Posts in topic: 36
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Survivor: Mafia [Day 4: Atamai Tribe]

Post by Scotty »

SURVIVOR: MAFIA
CONTESTANTS:

-Engineer- sig
Spoiler: show
Engineer, originally from Season 12's Exile Island.

She describes herself as highly adventurous, determined and sexy; a "tomboy in high heels."

When building a fire or shelter, her vote in the day poll counts as 3.
She receives a bonus in all Nimbleness challenges.
As long as Engineer is in the game, ?????
Once in the game, Engineer can change her challenge advantage; this must be made clear by PMing the host at some point during the day of the challenge, and will remain in effect for the rest of the game.

Your starting wellness levels are as follows:
20 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.
-Actor-

-Cheerleader- Boomslang
Cheerleader, originally from Season 28's Cagayan.

She describes herself as mature, determined and attractive. Her favorite hobbies include interior design, working out and dancing.

Cheerleader receives a bonus in all Nimbleness challenges.
Has permanent BTSC with Football Player, as long as both are still alive and on the same tribe.

As long as Football Player is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Cheerleader gains the following ability:
???

-Football Player-

-Student- DrWilgy
Student, originally from Season 11's Guatemala.

She describes herself as enthusiastic, driven and intelligent, a great problem solver and a creative thinker. Her hobbies include skiing, traveling and playing Frisbee with her dog, Toast, who is half golden retriever, half border collie.

If the Student or Teacher ever votes for the other in Tribal Council, they will gain permanent BTSC, provided they are on the same team and neither is eliminated.
Once in the game, she may add herself as a winner to any Reward Challenge: this must be done before the end of day- this does not apply to the entire tribe if her tribe loses the challenge nor can this be applied at the Survivor Auction.

As long as Teacher is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Student gains the following ability:
???

24 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.
-Accountant-

-Chemist-

-Crazy Hillbilly-

-Chef-

-Nurse-

-Fisherman-

-Poker Player-

-Superfan-

-Lawyer-

-Police Officer-

-Construction Worker-

-Army Sergeant-

-Teacher- MovingPictures07
Teacher, originally from Season 23's South Pacific.

She describes herself as driven, positive and enthusiastic. Her favorite hobbies include swimming with her kids, writing/blogging and baking bread.

If the Student or Teacher ever votes for the other in Tribal Council, they will gain permanent BTSC, provided they are on the same team and neither is eliminated.
Teacher provides an analysis every night in the form of tree-mail.

As long as Student is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Teacher gains the following ability:
???

Players
1. Quin - posts
2. DharmaHelper - posts
3. insertnamehere - posts
4. Elohcin - posts
5. S~V~S - posts
6. DFaraday - posts
7. LoRab - posts
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Re: Survivor: Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Scotty »

RULES & PROCEDURES
Rules
1. Outwit. Outplay. Outlast.
2. No being outside-of-game-context mean to people! We're all here to have a fun time, and even though this game is based on a reality show where tensions can run high, personal attacks will not be tolerated.
a. If you are feeling frustrated, posting in thread is likely not a great idea. Oftentimes taking a few hours to do something else can really help your mindset in these situations.
b. If at any point you feel bullied, unwelcome, or uncomfortable, please bring it up to the Moderator on Duty and it will be dealt with.
3. Info-dumping IS ALLOWED. Information is a very important part of Survivor. How you choose to use it is up to you.
4. There will be no replacements in this game. If you aren't feeling your best or are having illusions of another life with commitments elsewhere, then figure something out. You could conceivably make it to the end of this game without doing anything, but you may be a liability to your tribe. If you ask to be replaced, I will not snuff out your torch- I will, however, drink some rum.
5. No talking to other players in regards to the game outside of the game thread, with the exception of your assigned BTSC partners, when designated.
6. This is the host color. Don't use it, please!
a. This is the Moderator on Duty (MoD) color. Don't use it unless you're a MoD. Your MoD for this game is juliets. Message her if you need a talk!
7. Dead players and Non-players MAY NOT POST. There will be a specified area for deadies (and non-players) to talk amongst themselves.
8. For off-topic (non-game related) discussions, use this color (labeled OT in the post-drafting screen). For sarcastic posts, feel free to use this color. For pedantic posts, this is the one to use.

