The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 514
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Fiddler on the Roof Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:22 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:07 pm 3J, do you use a mouse?
90% of the time yes
Your quote problems suggest a broken mouse, which automatically double clicks. I replace mine every six months.
Probably. This thing is old as shit. :beer:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 pm
Vote for me.
voting for someone who isn't likely to be lynched is wasting a vote
I've given a read on Jay. I also have a strong town read on Speedchuck and a mild town read on Mac.[/quote
okay so you've given 3 negative reads today I guess that means you're not tunneling, my bad
would you like to present a case against me?
what I would like is for you to stop wasting my time so I can figure out who to actually vote for during this day phase where my life is on the line
we have three hours and things are very much up in the air. If I'm a prime suspect, I think you should say why.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:17 pm @Kylemii

GTH reads on every player please. I would appreciate it. You don't have to research them or think too hard. Just give me the gut takes. Copy the list here if you like:
Epi - good
Nutella - good
Wilgy - good
Daisy - bad
LC - good
Dyslexicon - good
FZ - bad
Speed - good
JJJ - good
Marmot - bad
Sloonei -bad
Lorab - good
Dave - ???
Novaselinenever - ???
Mac - good
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:55 pm The door was always there. All he needed to do was ask a question or two and it would have been opened.

Are you not alarmed that a player spent a great deal of time refuting a claim without any substance to it?
Not really, no. Frankly I'd have been more suspicious if Kyle had been Mr. Cool and Collected in response to me dropping a "tell" bomb on him in the middle of Day 0. Consider my own reactions to the Epignosis version of the poop, as you've assigned it -- is there a huge difference between my treatment of that and Kyle's treatment of mine?
No, there isn't. I was suspicious of you for a little bit during that episode as well. But I feel good about your posts outside of that. I don't feel particularly good about anything Kyle has done in this game.
Okay, so you despite your reservations you can envision a universe where a civilian JJJ reacts that way.

Does this not mean by extension that a civilian Kyle can react that way?
Absolutely. In townie kyle universe, he was flustered by being made the target of the game's first suspicion and started denying it. But I find the universe in which Kyle is mafia to be more likely. I still would expect town kyle to make more of an effort to understand your prod.
You've made an effort to analyze the contents of Epignosis' feces.
This exchange is the main bullshit. Jay calls him out on an inconsistency, he responds with a handwavey "I just think Kyle is more likely bad"
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ebwop
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 pm
Vote for me.
voting for someone who isn't likely to be lynched is wasting a vote
I've given a read on Jay. I also have a strong town read on Speedchuck and a mild town read on Mac.
okay so you've given 3 negative reads today I guess that means you're not tunneling, my bad
would you like to present a case against me?
what I would like is for you to stop wasting my time so I can figure out who to actually vote for during this day phase where my life is on the line
we have three hours and things are very much up in the air. If I'm a prime suspect, I think you should say why.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Whose idea was it to create the false dilemma of lynching myself or DrWilgy because we are "cruising making jokes" when that is not what is happening.

I'm looking at you MacDougall. :evileye:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:19 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:59 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:55 pm The door was always there. All he needed to do was ask a question or two and it would have been opened.

Are you not alarmed that a player spent a great deal of time refuting a claim without any substance to it?
Not really, no. Frankly I'd have been more suspicious if Kyle had been Mr. Cool and Collected in response to me dropping a "tell" bomb on him in the middle of Day 0. Consider my own reactions to the Epignosis version of the poop, as you've assigned it -- is there a huge difference between my treatment of that and Kyle's treatment of mine?
No, there isn't. I was suspicious of you for a little bit during that episode as well. But I feel good about your posts outside of that. I don't feel particularly good about anything Kyle has done in this game.
Okay, so you despite your reservations you can envision a universe where a civilian JJJ reacts that way.

