42%

Total votes: 12
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 128

Re: Survivor: Mafia [Night 4]

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:
LoRab wrote:Yes, exactly. So saying that no one looked up considered any strategies is not an accurate statement.
I kind of meant it the other way, as a defense of Quin, but yeah, I see your point :ponder:

And see, this is what I meant by hostility; not "hostile" per se, but both of our lynches were no brainers, a complete zero posts no show and a volunteer. We had no discussion or strife or accusations of *any* kind either time. I will think about it and do what is right for the tribe so going forward we can better come together.

I knew this was coming eventually, but I don't have to like it.
I understand where you're coming from. But Quin has made some very unconvincing arguments that I think need to be handled. You want less hostility, and I agree. I asked DF ad Quin to state their cases, and Quin's response was pretty hostile.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DFaraday »

LoRab wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
LoRab wrote:Yes, exactly. So saying that no one looked up considered any strategies is not an accurate statement.
I kind of meant it the other way, as a defense of Quin, but yeah, I see your point :ponder:

And see, this is what I meant by hostility; not "hostile" per se, but both of our lynches were no brainers, a complete zero posts no show and a volunteer. We had no discussion or strife or accusations of *any* kind either time. I will think about it and do what is right for the tribe so going forward we can better come together.

No brainers would be nice. Neither of ours were like that, as we described.

But in looking in the difference in responses to DH's post between DF and Quin, I see most of the hostility in the conversation for this tribal coming from Quin.

As I have said, I'm keeping my word to the people I have said I will protect.
Did literally everybody in Manamana swear an oath not to vote for each other? Because it seems statistically improbable that the four who apparently can't vote each other ever all got sent to our camp.

I don't really care whether Quin or DH contributed more to the challenges. This phase has already revealed that in DH's mind, there is his chosen few, and there are the rest of us. By immediately framing the lynch as a choice between myself and Quin, he's made clear that the good of the group is not an option. I do not accept that paradigm. :noble:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DFaraday wrote:
LoRab wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

But in looking in the difference in responses to DH's post between DF and Quin, I see most of the hostility in the conversation for this tribal coming from Quin.

Did literally everybody in Manamana swear an oath not to vote for each other? Because it seems statistically improbable that the four who apparently can't vote each other ever all got sent to our camp.

I don't really care whether Quin or DH contributed more to the challenges. This phase has already revealed that in DH's mind, there is his chosen few, and there are the rest of us. By immediately framing the lynch as a choice between myself and Quin, he's made clear that the good of the group is not an option. I do not accept that paradigm. :noble:
You and Quin seem to think that your being on my list has nothing to do with the betterment of the tribe. If you can suggest to me how a vote for someone else would make the tribe better, I will listen. But Quin hasn't done that, instead inventing a reason to attack me.

Faraday, in your view, who makes this tribe the weakest?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

DharmaHelper wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
LoRab wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

You and Quin seem to think that your being on my list has nothing to do with the betterment of the tribe. If you can suggest to me how a vote for someone else would make the tribe better, I will listen. But Quin hasn't done that, instead inventing a reason to attack me.

Faraday, in your view, who makes this tribe the weakest?
It clearly doesn't have to do with the betterment of the tribe. You started this phase going, "Well, INH, Elohcin, and Lorab are right out...so, Quin or DF? Who is most detrimental?" That you looked for reasons to justify one of us after doesn't change the fact that you framed this as a choice between me and Quin and nobody else.

In my view, anyone who is not willing to cooperate as a team is most detrimental. I haven't heard anything from Elohcin and INH, so right now, either you or Lorab are the weak link if you insist on making the three of us (because obviously SVS is next) enemies.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

So you criticize me for picking two people who weren't in my original tribe by picking two people who weren't in yours.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 35

Post by insertnamehere »

DharmaHelper wrote:So you criticize me for picking two people who weren't in my original tribe by picking two people who weren't in yours.
Aaaand that's where Quin and DF's argument falls apart for me.

Literally everyone on this tribe is playing for self-interest now. At least DH and company are being honest about it.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 79

Post by S~V~S »

Faraday, we have to be realistic and do what we have to do.

And INH, not so condescending, OK? You guys came over here, and have us by the shorts. We have to push back a little.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 21

Re: Survivor: Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Elohcin »

I've been verybusy this morning, forgive me for not being around. My thoughts are below.
DharmaHelper wrote:I think you're confused Quin. I'm not singling you out, and I've definitely not settled on my vote yet, but you have to look at things from my perspective, if you wouldn't mind:

1. INH, Lorab, and Eloh are all 3 former tribemates of mine that I gave my word on Mamana's beach I would look out for as long as they looked out for me. I don't intend to break my word, and I wouldn't ask that of anyone on this beach.

