intend to handle end-phases in the best capacity I can.

But the game will carry on! I will keep you all informed if anything changes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:02 pm
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:55 pm PS I think Sloonei's ISO of me started with the premise that I was probably bad and surprisingly enough found reasons to confirm. I don't think that's alignment indicative, I think it's a problem with ISOing people you're not neutral on.
You still haven't addressed my primary concern, which was your behavior from the time you started suspecting me to the end of the day.
I've reversed position on you for mechanical reasons. Town has the avoid lynch powers, so that makes you more likely to be town. Also Jack's non-tie vote bothers me and the more likely he is to be scum the less likely you are to be, since the w/w thing doesn't hold up mechanically.

My behavior from suspecting you until end of day? My choices were you, Jack, or sprit. I didn't want to vote sprit because I don't like going low poster this early. I could've voted Jack but my suspicions of you were fresher and less meta. I don't really get this "waving my vote in your face" complaint tbh.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But also, for the sake of discussion philosophy/theory, you're right that I was looking for reasons to suspect you. When I'm engaging in an ISO like the one I did of cbob last night, I am asking myself "Can I see any of these actions being scum-indicative?". If I can pull enough out that consistently makes sense, I'm willing to run with it. If I struggle, I'll probably still submit the post for sake of discussion, but I won't push the person as a suspect. I don't think I can catch baddies without this approach.

Other times I'll ISO a person from a totally neutral standpoint. It depends on what I'm working with and where I'm at in the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:10 pm
I've reversed position on you for mechanical reasons. Town has the avoid lynch powers, so that makes you more likely to be town. Also Jack's non-tie vote bothers me and the more likely he is to be scum the less likely you are to be, since the w/w thing doesn't hold up mechanically.

My behavior from suspecting you until end of day? My choices were you, Jack, or sprit. I didn't want to vote sprit because I don't like going low poster this early. I could've voted Jack but my suspicions of you were fresher and less meta. I don't really get this "waving my vote in your face" complaint tbh.
I never got the impression you were honestly considering a vote change. You were poking Jay with some questions about sprityo and me, but I don't remember seeing you offer any critical thoughts of your own, and you never wavered for a moment from your position. Your vote was on me and you were acting like there was still room to change your mind, but I never saw evidence of this. I also feel like the confidence you expressed in your vote was not backed up by the justification you provided, but that's not something I can view objectively since I was the target of it.

Why didn't you vote for Jack?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 497

Post by speedchuck »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:48 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:37 pm Cbob is easy for me to see as scum, and I'm glad someone brought it up. I didn't feel like posting much during the day. It all started when Cbob saw my firey post against LC and jumped on the bandwagon against him. But for those that remember, my post train wasn't condemning of LC's alignment, only his reasoning. Cbob wasn't looking for a read, he was looking for an excuse.

In general, it feels like Cbob is trying to hide his lack of scumhunting behind aggression and agreement, depending on the tide of the game. Most of the end of D2 had Cbob waving his vote in sloon's face without substantiating it or arguing it.

"But he seems so confident!"
Yeah, that's what I do as scum. I'd vote there.
I find this post funny because you're basically regurgitating Sloonei's argument against me (including using his exact (underlined) words!) while accusing me of hiding behind agreement.
IKR? It's like irony.

The non-underlined part of the post is my take though. There's more to what I'm saying. I'm just agreeing with sloon at the same time.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Hm. I could have sworn Sprit had like 2-3 times as many posts.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]colonialbob[/mention] I happen to disagree with most every D2 read you've posted, so I'm [retty sure I'd read you scum if I ISO'd you. The lack of defense you're getting in this is kinda disturbing.

I mean, sloon had a good argument, but everyone's just like 'sure' so far and we townies haven't been uniform on anything all game.

Does anyone think Cbob is town? Why?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:12 pm But also, for the sake of discussion philosophy/theory, you're right that I was looking for reasons to suspect you. When I'm engaging in an ISO like the one I did of cbob last night, I am asking myself "Can I see any of these actions being scum-indicative?". If I can pull enough out that consistently makes sense, I'm willing to run with it. If I struggle, I'll probably still submit the post for sake of discussion, but I won't push the person as a suspect. I don't think I can catch baddies without this approach.

