Posts in topic: 514
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Fiddler on the Roof Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con and Kylemii

Spoiler: show
Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:49 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:31 am Kyle is with the Russian Police. Discuss.
He is? What is there to discuss then, let's string him up!
Long Con wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:55 pm Civvie BTSC is the most powerful thing... or at least Civvie-Civvie knowledge. Confirming Civs is one of the best things we can do to win the game.
Kylemii wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:01 pm...second of all you've never even seen me play as mafia before, the only player in recent history who has is dunya and even then it was just one game under unique circumstances, not enough to build correlation from
This section is sketchy, Kyle, it reads like it's written by someone with a mafia alignment. "you've never even seen me play as mafia before" implies you're mafia now, and the statement that there's "not enough to build correlation from" implies that there could be enough at some point, but if you're Civ, then the idea would be that "correlation is impossible because I'm not bad."

Long Con jumped joyfully on my fake tell and then griped at Kyle for his response to it with this language-driven manipulation. This is bullshit, and looks like LC smearing a civilian who is already frustrated.

I gave LC shit for that and he backed away from the accusation both in response to me and Kyle himself. Kyle identified a shady crop job from LC which made his post look worse than it was, and LC was forced to recant.

I already think Kyle is not his teammate.

LC promptly cleared Kyle after the latter provided some concerns about Sloonei. LC realized continuing to poke Kyle would be a losing game after the fake tell controversy had subsided other than Sloonei, and he shifted his focus to the other civilian in the dialogue (Sloonei).

Long Con wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:54 am @Kylemii

You shouldn't vote me because the case against me is that I didn't give special insight into the JJJ/Epi fight, and that I asked Epi to clarify "hedging", and that I didn't accuse FZ when she accused me.

I'm not bad and these reasons are not enough to kill me over.

