25%

Total votes: 8
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 28
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Survivor: Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Long Con »

Come on Scotty Probst! Let's get some o' dem results! :grin: :grin: I hope the waiting period here indicates they took a lot longer to look. :srsnod:
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:Come on Scotty Probst! Let's get some o' dem results! :grin: :grin: I hope the waiting period here indicates they took a lot longer to look. :srsnod:
He never lets us know before the end of phase post.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Epignosis »

Opt_Outside wrote:What about notsawyer and epi? Would you be down for btsc?
Sure. We can have a pow wow.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 20

Post by speedchuck »

Looking forward to chatting a bit, Golden, LC. Note that I can't get on Chatzy at work, so it'll be early and later.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I have the day off tomorrow so worry not!
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 23
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

"Too Many Cooks Spoil the Broth"
"Drop your buffs"

Long Con was fuming. "You kiss your mother with that mouth, Probst?"

"I don't kiss and tell," smarmed Scotty Probst.

The tribes had switched, and, for most, they were welcoming of their newcomers, like East and West Berlin was after 1991. It was a new day, and tribes quickly became acclimated to each other. Everyone continued on as if they had always been a tribe of dysfunctional frienemies.

At camp, the tribe went about the daily routines.
speedchuck stoked the fire and kept it going. It sure was nice to have some warmth still.
After successfully building the shelter on Day 1, it was seeing some normal wear and tear and had fallen down. Though it didn't require much handiwork, it got it: Long Con, notsawyer and Epignosis put on their construction hats and rebuilt it from scratch. Whereas before it was a fancy LaQuinta Inn, they turned it into a miniature Taj Mahal! Fantastic work, guys!
OptOut and Golden retrieved more water for the tribe, keeping the tribe well hydrated.
Sorsha got to work looking for some rare fish in the ocean. She came back with 2 fish!

"When are they going to fight to the death?" Asked Little Suzie, 9, a viewer from the Minneapolis region.
"Go to bed, it's midnight!" said Suzie's overbearing mother.

Treemail just had a little " :grin: " face on it. The bastards. The tribe would learn that there would be no immunity challenge for either tribe, and both would have to go to Tribal Council.

“Not this shit again,” groaned Epi.

"I'm so tired of tribal council. I'm tired of voting people out. Why can't we just sleep?" asked Sorsha.

The challenge today? Battleship, of sorts. Hiding items in the sand for the other team to find.
"Oh, like Candyland? I loved Candyland!" nudged Golden.
"No. More like...Battleship. You know, the game Battleship?" corrected OptOut.
"Yay Candyland!" boomed notsawyer.
"Sure...Candyland," sighed OptOut.

At first, the tribe began spouting off numbers as if at a live auction, before settling into a groove.
The other tribe decided the best strategy was to pick straws and go in an orderly fashion like a line at a deli counter.
It seemed to be going well for both tribes. On the other side of the beach, the Atamai tribe was down to Mamana's last hidden item- the pot. It was revealed that the pot contained an immunity idol. On both sides, teams uncovered their pots and immunity idols- Golden on team Mamana, and INH on team Atamai.

As for the final number of guesses?

Atamai reigned victorious with 26 total guesses. A grand 8 less than Mamana's 34. It was relatively close, and both teams did well. Just...one team did better than the other.

Every player on Atamai is cured of any ailments and receives food & drink to refill 1 thirst and 2 hunger!

Mamana, I got nothing for you.

I will see you all at your own separate tribal council tonight, where you will vote off another player from your tribe.
As a reminder, Golden and INH are exempt from votes in tonight's tribal council.

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours to vote someone out at Tribal Council. Night will end at Midnight, EST.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh no, they kicked our asses! Damn yo. :disappoint:
notsawyer540
The Mark
Posts in topic: 46

Post by notsawyer540 »

Too many people thought it was a race. Oh well. Vote for me. I don't have time to keep up with multiple games any more, and even though I was looking forward to this one the most, I'm least invested in it at this point. I wish you guys the best.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Or lynch the person who suggested staying away from the edges.

Nobody guns for the edges.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

notsawyer540 wrote:Too many people thought it was a race. Oh well. Vote for me. I don't have time to keep up with multiple games any more, and even though I was looking forward to this one the most, I'm least invested in it at this point. I wish you guys the best.
:eek: Dude...

...are you sticking around The Syndicate for a bit at least?

To everyone: This guy's a friend I met in Real Life. Want him to stay.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:Or lynch the person who suggested staying away from the edges.

