Survivor: Mafia [Day 1-3: Atamai Tribe]

Moderator: Community Team

There's a box of colored rocks at treemail! (Pick one per person please)

Maroon
14%

Sandy

14%
Aquamarine
14%

Charcoal

14%
Off-white
14%

Mossy

14%
Chalky
No votes
I'm colorblind (Host/non-player option)
14%

Total votes: 7
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Survivor: Mafia [Night 2]

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:Sounds good S~V~S. Sorsha, why didn't you come forward earlier about being the Fisherman?
I was thinking she had to be that role based on what she said, she got two fish. She did not have to tell us that at all. She could have kept one, given one away for brownie points and not said anything.

You keep looking for reasons to suspect people, but then don't understand when people don't want to come clean when you ask them to.
I'm not looking for reasons to suspect people. I don't believe suspicion is a concept in the game right now, I know this isn't a Mafia game.

I was just asking Sorsha a question whose answer I'm interested in. I don't want to create suspicion, I want to better understand how people are approaching the game, what secrets are good to reveal, and what secrets are better kept hidden. And why.

Sorsha didn't let us know that she is the Fisherman yesterday when I asked...
Long Con wrote:Hey, is that Fisherman guy on our tribe? Maybe if he fishes, we'll get a better yield.
... but today, she volunteered the information. This isn't "suspicious", it's just something I don't understand, so I asked her about it.

And you say I "keep" looking for reasons to suspect people. I think maybe you're misunderstanding the intent of my questions. Off the top of my head - maybe you're referring to asking Quin about why he spent the day "walking on a felled palm tree"? Well, I think his time would have been better spent helping me build a fire. It's not a suspicion - I don't believe that any of us want to work against the tribe. If I question or criticize, it might be because I think we could do better and be stronger. Maybe if Quin had chosen 'fire', I would be eating right now.

Thank you for volunteering, MP. I hate this.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

In the future, if anyone wants me to pick them for BTSC, feel free to ask. I don't think it needs to be secret.

Does it? I'm interested in opinions.
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 30

Post by notsawyer540 »

Long Con wrote:In the future, if anyone wants me to pick them for BTSC, feel free to ask. I don't think it needs to be secret.

Haha, I've put you down days.

Day 1 it was LC and MP
Day 2 it was LC and SVS

Even though I didn't put down SVS the first time, we got BTSC on night 1. It didn't amount to anything though cause we were both busy.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

notsawyer540 wrote:
Long Con wrote:In the future, if anyone wants me to pick them for BTSC, feel free to ask. I don't think it needs to be secret.

Day 1 it was LC and MP
Day 2 it was LC and SVS

Even though I didn't put down SVS the first time, we got BTSC on night 1. It didn't amount to anything though cause we were both busy.
Sorry dude, I'll choose you tomorrow. :hugs:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 79

Post by S~V~S »

notsawyer540 wrote:

Day 1 it was LC and MP
Day 2 it was LC and SVS

Do you know how that happened? We both asked for someone else, but got each other?

@LC, I mainly thought that from they way you reacted to me day 1, thinking I was keeping things from people about the "nimbleness" thing. It's just an overall impression I have had. You seem to be super concerned about people keeping things close to the vest. I think if Sorsha was trying to keep it from us, she would not have shared that she gave her fish to two people on the first day. After talking to you yesterday, I think it is just hard to get rid of paranoia; moreso for some than others. I was mainly pointing it out to you since I was not sure you realized it.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 31

Post by DFaraday »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Guess I should have coordinated my BTSC picks, but I wasn't sure how that was being handled. I didn't send anything in the first day because I hadn't replaced in quite yet. Today I sent in S~V~S and Epi, but I'm guessing neither of them picked me because I got nothing.
I didn't pick anybody.

While BTSC is a great thing to have when you are a civilian in a Mafia game (which this, properly speaking, is not), I completely forgot about it here with everything else that was going on. :shrug:
I also forgot to send it in yesterday.

I'm glad that MP is willing to be the sacrifice the Island demanded, since I don't think any of us really deserve to go at this point.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Episode 3: “I Won't Take it Personally”

“Hi folks!” screamed Scotty Probst, “Welcome to tribal again! Guess you just couldn't get enough of me and my marmot!"

In the darkness, a marmot flew through the air dashing for various bugs.