Does this not mean by extension that a civilian Kyle can react that way?
Absolutely. In townie kyle universe, he was flustered by being made the target of the game's first suspicion and started denying it. But I find the universe in which Kyle is mafia to be more likely. I still would expect town kyle to make more of an effort to understand your prod.
You've made an effort to analyze the contents of Epignosis' feces.
This exchange is the main bullshit. Jay calls him out on an inconsistency, he responds with a handwavey "I just think Kyle is more likely bad"
what's the supposed inconsistency? I thought Jay was just seeking clarification, not calling out an inconsistency.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

sloonei with all due respect I'm done responding to you. your case is bad and you're only being repetitive and I have family over that I should be hanging out with, I can't be a good family member, and respond to you, and also make a good decision for this day phase at the same time. I can do 1, maybe 2 of those things but not all 3.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:28 pm

GTH reads on every player please. I would appreciate it. You don't have to research them or think too hard. Just give me the gut takes. Copy the list here if you like:
Epi - good
Nutella - good
Wilgy - good
Daisy - bad
LC - good
Dyslexicon - good
FZ - bad
Speed - good
JJJ - good
Marmot - bad
Sloonei -bad
Lorab - good
Dave - ???
Novaselinenever - ???
Mac - good
Talk about it, Sloonei.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 321

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:32 pm Whose idea was it to create the false dilemma of lynching myself or DrWilgy because we are "cruising making jokes" when that is not what is happening.

I decided I'd rather see two people who aren't contributing well enough for me to analyse (my group 3) lynched and you two are the best choice the group because you've made the most posts. Then someone else said they had a town read on Wilgy so we're frog marching you off the roof unless you can show some reason why we shouldn't ...

Tell us your reads. Do something. Sure, come at the person who decided to start a wagon on you that's fine. Anything is good if you're a civ and don't want to be lynched.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:34 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:28 pm

Epi - good
Nutella - good
Wilgy - good
Daisy - bad
LC - good
Dyslexicon - good
FZ - bad
Speed - good
JJJ - good
Marmot - bad
Sloonei -bad
Lorab - good
Dave - ???
Novaselinenever - ???
Mac - good
Talk about it, Sloonei.
His scum team is me and three low posters. That's not surprising. But, like I said, my objection was his attitude toward giving me a read earlier. He asked "what the purpose" of my line of questioning was. I did not like that. I've been in his face all game but he's just been waffling back and forth on me until now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 pm I decided I'd rather see two people who aren't contributing well enough for me to analyse (my group 3) lynched and you two are the best choice the group because you've made the most posts.
Epignosis, please talk to me about this sentence.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jimmy would you say that this is consistent with how Kylemii responds to significant case making in games where he has ended up civilian ie. Pirates? That is a long ass ISO you linked me and I wasn't in the game so I actually found it hard to really get my head into the content.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 pm I decided I'd rather see two people who aren't contributing well enough for me to analyse (my group 3) lynched and you two are the best choice the group because you've made the most posts.
Epignosis, please talk to me about this sentence.
You'd rather talk to him about it than me? Weird.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:21 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:20 pm getting lynched for day 1 bullshit used to be my #1 cause of death.
You described my post as "unhelpful" earlier. why?
because it was unhelpful

all you did was sharpen the focus on something that was already being focused on

is that value added?
This post reminds me so much of ScummyJimmyJay's argument that Mesk's posts featured "no civilian utility" in Mountain Mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

They're taking me to get Phò. I'm placing a vote on Sloonei rn. I should be back early enough to make a good decision before the poll ends.