Nobody guns for the edges.
Who is that, Epi?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I felt 34 moves was competitive. 26 is ridiculous. They may have had a challenge advantage over us. If anyone thinks there were a spare 8 moves in there... I don't know where.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

IDK who we'd vote out. But I have a couple Army buddies visiting for spring break and the only time I can come on here for the next week is after I drink them under the table.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

The other team got lucky on that challenge. If ya'll think we'd be more inclined to keep my willpower bonus around then I'd be more than happy to stick around, but if somone has to go, then I don't want do impede the rest of you in your future endeavors. I was originally going to vote for the original Mamana members since we outnumber them. So vote for me or vote for Opt_Outside. That's where my vote is going. He/she was around during the challenge, but didn't participate iirc.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Opt_Outside »

notsawyer540 wrote:The other team got lucky on that challenge. If ya'll think we'd be more inclined to keep my willpower bonus around then I'd be more than happy to stick around, but if somone has to go, then I don't want do impede the rest of you in your future endeavors. I was originally going to vote for the original Mamana members since we outnumber them. So vote for me or vote for Opt_Outside. That's where my vote is going. He/she was around during the challenge, but didn't participate iirc.
Seriously? I said I'd be around throughout the day to check in but I didn't have a whole lot of time and that's why I weighed in on strategy before the challenge started. You're the one who just said "too many people thought it was a race" which is exactly why when I checked in I didn't want to start throwing a bunch of random guesses. I weighed in where I could. I threw one guess and it was a miss- by the time I refreshed the page people had covered all of the bases I was about to suggest. There were already too many cooks in the kitchen- as someone also already stated. What would you have preferred I do? Added 10 more unnecessary guesses to our score?
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Opt_Outside wrote:
notsawyer540 wrote:The other team got lucky on that challenge. If ya'll think we'd be more inclined to keep my willpower bonus around then I'd be more than happy to stick around, but if somone has to go, then I don't want do impede the rest of you in your future endeavors. I was originally going to vote for the original Mamana members since we outnumber them. So vote for me or vote for Opt_Outside. That's where my vote is going. He/she was around during the challenge, but didn't participate iirc.
Seriously? I said I'd be around throughout the day to check in but I didn't have a whole lot of time and that's why I weighed in on strategy before the challenge started. You're the one who just said "too many people thought it was a race" which is exactly why when I checked in I didn't want to start throwing a bunch of random guesses. I weighed in where I could. I threw one guess and it was a miss- by the time I refreshed the page people had covered all of the bases I was about to suggest. There were already too many cooks in the kitchen- as someone also already stated. What would you have preferred I do? Added 10 more unnecessary guesses to our score?
lol sorry. Now that I've seen your avatar I remember that. I literally just looked at your name and remembered you being here but not doing much. It's not personal, but it is in our best interest to vote for ya'll. Feel free to vote for me if you want though. I'm pulling kind of a dick move on you and don't really care if I get eliminated myself, but it's in the best interest of my original tribe members to get rid of the rest of you. You've been the enemy from day 1 after all. Nothing personal.
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Opt_Outside »

All right, well I want to be here. And I hope that my fellow tribe members will agree that it's actually in your best interests to keep around someone who is committed to playing this game. Not someone who isn't fussed either way. Because someone like that will drop the ball when you're counting on them. I love survivor. I joined this site specifically to play this game and it would suck to go before someone who doesn't care either way.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Despite Opt_Outside's characterization, I am committed and I do care about playing this game. I haven't dropped the ball, and despite the fact that we were defeated, we still scored impressively on the challenge partially due to me. If you're from my original tribe, this is our one chance to ensure that we outnumber these guys till the merger.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

But vote for me if you want. As excited as I was for this game, it took to long to start and life has gotten in the way. Eliminating me will just take one thing off my plate.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

too* long
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't love these developments. I don't feel like this should be us vs them. To my perspective notsawyer was really helpful today and I guess I'm disappointed by this chain of events. I wasn't intending to vote sawyer but I feel like it's most important that we are unified.
Golden
The Coward

Re: Survivor: Mafia [Night 4]

Post by Golden »

And I'll admit I was a little bummed by the 'we treated it like a race' comment. I don't think that was fair.
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

Golden wrote:And I'll admit I was a little bummed by the 'we treated it like a race' comment. I don't think that was fair.
You would. If we eliminate the original tribe members, you'll go too
notsawyer540
The Mark

Post by notsawyer540 »

What I'm saying is either vote for me and get me out or get one of the other people out and then vote for me so you have some insurance that they can't take over before the merger.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Well, I had a real stressful day today and my funnest part of the day by a mile was doing this challenge with you guys and I thought you really contributed to that and I thought we were working really well together. That's all.