"Anyway, it's time to vote out another of your own," Probst gestured to his audience.

One by one, the tribe walked up to the confession booth and wrote down a name of a player. After the last person went through the portal, Probst excused himself and dove headfirst into a hole in the ground. The tribe looked stunned. A few seconds later, he emerged from the dias in the back with a jar of votes as if nothing had happened.

“Wow! That was amazing!” hollered MP.

“I know. I know. Now…if anyone has the hidden immunity idol and wishes to play it, you may do so now.”

No one moved.

“Ok. Once the votes are read, the decision will be made and the person will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I’ll read the votes.

1st vote:

2nd vote:

3rd vote:

4th vote:
"That's 4. While that's not exactly majority, no one else voted, so in this case it was.

MP, the tribe has spoken." No sooner had the words left Probst's mouth that a buzzing was heard in the distance. In no time at all, a swarm of locusts came and completely devoured a screaming MovingPictures07 where he sat in his seat.

"One thing you have to do to win Survivor: Mafia," started Scotty Probst, "is survive. Everyone have a good night."

MP was the Teacher:
Teacher, originally from Season 23's South Pacific.

She describes herself as driven, positive and enthusiastic. Her favorite hobbies include swimming with her kids, writing/blogging and baking bread.

If the Student or Teacher ever votes for the other in Tribal Council, they will gain permanent BTSC, provided they are on the same team and neither is eliminated.
Teacher provides an analysis every night in the form of tree-mail.

As long as Student is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Teacher gains the following ability:
???

Your starting wellness levels are as follows:
20 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.

After a strenuous night filled with confusion and annoyance at having to vote out one of their own, Atamai learned through Treemail of the other team’s upheavel.

Boomslang was the third player voted out of Survivor: Mafia!

He was:
Cheerleader, originally from Season 28's Cagayan.

She describes herself as mature, determined and attractive. Her favorite hobbies interior design, working out and dancing.

Cheerleader receives a bonus in all Nimbleness challenges.
Has permanent BTSC with Football Player, as long as both are still alive and on the same tribe.

As long as Football Player is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Cheerleader gains the following ability:
???

Your starting wellness levels are as follows:
20 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.

It is now Day 3. Day will end in 23 hours at Midnight, EST. (I'm back in EST)
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[center]Challenge #3: Getting Dirty [Strength][/center]
7 v 7 Team IMMUNITY AND REWARD challenge
Players square off against another randomly assigned player on the other team to push the other person off the arena into the mud.

Players are given 8 actions- 2 “Hit Lows”, 2 “Hit Highs”, and 4 “Blocks”. Both players will use all 8 actions in whichever order they wish by WRITING IN THREAD and BOLDING your choices. The order and combination of actions dictate the quality of hits.

If a player:
-blocks while the other person hits high/hits low, the attacker rolls a d2.
-hits low while the other player hits high, both players roll a d8.
-hits high while the other player hits high or hits low while the other player hits low, both players roll a d6
-blocks while the other player blocks, both players get 0.

First player to get to 20 points, or whoever has the highest total after using all 8 actions, will knock the other player off the arena (If both players reach/exceed 20 in the same round, win goes to higher number).

First team to reach 4 knock-outs wins immunity for their tribe as well as reward of fishing gear!

**Note that all players will lose 3 energy for participating in this challenge. If a player does not send in actions in a match-up, the opponent wins the knock-out. If neither sends in actions, host will roll for winner.

To sign up, please WRITE IN-THREAD that you wish to participate.

The battle event will be revealed at end of day, and will proceed in the order that people sign up. Once people start signing up, I will edit this post with the matchups.

1. Long Con vs Opt_Outside
2. SVS vs INH
3. Sorsha vs speedchuck
4. DF vs LoRab
5. Quin vs DH
6. notsawyer vs DrWilgy
7. Epignosis vs Golden

Good luck!

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 40

Re: Survivor: Mafia [Day 3]

Post by Quin »

This sounds like a lot of guesswork. I don't have any strategy in mind. Does anyone have any abilities/advantages like last time?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I ask that when you send in names for potential BTSC during the day, please send it to both Marmot and myself, since he will be in charge of the chat rooms from now on. Thanks!

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bye MP thanks for your sacrifice

OK I think I may have to sit this one out. Not sure. I got sick during the night. So not sure if that would affect my ability to participate? Or if Faraday can heal me during the phase.