At this point I don't even mind that much if I get lynched? I mean I'd obviously prefer to live but I think this game would do fine without me, and I'm never super critical to town success anyways so... whatever I guess. I'll be back in a little while.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

like I really don't mean to be dismissive but I can't hang out in my room on my phone right now
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 pm Jimmy would you say that this is consistent with how Kylemii responds to significant case making in games where he has ended up civilian ie. Pirates? That is a long ass ISO you linked me and I wasn't in the game so I actually found it hard to really get my head into the content.
I honestly can't remember playing in another game where that happened. I was a co-host of Pirates and thought that he was being cased for really silly reasons, and I do think he at least fought hard against it. I can't speak to the specific tone or candor.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Can somebody summarize the cases against marmot and epi for me? I've seen discussion of them, but it's hard to pin down the central points.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 pm Jimmy would you say that this is consistent with how Kylemii responds to significant case making in games where he has ended up civilian ie. Pirates? That is a long ass ISO you linked me and I wasn't in the game so I actually found it hard to really get my head into the content.
I honestly can't remember playing in another game where that happened. I was a co-host of Pirates and thought that he was being cased for really silly reasons, and I do think he at least fought hard against it. I can't speak to the specific tone or candor.
We should lynch him to establish a benchmark then. :biggrin:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:44 pm Can somebody summarize the cases against marmot and epi for me? I've seen discussion of them, but it's hard to pin down the central points.
Marmot = Waffly. Posting inconsistently. Low contribution but seems to be around a bit. Seems to be picking and choosing what to comment on but never making waves. POE.

Epi is someone elses cross to bear.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:37 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:32 pm Whose idea was it to create the false dilemma of lynching myself or DrWilgy because we are "cruising making jokes" when that is not what is happening.

I decided I'd rather see two people who aren't contributing well enough for me to analyse (my group 3) lynched and you two are the best choice the group because you've made the most posts. Then someone else said they had a town read on Wilgy so we're frog marching you off the roof unless you can show some reason why we shouldn't ...

Tell us your reads. Do something. Sure, come at the person who decided to start a wagon on you that's fine. Anything is good if you're a civ and don't want to be lynched.
That's ridiculous. Your original rainbow list had me in the green section. How am I suddenly your primary lynch target because you decided I'm not contributing enough (after I actually started contributing) and because someone else had a town read of DrWilgy?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:47 pm

That's ridiculous. Your original rainbow list had me in the green section. How am I suddenly your primary lynch target because you decided I'm not contributing enough (after I actually started contributing) and because someone else had a town read of DrWilgy?
So you haven't read the extended discussion about how my rainbow list was actually just speedchuck's?

You've never been a town read. You have been no higher than null all game. Mostly this is based on POE. If you want to be spared you should try to include yourself in the E.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:42 pm like I really don't mean to be dismissive but I can't hang out in my room on my phone right now
This is more than fine. Sorry if I've been disruptive to you living your life in any way.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:44 pm Can somebody summarize the cases against marmot and epi for me? I've seen discussion of them, but it's hard to pin down the central points.
Marmot = Waffly. Posting inconsistently. Low contribution but seems to be around a bit. Seems to be picking and choosing what to comment on but never making waves. POE.

Of course I pick and choose what I comment on. I can't respond to every single post.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[mention]Marmot[/mention], you're still voting for Dyslexicon. As far as I can tell, this is still because she's not posted enough cat gifs. As heinous as that is, I don't think it constitutes a solid reason to case a vote this late in the day phase. who are you going to change to?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 pm

Of course I pick and choose what I comment on. I can't respond to every single post.
My thought is you have done it in a way so as to only be choosing to comment on things that have little chance of exposing you. Keeping up appearances.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:52 pm Marmot, you're still voting for Dyslexicon. As far as I can tell, this is still because she's not posted enough cat gifs. As heinous as that is, I don't think it constitutes a solid reason to case a vote this late in the day phase. who are you going to change to?
I'll change my vote as I damn well please.

I'm frustrated because I made a post earlier today. In that post, I said it's ridiculous that a player should get a Day 1 pass because they are a "shitty lynch" even if they'd be worth lynching any other day or as any other player. And now I'm getting votes because I am the opposite of a shitty lynch.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I don't like this post. I can excuse Marmot not being aware of Mac copying speedchuck's rainbow, but I don't like the way he dismisses the possibility of Mac having a change of opinion.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:52 pm Marmot, you're still voting for Dyslexicon. As far as I can tell, this is still because she's not posted enough cat gifs. As heinous as that is, I don't think it constitutes a solid reason to case a vote this late in the day phase. who are you going to change to?

