Spectator Thread

Moderator: Community Team

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 178

Re: Spectator Thread

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have peeked in on the game sporadically and I still have no idea what's going on. :p

I've never watched the show though which might explain why.
Whats going on is I got robbed :noble:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Ricochet »

My pleb senses are telling me that if Opt doesn't win immunity at any point left in the game, given she played her idol, everyone except maybe LoRab will try to sink her. Looking at Golden, if the opportunity comes closer to Final stuff.

Opt not having immunity will bring to mind Weakest Link snafu strategies. You don't always bring your strongest with you in the final.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, given that alliance packs seem to be in threes right now, I hope this game is a Final 2. Definitely needs more salt that three-player packs sticking it to the end.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I think Golden's success depends entirely on whether he has done a good enough job in hooking Eloh into his fold.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DH, if you were in the final jury, who would you, at the moment, spew fire against and who would you go "all in all, you have the king's respect", at the Final Tribal Council?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:DH, if you were in the final jury, who would you, at the moment, spew fire against and who would you go "all in all, you have the king's respect", at the Final Tribal Council?
Tough call.

Eloh and Sorsha seem to me from an outside perspective to be the weakest players in terms of alliances/moves made, so I'd hammer at them. Golden/Quin might be my top two objectively.

But Opt/Lorab/Golden definitely deserve props for the SVS blindside. She was the lynchpin I'd think in keeping Quin and Sorsha and any Atamai holdouts/possible threats to Opt/Golden/Lorab together.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

On the one hand, solid play to get rid of SVS. On the other hand, you gotta figure Golden's a major target now. A poor strategy to be the only big play maker in the game left. You have to have cover if you want people to vote your way. Who will Golden be able to pitch as a better vote than himself?

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 159
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:On the one hand, solid play to get rid of SVS. On the other hand, you gotta figure Golden's a major target now. A poor strategy to be the only big play maker in the game left. You have to have cover if you want people to vote your way. Who will Golden be able to pitch as a better vote than himself?
Yeah, I think Golden should have left SVS in the game for several reasons but one is so he wouldn't be the only major target in the game.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Smart money is on stoking the Mamana loyalties. Press the numbers advantage, and be careful about the votes/idols.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I dunno what the strategy is on Survivor, but on Big Brother a valid and potent strategy is to stack the jury with people who like you/liked your play by convincing the people around you to do the actual work of getting those people out of the game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 157
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:I dunno what the strategy is on Survivor, but on Big Brother a valid and potent strategy is to stack the jury with people who like you/liked your play by convincing the people around you to do the actual work of getting those people out of the game.
Generally this has been a popular strategy in Survivor- players look ahead to predict who had loyalties with who. The bitter jury is a real thing, and if you pissed off a jury member, no matter how cunning or respectable your gameplay otherwise, you're probably SOL with getting the votes. You'll find in seasons with weak strategy-minded people, the backstabbers get coal while the sweet, innocent "I didn't do anything in this game besides not pissing off some key people" player will win.

Not to say that that's happening here, because it's not. I actually find it refreshing to have players on the jury that have no preconception of what a winner should be. I think every player left still has a chance to win, if they can make a case for themselves.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I for one don't get the part about cutting off BTSC. Isn't it an integral part of the lore?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:I dunno what the strategy is on Survivor, but on Big Brother a valid and potent strategy is to stack the jury with people who like you/liked your play by convincing the people around you to do the actual work of getting those people out of the game.
Generally this has been a popular strategy in Survivor- players look ahead to predict who had loyalties with who. The bitter jury is a real thing, and if you pissed off a jury member, no matter how cunning or respectable your gameplay otherwise, you're probably SOL with getting the votes. You'll find in seasons with weak strategy-minded people, the backstabbers get coal while the sweet, innocent "I didn't do anything in this game besides not pissing off some key people" player will win.

Not to say that that's happening here, because it's not. I actually find it refreshing to have players on the jury that have no preconception of what a winner should be. I think every player left still has a chance to win, if they can make a case for themselves.
My strategy RE: Jury would have been to convince people within my circle of trust to make the plays I wanted them to make so that I could tell the jury one of two things either "I played a straight up and down game and had nothing to do with you getting the axe" or "I pulled strings, everyone knew that up front, and nobody took a shot at me"

I was careful in BTSC to use phrases like "I'll back your play" while also subtly pushing people to get them around to my way of thinking. Games like this, you gotta go brick by brick with your strategies.

As for who I think will win, if an Atamai makes it to a vote, I think the Jury gives it to them. If not, Golden has the best shot. Of Golden/LoRab/Opt, I think Lorab is least likely to win with SVS on the jury.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Another side note, I'd be wary about winning too much immunity/reward. People see that and they wait for the one you don't win to cut you.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:Another side note, I'd be wary about winning too much immunity/reward. People see that and they wait for the one you don't win to cut you.
I had said that a page ago. tsk tsk king
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Another side note, I'd be wary about winning too much immunity/reward. People see that and they wait for the one you don't win to cut you.
I had said that a page ago. tsk tsk king
Great minds,

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I see SVS as more of a risk for Golden than for Lorab.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:I see SVS as more of a risk for Golden than for Lorab.
I dunno, looking at Ponderosa and considering the blow up that got her the votes, I'm leaning LoRab.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:I see SVS as more of a risk for Golden than for Lorab.
I dunno, looking at Ponderosa and considering the blow up that got her the votes, I'm leaning LoRab.
Well, here's what she said about Lorab:

"When do we start voting? Final two or three? Becasue if they get rid of Quin, I think LoRab should win. Golden is so besotted with Opt, he threw his primary alliance under the bus, and I think LoRab has played them all. If Quin makes it to the final three, I think he should win since Opt seems to be blaming the DH thing on me, but it was all Quins idea. I jumped into the thread after the fact about it to protect Quin, who was in more danger at that time than I was, and focus their attention on me. "

And then in a later post she called Golden treacherous.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

You may have a point.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Who knows though she could have different feelings depending on what people say who come into the jury thread.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

The irony of SVS costing Golden a win after Golden insisted to me that she would be our ally would be nice though.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

How many Jury members did Golden actively sink? Might have a bad bitter jury time, accordingly.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:I for one don't get the part about cutting off BTSC. Isn't it an integral part of the lore?
It is, but it's probably like waiting for mouse to come out of a hole for hours so you can befriend it or whatever it is you do with a mouse hiding in your walls

Golden already asked for the puzzle and completed it.
In 14 minutes. He humblebragged about it, that hoomananny. I finished it in 16 minutes myself. :pout:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:How many Jury members did Golden actively sink? Might have a bad bitter jury time, accordingly.
Well, I'm willing to bet Epi will not vote for him. He flat out said he wanted one of the women to win.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I for one don't get the part about cutting off BTSC. Isn't it an integral part of the lore?
It is, but it's probably like waiting for mouse to come out of a hole for hours so you can befriend it or whatever it is you do with a mouse hiding in your walls

In 14 minutes. He humblebragged about it, that hoomananny. I finished it in 16 minutes myself. :pout:
Bet I could do better.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Bet I could do better.
Just for shits, want me to send it to you and find out? You just might.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Bet I could do better.
Just for shits, want me to send it to you and find out? You just might.
Sure, I've got time to kill :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dang Scotty you really like making puzzles that have the most confusing set ups possible huh? :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:Dang Scotty you really like making puzzles that have the most confusing set ups possible huh? :P
Confusing? Lol no. The formatting is a bit weird on the site, but other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

Are you still working on it or did you give up? :grin:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Have I created a monster after screwing with Scotty in Watchmen? :noble:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Dang Scotty you really like making puzzles that have the most confusing set ups possible huh? :P
Confusing? Lol no. The formatting is a bit weird on the site, but other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

Are you still working on it or did you give up? :grin:
Oh I suck at vanilla sudoku so there's no way I'm going to be able to solve sudoku with seven different steroids injected into it :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Ricochet wrote:Have I created a monster after screwing with Scotty in Watchmen? :noble:
Nah man. Can't beat the technical villainy that was those goddamn puzzles.

The difference is that mine have a solution.

Yours created problems :suspish:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Scotty wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Have I created a monster after screwing with Scotty in Watchmen? :noble:

The best kind. :noble:
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ricochet wrote:
Scotty wrote:

The best kind. :noble:
Hahaha that sounds like Rico!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Props to Scotty for making puzzles I can't wrap my head around at all :P

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:Props to Scotty for making puzzles I can't wrap my head around at all :P
I carry a book of logic puzzles around wherever I go.

It helps me sleep :scared:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

LoRab
gave up after 14 minutes because she was sure that Golden would have beaten her time anyway. How right she was!

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:LoRab
gave up after 14 minutes because she was sure that Golden would have beaten her time anyway. How right she was!
That is so funny because thats exactly the amount of time it took Golden to do the puzzle!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

With Day 13 being the cutoff the window to make a move against Golden might be too small to matter.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:With Day 13 being the cutoff the window to make a move against Golden might be too small to matter.
Anything can happen in a few days.

Hidden immunity idols can't be used after the final 5 tribal council anyway, so if he doesn't win immunity, that would be the idol ideal time to make a move.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

If what SVS said is accurate and they already know who they're voting off, it's Quin tonight.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:If what SVS said is accurate and they already know who they're voting off, it's Quin tonight.
I thought Quin had an immunity idol? Maybe not. It looks like SVS expects it to be Sorsha.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:If what SVS said is accurate and they already know who they're voting off, it's Quin tonight.
I thought Quin had an immunity idol? Maybe not. It looks like SVS expects it to be Sorsha.
Oh wait, yeah. Probably Sorsha then Quin since its almost final 5.

Unless they blindside Quin.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Pretty much the only thing I want to read back on the old game is the other tribe's performance during the battleship game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:

Where's Eloh in this equation? Who is she really aligned with or under whose umbrella is she placed? She also completely missed BTSC this time.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:Pretty much the only thing I want to read back on the old game is the other tribe's performance during the battleship game.
I cant remember which team you were on but the winning team guessed one coordinate at a time while the losing team guessed like 4 at a time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Ricochet wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:

Where's Eloh in this equation? Who is she really aligned with or under whose umbrella is she placed? She also completely missed BTSC this time.
Had she landed btsc I would have said Golden, since I figure he's doing or trying to do what we planned out which is to bring Eloh in close as possible in Epi's absence.

But she's been loyal throughout the game so even cut off from BTSC I don't see her backing a play against Golden or any Mamana. Quin and Sorsha are boned unless they can get a good idol play out of tonight, which means the four of LoRab/Golden/Opt/Eloh splitting the vote between Sorsha and Quin is the best play.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

juliets wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Pretty much the only thing I want to read back on the old game is the other tribe's performance during the battleship game.
I cant remember which team you were on but the winning team guessed one coordinate at a time while the losing team guessed like 4 at a time.
Oh I won the shit out of that challenge.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DharmaHelper wrote:
juliets wrote:
Oh I won the shit out of that challenge.
Oh so you want to see how the other team lost? There really wasn't much to see, they just for some reason made guesses in bunches instead of one at a time.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Survivor Mafia”