"Kyle, my civilian last hope, you mustn't vote for me because this is how dumb Jay's case [not my case] is -- see look right here, isn't it so dumb?"

~~~

Conclusion -- I'm finished here. Kyle is removed from the POE pool.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

At the moment I think I'd pick between daisy and marmot for tomorrow, but I'm hardly sure on that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Operation Trust Falls:

Epi: was strongly pushed by mafia member, unlikely.
Nutella: at many points I have found myself agreeing with Nutella on things, she's been assertive but also agreeable and that gives me good vibes
Wilgy: he's put forward an effort to contribute that I associate more with civ wilgy than bad wilgy
Kylemii: he is very handsome and has huge muscles. It's impossible for him to do crime.
Dyslexicon: feels genuine to me, I think the advancement of their read on me is the exact opposite of how a solo mafia would want to go if they were preparing to use me as a mislynch, which would be basically necessary (along with 4 more) to win.
FZ: went after LC pretty hard and also early
JJJ: strict adherance to town meta, so very many isos.
Marmot: asks a lot of questions, reacts to stimuli, has no qualms about suspecting players other people don't suspect
Sloonei: strong pusher against both LC and LR, not very compatible with bussing, I also don't think any of what we went through together on day 1 would have realistically happened if Sloonei were mafia
SpaceDavey: when she came back into the game it felt as if we were seeing a return of the same player
Novaselinenever: was on the LC wagon earlier on in day 3
Mac; has endeavored to solve the game from unique angles

Outcomes:
Marmot was definitely the hardest to find reasons to trust. NVE was second place. Spacedaisy was also kind of hard since her reasons mostly amount to tone. The same is also maybe true with Mac, and Nut. Though I feel good about Nutella tone. I feel I can trust her. I also am not sure of some of the ones which are cleared only for going after long con, since his lynch was a landslide and was probably somewhat foreseeable.

It might be good to review the earlier polls again with the context that both LC and LR were mafia.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:59 pm Kyle voted off-wagons on Day 2, happily leaving the decision to the rabbi. Now we know that the tiebreaker decision hardly mattered. Do we think Kyle would have bailed on lynching either of his two teammates at least for the "deciding vote" credit? It didn't matter which one.

He's an ultra-careful player, but that'd seem more silly than careful to me if he's bad.
I can tell you right now with 90% certainty that a mafia Kyle would have absolutely and very specifically bussed Long Con. Like... it wouldn't even be a question in my mind. I wouldn't even ask him about it, and he'd know what he'd done to deserve it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 321

Post by MacDougall »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:47 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:43 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:42 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:40 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 am

And his other teammate has given him to the wolves.
Who might that be ?
U
I don't think so but it could be.

I'd lynch several people before Nova at this point.
I'd lynch a couple of people before kyle.
I'd be like

Kyle/Marmot/nutella/Nova

Pretty sure everyone else is a civ. Don't particularly care in what order those are lynched.
Did I miss you saying why you have nutella in here, Mac? She is one I would not vote today, considering Lorab's flip.
Nah I'm not even sure.

We should just all make lists of who we want to lynch in order then work out a consensus and vote together.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con and MacDougall

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:29 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:26 pm I apologize for having emotions earlier, I will avoid that in the future.
Cool, I'm not there yet. Is it going to be awesome?

Also, at the point I'm at, Mac and nutella are sparring about the copied rainbow list. So far, I have felt like it makes them both look more bad, so I guess it's worth a reread tomorrow.

Casual, off-hand suspicion tossed in Mac's direction alongside nutella over his copy/paste of speedchuck's rainbow.

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:35 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm So is it genuinely in Epignosis's MO as Mafia to go after Jimmy on day 1 and put himself at risk like this?

He is now leading the votes. I don't like it. It looks like a potential mislynch to me. I am getting nam flashbacks to MK.
This post is ugly to me. In a Mac is bad and knows Epi is good, kind of way.

LC made a couple of TMI-type accusations in this game, first this one at Mac and later in the large case against speedchuck. The latter was civilian, so take that however you may.

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:05 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:03 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:31 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:27 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:12 pmThat's rich coming from someone who didn't notice that my rainbow was copied from the previous page.
"wow, i can't believe you actually really believed i was telling the truth while i was obviously being purposefully deceptive for a weird joke"
I didn't post the rainbow list to make a joke. I posted the rainbow list to determine the level to which people were paying attention to see if I could analyse any level of collusion.
Has there been any analysis by Mac on collusion levels?
No because I didn't find any.
Looks like you just posted the rainbow list to be a shit-disturber, and made up this collusion test after to try and give it more validity.

Rainbow list copypasta gripes continued. LC pushed this point, though I don't know if he pursued it beyond talk.

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:55 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:50 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:48 am
DFaraday wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:40 am A message from Avram:
LoRab and LC both seemed to want to push for Epignosis and didn't offer much criticism of each other.
That isn't accurate. I never wanted to push for Epignosis, I voted him for maybe two minutes when I thought it was the best chance to save my life. I had said nothing about Lorab because she hadn't really gotten involved with the game that much, it wasn't some kind of teammate-avoidance strategy.
who should we lynch today?
Why shouldn't it be Macdougall?

Sloonei asked Long Con who to lynch and got this question as an answer. I don't struggle to see the antagonism as distancing so far.

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:32 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:25 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:19 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:15 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:14 am Well, right now it looks like he's shoehorning Marmot into lynch position for dubious reasons.
Do you read Marmot as town?
GTH yes. I haven't been pinged by him. Lazy play, despite what Macdougall is saying, isn't much of a baddie tell for Marmot.
Can you tell me more about why Macdougall is scum? Is it based entirely on his recent treatment of the marmot?
Actually, it is based on the recent stuff. I'm having some trouble with the two concurrent games running, and getting mixed up between them. This is something that currently looks suspicious.

This might be a bit better for Mac. LC couldn't entirely qualify his suspicion of Mac when pressed by Sloonei, and he moaned a bit about the challenge of playing in two games at once. I'd expect a distancing LC to be more concrete in his expression of suspicion.

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:53 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:45 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:36 am why is "push Marmot" a viable scum strategy for Macdougall entering Day 3?
Attacking Marmot for lazy play, as if Marmot tends to be an overly-vocal, super-analytical player. Possibly ironic, because THAT looks like lazy play on Macdougall's part, going after Marmot for his extremely usual play.
I'm not sure this answers my question, so I'll rephrase: why does it make sense for macdougall, as scum, to pick Marmot of all people as his lynch target for the day?
I guess if I were a better Mafia player, I could figure out that answer. Unless it specifically makes NO sense, then it's a strategy a person could go with. If Marmot is Civ and Mac is bad, then it makes sense to try and get a Civ lynched, while also looking like you're doing some new, fresh hunting. In this instance, though, the new, fresh hunting looks stale.

LC kept at it with regard to Mac's suspicion of Marmot, claiming it was too easy and based upon a premise ignorant of Marmot's normal behavior. I tend to think that most of this stuff says more about Marmot than it says about Mac. I can note though that if Marmot is a civilian, then LC is completely blaming Mac ahead of time for that. There was no good reason to defend Marmot for the very same reasons LC was critical of Mac's suspicion of Marmot, but he did it anyway -- that's TMI on Marmot and perhaps preemptive setup on Mac. I could see them being civilian-civilian in that light (or at least not mafia-not mafia). If one of them is mafia, I think Mac is more likely.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:15 pm I agree with your green reads Mac, save perhaps LC. I don't have much of a read there. What's your inspiration?
I could understand the rationality LC had with his posts that you seemed to disagree with. It's part of the reason I am suspicious of you.

At least some of Mac's early suspicion of me was driven by my handling of rationale provided by LC. Okay.

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:09 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:05 am Looks like you just posted the rainbow list to be a shit-disturber, and made up this collusion test after to try and give it more validity.
Looks like that doesn't it.

Mac's response to LC's accusations re: the copypasta rainbow list were pretty disinterested. At least it doesn't look like your typical energized distancing effort. There's no drama.

Long Con is light green in the middle "gives some credence" group in this segmented rainbow. If nothing else I don't care for this method of presenting reads because it is pretty hard to tell what Mac actually thinks about these folks.

Mac is displeased with LC's turns on Kyle and Sloonei.

I think this is a decent catch, because there really wasn't sufficient justification for those turns and Mac should be credited for identifying this progression.

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:02 am Found the most likely partnership so far. Kyle and Long Con. Speedchuck and Sloonei make no sense to be part of that team. The most likely partner to that team is nutella.

Kyle, Long Con & nutella?

I'm a bit bugged that the partnership Mac pushed for Long Con was the same one I consider highly unlikely -- Kylemii.

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:57 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:09 am Long Con is a civilian and I am voting for speedchuck.
I don't think his post is anywhere near as good as you seem to do. It's precisely what I would expect scum Long Con to enter with on day 2 as a player who has attracted a little suspicion. Pick a player and make a wall post case for civ cred.

Furthermore... Im not sure civ Jay would be that easy to convince.

I was momentarily a doofus in response to LC's case against speedchuck case and Mac didn't agree. It's a somewhat decent look, though my tinfoil alerts are warning me that Mac was attempting to link me to his teammate.

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:16 am Long Con does highlight some posts from speedchuck that are pingy. I felt at the time that he wasn't actually all that focused on the game but hand waved it somewhat as him coasting because he wasn't catching flak.

I would say his points have given me pause on speedchuck particularly given he was my number 1 gut civ read. When I analysed his interactions and found a good number of viable scum teammates I was quite surprised so now that there is some post analysis to his detriment I would be interested to see that lead explored more.

He didn't think LC's case against speedchuck was all crap though.

Long Con is dark green now in the segmented rainbow thing

???

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:34 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:29 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:18 pm To be honest Sloonei I started the analysis expecting better results. The outcome was rather underwhelming. Hence why I haven't done much with it.
Got any priority suspects right now other than Marmot?
I wouldn't call them priority but I am still orange at best on Long Con, nutella and Nova. I am alright with this LC lynch.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:30 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:18 pm To be honest Sloonei I started the analysis expecting better results. The outcome was rather underwhelming. Hence why I haven't done much with it.
Do you think marmot/lorab is a compelling pairing?
I wouldn't say compelling but they are compatible.

Not long after he's "orange at best". 'Kay.

