Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fiddler on the Roof Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:51 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:47 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:43 am I can't give you a reason why he'd think and I don't think he could either. What I don't see is why a Day 0/1 lie makes Epignosis scum. This is almost a mirror image of your earlier turd.
What is your read on MacDougall?
I don't disbelieve that he would act the way that he's acting as town, but there's not enough there to have a solid read.
Specifically, he has adopted Epignosis's suspicion of a Sloonei/JJJ team as being viable. You think that suspicion was a lie in the first place. What does that mean to you?
That Macdougall is a player who likes to cause a ruckus.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 514
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:55 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:43 am I can't give you a reason why he'd think and I don't think he could either. What I don't see is why a Day 0/1 lie makes Epignosis scum. This is almost a mirror image of your earlier turd.
I don't disbelieve that he would act the way that he's acting as town, but there's not enough there to have a solid read.
Specifically, he has adopted Epignosis's suspicion of a Sloonei/JJJ team as being viable. You think that suspicion was a lie in the first place. What does that mean to you?
You're giving people not named Kyle passes. Why are you giving people not named Kyle passes?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:53 am Hello guys,

I just got informed that someone was uncomfortable with my avatar (pepe the frog) and that it may have hurt them. I deleted it immediately and would like to apologize to the person or persons I made uncomfortable with it. I really feel bad and I am very sorry.

Hope you'll enjoy the game from now on,
I appreciate that this post exists for non-game reasons. It tells me novaseline has a good hear. It doesn't tell me what his thoughts on this game are.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:14 am So far, Kyle is very likely town. The rest is whatever. Except everyone are super cute and adorable. <3
This is Dizzy's only relevant post. At face value I don't think it looks bad, though an explanation for the Kyle read would be swell.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:55 am
You're giving people not named Kyle passes. Why are you giving people not named Kyle passes?
Because I don't think Day 1 mud flinging is a scum tell for these players. I don't necessarily think it's a town tell either. In Epi's case I feel good about him because I don't think scum Epi would be so blatant about the plan you are proposing. He's a slight town read for now. Mac is a null read at this point, and I still don't really know how to read him as a player in general.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:41 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:24 pm If I may make an observation, regarding the setup:

Tevye can get BTSC with his daughters. In doing so, he can confirm them town to himself. So that's neat.

However, if he doesn't search for them, the town gains a cop in the match-maker. Match-maker can search for BTSC, which would (if Tevye doesn't submit actions) only be held by the mafia.

We trade off a BTSC-finder and a town searcher/btsc/lover thing for a cop. Does anyone think this is a good idea?
This is interesting. I need to think on this because traditionally I've always viewed civs with BTSC as one of the strongest things the civs can have...
This is Daisy's only relevant post. It's "interesting". :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

It's not thrilling that her only thing is mechanical/role babble.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:59 am
Because I don't think Day 1 mud flinging is a scum tell for these players. I don't necessarily think it's a town tell either. In Epi's case I feel good about him because I don't think scum Epi would be so blatant about the plan you are proposing. He's a slight town read for now. Mac is a null read at this point, and I still don't really know how to read him as a player in general.
[/quote]

What is your read on me?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:41 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:24 pm If I may make an observation, regarding the setup:

Tevye can get BTSC with his daughters. In doing so, he can confirm them town to himself. So that's neat.

However, if he doesn't search for them, the town gains a cop in the match-maker. Match-maker can search for BTSC, which would (if Tevye doesn't submit actions) only be held by the mafia.

We trade off a BTSC-finder and a town searcher/btsc/lover thing for a cop. Does anyone think this is a good idea?
This is interesting. I need to think on this because traditionally I've always viewed civs with BTSC as one of the strongest things the civs can have...
This is Daisy's only relevant post. It's "interesting". :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

It's not thrilling that her only thing is mechanical/role babble.
Dizzying

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*eyeball twitch*
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:59 am Because I don't think Day 1 mud flinging is a scum tell for these players. I don't necessarily think it's a town tell either. In Epi's case I feel good about him because I don't think scum Epi would be so blatant about the plan you are proposing. He's a slight town read for now. Mac is a null read at this point, and I still don't really know how to read him as a player in general.
What is your read on me?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:02 pm *eyeball twitch*
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:01 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:59 am Because I don't think Day 1 mud flinging is a scum tell for these players. I don't necessarily think it's a town tell either. In Epi's case I feel good about him because I don't think scum Epi would be so blatant about the plan you are proposing. He's a slight town read for now. Mac is a null read at this point, and I still don't really know how to read him as a player in general.
What is your read on me?
You reacted more strongly to Epi's joint suspicion against us than I did and cast a vote that I don't agree with, so I'm iffy and wanting to see more.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:05 pm
You reacted more strongly to Epi's joint suspicion against us than I did and cast a vote that I don't agree with, so I'm iffy and wanting to see more.
[/quote]

