Merged Tribe: [Night 12]

Moderator: Community Team

Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108

Re: Merged Tribe: [Night 12]

Post by Opt_Outside »

Sorsha wrote:At this point don't we have to discard loyalty and vote out who we see as the biggest threat to our own win? That's how I see it.
What does that mean for you, sorsha? Yours is probably the most important vote. I'm happy to plead my case
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 179

Post by Quin »

Sorsha wrote:At this point don't we have to discard loyalty and vote out who we see as the biggest threat to our own win? That's how I see it.
That's not necessarily the case. If I were in your shoes, I'd want to bring the people I think deserved the spot the most. If I won that way, I feel like I'd have achieved something.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:I find it more likely that Golden did it by using a role (even though the result doesn't match up) than that Elo did it, in terms of personal character and values. Although I hold that I think it unlikely that either of them would do that to someone to whom they made promises. It's just not who either of them are.

Also, still not the same result.
So even though there's a role that does actually perfectly match what happened to both you and Golden, I'm still the most likely candidate? :noble:
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:I find it more likely that Golden did it by using a role (even though the result doesn't match up) than that Elo did it, in terms of personal character and values. Although I hold that I think it unlikely that either of them would do that to someone to whom they made promises. It's just not who either of them are.

Also, still not the same result.
So even though there's a role that does actually perfectly match what happened to both you and Golden, I'm still the most likely candidate? :noble:
Because it doesn't actually perfectly match. I said that already.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Yes it does. Your argument is that 'poisoning takes an extra point away from each stat each night' is different from 'saps everything twice as fast'. Which is wrong. They are the exact same.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:Yes it does. Your argument is that 'poisoning takes an extra point away from each stat each night' is different from 'saps everything twice as fast'. Which is wrong. They are the exact same.
Not necessarily.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Yes, necessarily.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Nope. and I know how many points I am listing, so I think I can speak more accurately.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Whether you agree or not, the most likely scenario is Eloh betrayed you and Golden. I don't know what the point of accusing me at this point was, anyway.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:Whether you agree or not, the most likely scenario is Eloh betrayed you and Golden. I don't know what the point of accusing me at this point was, anyway.
It still doesn't match the description. And I'm not sure why it is so important to you that it was Eloh (since you seem to have given up your initial response that it wasn't a person, just a game thing).

And I had asked the other players, I wanted to ask you, as well. I learn a lot from responses.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:Whether you agree or not, the most likely scenario is Eloh betrayed you and Golden. I don't know what the point of accusing me at this point was, anyway.
It still doesn't match the description. And I'm not sure why it is so important to you that it was Eloh (since you seem to have given up your initial response that it wasn't a person, just a game thing).

And I had asked the other players, I wanted to ask you, as well. I learn a lot from responses.
I gave up on it after Opt pointed towards the truth of the matter. If you're going to argue it's not the same thing because it's not a word-for-word repeat, that's your call.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Off topic, but is there a way to mass delete PM's? I've got one and a half pages of just challenge PM's and I don't want to click every single one.
ImageImageImageImage
Opt_Outside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Opt_Outside »

Lorab, I don't know what you're thinking but I'm really glad we've gotten to be a team throughout this game. My only options are you and quin and I don't know exactly what to do yet but they only reason I'd vote for you would be if I felt like I needed to force a tie to make it fair and leave things to fate. I know all three of you feel you have to do what's best for your game at this point but I think loyalty goes along way with the jury and I thank all three of you for yours. We all got here with each other's help :)
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

It's not that it doesn't match word for word, it's that they are not the same effect.
Quin wrote:Off topic, but is there a way to mass delete PM's? I've got one and a half pages of just challenge PM's and I don't want to click every single one.
check the boxes and then go to the square where it says mark/unmark as important, click on it, and choose delete marked.

linkitis: I don't know what to do, either.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Opt_Outside wrote:Lorab, I don't know what you're thinking but I'm really glad we've gotten to be a team throughout this game. My only options are you and quin and I don't know exactly what to do yet but they only reason I'd vote for you would be if I felt like I needed to force a tie to make it fair and leave things to fate. I know all three of you feel you have to do what's best for your game at this point but I think loyalty goes along way with the jury and I thank all three of you for yours. We all got here with each other's help :)
I've enjoyed working with you, as well. We've been together literally since day 1, when we mutually discovered what happens when you go get water. I don't think I can vote for you. It just doesn't feel right, and you've done nothing to me to break promises, so I don't want to break any promises I've made to you.