~~~

Conclusion -- Clearly these two have interacted quite a lot in this game, and I think the results are a mixed bag. I noticed a few things that I liked, but I cannot claim they were strong points in Mac's favor. I also encountered things I didn't care for. I really don't know what was happening with that read at the end. He remains a tinfoil candidate.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 135

Post by FZ. »

I forget, why are we so trusting of Dyslexicon given her voting record, other than a general civvie vibe?

linki: Sloonei, I would go with Neither Daisy nor Marmot. The more I read from Daisy, the better she looks to me, and MM could easily be the 3p but he doesn't strike me as bad. Nor does Wilgy or Kyle at the moment. So I'm left with either NVM or one of Mac and Dyslexicon
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:30 pm I forget, why are we so trusting of Dyslexicon given her voting record, other than a general civvie vibe?
I think the best evidence is their early and frequent antagonism with LoRab.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:31 pm
FZ. wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:30 pm I forget, why are we so trusting of Dyslexicon given her voting record, other than a general civvie vibe?
I think the best evidence is their early and frequent antagonism with LoRab.
Okay, I don't recall that. Maybe it was when I went to sleep and neglected to catch up.

JJJ, as the expert in looking for posts, who was it that started the suspicion on the other? Mac on Marmot, or the other way around?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:34 pmOkay, I don't recall that. Maybe it was when I went to sleep and neglected to catch up.
First mentioned here

LoRab answered Dizzy here and seemed to be only responsive instead of probing into her accuser (much like LC was in response to you).
FZ. wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:34 pmJJJ, as the expert in looking for posts, who was it that started the suspicion on the other? Mac on Marmot, or the other way around?
Mac colors Marmot orange in a segmented rainbow thing on the evening of 18 January.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:28 pm Wilgy and Marmot are totally cruising making jokes while a game is going on around them. Let's lynch one of them.
Mac turns it into a more concrete accusation an hour later.
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:32 pm Whose idea was it to create the false dilemma of lynching myself or DrWilgy because we are "cruising making jokes" when that is not what is happening.

I'm looking at you MacDougall. :evileye:
Marmot's first mention of Mac is in direct response to the above, an hour after that. So it would seem Mac's accusation came first.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Thanks JJJ, but I meant in the more serious sense. I think it only started last day.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:27 pm Long Con and MacDougall

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:29 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:26 pm I apologize for having emotions earlier, I will avoid that in the future.
Cool, I'm not there yet. Is it going to be awesome?

Also, at the point I'm at, Mac and nutella are sparring about the copied rainbow list. So far, I have felt like it makes them both look more bad, so I guess it's worth a reread tomorrow.

Casual, off-hand suspicion tossed in Mac's direction alongside nutella over his copy/paste of speedchuck's rainbow.

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:35 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:30 pm So is it genuinely in Epignosis's MO as Mafia to go after Jimmy on day 1 and put himself at risk like this?

He is now leading the votes. I don't like it. It looks like a potential mislynch to me. I am getting nam flashbacks to MK.
This post is ugly to me. In a Mac is bad and knows Epi is good, kind of way.

LC made a couple of TMI-type accusations in this game, first this one at Mac and later in the large case against speedchuck. The latter was civilian, so take that however you may.

Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:05 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:03 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:31 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:27 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:12 pmThat's rich coming from someone who didn't notice that my rainbow was copied from the previous page.
"wow, i can't believe you actually really believed i was telling the truth while i was obviously being purposefully deceptive for a weird joke"
I didn't post the rainbow list to make a joke. I posted the rainbow list to determine the level to which people were paying attention to see if I could analyse any level of collusion.
Has there been any analysis by Mac on collusion levels?
No because I didn't find any.
Looks like you just posted the rainbow list to be a shit-disturber, and made up this collusion test after to try and give it more validity.

Rainbow list copypasta gripes continued. LC pushed this point, though I don't know if he pursued it beyond talk.

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:55 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:50 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:48 am
DFaraday wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:40 am A message from Avram:
LoRab and LC both seemed to want to push for Epignosis and didn't offer much criticism of each other.
That isn't accurate. I never wanted to push for Epignosis, I voted him for maybe two minutes when I thought it was the best chance to save my life. I had said nothing about Lorab because she hadn't really gotten involved with the game that much, it wasn't some kind of teammate-avoidance strategy.
who should we lynch today?
Why shouldn't it be Macdougall?

Sloonei asked Long Con who to lynch and got this question as an answer. I don't struggle to see the antagonism as distancing so far.

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:14 am Well, right now it looks like he's shoehorning Marmot into lynch position for dubious reasons.
GTH yes. I haven't been pinged by him. Lazy play, despite what Macdougall is saying, isn't much of a baddie tell for Marmot.
Can you tell me more about why Macdougall is scum? Is it based entirely on his recent treatment of the marmot?
Actually, it is based on the recent stuff. I'm having some trouble with the two concurrent games running, and getting mixed up between them. This is something that currently looks suspicious.

This might be a bit better for Mac. LC couldn't entirely qualify his suspicion of Mac when pressed by Sloonei, and he moaned a bit about the challenge of playing in two games at once. I'd expect a distancing LC to be more concrete in his expression of suspicion.

