Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Fiddler on the Roof Mafia

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:47 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:32 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:44 pm You mentioned you have a mafia read on me because I appear to be playing a different game to everyone else. Does that mean you have a Mafia read on yourself given the lion's share of everyone else have a civ read of me?
Can you walk me through why I would make that jump in logic?
I thought it was obvious that I was having a go at you for being a hypocrite.
I was picking up what you're laying down.

Except for the part where it doesn't really matter to me what "everyone else" has to say about you. I never particularly cared for general consensus.
So we agree you are scum reading me for something you are exhibiting in this game? That is to say that you find your own behaviour scummy?
No we do not agree on that.

I see your behavior. I find it suspicious.

I have my behavior. They are different. I am not doing the same thing as you. If I was, wouldn't the lion's share of everyone else have a civ read on me too?

So no I do not find my behavior scummy. I don't pay heed to my behavior. That's everyone else's job.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Spacedaisy »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:44 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 pm @MacDougall Seems like a piss poor strategy to me, but whatever you want to think you go ahead. But to be clear, I have never shied away from bussing teammates in the past.
Making actions so you can point at them later to gain civ cred is a piss poor strategy?

Guess that makes me a piss poor Mafia player then.
Seems like it would make way more sense to do something likely to buy you some civ cred than to take an action you have to explain and defend. Taking the clearly civ looking path makes more sense to me as a baddie than taking a weak move and taking the fall out just in order to say, "but if I was bad I wouldn't have done that!" But maybe that's just the way I play. Also, don't make it personal man, I wasn't saying anything about your gameplay. The piss poor comment was because if I was bad and had bussed her, I wouldn't likely be in the orange for people who previously were coloring me green. If that was my strategy it sure as hell seems to not be a very good one. That's all I meant.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 pm Why Marmot is Mafia:

He has one player he would lynch right now and it's a player nobody else finds bad
He has made a minimal case against said player
The content of that case is that said player (me) is behaving in exactly the same way he is

You're clearly not genuinely trying to solve the game. You're bad.
The problem with making cases without quotes or links is that everything is written out of context and painted a most dreadful color of scum. That's what you've done here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 321

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:44 pm You mentioned you have a mafia read on me because I appear to be playing a different game to everyone else. Does that mean you have a Mafia read on yourself given the lion's share of everyone else have a civ read of me?

Except for the part where it doesn't really matter to me what "everyone else" has to say about you. I never particularly cared for general consensus.
So we agree you are scum reading me for something you are exhibiting in this game? That is to say that you find your own behaviour scummy?
No we do not agree on that.

I see your behavior. I find it suspicious.

I have my behavior. They are different. I am not doing the same thing as you. If I was, wouldn't the lion's share of everyone else have a civ read on me too?

So no I do not find my behavior scummy. I don't pay heed to my behavior. That's everyone else's job.
You're not trying. You don't find me suspicious. If you found me suspicious you would have tried harder to rally against me. You're just swatting away my accusations. Your suspicion against me is to softly discredit me enough that people will see my read on you as a no u and ignore it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:54 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 pm Why Marmot is Mafia:

He has one player he would lynch right now and it's a player nobody else finds bad
He has made a minimal case against said player
The content of that case is that said player (me) is behaving in exactly the same way he is

You're clearly not genuinely trying to solve the game. You're bad.
The problem with making cases without quotes or links is that everything is written out of context and painted a most dreadful color of scum. That's what you've done here.
I disagree. I find it really helpful when players summarise their reads.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

My impression from Jay's intereractions with lorab before death tend toward an earnest attempt to feel her out. He did an entire ISO on her as well as half an ISO on LC due to time constraints. The mafia Jay I've met is not afraid to bus teammates or do ISO's on them ending in negative views. I would like to review how that manifested in pirates mafia.

GTH jay good
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 pm @MacDougall Seems like a piss poor strategy to me, but whatever you want to think you go ahead. But to be clear, I have never shied away from bussing teammates in the past.
Making actions so you can point at them later to gain civ cred is a piss poor strategy?

