Ponderosa

Moderator: Community Team

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 61

Re: Ponderosa

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Golden who did you share your reward with?
Lorab. It was tails and she called tails.

Do you think it will be quin who is back here with us tomorrow? Has opt realised quin will probably win if he stays?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 65

Post by S~V~S »

Oh. Well if Sorsha uses what she has, I think she planned on giving it to Lorab. Did the thread know you gave it to LoRab?

Alot depends on Sorsha. If she manages to take someone out overnight,we might see two.

I expect them to try for Quin, I don't know that Opt will bus Sorsha yet and LoRab seems untouchable. Eloh will vote with LoRab. So LoRabs vote is worth 2. So Lorab plus one other person, and even after I was gone,LoRab seemed to want Sorsha out.

And I think Opt thinks she has you pocketed. She will expect me to vote for Quin. I think she will want Quin out before it goes to the jury.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 13

Post by notsawyer540 »

I asked to be voted out. I actually had to ask twice because they voted out LC instead the first time.

Although the first time I told them that they should either vote for me or Opt so we could get rid of the other tribe because that was the day of the tribe scramble.

I had an alliance with LC and Quin, but I'm pretty sure they were planning on betraying me if we made it to the final 3.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 14

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote:I can't wait to hear LoRab's take on what was going on. That's the perspective I feel like I'm lacking the most. She had a lot going on. I think you can directly track speedchuck's elimination to her as well as yours (it was LoRab who first told me speed was saying 'golden has a lot of alliances' - although I was out on speed from the moment he confronted LC when LC was after him, because that was too scary for me to trust).

I also don't know where the DF stuff has come from. In my experience the push on DF was all from Elo and I'm interested to find out if thats why LoRab pushed it with you or if it was off her own bat.
That snitch. :fist: I was wondering what you were talking about with me betraying you first in thread. Should've known, I guess. I was pretty sure you had already betrayed me at that point by making other alliances, though.

I think confronting LC about him being the cop was the most fun I've had all game. :mafia:
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

speedchuck wrote:
Golden wrote:I can't wait to hear LoRab's take on what was going on. That's the perspective I feel like I'm lacking the most. She had a lot going on. I think you can directly track speedchuck's elimination to her as well as yours (it was LoRab who first told me speed was saying 'golden has a lot of alliances' - although I was out on speed from the moment he confronted LC when LC was after him, because that was too scary for me to trust).

I also don't know where the DF stuff has come from. In my experience the push on DF was all from Elo and I'm interested to find out if thats why LoRab pushed it with you or if it was off her own bat.
That snitch. :fist: I was wondering what you were talking about with me betraying you first in thread. Should've known, I guess. I was pretty sure you had already betrayed me at that point by making other alliances, though.
Well, I had :p

I betrayed you first when you confronted LC! I immediately went back and said to opt... we can't trust chuck's instincts, here I am having his back and he's putting it in jeopardy, LC might realise we are after him and play an idol!

LC was genuinely after you though! I was like "What is chuck doing! LC is a likeable guy, but you still can't trust him!"
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

notsawyer540 wrote:I asked to be voted out. I actually had to ask twice because they voted out LC instead the first time.
For the same reason that people in the other tribe should not have voted Quin! I didn't want to vote you in case you had an idol (and I didn't want opt out, she was the only person I trusted at that point).
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My biggest problem in the game, was making a preseason final three with SVS and Quin and then not being on their tribe until the merge.

I had to make deals to survive the first phase (I had a final three with opt and DH and a final five with LoRab and chuck)
Then I had to make a deal to survive the swap (a final three with sorsha)

So at the merge, I had final three deals with opt, quin, svs and sorsha and final five deals with LoRab and chuck.

I never made any more deals beyond that, though... just what I felt I had to do to be in the majority and survive to the merge.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, I think the First deal you made, me & Quin, should have been the one you stuck with :pout:

I was rather annoyed at you, but I think I hav gotten over it :consoling:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Well, I think the First deal you made, me & Quin, should have been the one you stuck with :pout:
Well, that was my plan!

I honestly believe if your elim day hadn't panned out the way it did. Not only that, but since opt clearly did turn on me in the end and was probably going to be of a mind to do that even without the vote for you, I think it would have been you me and quin.

But, what could I do? LoRab wasn't going home, and you wouldn't have sorsha, and I couldn't convince LoRab to vote Elo... I tried so many times to hint to you that I felt my hands were tied and I didn't like the direction of the vote, but you wouldn't budge!

I learned a couple of good lessons in this game if there's ever a sequel. The first is that flexibility is king, because you never know things such as what btsc is going on that you don't know about (that day's btsc was completely unpredictable, and I think you made the decision to go after LoRab publicly in part because you expected there was no btsc at all). The second is, don't trust people who seem too calm. I kept telling Quin 'I'm not sure if opt is on side to keep you, I have some convincing to do... we need to work hard on that' and he was all like 'We're going to final three, I'm not worried, go us'. I should have known by the fact Quin wasn't as worried about his own survival as I was, that I was not in the loop.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I would have went public anyhow.