Other times I'll ISO a person from a totally neutral standpoint. It depends on what I'm working with and where I'm at in the game.
So the problem is this opens you up to confirmation bias, which is basically inevitable when you go looking for stuff to confirm what you already think. I've seen it happen before, and it's frustrating to fight against because, well, they don't want to hear it. It's not even consciously, but confirmation bias is worse than just looking for stuff that confirms your theory - when people are confronted with evidence that goes against what they think, they're actually more likely to believe it stronger than they are to change their minds.

(Again this is all theory and not alignment specific, I'm more than happy to talk theory because I find it very interesting)
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:16 pm

I never got the impression you were honestly considering a vote change. You were poking Jay with some questions about sprityo and me, but I don't remember seeing you offer any critical thoughts of your own, and you never wavered for a moment from your position. Your vote was on me and you were acting like there was still room to change your mind, but I never saw evidence of this. I also feel like the confidence you expressed in your vote was not backed up by the justification you provided, but that's not something I can view objectively since I was the target of it.

Answered in the post you quoted...
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:23 pm @colonialbob I happen to disagree with most every D2 read you've posted, so I'm [retty sure I'd read you scum if I ISO'd you. The lack of defense you're getting in this is kinda disturbing.

I mean, sloon had a good argument, but everyone's just like 'sure' so far and we townies haven't been uniform on anything all game.

Does anyone think Cbob is town? Why?
speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:23 pm I mean, sloon had a good argument, but everyone's just like 'sure' so far and we townies haven't been uniform on anything all game.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:23 pm we townies
Also there were several people who read me as town, and I'm not sure why a lack of defense (in half a night phase on Thanksgiving) is more proof I'm bad?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Answered in the post you quoted...
I don't like that answer, you're just reasserting that you voted for me. What was the case against Jack and why did you not follow it?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:28 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:12 pm But also, for the sake of discussion philosophy/theory, you're right that I was looking for reasons to suspect you. When I'm engaging in an ISO like the one I did of cbob last night, I am asking myself "Can I see any of these actions being scum-indicative?". If I can pull enough out that consistently makes sense, I'm willing to run with it. If I struggle, I'll probably still submit the post for sake of discussion, but I won't push the person as a suspect. I don't think I can catch baddies without this approach.

So the problem is this opens you up to confirmation bias, which is basically inevitable when you go looking for stuff to confirm what you already think. I've seen it happen before, and it's frustrating to fight against because, well, they don't want to hear it. It's not even consciously, but confirmation bias is worse than just looking for stuff that confirms your theory - when people are confronted with evidence that goes against what they think, they're actually more likely to believe it stronger than they are to change their minds.

(Again this is all theory and not alignment specific, I'm more than happy to talk theory because I find it very interesting)
I do open myself up to confirmation bias. But, the way I see it, I need to be asking myself "Does [this action] make sense from a scum point of view?". I also ask myself the inverse of that, "Does this make sense from a town point of view?", but if I'm going to be playing that game with myself then I'll get stuck in a barrel of WIFOM and never lynch anybody. At a certain point a decision has to be made: Which option makes more sense? I am currently positing the theory that it makes more sense for you to be bad. You can change my mind. Others can disagree. It's all in the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 102

Post by Spacedaisy »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:01 am Cristobal Colon (which I somehow missed in my tally of how no one got lynched) may have had to send in a lynch-stop without knowing which of the players in the "tie" were going to be lynched. It's conceivable that Civ Sloonei just saved baddie Jack, or vice-versa.
Yes it is conceivable. But if it is the case I maintain it was Sloonei who stopped the lynch and not Jack because Sloonei predicted non-death. Also, this possibility is why I asked Marmot how he will write a lynch stop.
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:09 pm
sig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:50 am True there might be other vote things going on, but I feel like neither Jack nor sloonie would make sense for the mafia team to target with their minus 1. Unless we're all way off with mafia members.
I don't understand what you mean by this. Some of us think that Jack could well be a mafia member who was protected by Sutter Buttes. Why are you discounting this possibility out of hand?
Nutella's response to my out loud theorizing is interesting to me. She seems to fall in with the idea of Sutter Buttes protecting Jack making it a tie lynch when it shouldn't have been.

Sloonei has gone from, "tell me what the case is on Jack?" to "why did you not vote for Jack?" This is also very interesting to me.