Seems like it would make way more sense to do something likely to buy you some civ cred than to take an action you have to explain and defend. Taking the clearly civ looking path makes more sense to me as a baddie than taking a weak move and taking the fall out just in order to say, "but if I was bad I wouldn't have done that!" But maybe that's just the way I play. Also, don't make it personal man, I wasn't saying anything about your gameplay. The piss poor comment was because if I was bad and had bussed her, I wouldn't likely be in the orange for people who previously were coloring me green. If that was my strategy it sure as hell seems to not be a very good one. That's all I meant.
Everything you said is wifom. That's the argument for why your action is capable of being a scum action. It's wifom. And as such needs to be completely ignored.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:36 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:33 pm Epignosis every time you suspect me in a game it feels like I'm being graded on an English paper I did last minute. :p

"this sentence is completely illegible" "that word has another definition entirely in this context"
This time you are being graded for your drunkenness by a bona fide wino extraordinaire.
implying i never done an english assignment while intoxicated :p
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:58 pm i never done
ah fuck
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:55 pm
You're not trying. You don't find me suspicious. If you found me suspicious you would have tried harder to rally against me.
I don't think I'd do that. I can't put in a solid effort every single day.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have been your primary scum read for several days and you haven't tried to push anyone to vote for me yet even a little bit.

Civilian win con = lynch all the Mafia players.

You said you can't put in a solid effort every single day. On what day can I expect the effort? Today? Lylo?

Need I remind you that your read on me exists because I provoked you. You've yet to really go after anyone that didn't initiate the conflict with you first with any kind of vigour.

You are not trying to solve the game. The roof is something that you do not care for Mister Marmot.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Spacedaisy »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:56 pm

Everything you said is wifom. That's the argument for why your action is capable of being a scum action. It's wifom. And as such needs to be completely ignored.
I'm fine with that. It's not like this is the only thing I've said regarding yesterday. So disregard those two sentences out of my entire post all you like. I don't give two shits man.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:08 am

I'm fine with that. It's not like this is the only thing I've said regarding yesterday. So disregard those two sentences out of my entire post all you like. I don't give two shits man.
Cool as.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Can someone not named Jay read my points on Marmot and offer feedback? I know Jay will say something like "I understand why you feel that way but I'm just not feeling it" so I don't need to ask.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:06 am Need I remind you that your read on me exists because I provoked you. You've yet to really go after anyone that didn't initiate the conflict with you first with any kind of vigour.
That sounds about right.

I don't particularly enjoy post-analysis. So I often base my reads on live interactions. That means asking questions and doing things that will help create these interactions. If players don't want to talk to or about me, I'm less likely to pay attention to them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 514
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think it's a strategic mistake to ignore something just because it's WIFOM. I have seen way too many legitimate arguments discarded as WIFOM throughout my Mafia days, and even if the core difficulty of WIFOM is technically true, that mindset fails to get at the real utilities of a decision between alignments.

This is a general comment for this game and all others.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:13 am

I think it's a strategic mistake to ignore something just because it's WIFOM. I have seen way too many legitimate arguments discarded as WIFOM throughout my Mafia days, and even if the core difficulty of WIFOM is technically true, that mindset fails to get at the real utilities of a decision between alignments.

This is a general comment for this game and all others.
I was going to say something similar to this to correct myself tbh. The action itself that is wifom needs to be overlooked but the tone, context and timing of the action are most definitely worth consideration at all times.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm Yes, because I was lynched early in each of my last two games and you contributed to both of them. :meany:
I did. Am I mafia in this game though?
I don't want to lynch you today, no. I disagree with Epignosis's posts leading up to the linked one, especially the part where he says that you talking will help expose your teammates more. This is true of any player, but I would gander it's less true of you than most players. Not that you wouldn't talk about your teammates, but that it'd be harder to for anyone to read those connections.