I think I need to vote Quin.

While Quin has played a good game, Quin has also never been on my side, and is the player left to whom I do not feel a sense of loyalty.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:
Opt_Outside wrote:Lorab, I don't know what you're thinking but I'm really glad we've gotten to be a team throughout this game. My only options are you and quin and I don't know exactly what to do yet but they only reason I'd vote for you would be if I felt like I needed to force a tie to make it fair and leave things to fate. I know all three of you feel you have to do what's best for your game at this point but I think loyalty goes along way with the jury and I thank all three of you for yours. We all got here with each other's help :)
I've enjoyed working with you, as well. We've been together literally since day 1, when we mutually discovered what happens when you go get water. I don't think I can vote for you. It just doesn't feel right, and you've done nothing to me to break promises, so I don't want to break any promises I've made to you.

While Quin has played a good game, Quin has also never been on my side, and is the player left to whom I do not feel a sense of loyalty.
No hard feelings. I've voted for you for the same reason and if it's you who makes it to the end, good luck.

And Sorsha, I wanted to give you a plea as to why you shouldn't vote for me, so I'll do it here.

I've had your back since the beginning of the game, as early as when you first gave me fish. When names were being discussed in BTSC I threw in my two cents that you should have some sort of vote immunity early on, both for your role, and as a favour. I also flat out rejected voting for you back when SVS was eliminated. And I played an idol for you so that you, Opt and I could all make final three. I haven't broken my word to you.

I know you're weighing what's best for your chances of winning right now, and I get that. But it's as I said before, I think you'll earn more favour with the jury by going to the end with the people who you can have a sense of accomplishment in beating.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:

No hard feelings. I've voted for you for the same reason and if it's you who makes it to the end, good luck.

And Sorsha, I wanted to give you a plea as to why you shouldn't vote for me, so I'll do it here.

I've had your back since the beginning of the game, as early as when you first gave me fish. When names were being discussed in BTSC I threw in my two cents that you should have some sort of vote immunity early on, both for your role, and as a favour. I also flat out rejected voting for you back when SVS was eliminated. And I played an idol for you so that you, Opt and I could all make final three. I haven't broken my word to you.

I know you're weighing what's best for your chances of winning right now, and I get that. But it's as I said before, I think you'll earn more favour with the jury by going to the end with the people who you can have a sense of accomplishment in beating.
So do you not think I deserve to be here?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Don't do that.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

You implied as much, I'm just asking if that's what you, in fact think.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:You implied as much, I'm just asking if that's what you, in fact think.
I've had BTSC with you once and we didn't talk about much of anything. I can't tell you whether you deserve to be here because I don't know what you've done.
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Quin wrote:
LoRab wrote:You implied as much, I'm just asking if that's what you, in fact think.
I've had BTSC with you once and we didn't talk about much of anything. I can't tell you whether you deserve to be here because I don't know what you've done.
That's a fair statement. But I'm sure you can see how one could read your posts as implying differently.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

LoRab wrote:
Quin wrote:
That's a fair statement. But I'm sure you can see how one could read your posts as implying differently.
I can. I rewrote that part about four times because I didn't want to sound like I was making a blanket statement that you or Opt don't deserve the spot.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Episode 13: "Final Tribal"
With the necklace firmly around her neck, Sorsha had one mission left: to decide who she wanted to see next to her in the finals.

For Quin, Opt and LoRab, it was far less cut and dry. No one felt safe.