I did not get an answer from Marmot so I will ask again: Marmot, When you say "Aconcagua will survive the first attempt on its life." does this apply to either lynch or NK, whichever comes first? Or does this only apply to NK?

Can you tell us how a lynch stop will be written?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What's interesting about my change of vocabulary RE: Jack?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Nothing incriminating if that's what you want to know. I fully believe you are civ and there is little to nothing that can convince me otherwise at this point.

The reason I am trying to sort through this in the manner I am is because I think Nutella's posts and behavior have reinforced the belief I held. Either she really is who I believe or she wants me to believe she is.

I think I am at a point where I strongly believe either nutella is bad or Jack is bad.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

And I am inclined to lean Jack.

Or the lynch was stopped.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:32 pm Nothing incriminating if that's what you want to know. I fully believe you are civ and there is little to nothing that can convince me otherwise at this point.

The reason I am trying to sort through this in the manner I am is because I think Nutella's posts and behavior have reinforced the belief I held. Either she really is who I believe or she wants me to believe she is.

I think I am at a point where I strongly believe either nutella is bad or Jack is bad.
Naw, I know where I stand in your view. I'm interested in what you're thinking about jack and nutella. I've been unclear on the Jack case and haven't received much explanation of it. What I have seen seems unorganized and unconvincing, and I liked the vibe he gave off at EOD last night.

I gave nutella a town read on Night 1 but she hasn't much to solidify that since. I could go either way on her right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, perhaps I misread your intent. It read to me like, before the lynch you were trying to figure out why people were voting for Jack. Then after the result you were trying to figure out why people did not vote for Jack. Which would give me the impression that the result of the lynch made you feel worse about Jack. But this last post seems to make that impression incorrect. Do you still feel the same way about Jack now?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've been undecided on Jack for most of the game, but his attitude last night didn't feel false or forced or fabricated or anything with an f. I'm interested in why the lynch played out the way it did. Certain people voted for Jack, and certain people did not and I don't understand all the reasons why.

I'm the people who enabled the tie to happen as well. Namely bob. I sincerely do not understand his behavior last night from a town perspective.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Spacedaisy »

sig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:32 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:23 am
sig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:49 amI don't like daisy going after me and sprit and other low posters that screams mafia. Targeting people who aren't around to one defend themselves and two yo lynch since you get less heat if they flip civ when lynched. Since they weren't active so no big deal. Is my thoughts regarding lynching low posters. I also don't like het posts on wilgy they seem like she's trying to spread paranoia.
1. My case against you and at first sprityo was never about low posters. It was about people who had been somewhat active but their content was so minimal that it was forgettable to me. So nice misrepresentation there.

2. I'm not spreading paranoia, I'm trying to sort through my own feelings and figure out if it's tinfoil insanity or really something. Also, if I was spreading paranoia I would not be so willing to hear other opinions and adjust based on good points in response.

This accusation was definitively a no u and it really makes me like the look of you even less.
It might've been a little no uish. However, I do see a main argument of your case being that we're low posters which is a slippery and dangerous route to follow.

2. That's something someone trying to spread paranoia would say. :p

linki: Jack would you mind explaining why you think you were almost lynched?
:rolleyes: Sig, I have already said it had nothing to do with how many posts you had. I didn't even know how many posts you had when I threw your name out there. I just knew I had seen you posting, but I couldn't recall a single thing about your posts or reads. That is a worrisome place to be in, mafia want to look active without drawing a bunch of attention to themselves. Honestly if I had gone and looked at how many posts you had I would have likely not even voted you because you had less posts than I felt like you did. But I never once took how many posts you had into consideration.

In fact if I were to apply the exact same criteria to casting a vote at this very moment and taking into consideration post count, I would vote either sprityo or Quin. Quin has the second highest post count in this thread and yet I can't think of a single case he has made independent of someone else, or a strong stance I can recall. And sprityo, I did vote for him and I would be willing to do it again for the same reasons as before. Though it is nothing personal and I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday sprityo :hugs:

But your insistence that I am going after you because you're a low poster even though I have corrected this misunderstanding makes you look worse to me, not better. That tactic is a great way to paint someone as bad because around here people going after low posters is viewed as an easy lynch (even though it almost never gets someone lynched, so I think this is a really weird case to make, but that is a mafia theory discussion really).