That, and if you're mafia, Epignosis must certainly acknowledge that you'd have a decent shot at talking your way out of a lynch later. :grin:

I'm much more interested in lynching him.
I'm a bit confused by this moment, Marmot. You didn't want to lynch me because you disagreed with Epi's rationale about when I should be lynched. What does that have to do with whether I am aligned with the mafia?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:12 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:06 am Need I remind you that your read on me exists because I provoked you. You've yet to really go after anyone that didn't initiate the conflict with you first with any kind of vigour.
That sounds about right.

I don't particularly enjoy post-analysis. So I often base my reads on live interactions. That means asking questions and doing things that will help create these interactions. If players don't want to talk to or about me, I'm less likely to pay attention to them.
I don't either and I am similar to you in that hence why I go after people on hunches so much.

That being said, I go after people. I don't just wait for them to attack me then defend myself by claiming Mafia reads on them. Otherwise you're basically saying that if Mafia just buddy you, you'll never catch one?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:38 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:19 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:36 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:35 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:54 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:52 pm I disagree with Sloonei on sooooooo much. More on that later I guess. =p
Let's end him.
Do you still feel this way?

I can't see how Sloonei is Mafia. His read on Lorab was killer and not in the wishy washy way that scum bus people.
I have an agenda that is not entirely related to this game of mafia.
Fair enough. If you could lynch any two players in the game right now who would they be?
You and somebody on the quieter side of things.

Epignosis is civilian. Jay is loud. Sloonei is the bee's knees.

Having not spent much time looking at the other players in the game, I'm not sure who else it would be. I still don't think nutella is mafia. I at one point thought Wilgy was civilian. I don't know if that still holds true. I am uncertain about the rest of the players.
Look man, either come at me with vigour and sell me that you are trying to win the game for the civ cause or point the finger at someone else and create another one of these live interactions that you require in order to scum hunt.

Jimmy does this not qualify as player salad?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

As it stands I will be voting Marmot at dawn and my vote will be staying there until such times as I see anything resembling a civilian in him.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A comment about the dialogue between Mac and Spacedaisy:

I don't think most mafia members are inclined to make plays which they are later forced to point to in their own defense. Civilians are hardly ever receptive to "I wouldn't do X as mafia" arguments, even when they should be, and I'm not sure what mafia members would anticipate getting much of any credit from that methodology. Instead I think it's better to judge the accuracy of Daisy's assertion about how she voted and would have voted if evil:
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:18 pm If I was a team with Lorab why would I not just either bus her or cast a vote to save her? How does voting off accomplish anything?
I think this is a question of personality more than a question of utility. There is a reason a mafia member might do that: to be relieved of culpability in any discussion of either a save or a bus. Instead the attack must be "sidelined a vote", which could be perceived as a less inspired accusation and one which would be more easily evaded. However, I don't think everyone would be into that methodology -- I wouldn't. A more assertive mafia-aligned player is probably going to either save LoRab or bus LoRab, and I do think that Spacedaisy is the assertive sort.

I think her point is reasonable.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:17 am
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:16 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:08 pm
Marmot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm Yes, because I was lynched early in each of my last two games and you contributed to both of them. :meany:
I did. Am I mafia in this game though?
I don't want to lynch you today, no. I disagree with Epignosis's posts leading up to the linked one, especially the part where he says that you talking will help expose your teammates more. This is true of any player, but I would gander it's less true of you than most players. Not that you wouldn't talk about your teammates, but that it'd be harder to for anyone to read those connections.

That, and if you're mafia, Epignosis must certainly acknowledge that you'd have a decent shot at talking your way out of a lynch later. :grin:

I'm much more interested in lynching him.
I'm a bit confused by this moment, Marmot. You didn't want to lynch me because you disagreed with Epi's rationale about when I should be lynched. What does that have to do with whether I am aligned with the mafia?
It didn't really matter to me whether you were aligned to mafia or not. It mattered to me what he thought.

If he was sincere in his belief that you were mafia, I didn't think it made sense for him to wait to lynch you.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:22 am
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:38 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:19 pm Fair enough. If you could lynch any two players in the game right now who would they be?
You and somebody on the quieter side of things.

