Ponderosa

Moderator: Community Team

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Ponderosa

Post by speedchuck »

Yeah, kinda sounds like everyone's going to vote for whoever they feel least hurt by.

I'm honestly more interested in the answer to INH's question and SVS's question than my own. I'm probably going to base my decision on those three questions.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 65

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote:Jurors bringing their own personal feelings into the vote, and not voting for the better players simply because they got outplayed by them is a common problem in the show too.
I think all three of them out played me. I want to vote for the one who outplayed me in the cleanest way possible. I read up a lot on my role, and I liked how he won. The real show doesn't have role powers, lol. So :shrug: also, not being a watcher, I am not as interested in being a purist as you are. I think the world had room for more than one interpretation of the appropriate criteria for winning Survivor.

I want to hear her answers, but Sorsha is my top seed at this time. She definitely did some under the table stuff, but she also stayed under the radar while doing it without any role benefits (that I am aware of, which is why I want to see her answers). She got to where she is without having upset or grossly betrayed anyone.

@SCOtty~ did I hopelessly screw up my questions? I thought we had 3 posts in total, and could break them up as we liked. I just wanted to get my full question out there
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 19

Post by insertnamehere »

"Cleanest" is a subjective nonsense term.

Everybody gets dirty in Survivor. If you get to the end, and you haven't betrayed anyone or made anyone else upset, then you haven't done anything to get there.

To put it in other terms, to be upset about backstabbing and betrayal in Survivor is like being upset about being NK'd by the mafia. It's gonna happen, and acting high and mighty about it is just bad sportsmanship, IMO.

Y'all did DH real dirty, then you went around insulting him after he got voted out, and acted like you were doing me a favor by voting out my closest ally. And I still had to suck it up, and pretend like I wanted to work with you and Quin after the merge. That's Survivor.

Obviously, people are able to have their own opinions.

And I'm able to have my opinions about their opinions.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by DFaraday »

I'm inclined to vote Opt because of her incredible run of challenges, which are a substantial part of the game. Advantage or not, she absolutely dominated that facet.

On the other hand, Quin did pull off the usurpation of DH, which was my favorite play of the game. That was a masterful move.

On the other hand, Sorsha has managed to avoid everyone's suspicion and somehow made it through everything that has happened without any advantages that I know of, so that's a major credit to her.

I have no idea where I'm voting.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Jurors bringing their own personal feelings into the vote, and not voting for the better players simply because they got outplayed by them is a common problem in the show too.
I think all three of them out played me. I want to vote for the one who outplayed me in the cleanest way possible. I read up a lot on my role, and I liked how he won. The real show doesn't have role powers, lol. So :shrug: also, not being a watcher, I am not as interested in being a purist as you are. I think the world had room for more than one interpretation of the appropriate criteria for winning Survivor.

I want to hear her answers, but Sorsha is my top seed at this time. She definitely did some under the table stuff, but she also stayed under the radar while doing it without any role benefits (that I am aware of, which is why I want to see her answers). She got to where she is without having upset or grossly betrayed anyone.

@SCOtty~ did I hopelessly screw up my questions? I thought we had 3 posts in total, and could break them up as we liked. I just wanted to get my full question out there
You are limited to one real direct question to each player, or could break up your questions into 3 posts.

Meaning: "What is your favorite color, Opt?"
Followed by a separate post saying, "cool, thanks Opt. Hey Sorsha: what do you think about opt's favorite color?"
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

You are limited to one real direct question to each player, or could break up your questions into 3 posts.

Meaning: "What is your favorite color, Opt?"
Followed by a separate post saying, "cool, thanks Opt. Hey Sorsha: what do you think about opt's favorite color?"
So your post directed at all 3 players is your question for all 3 players.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

One question. But I still have two more each, right? I can do it in one post if you prefer. I misunderstood, I just thought it had to be in three posts.