"I'm scared," whispered Quin, grabbing his torch en route to the final tribal.

"I literally shat myself I'm so scared," the censors failed to overhear Opt say.

"I just want to say It's been an honor to play with you fellas," said LoRab.

At tribal, Scotty Probst was in the middle of a rousing operatic rendition of "Time to Say Goodbye" while riding a unicycle.

"Man, they're really pulling out the stops to get viewers these days," Quin said, shaking his head.

"4, soon to be 3. Y'all know who you're voting?" asked Scotty.

"Not really, no," said Opt.

"Great. Let's get to the vote."

The contestants all marched up to the tribal voting booth as if in a funeral dirge.

"I'll go get the votes."

But Vanna White slaked her way over to Probst with the jar, winked at him, and then vanished into the night.

"Wow! That was amazing!" shouted Probst.

"Once the votes are read, the decision will be made and the person will be asked to leave the tribal council area immediately. I’ll read the votes."

1st vote:
Spoiler: show
Quin.

2nd vote:
LoRab.

3rd vote:
2 votes Quin, 1 vote LoRab

4th vote
“We're tied with 2 votes Quin, 2 votes LoRab.

We must go to a fire making challenge.

Both Quin and LoRab hung their heads and made their ways onto a separate chamber at tribal council, and sat on their respective stools.

"Rules are simple. Players will be given a piece of flint and a knife, as well as fire making materials underneath a rope. The first player to build their fire high enough to burn the rope is safe. The loser is sent home. Ready?" instructed Scotty.

"Not really, no," huffed Quin.

"Great. Begin."

LoRab immediately went for the sticks and built a teepee-like formation. Quin packed a small bushel of brushweed together and started striking his flint to get a spark.
After a few minutes of striking, Quin finally started a fire. Without a proper base to build on, it quickly started to burn out.
Meanwhile, LoRab was still working on her masterpiece, an exact replica of the White House.

Quin's fire burned out, so he hurriedly built a small base of sticks this time, and began striking at his flint.
LoRab, adding the finishing curtains of the West Wing of her White House, nodded silently to herself and struck the flint delicately, immediately making a spark. Quin, now sweating, struck faster and faster, but was having a bit of trouble.

LoRab's White House burned like the real one did in 1814. It was a mean blaze. Quin finally found a spark and started burning his sticks.

Both players had fires going...but soon LoRab's fire started petering out. It seemed she used all of her sticks to build wide, not high. Her sticks casually burned to a crisp and fell.
Quin had to wait not much longer before his fire began licking the rope above the platform. And just like that, Quin's rope snapped.

Quin won the fire-making challenge. (This was decided on a coinflip, for the record. No one actually had an advantage in this)

LoRab, the tribe has spoken. You will become the ninth and final member of the Jury. As a jury member, you will be tasked with ultimately voting for and deciding who you think deserves to be called the winner of this game.

"But I was so CLOSE," burst LoRab. Then she was led away.

LoRab was the Lawyer:
Lawyer, originally from Season 28's Cagayan

She describes herself as resourceful, tenacious and underestimated. Her favorite hobbies include reading, rabble rousing and golfing/walking/hiking.

This woman loves chaos. Every odd night, she receives the day poll for the next day and can choose to remove one option.
Twice in the game, she can steal 1 point of her choice of either Energy, Hunger, or Thirst from another player. This must be exercised in the night, and the other player must be on the same tribe. Cannot target the same player twice. If player is depleted of the requested attribute, stock will be refunded.

As long as Superfan is on a different tribe, or is eliminated, Lawyer gains the following ability:
???

Your starting wellness levels are as follows:
20 Energy, 10 Thirst, and 10 Hunger.

************************************************************************************************************************

Now, it is up the Jury to decide who will win the game of Survivor: Mafia. See you in the Final Tribal Thread.

[center]It is now FINAL TRIBAL COUNCIL. The game will conclude in 24 hours at Midnight, PST.[/center]
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Survivor Mafia”