2. SVS Was instrumental in getting the ball rolling for this challenge, and I haven't initially considered her for a vote

3. I don't know your dynamic, or your records in terms of participation, contribution, etc. That's why I've asked.
It's basically just a "by process of elimination" thing. I don't think DH means any meanness by calling you out. I have to agree with his thought process on all fronts.

Lorab, thanks for mentioning that DH search was not selfish. That's what I was thinking when quin brought that up.

I don't like the hostility come from quin as he Converses with DH.

Also, I picked honesty. I only lied once all game and it was to boomslang who went out night one. He was shady and I told him in BTSC I would not vote him, but I did. I had to for the betterment of our tribe. He deliberately lied to me in BTSC and was not open about other things. After he left, I was open about it in the thread though and have been honest ever since. You can all trust me to be honest with you.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, I am gonna bite the bullet here and do what I have to do for the good of all of us going forward. New peeps are now part of Atamai and Atamai FTW. While the people I would have preferred to lynch from original Atamai are all, I'm going to guess, over at mamama lynching *your* former teammates, for us to be able to pull together and win every challenge from here on in, we need to be cohesive.

I don't want to lose another person after this, any of the *SIX* of us remaining, not just Faraday and I, unless it is 100% necessary. We are going to win every immunity challenge.

I know what I am going to have to do in the end, and you need to do it too, Faraday, you know I am right.

Just an fyi, when we did the stone challenge, Faraday hated the idea of sending in a black stone, so negative, standing for self interest and greed (I would not be surprised if Golden or Eloh did/said something similar), but he did it becasue he understood the stakes.

I just want guarantees from the Newcomers that, going forward, we judge each circumstance on merit and value to the team, and not on where your original PM placed you on an imaginary map. I realize you all pledged to each other, and we did the same. And for the sake of peace you are asking us to break that pledge, and even in some cases with the gall to blame us for not liking it and trying to push back against the new majority. I am willing to do it. But I don't want to be faced with this voting bloc again presented as a given. Am I clear here? We'll cooperate, but we want some quid pro quo going forward.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I feel like if we just rip the bandaid off and get this ugly business behind us, we can move forward as a tribe.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think I am having a problem getting past the Lucille and Negan imagery, tbh. I started to write "lol" but not so sure it is a lol. It's hard to trust a grinning Negan saying, "Maybe you're right".

Is this something you were doing in your other thread, too?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:I think I am having a problem getting past the Lucille and Negan imagery, tbh. I started to write "lol" but not so sure it is a lol. It's hard to trust a grinning Negan saying, "Maybe you're right".

Yes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S wrote:I think I am having a problem getting past the Lucille and Negan imagery, tbh. I started to write "lol" but not so sure it is a lol. It's hard to trust a grinning Negan saying, "Maybe you're right".

It's something he's been doing literally nonstop.

I vacillate hourly on whether it's charming, annoying, or unsettling.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S wrote:OK, I am gonna bite the bullet here and do what I have to do for the good of all of us going forward. New peeps are now part of Atamai and Atamai FTW. While the people I would have preferred to lynch from original Atamai are all, I'm going to guess, over at mamama lynching *your* former teammates, for us to be able to pull together and win every challenge from here on in, we need to be cohesive.

I don't want to lose another person after this, any of the *SIX* of us remaining, not just Faraday and I, unless it is 100% necessary. We are going to win every immunity challenge.

I know what I am going to have to do in the end, and you need to do it too, Faraday, you know I am right.

Just an fyi, when we did the stone challenge, Faraday hated the idea of sending in a black stone, so negative, standing for self interest and greed (I would not be surprised if Golden or Eloh did/said something similar), but he did it becasue he understood the stakes.

I just want guarantees from the Newcomers that, going forward, we judge each circumstance on merit and value to the team, and not on where your original PM placed you on an imaginary map. I realize you all pledged to each other, and we did the same. And for the sake of peace you are asking us to break that pledge, and even in some cases with the gall to blame us for not liking it and trying to push back against the new majority. I am willing to do it. But I don't want to be faced with this voting bloc again presented as a given. Am I clear here? We'll cooperate, but we want some quid pro quo going forward.
I'm assuming, based on this post, and his exclusion from your vision of the future, you want us to vote for Quin.

Follow up question: Did anyone on Atamai find the Hidden Immunity Idol, to your knowledge?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

insertnamehere wrote:

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote:

I am gonna vote "unsettling".

And as far as I know, no, no one did find an idol. If they did they did not say it, either in thread or in BTSC. Both Epi & LC went exploring but did not say if they found anything, and Faraday said he found a shell, I think. None of us ever even took a nap, we mostly worked.