I iz confused and will be sad if I can't ans anything else.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 61

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:See, I was truthful in my dealings, and I wound up here. Deception is how you get to the end (that or having a role that lets you find all the idols). I can't fault Opt for telling lies. That's not clownish- that's gamesmanship.
But Opt is lying now. And that's just not wise. Or, she's been lying in the game so much that she doesn't remember what the truth actually is.

Deception while the game is going on is one thing. Deception after the fact is just poorly thought out.
I think Opt is confused about what she was trying to achieve, or she didn't have a clear vision of it.

I really want to vote for Opt. I made a promise in game that if I wasn't at the end and LoRab or Opt was, I'd vote for Opt. But, I can't escape the sense that this is why I got voted out (and LoRab too...) that Opt wanted us here to vote for her. And if she just said that, I'd respect that and vote for her.

I told her she's the person I'm least likely to vote for because I want to see how she does under the pressure of FTC. I find it equally hard to vote for Quin when he had such a massive role advantage, even though I think he's the one that should never have been allowed to get there.

I can't vote for sorsha unless she's able to explain what she did. At the moment I have to be honest it looks like she got lucky that opt decided to turn on me when she did, because if opt had wanted to stay loyal there was nothing sorsha could have done to survive.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:One question. But I still have two more each, right? I can do it in one post if you prefer. I misunderstood, I just thought it had to be in three posts.

You get -one- question/comment/thought per person.

If you want, you can ask one player that first question you asked by clarifying. And then ask a separate question to another player in another post.

Does that make sense?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:One question. But I still have two more each, right? I can do it in one post if you prefer. I misunderstood, I just thought it had to be in three posts.

You get one question for each player, not three (I wish I could ask three each! There's more I want to ask!). I think it is all a bit confusing for a non-Survivor watcher.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Golden wrote:

You get one question for each player, not three (I wish I could ask three each! There's more I want to ask!). I think it is all a bit confusing for a non-Survivor watcher.
That is correct. Because my syntax might be a bit confusing, I'm trying to offer a compromise in the thread while still adhering to the prescribed posting limits

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The first question was for all three players.

Can I make another post asking all three a *new* same question? And then a third? Three questions, three posts?

I thought we had three posts only and how we arranged the question wasn't as important.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Epignosis wrote:See, I was truthful in my dealings, and I wound up here. Deception is how you get to the end (that or having a role that lets you find all the idols). I can't fault Opt for telling lies. That's not clownish- that's gamesmanship.
But Opt is lying now. And that's just not wise. Or, she's been lying in the game so much that she doesn't remember what the truth actually is.

Deception while the game is going on is one thing. Deception after the fact is just poorly thought out.
I think Opt is confused about what she was trying to achieve, or she didn't have a clear vision of it.

I really want to vote for Opt. I made a promise in game that if I wasn't at the end and LoRab or Opt was, I'd vote for Opt. But, I can't escape the sense that this is why I got voted out (and LoRab too...) that Opt wanted us here to vote for her. And if she just said that, I'd respect that and vote for her.

I told her she's the person I'm least likely to vote for because I want to see how she does under the pressure of FTC. I find it equally hard to vote for Quin when he had such a massive role advantage, even though I think he's the one that should never have been allowed to get there.

I can't vote for sorsha unless she's able to explain what she did. At the moment I have to be honest it looks like she got lucky that opt decided to turn on me when she did, because if opt had wanted to stay loyal there was nothing sorsha could have done to survive.
I want to see if Opt had a role advantage too, other than the willpower bonus. I really need them to start answering questions, lol.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:The first question was for all three players.

Can I make another post asking all three a *new* same question? And then a third? Three questions, three posts?

I thought we had three posts only and how we arranged the question wasn't as important.
No- I gave the option to either put your one question for each player into one post or split up your posts into 3: one thought for each player.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So I can't ask anything else becasue I misunderstood? Right?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:
LoRab wrote:

I want to see if Opt had a role advantage too, other than the willpower bonus. I really need them to start answering questions, lol.
So since no one has answered your question yet, if you want, I can make an announcement to direct that question to, say, Quin. And then you can ask Opt that question.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:So I can't ask anything else becasue I misunderstood? Right?
Ok, so Opt has answered your question. So if you want to ask questions of the others, I can clarify that that was directed at her and you can ask the others a question

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ebwop, if so, cool, I will be ok with the one question. I just want to know clearly.