Epignosis is civilian. Jay is loud. Sloonei is the bee's knees.

Having not spent much time looking at the other players in the game, I'm not sure who else it would be. I still don't think nutella is mafia. I at one point thought Wilgy was civilian. I don't know if that still holds true. I am uncertain about the rest of the players.
Look man, either come at me with vigour and sell me that you are trying to win the game for the civ cause or point the finger at someone else and create another one of these live interactions that you require in order to scum hunt.

Jimmy does this not qualify as player salad?
It could probably qualify. You asked for two players to lynch and he provided you with five names -- none of whom were named as suspects or lynch options. It's babble.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:24 am A comment about the dialogue between Mac and Spacedaisy:

I don't think most mafia members are inclined to make plays which they are later forced to point to in their own defense. Civilians are hardly ever receptive to "I wouldn't do X as mafia" arguments, even when they should be, and I'm not sure what mafia members would anticipate getting much of any credit from that methodology. Instead I think it's better to judge the accuracy of Daisy's assertion about how she voted and would have voted if evil:
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:18 pm If I was a team with Lorab why would I not just either bus her or cast a vote to save her? How does voting off accomplish anything?
I think this is a question of personality more than a question of utility. There is a reason a mafia member might do that: to be relieved of culpability in any discussion of either a save or a bus. Instead the attack must be "sidelined a vote", which could be perceived as a less inspired accusation and one which would be more easily evaded. However, I don't think everyone would be into that methodology -- I wouldn't. A more assertive mafia-aligned player is probably going to either save LoRab or bus LoRab, and I do think that Spacedaisy is the assertive sort.

I think her point is reasonable.
If I was in that situation it would have to do with how present I was in the game. A sideline vote for me is the safe option. If I was able to remain present and build some authenticity around the action I would do as you say.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marmot, why do you suspect MacDougall?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 95
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

Night 2 - Dance-Off, Bro

Success! The first of our enemies has been struck down by the wrath of God, working through our beloved Rabbi. But there is still much work to be done. Still, it's not everyday a murderer gets put through a wall in Anatevka. There was only one place to celebrate - Mordcha's inn.

We celebrated with a round of drinks and (strictly male) dancing, to the delight of all present. Just then, the young Russian men who had been sitting at a nearby table rose and walked up to us. Within moments the dance battle ensued. It raged for who knows how long. We did not then know that a killer lurked among them, for after a particularly impressive sequence a knife flew from their group towards us.

"To life!" Speedchuck exclaimed as he went to take another drink. Just then the knife flew into his throat. We decided to call the dance battle a draw, for such things as murder can make it much harder to judge who won. We knew it would have been us anyway.

Speedchuck has been killed. It is now Day 3. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DFaraday »

A message from Avram:

Hey nice job. I think it's worth looking into the possibility of that poll being a two-way tie between mafia partners. LoRab and LC both seemed to want to push for Epignosis and didn't offer much criticism of each other. It helps that I think everyone on that Long Con wagon is circumcised.

If there's time, the Daisy lynch train could also be revealing, but given the events of Day 2 we probably have better avenues to pursue this phase. It's probably more prudent to focus on yesterday's lynch and develop reads from there. Kyle and Long Con seem like good places to start. Novaselinenever is a wild card. Rule nobody out, but don't get caught up in paranoia. This is a good spot to be in.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:59 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:58 pm i never done
ah fuck
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: This is so fantastic. Shouldn't have been drinking on those English assignments, I'd say.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Voted Kyle. I'm back where I started.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DFaraday wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:40 am A message from Avram:
LoRab and LC both seemed to want to push for Epignosis and didn't offer much criticism of each other.
That isn't accurate. I never wanted to push for Epignosis, I voted him for maybe two minutes when I thought it was the best chance to save my life. I had said nothing about Lorab because she hadn't really gotten involved with the game that much, it wasn't some kind of teammate-avoidance strategy.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:48 am
LoRab and LC both seemed to want to push for Epignosis and didn't offer much criticism of each other.
That isn't accurate. I never wanted to push for Epignosis, I voted him for maybe two minutes when I thought it was the best chance to save my life. I had said nothing about Lorab because she hadn't really gotten involved with the game that much, it wasn't some kind of teammate-avoidance strategy.
who should we lynch today?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

space daisy iso, the main point against her here is that she didn't give a stance on lorab early on and later voted separate from either bandwagon to maintain a tie while having limited involvement in the final hours due to social obligations.. which are... basically the exact same things I'm being looked at for lol.

