Re: Fiddler on the Roof Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Daisy, please talk about your transition from this:
Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:27 am
Spoiler: show
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:26 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:23 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:19 pm The most pressing question emerging from this then would be: Epignosis, why won't you be voting for me today?
Because you're a shitty Day 1 lynch.
Why?
Now you're just fishing for compliments. :evileye:
Because if you are good, then that's an active, vocal, passionate mafia-hunter gone, one who didn't even get a real chance to catch anybody.
And if you are bad, then that's an active, vocal, passionate mafia member who will be interacting thoroughly with his teammates. :)

This ^ is not a baddie mind set. If Epi is bad why this?
To this:
Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 pm Daisy 2.0
Kyle
Mac
Wilgy
Dyslexicon

FZ.
Long Con

Lorab
Marmot
NVN

Sloonei
Speed
Nutella

Epi
Jay
I am already aware of your mega-tinfoil thing that Epignosis and I are both Mafia. Are you saying then that you believed so strongly in this tinfoil that it negated your prior question?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 272
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 pm Kyle, you're all about the proximity analysis but the majority of your recent posts are analyzing yourself and defending yourself. What are you about, m8?
I've been dealing with a mild hangover this morning so I'm kinda chilling in the dark rn. that combined with the burglary has left me without the time or energy to do ISO's yet. I plan to start with you, LC, Spacedaisy 2.0, and maybe some other Long Con voters. do you have any other suggestions?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 514
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:01 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:42 pm Kyle, you're all about the proximity analysis but the majority of your recent posts are analyzing yourself and defending yourself. What are you about, m8?
I've been dealing with a mild hangover this morning so I'm kinda chilling in the dark rn. that combined with the burglary has left me without the time or energy to do ISO's yet. I plan to start with you, LC, Spacedaisy 2.0, and maybe some other Long Con voters. do you have any other suggestions?
That's a fair start. Do your thing.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LoRab and Davedaisy

It appears LoRab did not mention this player slot except to welcome Daisy back.

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:30 am You know you're invested in a game when you have to be up in five hours but you just can't help but answer one more post... lol
speedchuck wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:00 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:56 am That is one thing you and I can agree on, but more on that when I post the coherent version of my thoughts later. First let's hear some conversation in here and it better be more than conversation about freaking Kyle or people just saying Epi is a foregone conclusion. That's just about as lame as my lynch was. Even if he is lynched, don't sit there and twiddle your thumbs and say, aren't we all just voting Epi?
Since you've had a 24-hour period of just being able to ruminate without posting, I have a request of you. I'm going to put some pairings below. Make the assumption, in each pairing, that one is scum and one is not. Then tell me which one you'd shoot.

Epi vs Jay
Epi vs Sloonei
Dizzy vs FZ
LoRab vs Marmot

Feel free to throw one out if you have no thoughts on it, or throw another pair in.
Jay
Ugh can I say both on Epi and Sloonei? GTH, I'm going with Epi.
And these last two are harder to choose because I have so little read on one or both...
I would say FZ. Based on the fact I am reading Dyslexicon as one of four hard town reads right now
And I don't know, maybe Lorab? No real read on either of them other than Marmot seemed genuinely frustrated when he thought he was being lynched. But baddies can be frustrated too.

I have a question for @MacDougall please. Why did you talk like you wanted to stop my lynch but not put any actions behind it? You just sat with your vote on me.

Daisy said she'd shoot LoRab over Marmot, but voiced little confidence in the matter. I don't fault her here, as her perspective wasn't that different from my own -- Marmot did have minimal civilian credit and LoRab had none.

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 pm Thoughts on some of my yellows and oranges. Lorab, I guess I don't know why it is others are pinged by there, so I would welcome someone to share it with me. I don't have a read on either her or Marmot. I mean I could gut read Marmot a little higher, but I'm afraid it would be based on his emotional appeals and last time I went with that I lost the game for the civs in Phenon. NVN, nothing to base a read on. If this were a GTH I would say bad but only as a kind of default settting. I would love to hear more from him.

Daisy didn't make a priority of getting a read on LoRab. She had more to say about pretty much every other player. I note that she was similarly lacking in any read on novaselinenever, but was willing to default to a "bad" GTH read in his case.

Spacedaisy wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:39 pm I'm voting for LoRab
Interesting, why Lorab?