And I am assuming YOU all want to lynch Quin, since that is what all of you have been saying. I am "excluding him from my vision of the future" since I feel fucking horrible for throwing him under the bus for, basically, living in Australia. But I don't want to die, Faraday is the doctor, and you four are a monolith, right?

I already feel like shit, you want to rub my nose in it, too?

Who do YOU want to lynch?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Survivor: Mafia [Day 4]

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:Before I go to bed, just a few more points:

Quin, if your main argument is "I'm only concerned with votes that strengthen the tribe" then I have to say I don't believe you. I give you and Faraday the opportunity to make your case, and instead of doing that, you twist and contort and turn to try and say that I should be the one to be voted out? You say I disregarded your contributions, but rather than make a case for yourself to stay, you argue that my own contributions were irrelevant?

If your vote was really about making the tribe stronger, you wouldn't have brought me up. I made very significant contributions to this task, which won us food and cured our sickness. Aside from my personal contributions, I showed that I could work well as a team with SVS, DF, and yourself when I worked to catch people up on the strategy, keep people informed of the picks, etc. That's pretty fuckin' strong.

What you're proposing sounds like Survivor's version of a No U, which doesn't seem like a strong argument, nor does it seem like it strengthens the tribe.
DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

I understand where you're coming from. But Quin has made some very unconvincing arguments that I think need to be handled. You want less hostility, and I agree. I asked DF ad Quin to state their cases, and Quin's response was pretty hostile.
LoRab wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:All you've done is reiterate the same debunked contributions. You did nothing today that anybody else either didn't already or couldn't do. You've also proved that you're completely untrustworthy as a tribemate. Strength of integrity matters just as much as challenge ability.
Sometimes, it's the reverse.

In fact, DH has demonstrated integrity in keeping his word to people to whom he has given his word. Are you suggesting that he go back on his word and break promises? Is taking back a promise to protect another individual how you define trustworthiness?
Quin wrote:Your dishonesty and hierarchy are making this tribe look pretty weak right now.
I disaagree, Quin. :kadaj: I think our openness and loyalty is what makes this tribe strong.
Here are several posts that make me think you all want to lynch Quin. Plus, like, the entire thread since the post.

DO NOT try to put this on me, like I want to do this. DH and LoRab know how I am. That would not be pretty. Don't you imply I am voluntarily bussing my teammate, please.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I guess it all seems a little contrived how Quin came into the thread, stirred up a whole bunch of shit out of nowhere, and put a massive target on his back.

Quin wasn't really on anybody's radar until after the Reward Challenge, when he barged in like a bull in a china shop.

And there's a Hidden Immunity Idol nobody knows about...

Connecting the dots, I can't help but feel suspicious of how you guys are acting. I'm worried you're going to take out DH, Elo, or Lorab.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

insertnamehere wrote:I guess it all seems a little contrived how Quin came into the thread, stirred up a whole bunch of shit out of nowhere, and put a massive target on his back.

Quin wasn't really on anybody's radar until after the Reward Challenge, when he barged in like a bull in a china shop.

Connecting the dots, I can't help but feel suspicious of how you guys are acting. I'm worried you're going to take out DH, Elo, or Lorab.
That wouldn't be very smart, even if they could make it a 3-3 split. Preaching all this tribal unity and trying to pull one over on the tribe in the process would destroy the trust SVS, DFaraday, and Quin allegedly wished to build.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

insertnamehere wrote:I guess it all seems a little contrived how Quin came into the thread, stirred up a whole bunch of shit out of nowhere, and put a massive target on his back.

I can't answer for him, but I don't have the idol, and if he does he never told me about it.

I am trying to make the best of a bad situation. I got up and read the thread, saw which way the wind blew, talked to DH, and made a decision.

And now I am off work, should be back in about an hour. Probably off tomorrow since we are apparently having the Snowpocalypse where I live.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

DharmaHelper wrote:So you criticize me for picking two people who weren't in my original tribe by picking two people who weren't in yours.
I only picked you two because you two made it clear that you won't vote for anyone in your bloc. But if like SVS says we can work something out, that'd be great.
S~V~S wrote:OK, I am gonna bite the bullet here and do what I have to do for the good of all of us going forward. New peeps are now part of Atamai and Atamai FTW. While the people I would have preferred to lynch from original Atamai are all, I'm going to guess, over at mamama lynching *your* former teammates, for us to be able to pull together and win every challenge from here on in, we need to be cohesive.

:srsnod:

You don't think any of our behavior is due to you guys effectively saying we are the only people who should be considered for lynching? Nobody from Mañana has shed any light on how much they contributed back on their side.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I'd say we all contributed very well except wilgy and boomslang.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

DF...Your posts and responses today have felt genuine to me. Tell me, Doctor, what are your game powers. Obviously you weren't able to help the Sickies...So I'm curious.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DFaraday wrote:
I only picked you two because you two made it clear that you won't vote for anyone in your bloc. But if like SVS says we can work something out, that'd be great.

