Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 159
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Spectator Thread

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:
Scotty wrote:I'm actually surprised Golden is so bitter about being played. I figured he of all people would have more of an open mind.

Should be an interesting outcome. I have no idea who the jury is probably going to vote for now.
He doesn't sound that bitter to me but maybe I'm reading him wrong - more surprised that Opt would do that. Scotty, are you going to let them have bts until the end? I was thinking you said you were going to limit them to 1 each to force more behavior into the thread where the jury could see it.

Also, I think Quin has a good chance now.
I'm trying this auto-BTSC today, and already didn't think it through. This will change again tomorrow because I think almost every person will have BTSC.
For final 4, i will definitely have a limit of 1 match per person. :shrug2:
I'd prefer the game players to be able to have a little strategy over Jury seeing everything. But I also don't want a dead thread. Can't win em all
Oh I see, I was thinking the jury was supposed to see the strategy so I was just thinking about it wrong. And yeah, everyone will have bts unless they forget to send in their names it seems.

Yeah Rico I tend to agree, grudge is grudge. We'll see though.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Ricochet »

Did Sorsha use her special item? From the sound of it, it could be yuuuuuge.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:Did Sorsha use her special item? From the sound of it, it could be yuuuuuge.
I don't think she's used it and I don't think I know what it is.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Final phases in Survivor Mafia be like:

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Did Sorsha use her special item? From the sound of it, it could be yuuuuuge.
Oh wait I think scotty told us what it was, wasn't it
the ability to take down someone's hunger and thirst by 2? I could be wrong about this but it sounds vaguely familiar.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 157
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:
juliets wrote:
Oh wait I think scotty told us what it was, wasn't it
the ability to take down someone's hunger and thirst by 2? I could be wrong about this but it sounds vaguely familiar.
Sorsha already used it last phase. She used it on Elo and it brought her thirst and energy down 4.
If she had used it on, say, Golden, it might have killed him. But she chose Elo, who was marginally fine with thirst :shrug2:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 178

Post by DharmaHelper »

All tbis LMS hate. This was one of the best games on the site in my time here.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:All tbis LMS hate. This was one of the best games on the site in my time here.
We live now, more than ever before, in an age of Dead-or-Alive wins. Most probably don't want to openly embrace a format in which they'd only have a 1 in 19 (or however much) chance of winning.

Would you describe this as one of the best for its Mafia format per se or is it just the hype that were getting a close as possible Survivor experience?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:All tbis LMS hate. This was one of the best games on the site in my time here.
We live now, more than ever before, in an age of Dead-or-Alive wins. Most probably don't want to openly embrace a format in which they'd only have a 1 in 19 (or however much) chance of winning.

Would you describe this as one of the best for its Mafia format per se or is it just the hype that were getting a close as possible Survivor experience?
It was the most fun. I didn't have to worry about hunting baddies or being hunted. I got to goof around and just have fun. I think LMS in general is a better format because it's less structured and there is more flexibility.

I don't even particularly like Survivor :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

It was the most fun. I didn't have to worry about hunting baddies or being hunted. I got to goof around and just have fun. I think LMS in general is a better format because it's less structured and there is more flexibility.

I also might be in the minority here in that I don't conflate "winning" with "having fun"

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

But you were hunted down. :shrug: If it's LMS, everyone else eventually is the "baddie". L'enfer c'est les autres.

I think the LMS format packs the same amount of psychological structure as a typical Mafia does. Even more individual level, as opposed to a collective one.

And I'm saying all this without any real discontent for the format, like for instance Epig shares. Is it Mafia? I don't really care, it really works as a once in a while variation. I'd be willing to host one, for the fun of the spectacle. Meanwhile, I wouldn't really come near one, given my losing complex. So I wouldn't be able to embrace the fun of it.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

What I meant was I don't have to worry about being suspected as a mafia, because everyone else is equally as innocent or guilty as I am as far as the game is concerned. But yeah, you do make good points.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:What I meant was I don't have to worry about being suspected as a mafia, because everyone else is equally as innocent or guilty as I am as far as the game is concerned. But yeah, you do make good points.
The slight difference in this game is that some players are malaligned with their abilities and are not necessarily looking to play fair. So for someone like, say, the Nurse, their best interest would be to eliminate others that pose a threat to the unity of the tribe in the early goings.