If not my energy is at 19.

Per what I said yesterday I am going to go fishing. But fyi apparently being sick makes your thirst level decrease so I need water and hope someone goes to the well.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I will keep you watered, SVS.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

There was a joke in there somewhere, but it got too dirty.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Bye MP thanks for your sacrifice

OK I think I may have to sit this one out. Not sure. I got sick during the night. So not sure if that would affect my ability to participate? Or if Faraday can heal me during the phase.

Per what I said yesterday I am going to go fishing. But fyi apparently being sick makes your thirst level decrease so I need water and hope someone goes to the well.
I've got the crud too. If I don't get help, there won't ever be any need to vote me off the island. :(

On top of that, I apparently overexerted myself yesterday building shelter, and my energy is drained to almost half of what it was. :(
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sorry to hear that, guys. Time for DFaraday to earn his keep. DF, can you tell us all the details about healing?

I will sign up for as many slots in this challenge as I can. My Strength bonus means I roll d10 and d8, instead of d8 and d6.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I think I will not block at all, or maybe just block for the first time. I might just hit Low 8 times in a row.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:I think I will not block at all, or maybe just block for the first time. I might just hit Low 8 times in a row.
Mr. host man says you have to block four times.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Host:

Do our sick people have a disadvantage in today's challenge?

If they get healed by DFaraday, are they instantly better?

What are the effects of sickness?

How do we regain energy?

What are the effects of shelter?

What are the effects of fire?

How much water do we have? How much food do we have?

How much water do we need to drink each day? Does one fish equal one hunger point, or does fish-eating put us right back up to maximum?

Did our shelter get finished? Did our fire get started?

I want to stop guessing.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:I think I will not block at all, or maybe just block for the first time. I might just hit Low 8 times in a row.
Mr. host man says you have to block four times.
Oh, I see. I think I'll just randomize it then:

Block
Hit high
Block
Hit low
Block
Hit low
Block
Hit high

Ended up looking patterned, but it was generated on random.org.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:

I've got the crud too. If I don't get help, there won't ever be any need to vote me off the island. :(
I think I will not choose you for BTSC tonight, out of fear of getting sick. I hope you understand. Maybe tomorrow night, if you feel better.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Shelter better be done after what I went through building it. Plus it's not on the list of options.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I think I will not choose you for BTSC tonight, out of fear of getting sick. I hope you understand. Maybe tomorrow night, if you feel better.
I don't think food poisoning is contagious.

Would love to know what the hell I ate to get sick. :suspish:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:OK I think I may have to sit this one out. Not sure. I got sick during the night. So not sure if that would affect my ability to participate? Or if Faraday can heal me during the phase.

Epi says his energy is depleted by half. I would say that he has a better reason to sit out than you, if you still have 19.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, I gave my fish away, and my hunger dropped a point, so I didn't eat anything either. I think it is just "sick".

And good questions, LC! Although the shelter is off the list, and the fires needs stoking, not building, both good signs. Lets not let the fire go out :)

LInki, agreed, especially since he is sick as well. I just wanted clarity on how sickness affects energy, like are sick people weaker?

I will look at the options and try to decide action order, or maybe random is just better?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Maybe I'd get a bonus for vomiting on my opponent. :shrug2:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Wait - the first to 20 points wins. So maybe it makes more sense to use the hits first, and then block four times?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:Sorry to hear that, guys. Time for DFaraday to earn his keep. DF, can you tell us all the details about healing?

I will sign up for as many slots in this challenge as I can. My Strength bonus means I roll d10 and d8, instead of d8 and d6.
I'm sorry, there was a host error: no player will be sitting- every player will be participating once, since you only have 7 players. I foolishly copy/pasted Mamana's clarifications in here. It should be fixed now.

Either way, I have Long Con signed up first.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, I would like opinions as to best order before making it official. But I am game :D
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Sorsha »

I think I'm going to go semi random. Like block-high-low-block-high-low-block-block... or something about like that.

I'm down to 15 energy, my thirst hasn't changed and my hunger is down by two.

I'll go fishing today and I should get three fish, let me know who is low on hunger.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am hoping having the shelter will help us with energy, but maybe people with lower levels should take naps?

I am looking for some input from the logic perspective on action orders. Is there some sort of logic rule that would govern this, or is random good enough? Looking at you, Epi, bringer of the last logic scroll.