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:36 am why is "push Marmot" a viable scum strategy for Macdougall entering Day 3?
Attacking Marmot for lazy play, as if Marmot tends to be an overly-vocal, super-analytical player. Possibly ironic, because THAT looks like lazy play on Macdougall's part, going after Marmot for his extremely usual play.
I'm not sure this answers my question, so I'll rephrase: why does it make sense for macdougall, as scum, to pick Marmot of all people as his lynch target for the day?
I guess if I were a better Mafia player, I could figure out that answer. Unless it specifically makes NO sense, then it's a strategy a person could go with. If Marmot is Civ and Mac is bad, then it makes sense to try and get a Civ lynched, while also looking like you're doing some new, fresh hunting. In this instance, though, the new, fresh hunting looks stale.

LC kept at it with regard to Mac's suspicion of Marmot, claiming it was too easy and based upon a premise ignorant of Marmot's normal behavior. I tend to think that most of this stuff says more about Marmot than it says about Mac. I can note though that if Marmot is a civilian, then LC is completely blaming Mac ahead of time for that. There was no good reason to defend Marmot for the very same reasons LC was critical of Mac's suspicion of Marmot, but he did it anyway -- that's TMI on Marmot and perhaps preemptive setup on Mac. I could see them being civilian-civilian in that light (or at least not mafia-not mafia). If one of them is mafia, I think Mac is more likely.

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:00 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:15 pm I agree with your green reads Mac, save perhaps LC. I don't have much of a read there. What's your inspiration?
I could understand the rationality LC had with his posts that you seemed to disagree with. It's part of the reason I am suspicious of you.

At least some of Mac's early suspicion of me was driven by my handling of rationale provided by LC. Okay.

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:09 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:05 am Looks like you just posted the rainbow list to be a shit-disturber, and made up this collusion test after to try and give it more validity.
Looks like that doesn't it.

Mac's response to LC's accusations re: the copypasta rainbow list were pretty disinterested. At least it doesn't look like your typical energized distancing effort. There's no drama.

Long Con is light green in the middle "gives some credence" group in this segmented rainbow. If nothing else I don't care for this method of presenting reads because it is pretty hard to tell what Mac actually thinks about these folks.

Mac is displeased with LC's turns on Kyle and Sloonei.

I think this is a decent catch, because there really wasn't sufficient justification for those turns and Mac should be credited for identifying this progression.

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:02 am Found the most likely partnership so far. Kyle and Long Con. Speedchuck and Sloonei make no sense to be part of that team. The most likely partner to that team is nutella.

Kyle, Long Con & nutella?

I'm a bit bugged that the partnership Mac pushed for Long Con was the same one I consider highly unlikely -- Kylemii.

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:57 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:09 am Long Con is a civilian and I am voting for speedchuck.
I don't think his post is anywhere near as good as you seem to do. It's precisely what I would expect scum Long Con to enter with on day 2 as a player who has attracted a little suspicion. Pick a player and make a wall post case for civ cred.

Furthermore... Im not sure civ Jay would be that easy to convince.

I was momentarily a doofus in response to LC's case against speedchuck case and Mac didn't agree. It's a somewhat decent look, though my tinfoil alerts are warning me that Mac was attempting to link me to his teammate.

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:16 am Long Con does highlight some posts from speedchuck that are pingy. I felt at the time that he wasn't actually all that focused on the game but hand waved it somewhat as him coasting because he wasn't catching flak.

I would say his points have given me pause on speedchuck particularly given he was my number 1 gut civ read. When I analysed his interactions and found a good number of viable scum teammates I was quite surprised so now that there is some post analysis to his detriment I would be interested to see that lead explored more.

He didn't think LC's case against speedchuck was all crap though.

Long Con is dark green now in the segmented rainbow thing

???

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:34 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:29 pm
Got any priority suspects right now other than Marmot?
I wouldn't call them priority but I am still orange at best on Long Con, nutella and Nova. I am alright with this LC lynch.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:30 pm
Do you think marmot/lorab is a compelling pairing?
I wouldn't say compelling but they are compatible.