Not that players knew this, but that element exists to give players perspective

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:What I meant was I don't have to worry about being suspected as a mafia, because everyone else is equally as innocent or guilty as I am as far as the game is concerned. But yeah, you do make good points.
The slight difference in this game is that some players are malaligned with their abilities and are not necessarily looking to play fair. So for someone like, say, the Nurse, their best interest would be to eliminate others that pose a threat to the unity of the tribe in the early goings.

Not that players knew this, but that element exists to give players perspective
Yeah some people are "mafia like" because they've got those negative powers.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

How well received would a Walking Dead LMS game be... hmmmm...

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:How well received would a Walking Dead LMS game be... hmmmm...
If probably play.

Ima need a break after this thing wraps up tho

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The smart play here is to swallow that Opt betrayal and get out Sorsha and Quin. Quin first, then Sorsha. But we'll see how the immunity plays out.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Update:
Quin secretly found another idol. He is playing it on himself because duh. This is the last time idols can be played.
In other news, he is also thinking about eating the poor poor imaginary chicken.

I'm amazed that Opt won immunity today. I'm also shocked at how little LoRab and Sorsha seemed to remember. Sorsha didn't even submit answers, so :shrug2:

The next challenge is the last challenge and incorporates every skill. This night poll is choosing which advantage they would like in the next challenge. Right now,
Opt and LoRab both have a strength advantage.
Looks like one of Sorsha, Elo or LoRab will be going home tonight.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

They should turn on LoRab tbh. Blindside her with Quin. Anything else and Elo and Sorsha are toasties b4 Final 3.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:Update:
Quin secretly found another idol. He is playing it on himself because duh. This is the last time idols can be played.
In other news, he is also thinking about eating the poor poor imaginary chicken.

I'm amazed that Opt won immunity today. I'm also shocked at how little LoRab and Sorsha seemed to remember. Sorsha didn't even submit answers, so :shrug2:

The next challenge is the last challenge and incorporates every skill. This night poll is choosing which advantage they would like in the next challenge. Right now,
Opt and LoRab both have a strength advantage.
Looks like one of Sorsha, Elo or LoRab will be going home tonight.
Wow shocker the guy whose power is to find idols keeps finding idols

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If anyone is silly enough to let Mr. Idol walk into the end, the jury shouldn't give him the win anyway. The only thing he's done all game is use his built in idol radar to keep himself safe.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Why are we using spoilers in a thread that's literally meant to spoil us? :shrug2:
Ponderosa lot apparently are unaware Quin has an idol and think he'll still go down tonight? :eek: Oh the sizzle.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
If anyone is silly enough to let Mr. Idol walk into the end, the jury shouldn't give him the win anyway. The only thing he's done all game is use his built in idol radar to keep himself safe.
I don't quite understand this. What else should he have done? We cant see his btsc so no telling what he is doing in there.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
I don't quite understand this. What else should he have done? We cant see his btsc so no telling what he is doing in there.
My point was that without his power he'd be dead in the water.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If I did have any criticisms of the game it would be that. I have to think it's no small coincidence that the guy whose power shows him where the hidden immunity idols are is the guy with the most hidden immunity idols all game.

(Also, shouldn't we be tapped out on immunity idols? IIRC Real Survivor doesn't have like, five idols.)

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:If I did have any criticisms of the game it would be that. I have to think it's no small coincidence that the guy whose power shows him where the hidden immunity idols are is the guy with the most hidden immunity idols all game.

(Also, shouldn't we be tapped out on immunity idols? IIRC Real Survivor doesn't have like, five idols.)
When an idol is used from that tribe it came from, it is reburied. This idol from the Merged tribe keeps getting reburied when it is used.

As for finding idols- people had their chances, and people also had their chances of voting out Quin when they had a chance. But they kept him alive because I feel like the general core wanted him around :shrug2:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well like I said if they let the Idol Recycling Quin through past tonight that's just silly. If he *wins*, that's even sillier.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:Well like I said if they let the Idol Recycling Quin through past tonight that's just silly. If he *wins*, that's even sillier.
I wouldn't mind seeing him win though I wouldn't mind seeing any of them left win.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Anything exciting going on in bts Scotty? The thread is dead.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Wonder how the vote will shake out.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Anything exciting going on in bts Scotty? The thread is dead.
Haven't seen a lot. The participants are basically dead.
DharmaHelper wrote:Wonder how the vote will shake out.
No one knew that Quin had an idol.

So that will be reflected by some of the votes tonight.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh man why did they not blindside LoRab? Bigly waste of an opportunity.