Why Kyle, in a few sentences?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

How does this keep happening? :eek:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I want to ensure people can keep up. I've topped the post count again. :suspish:

I'll be back later.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:07 pm Why Kyle, in a few sentences?
I didn't feel like his response to your fake tell was authentic, he was more combative/dismissive than productive (this was what I hoped to highlight in my single-word case against him), and the development of his read on you appeared incongruous (jumping from a clear cut "bad look" to "NAI" when you explained yourself). I'm also unclear on his read on me and the way it has progressed.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention], if Epi's suspicion of me is built upon my reaction to his turd, why is the premier premise he's promoted that my initial poop on Kyle was a performance rather than a real attempt to generate content? That was my first action in this thread, well before he turded you and I.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:23 pm Sloonei, if Epi's suspicion of me is built upon my reaction to his turd, why is the premier premise he's promoted that my initial poop on Kyle was a performance rather than a real attempt to generate content? That was my first action in this thread, well before he turded you and I.
I don't know. Epi should answer this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:14 am So far, Kyle is very likely town. The rest is whatever. Except everyone are super cute and adorable. <3
Hey Diz. Kyle's clear for me at this point as well. I really enjoyed his post about his expectations for Sloonei.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:44 am Epignosis is my final vote. The guy said it’s same shit different day, meaning he is well aware that my play in this game is ordinary for a civilian JJJ. His case is contngent upon that.

Just think that through, people.
Epignosis has shown more than once, his ability to use bizarro Epi-Logic for his cases early on. I know this intimately. You've been there before, why is this making you OMGUS so hard?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:31 amThis is the biggest load of shit I've ever seen Epignosis dump into a Mafia thread.
It's really, really, really, really not.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I swear that "omgus" is one of the silliest notions in Mafia, and we'd all be better off if it just disappeared. I mean seriously, whenever I am revealed to be town, please take that to heart folks.

No u is stupid.

Omgus is stupid.

No more.

That might be my campaign for 2018 alongside Sloonei's fight against ketchup.

Anyway, to answer your question LC, I don't care what is perceived to be "normal" for Epignosis. This kind of "that's Epi being Epi" shit is what he has thrived on as a bad guy since I joined this website and probably long before. He can do or say basically anything and people refuse to actually dig into it with any thoroughness -- it's infuriating. If I see something that I hate at face value, then that is going to define my read. You might understand where I stand better than most here because you have gotten into plenty of Day 1 combat with Epignosis. In the scenarios where you both ended up being town, can you describe in general terms the behavior you have felt is so suspicious that you ended up wrong about? Don't spend a lot of time on this since it's external meta; I'm just asking for a tip.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 151

Post by speedchuck »

JJJ: "I am good because I'm doing what I normally do D1, and what I would only do as town. It would make no sense if I did this as scum."
Also JJJ: "I don't care what Epi usually does when he's town. It's scummy. I hate it, and that defines my read. Don't care if it makes no sense for him to do this as scum."
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I voted JJJ just now, BTW. Bracing myself for fallout.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:57 pm JJJ: "I am good because I'm doing what I normally do D1, and what I would only do as town."
I didn't say that.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:57 pmAlso JJJ: "Don't care if it makes no sense for him to do this as scum."
I didn't say that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:00 pm I voted JJJ just now, BTW. Bracing myself for fallout.
Why not kyle?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

What I did say:

Epignosis is suggesting that what I did was an act. I don't believe him. There is a very obvious reason why he shouldn't have that opinion which I unfortunately cannot say in this thread within the spirit of the site. I already stated his mafia motive for the Sloonei/JJJ shit, and nobody should have to squeeze their brains too hard to find a mafia motive for "get JJJ mislynched".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Speaking of dizzying, I'm voting dizzy until I see a cat pic from her.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:47 am Anyone who really believes I would prefer to whip this thread into a frenzy for appearances than just let it snail along with nothing but theme-inspired chatter has no clue about my mafia-aligned play. No clue.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:48 pm Anyway, to answer your question LC, I don't care what is perceived to be "normal" for Epignosis. This kind of "that's Epi being Epi" shit is what he has thrived on as a bad guy since I joined this website and probably long before. He can do or say basically anything and people refuse to actually dig into it with any thoroughness -- it's infuriating. If I see something that I hate at face value, then that is going to define my read. You might understand where I stand better than most here because you have gotten into plenty of Day 1 combat with Epignosis. In the scenarios where you both ended up being town, can you describe in general terms the behavior you have felt is so suspicious that you ended up wrong about? Don't spend a lot of time on this since it's external meta; I'm just asking for a tip.
I guess I can't paraphrase, then.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:13 am Oh wow, the bass player turned into a fish. This must be a metaphor for my state of mind.
seabass player ;)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:48 pm I swear that "omgus" is one of the silliest notions in Mafia, and we'd all be better off if it just disappeared. I mean seriously, whenever I am revealed to be town, please take that to heart folks.

No u is stupid.

Omgus is stupid.

No more.

Anyway, to answer your question LC, I don't care what is perceived to be "normal" for Epignosis. This kind of "that's Epi being Epi" shit is what he has thrived on as a bad guy since I joined this website and probably long before. He can do or say basically anything and people refuse to actually dig into it with any thoroughness -- it's infuriating. If I see something that I hate at face value, then that is going to define my read. You might understand where I stand better than most here because you have gotten into plenty of Day 1 combat with Epignosis. In the scenarios where you both ended up being town, can you describe in general terms the behavior you have felt is so suspicious that you ended up wrong about? Don't spend a lot of time on this since it's external meta; I'm just asking for a tip.
Epi says things that I really believe we both know to not be true, but he acts like it's the opposite. Recently, he used some backwards logic to try to convince everyone that I had slipped, and no amount of correct, linear breakdown of what was wrong with his backwards logic would get him to bat an eyelash about it. That's the Civ Epi I know, I can't remember what bad Epi is like in the early game. Does he plant instigation seeds? Can't recall.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:47 am Anyone who really believes I would prefer to whip this thread into a frenzy for appearances than just let it snail along with nothing but theme-inspired chatter has no clue about my mafia-aligned play. No clue.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:48 pm Anyway, to answer your question LC, I don't care what is perceived to be "normal" for Epignosis. This kind of "that's Epi being Epi" shit is what he has thrived on as a bad guy since I joined this website and probably long before. He can do or say basically anything and people refuse to actually dig into it with any thoroughness -- it's infuriating. If I see something that I hate at face value, then that is going to define my read. You might understand where I stand better than most here because you have gotten into plenty of Day 1 combat with Epignosis. In the scenarios where you both ended up being town, can you describe in general terms the behavior you have felt is so suspicious that you ended up wrong about? Don't spend a lot of time on this since it's external meta; I'm just asking for a tip.
I guess I can't paraphrase, then.
Agreed, you can't. You shoved two addendums into those paraphrasings that morph their meaning.

I never said Epi's actions don't make sense for him as a scum. I don't know why you'd stick those words in my mouth when I have been yelling for his head all of Day 1. I also suggested that I understand people generally won't take my comments about my own playing methods at face value, because accepting that WIFOM is beyond their civilian boundaries.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If people are going to vote for me, I just have one request: keep the tally close. Don't let the wagon take off.

Suspect me for saying that if you want, I don't give a shit. Just please keep it close.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:48 pm I swear that "omgus" is one of the silliest notions in Mafia, and we'd all be better off if it just disappeared. I mean seriously, whenever I am revealed to be town, please take that to heart folks.

No u is stupid.

Omgus is stupid.

No more.

Epi says things that I really believe we both know to not be true, but he acts like it's the opposite. Recently, he used some backwards logic to try to convince everyone that I had slipped, and no amount of correct, linear breakdown of what was wrong with his backwards logic would get him to bat an eyelash about it. That's the Civ Epi I know, I can't remember what bad Epi is like in the early game. Does he plant instigation seeds? Can't recall.
I remember mafia Epi in Night Vale. He was very background, didn't do much. Definitely nothing like this.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:22 pm I remember mafia Epi in Night Vale. He was very background, didn't do much. Definitely nothing like this.
What was I like in Phenon and Mountain Mafia?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:15 pm

No u is stupid.