Linki, no it's OK, I had different questions I wanted to ask. I just want all three of them to answer that one. It says this is for all three.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:Ebwop, if so, cool, I will be ok with the one question. I just want to know clearly.

Linki, no it's OK, I had different questions I wanted to ask. I just want all three of them to answer that one. It says this is for all three.
Ok- I'm sorry for the confusion in this. Thank you for being a good sport :)

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, she did not actually answer it lol. cagey girl, that one. No mention of luck.

I am OK, Scotty. No need for more questions.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I tell you, if opt plays enough mafia games, she will enter the pantheon of FEBs. She is going to be incredibly difficult to pin down when bad.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think it's fairly noticeable that all of those left are pretty good FEBs, actually.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:OK, she did not actually answer it lol. cagey girl, that one. No mention of luck.

Having read the answer, it's pretty clever. She's basically implying none of it was luck.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:OK, she did not actually answer it lol. cagey girl, that one. No mention of luck.

Having read the answer, it's pretty clever. She's basically implying none of it was luck.
Which is really, really arrogant of her.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Wow, she certainly owned the "biggest scumbag=best player" group right there, lol.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S wrote:Wow, she certainly owned the "biggest scumbag=best player" group right there, lol.
Once again, when we say "scumbag," we don't mean "scumbag in real life."

We mean the person who played the hardest.

If you respect someone who lies to you in a game of mafia, you should be able to respect someone who lies to you in a game of Survivor.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Wow, she certainly owned the "biggest scumbag=best player" group right there, lol.
Once again, when we say "scumbag," we don't mean "scumbag in real life."

We mean the person who played the hardest.

If you respect someone who lies to you in a game of mafia, you should be able to respect someone who lies to you in a game of Survivor.
I was quoting her. You can stop lecturing now, k?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

[quote="Opt_Outside"]
[quote="insertnamehere"]

Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in.

There's been a whole lotta talk about honesty, and loyalty, and relationships...

You people don't wanna be seen as nasty game players because a couple of pansies on the jury didn't read the whole "OUTWIT, OUTPLAY, OUTLAST" part, and thought this was a friendship circle.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sorry for that cut/paste abomination. I only cut half of the post, lol.
Opt_Outside wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:

Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in.

There's been a whole lotta talk about honesty, and loyalty, and relationships...

You people don't wanna be seen as nasty game players because a couple of pansies on the jury didn't read the whole "OUTWIT, OUTPLAY, OUTLAST" part, and thought this was a friendship circle.

I'm not like them. The only people I trusted were DH and Speed, and you guys fucked both them and me over. So your "honesty and loyalty" can shove it. In my eyes, you're all a bunch of conniving hypocrites.

And you know what? That's perfectly a-okay with me. This is Survivor. Being a conniving hypocrite is something to appreciate, not condemn.

So, I'm gonna be taking a bit of a different tack than the other jurors. I want you all to tell me the biggest, most manipulative, brutally strategic move that you made to get to the end of this game. Sell me on your scumbaggery. I'm gonna be voting for the biggest liar and manipulator.

INH-

Great question. Simple answer: Golden. I know quin will say that his play with DH was bigger, but let's face it: DH was a giant public threat and a blindside was going to happen there sooner or later. He was a villain (and a damn good one) and I bet a lot of people wanted to see him go. Golden was the hero. Everybody loved golden. Everybody trusted Golden. Everyone was allied with Golden. Once we merged, the first thing everyone said was, "I want to talk to golden!" Everyone's number one. And I blindsided him. My intent was never to be malicious or backstab, but I know that's how it looks to all of you. Yeah, I lied and I betrayed big time. So I'll own that. I'm the biggest scumbag on the final three. I made choices in the moment as best I could. And I played this how I play card games at home- with my head, not my heart.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I voted for opt.