I'm going to be here tomorrow, so I'm not fearing for my skin. But I am bummed that you went straight into the blame game. I'm guessing we are still going to both be around, and I hope we'd work together well again if that is so.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh well, what will be will be. But if you want to stay and want to work effectively together tomorrow, lets be up front about that and lets do it in unity.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Not appreciative of all the retained animosity. :( We're a tribe now. Deal with it.

I do NOT want to lynch Opt_Outside. He/She is gifted with strength. That could be valuable in challenges to come. Not to mention that they've been very involved since D1.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Sorsha »

I don't think anyone treated it like a race. We had 12 hours to guess, I don't know about you guys but I don't have time to sit around and discuss each selection and take the whole 12 hours for it. We took turns guessing and only did around 4 at a time. :shrug: I thought it went fairly well except for us losing of course.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote:Not appreciative of all the retained animosity. :( We're a tribe now. Deal with it.

I do NOT want to lynch Opt_Outside. He/She is gifted with strength. That could be valuable in challenges to come. Not to mention that they've been very involved since D1.
I am also gifted with Strength.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:Not appreciative of all the retained animosity. :( We're a tribe now. Deal with it.

I am also gifted with Strength.
Was anyone else on the old tribe strong? Otherwise, we have all the strong people, and that's pretty good.
Same question for puzzle-solving. Me, Golden, and DH are puzzle solvers.

Trying to play to the tribe's strengths here. Maybe we can get some immunity next time.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

1. Epignosis -
2. Opt_Outside - strong
3. Long Con - strong
4. speedchuck - good with puzzles
5. notsawyer540 - got dat willpower yo
6. Golden - immune, good with puzzles
7. Sorsha -

Our choices, ladies and gentlemen. If more people were to say things, that would be nice. For the record, we ARE a tribe. We worked through this puzzle challenge to win FOR EACH OTHER, potentially trying to screw our old teammates over. Until teams switch again, we are a tribe, old allegiances be damned. We need to make a choice that helps us move forward as a tribe.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Sorsha »

I catch lots of fish, if the fire is burning I have better luck.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

That's enough to put sorsha on my definitely not list.

My hunger is sinking low.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'll just say it.

Currently, I don't want to kick out:
Opt_Outside
Long Con
Golden - immune anyway
Sorsha

We need some people to come in here and help make a unanimous decision, else we may enter tomorrow with worse feelings brewing in the tribe. In the name of unity.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

speedchuck wrote:I'll just say it.

Opt_Outside
Long Con
Golden - immune anyway
Sorsha

We need some people to come in here and help make a unanimous decision, else we may enter tomorrow with worse feelings brewing in the tribe. In the name of unity.
So, speedchuck, Epignosis, or notsawyer are the choices.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Long Con wrote:
speedchuck wrote:I'll just say it.

Opt_Outside
Long Con
Golden - immune anyway
Sorsha

So, speedchuck, Epignosis, or notsawyer are the choices.
:doh: I mean, I wasn't trying to suggest myself, but you get my picture.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LC, as someone who is friends with notsawyer - can you give me insight?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

speedchuck wrote:1. Epignosis -
2. Opt_Outside - strong
3. Long Con - strong
7. Sorsha -

Our choices, ladies and gentlemen. If more people were to say things, that would be nice. For the record, we ARE a tribe. We worked through this puzzle challenge to win FOR EACH OTHER, potentially trying to screw our old teammates over. Until teams switch again, we are a tribe, old allegiances be damned. We need to make a choice that helps us move forward as a tribe.
I would prefer to vote out redundant skills.

I can find out what's going on with the other tribe and potentially deceive them.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
2. Opt_Outside - strong
3. Long Con - strong
7. Sorsha -

I can find out what's going on with the other tribe and potentially deceive them.
Have you done that before? Why didn't you get us advantages when you were on Atamai?
Golden wrote:LC, as someone who is friends with notsawyer - can you give me insight?
I'm not sure what kind of insight you're looking for, can you be more specific?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Does he really feel like he should go? What was his post-challenge reaction about?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Golden wrote:Does he really feel like he should go? What was his post-challenge reaction about?
That surprised me as much as you, unfortunately. :shrug:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
2. Opt_Outside - strong
3. Long Con - strong
7. Sorsha -

Have you done that before? Why didn't you get us advantages when you were on Atamai?
I only get it once, so no. As to your second question, I didn't see the use in gaining BTSC when anybody could get it- it didn't seem important to me. It wasn't until Battleship that I realized that it might have some potential use in tricking the other tribe somehow.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh, a one-timer, eh? Ok.

Return to “Survivor Mafia”