I find her defenses relatable for that reason. Her big defense post earlier was almost just a much better worded version of my own defenses. I understand why she might not have had a solid read on LR yet because I also didn't have one yet. I also buy that she would probably save a teammate lorab given the opportunity. Lorab is an OG Lostpedian and opportunities to play with her now are seemingly rare. I would be surprised if that wouldn't have influenced SD's choice last night in a scenario of choosing whether to spare a teammate or not.

gth gooddaisy
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

rip speedchuck

isoing locon next, then I guess marmot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:50 am
Why shouldn't it be Macdougall?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:55 am
why should it be Macdougall? I sense a lot of effort and focus coming from him this game. I don't want to lynch that player right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Town read on Daisy for her entrance to the thread tonight. Lesser town read on Marmot for his dialogue with Mac.

Speedchuck's death is a good look for Dyslexicon. She maintained a tinfoil suspicion on chuck (who played an excellent game, btw) through the night. I don't see any reason for a mafia Dizzy to push that angle at all in her nightwork.

Speedchuck's death is also a bad look for the people who pursued his lynch yesterday, I think. It suggests that he was a primary target for the scum team, and we know at least one of them (LoRab) sought to capitalize on a moment in which a case could be built against him for a lynch. How boldly the baddie team would pursue this strategy on Day 2 is the critical question in this theory.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, right now it looks like he's shoehorning Marmot into lynch position for dubious reasons.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:07 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:55 am
why should it be Macdougall? I sense a lot of effort and focus coming from him this game. I don't want to lynch that player right now.
A shitty lynch you say?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:14 am Well, right now it looks like he's shoehorning Marmot into lynch position for dubious reasons.
Do you read Marmot as town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Marmot wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:14 am A shitty lynch you say?

I did not say those words, no.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Can anyone make an argument for Kyle to be town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:15 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:14 am Well, right now it looks like he's shoehorning Marmot into lynch position for dubious reasons.
GTH yes. I haven't been pinged by him. Lazy play, despite what Macdougall is saying, isn't much of a baddie tell for Marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I still can't get over the wrong tab issue.

Lorab had three votes. So did you, Long Con.

Lorab had voted for me. Then you voted for me, making it a temporary three-way tie.

At no point did I have more than two votes, so the "wrong tab I was only saving myself" sounds like horseshit to me.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

If you meant to save yourself and that was all, you would have gone with Lorab from the beginning.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

New rainbow:
Epignosis
Macdougall
JaggedJimmyJay
nutella
Dyslexicon

FZ.
Spacedavey
Drwilgy
Marmot

novaselinenever
Kylemii
Long Con

No completely ready to say I've got a 3-person POE. The lowest tier of town reads have not done enough to be completely ruled out, and I could still tinfoil a case on a few of my darker greens, but I feel almost pretty good that the bottom three holds our remaining baddies. LoRab's post history reveals no clear trail back to any partners, but it does paint Epi in a very favorable light. I also think she may have been trying to buddy nutella a little bit.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

long con did not mention lorab before his vote on her, cited as a vote to save himself

I think I'm gonna come back for marmot, I want to iso lorab first
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:19 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:15 am
GTH yes. I haven't been pinged by him. Lazy play, despite what Macdougall is saying, isn't much of a baddie tell for Marmot.
Can you tell me more about why Macdougall is scum? Is it based entirely on his recent treatment of the marmot?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:18 am Can anyone make an argument for Kyle to be town?
yes :/

Return to “Previous Side Missions”