Omgus is stupid.

No more.

Yes. The Epi/LC dynamic is in play here, only Epi changed his target to Jay to shake things up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:22 pm I remember mafia Epi in Night Vale. He was very background, didn't do much. Definitely nothing like this.
Supatown!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:28 pm
Supatown!
Sure the former, no way the latter.

What am I like in this game, Marmot?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:28 pm Yes. The Epi/LC dynamic is in play here, only Epi changed his target to Jay to shake things up.
Could be. If so, it sheds a lot of new light on why that always sets LC off so much.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

:ponder:

In mountain mafia, you replaced in and threw crap at your teammates till you died. I didn't see the case at the time. Flip surprised me.
In Phenon, I was dead, and knew who you were. The most I remember was you putting in a ton of effort at the end, getting emotional about the lynch, and appealing to your effort to keep the thread going (which you now say was a load of crap :shrug2: ).

You're usually a lot cooler and more consistent than you're being this game, so the best comparison I can throw to would be the games above. Especially Phenon. I can't know if you're throwing crap at teammates right now, unless Epig is scum with you. Then we'd also include the game where Sloonei said you bussed him D1 as a point of comparison.

There's probably more to your play than that, but I'm not rereading your games. That would take forever. I'm also not suspecting you for the same reasons as Epi.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:30 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:28 pm
Supatown!
Sure the former, no way the latter.

What am I like in this game, Marmot?
I don't know, I haven't read many of your posts yet.

What am I like in this game J^3?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Darn it, I was going to bold something and then missed a tag when I was deleting it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:17 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:14 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:41 amBelieve me or don't, this entire dialogue is just WIFOM to people who aren't me.
the other stuff you've said basically amounts to sandbagging but this part is a valid point, I think
That's not a point. That's like... a disclaimer or something.
It pretty much was a disclaimer. I actually just didn't want to talk about it anymore. :p I was tired and I'm bad at day 1's and I'd mostly only heard like 5 different people talk.

I think Jay's presented attitude that his civvie meta would be a burden for his team as mafia is sandbagging and his insistence that he would never do it seems false. Adopting something into your civvie-ness meta means you *have* to add it to your mafia meta, and I think Jay knows that.

the thread is bound to accelerate at some point even without Jay's interference so why wouldn't it be beneficial for jay to be the one to accelerate it? It's not about town credit or whatever it's about pragmatic choices and wearing the mask. It's about avoiding the inevitable "thread is quiet and jay hasn't thrown shit today, isn't that weird? maybe he's not as interested in finding mafia as usual for some reason"

Jay's insistence that he would never use that tactic as mafia is what bothers me the most, because it seems like a necessity more than an option.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:32 pmand appealing to your effort to keep the thread going (which you now say was a load of crap :shrug2: ).
*head explodes*

Please review:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:59 am I don't care what bothers you. I won Phenon: Origins because the civilians were generally disengaged and did not try. I won Transistor because the civilians were generally disengaged and did not try. Rule #1 is to let a lazy thread remain lazy. There have been instances where I've provided some half-assed fake "motivation", like "let's go, the thread is moving too slow". Those things never matter and don't hasten the thread pace.
My effort to keep the thread going in that game was bogus and it didn't work -- I was vomiting b/s. That thread stayed slow because I wanted it to. This thread stopped being slow because I wanted it to.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:32 pmYou're usually a lot cooler and more consistent than you're being this game, so the best comparison I can throw to would be the games above. Especially Phenon. I can't know if you're throwing crap at teammates right now, unless Epig is scum with you. Then we'd also include the game where Sloonei said you bussed him D1 as a point of comparison.

There's probably more to your play than that, but I'm not rereading your games. That would take forever. I'm also not suspecting you for the same reasons as Epi.
If you really believe the highlighted portion, then you need to play more games with me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:33 pm the thread is bound to accelerate at some point even without Jay's interference so why wouldn't it be beneficial for jay to be the one to accelerate it? It's not about town credit or whatever it's about pragmatic choices and wearing the mask. It's about avoiding the inevitable "thread is quiet and jay hasn't thrown shit today, isn't that weird? maybe he's not as interested in finding mafia as usual for some reason"
This is where your perception of this game and my perception so differ.