Not long after he's "orange at best". 'Kay.

~~~

Conclusion -- Clearly these two have interacted quite a lot in this game, and I think the results are a mixed bag. I noticed a few things that I liked, but I cannot claim they were strong points in Mac's favor. I also encountered things I didn't care for. I really don't know what was happening with that read at the end. He remains a tinfoil candidate.
I don't usually defend myself like this but fuck it I want to survive this game.

I think there is enough evidence to show I wasn't his teammate but tinfoil away scamp. I can't see anything pingy except my back and forth rainbow. I changed position on him because he's a good player and at times just sounded great tonally. Ultimately I voted for him twice. My vote was on him in a tie.

I'm a good enough scum player not to let my rainbow be that inconsistent on a teammate, particularly in a game in which I am clearly present and attentive.

If I am mafia in this game I would be meticulous because I have civ cred. I haven't been. My reads have shifted a ton. I have repeatedly forgotten whether I actually have a scum case on nutella or Kyle or if I am just conflating with MK. I haven't hidden my thoughts. I have at various times analysed every player I could. I am just trying in an honest manner.

All truths. Whether or not you choose to believe them. I am not mafia or 3p.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

And yep, I see why we trust Dyslexicon :nicenod:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

That could be, Mac, but you might deserve to be lynched anyway for quoting that entire post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

That actually convinced me Mac
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:50 pm That could be, Mac, but you might deserve to be lynched anyway for quoting that entire post.
I ain't clipping on my phone matus.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Can we just lynch Nova next day and hope for the best?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:53 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:50 pm That could be, Mac, but you might deserve to be lynched anyway for quoting that entire post.
Fine. :meany:

What do you think of the notion that LC knew both you and Marmot were civilians and was trying to set you up to look like an arse when easy-to-lynch Marmot flips civilian?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:54 pm Can we just lynch Nova next day and hope for the best?
He's my top pick right now and it isn't especially close.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con and DrWilgy

Long Con never mentioned Wilgy. He also never mentioned LoRab until he was forced to vote for her.

Welp, Wilgy never mentioned him either.

Still in the POE pool.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:55 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:53 pm
Fine. :meany:

What do you think of the notion that LC knew both you and Marmot were civilians and was trying to set you up to look like an arse when easy-to-lynch Marmot flips civilian?
I didn't feel like LC was very involved in most of the interactions I had with Marmot. If we lynch him and he civ flips I will look like an arse all on my own power.

Counterpoint what would you expect him to do if he found himself in a situation where both he and his only living scum partner were looking like toast? Distance, defend, bus? I think if that's the case he was damned if he does and damned if he doesn't so he would probably just defend and hope someone argues that it would be too obvious.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

FZ. wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:54 pm Can we just lynch Nova next day and hope for the best?
Mine too, it's just that it feels too easy. But hey, maybe it is :shrug:

@linki: I don't think it's Wilgy. I think he was a different quiet and lazy when he was bad last time I played with him. He actually apologized for being away and not contributing. Now it's like he doesn't give a damn
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What would he do if his teammate was hidden and looking civ credible? Distance, attack or ignore? I would ignore because people would look for clues. Probably just a few light prods.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:00 pm Counterpoint what would you expect him to do if he found himself in a situation where both he and his only living scum partner were looking like toast? Distance, defend, bus? I think if that's the case he was damned if he does and damned if he doesn't so he would probably just defend and hope someone argues that it would be too obvious.
Who knows. I was in a similar position in the Mountain game and elected to hard-bus. It worked temporarily. Hard defense wouldn't have. That doesn't mean he'd do what I did though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The reason I like NVN as a suspect is that the suspicion doesn't involve anything LC said or did, so it's free of his WIFOM generation. It's all on NVN himself for that bizarre voting behavior yesterday. The first one (voting Marmot to pull him within one vote of LC) looked like an oopsie that he struggled to clean up with vague assertions about Marmot.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

FZ. wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:01 pm

@linki: I don't think it's Wilgy. I think he was a different quiet and lazy when he was bad last time I played with him. He actually apologized for being away and not contributing. Now it's like he doesn't give a damn
Wilgy is the meta master. He tries different things every time he is mafia. You cannot use meta well on him. The best way to case him is to try to civ read him for his civilian efforts. If they are lacking then there is often a Mafia shirt under his button down.

If you put votes on town Wilgy he usually white flags. Mafia Wilgy usually pours gasoline everywhere and sets fire to the place.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Wilgy is the meta master. He tries different things every time he is mafia. You cannot use meta well on him. The best way to case him is to try to civ read him for his civilian efforts. If they are lacking then there is often a Mafia shirt under his button down.

If you put votes on town Wilgy he usually white flags. Mafia Wilgy usually pours gasoline everywhere and sets fire to the place.
You just gave him instructions for what to do in case we vote for him.
Anyway, I just don't see myself voting for him. My gut is telling me he's good
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:05 pm The reason I like NVN as a suspect is that the suspicion doesn't involve anything LC said or did, so it's free of his WIFOM generation. It's all on NVN himself for that bizarre voting behavior yesterday. The first one (voting Marmot to pull him within one vote of LC) looked like an oopsie that he struggled to clean up with vague assertions about Marmot.
Did LC or Lorab talk about him?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:10 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:05 pm The reason I like NVN as a suspect is that the suspicion doesn't involve anything LC said or did, so it's free of his WIFOM generation. It's all on NVN himself for that bizarre voting behavior yesterday. The first one (voting Marmot to pull him within one vote of LC) looked like an oopsie that he struggled to clean up with vague assertions about Marmot.
Did LC or Lorab talk about him?
On it next. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

FZ. wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:08 pm

You just gave him instructions for what to do in case we vote for him.
Anyway, I just don't see myself voting for him. My gut is telling me he's good
Maybe so but he already declared intent to do that anyway. Besides he is tangled up in a meta acting nightmare for the rest of time. I wouldn't ever really purport to read him either way. He is enigmatic. He should just be left alone for a few days and lynched in the mid game every time.

I would be lynching these players in order now.

Marmot
Nova
Wilgy
Daisy

After that I would hope to have more insight to reconstruct the list.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've got no reason to not want to lynch him, but what separates him so much from the rest of the pack?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:15 pm
I've got no reason to not want to lynch him, but what separates him so much from the rest of the pack?
He gave no reason to trust him, while the rest, when they post, feel better to me. But I might just be a sucker...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con and novaselinenever

Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:00 am The chance involves the night. Your generosity has to extend to lynching me tomorrow if you're not satisfied.

I'm voting NVN right now, because I don't believe a word she's saying. He? She?
Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:03 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 am I would also be willing to change my vote if you can change my mind/bring up a better alternative
NVN is the alternative that I'm most sure of. Maybe I'm not understanding their posts today, but I guarantee NVN has no info on me.
Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:18 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:13 am I don't actually know that trick. I can't recall ever seeing that trick.

Nobody reveal your Civ powers. :rolleyes:
What do you think of NVN if you make the following assumption:

He did not intend to actually claim information and instead worded his suspicion of you awkwardly because he isn't familiar with Syndicate jargon?
I would think he is trying to make shit up to push my easy lynch because that's how he thinks it goes? It was just vague enough.
Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:27 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:23 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:21 am I don't even know the issue here. We're not in lylo or mylo or whatever. Lynch me tomorrow if you're not satisfied.
This is the most bored plea I've ever seen.
Despair can look like boredom. It doesn't seem like anyone is willing to give me the benefit of the doubt just once. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to always be so participatory in this game.

Maybe just forget the proving thing. It's kind of sketchy at this point anyway, I haven't actually confirmed with the host that it's cool. Get me out of the way, and you'll probably be looking at NVN tomorrow, and we can still win.

There was no mention until LC's lynch was nigh, and he threw a bunch of mud at NVN over the perceived "info" thing. I don't care about any of this.

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:11 pm we're also going to have to figure out what to do with NVN sooner or later. He seems to be stretched pretty thin mafia-wise, and it doesn't appear that he's going to dump a load of content on us any time soon. His spot seems doomed to sit around in single-digit posts for this game. As the POE pool continues to shrink, his spot does not budge.
The only info I would have is that I think you guys are right about LC, but wrong about him. He reads Mafia and I don't see any case being made of him as Town
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:55 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:54 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:11 pm we're also going to have to figure out what to do with NVN sooner or later. He seems to be stretched pretty thin mafia-wise, and it doesn't appear that he's going to dump a load of content on us any time soon. His spot seems doomed to sit around in single-digit posts for this game. As the POE pool continues to shrink, his spot does not budge.
The only info I would have is that I think you guys are right about LC, but wrong about him. He reads Mafia and I don't see any case being made of him as Town
Eh?
lol wrong about me. I've my names in red/yellow in several rainbows
What is it about LC that you think looks like mafia?
His excuses of trying to catch up and then casting a vote to save himself at the end of the day. He made some post and was around for a bit before casting that vote. He also didn't question him or voice anything against him. It seems like he was just trying to throw excuses for his change of vote.
I also didn't get his whole 'didn't have a chance to investigate Lorab or others'. He's also been asking a lot of simple, which seems weird.
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm Do you have any other reads to share, novaselinenever? I'd even be happy if you could just go through the list of remaining players and give a simple "Good" or "Bad" read for each of them. Of course, any more detailed reads you might be able to shade would be superb as well.

Daisy Good
Dizzy Good
Epi Good
FZ Good
JJJ Good
Kyle Good
LC Mafia
Mac 2nd Mafia/3rd Party
Marmot 2nd Mafia/3rd Party
NVN Great
Nutella Good
Sloonei Good
Wilgy Good
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:33 am JaggedJimmyJay You've been flip flopping a lot between me and LC
Is that right? What do you think about that? :grin:
A Townie having doubts and not too sure who to vote.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:47 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:43 am I'd lynch several people before Nova at this point.
I'll await verification on the LC flip. If it goes according to plan, I'd lynch zero people before NVN.
If he flips scums, how does that make me scum ? Weren't I going after him until I figured something else ?
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:14 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:50 am Look at who is not on Long Con wagon. Nova and Marmot.

I feel like it would be a bit dumb to not be on his wagon.
I was on his wagon very early on and gave my reads on him. I wanted to go after Marmot, they were enough people going after LC already

This guy has no opinion on anything in the entire game until LC is in trouble for the majority of a day phase, and he hops right on with the attack with a tone of confidence despite his read being entirely vague. Then, when I moved my vote to Marmot to make the tally 4-2 LC-Marmot, he followed me right over and made it 4-3. None of this makes any sense; I don't buy it. I think it's more likely that in BTSC LC sensed his own danger and recommended to NVN that he come by and eviscerate him. He tried, and fumbled that vote as awkwardly as any vote can be fumbled, and at no point explained himself adequately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'm off to bed. Hope I'll still be alive when I wake up.

@linki: I'm hoping this is indeed a newbie baddie slip and not a civvie doing the mistakes we usually end up mistakenly lynching when we assume it's a baddie thing. Used to happen to often on this site.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con and DaveDaisy

Long Con appears to have never acknowledged the existence of this player slot in either of its bodies.

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 pm
*JJJ snips*

FZ.
Long Con

*JJJ snips*

I guess the only two left are FZ and LC. IT's kind of funny, I have the same problem with both of them. They seem to really be picking apart how people are wording things. It may be because I have been the one to have how I worded something picked apart. I put very little stock in it, because I think it's rarely an indication of anything. The difference between the two is FZ felt more sincere to me in how she was reading something into Kyle's posts on Day 1. I lean slight town on her. LC I pretty much felt no read on until his case on Speedchuck. Maybe my problem with LC is I don't get him very well, we rarely seem to think alike. When we do I find it reassuring. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not though lol.

Well there you go folks. All my thoughts. From both before I replaced in and up to the present.

I don't care much that she had LC in the green pile. The reasoning provided doesn't inspire me though. She was clear and concrete with her reason for placing FZ. in this tier. She thought FZ felt sincere in her handling of Kyle. She even felt FZ was more sincere than LC. They're the same color. There is no reason provided here whatsoever that LC is colored the same way she is. The case on speedchuck is cited, but not as an indicator in either direction, and that is immediately qualified with a "maybe my problem..." disclaimer. At face value this is an ugly moment for Daisy.

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:15 pm Alright, well I've been trying to keep up throughout the day while I was working. I took a nap when I got home and accidentally slept for three hours! :eep: I'm here now though, sorry guys. I'm going to try and post my thoughts about the people discussed today.

This day has been weird. Mac posted a request to read something about Marmot a while ago, I didn't at the time but I will go back and do that after I post here. Mainly because I don't quite understand why he is so sure of Marmot. I really haven't felt much of anything about Marmot. So maybe I'm missing something there. I'll post more on him once I read what Mac has said.

I would like to say I suspect Kyle, because everyone seems to think he and I are equally suspicious based on our actions, but I just don't. Everything Kyle says reads like sincere Kyle to me. Lorab's flip didn't change that. And the fact he isn't swung by self preservation just to say "It must be Daisy" either just makes me feel that much more like he is sincere and trying to find actual baddies.

I don't think Mac is bad, despite Marmot's no u. :shrugs:

This leaves me with LC. The thing I can't get past is Epi's case about the vote LC placed yesterday coupled with the fact Lorab didn't vote to save herself. I can't think of a single good reason not to vote to save yourself if you are in a lynch tied with a civ. No one would think less of someone who casts a self preservation vote. So why didn't she?

NVN, I don't know what to think of him. Nothing and then a bunch of posts in self defense. I didn't even think he (? correct me if I am wrong) was even actually playing. I was actually kind of worried the stuff in the early game had driven him off. I would say he would be a second suspect for me, the timing of the sudden activity combined with the voting shenanigans has me questioning. I still think I feel more confident in LC though. I mean if NVN were bad, he could have kept right on laying low and it would have taken a while for PoE to get to him. I don't know. LC is more suspicious to me.

I'm going to go ahead and put a vote on LC and then go back and look at Mac's case again.

*Votes LC*

Sloonei mentioned this earlier and I have similar concerns. This post seems to be a walkthrough of the thought process that eventually culminates in a LC vote, and I don't care for any of it until the last large paragraph. The bit about Marmot and Mac is pretty pointless. The bit about Kyle doesn't even reflect the reality of this game as far as I can tell. I don't know why she's drawn up this "Kyle/Daisy" dichotomy, because I haven't felt that way at any juncture. It's also a dubious reason to give Kyle credit. This stuff reads like someone who knows where their vote is going and is trying to manufacture the right image before getting to the point.

However, I am at least a little more pleased with what she said about NVN toward the end. The opportunity to pursue that line of attack more fervently was in place, whether she voted there or not, and she still focused her eye on LC. So that's a bit better.