Interesting, why interesting?

~~~

Conclusion: it's not the best look on the surface, though I'm honestly not feeling it that much. A teammate relationship wouldn't be shocking. Gun to my head I say that there isn't one.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 321

Post by MacDougall »

Back at my desk so I am keyboard empowered Mac again.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Exploring Kyle.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:51 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:48 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:47 am @y'all: what do you think of LoRab right now?
Lukewarm suspicion. What's her biggest offense?
Our exchange began with her stating a gripe against the nutella bandwagon. I asked her to investigate it. She did. The reads she produced were that Epignosis was suspicious regardless of how he looked in the nutella wagon, and that speedchuck was suspicious simply for being there and for dipping his toes in a lot of bandwagons. She made absolutely no comment on you, despite you also throwing your vote all over the place like speedchuck. I don't buy that these are sincere suspicions.
Holy fuck this was a spicy hot take. Well done.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

On analysis I think Kyle's drunk EOD looks pretty bad. Given I am a known drunkard I have good insight here.
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:56 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:55 am
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:53 am I moved to nutella for the moment, I'm not 100% certain I want to stay there but my gut just got thrown for a loop and her moving to Jay is concerning to me.
I recommend looking at LoRab quickly if you have time.
Tell me about lorab
This was a drunk Kyle exhibiting what is referred to as dutch courage.

He ultimately voted for Daisy on his own. I wouldn't be surprised if his drunk mind thought he was doing a great job distancing them both with this passage.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Drunk analysis? Did someone say Epignosis?
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:53 am I moved to nutella for the moment, I'm not 100% certain I want to stay there but my gut just got thrown for a loop and her moving to Jay is concerning to me.
Tell me about lorab
11:56. Buzzed.
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:01 am Elplz eevator pitch me on lorab vrs locon go
12:01. Shitfaced.

I don't know a single drunk this incoherent. I am drunk right now.

Maybe. :mafia:
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:04 am voted daisy to preserve the tie, I'm okay with letting the rabbi choose
12:04. Had a quick shower and a cup of coffee.
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:53 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:01 am Elplz eevator pitch me on lorab vrs locon go
what the fuck
12:53 am pm

"What the hell did I do last night?"

I have a little experience here.

If you're shitfaced, you stay shitfaced for more than a ten minute window.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[quote=MacDougall post_id=396893 time=1516342655 user_id=441]
Group 1 - Give the most credence to these reads.

Speed
Sloonei
Epi
JJJ

nutella
Kylemii

Group 2 - Give some credence to these reads.

FZ
Long Con
Dyslexicon
Spacedaisy
Dr Wilgy
Marmot

Group 3 - Pay no mind sunshine.

Novaselinenever

Update in case I die. While there is little to go by with Nova, there is nothing positive. I would advise just lynching him and being happy with it should there be a lack of consensus towards end of day.

Otherwise, should I be around, I will be looking further into Kyle and further tormenting Marmot to see what falls out.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:11 pm Drunk analysis? Did someone say Epignosis?
Tell me about lorab

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:04 am voted daisy to preserve the tie, I'm okay with letting the rabbi choose
what the fuck

:bighug:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:11 pm Drunk analysis? Did someone say Epignosis?
Tell me about lorab

what the fuck

You can't have your bean dip and eat it too.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:54 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:52 pm I disagree with Sloonei on sooooooo much. More on that later I guess. =p
Let's end him.
Do you still feel this way?

I can't see how Sloonei is Mafia. His read on Lorab was killer and not in the wishy washy way that scum bus people.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:35 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:52 pm I disagree with Sloonei on sooooooo much. More on that later I guess. =p
Let's end him.

I can't see how Sloonei is Mafia. His read on Lorab was killer and not in the wishy washy way that scum bus people.
I have an agenda that is not entirely related to this game of mafia.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

LoRab and Kylemii

LoRab wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:04 am Eek! I'm here!!!! Went to bed before first post was up last night and then one of those days where I didn't actually have time to check in. I need to get used to scheduling games into my day again!! I'm totally distracted tonight by life, so unsure about thread goings on. I need to reread to figure out what I think about Kyle, J, Epi, etc. I should be around a bunch tomorrow.

And totally appreciating all of the thread jewiness, btw! Shalom, y'all!

Honored inclusion in the player salad.

LoRab wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:56 pm OK....I'm not seeing 3J as bad--I'm seeing his typical civ game. I'm also not seeing Kyle as bad--his reaction rings true with what I remember his reaction being in general when accused in any way--I'm null on him. I could see Epi being bad (despite his use of Hebrew in a post, and almost spelling it correctly except for the stray vowel)--while I've seen him go after people for no reason (often me) in games, and have seen him drop seeds to see what grows, I've also seen him as mafia pretend to do this--pretty much what he's claimed 3J has done. Perhaps my lens is colored by the fact that I'm reading 3J as civ, and considering that mafia are going to try for lynching civs, particularly in a 1 baddie team game.

LoRab read Kyle as "not seeing him as bad" and also "null" in the same sentence. That's awkward.

LoRab wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 pm
Kylemii wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 pm
LoRab wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:56 pm--his reaction rings true with what I remember his reaction being in general when accused in any way--
i haven't improved at all since then, have i :(
Haven't played with you enough to know, lol. But it's not a bad thing that you react that way. It's just who you are.

Neutral chatter. There are some other mentions I didn't include that have already been discussed featuring LoRab's gripes about speedchuck's participation in a Kyle bandwagon.

Kyle reads LoRab GTH good. This read exists, I don't know what inspired it.

Ambivalent in a later reads list. Meh.

Tell me about lorab

You tell me, bub. After this came the one "drunken" post asking for LoRab and LC cases.