Hard call between opt and quin. I find both very deserving.

But I think quin got lucky that opt suddenly found her heart in the last vote, and I do think he implied lorab didn't deserve to win when I think lorab was playing one of the best games out there.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I voted Sorsha. I think she played with the most integrity, and I appreciate that.

She also had her moments of conniving behind the scenes.

I don't like how Opt is talking her way around things to make herself sound like she did no wrong--I'd feel better if she just admitted to being a FEB. I also don't like how she is underestimating people--and not accounting for the fact that winning challenges is really the only reason that she got to the end. She'd have been voted out had she lost a challenge. And I think her role advantage gave her more than she's giving it credit for.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Voted Opt.

I legitimately forgot Sorsha was playing for long stretches of the game.

If inoffensiveness is what defines integrity, sure, I guess Sorsha qualifies.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Like I said, behind the scenes.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm really pleased that it looks like everyone will get votes and they all get recognised. They all played well, and a close finish will be an exciting finish.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote:Like I said, behind the scenes.
Yeah, sorsha did stuff for sure. I see your game and sorsha's game as similar except I saw more of yours in btsc than hers.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

For utmost suspense, I'm going to ask that no one else say who they voted for in this thread

Thanks y'all! :beer:

notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 13

Post by notsawyer540 »

I'm in a toss-up between opt and sorsha. It was opt who won seven billion immunity challenges, right?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

notsawyer540 wrote:I'm in a toss-up between opt and sorsha. It was opt who won seven billion immunity challenges, right?
Correct. Five in a row.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Five billion.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

notsawyer540 wrote:Five billion.

5 billion and 1. And she had a built in advantage with her role. Strength, I think?

Also, her listing her strategy of saving up energy points is interesting...she never got sick....that's something that's a whole lot easier to do if one never has an additive drain on one's energy. Just saying. If she's not going to credit luck at all.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

People have natural advantages toward particular things in real life too.

Ultimately it came down between one person who I didn't want to win, and didn't think they should win; one person I want to win; and one person I think should win. I voted for the latter.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

something something don't discredit opt's accomplishments something something let the snake eat the rat
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

something something don't make an actual argument something something what about the rat?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Are you saying that I didn't make an actual argument as to why we shouldn't discredit Opt's accomplishments?

If so, I think that's a little ridiculous.

The only significant thing Sorsha can say for her game is "behind the scenes stuff," which seeing as I never had BTSC with Sorsha, is completely irrelevant to me.

People are desperate to draw a forced equivalency by dragging down Opt with fairly pedestrian stuff like "she had a role advantage" and "she didn't attribute any of her success to luck, therefore hypocrite."

I mean, come on. It feels almost personal to me on a level that none of the in-game backstabbing did.

And the snakes/rats thing is a reference to the FTC in the first season of Survivor, which came down to Richard, a savvy conniving manipulator, and Kelly, a well-liked figure who floated from alliance to alliance.

WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Wait, are we on the same side here?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

inh, I think people will vote for whatever game they like in the end. This is season one of Syndicate Survivor - it has to evolve it's own way, not as though it's part of the show continuity. It will be interesting to see what that means if scotty brings it back for season 2 (which I hope he does).
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

notsawyer540 wrote:Wait, are we on the same side here?
Quite possibly.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

But don't say, because scotty wants to keep the suspense.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

I fondly remember watching that episode. Oh, Sue.

And my opinion of whether Opt should win is no more personal than her vote for me yesterday.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Golden wrote:inh, I think people will vote for whatever game they like in the end. This is season one of Syndicate Survivor - it has to evolve it's own way, not as though it's part of the show continuity. It will be interesting to see what that means if scotty brings it back for season 2 (which I hope he does).
I agree that's probably what will happen- people voting for who they like/didn't screw them over, but I personally don't think that's what should happen, and will make my opinion clear on the subject to the degree I am capable of changing others minds.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Survivor Mafia”