~~~

Conclusion -- I think she belongs in the "tinfoil" category alongside the likes of Mac, meaning she shouldn't be a priority lynch. She is in the POE pool though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alright yeah i'd vote for NVN.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con and Marmot

Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:30 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:27 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:24 pm Hey, just got off work, and I'm 8 pages behind. I'll try to hang out here in the present a little while I catch up.
Things will be more interesting if you vote for me.
OK, I'll vote for Marmot, and we'll see if it's still there in an hour and a half.
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:36 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:35 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:34 pm no linki was given :(
Sometimes the linki giveth. Sometimes it taketh.
You outclassed me with the spoiler tags too. Maybe it's time to retire.

Typical WIFOM

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:36 am
why is "push Marmot" a viable scum strategy for Macdougall entering Day 3?

That's all of LC's responses to Mac's suspicion of Marmot. To me it reads more like LC has TMI on Marmot being a civilian and wants to make Mac look bad if Marmot gets lynched (indicating civilians on each end, with more capacity for Mac distancing than Marmot protecting). This isn't a slam dunk read so I can understand those who may disagree.

Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:23 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:07 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:00 pm Huh. Sudden burst of content from NVN heavily pushing an LC lynch. Very odd.

I'm feeling pretty confident in an LC lynch at the moment and voting accordingly.
Just clearing my name. Sloonei asked to hear from me, I delivered. But it's all I have so far.
For some reason I believe this. I'm gullible.
I feel similarly.

A follow-up from Long Con would help this read.

Not sure why LC is relevant to Marmot's read on NVN here.

Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:33 pm I think nova is mafia.

Long Con could be mafia.

But I've got a solid gut feeling that one of the more perceptive players in this game is the other mafia member. In that shortlist, I would include MacDougall, Jay, and Sloonei.