Who is Quin even aligned with anymore?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:Oh man why did they not blindside LoRab? Bigly waste of an opportunity.

Who is Quin even aligned with anymore?
Opt said she'd take him. Who knows who else...Sorsha maybe?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

So Opt voted Eloh with him, huh? Man, she might have a lot to endure through jury time, overall.

Is Opt planning to take LoRab with her in the Final because LoRab would be the goat? Was LoRab that stabby or not favored by the jury members?

I don't think Sorsha will get any jury votes, at this point, except maybe S~V~S supporting her? :sigh:

This is all assuming Quin is not taken into the Final, which should make it more challenging for both Opt and LoRab.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Funny that opt voted Elo not knowing Quin had the idol. Elo sounds like she will not vote Opt. Epi indicated he would if Elo wasn't in the final. SVS probably won't unless Lorab is her only other choice. Opt should probably take Lorab into the final to give her the best chance. I guess a lot depends on who gets immunity though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

^I agree. From what I'm reading, I think 50% of the jury will go bitter. Opt needs to win immunity and take players with her that have less chance to win over the jury. LoRab is prolly the best choice going forward. If it's Final 3, I'm not sure Sorsha would absorb too many votes, except if the jury is real salty on both Opt and LoRab. Quin could probably give her a hard time, maybe even make her lose.

Then again, the most vocal people to discuss who they like or dissent are S~V~S, Golden and Eloh. Epig appears to be willing to vote Opt now. INH doesn't seem to have an issue with recognizing Opt's game. No idea what the others think.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:^I agree. From what I'm reading, I think 50% of the jury will go bitter. Opt needs to win immunity and take players with her that have less chance to win over the jury. LoRab is prolly the best choice going forward. If it's Final 3, I'm not sure Sorsha would absorb too many votes, except if the jury is real salty on both Opt and LoRab. Quin could probably give her a hard time, maybe even make her lose.

Then again, the most vocal people to discuss who they like or dissent are S~V~S, Golden and Eloh. Epig appears to be willing to vote Opt now. INH doesn't seem to have an issue with recognizing Opt's game. No idea what the others think.
One thing that occurs to me is Epig could be persuaded by Elo's feelings about Opt and decide not to vote for her based on those feelings. Hard to tell though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

juliets wrote:
Ricochet wrote:^I agree. From what I'm reading, I think 50% of the jury will go bitter. Opt needs to win immunity and take players with her that have less chance to win over the jury. LoRab is prolly the best choice going forward. If it's Final 3, I'm not sure Sorsha would absorb too many votes, except if the jury is real salty on both Opt and LoRab. Quin could probably give her a hard time, maybe even make her lose.

One thing that occurs to me is Epig could be persuaded by Elo's feelings about Opt and decide not to vote for her based on those feelings. Hard to tell though.
I think the fair thing would be for each to decide who he wants to give his vote to.

I don't see why Epignosis in particular would have issues assessing the worthiest player in a game for him.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:
juliets wrote:

I think the fair thing would be for each to decide who he wants to give his vote to.

I don't see why Epignosis in particular would have issues assessing the worthiest player in a game for him.
The worthiest player in the game to him may not be the one who blindsided Eloh.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Opt and LoRab HAVE to see takinng Quin out is the best move.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Are we going to be in the studio audience for the finale?

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:Are we going to be in the studio audience for the finale?
Lol sure. You can be Sia, who unceremoniously walked up on stage for no reason during Kao Rong's season reunion

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Are we going to be in the studio audience for the finale?
Lol sure. You can be Sia, who unceremoniously walked up on stage for no reason during Kao Rong's season reunion
I'll Sia there.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty, the Ponderosa thread will still be open for the jury to talk about the answers they are getting from the players, right?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Scotty, the Ponderosa thread will still be open for the jury to talk about the answers they are getting from the players, right?
Yes

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I would have liked to have played with MP and Epi and LC. Shame they all ended up on the opposite sides of the island as me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:I would have liked to have played with MP and Epi and LC. Shame they all ended up on the opposite sides of the island as me.
Plus Mp was MIA.

I wouldn't mind playing with you either. As a player.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I would have liked to have played with MP and Epi and LC. Shame they all ended up on the opposite sides of the island as me.
Plus Mp was MIA.

I wouldn't mind playing with you either. As a player.
Samesies.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Here's my count on the challenge so far:

Lorab 02m40s
Opt