~~~

At this point it's evident that LoRab gave conclusive reads on nearly nobody. Kyle didn't do anything with her either. The two reads provided are in conflict, and I don't really know where Kyle stood. This one feels like the Daisy interaction to me in that it is plausible, but it doesn't give me much feeling.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:36 pm
Let's end him.

Fair enough. If you could lynch any two players in the game right now who would they be?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:19 pm
Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:36 pm
Let's end him.

Fair enough. If you could lynch any two players in the game right now who would they be?
You and somebody on the quieter side of things.

Epignosis is civilian. Jay is loud. Sloonei is the bee's knees.

Having not spent much time looking at the other players in the game, I'm not sure who else it would be. I still don't think nutella is mafia. I at one point thought Wilgy was civilian. I don't know if that still holds true. I am uncertain about the rest of the players.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You mentioned you have a mafia read on me because I appear to be playing a different game to everyone else. Does that mean you have a Mafia read on yourself given the lion's share of everyone else have a civ read of me?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Tell me about lorab

what the fuck

ok first of all all that stuff took place at like 8:30pm for me :p

second of all, there were fewer typos after the deadline cus there was no longer a time crunch and I could take as long as I wanted to make posts and ask questions. elplz eevator post was apparently my phone's best attempt at guessing what my fingers were saying when I was trying to type "plz elevator". I wasn't concerned about proofreading, I was concerned about comprehending the cases against lorabs, longcon as quickly as possible in order to make the best decision.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You were coherent then.

What were you trying to say exactly?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:15 pm You were coherent then.

coherent when?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 94

Post by Spacedaisy »

This game is one of the most frustrating I have played in recent memory. I apologize for not being back in here sooner, I worked this morning had a nap and then went to the grocery. It's been a long day and I am tired and grumpy.

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] Perhaps I wasn't clear in what the difference was between my first mega post and my second. My first post was literally me just going through and giving my read on each post as it came. Just knee jerk reactions. It was also still very colored by my emotional response to the surprise lynch. The second post was after I could sit back and think on everything, and had time to form some suspicions. The biggest thing in my mind at that time was that I felt the thread was being directed. And of the people who I thought seemed to be doing that were you and Epi, add that into the fact you two seem to be dancing very loudly around each other all freaking game, yet never seemed to really want to lynch each other. It just looked really suspect to me.

[mention]nutella[/mention] , I don't think you get what was happening in my mind during the vote. I came back in replacing Dave and I was focused on what I believed was happening, like never would I have imagined me putting my vote on anyone other than Jay at the end of the day. Never. At some point I thought I saw someone (Epi I think?) mention that she might be cursed. And she said something about this being her only post or something of that nature. I guess I just thought she was under a posting curse of some sort. I thought it was weird she was continuing to post if under a posting restriction, but again my focus was on Jay. As the EoD got closer, most people were not in here because they had MK EoD. I started my sim, but it ran twice as long as usual so a half hour before EoD, I started looking at what was happening while still trying to play my game. It hit me as I tried to multitask that I had misunderstood the situation completely and I can't even tell you how much it shook me. If Dizzy was forced to vote Jay it called my top suspicions into question. It should be noted I moved my vote only 11 minutes before the vote ended. If you really expect I could have cast a confident vote anywhere in 11 minutes after I felt like my entire point of view had been possibly turned on it's head, you have too high of expectations in my opinion. I really didn't have any idea coming into the lynch that the curse mentioned was not a curse but probably a force. I wish your theory was true, because then it would mean I was attempting some manipulation rather than just being so off in my suspicion.