That's where I'm

Marmot preferred an NVN lynch and was vague in his agreement that LC "could" be mafia. He also threw some pretty baseless tinfoil into the thread. This isn't my favorite thing, though a failure to just annihilate a teammate LC at this point is a confusing move for anyone.

~~~

Conclusion -- I cannot find the confidence to remove him from the POE pool. He's not my first priority though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 74

Post by DrWilgy »

Or so.etimes I do the same things in a row as a certain alignment to set expectations for the sweeeeeeet victory it earns me after 6 losses.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 160

Post by Dyslexicon »

Herro.

So here's my realistic POE: Nova, Wilgy and Marmot - for mafia.
If we need to get rid of 3p, then who fucking knows.

Also, the road towards a town win might not be a straight line. There's a lot of unknowns still and I think town should still be on the lookout and not slack. I don't want a good position to turn into a situation where town snoozes and loses.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:20 pm Long Con and novaselinenever

Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:00 am The chance involves the night. Your generosity has to extend to lynching me tomorrow if you're not satisfied.

I'm voting NVN right now, because I don't believe a word she's saying. He? She?
Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:03 am
Kylemii wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:01 am I would also be willing to change my vote if you can change my mind/bring up a better alternative
NVN is the alternative that I'm most sure of. Maybe I'm not understanding their posts today, but I guarantee NVN has no info on me.
Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:18 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:13 am I don't actually know that trick. I can't recall ever seeing that trick.

Nobody reveal your Civ powers. :rolleyes:
What do you think of NVN if you make the following assumption:

He did not intend to actually claim information and instead worded his suspicion of you awkwardly because he isn't familiar with Syndicate jargon?
I would think he is trying to make shit up to push my easy lynch because that's how he thinks it goes? It was just vague enough.
Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:27 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:23 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:21 am I don't even know the issue here. We're not in lylo or mylo or whatever. Lynch me tomorrow if you're not satisfied.
This is the most bored plea I've ever seen.
Despair can look like boredom. It doesn't seem like anyone is willing to give me the benefit of the doubt just once. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to always be so participatory in this game.

Maybe just forget the proving thing. It's kind of sketchy at this point anyway, I haven't actually confirmed with the host that it's cool. Get me out of the way, and you'll probably be looking at NVN tomorrow, and we can still win.

There was no mention until LC's lynch was nigh, and he threw a bunch of mud at NVN over the perceived "info" thing. I don't care about any of this.

novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:55 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:54 pm
Epignosis wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:47 pm
Eh?
lol wrong about me. I've my names in red/yellow in several rainbows
What is it about LC that you think looks like mafia?
His excuses of trying to catch up and then casting a vote to save himself at the end of the day. He made some post and was around for a bit before casting that vote. He also didn't question him or voice anything against him. It seems like he was just trying to throw excuses for his change of vote.
I also didn't get his whole 'didn't have a chance to investigate Lorab or others'. He's also been asking a lot of simple, which seems weird.
novaselinenever wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:11 pm Do you have any other reads to share, novaselinenever? I'd even be happy if you could just go through the list of remaining players and give a simple "Good" or "Bad" read for each of them. Of course, any more detailed reads you might be able to shade would be superb as well.

Daisy Good
Dizzy Good
Epi Good
FZ Good
JJJ Good
Kyle Good
LC Mafia
Mac 2nd Mafia/3rd Party
Marmot 2nd Mafia/3rd Party
NVN Great
Nutella Good
Sloonei Good
Wilgy Good
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:34 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:33 am JaggedJimmyJay You've been flip flopping a lot between me and LC
Is that right? What do you think about that? :grin:
A Townie having doubts and not too sure who to vote.
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:47 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:43 am I'd lynch several people before Nova at this point.
I'll await verification on the LC flip. If it goes according to plan, I'd lynch zero people before NVN.
If he flips scums, how does that make me scum ? Weren't I going after him until I figured something else ?
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:14 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:50 am Look at who is not on Long Con wagon. Nova and Marmot.

I feel like it would be a bit dumb to not be on his wagon.
I was on his wagon very early on and gave my reads on him. I wanted to go after Marmot, they were enough people going after LC already

This guy has no opinion on anything in the entire game until LC is in trouble for the majority of a day phase, and he hops right on with the attack with a tone of confidence despite his read being entirely vague. Then, when I moved my vote to Marmot to make the tally 4-2 LC-Marmot, he followed me right over and made it 4-3. None of this makes any sense; I don't buy it. I think it's more likely that in BTSC LC sensed his own danger and recommended to NVN that he come by and eviscerate him. He tried, and fumbled that vote as awkwardly as any vote can be fumbled, and at no point explained himself adequately.
If you are right, this is the worst scum performance I have ever seen bar none. Sorry scummers but I calls it as I sees it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Best reasons to read each player as a civilian, colored by the strength of the statement.

DaveDaisy

~ After being clearly upset about the way her previous body was mislynched, Daisy returned to the game with a fire lit under her ass and pursued her convictions loudly.
~ She has been willing to change her mind when the progression of the game has dictated that without hanging on too tightly to dubious threads.
~ She conveys an earnest tone which suits her previous form, at least the four posts available to us.

DrWilgy

~ He was essentially ignored by both confirmed mafia members. One might expect them to poke or prod him to life at least once.
~ He gives no impression that he is concerned with the state of the game or with being lynched by process of elimination.

Dyslexicon

~ They were an early critic of LoRab, and in her response to that criticism she seemed to be trying to convince someone of her innocence more than simply trading barbs.
~ When they've been available to play, they have provided a consistently thorough effort.

Epignosis

~ LoRab was eager to lynch him on Day 1 and didn't budge from that perspective through Night 1 when Epignosis was being painted as a dead man walking.
~ Long Con interacted with him very little early in the game while he and I were fist-fighting, suggesting that he was enjoying a civilian vs. civilian powder keg being in the room.

FZ.

~ She made it a personal crusade to see LC lynched and did not budge from that at any juncture. LC's handling of that pressure was much like LoRab's handling of Dizzy.
~ She provides a good effort when she is available to play and conveys an earnest tone.

JaggedJimmyJay

~ It's gotta be that beautiful, tight butt.

Kylemii

~ Long Con danced around his read on Kyle early relative to the fake tell in such a way that it looked like he was capitalizing on thread progression and smearing.
~ His effort has been decent and he has been present frequently.
~ He conveys an earnest tone.

MacDougall

~ He was the first to calm the environment of the thread in Night 1 with unique analytic effort, drawing possible team connections.
~ This is the best effort he has given in a game in recent memory.

Marmot

~ Long Con treated him like he was an easy-button mislynch when Mac interrogated him, suggesting TMI.
~ He sounded rather genuine in response to being suspected early in the game (before Mac's attacks became more frequent).

novaselinenever

~ He might be an information-carrying role who misunderstood the rules.
~ He's the most obvious option and it's rarely this easy.

nutella

~ On Day 2 she was all over the place with her vote, a literal expression of this emoji: :omg:. After freaking out with indecision she ended up on LoRab, and she didn't have to.
~ She has conveyed an earnest tone.

Sloonei

~ He was an eager driver of the LoRab lynch and contributor to the Long Con lynch.
~ He has over 400 posts.
~ He hasn't stopped hunting despite being heavily suspected at numerous junctures of play.

This exploration doesn't change my POE. It does however give me a reason to double-check nutella's interactions with the mafia, because that point about her LoRab vote used to be stronger before it came to be known that the counterwagon was also a mafioso.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:36 pm

Or so.etimes I do the same things in a row as a certain alignment to set expectations for the sweeeeeeet victory it earns me after 6 losses.
You sure do
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jimmy can you make one of my points darker green please. Thanks.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 74

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:06 pm Jimmy can you make one of my points darker green please. Thanks.
Me too!!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall

~ He was the first to calm the environment of the thread in Night 1 with unique analytic effort, drawing possible team connections.
~ This is the best effort he has given in a game in recent memory.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:59 pm~ His effort has been decent and he has been present frequently.
is this like the mafia version of "a pleasure to have in class"?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Seriously though Mac, I think we're in a pretty similar place with regard to the POE pool. The order might not be identical, but whatever.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:01 pm Seriously though Mac, I think we're in a pretty similar place with regard to the POE pool. The order might not be identical, but whatever.
Yes failing a brilliant game by a random who has somehow earned buckets of civ cred ... I REEEALLLY hope we haven't got a situation where one of the main players has hard bussed their teammates and looked clean as a whistle in the process but can't rule it out.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”