Gameplay
1. Phases are in 24 hour cycles, and are split into Day and Night.
2. Day phases will consist of general camp life and challenges
-Most challenges will take place over the full day period, and some will take place at a set time towards the end of the phase, which will be made apparent at the start of the day.
3. Night phases, should the team not win immunity, will consist of Tribal Council, where one player will be voted out of the tribe at the end of the phase via privately-messaged votes. All ties are to be randomly decided among the tied players.
4. You may not target the same player with a Day or Night power two times in a row. This does not include voting for someone at tribal council.
5. All players have a Hunger, Thirst and Energy level, which will be updated via PM at the start of every Day phase (If you do not receive your updated level for some reason, PM either Marmot or myself)
a. If your hunger or thirst level drops to 0 by the end of a night phase, you will be med-evac'd and officially removed from the game.
b. If your energy drops to 0 at any point, you will still be able to remain in the game, but your ability to perform in challenges may prove to be greatly hindered until you regain energy.
c. Players may never exceed their starting attribute levels. Any excess gained in the game will be wasted.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Episode 4: “Maybe They'll All be Crushed by a Piano”

Slightly exhausted, the tribe sauntered back to camp, ready to enjoy their first real night away from tribal.

"I kinda miss Scotty Probst," Sorsha said longingly.

"What? I don't miss Mr. Hostman," belittled Epi, "or his stinky groundhog."

"I wonder who they're voting off over there?" LC asked.

Just then, notsawyer ran back into camp with Treemail. "I know who got voted out, guys!"

DrWilgy was voted out.

He was the Student:
Student, originally from Season 11's Guatemala.

She describes herself as enthusiastic, driven and intelligent, a great problem solver and a creative thinker. Her hobbies include skiing, traveling and playing Frisbee with her dog, Toast, who is half golden retriever, half border collie.

Once in the game, she may add herself as a winner to any Reward Challenge: this must be done before the end of day- this does not apply to the entire tribe if her tribe loses the challenge nor can this be applied at the Survivor Auction.

As long as Teacher is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Student gains the following ability:
???

24 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.
************************************************************************************************************************
But the tribe didn't get too comfy, because Scotty Probst was seen jetskiing around the inlet.

"What is he doing here?" eyed SVS.

"I heard y'all missed me! So here I am!

And drop your buffs."
The tribes have been shuffled.
Elohcin, LoRab, insertnamehere, and DharmaHelper have been sent to Atamai to join SVS, Quin, and DF starting immediately.
Long Con, notsawyer540, Sorsha and Epignosis have been sent to Mamana to join Opt_Outside, speedchuck, and Golden.
It is now Day 4. Day will end in 24 hours at Midnight, EST.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[center]Challenge #4: Bury the Hatchet [Puzzle solving]
TEAM REWARD, no immunity[/center]

In the game of Survivor, sometimes you can’t let things go, and other times you just need to bury the hatchet.

In this challenge, both teams will hide items in their sand plot, and then attempt to find the other team’s items in the opposing sand plot.

There is a 8x8 grid (A1-H8) and 5 items to hide:
- 1x2 shovel
- 1x1 pot
- 2x2 tribal sign
- 1x3 oar

- 1x2 hatchet

I ask that each team hides their items early by posting in the game thread the desired locations and {dead}ing their choices. Anyone may do this, but as soon as it is buried, it will be locked in.

For example:

"Burying the 1x3 oar in C4-E4"

If items are not buried by 1pm EST, I will pick spots myself. At 1pm EST, players may start guessing where their opponents have buried their items. You must {dead} your selection for it to count.

For example:

H8

The team that uncovers all of the items from their opponent in the smallest amount of searches wins reward. Wanna know what you're playing for? A basket of fruit, meats, and juice specially prepared by local chefs. The reward will cure any ailment, and will restore 1 thirst and 2 hunger to every player on the tribe.