As to everyone else suspecting me for my non stance on Lorab, fair enough. You're wrong, but at least your suspicions are better grounded this time around. I can't have reads on everyone and like I already said, my focus was on Jay, Epi and Sloonei and sorting out who I thought was bad there. I just didn't feel like I had any read on her. Yep, it looks bad, but I can't change that it just is what it is.

If I was a team with Lorab why would I not just either bus her or cast a vote to save her? How does voting off accomplish anything?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

bumping this forward for contemporary use
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:16 pm

coherent when?
Your messages around " Elplz eevator pitch me on lorab vrs locon go " made sense.

Why is this one so fucked up?

What was your intended message, and what did it mean? Why is that your only unclear message?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 499
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:20 pm
bumping this forward for contemporary use
Dfaraday added them to the front page
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:18 pm The biggest thing in my mind at that time was that I felt the thread was being directed.
If the thread isn't directed, what happens?

Why is that a bad thing?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:22 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:16 pm

coherent when?
Your messages around " Elplz eevator pitch me on lorab vrs locon go " made sense.

Why is this one so fucked up?

What was your intended message, and what did it mean? Why is that your only unclear message?
"plz elevator pitch me on lorab vs. long con go"

it was the most disorganized message because it was the message I needed an answer to most desperately in the shortest amount of time. at the time it seemed like a pretty clear question, I think I noticed the elevator typo but was like "nah they'll get it" I guess I was wrong?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Let me clarify, I felt it was being directed away from topics that should be discussed. And if that was the way I felt I was asking myself why would someone want that? I came to the conclusion that one or two of you, Jay and Sloonei were bad as a result of that. Direction is not bad, misdirection is. And I felt like it was misdirection.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:44 pm You mentioned you have a mafia read on me because I appear to be playing a different game to everyone else. Does that mean you have a Mafia read on yourself given the lion's share of everyone else have a civ read of me?
Can you walk me through why I would make that jump in logic?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:24 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:18 pm The biggest thing in my mind at that time was that I felt the thread was being directed.
If the thread isn't directed, what happens?

Why is that a bad thing?
Yours truly takes over.

Do you really want that happening?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:28 pm Let me clarify, I felt it was being directed away from topics that should be discussed. And if that was the way I felt I was asking myself why would someone want that? I came to the conclusion that one or two of you, Jay and Sloonei were bad as a result of that. Direction is not bad, misdirection is. And I felt like it was misdirection.
With the Lorab flip, can you point to any misdirection in the thread?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:18 pm
If I was a team with Lorab why would I not just either bus her or cast a vote to save her? How does voting off accomplish anything?
So you could make that comment?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:28 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:44 pm You mentioned you have a mafia read on me because I appear to be playing a different game to everyone else. Does that mean you have a Mafia read on yourself given the lion's share of everyone else have a civ read of me?
I thought it was obvious that I was having a go at you for being a hypocrite.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis every time you suspect me in a game it feels like I'm being graded on an English paper I did last minute. :p

"this sentence is completely illegible" "that word has another definition entirely in this context"
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] Seems like a piss poor strategy to me, but whatever you want to think you go ahead. But to be clear, I have never shied away from bussing teammates in the past.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:33 pm Epignosis every time you suspect me in a game it feels like I'm being graded on an English paper I did last minute. :p

"this sentence is completely illegible" "that word has another definition entirely in this context"
This time you are being graded for your drunkenness by a bona fide wino extraordinaire.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 pm @MacDougall Seems like a piss poor strategy to me, but whatever you want to think you go ahead. But to be clear, I have never shied away from bussing teammates in the past.
Making actions so you can point at them later to gain civ cred is a piss poor strategy?

Guess that makes me a piss poor Mafia player then.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:32 pm
I was picking up what you're laying down.