I'm frustrated because I made a post earlier today. In that post, I said it's ridiculous that a player should get a Day 1 pass because they are a "shitty lynch" even if they'd be worth lynching any other day or as any other player. And now I'm getting votes because I am the opposite of a shitty lynch.
Do you have any significant suspects?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:52 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:51 pm

My thought is you have done it in a way so as to only be choosing to comment on things that have little chance of exposing you. Keeping up appearances.
:shrug:

I've not had time to read the whole thread. Nor likely will I. Probably the same reason I missed you posting speedchuck's rainbow as your own.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

He's a Mad Marmot.

Do you think I should be lynched?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:58 pm

I don't like this post. I can excuse Marmot not being aware of Mac copying speedchuck's rainbow, but I don't like the way he dismisses the possibility of Mac having a change of opinion.
There was no basis for his change of opinion, so yes I can.

There was no mention of me between the two lists.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 74

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot friend. I want you to die.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I would rather lynch Marmot than Kyle or Wilgy, but I would rather lynch Sloonei than Marmot. Kyle said he'd vote for Sloonei; if one other person does I'd move there. Otherwise I'm staying on Epi.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:01 pm

He's a Mad Marmot.

Do you think I should be lynched?
Yes, because I was lynched early in each of my last two games and you contributed to both of them. :meany:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:04 pm I would rather lynch Marmot than Kyle or Wilgy, but I would rather lynch Sloonei than Marmot. Kyle said he'd vote for Sloonei; if one other person does I'd move there. Otherwise I'm staying on Epi.
You drew a comparison before to Sloonei's failed tunnel on colonialbob from Mountain Mafia. Do you perceive a difference in this tunnel?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm Yes, because I was lynched early in each of my last two games and you contributed to both of them. :meany:
I did. Am I mafia in this game though?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:04 pm I would rather lynch Marmot than Kyle or Wilgy, but I would rather lynch Sloonei than Marmot. Kyle said he'd vote for Sloonei; if one other person does I'd move there. Otherwise I'm staying on Epi.
Talk some more about why I'm a suspect.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm
You drew a comparison before to Sloonei's failed tunnel on colonialbob from Mountain Mafia. Do you perceive a difference in this tunnel?
I didn't at first, but I think his responses to Kyle have become more and more stubborn and repetitive, and like I said I didn't like his response to your question either. Plus, his case on cbob in Mountains had a lot more actual content/justification/growth; here he has been restating the same ~3 reasons and waving aside Kyle's explanations. It was similar at first, but I think he's losing credibility.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:12 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm
I didn't at first, but I think his responses to Kyle have become more and more stubborn and repetitive, and like I said I didn't like his response to your question either. Plus, his case on cbob in Mountains had a lot more actual content/justification/growth; here he has been restating the same ~3 reasons and waving aside Kyle's explanations. It was similar at first, but I think he's losing credibility.
I don't feel like Kyle's responses to me have explained away my case. I've been repeating myself because my concerns are still alive.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm Yes, because I was lynched early in each of my last two games and you contributed to both of them. :meany:
I did. Am I mafia in this game though?
I don't want to lynch you today, no. I disagree with Epignosis's posts leading up to the linked one, especially the part where he says that you talking will help expose your teammates more. This is true of any player, but I would gander it's less true of you than most players. Not that you wouldn't talk about your teammates, but that it'd be harder to for anyone to read those connections.