I wanted some of the BTS stuff to spill into the thread, for the jury. In BTS I kept harping at people, "You are not playing for you, you are playing for the jury".

If I had my total druthers, leaving alliance out of it, I would like Final 3 to be Eloh, Quin & Sorsha, and I would love it if Eloh won.

She played a nice, gentle, loyal game, not unlike Faraday. Just becasue MOST Survivor winners win via power plays and backstabbing doesn't mean they all have to. But I am sure the people she trusts most will turn on her.

In any case, I am putting my jammies on, grabbing my remote and my Nyquil, so I may wake up at midnight to see what happened.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I see no reason not to take Elo to the end at this point. There is no alliance of three people left. If I was in a similar position where Opt had been taken out by Quin and LoRab and left me out of it, I would realise this is an individual game now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, if the final 3 comes down to Opt, Eloh and LoRab, Eloh will very likely get my vote to win. She has played a game my role, Cochran, would be pleased with, I think.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Epignosis »

I told Opt I would help her win unless that came into conflict with Eloh winning. She understood.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I probablly won't vote for Elo to win, but I'd be perfectly happy with that outcome. When Epi told me he wanted 'opt, elo or SVS to win', that was just fine with me, except that I wanted me to win more.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Golden wrote:
speedchuck wrote:

Well, I had :p

I betrayed you first when you confronted LC! I immediately went back and said to opt... we can't trust chuck's instincts, here I am having his back and he's putting it in jeopardy, LC might realise we are after him and play an idol!

LC was genuinely after you though! I was like "What is chuck doing! LC is a likeable guy, but you still can't trust him!"
I mean, he was nice. I still voted him out. Never spoke of any alliances, or of voting him. Just revealed our roles.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

:hugs: eloh

Did LoRab know you could make people sick?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:I probablly won't vote for Elo to win, but I'd be perfectly happy with that outcome. When Epi told me he wanted 'opt, elo or SVS to win', that was just fine with me, except that I wanted me to win more.
Now see, I want Opt to not win. She has played a good game, but I think Quin and Sorsha have played good games too, and my primary allegiance is to Quin.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Opt lied. She made a pact with me at the very beginning of the game. Like night 2 or something. I don't know if I want any of these liars to win.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

She did golden dirty and me. I don't like it.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

S~V~S wrote::hugs: eloh

Did LoRab know you could make people sick?
No. No one did but boomslang. I told him in my first BTSC. Then I thought maybe I needed to keep that info to myself and I would wait til the very end and use it on the two people who were left with me if I made it to the end. Well....I really thought it would be golden, lorab, and me at the end. Opt is the reason that's not the case, I believe.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Oh, and opt didn't even have the decency to come in to BTSC and tell me she was breaking our alliance. She waited until she knew I'd gone to bed. I know she was around though because she was talking with Lorab and telling her she was going to vote for me. And...Howbdisbibget out anyway if quin had more votes? Did he have another idol?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:The greatest thing about LMS games is that I can enter them knowing I have no chance at ever winning them.
And i always feel like I have a good chance. And I get pretty close every time.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think he did have another idol according to the post..

I know the first one he found was becasue he was told as part of his tole, but I don't know if he was told where all of them were hidden.

Opt has said a lot of things to make the jury think she is blameless. I wonder who ate the chicken?

Linki, that's becasue you are usually the only one to play a clean game.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I had BTSC with Lorab last night. She had BTSC with sorsha and opt. She was trying to convince both of them that quin was the way to go. She obviously convinced sorsha, but not opt. I wish I could see what opt write in our BTSC after I went to bed but the room was cleared. She apparently said something according to the thread, but who knows. She could be lying about that too. I do think quin played a good game from what I saw. How was he in the beginning before the tribes were scrambled up? I'd love lorab to win. But she did lie/betray me twice this game. So I may vote for quin instead. I won't be voting for opt or sorsha. I have not reason NOT to vote her to win, but I have no reason TO vote her either.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Sorsha that is.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So as we get closer to the end, keep tucked away in your mind potential questions you would like for each remaining player, should they end up going to the final tribal.

You aren't required to ask or say anything specifically, but I will ask that you keep your comments self-contained- meaning, no rambling or asking multiple tangential questions. Once Final Tribal Council comes (Which will immediately follow Night 13, on Thursday, March 30th), you will be designated to post in the main thread your statement/question/appeal to the rest of the jury for each finalist, either in the same post or in 3 separate posts. They may respond to it, but you may not follow up.
Eloh, don't forget you can ask them questions per this ^^ so you might want to think about the specifics of what you want to know to direct your vote.

Also, at this point all of us might want to coordinate about what questions we would like answers to so there is as little duplication as possible.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 19

Post by insertnamehere »

When I hear that a certain contestant is lying, backstabbing, and manipulating others to their benefit, it only makes me want to vote for them to win.