Would the game have "accelerated" without my interference? Technically, yes, it'd have moved a bit faster than the nothing of the first 12 hours of Day 0. Would it have blown the hell up without my interference?

Nope.

Fuck nope.

Call me arrogant. Tell me I'm taking too much credit. Don't give a damn. It's what I believe and it's why I blew it up.

There are two games going with a lot of player overlap. This one was set to be a snail without some help. I helped.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:37 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:32 pmYou're usually a lot cooler and more consistent than you're being this game, so the best comparison I can throw to would be the games above. Especially Phenon. I can't know if you're throwing crap at teammates right now, unless Epig is scum with you. Then we'd also include the game where Sloonei said you bussed him D1 as a point of comparison.

If you really believe the highlighted portion, then you need to play more games with me.
Unfortunately, that won't help him in his read of you in this moment. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:33 pm I don't know, I haven't read many of your posts yet.

Suspicious now that you told me you haven't read many of my posts. The recent thread consists of Epi and I engaged in hand-to-hand combat. You didn't ignore it if you got as far as seeing Dizzy's posts and no cats.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The difference that I think speedchuck and Kyle are missing in my description of my own play:

Would I make it look like I am trying to accelerate a thread as a bad guy? Absolutely.

Would I actually do a good job? Nope.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:41 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:33 pm I don't know, I haven't read many of your posts yet.

Suspicious now that you told me you haven't read many of my posts. The recent thread consists of Epi and I engaged in hand-to-hand combat. You didn't ignore it if you got as far as seeing Dizzy's posts and no cats.
I am capable of ISOing Dizzy to see if she has posted any cats. That's a priority to me.

So yes I absolutely ignored it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:41 pm

I am capable of ISOing Dizzy to see if she has posted any cats. That's a priority to me.

So yes I absolutely ignored it.
Probably true. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

But I will comment that you seem incredibly flustered right now, which I can see in your sudden fling of suspicion at me.

Dubious. Dizzying. Daring? Daunting.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Y'all remember in Vocaroo 2 when dunya bullshat me on Day 1, and my as my irritation and burning rage elevated built and you could hear it in my voice?

You're witnessing the text version.

It's possible that Epignosis is the dunya of this scenario. That'd require stepping off of the horseshit accusations that have left us in this dialogue though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:39 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:33 pm the thread is bound to accelerate at some point even without Jay's interference so why wouldn't it be beneficial for jay to be the one to accelerate it? It's not about town credit or whatever it's about pragmatic choices and wearing the mask. It's about avoiding the inevitable "thread is quiet and jay hasn't thrown shit today, isn't that weird? maybe he's not as interested in finding mafia as usual for some reason"
This is where your perception of this game and my perception so differ.

Would the game have "accelerated" without my interference? Technically, yes, it'd have moved a bit faster than the nothing of the first 12 hours of Day 0. Would it have blown the hell up without my interference?

Nope.

Fuck nope.

Call me arrogant. Tell me I'm taking too much credit. Don't give a damn. It's what I believe and it's why I blew it up.

There are two games going with a lot of player overlap. This one was set to be a snail without some help. I helped.
There's obviously plenty of evidence to the contrary, Jim. It feels ridiculous to have to say it, but I can go back a decade to see hundreds of games where someone did something on Day 1 that 'started it up' in that way. Most of them didn't contain you. At least half the people in this game have been responsible for getting things going with some daring push or pushy dare.

So, is this really your honest opinion?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:07 pm Why Kyle, in a few sentences?
I didn't feel like his response to your fake tell was authentic, he was more combative/dismissive than productive (this was what I hoped to highlight in my single-word case against him), and the development of his read on you appeared incongruous (jumping from a clear cut "bad look" to "NAI" when you explained yourself). I'm also unclear on his read on me and the way it has progressed.
you keep saying "clear cut bad look" that's not true at all. I used "if, then" statements and when Kyle brings out the "if, then" statements you know shit's serious

I was angry. Like I was definitely angry, but my view on Jay at the time was ultimately contingent on what he did with his thrown brick. If he just left it there and let me die, then that would have been a huge red flag. Instead he into my house and swept the broken glass up and then started using the opening in shattered window to throw bricks at other players.

That so far is not alignment indicative. The thing I think may be alignment indicative is Jay's implication that throwing bricks should be alignment indicative cus he would be less likely to throw bricks as mafia. I think that insistence may be alignment indicative.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”