That, and if you're mafia, Epignosis must certainly acknowledge that you'd have a decent shot at talking your way out of a lynch later. :grin:

I'm much more interested in lynching him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 pm I don't feel like Kyle's responses to me have explained away my case. I've been repeating myself because my concerns are still alive.
Do you think it's possible for your concerns to become dead?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I mean, look at this contradiction. Zero people have commented on this:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:14 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:38 pm
This was the turn in the conversation that I really didn't like, and still do not. If this is what Kyle assumed, then why did he launch so quickly into defense mode? why was it his objective to negate and dismiss a prod which he presumed to be disingenuous, rather than simply observing that it was disingenuous? This might be my least favorite post in the thread.
this implies that i should ever ignore lies being told about me and assume the liar must have good intentions. i disagree with that on principle based on the fact that this is mafia? lies and innaccurate statements should always be called out.
But you acknowledged in this same breath that you were pretty sure this particular lie was just a standard mafia ploy. If this is your interpretation, why was it so important to refute it first?
"pretty sure this particular lie was just a standard mafia ploy" again that's false. I said I was pretty sure he was lying cus factually speaking there were no consistencies between this game and sc2. The reasoning was still unknown.
Hmmmmm?
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 pm i actually kinda assumed you were lying for standard day zero jay-prod purposes?
Does no one else see why I feel bad about this?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:14 pm I don't feel like Kyle's responses to me have explained away my case. I've been repeating myself because my concerns are still alive.
Do you think it's possible for your concerns to become dead?
Yes. My most pressing concerns aren't even being discussed in any capacity though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 pm I don't want to lynch you today, no. I disagree with Epignosis's posts leading up to the linked one, especially the part where he says that you talking will help expose your teammates more. This is true of any player, but I would gander it's less true of you than most players. Not that you wouldn't talk about your teammates, but that it'd be harder to for anyone to read those connections.

That, and if you're mafia, Epignosis must certainly acknowledge that you'd have a decent shot at talking your way out of a lynch later. :grin:

I'm much more interested in lynching him.
I need to see whether there's precedent for a civilian Epignosis giving me a Day 1 pass when he suspects me. Civilian Epignosis has suspected me many times so there should be something to find. RED vs. BLUE sets a precedent for mafia Epignosis to give me as Day 1 pass when he suspects me. I'll look into it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Spacedaisy »

Ok, holy shit ya'll! I left for work and thought maybe I could slowly catch up on the last three pages. Now there are ten more. There is no way I can catch up with this before the day ends so I'm probably going to random vote between the people earning votes.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:17 pm I mean, look at this contradiction. Zero people have commented on this:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:14 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:08 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:01 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:38 pm
This was the turn in the conversation that I really didn't like, and still do not. If this is what Kyle assumed, then why did he launch so quickly into defense mode? why was it his objective to negate and dismiss a prod which he presumed to be disingenuous, rather than simply observing that it was disingenuous? This might be my least favorite post in the thread.
this implies that i should ever ignore lies being told about me and assume the liar must have good intentions. i disagree with that on principle based on the fact that this is mafia? lies and innaccurate statements should always be called out.
But you acknowledged in this same breath that you were pretty sure this particular lie was just a standard mafia ploy. If this is your interpretation, why was it so important to refute it first?
"pretty sure this particular lie was just a standard mafia ploy" again that's false. I said I was pretty sure he was lying cus factually speaking there were no consistencies between this game and sc2. The reasoning was still unknown.
Hmmmmm?
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:19 pm i actually kinda assumed you were lying for standard day zero jay-prod purposes?
Does no one else see why I feel bad about this?
I am out of context and don't know what the problem here is.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Spacedaisy wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:19 pm Ok, holy shit ya'll! I left for work and thought maybe I could slowly catch up on the last three pages. Now there are ten more. There is no way I can catch up with this before the day ends so I'm probably going to random vote between the people earning votes.
Don't do this. Devote the time you would have spent catching up to talking to us here and now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:17 pm Does no one else see why I feel bad about this?
He suspected I was lying because there was no logical way he could find that I couldn't be in the only mafia-aligned game he'd played in recent memory. And he was inclined to attribute that lie to a standard JJJ prod.

What's the problem?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”