Also, yeah, people put their hunger levels. I am at 13, so I am giving my fish away today should I get one.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm at 18 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 8 Hunger. I think Epi should take a nap today... or at least stoke the fire if he doesn't want to do that.

I'd really like to know the effects of each choice. Does a nap replenish energy? Does it take away energy to stoke the fire? DFaraday, did your walk in the wading pool affect your stats at all? Quin, how about the felled palm tree - stats effect? Did you get anything out of it?

We need information!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con wrote:Wait - the first to 20 points wins. So maybe it makes more sense to use the hits first, and then block four times?
I know Epi is the Logic Master, but I tried a little bit with my inferior brain.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:
Long Con wrote:Wait - the first to 20 points wins. So maybe it makes more sense to use the hits first, and then block four times?
I know Epi is the Logic Master, but I tried a little bit with my inferior brain.
Stop you :hugs: , you and Epi are both better logicians than I. I am just seeking more than one approach, in order to figure the best approach since I don't have a strength bonus.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

:haha:

I don't know if the official order is somethign we PM or something we post. I haven't PMed anything, but as of now, my official order will be:

Hit Low
Hit High
Hit Low
Hit High
Block
Block
Block
Block
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote::haha:

I don't know if the official order is somethign we PM or something we post. I haven't PMed anything, but as of now, my official order will be:

Hit Low
Hit High
Hit Low
Hit High
Block
Block
Block
Block
You can just post as you just did in thread. No need to Pm at all for this challenge! :beer:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:I am hoping having the shelter will help us with energy, but maybe people with lower levels should take naps?

I am looking for some input from the logic perspective on action orders. Is there some sort of logic rule that would govern this, or is random good enough? Looking at you, Epi, bringer of the last logic scroll.

Also, yeah, people put their hunger levels. I am at 13, so I am giving my fish away today should I get one.
I have to think about this, but off the top of my head I don't think there's any way to soundly strategize on this one. Maybe if you got into some complex game theory stuff, I don't know.

As for my levels, they are low and will continue to get lower unless I get help, but I don't have any intention on being conservative right now with them.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, hopefully we find out what Faraday can do for us. If he can do for only one of us, I think I am stronger than you, so you should be healed first for sure. These are my levels, I am in pretty good shape, I chose the no energy option for the first days challenge:

19 Energy, 9 Thirst, and 13 Hunger.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FYI: 12 Energy, 9 Thirst, and 7 Hunger and counting.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Remember to state in thread that you are participating and I will slot you in. Otherwise, I'm randomizing the order.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:FYI: 12 Energy, 9 Thirst, and 7 Hunger and counting.
You're on the fish list. Sorsha or I will get you.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote:Remember to state in thread that you are participating and I will slot you in. Otherwise, I'm randomizing the order.
Can I state participation without giving a hit order?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
I'll probably throw it up. Don't we have some dry toast around here? :pout:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
I'll probably throw it up. Don't we have some dry toast around here? :pout:
I don't think so. But you gotta try to eat!

Also I think LC is the last person, not counting me, not to have eaten?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Host: will you answer my questions, or are they things you do not wish to tell us more about?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Scotty wrote:I foolishly copy/pasted Mamana's clarifications in here.
On a side note, we now have the other tribe's name: Mamana!
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:
Scotty wrote:Remember to state in thread that you are participating and I will slot you in. Otherwise, I'm randomizing the order.
Can I state participation without giving a hit order?
Yep! Just as long as you give an action-order at some point today as well.
Long Con wrote:Host: will you answer my questions, or are they things you do not wish to tell us more about?
The answers to those questions are for me to know and you to find out :meany:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Long Con wrote:
Scotty wrote:I foolishly copy/pasted Mamana's clarifications in here.
On a side note, we now have the other tribe's name: Mamana!
That has been made apparent since Night 1, silly Con

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thanks Scotty Probst!

I will participate in the challenge.

Hit order to follow
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Sorsha »

I'm also participating in the challenge

Block
Low hit
High hit
Block
High hit
Low hit
Block
Block
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Someone asked this in the other thread and I want to reiterate it here:
If a team gets 4 points right off the bat, the 5th-7th bouts will not happen, and the players in those bouts will not be penalized energy

Return to “Survivor Mafia”