Linki @ Sloonei: Can you please specify what you mean by people who did not. Do you mean you want to know why people chose you over Jack or do you mean everyone who did not vote for Jack (including people like myself who voted for sprityo)?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Just an aside, I'm out for the day with holiday festivities. See y'all tomorrow.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Spacedaisy seems way more town than normal.

Quin seems consistent wit his cc123 performance. ???

I have no sig opinion yet
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:03 pm Linki @ Sloonei: Can you please specify what you mean by people who did not. Do you mean you want to know why people chose you over Jack or do you mean everyone who did not vote for Jack (including people like myself who voted for sprityo)?
Both. I want to know why everyone did everything with their votes yesterday.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I will answer the question. I believed you to be civ. I have gone back and forth on Jack and I didn't feel strongly enough about lynching him. I did however feel like sprityo was a decent option and there was actually a chance he might get the most votes so I voted there.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Bob, can you explain the crossover comparison?
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:55 pm Quin seems consistent wit his cc123 performance. ???
wat
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Mountain Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:29 am
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:33 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:56 am
Quin wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 am
Elohcin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:07 am Me too! *vote Epignosis*
Are you still angry from the previous game with epi where he found you out as mafia?
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 am Put a vote on Spacedaisy. Do we believe her guilt to be coming from a place of empathy for game hosts everywhere, or from her role card?
I believe her.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am I don't like this Epi lynch. Feels like there's a bunch of scum surrounding him like vultures waiting to see if they can lynch him or not. Lots of people "kind of" wanting to vote for him.
I agree with this.

Posting but still catching up.
What does Elohcin thinks about the people "kind of" wanting to vote for him? Maybe she's answered this. if not, I'd like one.
Like who? DDL, Eloh and now you have talked about the vultures. Who are the vultures? DDL answered LC, which is wrong, and required people to ask him like 8 times. Makes his vultures idea sound made up.

You and Eloh subscribe to the vultures theory and have not named vultures, which also sounds made up or at least barely paying attention to it.
read the ebwop dood
I did. I don't see any names. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong post.

I still want Eloh and DDL to answer this with actual names.
fixed this for it to make any amount of sense
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 396

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:50 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:40 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:09 pm
sig wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:50 am True there might be other vote things going on, but I feel like neither Jack nor sloonie would make sense for the mafia team to target with their minus 1. Unless we're all way off with mafia members.
I don't understand what you mean by this. Some of us think that Jack could well be a mafia member who was protected by Sutter Buttes. Why are you discounting this possibility out of hand?
Can you explain how this transpired given the result?
I mean it's a night power, right? So the scum team anticipated jack getting some votes and gave him minus one. He would have been one vote ahead of sloonei but this would bring it back to a tie, which was randomly flipped to sloonei who is one of the civ roles who would survive the lynch.
That's...more premises than I would care to accept.

The underlined conclusion doesn't require any of the previous premises to be true. Sloonei would have no idea what the vote tally was if he stopped the lynch, and whether the votes were manipulated doesn't matter if he is automatically safe from one death, because there was a no lynch, and the mafia can't stop a lynch regardless of the tally.

My view is that Sloonei stopped the lynch. He was not at all passionate about defending himself or making a fuss to get people to vote elsewhere. He called it "a waste of time." If you are automatically safe from one death, your job isn't to save yourself from a lynch, but to eat a Night kill (thereby protecting the other civilians). Had Sloonei had that responsibility, I believe we would have witnessed more urgency and fire. We witnessed none.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Quin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:36 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:55 pm Quin seems consistent wit his cc123 performance. ???
wat
Idk what that means for your alignment.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:09 pm
wat
I was just a bit shocked to see that comparison tbh.
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:40 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:07 am Me too! *vote Epignosis*
Are you still angry from the previous game with epi where he found you out as mafia?
Sloonei wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:08 am Put a vote on Spacedaisy. Do we believe her guilt to be coming from a place of empathy for game hosts everywhere, or from her role card?
I believe her.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:39 am I don't like this Epi lynch. Feels like there's a bunch of scum surrounding him like vultures waiting to see if they can lynch him or not. Lots of people "kind of" wanting to vote for him.
I agree with this.