You don't think any of our behavior is due to you guys effectively saying we are the only people who should be considered for lynching? Nobody from Mañana has shed any light on how much they contributed back on their side.
I'd feel better if you clarified on the record what "you have to do" and what you "mean".

@Faraday - I contributed to my former tribe In much the same way I contributed here. I served in a leadership role, directing people to the best use of our time/resources during challenges. Actually, my performance in this past challenge was my strongest yet. During the first challenge I took on the puzzle but got caught up in some confusion about the rules/parameters, so I passed it on to Golden. During the challenge with the stones, I initially advocated picking all yellow, since I figured it would be at best a good way to get food and at worst a show of goodwill towards you guys.

In both of those two instances, my strength wasn't necessarily in how I personally approached the challenges, But in my willingness to adapt under pressure and listen to my tribe. In the battleship challenge, I took the reigns in a big way and busted my ass in order to get us across the finish line. So when I hear that I haven't contributed, or that I'm being selfish, or that I don't have my tribes interest at heart, those things directly contradict with what I know to be true.

ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Live together die alone from here on out.
DFaraday wrote:

It's really only Quin whose behavior has been hostile. I haven't had any issue with yours or SVS's. And I do understand the frustration.

And no one asked about relative contribution on our old beach until you did. So, happy to answer. But we all contributed. I don't think anyone was lazy or non-contributing. Everyone was part of challenges, using our skill sets (real and role related) to do our best in challenges. Folks got water and food and resources were shared. A few people took limited naps when their energy was getting low--especially when food poisoning started becoming a factor--but other than that there was good tribe participation. We had a discussion about going exploring in the area, in hopes of finding the idol or other useful things, for the benefit of the tribe as a whole, an a couple of people explored. We came up with a plan to take turns in gathering food v exploring--but then half the tribe got sick, so we abandoned that plan because of immediate needs. Especially after losing that reward challenge.

I can't think of anyone who didn't contribute their fair share in challenges and on the beach.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I do want to echo add that while I didn't include anyone else apart from myself in my answer to your question DF, to my knowledge everyone left on Mamana pulled their weight and contributed in one way or another.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:I do want to echo add that while I didn't include anyone else apart from myself in my answer to your question DF, to my knowledge everyone left on Mamana pulled their weight and contributed in one way or another.
Everyone left = Everyone who wasn't voted out, like Wilgy/Boom.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Elohcin wrote:DF...Your posts and responses today have felt genuine to me. Tell me, Doctor, what are your game powers. Obviously you weren't able to help the Sickies...So I'm curious.
I can target someone each night and remove any sickness they have. I used to have the ability to restore two of each attribute to one player. but I lost that when the Chef arrived here.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

DharmaHelper wrote:
DFaraday wrote:

I'd feel better if you clarified on the record what "you have to do" and what you "mean".

@Faraday - I contributed to my former tribe In much the same way I contributed here. I served in a leadership role, directing people to the best use of our time/resources during challenges. Actually, my performance in this past challenge was my strongest yet. During the first challenge I took on the puzzle but got caught up in some confusion about the rules/parameters, so I passed it on to Golden. During the challenge with the stones, I initially advocated picking all yellow, since I figured it would be at best a good way to get food and at worst a show of goodwill towards you guys.

In both of those two instances, my strength wasn't necessarily in how I personally approached the challenges, But in my willingness to adapt under pressure and listen to my tribe. In the battleship challenge, I took the reigns in a big way and busted my ass in order to get us across the finish line. So when I hear that I haven't contributed, or that I'm being selfish, or that I don't have my tribes interest at heart, those things directly contradict with what I know to be true.
I assume SVS means voting Quin, if that's the only way we can start getting along.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

DFaraday wrote:
Elohcin wrote:DF...Your posts and responses today have felt genuine to me. Tell me, Doctor, what are your game powers. Obviously you weren't able to help the Sickies...So I'm curious.
I can target someone each night and remove any sickness they have. I used to have the ability to restore two of each attribute to one player. but I lost that when the Chef arrived here.
You all had some sickness in your tribe
Did you heal anyone?
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Elohcin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Did you heal anyone?
I healed Epi. Our sickness only showed up one day before you all got here.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
DFaraday wrote:

I meant to make an unpalatable choice and vote for Quin.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

DFaraday wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Did you heal anyone?
I healed Epi. Our sickness only showed up one day before you all got here.
Okay. We had it a couple days/phases or whatever.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I hope the other tribe is having just as much fun.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

LOL

Return to “Survivor Mafia”