IMPORTANT RULES:

-Buried items may not overlap each other.
-Teams will make plot guesses (A1-H8) during the challenge. The first selection I see from any player on the tribe will count. Selections may not be made from the same player twice in a row.
-I will either respond with MISS or HIT, and will notify in thread when an item was completely uncovered, updating the grid as such.
-I am counting guesses. There is a total of 64 possible guesses for each tribe.

HEADS UP: I have a very busy Sunday so if you don't get a response from me, please be patient. I have 2 threads to manage as well as a real life :omg:

OPPONENT GRID:
[A1] [B1] [C1] [D1] [E1] [F1] [G1] [H1]
[A2] [B2] [C2] [D2] [E2] [F2] [G2] [H2]
[A3] [B3] [C3] [D3] [E3] [F3] [G3] [H3]
[A4] [B4] [C4] [D4] [E4] [F4] [G4] [H4]
[A5] [B5] [C5] [D5] [E5] [F5] [G5] [H5]
[A6] [B6] [C6] [D6] [E6] [F6] [G6] [H6]
[A7] [B7] [C7] [D7] [E7] [F7] [G7] [H7]
[A8] [B8] [C8] [D8] [E8] [F8] [G8] [H8]

Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Quin »

well howdy doo looks like this new tribes gonna be a hoot

Welcome pals. At Atamai, we boast 2 star accommodation and rice with a 60 percent chance of making you sick. We do have fishing gear though. Enjoy your stay.

On the topic of the challenge, if it's anything like the black/yellow stone challenge, there might be people able to read what we're doing here. I considered just leaving the locations completely random and not submitting anything and that way Scotty can randomly assign places for us. It's something, anyway.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DFaraday »

Oy, this starts at noon. That's going to be difficult for me since I have church stuff. I should be able to be around early on though.

Also, I'm glad I get to remain as one of the original Atamaiers. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm going to go fishing today as well. Haven't eaten in a bit.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Uh, 1pm EST is 3am for me. That is probably...not going to work. I'll be around tonight to help strategise but I won't be here for the actual challenge, sorry.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 79

Post by S~V~S »

They probably will not have Golden either since he is in NZ.

I have to reread all of this after coffee.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am gonna Stoke the fire.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

These time zone differences are worse than I thought :p

Going to bed. I looked up a battleship strategy that gives a couple of tips that might help with placement and also searching. Might be a good idea for people to have a look before making any decisions.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am sad we lost Sorsha, but glad we kept Faraday.

Are you still sick, Faraday? I think I still am; my PM didn't say I wasn't. Wonder if any of the nubs are?

Linki, can you link it? Like Epi did with the Prisoners Dilemma?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Or I could, you know, Google it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

http://www.wikihow.com/Win-at-Battleship

I found a few others, but they seemed either the same as this, or the squares strategy, which would only work really if the targets were multispace targets.

This also presumes multispace targets, which we won't have. As a logic puzzle of sorts, Epi will probably be all over this.

I will be around on and off through the rest of the AM, and should be around for the challenge.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 128

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh, hello there.
Lemme catch up on what I've missed and I'll offer my input.

What I would suggest is avoiding corners, since if they hit, the number of possible next targets shrinks if our pieces are corner pieces vs. if they're surrounded by other squares. If that makes sense.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Quin wrote:well howdy doo looks like this new tribes gonna be a hoot

Welcome pals. At Atamai, we boast 2 star accommodation and rice with a 60 percent chance of making you sick. We do have fishing gear though. Enjoy your stay.

On the topic of the challenge, if it's anything like the black/yellow stone challenge, there might be people able to read what we're doing here. I considered just leaving the locations completely random and not submitting anything and that way Scotty can randomly assign places for us. It's something, anyway.

First off, what does that mean?

Secondly, Don't worry my timezone challenged friends, I'm more than able to cover our bases.

Thirdly, hello to my new friends.