What does Elohcin thinks about the people "kind of" wanting to vote for him? Maybe she's answered this. if not, I'd like one.
Like who? DDL, Eloh and now you have talked about the vultures. Who are the vultures? DDL answered LC, which is wrong, and required people to ask him like 8 times. Makes his vultures idea sound made up.

You and Eloh subscribe to the vultures theory and have not named vultures, which also sounds made up or at least barely paying attention to it.
read the ebwop dood

:shrug:

Are there supposed to be vulture names in this post?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:27 pm
Quin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:40 pm

I believe her.

I agree with this.

read the ebwop dood

:shrug:

Are there supposed to be vulture names in this post?
I didn't mention vultures, Jack. I asked about Eloh's mention of vultures, Jack.
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

:haha:
Quin wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:11 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:09 pm
wat
I was just a bit shocked to see that comparison tbh.
:haha: I don't know what to do with it
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin, I see what you mean now, Quin.

I misinterpreted your post to mean you agreed and wanted her thoughts I now see the quote marks as not subscribing to her belief. (Originally, the multiquote may have had me thinking someone else's post was yours but idk.)
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:35 pm Quin, I see what you mean now, Quin.

I misinterpreted your post to mean you agreed and wanted her thoughts I now see the quote marks as not subscribing to her belief. (Originally, the multiquote may have had me thinking someone else's post was yours but idk.)
Jack, I think that might have been it, Jack. I forgive you, Jack. Quote breaks are the worst, Jack.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jack
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Quin.

You've taken some flack for talking without saying things, despite isos and a number of people reading you as town.

What is your one opinion or bit of analysis that you have provided that should be underlined, that should be getting more attention?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:59 pm Quin.

You've taken some flack for talking without saying things, despite isos and a number of people reading you as town.

What is your one opinion or bit of analysis that you have provided that should be underlined, that should be getting more attention?
Sloonei, probably. It's the most "urgent" of my reads right now. I'd like some opinions on my initial gripe (what I saw as dancing around my question re: Epi pressure vote).
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm feeling better about him after he came out with his case on bob (still need to read it), but I'd like some opinions as to whether I'm being unreasonable in that one instance.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei is town
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:16 pm Sloonei is town
:ponder: How did you arrive at that
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:47 pm
A magician never reveals his secret.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 320
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:32 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:47 pm
A magician never reveals his secret.
But should a secretion reveal its magic?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

There's nothing magic about it, it's all base material.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alternative theory:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:57 am
colonialbob wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:39 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:35 am Switching to Sprityo. At time of posting, I've read like none of his content (cause he had none when I left) so that sounds better than lynching Sloonei.
Whyyyyyyyyyyyy
I firmly believe Sloonei is good. He feels good. He's been thinking and he's working.

Tell me why you think he's bad.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:09 am Ugh. This night. Now to go see why I was almost lynched.

The first post came just before the poll deadline, and the next two came after -- but before Marmot posted the [non]results.

Focus on the latter two posts. The highlighted portions suggest a player who does not anticipate being lynched despite being tied for the tally lead. Sloonei also projected a no-lynch as Spacedaisy has observed with "lynching me will be a waste of time". Neither of these two seemed to be very concerned about dying. One can assert that Jack's projection of survival barring vote shenanigans is evidence of the influence of Sutter Buttes, but then I have to question if he would say that. The poll was tied. Sloonei dying would have appeared to be the result of a coin flip; there's no need to make one's own mafia-driven voting advantage public before the results are revealed. If it's a civilian-driven advantage though (i.e. Everest)? Sure.

The first post above I also brought out to consider the notion that Jack stopped the lynch instead, given that he was firmly good on Sloonei. That'd give him a motive to put a stop to a tied lynch featuring a firm civilian read and himself at the gallows. This one is more difficult to believe though given the third quoted post -- "vote shenanigans" shouldn't matter to someone who is about to stop a lynch. This notion would require some semantic gymnastics.

Summarizing the theory:

~ Civilian Sloonei stopped the lynch/wasn't lynchable
~ Civilian Jack expected to survive because of his double vote

Other possibilities which are applicable – Matterhorn is somehow involved / Olympus Mons is somehow involved. Their “secrets” can be pretty much anything, and a lynch survival for OM especially wouldn’t surprise me.

Gimme those delicious thoughts.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”