I hope that people are able to look at this decision objectively instead of deciding purely based on "who was I aligned with/who screwed me over".

I kinda think that's tacky.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

something something russell hantz something something the game is flaaaaawed
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote:When I hear that a certain contestant is lying, backstabbing, and manipulating others to their benefit, it only makes me want to vote for them to win.

I hope that people are able to look at this decision objectively instead of deciding purely based on "who was I aligned with/who screwed me over".

I think once the sting wears off of being betrayed, this is easier to do.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote:When I hear that a certain contestant is lying, backstabbing, and manipulating others to their benefit, it only makes me want to vote for them to win.

Is that how all contestants that won have played this game?

Tacky is in the eyes of the beholder. Don't judge others criteria in this way.

I think playing a clean game takes more skill in some ways than multiple back stabbings. Quin was the architect of the biggest backstab in the game (and it was totally his idea, I wore the face becasue he was on the block and I was distracting from that, but it was all his plan and execution.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Part of the problem is also the BTS, we have no idea what people actually did since most of it happened BTSC. So who knows how much subtle treachery happened that we will never know about? Like Sorsha probably was verycr afty in BTSC, but we have no way of knowing that.

It's unfortunate.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Yes, I read that we can ask questions. I agree that we ought to talk about what we might want to ask.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 4
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:Part of the problem is also the BTS, we have no idea what people actually did since most of it happened BTSC. So who knows how much subtle treachery happened that we will never know about? Like Sorsha probably was verycr afty in BTSC, but we have no way of knowing that.

It's unfortunate.
Quin has been crocheting a blanket to keep himself warm.

Sorsha and LoRab have been playing cards.

Opt_Outside has been swimming with the dolphins.

Hope that helps. :keys:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Well.. I'm an open book and will answer anything I know if you want to ask. I never had BTSC with sorsha. Only the other three
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Part of the problem is also the BTS, we have no idea what people actually did since most of it happened BTSC. So who knows how much subtle treachery happened that we will never know about? Like Sorsha probably was verycr afty in BTSC, but we have no way of knowing that.

It's unfortunate.
This is what our questions at final tribal council are for! It's true in real Survivor too. It all happens somewhere you aren't and you only have scraps and the stories of people who get booted to go on.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

At the moment my expected question for each of opt and quin is why should I vote for someone whose role gave them such a big advantage that neither could be voted out until final 4.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

About what time do we need our questions ready?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

speedchuck wrote:About what time do we need our questions ready?
At the end of night 12, one more player will be headed here to Ponderosa. Instead of a Day 13, I will be locking the thread and starting a new one called "Final Tribal Council." I will have further instructions there, but you will be able to post any time during the 24 hour period with one question/comment directed at each of the remaining castaways. These questions will be broadcast to everyone so there shouldn't be repeat questions. The castaways may post all they wish, but you as a jury member are limited to up to 3 posts: either one post with all questions/comments you wish all/some/one player to answer, or one post directed to each of the remaining castaways. That make sense?

You will have only 24 hours to then send me a PM with a vote for who you wish to WIN the game.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I extended the day phase today, so Final tribal council will not start until Friday. Sorry for the delay. I swear I'm not just milking this thing- it's gone on long enough for a speed game lol
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

It's been great scotty. Can't wait for season 2.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No worries, I don't know that I will have all of my questions formulated until I know who the final 3 are.
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 13

Post by notsawyer540 »

I intend to ask the following question: "Who have you voted for each night since the merger and why?"
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Good work sorsha! Interesting to see who ends up back here. If I were them I'd vote opt out, but I'm guessing it will be quin. Both are big threats.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah I was expecting Sorsha back so that win was big for her.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

LoRab wrote:Quin, based on several different factors, you seem the most likely candidate to have poisoned Golden and me. Did you do this? And if so, why? If not, then who do you think did it?
This is the exact same type of thing she tried to do to Sorsha the day I was lynched before I started in on LoRab myself. It actually is WHY I decided to call her out about Faraday. I hope Sorsha calls her on it.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

If Lorab took being poisoned less personally, the game would be radically different.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

She also feels she needs a baddie reason to "suspect" people. Like when she came out trying to imply Sorsha wasn't giving fish to people. I had told her that Sorsha was in fact giving fish to people, and that Scotty had said that she could still share, just everyone else couldn't when the food sharing was stopped. But she still felt the need to try to make a "case" that Sorsha was "bad".
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

insertnamehere wrote:If Lorab took being poisoned less personally, the game would be radically different.
I feel like I may have ruined my good girl reputation by poisoning her and golden. But I really thought nwebwouldbhave this in the bag and that we would be the last three. I thought...If they were poisoned, they may be eliminated due to lack of food/water and it would help me win.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't take any offence elo. I never guessed it was you!
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Perhaps a question I can use:
Of all the players, which one do you feel did you the most wrong?

Nah, I don't want people focusing on that negative stuff.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Survivor Mafia”