Fourthly, Hello to my old friends

Fifthly, since Epi was the one who googled the Prisioner's dilemma according to SVS, and he's now on the other tribe, I would caution against using any easily googled strategies.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It means someone might know what to do here. Epi knew right off the bat what to do in the stone challenge, he linked to it, but I have heard him mention Prisoners Dilemma before. Seems someone on your side did as well, since we did the exact same thing.

And nice to see you. We are a team, not a one man band, so lets all get this done :)

And the Googled things I found did not readily apply.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I would also avoid 4 and 8, I might be expected by Golden to pick those numbers.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:It means someone might know what to do here. Epi knew right off the bat what to do in the stone challenge, he linked to it, but I have heard him mention Prisoners Dilemma before. Seems someone on your side did as well, since we did the exact same thing.

And nice to see you. We are a team, not a one man band, so lets all get this done :)

Who said anything about one man bands? I love teams.

I'm happy to finally be on the same tribe as you, SVS.

Right as I type this I'm working on a spreadsheet for possible item placement and easier guessing (since I think I remember reading last night that Scotty will only update the map once we eliminate an object entirely, not just when we hit on part of an object).

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:It means someone might know what to do here. Epi knew right off the bat what to do in the stone challenge, he linked to it, but I have heard him mention Prisoners Dilemma before. Seems someone on your side did as well, since we did the exact same thing.

Who said anything about one man bands? I love teams.

I'm happy to finally be on the same tribe as you, SVS.

Right as I type this I'm working on a spreadsheet for possible item placement and easier guessing (since I think I remember reading last night that Scotty will only update the map once we eliminate an object entirely, not just when we hit on part of an object).
EBWOP: I see now that I transposed "only" into "Update the thread when an item is uncovered". Sleep addled brain be damned. I'm still gonna go with the spreadsheet since it makes things easier.

ImageImage
ImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 35

Post by insertnamehere »

HEY PEOPLE!

This seems like a nice group of folks, so why don't we step up and kick ass in this challenge?
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Awesome. A spread sheet will be good. Did you play the Survivor game at RM? I am thinking this will be like that, we have our guess order set up in thread, and take turns calling out selections?

And I am glad to have another super competitive person here. Atamai FTW.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Linki, 2 more competitive people.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:Awesome. A spread sheet will be good. Did you play the Survivor game at RM? I am thinking this will be like that, we have our guess order set up in thread, and take turns calling out selections?

I did play on RM. I think we were the same tribe even.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Awesome. A spread sheet will be good. Did you play the Survivor game at RM? I am thinking this will be like that, we have our guess order set up in thread, and take turns calling out selections?

I did play on RM. I think we were the same tribe even.
I don't recall everyone, just me, Tranq and Jules, really. And Layla.

But the way that worked, alternating answers, it looks to be the same here? So if we set up an answer stream, we can get off alternating answers set up in advance depending on how many are in thread at one eastern. I will be here.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

That sounds good, I'll be here.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So where do we hide them? That is not my forte, logic puzzles etc. I am fairly random that way.

As for guessing, depending on who is here I guess each just goes either down or across rows? Like A1, B1, C1 or A1, A2, A3? Do we need a ringmaster, to redirect the search if there is a hit?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:So where do we hide them? That is not my forte, logic puzzles etc. I am fairly random that way.

As for guessing, depending on who is here I guess each just goes either down or across rows? Like A1, B1, C1 or A1, A2, A3? Do we need a ringmaster, to redirect the search if there is a hit?

I have a suggestion:

I don't think our guesses should be sequential (A1, B1, C1, etc). I think we might be well served to cut the grid up among us though. Take turns guessing from within your section of the grid (since no one person can guess twice in a row, we can cover most of the board pretty easily this way)

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So we will need a ringleader to redirect in linki. That should be you, from my experience with you in D & D, you are really good at tactical adjustment.

Agreed re the grid. Although that will depend on how many are here. If worse come to worst, we can even do it with only 2-3 people here. Do we have to wait for the host to reply to each post before we make another?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop, like can we make a guess in each of 4 grids for the first round of guesses, then wait for confirmation? That will keep guesses down, but spread them out/
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Here's what I have thus far:

My thought is, depending on how many people are here, we each focus in on a Quadrant of the board.