Except for the part where it doesn't really matter to me what "everyone else" has to say about you. I never particularly cared for general consensus.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:46 pm

Except for the part where it doesn't really matter to me what "everyone else" has to say about you. I never particularly cared for general consensus.
So we agree you are scum reading me for something you are exhibiting in this game? That is to say that you find your own behaviour scummy?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Why Marmot is Mafia:

He has one player he would lynch right now and it's a player nobody else finds bad
He has made a minimal case against said player
The content of that case is that said player (me) is behaving in exactly the same way he is

You're clearly not genuinely trying to solve the game. You're bad.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:47 pm

So we agree you are scum reading me for something you are exhibiting in this game? That is to say that you find your own behaviour scummy?
No we do not agree on that.

I see your behavior. I find it suspicious.

I have my behavior. They are different. I am not doing the same thing as you. If I was, wouldn't the lion's share of everyone else have a civ read on me too?

So no I do not find my behavior scummy. I don't pay heed to my behavior. That's everyone else's job.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:44 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:34 pm @MacDougall Seems like a piss poor strategy to me, but whatever you want to think you go ahead. But to be clear, I have never shied away from bussing teammates in the past.
Making actions so you can point at them later to gain civ cred is a piss poor strategy?

Seems like it would make way more sense to do something likely to buy you some civ cred than to take an action you have to explain and defend. Taking the clearly civ looking path makes more sense to me as a baddie than taking a weak move and taking the fall out just in order to say, "but if I was bad I wouldn't have done that!" But maybe that's just the way I play. Also, don't make it personal man, I wasn't saying anything about your gameplay. The piss poor comment was because if I was bad and had bussed her, I wouldn't likely be in the orange for people who previously were coloring me green. If that was my strategy it sure as hell seems to not be a very good one. That's all I meant.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 pm Why Marmot is Mafia:

He has one player he would lynch right now and it's a player nobody else finds bad
The content of that case is that said player (me) is behaving in exactly the same way he is

The problem with making cases without quotes or links is that everything is written out of context and painted a most dreadful color of scum. That's what you've done here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:47 pm

No we do not agree on that.

I see your behavior. I find it suspicious.

I have my behavior. They are different. I am not doing the same thing as you. If I was, wouldn't the lion's share of everyone else have a civ read on me too?

So no I do not find my behavior scummy. I don't pay heed to my behavior. That's everyone else's job.
You're not trying. You don't find me suspicious. If you found me suspicious you would have tried harder to rally against me. You're just swatting away my accusations. Your suspicion against me is to softly discredit me enough that people will see my read on you as a no u and ignore it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Marmot wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:54 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:51 pm Why Marmot is Mafia:

The problem with making cases without quotes or links is that everything is written out of context and painted a most dreadful color of scum. That's what you've done here.
I disagree. I find it really helpful when players summarise their reads.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

My impression from Jay's intereractions with lorab before death tend toward an earnest attempt to feel her out. He did an entire ISO on her as well as half an ISO on LC due to time constraints. The mafia Jay I've met is not afraid to bus teammates or do ISO's on them ending in negative views. I would like to review how that manifested in pirates mafia.

GTH jay good
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Spacedaisy wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:44 pm

Seems like it would make way more sense to do something likely to buy you some civ cred than to take an action you have to explain and defend. Taking the clearly civ looking path makes more sense to me as a baddie than taking a weak move and taking the fall out just in order to say, "but if I was bad I wouldn't have done that!" But maybe that's just the way I play. Also, don't make it personal man, I wasn't saying anything about your gameplay. The piss poor comment was because if I was bad and had bussed her, I wouldn't likely be in the orange for people who previously were coloring me green. If that was my strategy it sure as hell seems to not be a very good one. That's all I meant.
Everything you said is wifom. That's the argument for why your action is capable of being a scum action. It's wifom. And as such needs to be completely ignored.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:36 pm
Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:33 pm Epignosis every time you suspect me in a game it feels like I'm being graded on an English paper I did last minute. :p

This time you are being graded for your drunkenness by a bona fide wino extraordinaire.
implying i never done an english assignment while intoxicated :p
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:58 pm i never done
ah fuck
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:55 pm
You're not trying. You don't find me suspicious. If you found me suspicious you would have tried harder to rally against me.
I don't think I'd do that. I can't put in a solid effort every single day.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”