2-4 people should just focus on Q1-Q4, and if we get lucky enough to have 5-7 people actively parcipating, we can narrow to Q1A, Q2A and so on.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:ebwop, like can we make a guess in each of 4 grids for the first round of guesses, then wait for confirmation? That will keep guesses down, but spread them out/
I would hope we get up to the minute updates but if not, that would make me very cautious about my picks until an update was issued.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote:
S~V~S wrote:ebwop, like can we make a guess in each of 4 grids for the first round of guesses, then wait for confirmation? That will keep guesses down, but spread them out/
I would hope we get up to the minute updates but if not, that would make me very cautious about my picks until an update was issued.
Oh agreed, I meant the first round only. Like if we have eight sectors, shoot out 8 picks, or maybe 4, one in each quadrant then separate the subsectors. Then do one by one from there.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Here's my suggestion for our picks:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Just a reminder that I have some time constraints today, so if you don't get a response from me, I'm probably indisposed. I appreciate your patience today, all!

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DFaraday »

S~V~S wrote:I am sad we lost Sorsha, but glad we kept Faraday.

Are you still sick, Faraday? I think I still am; my PM didn't say I wasn't. Wonder if any of the nubs are?

Mine also didn't say, but I took a bigger hit in energy than I'd expect from stoking a fire, so I'd guess I still am.

I won't be around until at least 1 my time (2 EST), so I feel like the challenge will probably be over by then. Since I want to do something useful today, I will go fishing to try out our new gear.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oh heck that's right yall got the fishing gear.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No worries Scotty
DharmaHelper wrote:Here's my suggestion for our picks:
Works for me, I don't see any other method/placement that would be better.

INH was in here before, but he's gone now. Quin is sleeping in Australia. I know Faraday has church type stuff Sunday AM as does Eloh.

I am OK with this arrangement, if you want to post it.

Liniki, hi Faraday.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I am sad we lost Sorsha, but glad we kept Faraday.

Mine also didn't say, but I took a bigger hit in energy than I'd expect from stoking a fire, so I'd guess I still am.

I won't be around until at least 1 my time (2 EST), so I feel like the challenge will probably be over by then. Since I want to do something useful today, I will go fishing to try out our new gear.
The challenge will most certainly not be over then. It might take a while.

The phase may be extended if things get backed up. I will let you all know if this is the case

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I'll 100% be here for the challenge.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty, burying the flag in B5, C5, B6, D6

- Burying the shovel in B7->B8
- Burying the Oar in E3-E5
- Burying the Pot in F1
- Burying the hatchet in G5-h5

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Stop one done. Yay us :D

OK, I will be here this after noon. I can take a quadrant or eighth, whatever way it is divided.

Random placement within quadrants, or patterns like diagonal (that was how I played Battleship, I went diagonal within quadrants and I won ore often than not)?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DharmaHelper wrote:

i'm assuming you mean the sign and I'm assuming you mean for D6=C6?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Scotty wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

i'm assuming you mean the sign and I'm assuming you mean for D6=C6?
Yes sorry, the 2x2 and in C6 not D6

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:Stop one done. Yay us :D

OK, I will be here this after noon. I can take a quadrant or eighth, whatever way it is divided.

Random placement within quadrants, or patterns like diagonal (that was how I played Battleship, I went diagonal within quadrants and I won ore often than not)?
I like the idea of going diagonal with our guesses.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK since it will not be rapid fire we will have time to discuss moves, so that helps.

OK, I will take quad 4 to start, but can do more if needed. What should we throw out for our first guess?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I'll take Q1 I suppose. I don't really have any suggestions or objections were to start. I think possibly close to the center might be a good idea. But IMO getting our foot in the door is fine even if we miss initially.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, so you start, make a lucky guess in Q1, I suppose. I've got a reply window open. It looks like INH is here, Good Luck us :)
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I can handle Q2.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image